Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper

+12
VentiGirl
fairytales_end
Fairy101
Kajunblueyes
Zeddie
newhaven5
Cassiopeia
kiki
Nane
flyersfan35
Kasper
willgirl
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper Empty Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:01 am

Okay, I am reposting this with a new view. I want it to be from the view of Lily, the girl so that we can get an outsider's view into Bones and Booth. The story will remain mostly the same though. Please let me know what you think. Enjoy!

The bell rang, signaling the end of the day. Lily Walsh shoved the filled and battered binder into her bag and threw it over her shoulder. She was ready to walk out the door when her chemistry teacher stepped in front of her.

¨Lily, you have a few?” he asked.

“Yep, of course.” She followed him down the empty hallway to his corner office. He shut the door and handed her a piece of bright yellow paper.

“Mrs. Red the biology teacher gave me this. It’s an internship at the Jeffersonian, a museum in Washington, D.C. You would work with the best forensic anthropologist for the summer. I think that it is the perfect opportunity for you.” He held out the paper and she took it.

“But Mr. Paul, it says that housing will not be provided, nor will transportation fees.”

“Don’t let that stop you. Give it a shot.”

She shrugged and nodded. “I guess it can’t hurt.”

That night Lily went home and looked at the paper. Downstairs she could hear her aunt and uncle arguing again, or perhaps still; she wasn’t sure if there was ever an end.

She was a good student, yes, but she felt she had no chance for winning. Besides, her aunt and uncle would never pay for the trip there, or the housing. Her eyes strayed from the paper to the picture of her parents that always sat on her desk. She was in her father’s arms at the young age of seven when they had gone to the top of the Prudential Center in downtown Boston. She missed the days when she lived in the city, the days when her parents were still alive, and the days when she was a carefree child again. With a final look at the picture, she decided to apply for it.

Four months later…

The power had gone out again, the fifth time so far in the year and it was only April. She had gotten used to it, especially after her aunt got laid off from her job. Money was even scarcer than before, and often times she was eating just barely one meal a day. It was late evening; her aunt and uncle had taken her cousin to the park, leaving her in the rapidly darkening room.

She sat at the piano bench and ran her fingers over the ivory keys. She started playing the first song she had learned, Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. Her father made her play it for hours as he typed away his newspaper stories for the Boston Globe in their Boston apartment. She closed her eyes and let her fingers do the work. Only the vibration of her phone on the piano pulled her from her thoughts.

Without looking at the caller ID she tucked the phone into the crook of her neck and answered.

“Hello,” she said while continuing to play.

“Hi, is this Lily Walsh?” asked a female voice that Lily didn’t recognize.

“Um yes, who’s calling?”

“This is Temperance Brennan from the Jeffersonian Institute. I’m calling to let you know that after thousands of applications, I’ve chosen you as the person to be the intern for the summer.”

“Wow, really?” She couldn’t believe that she had actually gotten it. Then the pain sunk in when she realized that she’d never be able to afford it. “Doctor Brennan, I thank you for the opportunity, but I’d never be able to afford to go down there and stay there for a whole summer.”

Lily heard the line was silent for a moment, but with a shuffle of papers, she replied, “Well let’s not worry about that right now. I’ll see what I can do to help you out. Does that sound good?”

“It sounds great!” replied Lily with an enthusiasm in her voice that had not been heard since the death of her parents five years prior.

“Great, I’ll call you back once I get more details.” They exchanged good byes and then hung up. Lily stopped playing and leaned her head back in thought. She hoped that things would work out because she knew that if she wanted to get into a good college she would need this, especially since she had terrible SAT scores and she would need a lot of financial aid. Just as she returned the phone to the pocket of her jeans, her aunt and uncle came barging into the home arguing once again over something trivial. Lily headed upstairs immediately to avoid the argument.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper Empty Re: Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:02 am

Flyer:
Kasper...what can I say? I told you before that I love this fic, and now it's even better! I love reading from Lily's point of view, it's so different!

I really can't wait to see where you go with this...well, I mean, I guess I can, cuz I have to, but...hell, you know what I mean!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:03 am

CSI-4077

Great start! It's always interesting to see the Jeffersonian crew from someone else's perspective. I really like the character you've created in Lily.

Can't wait to see what's next!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Kiki:

Kas, I am so wildly impressed...and very, very intrigued! Such a stroke of genius writing this from another perspective entirely. Getting to see all the squints' interactions from an outsider's point of view...can't wait!!

I LOVE KAS!!!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

DB Angelfan:

Nice start
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:04 am

Maxamilla:

I like this so far. Where is the other perspective posted?
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:04 am

Chapter 2

It was a warm, sticky day when Lily’s uncle drove her to the airport. Doctor Brennan had called her back a few days after the initial notification of her getting the position. Doctor Brennan had offered to pay airfare and was allowing Lily to stay at her apartment for the summer. Though at first hesitant about staying with a stranger, the sheer idea of what good could come prevailed and she gleefully accepted. Her aunt and uncle seemed unusually compliant with her summer plans.

Once they found a parking space, Lily was surprised when her uncle followed her into the airport. Once at the gate, as she turned to proceed forward, he put his hand on her shoulder, forcing her to turn around.

“Look Lily. Ever since we lost Stephen and Robin, things haven’t been the same. I know that you haven’t had the best living conditions and that Denise and I haven’t helped much. But I want you to know that we love you and that we want you to take as much as you can from this.”

Lily eyed her Uncle intently and then leaned in for a hug. He wrapped his arms around her and held her as he always wanted to, giving her the love that she deserved. After another moment they broke apart and took a step back.

“Well kiddo, go have fun. And please call once in a while, okay?”

Lily smiled as she picked up her bag. “I will. Tell Sam I said bye and that I love him too.” With a final wave she moved past security and out on her own for the next two months.

………….

It was a few hours later, under the dark skies of a brewing storm, when Lily landed in Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. It was approaching mid afternoon when she was finally squared away with her baggage. Doctor Brennan said that she would be waiting near the restrooms just outside the security station. Lily wheeled her luggage through the crowded airport, weaving in and out of tourists ready for trips to the warm, tropical climates.

Finally she approached the area where Doctor Brennan was supposed to be waiting. She saw man and woman, which she immediately recognized as Brennan, standing nose to nose. Lily could tell from the body language that they were arguing over something as the man took the defensive pose, which was rather odd in her opinion.

Doctor Brennan was tall and beautiful, and stood pointing at the man and then shrugging. The man, who was rather handsome, stood with his arms crossed in front of his chest, a rather angry look on his face. With their expressions, Lily wondered if they were dating.

Lily, instead of going around the front, she went and stood near a group of Japanese tourists in order to hear the conversation. Sure she didn’t blend in, but Doctor Brennan and the man were too absorbed in their own conversation to notice anything.

“Booth, seriously, grow up. I had to get Lily a security clearance. The FBI provides the security. It’s not my fault Cullen wants you to take on an intern. You think I wanted Zach working under me at first?”

“No…wait, you didn’t want to work with Zach?”

“No, at first I thought that it would slow down my workings. Instead, I learned that it facilitated discussion and I got to help a bright young man grow. I think that it’s a great thing.

“I…well…well if we don’t get any cases, I blame you.”

“Sure Booth, you can blame me,” she said with a laugh. She glanced at her watch and remarked, “Lily should be here soon.”

“Cool, I can’t wait to meet the poor soul that you are going to torture for the summer.”

“Hey now, I will provide her with a scientific opportunity that will help her in the future. If anyone will get tortured, it’s your intern. Poor kid. When are you meeting him anyway?”

“He finishes school today, so he’ll start on Wednesday. And I gotta pee, I’ll be right back.” The man strode to the bathroom and Lily took it as her chance to approach. She backtracked a bit to make it look like she was coming from the direction of the baggage claim.

When Brennan’s line of sight fell on Lily, she smiled and closed the distance. Brennan immediately stuck out her hand, which Lily shook. “I’m Temperance Brennan; it’s nice to finally meet you.”

“I can surely say the same.”

The man that had gone to the bathroom returned and placed his hands on Brennan’s shoulders and looked forward. “Aren’t you going to introduce me to your little friend Bones?” the man asked with an extremely dazzling smile. Lily figured that he would have any girl at his will with that “make-you-weak-at-the-knees” smile.

“Booth, this is Lily Walsh. Lily, this is my partner from the FBI, Special Agent Seeley Booth. He’s the FBI liaison to the Jeffersonian. He brings in the cases and we help give him information.”

The man named Booth smiled and extended his hand, which Lily gripped and shook. He gave her a smile and she smiled back. If only he was a few years younger…

“Well, now that introductions have been made, I figured that we could go to the lab so you can meet the Squints… I mean my coworkers.”

Booth took Lily’s bags and carried them to the car, which was a black SUV illegally parked at the front. They got in, Lily in the back, and drove off.

Lily was quiet as she soaked in the surroundings that would become her home for the next two months. As they got closer, the skyline became more prominent. Her thoughts went back to when she lived in Boston. She missed living in a city where the fast-paced life always intrigued her at a young age.

“So Lily, where are you from?” questioned Booth.

“Um, I grew up in Boston. When my parents died, I moved to New Hampshire to live with my aunt and uncle.”

“Oh, sorry to hear about your parents,” replied Booth. “So you were a city girl?”

“Yep. I loved the fast paced nature even as a young kid. My dad and I would always go out on the weekends and walk around the city. I probably spent more time in the Commons than some of the homeless that call that place home.”

“Ah, so do you like to ‘pahk’ the ‘cah’ in ‘Havahvid yahd’?”

Lily smiled and sighed. “For the millionth time in my short and boring life, I’ll only talk like that when I am excited or angry or not paying attention.” Booth chuckled.

“Someone’s defensive,” he said teasingly.

Brennan smacked at his arm. “Booth, stop.”

“Yeah, yeah,” he said. “We’re here anyway.”

Lily looked to the side and noticed the large building,. It was in fact large, covered in glass panels and looked very cool. The adults got out and Lily followed in. First stop was the security station.

“Steve, this is Lily Walsh, my intern for the summer. I believe that you have her credentials for her.”

Steve walked behind the booth and returned with a photo id. “Here you go Miss. Don’t lose it though,”

“Please Steve,” said Brennan. “I recall that the only person to lose an ID was you and you ended up throwing it out in your lunch garbage.” Steve turned red in embarrassment and allowed them passage. Lily looked at her surroundings as she followed them through the hallway. The clean feeling of the laboratory went with the glinting silver that made the lab. As other scientists in blue coats toiled past working on their business, Lily smiled. She had a feeling it was going to be a good summer.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:07 am

Flyers:

See, I knew that if I was patient, I would be rewarded...

I seriously loved it, kas...the descrïptions were great, so was the dialogue...and of course, Booth's 'weak at the knees' smile...*sigh*

Also loved the 'If only he was a few years younger'...lol Hmm, have I mentioned that he's my age???

Thanks, my sweet ghost...and I will be waiting patiently for the next chapter...
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:08 am

DBangelfan:

yay for updates
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Kiki:

More Mentor! Yay!

Aw, this poor Lily girl...hopefully she'll have some fun with the squints...

Booth is "rather handsome", kas? RATHER handsome? Jeez, the man is a hottie. I'm just saying.

Ah, love the banter between BB and I think this Lily is gonna fit in just fine!

Can't wait for more!

I LOVE KAS!!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Kasper:

Well I know what he is!!! He's super handsome.

AND I LOVE KIKI AND HER REVIEWS!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3

Lily’s first day at the Jeffersonian was a whirlwind of action. She met Dr. Brennan’s team, as well as the head of the forensics division. Dr. Brennan had showed her around the Jeffersonian, allowing her to take in what she was going to be doing that summer. Lily felt right at home amidst the hustle and the bustle of the lab.

At six, apparently to the surprise of her coworkers, Dr. Brennan had left the lab and showed Lily to her home. To Lily’s surprise, the rich author and doctor lived in a humble apartment decorated with artifacts from various cultures that Lily presumed Dr. Brennan had observed at some point in her studies.

Lily’s new bedroom was in the guest room, a room of modest sze in the apartment. Dr. Brennan has set her up with a bed and showed her around, basically telling her that to make herself at home. Lily had graciously accepted, and made herself comfortable that night.

Lily awoke early the next morning, not used to the sound of a constant stream of morning commuters. She dressed quickly and headed to the living room. She heard the shower on and decided to call her uncle to catch up with him.

The phone rang twice before he picked up. “Hello,” he said, the sound of a crying baby audible in the background.

“Hi Uncle Sean, it’s Lily.”

“Hey Lily, how are you? Do you like DC?”

“It’s great. Kinda bigger, louder, and more congested than Boston, but still it’s fun.”

“Cool, cool. How’s this Dr. Brennan that you are working with?”

“She’s really nice. Her partner works for the FBI and I have my own set of credentials and everything.”

“Wow. Maybe you can get on the system and get rid of some of those tickets we have outstanding.”

“Very funny. Okay, I have to go now, I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

“Alright Lily, we love you.” Lily hung up the phone, just as Brennan walked in. Her hair was wet and clung to her shirt.

“Good morning Lily,” greeted Brennan. “Help yourself to breakfast. I’ve got bagels and cereal. Do you like coffee?”

“Um I’m fine now thanks.”

“Okay, I’ll be ready to go in ten minutes.” Lily nodded and was heading for the living room when there was a sharp knock on the door. “Lily, can you get that? It’s probably Booth.”

“Sure!” Lily headed to the door and opened. Booth didn’t stand at the door, but rather a young man. He was about Lily’s age, maybe a year older. He wore a shirt and tie and his hair was gelled up and looked much more professional than Lily’s modest blouse and jeans.

“Um, hi?” said Lily nervously.

“Hi,” he replied.

Suddenly Booth’s booming voice was audible down the hall. “Oh Theo, I see that you’ve met Lily. Lily is Dr. Brennan’s intern from the summer. Lily, this is Theo, my intern for the summer. Get to know each other because you’ll be working together a lot.”

“Booth, do we have a case, oh hello,” said Brennan, cutting herself off quickly upon noticing Theo.

“Bones, this is Theo Girard, my own summer intern.”

“Nice to meet you Theo.” They quickly shook hands before Booth spoke up again.

“We’ve got a case.” Brennan grabbed her stuff before the crew headed to Booth’s car.

Once in the car, Lily and Theo sat on the complete opposite of the car, occasionally catching each other in a stare. Lily was more trying to size him up. He was strong and carried himself tall and she assumed that he was an athlete of some sort. She could tell that he was one of the popular kids, the kind that she always tried to stay away from. He sat against the window and he leaned his head against his arm, his fingers twirling the gelled spikes in his hair.

In the front seat, the adults discussed the crime scene, talking about places from the area that Lily was unfamiliar with. She was instead gearing herself up for the anticipation of what would be found at the crime scene. Would they be allowed to see the remains? Would they be allowed to make inferences? Or would they just get stuck waiting in the car like dogs?

“We’re here.” Booth turned around and looked at the two. “You can come with us, but just stay close behind. Do not touch anything, understand?”

“Yes,” they replied in unison. They got out to find that they were in the middle of nowhere, on a farm just outside of the city. Despite being early in the morning, the sun was hot and they immediately began to sweat. Theo rolled up the sleeves on his shirt and loosened his tie.

“Booth, where is the body?” questioned Brennan as she scanned the field for signs of animal activity.

“Just up this hill,” he replied. He started walking up and pointed in the distance, where there were other crime scene people milling around.

“You’re kidding me,” whined Theo.

“Nope,” replied Booth a bit too happy. “Welcome to your first case.”

They approached the outhouse to increasingly larger amounts of flies buzzing around the area. “The owner of the farm says that he occasionally uses it when he works the fields. Apparently yesterday was one of those days. He says that he took his paper and sat down, only to find that it smelled worse than usual.”

“Wait, he could tell that it smelled worse?” questioned Brennan incredulously.

“Apparently. Says he alerted local authorities, who then dumped it on us presumably because they don’t want to deal with it.”

“Well then, let’s take a look.” Brennan put on a mask and gloves and stepped in. In the single hole, she could see a femur protruding from the slop. “Booth, we’re going to need a truck to get all of this so that it can be properly filtered.” She peeled off the gloves and threw them in a biological contamination bag. “And find out the last time he used the outhouse.”

……..

Back in the Jeffersonian, the biological soup was being filtered. To Brennan’s delight, an entire human skeleton had been recovered. Lily stood on the platform next to Brennan, looking at the remains. She was able to see that there was a gunshot wound on the skull. There was a hairline fracture on the scapula and three teeth were missing.

“Okay, the victim was a male,” started Dr. Brennan. “We can tell due the area inside the pelvic region. In females it is rounder for child bearing, but because it is more of a heart shape, we can say that it’s a male.”

“Okay,” said Lily, making a notation on the report that Dr. Brennan had given her to fill out.

“The man was average height as we can tell from the length of the femur.” She turned to Lily. “You do know what the femur is, right?”

“Yes, it’s the longest bone in the body, commonly referred to as the thigh bone.”

“Oh no, sounds like a Squinty Word Science-off,” laughed Booth as he swiped him and Theo in. “See Theo, these are the times where we run away and not learn.”

“Booth, maybe if you learned a thing or two, you’d be able to categorize skeletons and not have to come to me for help.” Lily had to bite back a laugh, as did Theo.

“Ouch,” said Booth. “You really hurt my feelings. Now, what have you got for me?”

“Not much just yet, I was just telling Lily how we read the bones.”

“Oh, see this is the downside of having interns, everything will be slowed down as we wait for you to teach people.”

“The victim was a Caucasian male, aged 18-24, around six feet in height.” All turned and looked at Lily. Brennan looked over the bones and nodded.

“Good job. How did you know that?”

Lily just shrugged. “I liked to read as a kid, which often entailed everything.” She looked at the others who were still staring at her. “What, why are you looking at me?” Theo shook his head and looked away while Booth ran a hand through his hair.

“Um, nothing,” replied Booth. “Let’s run it through the database and see if it matches any missing persons in the area.”

Brennan and Booth walked forward to Angela’s office, and Theo moved to follow, giving her one quick smile before moving forward.

Lily shrugged, not understanding the big deal and followed the others into the artist’s office.

“Okay, we’ll run the markers through the computer to see if we get a match,” said Angela, telling the interns the game plan. “Now we wait.”

“What is that smell?” asked Booth as he quickly pinched his nose. The group turned around to find Hodgins, covered in god knows what, standing in the doorframe.

“I found a hair,” he announced triumphantly. “Complete with a skin tag.” Cam proceeded to carefully take the hair with a gloved hand and placed it in an evidence bag.

“King of the lab,” added Hodgins with a smile.

“You need a shower,” said Theo, which came with a sound of agreement from the group.

The computer beeped. “There were no missing persons matches,” said Angela.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:11 am

BGWGscienceteacher:

get the feeling that Lily and Theo are going to be a younger version of B&B, including the bickering. Great chapter. PPS
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Fly:

Sneaky little ghost...I checked here earlier and you hadn't posted...

Anywhoo, I agree with BG...love Lily and Theo! Love, love, LOVE this fic, mi dulce fantasma...YOU ROCK!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

dbangelfan:

lol this is shaping up to be good. More soon!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Chapter 4

“Robert Hunter,” said Booth as he put another bite of pie into his mouth. “He is the eldest of the three Hunter brothers, very notorious for their meth running through the middle class of DC.”

“You speak of him as if you know him,” said Brennan.

“Met him once or twice when I was in narco.” Booth pushed the pie towards Lily and Theo who seemed out of place at the conversation. “Come on, try some. It’s really good.”

“No thanks,” said Lily with a smile.

“Yeah, none for me,” replied Theo.

“Your loss.” Booth shoved a big piece in his mouth, just as his phone rang. After a few words he hung up and turned to the others. “Okay, I have the new location where the mother is living. I think we ought to pay a visit there.”

….

The mother lived in a shabby establishment outside the city. Booth pulled up to the small neighborhood and turned off the engine. “I think the kids should stay here. If I remember correctly, this isn’t exactly Mary Poppins in there.”

Before Lily or Theo could argue, they had left the car to walk up the weed covered path. Booth had left the car on for the air conditioner and Theo moved to the front seat and started to fiddle with the radio knob. “What kind of music do you like?” he asked, surprising her.

“Um, anything really. Just no rap or country.”

“I agree.” He turned it to something that was the alternative hits of the day. As a rock song came on he began to drum along with the beat. Lily immediately recognized it as one of her favorite songs, one that she would turn to when she needed to drown out the shouts of whoever. She began to join him in singing and playing air guitar. Theo looked sideways and smiled.
“You like Linkin Park?” he asked over the sound of the song.

Lily turned it down slightly so that she didn’t have to yell over the song. “Yeah, I’ve liked them from the beginning. The new stuff is different, but hey, I still like them.”

“Oh. See I hate the new stuff. I was really liking the rap rock thing that they had going on.”

“Yeah, it was good. But oh well.”

“Yep.” The song was over, but Theo kept tapping at the wheel. “So uh, what other bands do you like?”

“I don’t know, there are so many. I mean I listened to the same stuff as my father when he was alive like Metallica and Led Zepplin.”

“Oh is your father gone?” asked Theo curiously.

“My parents died in a car crash seven years ago. I’ve been uh living with my aunt and uncle.”

“Oh, oh I’m sorry for bringing it up.”

“No, you didn’t know, it’s okay,” smiled Lily, hoping that she didn’t discourage Theo from talking to her. “So um, where are you from? Around here?”

“Yep, I live in Alexandria, Virginia. My mother is a Senator and my dad is a professor at Georgetown.”

“Wow.” Lily looked away, thinking of what her parents did and what her life would have been like had her parents still been around. “My father was a big sports reporter when he was alive. We got to go to Boston area sports events all the time. He took me because my mom really didn’t like them and she often needed quiet so she could work on the commercial jingles that she wrote.”

Theo smiled. “Sounds like they were fun people. Sorry that you lost them.”

Lily leaned against the door, turning her body away from him. “Yeah they were.” Immediately she withdrew, not wanting to think of her parents. Sure her life was different without them, but it wasn’t terrible. She knew that she still had more than a lot of people in the world. However, she couldn’t shake the thoughts of her parents.

She heard the seat beside her make a sound as Theo got closer. She could smell his cologne, which created a warm feeling in her stomach. It smelled good, real good.

“Lily, are you okay?” asked Theo softly.

“Yeah,” she replied. She faced him and found out that he was closer than she thought he was. For the first time since she met him, she really took in his features. He had sky blue eyes with short dark hair that he kept gelled up. His chin was peppered with stubble that made him look much older than he really was. He smiled back at her just as the car door opened, assaulting the car with the hot summer’s air.

“Hey you two,” said Booth. “Get in the back seat. Adults in the front.” They clambered over the center console and buckled their seatbelts.

Booth started to speak to Brennan as he was writing something in his notepad. “So it looks like the brothers were having a little spat. We’ll have to go find Darrell.”

“Do you know his last known address?”

Theo looked to Lily and rolled his eyes. She realized what he meant and smiled. Theo cleared his throat and the talking ceased. Booth’s eyes appeared in the rearview mirror, acknowledging him.

“Well aren’t you going to tell us what you learned?”

“Yeah, I probably should,” replied Booth with a smile. “But then I’ll have to tell the rest of Squints and I don’t feel like telling it twice.”

“What?” asked Lily incredulously. “You really shouldn’t treat us like children. I’m sixteen years old and Theo is…” Lily looked to Theo, not knowing his age.

“And I’m seventeen! You should really learn to treat us right,” warned Theo.

“Or what?” taunted Brennan. “Are you going to cry? Throw a tantrum perhaps?” Brennan smiled triumphantly at her teasing remarks.

“I don’t,” replied Theo with a mischievous smile that only Lily saw. “Perhaps this?” He lifted his hand to reveal that he was holding Booth’s car keys in his hand.

Booth started patting himself before realizing that they were actually his. “Hey! Those are mine! Give them back!” Booth reached forward and Theo pulled back playfully.

“Damn it Theo. Give them back.”

“Nope. We get to drive.”

“This is a government issued vehicle registered under my name. If you were to get caught…”

Brennan leaned over and whispered rather loudly into Booth’s ear. “I think this is a mutiny.”

Following directions from memory, Theo was able to drive back to the Jeffersonian without Booth’s aid. Occasionally he and Lily would look to the backseat where Booth sat with his arms folded across his chest. Brennan looked fine, just staring out the window as they drove about.

When they exited the car Booth held his hand open, waiting for the keys. Theo handed them back.

“And what do we say Agent Booth?”

“Thanks,” he mumbled under his breath. They walked into the Jeffersonian and met with the Squints.

Angela stepped forward, looking curious. “Why does Booth look like a child that got his lollipop taken away?”

“In essence he did,” said Brennan. “Theo took Booth’s keys. He had to sit in the backseat.”

Hodgins clapped Theo on the back. “Good one man. Pulling a fast one on an Army Ranger.”

“Enough!” shouted Booth. “He took my keys. Whatever. Shouldn’t we be talking about the case at hand?”

“No, not really,” said Angela. “It’s Friday. On a beautiful warm summer’s day. It calls for a party.” She pointed a finger at Lily and Theo. “Make sure that they show up ‘cause you’re all invited.”
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:13 am

Fly:

Hmm...no rap or country...Lily reminds me of a girl I know...

And your descrïption of Theo sounds familiar...not sure where I've heard it, though...lol

Okay, another great chapter, but seriously, though I love case fics, in this one, I could care less about the case...hehe...

Can't wait for the next chapter...haha, I know, I'm extrememly impatient, obviously! I really can't wait to see where you go with Lily/Theo, and if you get around to Booth/Bones, well, I won't complain...lol!

Loved it, ghosty girl!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:14 am

dbangelfan:

lol love it
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

nane:

That is fun to read...Lily and Theo will spice up the rest.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

kiki: Hee hee hee....loving this! Very interested to see the Lily-Theo, Lily-Brennan, Theo-Booth and Lily-Theo-Booth-Brennan interaction. Phew. Tired now.

More as soon as you can!

I LOVE KAS!!!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

fly:

Here ya go, ghosty girl...I was worried for a minute, I couldn't find it, I had to do a search! But I found it...now you can post my fluff...like you promised...please...pretty please...
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 am

Chapter 5

The sun was shining brightly on the Hodgins estate when they showed up. Lily was amazed at the size of the home; she had no clue regarding Hodgins financial status until Brennan had mentioned something about the nearly Olympic sized pool next to the hot tub and the mini bar. The house was bigger than Derrick’s, her rich best friend from home. Booth parked the car next to the garage and the four got out of the car and headed for the front door.

Upon Angela’s urgings, or demands rather, they were forced to return back to homes and retrieve the appropriate summer wear. Lily was glad that she actually packed a bathing suit. She assumed that she would spend the whole time busy at work, but in fact was rather glad that the end of the week was finishing with a relaxing event. She also hoped to use it as a chance to check out the team outside of the work environment.

Four o’clock was rapidly approaching and before the girls knew it, Booth was calling to say that he had arrived to pick them up. All right was restored, as the adults sat in the front. Theo gave Lily a knowing smile.

“He made sure that I would sit in the back,” he said.

“Did not!” shouted Booth in return. Brennan turned to him.

“Sorry Booth, but I believe the kid.” Booth mumbled something as he pulled away.

Now that they had arrived at the Hodgins estate Booth appeared to cool down a bit. Lily thought it was funny how much he acted like a child. She found it cute that he was in touch with his inner child. It was sort of like a comedy act.

Once inside, Hodgins appeared from the kitchen dressed in a Hawaiian shirt that matched Booth’s. Angela and Brennan sniggered, laughing at the dreadful looks they gave each other.

“Aw how cute,” remarked Lily daringly. “They match.”

Brennan went along. “Aw Jack, you didn’t tell me you and Booth conferred on your clothing choices for the day. How sweet.” Booth and Hodgins gave the women dirty looks.

“Okay seriously, I’m not liking this intern thing. All you people do is bash me. I don’t think that I can take this for another two months.” He quickly pulled off his shirt and threw it to the floor with meaning. “I’m going to find a drink in this castle.” He stomped off towards what he assumed was the kitchen with three pairs of eyes following his toned upper body. When Hodgins noticed he scoffed at Angela’s entranced look. Lily caught herself, but not before the image was implanted in her mind. She smiled to herself and found herself following Theo as he went with the others to the patio.

True to the rumors the backyard was huge. There was room for grilling with a table under an umbrella for relaxing. A minibar was perched against the house. In the grassy area under the shade of an oak tree was a trampoline. But the most dominant form of the backyard was in fact the pool. However the pool itself appeared to belong in the landscape with a small waterfall generating serene sounds.

Hodgins gestured to the table that had food set up on it. “Help yourself to whatever you’d like. I’ll start grilling in a bit.” All of the adults headed immediately for the table, sitting down and grabbing drinks. Lily went away from the adults, opting to jump on the trampoline. As much as she wanted to sit with them and enjoy the relaxation she preferred to watch their interactions from afar.

She rolled onto the squeaky trampoline and deposited her sandals on the ground. She was on for only a few minutes before Theo strode up to the trampoline.

“Mind if I join you?” He jerked a thumb towards the adults. “They are talking about stuff I don’t care about.”

“Of course,” replied Lily with a smile. She was glad that he was actually willing to talk to her. She could tell from the way he looked and the way he acted that he was one of the popular kids. She wasn’t in school, not since middle school before he parents had left. After that she threw herself into her studies.

They were jumping, but before they knew it got old. Instead they mutually stopped jumping and lay down on the trampoline to enjoy the natural shade of the tall oak. Lily’s eyes traveled towards the adults on the cabana as their laughter was carried through the air. Lily couldn’t help but to notice that Brennan’s gaze remained on the shirtless Booth who she sat next to.

“When do you think they’ll do it?” they both asked each other at the same time. They exchanged glances and quick laughs.

“Who knows?” questioned Theo. “Though the sexual tension is palpable. I don’t know how anyone could work with them two.” Theo began removing his sunglasses and shirt. “It’s hot out here. I think I might go for a swim.” With those words he quickly ran towards the pool and cannonballed into the cool water.

Lily opted not to sit by herself and instead moved towards the adults who were preparing to get into the pool. Lily removed her sandals and shirt before joining Theo in the pool. The cool water was a godsend in the heat of the summer. She swam a few laps around the large pool before noticing the Theo was watching. She lifted herself to the edge of the pool allowing only her feet to remain submerged.

“What?” she asked him curiously.

He simply shrugged. “Nothing…” Their conversation was disturbed by the slashing of something in the water. Lily turned her head to see that Jack had thrown a wide variety of Funnoodles into the pool.

“Noodle war!” shouted Booth as he jumped into the pool and grabbed a blue piece of the foam. Theo reached for a red one and began a sword battle with Booth. Lily laughed as they mixed Lightsaber techniques with the moves of the Matrix to create a humorous battle.

“Dude, we should have jousting battles!” said Hodgins excitedly. Theo came over to Lily.

“Get on my shoulders, we’re going to joust.” Lily looked to see that Angela was already on Jack’s shoulders and Booth was having trouble trying to coax Brennan onto his. With a shrug she slid onto Theo’s shoulders and his hands went to her thighs so that he could keep a good grip. He handed her “lance” as they lined up to face Jack and Angela. Brennan had finally agreed to get on Booth’s shoulders though it seemed that he was afraid to hold onto her.

“Let the jousting begin!” shouted Booth.

After a few rounds it was clear that Theo and Lily were the better jousting after knocking down the others two time s a piece.

“And the dynamic duo of Theo Girard and Lily Walsh prove to be the triumphant victors in the world of pool jousting. And the crowd goes nuts!” Theo hissed as he said so raising her hands in the air.

“Yeah, but I bet you can’t win in pool wrestling,” growled Booth as he lunged for Theo. Lily quickly fell back into the water as Theo dived to the left to avoid Booth’s swipe.

“Booth, stop being a sore loser,” warned Hodgins. “I’m going to start dinner now anyway.”

Booth and Hodgins went to start cooking while Brennan and Angela were preparing drinks. Lily retrieved a flotation device from the shed and lay on it, using the sun to dry her before dinner. Theo was swimming around the pool and purposely bumped the raft when he swam under it. Lily laughed at his antics enjoying the relaxation time.

Theo stopped and swam beside her, leaning on the side of the raft. He shook his head, which sent water droplets flying through the air and landing on Lily.

“Thank you Theo, I really appreciate that one.”

He smiled. “Anytime.”

“Well is there a reason why you are here?”

“Well I’m here because my parents decided to have a kid and then they wanted me to have the best opportunities to make it into the FBI so they made me apply for this thing. That’s why I am here.”

“Well thanks for your life story.”

“Hey if those adults are going to keep pushing us out if their conversations we might as well know each other.” Lily considered for a moment.

“Okay then. What’s your full name?”

“Theoren James Girard. What is the stupidest thing you’ve every done?”

“That is most likely irrelevant to anything that we'd need to know.”

“Hey I’ve got nothing but time at this point.” Lily glared at him before thinking. “I suppose it was with my best friend Derrick on Halloween. We went around throwing eggs at house for the hell of it. We went to this old guy’s house because we knew that he never gives out candy. We started throwing eggs and he came out and started to chase us down the street. We ducked under some bushes to lose him. He called the cops and they stopped us as we were on our way back to my house. We had egg spilled on our shirts but we lied to the cops saying that we were at the civic center at a cooking class. They believed it and we got away.”

Theo began laughed. “Wow, that sounds like fun to me.”

“Well it was at the time, until the cops came. I guess that makes it my turn. What was the best moment in your life to date?”

Theo’s face was contorted in thought, but he saved by Booth shouting that dinner was ready.

Dinner passed quickly as everyone savored the easiness of the dinner. Despite being near a hundred during the day, the temperature had dropped quickly, leaving the ones in wet bathing suits cold. Dishes were brought inside and Hodgins lead everyone to the basement where they were shown the big screen HDTV.

“You know Hodgins, if I didn't know any better, I'd think that you were showing off,” said Booth as he marveled at the size of the television. “Next year we are having a Super Bowl party here.”
“Sure Booth,” replied Hodgins. “Only if Angela approves though.” He clapped his hands together and moved to a chest that sat in the corner. “I figured that since it was too cold outside to swim or do something, we could watch a movie together. The only problem is that we have to decide on one, together.”

It took ten minutes of arguing and an intervening butler to finally decide on a movie. They went with something with the chill factor, a horror movie classic, Friday the 13th.

Jack and Angela lay together on a couch as they watched the movie, occasionally making comments as the characters were killed off. Lily lay on the floor using a blanket as a pillow as Theo sat up beside her, using the table behind him as a support. Booth and Brennan sat side by side on the other couch, whispering comments to each other. As the movie winded down, Brennan began getting loud with her pondering over why people would play strip poker at a summer camp, or why people would continue to explore deaths even when they know that there is a killer around.

The music turned peaceful as the movie ended the others began to prepare to go to sleep. However, as the decrepit body of Jason screamed from beneath the lake, Lily couldn't help but to laugh at the reactions of the others (she had watched the movie with her father a long time back and he had laughed at her response to the movie). Angela had screamed and jumped into Hodgins arms. Brennan had let out a scream and gripped Booth's arm so hard that he had screamed in pain. But the reaction that struck her the most was Theo's. He hadn't screamed, nor did he visibly jumped. His hand had flown to hers and gripped it tightly. She looked down at their hands, then up at him, and then at the hands again.

“S-sorry Lily,” he mumbled and pulled his hand back as if he had touched a stove. “I was caught off guard.”

“Come on you two,” said Booth, unaware of what had happened. “Time to go home.”
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:10 am

Okay, my review on fanfiction may have been a bit garbled, seeing as I was overly excited to see the alert when I woke up yesterday morning, so I'll try to make up for it here.

Suffice it to say, I absolutely adored the chapter, but then again, I adore the whole damn fic, so that really comes as no shock. It just gives me warm fuzzies when I read it...sometimes we old people need to reminisce on our teenage years, and you are painting the picture perfectly. The subtle glances, the conversation, the little touches...I love it!

Oh, and of course, we have some B/B thrown in as well! Haha! So funny that it's a Bones fic, but I'm completely captured by the other characters.

Okay, okay, I know, this is getting way too long and sappy...I'm done rambling now, I promise. Well, except to say that as long as you keep writing, you know I'll be here, reading. Oh, and I have to join you in the evil glares for those damn impatient readers...some people have no manners...

Seriously, though, you know I only do it cuz I love you, and your writing. But I will try to be good, and not say anything about the next chapter. It will be hard, but I'll try...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nane Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:16 am

hmmm, I wonder where the idea with the eggs comes from..... is there personal experience calling?
This is really a sweet progression. I like it. Lilly and Theo are a good team.
Nane
Nane
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:51 am

LO-OVED it!!! From Booth acting like a child, to the matching shirts, to Theo and Lily bonding and finally the "hand grab" at the very end...pure perfection. Marvellous.

I LOVE KAS!!
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2352
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down