Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper

+12
VentiGirl
fairytales_end
Fairy101
Kajunblueyes
Zeddie
newhaven5
Cassiopeia
kiki
Nane
flyersfan35
Kasper
willgirl
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper - Page 2 Empty Re: Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:37 pm

Nane wrote:hmmm, I wonder where the idea with the eggs comes from..... is there personal experience calling?
This is really a sweet progression. I like it. Lilly and Theo are a good team.
omg, nane, I was thinking the exact same thing! I can just see kas as a little mischief maker...lol!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:47 pm

*sigh* My favoritist fic is being neglected...but it's okay, I know you're busy. I will continue to wait, cuz I know it will be worth it...

(see, I'm being super good!)
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:17 am

Now kasper...perhaps you should update here, because I know there are readers on here that aren't on ff...and you're 3 chapters behind here...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:24 pm

Chapter 6

Lily headed straight for her bedroom upon entering Brennan’s apartment. She flopped on the bed, too tired to even take a shower. Despite being physically exhausted her mind was racing. She hadn’t had that much fun in a long time and it felt good to be carefree, or at least somewhat. The biggest thing on her mind, however, was when Theo’s hand touched hers. Though cliché and often the part of the movie that she criticized, she could feel a stream of electricity through her body the she could still feel now. She peeled back the covers, hoping that she cool down and fall asleep. It took three cycles of the air conditioning to kick in, but she finally fell asleep.

It wasn’t the sound of the honking cars that awoke Lily, nor the police sirens in the background. Instead it was the light tap on the door from the rap of Brennan’s knuckle.
The door slowly swung open followed by Brennan’s head. “Lily?” she asked quietly.

“Yeah,” replied Lily, quickly sitting up. “Is something wrong?”

“No, no. Booth and I got called into work today to meet with counsel on a case that we closed a few weeks ago and the guy wants his right to a speedy trial. We have to meet with the prosecution and go over all the details. The only problem is that Booth has his son and we were hoping that you could watch him for a while.”

“He has a son?” asked an incredulous Lily.

“Yeah. Sorry, I don’t want to seem like I am imposing upon you, we just thought-“

“Don’t worry Dr. Brennan. It’s fine. I watch my cousin all the time at home.”

“You’re a live saver Lily,” said Brennan with a smile. “Um, Booth should be here really soon.” The quick knock on the door followed by the shout of her name let them know that Booth was there. “The door is open!” shouted Brennan. “I’ll let you get dressed.”

Lily thanked her and quickly made her bed before throwing on jeans and a t-shirt. She went out to the kitchen to find Booth knotting his tie while using the toaster as a mirror.

“Good morning Lily,” greeted Booth. He jiggled his leg. “Please get off my leg Park.” From behind Booth’s leg came a mass of blond curls that quickly disappeared. “Come on Parker, you are never this shy. Say hello to Lily.”

The blond curls appeared again, this time followed with a face. “Hello,” he mumbled so quietly that she had just barely heard him.

Lily knelt down to his eye level and smiled. “Well hello Parker,” she replied. She extended her hand. He looked at it for a few seconds before returning it weakly.

“Bones we’re gonna be late and I really don’t want to listen to Caroline…” warned Booth.

“Okay Booth. I’m ready. Um feel free to do whatever you’d like.” She pointed towards the kitchen. “There are some cereals. Never mind.” She reached into her pocket and thrust some money at Lily before Booth started pulling her away. “Theo will arrive in a little bit.”

Before Lily could even say good bye the door shut. She shrugged and headed out to the living room where Parker sat on the couch, his fingers playing with a loose thread on the pillow that sat on his lap. His gaze was focused on the corner of the room furthest from where Lily stood.

“Okay then Parker. What would you like to do?” She looked around the room trying to find things to do. “We could watch some cartoons.” The boy still didn’t look up. Lily sighed and sat next to him on the couch, placing her arm around him. “Well then Parker, if you don’t tell me what you want to do, we can just sit here together and admire the wallpaper. I feel that the beige wallpaper really speaks to the room. It makes it the perfectly calm room to unwind after a hard day. The way the sunlight hits it makes it seem like the room is bigger and I bet that at night the effect with the light from the lamps is the same. How do you feel?” Lily smiled as she looked straight ahead; she could feel the little boy trying to contain his laughs.

He tried to stay quiet but Lily swooped in and started to tickle him. The boy rolled onto the ground laughing.

“Okay, okay. Stop!” Lily obliged and sat back as the boy stood up. “Could we make something for breakfast?”

“Of course.” Lily walked into the kitchen. “Um… well it doesn’t look like she is a cereal fan. How about we make some pancakes.”

“Can I help?” Parker tried his best puppy dog face, and Lily smiled.

“Of course.”

….

The process of making the pancakes created a trail of flour and other materials that covered the extent of the kitchen. Parker had syrup on his fingers and everything that he came into contact with picked up the property of sticky. Just as Lily was ready to add the dishes to the dishwasher there was a knock at the door.

Slinging a dishtowel over her shoulder she told Parker to go wash up while on the way to answer the door. She pulled the door back to reveal Theo standing there. He wore black cargo shorts and a white T-shirt. His hair was a mess, telltale of the fact that he just woke up. As he stepped in she could smell some sort of body spray and instantly she was reminded of the previous night. She willed the thoughts away as she shut the door again.

“Um, so what are we doing here on a weekend? I picked up the phone like half asleep and I don’t remember anything.”

“Agent Booth and Dr. Brennan had to go to meet with someone for court.”

“Oh and we get stuck babysitting for the day, how lovely,” whined Theo.

“Get over it.”

Theo looked at her and glared. “No, I think not. I don’t like being treated like—“ Theo shut up as Lily shoved a piece of bacon in his mouth.

“Please, get over it.” Theo glared as he chewed the bacon.

Just then Parker came running through the kitchen stopping between Lily and Theo. He grabbed Theo’s hand, and with all traces of the initial shyness gone, Parker dragged the duo into the living room.

“Look, look!” exclaimed Parker while jumping up and down. He was pointing towards the couch where the cushions were propped up against a coffee table and a quilt used to make a fort. Theo looked to Lily, who shrugged in response.

“Come on guys! Come play army with me!” Theo shrugged and took off his shoes before getting on his hands and knees and following Parker into the dwelling.

Lily shook her head and muttered, “Boys.”

Half an hour later Lily sat in her bedroom reading a book. The boys were in the living room playing their game and Lily decided that she should let them be. She turned the page and heard a creak that certainly didn’t come from the book. She rolled over and faced the doorway to find a socked foot. She marked her page before getting up to investigate the disturbance.

“Ahhhhh!” screamed Theo and Parker as they appeared around the doorframe and threw socks at her before running away.

“Hey!” shouted Lily before picking up the socks and running down the hall to get them. This time, however, the living room was transformed into a fort that spanned the room.

“Come out, come out, where ever you are,” she said as she looked around for any signs of one of them. She saw movement to her right and acted, rolling across the floor and pelting the side with socks.

“Man down, man down!” shouted Theo in mock injury. “Requesting backup.”

“I’ll save you!” shouted Parker. He appeared from behind the couch and threw a sock that went up and over Lily’s head right for the shelf of artifacts behind her. A vase perched on the top shelf was hit and immediately it wobbled. Lily jumped in an effort to get to it before it fell, but her foot got tangled in a blanket and she ended up face first on the ground. The vase hit the ground with a resonating crash and shattered.

“Uh oh,” said Parker. He moved to the vase and looked at what he had done. “Now Bones is gonna hate me.” He started sobbing and ran down the hall out of sight.

Theo squatted next to Lily who was still on the ground. “I’ll tell you one thing,” he said. “If we’re ever in a chase of some sort, I don’t want you covering my ass because you’ll trip over a rock or stick or something.” He smiled and extended his hand to her, which she took.

“Thanks for the confidence,” she replied sarcastically. “Look, go cheer up Parker and I’ll try and fix this.” Theo nodded and headed down the hall in search for the boy. Lily headed over to the mess. The medium sized vase had split into a few pieces though most of them large though some were on the smaller side. She scooped them up and then brought them to the kitchen. She would need glue, toothpicks, and Q-tips. She found the glue and toothpicks in the kitchen and headed towards the bathroom to get some Q-tips. On the way she passed by Brennan’s office where Parker and Theo were. Curious, she stopped to listen.

“Come on dude,” urged Theo. “It’s okay. Lily’s going to fix it back to the way it was and it’ll be perfect so that no one will ever know what happened.”

“Can she really do that? Make it perfect?”

“Of course she can. She’s very good like that.” Theo patted Parker on the back. “Come on buddy, let’s go watch her work her magic.” Parker sniffed and then Lily heard the chairs move and she headed back to the kitchen before they saw her.

It took her an hour, but she got the vase back to standing and the cracks almost invisible.

“Wow!” shouted Parker. “You’re very good!” Parker hugged her. “Thanks!”

“No problem Parker, but I think that for the rest of the afternoon we should find a kid friendly thing to do.”

“Hmm,” said Theo who was also sitting at the table, though working on a crossword puzzle. “How about we go back to my house. My younger sister is Parker’s age and I have more kid friendly things than good ol’ Doc here does.”

“Good idea,” said Lily. They cleaned up the living room and made sure the place was spotless before getting ready to leave. Lily was about to shut the door when the phone rang from inside the apartment. She ran back inside to pick it up when the answer machine clicked over and she heard Brennan’s voice.

“Hello.”

“Hey Lily, it’s Booth. How are things going?”

“Um good. We were all going to head over to Theo’s house because there are more… kid friendly things to do there.”

“Yeah, the house is like a museum. Um I called because Bones and I may get stuck here longer than we thought. It looks like we won’t get out until late afternoon.”

“That’s okay. I think that we can manage on our own.”

“I should hope so. Alright then, talk to you guys later.”

“Bye Agent Booth.”

Lily hung up the phone and left the apartment t o where Theo was parked. He drove a black Honda Accord and he leaned over to open the care door for her. She climbed in and buckled up.

“Off we go,” said Theo.

The chapter continues below...
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:26 pm

Chapter 6 continued...

Theo Girard lived in a home that was not much smaller than the home of Jack Hodgins. As Theo pulled into the driveway Lily was imagining what it must have been like to grow up in such a big, beautiful home. Once parked, they got out and Theo’s mother was waiting at the door.

“Theo I thought I told you to do your laundry last night!” she scorned. “Oh sorry, who are your friends?”

“Mom, this is my colleague, Lily Walsh. She’s the science genius that I was talking about. And this is Agent Booth’s son, Parker.”

“Oh he’s so cute.” She extended her hand towards Lily. “I’m Maggie and it’s nice to meet you.”

“Same,” returned Lily with a smile.

“Well I’ll let you kiddies do what you feel. Theo, your sister is upstairs in her room.”

Theo nodded and the rest followed inside. If the outside was beautiful then there existed no word to describe the inside. The foyer had marble floor the caused sound to reverberate throughout the high ceiling area.

“Samantha!” shouted Theo. “Get down here!”

“Um, isn’t it easier just to walk upstairs and get her?” asked Lily.

“Probably.” A little girl of about seven years walked downstairs. “Parker, this is my younger sister Samantha.” The kids stared at each other for a moment. “Now, go play!”

“Wanna come see my room?” asked Samantha.

“Okay.” Parker followed Samantha up the stairs.

Once out of sight, Theo turned to Lily. “So, what would you like to do?”

“I don’t know what there is to do.”

“Okay then. Come on, the game room is downstairs.” They headed to the basement where there was a big screen TV and a variety of video game consoles. “I was, well am, kind of spoiled.”

“No, really?” Lily sat on the sofa. “Do you have Call of Duty 4?”

Theo went over to the Xbox. “Hell yeah I do.” He threw her a controller. “We’ll play online.”

“Come on Theo, get the guy!” shouted Lily. Two hours later, they were still playing the game. Theo was surprised that Lily was so good, however once they got used to each other’s playing style they became a very deadly team.

“I’m trying! Where’s my sniper support on the southern flank?”

“Um trying to defeat the guys coming up the ladder that are kicking my ass.” The screen went dark signaling the game was over. They had lost by one point.

“Thanks a lot Theo.” Lily got up and headed towards the piano that was in the corner.

“What, you are going to blame this on me? I think not, in fact I think that if you didn’t take the stupid bolt action rifle you’d have been able to take out guys faster.”

“Don’t start on me. I’ve saved you many times.” She started playing a simple tune on the piano similar to The Entertainer.

Theo had no reply because he knew it was true. Instead, he moved over to where she was by the piano. “You’re good.”

“Thanks. My dad played and then he wanted me to play too.”

“My mother made me take lessons when I was like eight and I can play like half of one song.”

“Really?” She scooted over, allowing him to take over. “Play it.”

He laughed. “I’m nothing in comparison to you.”

“Just play.” He sighed and started playing the right hand portion of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

“Told you I was lame.”

Lily laughed. “You’re not lame.”

“Thanks for the boost.” Just then there was a vibration and Theo answered his cell phone.

“Yo…oh okay… yeah we can… sure no problem… see you soon.” He returned the phone to his pocket. “Booth and Dr. Brennan are finished. They said that we should meet them at the dinner.”

After promising to come back at some point before the summer was over, Maggie allowed them to leave. The drive back to DC was quiet as Parker was tired from playing and being up early and Lily was busy thinking. Her mind was swirling with thoughts of Theo. She knew it was just some kind of teenage lust, but she was picturing a life in which he was always around.

“Did you hear me?” asked Theo again with a sideways glance.

“No, what did you say?”

“I asked if you wanted to listen to any music.”

“Oh, sure. Pick something.”

They pulled up to the Diner singing Queen’s bohemian Rhapsody. Parker had nodded off at some point somehow not awaking with all the terrible singing.

“Lily, look.” Theo pointed to a couple in the booth ahead of them, which she realized were Booth and Brennan. They were sharing fries off a plate and staring at each other in that love struck teen kind of way.

“How long do you give before they cave?”

“Not long now. I mean seriously, how long can two people dance around each other’s feelings?”

“A while.”

Lily got out of the car and gently nudged Parker to wake him up. He was still groggy so she offered to give him a piggyback ride into the dinner. Once inside Parker jumped down to hug his father.

“Hey bub, did you have a good day?” Parker talked about everything they did while Lily and Theo slipped into the booth opposite Brennan. Parker sat on Booth’s lap as he told about the events.

“Oh and I learned that Lily is very good at fixing things.”

At hearing that, Brennan’s interest seemed to peak. “What do you mean?”

“Nothing.” Their saving grace was that everyone’s dinner had arrived. Lily smiled as she ate. Seeing Booth and Parker happy and Brennan watching happily made her miss her family, but she was happy to know that there were others in the world that still had the love and compassion for others.

“Who wants ice cream sundaes?” asked Booth. There was a unanimous yes.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Aw, kas, you posted here! Yay! And it just gives me an excuse to reread it...not that I need one...lol.

*sigh* But now I want another chapter...and an ice cream sundae...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:08 am

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

It was Monday, the slowest and most painful day of the week. With the events of the weekend far behind, everyone returned to normalcy. Booth was with Theo as they went to the Hoover building in order to learn about some of the things. Lily stayed with Brennan in hopes of gleaning something from the bones.

Lily was working on her first skull reconstruction under the supervision of Brennan. In front of her were all the tiny pieces of the skull and then a picture of what it should look like. Lily didn’t want to do it at first because she feared making a mess. Brennan encouraged her to try and respectfully assisted her in putting the pieces in the right place.

“Dr. Brennan, this looks different,” said Lily as she handed the piece of skull fragment to Brennan.

“It looks like it’s from the occipital lobe.” She rolled the chair to the magnifier and looked at it. “It’s definitely from the occipital lobe. It looks like it is pitted.”

“What could do that?” asked a now intrigued Lily.

“I’m not sure. It could be something chemical or even from someone trying gouge out the eye. But there was no other signs of any other attempt at disfigurement.”

“Didn’t Agent Booth say that the victim and his brother were in the drug business?”

Brennan grabbed the file from the table beside her. “Yes, nice memory. He was the eldest and the one involved in the peddling of the drug. What are you thinking about?”

“Well I remember learning in high school that meth labs create many hazardous chemicals like phosphine and hydroiodic acid.”

“I suppose those types of injuries, if left on the bone it could cause those kind of markings, though there isn’t much research on this type of injury.”

“Oh.”

“Well no, don’t sound too dejected yet. The beauty in science is that we can come up with our own experiment and test the results.” She walked to the end of the platform and motioned for Hodgins to come up.

“Yes Dr. Brennan?” he said once swiping his card.

“Lily proposed that some pitting marks on the skull fragments might be from the chemicals found in a common meth lab explosion.”

Hodgins smiled as he listened. “I’ll get Zach.”

Hodgins nearly skipped off the platform as he went to collect Zach. Lily looked at him questioningly. Brennan just smiled. “They like to um, test the boundaries of science.”

“Bones!” shouted Booth as he stepped up on the platform with Theo trailing not that far behind. “Where are…you?” he asked to thin air as he looked around confusedly for Brennan.

“Booth, we’re over here!” she called from one of the rooms to the side. Lily, Brennan, Hodgins, and Zach were sitting in the room wearing goggles. Their focus was on a chemistry set up in front of them. Hodgins passed two pairs of goggles to Booth and Theo.

“You guys may want to put these on,” he warned.

“Um, care to explain what’s going on?” asked Booth as he donned the glasses.

“Lily noticed some marks on the skull that looked to random to be from an instrument of some sort. She hypothesized that perhaps a meth lab explosion could have caused the injuries.”

Booth looked over to Lily. “Well very good. You might as well be a true Squint.” Lily smiled in response.

“Okay, I’m ready,” announced Hodgins. They left the room so they could watch from a safe location. “Okay, commonly in make your own meth labs you take pseudoephedrine or ephedrine as one of the starting materials. It’s combined with other chemicals and besides meth you get a couple of kilograms of very nasty chemicals that could kill. What Zach and I did was try to rig it so that it simulated the release of ethanol vapors which would trigger an explosion with the heat source.”

“Sounds complicated,” stated Theo.

“It’s pretty easy, actually,” stated Zach.

“Okay, let’s get the show on the highway.”

“Road, Bones. Let’s get the show on the road.”

“Excuse me, what show?” asked Cam as she walked onto the platform.

“We’re running an experiment to see what effects a chemical explosion would have on the skeletal system,” explained Zach.

“I see.” She looked around at the group. “Well then, I suppose you may carry on.” As the words left her mouth, there came a boom as a splatter of chemicals amongst the plastic containment. “Well definitely carry on. Oh by the way, there is going to be a social gathering next Friday with the Jeffersonian and some of our donors where we will be honoring some of the accomplishments the institution has had over the past fifty years. I know these things are boring, but I expect all of you to attend.” She looked at the young ones. “You two also.”

The group watched as Cam retreated and then returned to watch the experiment. The material started to drip down the glass creating a streak.
Zach carefully chipped a piece of the bone and the handed it to Brennan who placed it under a microscope for comparison with the other piece. She took a peek before leaning back and looking at Lily.

“Well Lily, what do you think?”

She squinted to get a better look and nodded her head. “It looks like a match to me.”

“Alright, good enough for me.” Booth gestured for Theo to follow him. “Come on, we’re going to try to get a search warrant.”

Hodgins looked back at the mess that was back in the room. “I’m not going to have to clean this up, am I?”

Brennan, Lily and Zach all nodded and quickly dispersed into other areas. “Damn,” muttered Hodgins to himself.

Brennan and Lily were sitting in the office when Booth appeared with Theo a few hours later.

“The house was clean,” said Booth as he plopped on the couch with Theo following in suit. “We searched every nook and cranny and came up empty. No chemical waste, no makeshift lab, nada.”

“What about the credit card purchases?”

“It’s going to take some time to get that.” Booth looked at his watch. “Shit, we’re going to be late for Sweets.”

“Who’s Sweets?” asked Theo.

“Our therapist,” replied Booth and Brennan at the same time. Lily and Theo just snickered at the adults.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:01 pm

Hehee.. Kasper Ze Chemist has posted here. I remember reading it in the Fanfiction.net. Fly told me that its her favourite story from you....

I like the story very much. Just that it has no B/B pov. That only Lily's and Theo's point of view...Smile And that is interesting to read. I am lookin forward for the next chappies Smile
I really, really love the story.
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:44 pm

Wait...I told you it was my favorite story, cass? Really? Hmm...I'm not sure I remember mentioning that...lol.

Haha, of course it's my fave...and it's a good thing I love it, and my sweet ghosty, too, cuz I sure have waited a long time for each and every lovely chapter...and I'm still waiting, very patiently, for the next one...a belated Christmas present...just how belated remains a mystery, though...lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by newhaven5 Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:48 am

This is amazing. I love reading something from a different point of view than B&B. Keep writing!!!
newhaven5
newhaven5
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 99
Say What You Want : I would like for Bones and Booth to get over themselves and get together. Obviously!
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:30 am

Okay, kas...if you can't post a new chapter before you go back, you have to at least post the last one here. Okay? Good. Very Happy
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:17 pm

This is great!! Theo and Lily are like a mini B&B!! Update soon!!
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper - Page 2 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:18 pm

Chapter 8

The waiting room was nearly silent; the only sound was coming from the receptionist in the corner that was smacking her gum. Booth and Brennan sat together at the far wall, each perusing a magazine and acting as if nothing was different. Theo had gone to use the restroom so Lily opted to take a seat opposite the large window. The sun was shining now, but the weatherman was forecasting thunderstorms for later in the day. Lily spent the time watching as the few clouds passed by.

The door opened up and a young man walked out. Lily was surprised to see that Booth and Brennan immediately stood up. That was there therapist?

“Good afternoon Agent Booth and Dr. Brennan,” greeted the young man. His gaze shifted to Theo and Lily. “Em, hi.”

Booth patted the man on the back. “Sweets, that’s Theo and Lily. Bones and I have interns this summer and we couldn’t just leave them behind.

“Ah yes. Why am I the last person to always find out about these things?”

“Don’t know Sweets, don’t know,” replied Booth as he and Brennan walked into the room. Lily and Theo followed suit, taking a seat on the couch adjacent to the one by Booth and Brennan.

“So I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Lance Sweets.” Theo and Lily nodded. “Well I work with Booth and Brennan here to help their communication skills as mandated by the FBI. I also help with cases that need criminal profiling.”

“Yeah yeah Sweets, let’s get this show on the road,” urged Booth.

“What’s with the urgency today Agent Booth? Hot date tonight?” The room looked at him expectantly.

He leaned back and put up his hands. “Hey number one, I don’t have a hot date tonight, and number two, even if I did it wouldn’t be any of your business.”

“Okay, that aside, let’s get going. I think that we should work on communication skills for the time being because apparently you guys are deficient in that area.” They all groaned and followed Sweets’ lead.

An hour and a half later they found themselves at the diner, again. Theo twirled a fry in some ketchup lazily and then stared at it. “I’m not complaining or anything, but do you guys ever eat anything other than this food?”

Booth looked to Brennan and shrugged. “Not really. Though Bones makes an awesome mac and cheese.”

Theo’s eyes went wide. “Really? I love mac and cheese.”

“I guess I could make it for dinner one night if you guys really want it,” said a blushing Brennan.

“That’s a deal Dr. Brennan,” said Theo. Lily observed the conversation with a smile, noting how easy and normal things seemed to flow together. It had only been a few weeks, but they acted like they knew each other for a long time. Lily watched as a woman entered the diner and was surprised to see that upon closer inspection it was Angela. She slid into the booth, next to Brennan and Lily.

“Hello all,” she greeted with a smile.

“Good evening Angela,” replied Booth with a smile. “To what do we owe this pleasure?”
Angela turned to Brennan. “IS he being smart with me?” Brennan shrugged. “Whatever. I came here to pick up the girls so we can do some shopping for the gala on Friday. Hodgie gave me his credit card so let’s go.”

“What? I thought tonight we were going over paperwork,” said Booth.

“Unless paperwork is your keyword for sex, and I know it’s not, there’s nothing that urgent that needs to be done.” She pushed Brennan along. “Good night boys.”

They sat in the food court at the mall eating some ice cream to replace the calories they burned walking around the mall for the perfect outfits for the each of them. Angela had found the perfect dress for both Lily and Brennan and had them easily accessorized. She then took another painstaking hour walking everywhere trying to find something that would knock Jack out of his shoes. They finally found it and were able to take a break before leaving.

Angela savored a few bites the sweet flavors of the ice cream before looking to Lily.

“So, has Theo asked you out yet?” she asked nonchalantly.

Lily nearly spit out her ice cream. “Excuse me?”

Angela smiled devilishly. “You heard me.”

“Theo and I aren’t like that. We’ve just become friends after being thrown into the same situation and not knowing anyone else.”

“Okay, if that’s what you want to think. If you both bickered a little more and you each had guns I think that you could be Booth and Bren.”

“Ange! Stop characterizing us like that!” said Brennan. Lily just laughed.

“Sorry Angela, but we’re just friends. He’s a really nice guy though and I’m glad I was able to meet him.” Lily shook her head to add some proof behind her statement, yet there was doubt coursing through her veins. Sure Theo was good looking and he really was a nice guy, but even though she was attracted to him she was sure that he didn’t reciprocate the feelings.

The morning came with giant rolls of thunder and sheets of rain. Lily wanted to stay huddled under her blankets, comfortable and peaceful. Brennan knocked on her door, signaling that it was time to get up and she sighed as she got her things to shower.

When ready, they headed for the Jeffersonian, stopping at a small café to get breakfast for the team first. Once getting there, Brennan was surprised to see that Booth and Theo were sitting on the couch in her office.

“What are you guys doing here so early?” she asked as she set the food down.

“Credit card records came back, but there’s nothing conclusive. I’ve brought Darrell Hunter in for questioning though.”

“We’ll drop off breakfast off with the others and see if Hodgins and Angela can find anything that goes along with meth production while we are on the way to see Robert Hunter.”

Darrell Hunter didn’t look like the kind of guy that would have been involved in a drug ring. Dressed in a business suit and tie, with his hair gelled to the side Hunter sat tapping his fingers on the table.

Lily and Theo sat in the observation room and watched as Booth and Brennan sat quietly in the interrogation room. Booth was getting antsy as they awaited the phone call from Hodgins.

“So Darrell, what do you know about what happened to your brother?” asked Booth in an effort to get the man to talk. Darrell however, simply smiled and continued tapping at the table. Just then Booth’s phone rang and he picked it up. It was short and as he returned it to his pocket, they could tell from his facial expression that it was not good. Booth signaled for Brennan to follow him to the other room. They joined Lily and Theo in the observation room.

Booth ran a hand through his hair. “Well Hodgins cannot find anything Robert Hunter’s credit card reports that would link them to methamphetamine production.”

“So what now?” asked Brennan.

“We have to get this slimeball to talk. But it sure as hell looks like he’s not going to budge.” Booth sighed before heading back out the door.

“Where’s my son?” shouted a woman from down the hall. Lily and Theo popped out of the room to see a woman following a man in a suit. She walked up the Booth. “I told you to stay away from my boys.” She went into the interrogation room to collect her son.

“Agent Booth, I’m Mr. Hunter’s lawyer Stanley Beagle.” He took a card from the side of his briefcase. “Next time you need to speak to my client you can contact me first.” The three of them walked out of the interrogation room. On the way down the hall Darrell turned around and gave Booth a wicked smile as well as a wave. Booth groaned in anger and punched the table in the interrogation room.

They sat in Brennan’s apartment after Booth convinced her to make the mac and cheese that night. She and Booth were in the kitchen working on dinner, leaving Lily and Theo in the living room. Theo was flipping through the channels lazily, while Lily was reading a book. Bored, Theo threw the remote to his side and inched closer to Lily. She could smell his cologne and immediately her thoughts shifted to her conversation with Angela the night before.

“What are you reading?” he asked her. She simply held up the book so that he could easily read the cover. He sighed. “I was just trying to make some light conversation. Jeez.”

She closed the book, but used her finger to keep the page. “Lovely weather we’ve been having, don’t you think?” She put the book back up to cover her face. “That is making light conversation. You are just being distracting.”

He leaned even closer so that he could read the words. His arm was brushing hers and she had to suppress the urge to shiver. “Is this distracting?” he asked her.

“Um yes, very.” She pushed him off of her and put the book down. “I’m going to read in my room until it is dinner time so that I’m not distracting.” She walked down the hall to her room and turned on the small lamp beside her bed.

She threw the book to the floor in a humph. He was starting to get to her and she didn’t like that. Of course she had liked boys before, but they were never ones in her reach. She would rather stare across the classroom and day dream about them. But Theo, he just kept edging closer to her and she was beginning to the think that maybe she had a chance with him. She shook her head. Who was she kidding? He was rich and cute and definitely the type of guy that had girls flying at him from all directions.

The door to the room opened and Theo walked in. “That’s not reading.” He pointed to the book on the floor.

“Really, I thought that I was. I must be getting old.” Theo smiled and jumped on her bed, taking up the end.

“Have you always been a smart ass?”

“Unfortunately it’s one of the things that I inherited from my father.”

“I inherited my good looks from my father.”

“Yep.” She put a hand to her mouth. Did she just agree that he was good looking? Theo just smirked.

“Thanks a lot. I love compliments. My ego is really hungry you know.” He stood up and put his hands in his pocket. “Look, I was wondering. During the thingy we have to go to tomorrow, could we you know, hang out there? I mean I know that we really don’t know anyone else anyway, but I just don’t want to get stuck talking to old people.”

Lily smiled at the way the once very articulate Theo was now reduced to his teenager form. “I don’t know. I was looking forward to meeting more people, you know. To take advantage of this as a way to branch out.”

“Oh, okay then. Pretend that I didn’t ask.”

Lily stood and smiled. “I was just kidding.” She patted him on his back. “I think dinner should be ready soon.”

They walked down the hallway back to the kitchen. Lily could feel him watching her the whole time. She had to smile on the inside though. Maybe she did have a chance with him.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Yay! My favoritist chapter...except now I really can't wait for the next one...*sigh*
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by newhaven5 Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:47 pm

Keep writing more! I am very interested in this story!!!!
newhaven5
newhaven5
Squint
Squint

Say What You Want : I would like for Bones and Booth to get over themselves and get together. Obviously!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:51 am

Oooo! (in sing song voice) Lily likes Theo, Lily likes Theo! Can't wait for more!! Great chapter!!
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper - Page 2 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kajunblueyes Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:49 pm

great story I love the charactor interaction!
~~~~~~Cassie~~~~~~~~
Kajunblueyes
Kajunblueyes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : \"When you hear the words 'We think it's Cancer' it puts everything into perspective
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy101 Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:59 pm

Loves it ALOT! Pps pretty please!! Do i ave 2 beg!

Cause I will!

Fairy101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 310
Say What You Want : A balanced person knows dere insane!
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 pm

Haha, begging doesn't work, fairy, but you can try...lol

Oh, and welcome to the aby!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy101 Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:34 am

Thanks i thought it was worth a shot

Fairy101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 310
Say What You Want : A balanced person knows dere insane!
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:08 am

Okay kasper...since you've posted the other things I asked you to...perhaps you could post the next chapter of Mentor for me...

*shrugs* It's worth a shot...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Well for starters, I kind of changed the story around, I’m going to add another day until the dance thingy that we have coming up. So that will be all in the next chapter. As for this chapter, it may be a little boring and more of filler than anything else. I hope I didn’t go too out of character, even though I did create these characters… haha. Well thanks for taking a peek!

Chapter 9

They sat on the platform, leaning back on the comfortable chairs with their feet on the railing. Theo had a few lollipops and he gave one to Lily, so they sat observing Brennan’s office.

“It’s really sad that they have no clue, isn’t it,” said Angela as she approached the duo on the platform. They turned around in their chairs.

“I know,” replied Theo. “Are they always like that?” He gestured to how he was sitting on her desk and they were laughing at something unknown to the viewers.

“It’s been a lot more lately. It’s like they know it, but ignore it. They just need something to push them in the right direction.”

“It seems like you’ve tried,” pointed out Lily.

“Can’t say that I haven’t. Though Bren’s got this amazing dress for tomorrow night so I’m hoping that may be the final straw.”

“Maybe we can get them to dance to something. Is there a DJ?”

‘Actually there is a live band just playing the basics, at least that’s what Cam told me.”

“Darn,” replied Theo. “It would have been cool to sneak a song on there to get them to dance to.”

Angela smiled. “Well Theo, according to your Facebook you’re a great singer.”

Theo turned ten shades red. “I… wha… how can you see it?”

“My little secret. You shouldn’t put things on there that you don’t want others to see.”

Lily turned to Theo. “You sing?”

“I, yeah, so?”

“Nothing, I just think it’s cute.”

Theo just glared at her. “Well you Theo, maybe you could serenade them from the stage. I’m sure I could rearrange something with the band…”

Theo looked to Lily who simply smiled in return. “We’ll discuss it,” replied Theo. Angela smirked before cheerily leaving. Theo made sure that Angela was out of earshot before turning to Lily.

“Look don’t feel forced into it,” he started, but stop when he saw the smile on her face.

“Are you kidding? This could be lots of fun!”

He was about to reply when Booth came dashing out of Brennan’s office. At first she thought that he was angry, but as he got closer he explained.

“Theo, I forgot about a meeting with Cullen. He wants to talk to you about how the summer is going.”

“Okay.” Theo stood up and started to fix his tie. “Lily, I’ll come pick you up a little bit later. I’ll call you first.”

Lily smiled and watched his retreating form.

Theo arrived back at the Jeffersonian at a quarter past two. In the time since his departure, Zack was showing Lily how they work on the remains from limbo. They were mainly examining remains that were removed from a pond in Virginia. After that, Lily was going to ask Brennan if she could go with Theo to do something, but Brennan beat her to the punch.

“Um Booth and I have to go meet with a judge for the case, but Theo said that you two had something to do so we’ll talk to you later with the details.” Lily nodded in understanding just as Theo walked in. The tie was once again loose around his neck and his hair was in different directions, most likely from driving with the windows down.

He gave a quick wave to Brennan as she hustled past. Lily grabbed the backpack that she kept with her and followed Theo out. The sun was hot enough, but when mixed with the humidity it became unbearable. They rushed to Theo’s car, trying to spend as little time in the death trap as possible. Theo started the car and turned up the air conditioning.

“Holy cow it’s hot out there,” exclaimed Theo. He loosened the tie from around his neck and undid the top button to allow some air flow. “Want a milkshake?”

“I don’t have any cash on me, but if you want one go ahead and stop.”

“Nonsense. The drinks are on me.”

“Thanks…”

After stopping for milkshakes they headed to Theo’s house. His parents were still at work and his sister was at daycare, so they had the whole house to themselves. Theo got some snacks from the kitchen and then gestured for Lily to follow him upstairs.

“This is my room.” Theo opened the room to reveal a sparsely decorated room. It was a decent size, with a large desk next to the window. He had his own desktop computer there, as well as a TV in the other corner. There were pictures of him playing hockey and lacrosse hanging on the wall. He sat beside the computer and gestured for her to sit on the bed. She flopped on the black comforter and sat cross legged.

“So, what exactly are we attempting to here today?” she asked as she took a sip of her milkshake.

“Okay, well we need to get Booth and Brennan together tomorrow at the dance thing.”

“And why do we need to get them together?”

He shrugged. “I don’t know. It seems like people have been trying for ages and haven’t succeeded. Maybe we could be the ones to do it. I’m sure we’d be on the Jeffersonian wall of fame or something.”

Lily laughed. “Yeah, I’m sure.” She laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. “Well, how do you want to accomplish this? You’re going to sing?”

“Well Miss Scientific Method, yes.”

“What song?”

“No friggin’ clue,” he replied deadpan.

“There are hundreds of songs that can be done. Well is this in a serious tone or a joking tone? What kind of song can you even sing?”

“Hey what’s with all the questions?” he asked with a glare. “Wait a minute, you don’t think that we can pull this off.”

“Not really.” He stood, angry now, with his hands on his hips.

“Why not? Don’t you think this would be fun?”

She rolled onto her stomach so that she could face him as she spoke. “Hey, I’m a realist.”

He shook his head and turned to the computer to google something. “Well I thought I had a partner in this but I guess I don’t.” Lily rolled her eyes.

“Fine, if there is no need for me here then I’ll just go downstairs and watch some TV.”

“Fine.” Lily grabbed her backpack and walked down to where she knew the piano was. It was true, she didn’t think that their plan who work (how the hell would they even pick a song, let alone get on stage), but she supposed that she could try something downstairs.

Sitting on the bench she pulled her ipod out of her bag and switched to a soft genre and started listening to songs, thinking of the lyrics that could best describe the relationship of Booth and Brennan.

After shuffling through fifty songs she started getting bored and took out her phone to dial her uncle. He picked up after three rings.

“Liliy!” he said excitedly. “I was going to call you tonight. I got promoted to detective!”

“Really Uncle Sean? That’s great!” She was really happy for her uncle. He was a state police officer for five years and was always looking to become a detective. Though he passed the tests with flying colors, department cutbacks always prevented the allowance of his promotion. “How’s Aunt Denise taking it?”

“The hours are a little more, but with more money she can work less to take care of Sammy.”

“That’s great. When’s it start?”

“Next Monday actually. I’ve got the weekend off so Denise and I were going to spend it together.”

“You guys deserve it. I’d watch Sammy for the weekend if I was there.”

“Hey thanks for the offer. Anyway Sweetie, what can I help you with since you called me?”

“Oh yeah, I’m trying to do something and I need a really good love song that a friend of mine can sing to two people.”

“Well I’m not really good with all that stuff. Did you look at Michael Bolton and all of the standard guys? Barry White?”

Lily laughed at the thought of Theo singing Barry White. “Yeah, but nothing seems to work. I think that I might just be picky.”

“Yeah maybe. I’m sorry I’m no help. You could try calling your aunt when she gets home from work. I’m sure she could come up with something.”

“Okay, I’ll call later. Enjoy your last few days of freedom Mr. Detective Bigshot.”

“Love you too Lily.” She smiled as she returned her phone to her pocket. Upstairs Lily could hear something playing and it took a few notes before she realized that it was “This I Promise You,” by NSYNC. She ran through the words in her head and then bound up the stairs.

“Theo! That’s it! That’s the song!”

Realizing that the lyrics fit the couple grandly, they worked on formulating how they wanted it to sound. Theo convinced Lily to play the piano for the song and she spent some significant time going through the internet to get the sheet music for the song. She was downstairs by the piano playing through the song. Theo was practicing his falsetto, which to Lily’s surprise was actually halfway decent. They did the song a second and third time until they were absolutely sure of the plan.

Theo was dancing around the living room, happy that his plan worked. He called Angela to let her know what they were going to do tomorrow and she promised to help make sure that the band knew what was going on. Lily watched from the piano with a smile on her face as he paced the living room and laughed when he hung up, as he ran his hand through his hair so much that it was sticking up in all directions.

“What’s so funny?” he asked her as he sat next to her on the piano bench. She gave him the once over, noting that she felt herself shiver from the inside. She turned her attention to the piano in front of her, playing a random little tune.

“Nothing.” She could see that he was staring at her from her peripheral vision and concentrated even more on the piano keys in front of her. The tone went deeper and frenzied as her heart started to beat faster.

Theo leaned in, using his index finger to tilt her chin towards him. She stopped playing, her hands dropping to her lap as he leaned in and kissed her. For her first kiss it was calm, yet commanding. After a few moments he pulled back and she looked at him intently.

“What was that?” she asked him. He looked back at her stunned, afraid that he gauged her wrong.

“I… I just…” She shook her head and laughed at him.

“Stop, it’s okay.” Suddenly Theo’s phone started vibrating on the kitchen table and he sprung up to get it. “Hey… yeah… okay… we’ll be there.” He put the phone in his pocket and turned to Lily.

“Do we have a case?”

“What? No, they want to meet for dinner at some Chinese food restaurant.” They got their stuff together and packed it away. As they were walking out to Theo’s car, they passed his mother with his sister.

“Hey ma, I’m going out for dinner tonight,” he said as he gave her a quick hug.

“Again? Sweetie you haven’t been home for dinner for half the summer.”

“I’m sorry Mom.”

“How about you guys come here for dinner one night? I’ll cook for everyone.”

“Sounds good ma. We’ll pick a date in the future.”

“Alright dear. Be careful.” She gave her son a kiss and ran her hand through his hair.

“Ma, quit messing with the doo.” His mother smiled and allowed him to pass, but not before giving Lily a wink.

During the ride to the restaurant, Lily had a dumb grin on her face. She couldn’t believe what happened. She wasn’t sure if she wanted it, but the kiss confirmed what she had thought, she liked him. She threw furtive glances in his direction and she was pretty sure that he was doing the same thing.

The restaurant was called Sid’s and they walked in to find that Booth and Brennan were already there. Booth had his arm around Brennan’s shoulders as they laughed together. They separated upon seeing the Lily and Theo, who took the seats opposite. They sat close together, much closer than they had at any other time. Booth smiled at them and then leaned in to whisper something to Brennan, who had a grin on her face.

“Hey you two, what have you been up to?” asked Booth, not hiding the intent in his voice.

“We could ask you the same thing,” replied Theo.

“Touché,” said Brennan.

Just then Sid appeared at the table with food for everyone. “Hello, my name is Sid.” They made quick introductions before Sid returned to behind his place behind the bar.

“So, what did you guys learn today?” asked Lily as she dug into the food. “Hmm how did he know that I like sesame chicken?”

“Sid’s that good. Anyway we’re getting stonewalled on the case right now. Tomorrow morning we’re going to work on going over the files and looking at the remains to see if we are missing something.”

“Sounds like fun,” said Theo with a mouth full of wonton soup.

“Yeah. And then we have to the ball tomorrow,” added Brennan.

“Oh yeah that,” said Booth with a bit of resentment in his voice.

“You don’t want to go?” asked Lily.

“No, it’s just that those events tend to be really boring with people speaking, bad food, and a few hours of sitting around doing nothing.”

“What? They aren’t that bad Booth.”

“Really Bones, come on think about it.”

“Hey you two,” interrupted Sid. “No fighting in the restaurant.” He set down a tray of fortune cookies in front of them. “Enjoy guys.”

“Thanks a lot man. Have a good night,” said Booth. Once Sid walked away, Booth reached forward and took a fortune cookie. He cracked it open and discarded the cookie, wanting only the fortune. “You will exceed expectations.” Booth smiled and put the fortune down. Theo started to giggle and everyone turned their attention to him.

“What’s so funny?” asked Lily.

“What? You’ve never heard of the thing where you add ‘in bed’ to the end of a fortune. His worked perfectly.” Booth and Lily laughed as they realized what he meant.

“I don’t get it,” stated Brennan.

“You will exceed expectations, in bed Bones. Get it?”

“Oh. Well I still don’t understand how you can put the two together. Fortune cookies can’t predict the future.”

“Bones, it’s just a joke.”

Lily shook her head as she regarded the scene around her. She grabbed a fortune cookie for herself and opened it. ‘The best is yet to come.’ As she looked the fortune over and Booth and Brennan argued at the other side of the table, Theo grabbed Lily’s hand and held it. Oh yes, the best is yet to come.

Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Kas...what can I say that I haven't already?? You know I love it, that it's my favorite, that I can't get enough of it...*sigh* Then you go and give me fluff...my night is complete. Now I can go to bed happy...I mean...well, you know what I mean!

Perfect chapter, not boring, and so sweet with a bit of fluff...*sigh* And I cannot WAIT for the next chapter! I mean, I can, and I will, and I won't bother you about it, I swear. But I will be looking forward to it, that's for damn sure! You rock, ghosty girl!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by newhaven5 Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:00 am

I love this story, but you already knew that. Great job!
newhaven5
newhaven5
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Wow, I love it! Keep writing Very Happy
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next