Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper

+12
VentiGirl
fairytales_end
Fairy101
Kajunblueyes
Zeddie
newhaven5
Cassiopeia
kiki
Nane
flyersfan35
Kasper
willgirl
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper - Page 3 Empty Re: Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper

Post by Fairy101 Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:22 pm

Aww they are just so cute like a mini bren and booth! Really enjoyed this chapter and am promising 2 be patient until the next one no
Begging i swear!

Fairy101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 310
Say What You Want : A balanced person knows dere insane!
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:22 am

*sigh*
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:43 pm

PPS
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:58 pm

Apologies for how long this took; I know it’s been a while. I’ve been super distracted with the real life (why the heck do they even exist). Regardless, I try my best to get you the best quality work as fast as possible.

This was supposed to be my favorite scene in writing this whole story, but it turned out to be a real pain in the arse. I’ve written it so many different ways, none of which seemed to be good enough. I just left it as best I could, so if it stinks, I’m sorry but I’ll try to pick up the slack as we approach the end.

Now I know that there is supposed to be a musical number in here, but I didn’t use the song lyrics because, well I don’t know why, I just felt that it didn’t look right. But remember, the song is “This I Promise You,” by N*SYNC.

With that, I leave this author’s note with a thank you, thanks for the reviews and putting up with my lack of consistent updating. If only there was no college… boy that would rock. Thanks again y’all!!

Chapter 10

To say that Lily was nervous was an understatement. Angela had arrived a few hours earlier and was currently working on Brennan’s hair. Angela looked good in the dress with her hair up nicely as did Brennan. But she was worried.

Lily Walsh was not the kind of person that frequently got dressed up. She wasn’t aware of the latest trends in fashion and she really didn’t care. Science was more important to her and once she was a doctor scrubs would be her primary day wear. But as she waited for Angela to finish Brennan’s makeup, she couldn’t help but to look at herself in the mirror. Her normally curly hair was now straightened and left long, abandoning the ponytail that she was accustomed too.

“Okay, we’re ready,” called Angela from the bathroom. She and Brennan emerged and Lily looked at their transformations. It was amazing what Angela could do.

“When’s Jack getting here with the limo?” asked Brennan as she put things in her little handbag.

“As soon as he gets here, which should be soon.” Just as Angela finished the sentence, there was a knock at the door.

“Come in,” shouted Brennan as she finished cleaning up a few things in her apartment. The door opened and Booth and Theo walked in. Angela smirked as Lily and Brennan stopped in their tracks. Booth was wearing a black suit and a white shirt with a red tie that matched Brennan’s red dress. Theo wore a black suit with a deep red shirt and black tie. His hair was brushed neatly to the side and she could smell new cologne on him. Hodgins simply strode in and planted a kiss on Angela’s lips.

Brennan cleared her throat and the two parted, slightly embarrassed. However they were not so embarrassed and just stood there beaming.

“Yes, are you two good now? Can we leave?” questioned Booth.

Angela smiled. “Of course, lead the way.”

Lily watched out the window as the limo headed towards the location of the event. Outside, the life of DC never seemed to end as the bright lights of various establishments beckoned to potential customers on the streets. The limo made a right and pulled under an overhang. A man standing at the revolving door of the building moved forward to open the limo door.

“Good evening ladies and gentleman,” he greeted with a smile. They exited the vehicle and walked into the building. The lobby was filled with well dressed people awaiting the opening of the doors. The masses walked around, glasses filled with varying types of alcohol. Lily and Theo stayed to the outside and watched as Booth and Brennan walked around. More like Brennan meeting with fellow scientists and Booth staying on her arm as a protector.

“Want to get some drinks?” asked Theo. Lily nodded and he gestured for her to go in front of him. She walked in front as Theo followed, her hand dangling behind her. He grabbed it and she couldn’t help but to smile as his he tightened the grip. They got Shirley Temples from the bar and somehow were able to find Angela and Hodgins in the crowd.

“How long are we going to be standing around here?” asked Theo as he took a sip from his drink.

“I don’t know,” replied Hodgins. “Probably another 20 minutes or so.”

“Lovely.”

It was another half hour before they were seated at their table together in the hall. Lily looked around amazed at the decorations around the hall. The ceiling was high and made of glass; she was able to see the swirling colors of the setting sun above her. A large chandelier hung over the wooden dance floor, with the circular dinner tables surrounding the outer area of the room.

The chattering continued until there was the sound of someone tapping on the microphone on the front of the room. An older man with white hair stood at the front, putting on a pair of small glasses.

“Ladies and gentlemen, as most of you know I’m Leonard Stone, the head of the Jeffersonian. Tonight we are here to honor the employees of the Jeffersonian Institute that bring in the donors and the scientific information that give us the name that we are. Last week the Jeffersonian turned twenty-five years old. In that twenty-five years, many scientific greats, including a few Nobel laureates, have worked in these labs. Now after twenty-five years we are a fine institution that has many departments that aid in work all over the globe. Today we are here to honor those that bring the recognition to the Jeffersonian.” The room erupted in applause and soon the head s of the departments was each taking turns honoring one member of their department. Finally Cam walked to the front of the stage.

“Ladies and gentleman, the pathology department is one of the youngest here in the Jeffersonian. Yet today we are one of the largest. Sorry paleontology.” At the joke, there was laughter that rippled throughout the crowd. “But still we have many to thank for bringing the recognition to the department. Tonight, the Pathology division of the Jeffersonian would like to thank Dr. Temperance Brennan for her achievements.” Applause rippled throughout the crowd as Brennan walked to the stage. She adjusted the microphone so that it was closer to her.

“I would like to thank Dr. Saroyan for choosing me, but I’m afraid that I can’t take it. What we do in the forensics department is not possible without the help of my colleagues, Dr. Jack Hodgins, Angela Montenegro, formerly Dr. Zack Addy, and our FBI liaison, Special Agent Seeley Booth. Together we function as a family unit that helps to bring down the nastiest, most troublesome menaces to society.”

The hall erupted in applause as Brennan took her seat. Lily smiled to see Booth stand up and give her a hug when she returned to the table, even whisper something in her ear that caused her to giggle.

“With that ladies and gentleman,” said Stone. “May the festivities begin!” At his words, the doors opened and dinner was served.

They ate and told jokes, discussing everything possible but catching criminals. No, that was a topic reserved for another day. As they ate, the band played background music, light enough to know that it was there, but enough so that it wasn’t silent. Lily ate her food which was delicious, and took in the sights, loving the atmosphere.

When the dinner plates were cleared, everyone sat back to relax off everything that they had just consumed. The band had started playing some music and many people stood and headed to the dance floor. Lily looked up and made eye contact with Theo, who nodded.
Theo stood and stretched his hand towards Lily. “May I have this dance?”

Lily accepted his hand and stood. “Of course.” Using that as their cover, they hurried away and out of sight on the stage. They walked up and stood behind the curtain. Lily eyed the piano and then turned to Theo to see that he was rubbing a hand over the back of his neck. She looked at him curious and then smiled when she realized that he was nervous.

“Nervous Theo?” she asked with a smirk.

“I…no… well yes. Haven’t you ever been nervous before? I mean look at all the people out there.”

She stepped close to him and smiled. “I’ve been in front of a few people before, gave a presentation in front of the entire school once. Singing should be nothing for you.”

“Thanks for the kind words, but I’ve never really sang in front of people before. Just like karaoke with my friends a few times in my basement.” Lily thought for a few moments on how she could boost his confidence. She peeked around the corner and looked to the sea of people.

“Theo, judging by the people out there, many of them probably don’t even know what the song is supposed to sound like. So just go out there, have fun, and make it your own.” She finished the pep talk with an added peck on the lips. He seemed to cheer up after that, just as the band finished playing their song.

Angela appeared around the corner with a huge smile plastered on her face. “Okay you two, are you ready?”

“Hell yeah,” replied the now enthusiastic Theo. “Are Booth and Brennan going to dance?”

“Well I’ll do the introductions and then get down there with Hodgie. If I have to, I’ll goad them though with the way they’ve been acting I don’t think they’ll need much catalyst.”

As the band finished, the singer looked over to Angela who waved. “Are you guys ready?” she asked. They gave a nod as their answer and she walked on stage. “Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Angela Montenegro of the Forensics Division. I helped with a lot of this gala and I even got a special musical guest that would like to show their appreciation for what goes on here.” Angela gestured for them to get on stage. “Here we have Theo Girard and Lily Walsh, two interns that are working here for the summer; well Theo is working with the FBI, but he’s with Booth. Anyone, here they are.”

Angela clapped with the crowd as she stepped off the stage. Lily gave Theo one last look and a nod as she took the newly vacated piano spot. The older man with silver hair that had been playing before gave her a wink as he disappeared.

“Hi, tonight we just wanted to give you a little show to thank you for giving us the opportunity to grow in an area that can help us in the future. I’d like to see as many people up there and dancing as possible. This one’s for all of you.”

As Lily played, she couldn’t stop grinning as she watched the scene in front of her. Just like the perfect gentleman, Booth had stood and offered his hand to Brennan, which she accepted. They were close, from what Lily could see when the people would part.

As Theo finished the song she shivered as she watched him. For someone that said that they couldn’t sing, he was pretty good, and it made him look ten times better. They finished strong and received a standing ovation. They bowed at the front before running off just as the music was starting again.

“Follow me,” said Theo as he grabbed her hand and led her through the sea of people. He stopped when they ran into Booth and Brennan who were still dancing together. Booth had a huge smile on his face as he patted his shoulder.

“Had no clue you could sing man! Great job!” Theo smiled and nodded, obviously something else was on his mind. They finally got outside into the warm night air. The back area had a fountain and many benches set around a garden. Lily figured that during the day when the weather permitted, they hosted outdoor events as well. They sat at bench near the fountain.

The air was cool without the summer sun warming it up, and the humidity of the past few days seemed to vanish. Lily looked up and was able to make out a few of the brighter stars through the light pollution. A light breeze rolled through the courtyard and she couldn’t prevent the shiver that traveled through her body. Theo noticed and shrugged off his jacket so that he could drape it over her shoulders.

“Theo, you don’t have to go through all the clichés tonight you know.”

“Hey, I’m that kind of guy.”

“Really, I never expected that from you. Then again, who knew that you could sing?”

Theo blushed slightly. “It’s just one of the many things that I am good at. I’ve got skills, accept it.” They shared a laugh. Lily sighed, sad that the night would soon be over. Theo raised his hand and ran it through Lily’s hair. She turned her head so that when he stopped moving his hand cupped her cheek. “I’m really glad that we’re together,” he whispered.

“Me too,” she replied before leaning into the kiss. They continued until they were interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat. Lily pulled back and opened her eyes to see Booth standing before them. She was embarrassed that they got caught by someone who was basically like her father and inched as far away as she possible could from Theo.

“Er, sorry guys, but we were going to leave now. It seems Angela hurt her foot dancing the Cotton-Eyed Joe in heels.” He spoke the words quickly and seemed visibly uncomfortable about the situation. Lily nodded and stood to follow back towards the reception hall. She took the lead, missing the glare that Theo sent Booth. Booth jogged to get ahead of them, allowing Theo to slip his hand into Lily’s. Yeah, she thought to herself. This night should never end.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:09 pm

Hehe...I'm just feeling all happy at the wonderful fluffiness of this chapter... Oh, it was perfect, kas...the dancing, the song...the kiss...*sigh* I don't even know what else to say...except that it was totally worth the wait.

Thanks so much for making my night...hell, you've made my week!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by newhaven5 Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:34 pm

HOORAY!!! OMG I was soo happy so see that you posted!!!!!!!!!! This chapter was amazing. AMAZING. =D
newhaven5
newhaven5
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 99
Say What You Want : I would like for Bones and Booth to get over themselves and get together. Obviously!
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:07 am

that was a great chapter!! i loved it!!! totally worth the wait!!!
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper - Page 3 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Just in case...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:30 pm

*sigh*
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:46 am

Kasssssssssssssssss! Please? This is utterly great!
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:18 am

Kasper, I'm one that reads lots of one-shots, but I rarely read chapter stories because I'm so slow, but I finally downloaded this and I'm almost halfway through. I love it!! I'm liking a lot that it's more about Lily (and Theo) right now anyway, than it is about Booth & Brennan. I'll be back again when I'm finished!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:21 am

DBCrazy wrote:Kasper, I'm one that reads lots of one-shots, but I rarely read chapter stories because I'm so slow, but I finally downloaded this and I'm almost halfway through. I love it!! I'm liking a lot that it's more about Lily (and Theo) right now anyway, than it is about Booth & Brennan. I'll be back again when I'm finished!
I know, isn't it great??? It's my favorite story ever...and the one I'm most anxious for her to update! But I wait...and wait...and wait...because it is totally worth it. *sigh*
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:29 am

Okay Kasper - add me to the bandwagon of folks that will be pestering you for updates. I have really enjoyed this story. Lily and Theo are so sweet together. I'm sure I'm supposed to feel it, and I do, that they're a young B&B, and it's so sweet.

Dang Booth for interrupting their time together at the party! I'm glad he felt bad about it!

I'm not gonna recap the story, but just know "I'd like some more, please ... "
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:24 pm

Well, I’d like to pretend that there is an actual reason as to why I seem to be dragging this story out, but I’m not going to BS you. It’s been giving me trouble lately trying to get the info through so at this point I’ve just done the best I can. I’m not great at case fics though, so I’m not sure if they would have a tight case or not, so I ask that you bear with me on this one.

I hope you enjoy and this story will probably have 2 chapters left…

Chapter 11
Lily felt guilty for not getting up until nearly noon the next morning. Her body seemed to enjoy sleeping in and she did feel quite refreshed as she headed to the kitchen. She expected Brennan to be up working on the case file or something of that nature, but was surprised to see that her bedroom door was still shut. Lily shrugged; she did see that Brennan had downed a few glasses of red wine and she probably wasn’t feeling as refreshed as Lily was.
Lily ate quickly ate an apple before showering. As she dressed her phone on the edge of the sink rang. The caller id told her that it was Booth. “Hello,” she answered.
“Hey Bones isn’t answering her phone. Do you know where she is?” In the background she could hear the sounds of cartoons.
“No, I don’t think she is awake yet.”
“Ah, I see.” He took a sip of something. “Well I wanted to relax today, but I thought we should look at the case file one more time to just try to find something. Have Bones call me when she gets up.”
“Wilco.” Lily hung up the phone and finished getting dressed.

It took another two hours for Brennan to awake. Lily had already showered and ate and was currently sitting in the kitchen doing the crossword puzzle from the newspaper. Brennan rubbed her eyes when she got into the kitchen.
“What time is it?” she asked with a yawn.
“Nearly one.”
“What?!” Brennan checked the clock for herself. “This is the latest I’ve ever slept. Did Booth call?”
“Yeah. He wants to meet up later to go over the case file and the evidence one more time. He said to call him.”
“Okay, okay. I’m just going to run and shower.” Brennan dashed back to her bedroom and took a swift fifteen minutes to get ready. Her hair was still wet and pulled into a bun when she returned to the kitchen. She wore a yellow blouse with three-quarter sleeves and a plain pair of black slacks. Lily was amazed at how beautiful she really looked.
“Dr. Brennan you really are beautiful.” Brennan stopped what she was doing and looked at Lily.
“Thank you.” Lily was confused by the look on Brennan’s face; it seemed as though she hadn’t heard that before or not often. But it was true that Brennan was certainly a beautiful woman. She grabbed her keys and gestured for Lily to follow. “Come on, we’ll meet the boys at the diner for some lunch.”

Brennan had phoned Booth on the way to the diner, telling him that she was up half the morning and that Lily had neglected to tell him that Booth had called previously. Lily tried to set the record straight, but a smiling Brennan shoved Lily away. Booth was closer to the diner and therefore they were their first and had ordered; cheeseburgers were apparently on their minds because there were already four sitting on the table in front of them. Booth also had a shoulder bag on the floor next to him presumably where he was keeping the files. Booth and Theo stood when they saw Brennan and Lily enter.
“We took the liberty of ordering already,” said Booth as they all sat. “Hope you’re in the mood for grease and fat!”
They spent the first few minutes silently preparing the burgers to taste with the addition of ketchup and mustard. Booth took a huge bite and then reached in the bag to take out the files. “Now, I think that we need to go over everything. We’re at a standstill at this point and going nowhere.”
Brennan nodded in agreement. She took the files from the autopsy while Booth was looking at the files from the brothers. Lily and Theo worked on eating their burgers, not paying much attention to the adults.
“Hey, what are you two doing?” scolded Booth. “You’re a part of this investigation.” He handed a few folders over to them. “An extra set of eyes is an extra set of eyes. Look for anything that seems out of the ordinary.” The teenagers shrugged and looked through various records of property and other seemingly useless information. Plates were cleaned and coffee was brought, and yet they sat there trying to find something that could help them proceed with the case.
Clouds started to gather, signaling the arrival of an impending afternoon storm. They had moved around files many times now, each person looking for something that the other may have missed.
The silence at the table was broken when Booth hit the table with his fist and reached for other papers. Everyone stopped what they were doing and waited for Booth to find what he was looking for so that he could explain. Finally he settled on grabbing Darrell’s rap sheet and started to give a sly grin.
“Okay, there is no record of the youngest brother for a period of six years. There have been a few domestic disturbances in the early 90s when the brothers were abused by their father, but there was never any record of the youngest brother.”
“So what are you thinking?” asked Brennan.
“Their mother remarried in 1998 after Mr. Hunter was killed in a hunting accident and she ended up adopting the son of her new husband, Richard Porter. Kevin Porter was born in 1990, and attended the University of Miami in 2006 for a year before leaving. He didn’t adopt the brothers’ surname until after their father was killed in a bar fight two years ago.”
“So?” asked Theo perplexed.
“So, now we know that we have to look back at Kevin Porter.” Booth paid for the whole meal and together they packed up their stuff before heading to the Hoover Building. Booth immediately looked up Kevin Porter and returned an interesting file. Not only did Kevin Porter excel in high school, his major at college was chemistry. He dropped out due to insufficient funds and instead tried to join the Army, but failed the psychological tests where he was labeled a possible psychopath.
“Why didn’t his information come up before under Kevin Hunter?” asked Brennan. “This case would have been solved last week.”
“Don’t know Bones, seemed he beat the system. Probably bought a new identity to distance himself. The kid seems to be a genius of sorts. If you were entering the drug business or some other illegal business, wouldn’t you want to change yourself?”
“But I would have no reason to be in an illegal business,” replied Brennan. “I have enough money.”
“Never mind Bones, it was a hypothetical situation.”
“Okay you two, what’s next?” asked Theo. “I mean can we go and arrest him?”
“Not just yet,” replied Booth. “We don’t have any evidence on him just yet.”
“What kind of evidence do you need then?”
“Well, we’ll ask to get a warrant to search Kevin’s financial records under his former name. We can see if there is any equipment purchases under that name.”
“And I think we should find out what he worked on at Miami. Maybe that’s where he picked up his work,” added Brennan.
They spent the rest of the day working on gathering the information. Booth persuaded Caroline to get a lenient judge to authorize the seizure of Kevin Hunter’s financial records. They had come in shortly before 8 that night. They looked through the statements together. Regular purchases were made once a month at a local pharmacy. A few quick phone calls let them know Kevin purchased Sudafed once a month, usually complaining about his allergies but he didn’t have enough money for health insurance to get prescription pills.
Meanwhile Brennan made phone calls down to Miami, speaking with Kevin’s former professors. He excelled in organic chemistry and was set to work on a pharmaceutical project through the school. Sweets had done a profile on Kevin and remarked that Kevin was the type of person to take charge, regardless of his position.
By the time Booth and Brennan went through all the information they gathered, it was fast approaching midnight. Lily had crashed on the couch in the lounge and Theo was slumped forward on a table also asleep. Booth had long shed his jacket and tie, and sat with his feet propped on a table as he sipped what the FBI called coffee. Brennan sat at that table with her head resting on her arm as she looked over the evidence they gathered. In the morning they would submit it in hopes of obtaining the arrest warrant.
“I’m so tired,” whispered Brennan when she finally put down her pen.
“Yeah no kidding. Even though you did sleep til noon…” Brennan glared at him in response. “Fine, fine.” Booth turned to Brennan and found her rubbing her neck. “You okay?”
“Yeah, it’s just aching from looking at the papers all day. I just have to stretch it out a bit.”
Booth however stood and walked behind her. “Never fear, let these magic fingers do their magic.” Brennan started to object, but as Booth’s fingers started moving, she instantly shut up.
“Wow Booth, that feels good.”
“I know.” Booth worked at the muscles at her neck and moved slightly down her back to continue. A yawn from across the room forced Booth back as if Brennan had given him an electrical shock. Both adults became aware of the two young’ins in the room.
Theo stretched a bit before speaking. “What time is it?”
“Almost midnight,” replied Booth as he started cleaning things up.
“Oh shit. I just gotta go call my mom.” He stepped into the desolate hallway.
“Booth, I think you should wake Lily.” Booth nodded and went over to Lily. He sat on the sliver of the couch that was empty and gently shook Lily awake.
“Lily, we’ve got to get going, it’s late.” Lily opened her eyes and smiled.
“Thanks Agent Booth.” As Lily gathered the things beside her on the floor, she smiled an even bigger smile. What Booth and Brennan hadn’t known was that she was awake the whole time and watched the scene. Boy was Angela going to have fun tomorrow…
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:20 pm

It really doesn't pay for me to go to bed early...*sigh* Not only did I not sleep well, I missed your update!

I, for one, love your progression of the case. Ironic that he excelled in organic chemistry...lol. But the discovery that the son was adopted was a nice twist.

And I wrote this on ff, but I'll say again...I loved Brennan lying to Booth about Lily not giving her the message! And sneaky Lily...I loved it!

Anyway, it's early and I'm tired and rambling, but I did love the chapter, of course, and am anxiously awaiting the next one. Though not happy to see my favorite story come to an end...but I'm sure you'll come up with something else to keep me entertained...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Wow.
Love it!
Hehe, sneaky Brennan lying to Booth.
Eeeh! Can't wait for Ange's reaction!
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:47 pm

The sneaking, spying girls are caught, but what about the boys? Surely Booth must have been thinking something Laughing Rolling Eyes for him to jump so big at a yawn! And what about Theo, are we sure that he was sleeping, or did he maybe just wake up before the adults let things go a little too far!

Thanks, Kasper! Ready for some more!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:11 am

Chapter 12

“What the hell is with all this rain?” groaned Booth as he turned the windshield wipers up to their highest setting.

“Haven’t you been paying attention to the news?” questioned a disbelieving Lily. “The remnants of that hurricane that battered the Virgin Islands are making their way up the coast. It’s going to be windy and stormy for the next two days.”

“Oh.” Outside the weather was certainly dreary as the steady rainfall was blown in various directions by the howling wind that topped out at over twenty-five miles an hour. Traffic was slow as visibility was greatly reduced.

They arrived at the Jeffersonian twenty minutes later than they expected at twenty past eight. Booth and Brennan had simply dropped off Theo and Lily so that they could meet up in a closer location following Booth and Brennan’s meeting with Caroline.

Lily and Theo headed to the platform once Booth and Brennan left, not expecting many to be there so early. However they were surprised when Angela walked out of her office once the duo sat down.

“Hey guys, where are the adults?” she asked after swiping her card to get on the platform.

“Getting the warrant for the for the younger brother’s stuff.” Theo made a face. “What, why couldn’t we go?”

Lily simply shrugged. “Actually Angela, I’ve got a question for you.” Angela took a seat at Hodgins stool.

“Go ahead, shoot.”

“Are Agent Booth and Doctor Brennan together yet?” she asked curiously.

“Not to my knowledge, and believe me, I would know. Why?”

“Well last night after we worked on the documents, I sorta fell asleep, but not. I was laying on the couch with my eyes partially open and I’m pretty sure that I saw Booth rubbing Brennan’s shoulders.” Angela’s jaw dropped. “And if this moron,” she gestured at Theo, “didn’t wake up I think that something may have happened.”

“Wow,” replied Angela, taking in the story. “I mean that’s a major step in their relationship. Usually it’s the occasional hug or touch or glance, but a mini-massage? That’s big. I’ll have a talk with her about that later.”

Before they could speculate any longer, there was a sharp whistle that punctuated the lab. Everyone turned and looked at Booth and Brennan standing at the entrance. Both were wearing the windbreaker navy FBI jackets, except it look huge on Brennan. Booth’s hair was soaked and the gel from the morning was already messed up.

“See you later Angela,” they said as they dashed to Booth and Brennan.

“That was quick,” commented Theo as they headed outside. Never had he been more thankful for parking garages.

“Well let’s say that the judge we got was not the brightest judge on the bench. We hardly had to convince him,” explained Booth.

The rain was still falling in sheets as they drove to the youngest brother’s apartment on the outskirts of the city. The sky was dark and dreary and greatly reminiscent of a foreboding scene in a science fiction thriller. They arrived at the same time as the crime scene technicians. Together they left the car and bolted for the lobby of the building to avoid getting doused again. Warrant in hand, Booth led the way to the fifth floor apartment.

“FBI, open up!” he shouted as he banged on the door. However, there was no answer. He turned around to face Brennan, Lily, and Theo. “Stay here until the place is cleared.” He took out his gun and gestured for the other agents to cover him as they entered. Booth kicked the door in a four other agents followed.

A minute later there were shouts that the apartment was clear and everyone waiting outside grabbed their equipment and entered. Lily noted that for a meth dealer/ college dropout the apartment was relatively clean. Sitting on the lone couch in the living room were two duffel bags. Booth held a piece of paper in his hand.

“Confirmation for a flight to Mexico. One way,” he said.

“If his stuff is here now, where is he?” asked Theo.

“Good question. Where is he employed?” asked Booth.

Brennan racked her mind for a few seconds. “He was unemployed. What about the other brother, Darrell?”

“He lives back in the city, a decent apartment for a used car salesman,” said Booth. “Kevin’s probably going to warn his brother.” He spoke to two agents quickly and was then gesturing for them to leave. “Let’s go.”

“Are we going to Darrell’s apartment?” asked Theo.

“No, I think he’s at work. We’re going to the car dealership.”

Booth’s siren screamed as they made their way to the used car lot. It sat outside the city in an open area. Other agents were breaking off to check Darrell’s apartment, but Booth was sure that he was probably at work. They would wait to make the move until backup could arrive, but the city was spread very thin due to the storms.

Booth turned off the siren as they got closer to the dealership. Lightning cut across the sky as they pulled into the dealership. It seemed quiet, too quiet almost as there was no one in sight. Booth parked the car and made to get out.

“Everyone stay behind,” commanded Booth.

“Booth, shouldn’t you wait for backup. You don’t know what this guy is capable of. You shouldn’t go alone.” Booth thought for a second.

“Okay Bones, you stay way behind me, just watching the area. Kids, you stay here by this truck and you do not move. I don’t care what happens, just don’t move.” Booth removed another gun from the glove compartment and handed it to Brennan. “Don’t use it unless I say you can.” They threw on their jackets and cautiously moved forward toward the office.

Lily and Theo moved up trying to get a better view of the scene, but Booth parked the car off to the side.

“Damn it, I can’t see anything,” cursed Theo. “I’m going out there to see.”

“You’re crazy! Agent Booth said to stay behind.”

“Yeah, but what if something happened to them and we didn’t see it. How would we know to call in backup or something.” Lily mulled the thought over and caved.

“Okay, but we can’t move far away from the car.”

“Duh, I just want to slide over a bit to get a better view. That’s all. I don’t want to piss him off anyway. He’d probably kill me.” They reached behind to get the waterproof jackets that Booth had given them earlier.

The rain was coming down so hard that the visibility was hovering near half a mile. Thunder boomed all around and it seemed like that remnants of the eye wall were currently overhead. Winds howled and Lily was half nervous, half amazed at the weather. They moved over from where Booth had parked to another car, a large SUV that was perfect to hide behind because they had a clear view of the office. Brennan was ducked behind a Corvette that sat near the entrance, but Booth was nowhere in sight.

Suddenly he appeared, running hard as he hurled himself over another car. He seemed to be signing something to Brennan. It looked like their cover wasn’t blown. Then there was a shot that rang out. Lily jumped slightly at the shock of it.

“That’s right, you’re not going to listen to me. Fine, get yourself killed. But don’t you dare take a shot at me!” shouted a figure in the distance. It came from the area that Booth had come running from just moments before. Two more shots were audible, but not from the man in the distance. The man that they could see raised his weapon as to fire back, but Booth stood, gun trained on him.

“Kevin Hunter, drop your weapon!” shouted Booth. Booth was now walking slowly towards Hunter, his gun high and trained on his head. “I said drop your weapon!” A shot came from the side, causing Booth to fall to the ground in some twisted manner. Brennan went to rise to help him, but stopped herself, realizing that she would instantly be shot as well. The man that Booth identified as Kevin walked forward with his gun trained on Booth. The man that was off to the side shooting at Kevin now rounded the corner, his gun also pointed at Booth. Kevin got to Booth and aimed at his head to put in the final shot. Brennan readied herself to pop up, but she never saw the other guy. She would be dead if she turned to shoot Kevin. Lily did the stupidest yet most selfless thing in her life as she stood up.

“Hey! Asshole!” she shouted and waved to get the man’s attention. He looked up from Booth and raised his gun to Lily and squeezed off a few rounds. She ducked, but not quick enough as she felt a searing pain in her upper arm. More reports filled the air, but Lily couldn’t tell who they were from as she was on the ground, a weird feeling coming from her arm.

“Holy shit!” screamed Theo as he saw what happened. Immediately he was pressing his hands to her arm to staunch the blood flow, but it wouldn’t stop. Lily started to feel lightheaded and was soon fighting the sleep that washed over her.

“The bullet probably nicked the brachial artery,” she managed to say. “U…use a tourniquet.” The sleepy feeling was becoming profound and her eyes threatened to close. In the distance the wails of sirens of the backup were audible as was the voice of Booth and Brennan as they ran up.

“Jesus Christ,” Booth shouted as he saw the scene. His formerly white shirt was stained red as he held his right side.

“I… I don’t know what to do,” cried Theo as Brennan knelt beside Lily. She too pressed her hands to the wound as Theo tightened the tourniquet on her arm. Booth was gesturing to the paramedics to rush over. The pain in Lily’s arm disappeared, but the sleep was there, covering her.

“Stay awake Lily!’ begged Brennan now as her hands were being lifted by the paramedics trying to get to her. “Stay awake!” Lily was trying, she was trying to tell Brennan that but the words were simply lost on her lips. The last thing Lily saw was Theo’s horrorstruck face as he looked down at his red hands and Booth holding Brennan as she was lifted away by the paramedics.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:31 am

Oh my. Lily is a brave one. I don't know if she had any idea what she was really doing or if she just has incredible reflexes. But thank goodness, for Booth's sake! I hope you've got more ready to go, Kasper.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:26 am

DBCrazy wrote:Oh my. Lily is a brave one. I don't know if she had any idea what she was really doing or if she just has incredible reflexes. But thank goodness, for Booth's sake! I hope you've got more ready to go, Kasper.
Lily reminds me of a certain ghost I know...that is exactly the kind of thing I would expect her to do...*shakes head*

Anyway, I feel like crap, though seeing this post cheered me up...right up until the freakin' cliffhanger...wtf?? Seriously though, wonderful chapter, kas...just please don't make me wait another 3 months for the fate of the brave Lily and the rest of the gang...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:32 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:Oh my. Lily is a brave one. I don't know if she had any idea what she was really doing or if she just has incredible reflexes. But thank goodness, for Booth's sake! I hope you've got more ready to go, Kasper.
Lily reminds me of a certain ghost I know...that is exactly the kind of thing I would expect her to do...*shakes head*

Anyway, I feel like crap, though seeing this post cheered me up...right up until the freakin' cliffhanger...wtf?? Seriously though, wonderful chapter, kas...just please don't make me wait another 3 months for the fate of the brave Lily and the rest of the gang...
Fly, it's only been 2-1/2 weeks since her last update. You're thinking of the one before that, way back in March. But now she's ready to rock 'n roll, right, Kas. Fly needs a pick-me-up!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:53 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:

Fly, it's only been 2-1/2 weeks since her last update. You're thinking of the one before that, way back in March. But now she's ready to rock 'n roll, right, Kas. Fly needs a pick-me-up!
2-1/2 weeks, 3 months...it's still waiting...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:52 am

Chapter 13
Machines beeped steadily in with the hum of the medical equipment that the frail body of Lily Walsh was connected to. In the room stood Booth, Brennan and Theo, all barely dry from the tropical rains that continued to spill onto the city. Lily had returned from surgery only minutes ago after losing about half of her blood. Had they been even a minute further from the hospital, they would be staring at her on a cold metal slab. They still weren’t sure of her prognosis as she was hypoxic for moments when her heart stopped beating on the way to the hospital.
Tears ran down Brennan’s cheeks as she stared on, while Booth had a supportive arm over Brennan. His face was glared over; he was still shocked at what she had done to save him. Had he been more careful, she never would have needed to be in this position. Theo collapsed into a chair, and sat there stone solid, not moving.
A nurse came in moments later to shoo them out of the ICU. Booth tugged on Brennan’s arm. “Come on Bones,” he whispered. “We need to call her family.” Brennan nodded and allowed herself to be lead away. Theo, however, was adamant about staying in the room. The nurse looked from Lily and Theo and gave a sad smile.
“Don’t let anyone find out that you are here, or there will be riots.” Theo gave a weak smile and the nurse left. When the door shut, he dragged his chair over to her bedside, grabbed her hand, and started to cry.

Lily was in pain; her arm throbbed with every heartbeat. She opened her eyes weakly, but even the weak light in the darkened room hurt her eyes. It took a few cycles of opening and closing her eyes before she was able to open them fully. Outside the sun shone brightly, her first indication that she had been out for an extended period of time.
She looked to her right to find her uncle sitting there, his head in his heads leaning forward. She tried to speak, but couldn’t with the tubes in her mouth. She instead reached out for him. Her movement was weak and he only looked up when her arm fell feebly to the side.
He stood quickly and started to smile. “Oh my… Lily, thank God.” He jogged to the door and made a gesture. Her aunt came running in followed by Theo holding her cousin Sam. They were followed shortly by a doctor. The doctor removed the tubes and then checked her eye movements.
“Well Lily,” he said with a smile. “It looks like you defied odds.” Uncle Sean gave her a few pieces of crushed ice that she gratefully swallowed.
“How long was I out for?” she was finally able to ask.
“Five days,” he answered. “Everything looks to be in order. We’ll run some tests in a little bit to make sure everything is okay, but you should be able to leave in a few days.
The doctor stepped out from the room and so did Theo, with promises that he would return. In reality she knew that he was just giving them the chance to catch up as a family first.
“Hey guys,” she said, breaking the momentary silence. “How you get here?”
“Dr. Brennan just after it happened,” started Sean. “She offered to buy us tickets for the next flight out. We got here later that night, but you were out, obviously. We’ve been here ever since.”
“But what about your jobs?”
“Sweetie, you are more important than any job,” replied Denise. Lily could tell that she was holding back tears. “I’m so sorry about the way we’ve treated you. You and Sam deserve so much better.”
“Aunt Denise, no. I appreciate everything that you’ve done since Dad died. You’ve done the best that you can. Now things are turning around with Uncle Sean’s promotion we can start all over again, like a family.” The two adults just looked on with pride and leaned in for a hug. “Aw, you guys got all sappy on me.” They smiled at her.
“Perhaps we should leave,” suggested Sean. “I haven’t showered since early yesterday and there is a young boy that seems eager to talk to you. We’ll be back later honey.” Sean and Denise leaned in to press a kiss to her forward before departing. As they left, Theo reentered the room. He sat in the chair that had been beside her bed since the first day and grabbed hold of her good hand.
“You had everyone so worried.”
“Theo, I had to do it. Otherwise Booth would have been shot point blank.”
“Lily, I don’t think you realized how close you were to death. You were hit on the artery. Had we been an further from a hospital you would have died. You lost almost half your blood. Your heart stopped once on the way to the hospital.” Lily took that all in. She was surprised at herself. She didn’t think it could end up that bad.
“Well when you put it like that…” Theo gave her a stern look. “Theo, I wouldn’t change what I did at all. It was an impulse action, one I’m glad I could make. I just wish I was a bit faster. How’s my arm going to be?”
“It was close to the nerve, but the doctor was pretty sure that it missed the vein and that you would have full function when everything heals. You have some luck on your side it seems.”
Lily smiled and squeezed his hand. “Thanks for being here Theo.” Theo stood and pressed a kiss to her lips. When he withdrew, Lily laughed. “You’re brave for doing that when my lips are drier than the Sahara and I haven’t brushed my teeth in a while.”
“Hey, I’m just glad that I can do it again.”

Lily was released from the hospital three days later. Her aunt and uncle returned home since Lily had to return soon anyway for school. Her last night fell at the end of August. She and Theo were in Brennan’s apartment while she was out to dinner with Booth. She had extended an invitation to them, but they politely declined, preferring to stay in their last night.
Lily was situated in the crook of Theo’s arm as they lay in Lily’s bed staring at the ceiling. The room was dark; the only light came from the dim hallway light that crept in from the cracked door. Lily’s bad arm was in a splint and immobilized in a sling. It would have to stay like that for two months. She was glad to have an interesting story to go back to school with.
Booth had thanked her endlessly, in between scolding her for not listening to his orders to remain in the car. In the end, Lily and Theo received awards from the FBI for their courageous acts and they had received a standing ovation from everyone when the crew went to celebrate dinner that night.
Lily didn’t like the attention though; she saw the act as something that anyone would do for a friend or at least someone in grave danger. She wanted to be a normal teenager, one that went to school and spent her spare time listening to music and playing games. She was happy to go back to that life the next day, but at the same time, she wouldn’t get to see Theo that much. That was the one thing that bothered her so much.
“Theo, when am I going to see you next?” she asked finally. She never wanted to be that desperate girl that always had to see her boyfriend, but she did get curious.
“Well that depends. I’ll be in college, so who knows with the work I’ll have to do. But I mean Harvard isn’t that far from you right? Couldn’t your uncle drive you down?”
“Maybe, if he’s not busy. You could also come up to visit me.” She started laughing to herself. “I still can’t believe that you got into Harvard.”
“Funny,” he groaned. “I had good grades, plus my parents went there. Besides, you’re a genius. Maybe you can get in there when you have to apply this year.”
“Yeah, we’ll see.” The silence of the apartment was broken by the sound of a door opening and slamming against a wall, followed by a crash.
“Oh shit,” they heard Booth curse from the foyer. “I’m sorry Bones. I didn’t mean it.”
“Forget it Booth. It’s not a big deal.”
Theo sat up slightly and looked over to Lily and mouthed, “since when doesn’t she care about artifacts?” Lily could only partially shrug. However, Theo’s question was answered when a mass the size of two people bounced into the wall across from their room.
“Where are the kids?” asked Booth before planting what sounded like a wet kiss on Brennan’s throat.
“I don’t think they are hear, at least I don’t hear them.”
“Good, to your bedroom!” Lily and Theo tried very hard to repress giggles when the door to Brennan’s bedroom slammed shut. Theo gestured for them to get up and they headed to the living room. Theo pointed to the vase that had fallen earlier; it was the same one that Parker had dropped.
“We better let Parker know that he’s in the clear,” whispered Theo. With one last look to the bedroom, the two teenagers headed out to Theo’s car where they headed to the park to spend their last moments together for a long time.
AN: Well this is the end… it’s been a fun ride and I thank you all that have read and those who have reviewed as I dragged this story out for ages. There will be a short epilogue and then I’ll be able to put this to rest. Thanks again!
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:10 am

So happy you posted! So sad that's it over...*cries* At least there will be an epilogue...

Perhaps someday, a long time from now, you can do a sequel, and let us know what Lily and Theo are up to? *sigh* I know...wishful thinking...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:04 am

Finally I got to sit down with this. I'm so glad Lily made it through and things are starting to look up for her. But my favorite little snicker was that Theo's gonna have to tell Parker that he's off the hook! hehe. I kow how much you enjoyed putting that in there.

Thanks, Kasper. Now I'm just waiting on the epilogue ...
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next