Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

+8
mereva
Rike
Nane
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
ToZiKa
CheeseBK
bpaltland
magicstar
12 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007 - Page 4 Empty Re: and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:08 am

Posted 30/01/2008 11:39:15 PM
DBAngelfan

lol the ending was kind of funny. I hope he doesn't try anything more though.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11652
Say What You Want : Leader of the puritan party...pimp is my right hand man!!!
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007 - Page 4 Empty Re: and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:08 am

Posted 31/01/2008 08:15:49 PM
piratesmiley

CUTE! *sings* NOW UPDATE, lil missy!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:09 am

Posted 01/02/2008 06:09:08 AM
CheeseBK

hey sweeties! glad you liked it.... andrews is behaving so far.... hmmm but will it stay that way (evil grin) ....

Chapter 13

4 weeks later

Brennan’s pregnancy was still a secret – mostly thanks to Angela. The artist covered up for her best friend whenever necessary... she distracted their co-workers when Temperance had to make one of her – inevitable – excursions to the restroom. She even found a good excuse for Brennan’s refusal to drink alcohol and why she had cut down her caffeine consume, an excuse explaining also her sometimes weaker constitution: Gastritis.

Which sounded good..... only that Brennan now had to answer her cravings for substantial food in private. It had been a pretty awkward moment, two weeks ago, when Zach had spotted her, chewing on a massive sub ... with cheese and mayonnaise. Things you usually avoided, like the devil holy water, while suffering from gastritis.

And Zach – being Zach – had started to lecture her, that her gastritis simply could not get any better, when she kept eating like that. She finally had told him it was an experiment, she was trying to determine how she reacted to different types of food. A poor excuse? Maybe. Zach had been giving her a doubtful look.... and she had sighed, taken the sub, wrapped it up again and placed it in the fridge.... murmuring something about “Leaving it for Booth.”

She had not left it for Booth, of course.... She had sneaked back to the fridge as soon as Zach was gone... and had eaten the rest of the sub in her office, hiding behind her desk, cursing Angela for inventing a gastritis of all illnesses.

Now she was sitting at said desk, typing furiously, trying to distract herself from her latest craving: Donuts. Donuts, of all things in the world. She shook her head..... she never even had liked donuts. Damn hormones.
She only was happy that her morning sickness had settled down to what it was actually called: MORNING sickness. Meaning she fled the bed she shared with Booth every morning to run to the bathroom, but the rest of the day her stomach was being nice to her and remained calm. Except for hunger, that is.

She sighed and paused, considering if she could sneak out the lab to help herself to some donuts... without anybody noticing, that she – again – ate something her gastritis could not approve of. Not likely.

“Eleven days” She told herself. “Only eleven days left.”

Eleven days... Which meant, ten days until the doctor’s appointment in the evening...
The date represented a small mile stone: The end of her first trimester.... and if everything was alright with her and the baby, she and Booth were planning on announcing her pregnancy the very next day. She briefly closed her eyes, wishing the next days to pass quickly. As if her wishes would make time pass by any faster... She shook her head. Foolish, useless thoughts.

Oh, but she was looking forward to it: No hiding anymore... no concealed chocolate boxes in her desk.... no god-damn gastritis.
Of course she also was a bit anxious about people’s reactions. What would they say? Would they be shocked, that she, Dr. Temperance Brennan, who had always said she did not want children, now was pregnant? Would they be happy for her and Booth?

She sighed and patted her still flat abdomen absently. It did not matter.... what mattered most, was that their child hopefully was healthy and that they were planning to give all the love they had to the baby. It simply HAD to be enough, right? And at least Angela was crazy about the prospect of being able to spoil her best friend’s child.

Brennan sighed again. She loved her child already.... but she was also afraid, despite that Booth had told her – repeatedly – that she surely was going to be a good mother, she still had those doubts: What if she was going to make mistakes?
Booth already had a son, he knew how to be a father, he knew how to do it right.
She remembered, when she had told him that, tears in her eyes – courtesy of her hormones.
His answer, however, had made her feel better: “Temperance, there is no right or wrong. You just try to give your best. It’s going to be alright, okay?”

No right, no wrong. Giving your best.... she only hoped, her best was going to be good enough. When she suddenly felt her eyes sting with tears once again, she cursed.

She had no control over it anymore... sometimes she just had this urge, this undeniable urge to be emotional, to cry, to let it all out.... even though she was not sure WHAT she was letting out.
But fighting the tears did not help – she had tried, oh she had.... she was not used to being weak, not used to crying in general and especially not in public.

So far she had managed to keep her new, more emotional side a secret. Not from Booth and Angela, of course.... but they knew what caused the change, so she could live with them seeing her cry.

She straightened herself, when she heard a knock at her door.... and managed to keep the tears that had been welling up at bay.

Zach entered the room, his face showing that he had found something that was not only interesting but deserved the label ‘extraordinary’. Sure enough, when he told her about his latest findings on the case he was working with Booth, his eyes glowed. Scorings, unusual pattern.... what he said sounded interesting enough for her to hop to her feet.

‘Bad idea’ her mind analysed, when her vision started to blur and she felt how a wave of nausea hit her. She would have fallen, if it had not been for Zach. With an insight nobody would have attributed to him, he understood what was happening to her and was swiftly at her side, catching her before she could fall and hurt herself.

Carefully he helped her back into her chair, a worried look on his face. She murmured a weak “Thank you”.... and she was just about to collect herself enough to think of an excuse for her near-fainting, when Zach said something that made her jaw drop and her eyes widen.

“You should not stand up that quickly, Dr. Brennan. Pregnant women often suffer from hypotension.” His voice was low, as if he wanted to make sure nobody could overhear them.

Brennan blinked. Zach knew? And, what was even more surprising, he had known and never said a word about it. It would have been more Zach-like behaviour to blurt his suspicion out in front of the whole team. Not that she was not thankful that never had taken place.

“You know.” She stated after a moment, when the awkward silence had become unbearable.
“How?” The shock reduced her linguistic abilities to monosyllable words.

“Pregnancy changes the female body pretty fast, although not very obvious. But if you know where to look.... for instance, the pelvic...” Zach started to recite, but Brennan waved it off.

“Okay, okay. I understand.... I should have known you would be able to see it.” Brennan sighed. “Since when do you know?”

“I... looked closer after I saw you eating that sub although you claimed to have gastritis.” Zach admitted, suddenly a little embarrassed.

“Hm-hm.” Brennan nodded. “There is no gastritis.”

“I figured.” Zach gave back, biting his bottom lip. Obviously, he was not sure how to go on from this point.... Personal conversations were not exactly something he had experience with.

“That would be about two weeks.... but you never said anything?” Brennan seemed to be confused.

“Ah.... I.... I made the mistake of asking my sister in front of the whole family how she was doing, when she was pregnant last year. I... did not know that they had not told anybody. Later she told me that she would peel my skin off if I would not learn to keep my mouth shut. She was quite scary, although she usually has no tendency towards violence.
Since YOU on the other hand are trained in martial arts I figured it was safer not to say anything.” Zach quickly rattled off his story, avoiding her eyes.

Laughter bubbled up in her throat. “You were afraid of me?” She asked incredulously.

“And of Agent Booth’s gun, I have to admit.” Zach added, his gaze fixed on a pen on her desk.

“He wouldn’t have shot you.... I think” She said, still smiling.
“Well,... thank you for keeping it a secret, Zach. Angela knows already, but nobody else. So, please don’t say anything. We... want to wait for the next ultrasound before telling anybody.”

“Of course.” Zach quickly agreed. “I would not want to... infuriate you or Agent Booth.”

Brennan chuckled. “Thank you, Zach.... also for catching me.” She suddenly turned serious.

Zach only nodded and added a stiff. “You’re welcome.”

Again, uncomfortable and awkward silence took over until Brennan broke it: “You know, I feel way better now. I think I could take a look at that pattern you were talking about.”

Zach’s eyes lit up in relieve.... patterns on bones... that was safe territory. “Good. I have never seen such a pattern before. I already compared it to many different tools, but I did not find anything that matched.”

Brennan smiled to herself, while she followed Zach out of her office and towards the platform. She should have known that it had not been sheer politeness that kept Zach silent, but fear. She was looking forward to telling Booth .... he was going to have a great time.

Please let me know what you think!
Bones was able to see that the woman in "the truth in the lye" was pregnant, so I figured Zach could too.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:10 am

Posted 01/02/2008 06:58:01 AM
Virpukka

This just gets better and better. I can't wait what will happened when they tell others that she is pregnant. I love this fic so please, please post more soon.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:11 am

Posted 01/02/2008 07:34:51 AM
ToZiKa

Zach figured it out and didn't told anybody.....I can't believe he really could keep a secret for the frst time....but Booth's gun is something he seems to be very afraid of....

Can't wait for them to tell the others....and maybe they can start with the name-thing soon....or they get to know if they will have a little girl or boy?
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 01/02/2008 08:02:50 AM
mereva

Great chapter! And it feels totally right and realistic for me that Zack figured it out (I actually always wondered in another fics with Brennan's pregnancy, why didn't Zack see that immediately - it's his job to recognize such things and he's really good at his job...) And about not saying anyone... well, Booth's gun is something to be taken into account, isn't it? Hehe...
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 01/02/2008 10:25:20 AM
BGWGscienceteacher

I love it. Zack most definitely would keep quiet out of fear, liked the fact he was afraid of both of them, cute. I'm hoping when this all becomes public knowledge that Cullen doesn't react badly. If at all possible please make sure he's nice, PLEASE! PPS
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:12 am

Posted 01/02/2008 11:58:35 AM
CheeseBK

oh, thank you all so much!!! your reviews rock!!! Thanks!

BGWGscienceteacher: cullen is never REALLY mean in my fics

mereva: the scene between zach and bren actually was in my head since the first chapter.

Virpukka, Tozika
I am so glad you like it, thank you so much!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:12 am

Posted 01/02/2008 04:51:56 PM
piratesmiley

GO ZACHY! hehe, I LOVE this chappy, so funny.

I dont care if you don't want to know, dear. But let me tell you, I think it should be twins, a boy and a girl. David and Emily. Razz
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:13 am

Posted 01/02/2008 05:09:16 PM
nane

That was such a lovely chapter. And Zack being too clever for his own good....
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:13 am

Posted 02/02/2008 00:26:05 AM
DBAngelfan

lol poor Zach...very nice
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:14 am

osted 03/02/2008 00:35:08 AM
miller0259

hehe, I love Zach...for some reason, it just seemed right that he would figure it out...
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 11/02/2008 08:57:50 AM
CheeseBK

HA! The story was gone, but now it's back, I found it - wohoo!

I have to apologise for the lack of updates, but the natural enemy of a writer had me tight in its claws: Writer’s block. HUGE writer’s block.

Let’s hope it’s over now and my muse is going to stick around and help me.... hopefully!!!!

Chapter 14

10 days later

Brennan was in a good mood. It was the first day since she had found out she was pregnant that had not started with a run to the bathroom. She had been for lunch with Booth an hour ago and was now sitting at her desk in her office, working on a report... or trying.

The doctor’s appointment was scheduled for half past five in the evening this very day. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, her eyes closed. She was a little nervous, but also looking forward to it. Looking forward to seeing the ultrasound-images of her child, looking forward to hearing the heart beat. And - she hoped – to hearing the words: “Everything looks as it should” or similar from the doctor. That was all she wished for right now, all that counted.
A soft smile appeared on her face when she recalled how Booth had assured her that everything was going to be alright, but still there was nervousness remaining, unsettling her. Unsettling her stomach. She stifled a curse, when she felt the familiar feeling, the sudden urge to vomit.

Quickly she left her office, heading towards the restrooms, trying not to look too suspicious.

A few minutes later, she was looking at her reflection in the mirror, after washing out her mouth and sighed.
She gave her still-flat abdomen an accusing look and addressed the inhabitant: “What good is all that healthy food your daddy is making me eat if you make me throw it up, hmmm?” Despite her words, her voice was soft, gentle.
Then her gaze snapped to her face and she blushed at her own ridiculous behaviour. Talking to a fetus who was still much too small to even have developed ears.... let alone be able to understand her.
She shook her head, but had to smile when she thought of how Booth would react to her behaviour. He would probably call it cute. She called it irrational. But rationality was overrated anyway. Her smile deepened as she left the rest room. Nothing was going to spoil that day.... not even throwing up lunch.

At quarter to five Angela came to Brennan’s office and closed the door behind her. She smiled at Brennan and said: “Hey Bren.... Jack and I are leaving now.... I just wanted to see you before I go. Well.... to wish you good luck for the ultrasound and all.”

Brennan looked at her best friend and returned the smile. “Thank you, Ange.... I am a bit nervous, I have to admit.”

Angela closed the distance between them and pulled her best friend into a tight hug. “Don’t be. Everything will be okay.... and tomorrow you can end that charade.”

“Thank God.” Brennan mumbled. “I am still not forgiving you for the Gastritis.”

Angela chuckled. “Sue me..... Okay, I gotta go. See you tomorrow, Sweetie. Greet Booth, will you?”

Brennan nodded and sighed again. “He’ll pick me up here at five or so.” Not soon enough, she thought.... she’d rather be at the doctor’s already. Angela gave her another hug and waved a good bye before leaving Brennan’s office. The anthropologist stared after her best friend and wondered how long fifteen minutes could be.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a very familiar face appearing in her doorway. “Hi, Bones.”

“You are early.” She said, smiling broadly at him... she was relieved to see him.

He shrugged a little. “I was finished with my work and.... I thought we might as well wait together.”

“You are nervous, too.” She whispered, looking at his posture and the look on his face. He winked at her and gave her a broad smile. “No. Excited.” He corrected her and caused her to smile. Of course, he – the alpha male – did not admit he was as nervous as she was. “Excited.” She repeated and nodded. “I am, too.”

He closed the distance to her desk, pulling her into a tight embrace and whispered in her ear. “Everything is going to be okay, Bones. With the baby, with you and me.”

Then he placed a soft kiss on her lips. “Let’s get going.”

“But we will be early.....” She objected but he silenced her with a kiss. “We can be ner... excited at the doctor’s waiting room, too, can’t we? And there, they even have magazines to read. Something girlish for you and something about cars for me.” He winked at her again and flashed her this charm smile.

She shook her head at his behaviour and nodded. “Fine. I am just going to save this” She pulled back and gestured towards her computer and he nodded, watching her while she completed her work.
“You know, I am so thankful.” He suddenly blurted out and she gave him a startled look.

“For what?” She asked, confused.

“For you. For all this....” His voice trailed off and her breath caught at the gentle and loving expression in his eyes. She closed the distance between them and kissed him gently. “I am, too. Let’s go and have a look at our child.” She said and grabbed her coat.

40 minutes later Brennan was holding Booth’s hand tightly, her eyes fixed on the screen, as were his. There was their baby.... not that you could already see that much. But the sound of the steady heartbeat and the sight of the tiny fetus was mesmerising.

“Our child.” She whispered with tears in her eyes. “Yes.” Booth gave back, his voice hoarse. “Our baby.”

And then she finally heard the doctor say the words she had been waiting for: “It seems everything is alright. So far the fetus is developing as it should.”

Booth squeezed Brennan’s hand and they both sighed in relief. “You were nervous.” She whispered with a shaky voice.

“Yeah.” He gave back, barely audible. Then he pressed a soft kiss on her forehead and whispered. “I love you.”

She tilted her head up and her lips met his for a brief kiss. “Love you too.” She murmured against his lips.

I am already working on the next chapter..... better make use of the muse as long as she is around, right??? She might leave when I am not looking

Please let me know, if you liked it!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 11/02/2008 09:33:47 AM
MissFabulous

Slimey fan speaking over here!

I loved the update!

xxx Missy
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:15 am

Posted 11/02/2008 12:20:12 AM
ToZiKa

Good that everything is alright with their baby.
I loved it how Booth was trying to tell her that he is not nervous....just excited....yeah right....what else....
Can't wait for the next part....feed your muse with a few cookies to keep her going....
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:15 am

Posted 11/02/2008 12:26:04 AM
CheeseBK

next update will come soon... thank you so much for your reviews!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:16 am

Posted 11/02/2008 03:17:13 PM
CheeseBK

Thank you for your reviews, you rock, seriously. Here is the next chapter, wohooo!

Chapter 15

The following day...

Brennan took a deep breath while walking through the park towards the Jeffersonian, trying to calm down. After all, these were her friends.... telling them she was pregnant should not be a big deal, especially since two of them knew already.... but still....it was big, it was life-altering, it was.... so not her to announce her pregnancy to her co-workers. She was sure nobody would ever picture her as a mother. Never.

She glanced at Booth, who was walking next to her and his calm appearance helped her a little. But still there was an uneasy feeling left. She was looking forward to having that child, but still the prospect of telling her colleagues of making it official, making it REAL, scared her.

As if Booth was able to read her thoughts, his hand brushed against hers, intertwining their fingers. “Don’t be nervous, Bones. Angela already knows and Zach too. Everybody is going to be happy for us, don’t you think so?”

She hesitated for a moment, but nodded. “Yeah... but still....”

“We will have to tell them eventually, Bones.... it does not have to be today, but some day we will. You know, at some point it’s kind of hard to keep it secret.” He smiled gently at her and gave her stomach a pointed look.

“I do not show yet.” She said, frowning a little. “It may take another month.”

“Temperance” He whispered, stopping her and drawing her close. “I mean it. It does not have to be today. It’s your decision.”

She sighed. “No. We will do it today. I just wish... I am happy, Booth, I really am. It’s just ... what will people think? I always said I would not want children.... I...” He silenced her with a kiss. “You want this baby?” He whispered, not really meaning it as a question, since he knew the truth. He merely asked to let herself hear the answer.

“Yes. With all my heart.” She gave back, her voice steadier now.

“Then what is there to be afraid of?” He asked, gently pressing a kiss against her temple.

“But it will be public knowledge. What will your family think?” She suddenly blurted out. “Your friends?”

“Bones.... You, this child and Parker are my family. My close family, the people I can’t live without. That’s what matters most. As for my parents and my brother.... they love Parker. Why would they act differently towards our child?” Booth said, his voice gentle.

She leant against his broad chest, inhaling his scent and sighed. “I don’t know... I never met them.”

“You will, Bones. We will visit them some time, okay? And I am pretty sure they will like you and you will like them. And even if not, I love you. Nothing can change that.” He felt how her body relaxed a little.

“When do you want to tell your father, Bones?” He suddenly asked, and she became rigid again. “My father.... I never realised....” Her voice trailed off and she let out a strangled sob.

“What? Temperance, what is it?” Booth urged her to answer, not understanding what had caused her shock.

“Our child is going to have a grandfather in prison. That.... is.... How should I explain that? Your Grandpa is a criminal? And your uncle too.... “ She shook her head, her eyes wide in shock.

“Bones, it does not matter.” Booth said, but she cut him off. “Are your parents going to be able to accept that? My criminal family, my messed up life?”

He pulled back a little, to be able to look into her eyes and his voice was serious when he said: “Your life is not messed up and you did not commit a crime, did you? You are not responsible for what your father did and I am fairly sure that criminality is not hereditary. And nobody thinks less of you just because your background may be a bit complicated. Now stop beating yourself up about things like that. None of this is your fault and I love you just the way you are.” He ended his speech with kissing her deeply.

Booth pulled back a little after the kiss and enjoyed the sight in front of him. Temperance Brennan was a little flushed, her lips slightly swollen and she was obviously speechless, which was indeed remarkable and something he intended to remember forever.

“Any other things you want to talk about?” He asked, smiling at her.

She shook her head, but before he could say anything else, she suddenly blurted out: “You are the best thing that ever happened to me, Booth.” Her words made him feel warm inside, but he shook his head softly and answered. “No, Temperance, you’ve got that one wrong: YOU are the best that ever happened to ME.”

Then he gave her a quick peck on the cheek and said in a cheery voice: “So....are we going to tell people about this baby, or what?”

She smiled and nodded and they resumed walking towards the entrance.

Ten minutes later Cam, Hodings, Angela, Zach, Brennan and Booth were all gathered in Brennan’s office.

Brennan looked at her co-workers, the curious look or secretive smiles on their faces and took a deep breath. Booth, who was standing beside her, placed an arm around her shoulders, supporting her.

“Thank you for coming here. We wanted to meet you, because we have something to tell you.” She started and paused then for a moment. “As you know, Booth and I have been a couple for some time now and.... well.... now ... we...” She stammered, and gave him a pleading look.

He grinned broadly at her and then at the people who were standing in front of them. “We are going to have a baby.” He announced.

“Dude.... Wow.... that’s .... Congratulations!” Hodgins was the first to blurt out, grinning broadly, but after a moment he stopped and looked around suspiciously. “Wait... how come I seem to be the only one who is surprised? This.... is a conspiracy.” The tone of his voice was only half-joking. Booth rolled his eyes at Hodgins’ comment.

Brennan gazed at Zach and Angela, who were smiling happily, but did not bother to feign fake surprise. “I... told Angela.” Brennan admitted. “She is my best friend.”

“You did not tell me.” Jack huffed and gave his fiancée a wounded look.
Angela gave him an apologetic look. “I couldn’t. I AM her best friend.”

Jack nodded, but then he looked at Zach. “Zach figured it out himself.” Brennan supplied, with audible pride in her voice.

Hodgins looked surprised for a moment, but then approval became visible. “Dude... never thought you had it in you.”

Zach gave him a wry smile. “King of the lab.” He murmured.

Brennan scowled. “I refuse to be the subject of that immature competition.”

Hodgins ignored her comment and asked: “But why didn’t YOU tell me, Zach? And you can’t hide behind the best friend’s excuse.... cause you’re my best friend.”

Zach’s eyes widened. “I am?” A small smile appeared on his face. “I... figured it would be a wise decision not to say a single word. My sister ..... taught me better not to talk about pregnancy until it was common knowledge.”

Booth chuckled. “He was afraid of Bones. And my gun.”

Zach winced, but he did not deny it either.

“That leaves Dr. Saroyan. You don’t seem to be surprised. Why is that?” Jack asked the woman. Brennan frowned. “Yeah, why is that?”

“I only found out yesterday. I am sorry, Dr. Brennan... I really did not mean to eaves-drop.... but I overheard you…. Erm….. talking yesterday when we both were at the restroom.” Cam admitted, giving her an apologetic smile.

Brennan’s eyes widened and her mouth formed an “Oh.”

“To whom were you talking?” Angela asked curiously. Brennan suddenly flushed a little and avoided everybody’s gaze. “To the baby.” She admitted, her voice low and somehow embarrassed.... but to her surprise nobody laughed. She felt how Booth’s arm tightened a little around her shoulders.

She looked up in the faces of her co-workers and of the man she loved and all she saw was sympathy and understanding. “That’s so sweet.” Angela finally broke the silence.

Brennan shrugged, masking her surprise. Obviously it was considered normal to have futile conversations with the unborn baby during a pregnancy. Nice to know.

“Well.... Congratulations, Dr. Brennan.” Cam finally broke the silence and approached the forensic anthropologist and even hugged her, then moved on to Booth. “I am really happy for you, Seeley.”

“Thank you, Cam.” Booth answered, somehow moved by his friend’s reaction. And then Angela, Zach and Hodgins did the same, hugged the soon-to-be-parents and wished them their best. And Brennan wondered what she had been worrying about. After all, these people were her family.

oh my god! the squints know and all is well. But you did not seriously think I would have the squints react in a bad way, right?

Please tell me what you think, sweeties!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 11/02/2008 03:57:06 PM
mereva

Great chapter!

(And I'm so glad you're publishing your story on ABY, I couldn't open chapter 15 on ff.net...)
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 11/02/2008 04:02:26 PM
CheeseBK

mereva, thanks for your review.

I had problems with uploading the chapter at ff.net today.... so maybe there's a general problem with the page.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:17 am

Posted 11/02/2008 04:35:57 PM
nane

Those last two chappies are just to sweet. Nervous, sorry, excited because of ultrasound. Brennan talking to the baby and both telling the squints.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:17 am

Posted 12/02/2008 00:34:28 AM
DBAngelfan

*squeees* I love it
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:20 am

Posted 12/02/2008 10:30:01 AM
ToZiKa

Jack was the only one without any idea what was going on around him....
it was totally normal for him to see a conspiracy in that fact....
I hope you plan a trip to Booth's family soon.
Can't wait for their reaction when they hear Booth got another child without being married.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:20 am

Posted 12/02/2008 04:19:00 PM
CheeseBK

hey nane, dbangelfan, tozika
thank you so much for your reviews.... I am glad you liked the past two chapters... I really hope to be able to update soon!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:21 am

Posted 23/04/2008 06:57:26 AM
CheeseBK

Hello everybody.... I know it’s been like forever multiplied with eternity. But, to explain my absence: The past few weeks (make that months) were quite busy for me and I also suffered from writer’s block. So, please, please, please be patient with me.

Thank you for still being interested in this story!

And special thanks to the wonderful AnabellG (AnaG), for beta-ing this chapter – you rock, woman!!!!

Chapter 16

Booth kissed his girlfriend good-bye and was about to leave the Jeffersonian. The thought of telling the squints that they were expecting a baby had not bothered him at all. But he had to admit that the prospect of telling his boss made him a little nervous.

He walked towards the exit of the lab and turned around, to look back at his Bones, who was already bent over a bone that Zach had retrieved like a very eager puppy a few moments earlier. The sight made him smile. God, how he loved that woman..... He took in a deep breath and left the lab.

“Damn.” Brennan muttered. “Where did I....” She shuffled through the papers on her desk for the third time and shook her head, confusion showing on her face.

“Something wrong?” Angela’s voice asked from the doorway.

“I can’t find my notes on the Brookman case. I already asked Zach, but he did not take them. Maybe I took them with me? I don’t think so, but I was so distracted yesterday I might have taken them home with me..” She sighed, shaking her head in disbelief over her own stupidity.

“I guess I’ll just have to drive home and search for the file.” She sighed and reached for her coat. “Good thing I left my car here yesterday.” She mumbled.

“Should I come with you?” Angela asked her best friend. Brennan shot her an irritated look.

“Ange! I am only driving home to look for a file. You’re even worse than Booth.”

Angela raised her hands in mock surrender. “Calm down there, Bren, we’re all friends here.”

“Sorry.” Brennan half-heartedly smiled at her best friend. “I am....”

“Pregnant.” Angela grinned and waved off the apology before it was even voiced. “I understand.”

“Thank you, Ange. I’ll be back soon.” Brennan hurried out of her office.

Booth sat in front of his boss, waiting for him to get off of the phone. He sighed and shifted nervously in his seat, a movement that earned an irritated stare from Cullen. Booth blushed a little.

A few moments later Cullen finished the call and hung up. “So, Booth. to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit? Things not working out with Saunders?

Booth’s eyebrow shot up in surprise and he quickly answered. “No, no, Sir. That’s not it, not at all. Saunders is okay, in fact he is learning very fast. He is a good addition to the team. I wanted to talk about something else.”

The phone rang again and Cullen rolled his eyes. “What, Rachel?” He bellowed in the receiver. “I’d like to be able to talk to my visitors sometime, you know?” Then he listened for a moment and his face showed a bit of a surprise. “How urgent?” His eyes widened a little and Booth nearly jumped when his boss suddenly offered him the receiver. “It’s for you, Booth.”

He stared at the phone in Cullen’s hand for a split-second, and the short moment was enough for him to connect the dots between Cullen’s expression and the word ‘urgent’ and conclude that there was some kind of emergency. One serious enough to interrupt a meeting with his boss. Cold numbness settled in his extremities.

He reached for the receiver, his fingers cold and clammy, and pressed it to his ear. “Booth.” He rasped, then he listened for a few moments and his eyes widened. “Yes.... Thank you, Angela. I will be there soon.”

He lowered the receiver and swallowed hard, then looked his boss directly into the eyes. “Sir, Bones was in a car accident. I need to go…”

“Is she hurt?” Cullen quickly asked, knowing that something had to be wrong. The look on Booth’s face told him as much.

“She’s unconscious and has some bruises. They don’t know anything specific yet. And there is something else, Sir. In fact, I came here today to tell you. She’s pregnant.” He gave his boss a pleading look, wanting nothing more than to rush out of the office and hurry to the hospital.

“Pregnant?” Cullen repeated, obviously surprised. “You did not waste time, hm?”

A weak and nervous smile appeared on Booth’s face. “Yeah, well.” He took in a deep breath again. “Please, can I leave now, Sir?”

“Of course.” Cullen gestured towards the door. “I hope everything’s okay, Booth. Keep me informed.”

“Yes. Thank you, Sir.” Booth answered hurriedly and quickly jerked the door open and ran down the corridor, fumbling for his car keys. He did not bother waiting for the elevator, but hurried down the stairs instead, fear for the woman he loved and his unborn child driving him forward.

Minutes later his black SUV arrived at the hospital and he jumped out of the car to hurry inside.

“Temperance Brennan, brought in after a car accident.” He addressed the young woman at the reception, without a greeting. She looked at him for moment, taking in his appearance and quickly looked for the name on her list. “She’s being examined now. And you are?”

“Her boyfriend. Seeley Booth. Please, can I see her?” He quickly asked.

The woman gave him an apologetic look. “Not without the doctor’s okay.”

“Where. Is. She?” He pressed through gritted teeth.

“Sir, I can’t...” she started, but stopped when the man in front of her leaned forward and whispered in a low and confidential tone.

“Look. She’s pregnant and was in an accident. I have to see her. So, where is she?” Booth tried to muster up a little charm.

“Booth!” He heard Angela’s voice from somewhere behind him and he whirled around. Angela was standing in the door of a room behind him. “Come on, she’s awake.”

“Exam Room 3.” The woman at the reception added, though Booth was already half way there.

“Bones” He sighed when he set eye on her. “Oh, shit.” He added in a low murmur. He rushed to the side of her bed and took her right hand in his. “Hey.” He made and forced an encouraging smile on his face.

She did not smile back, but maybe it would have hurt too much. Her left side looked like one single big bruise.

“Booth.” She whispered and he saw tears form in her blue eyes. “How bad is it?” Booth heard himself ask, his thumb rubbing slow and soothing circles on the back of her hand.

“Dr. Brennan has various bruises on her left side and her shoulder was dislocated, but we were able to relocate it while she was still unconscious....” He was interrupted by Brennan’s weak whisper.

“What about the baby? The baby....” Booth swallowed hard and squeezed her hand gently.

“So far, I haven’t found anything to be concerned about, but you’re not very far along, so I would really like to keep you here for a few days to keep an eye on you and the baby.” The doctor said. Booth and Brennan exhaled in unison. Relieve showed on both their faces. “Of course she will stay for a few days, right, Bones?”

She sighed, but nodded slowly. “Good.” The doctor smiled at her. “You should rest anyway. Those are some nasty bruises you have. and that dislocated shoulder deserves a little attention too. I will come back in a few minutes, alright?” The doctor nodded towards them and left the room.

“Shall I go too?” Angela asked cautiously. “No, stay, please...” Brennan murmured.

Booth shook his head, looking at his bruised and battered girlfriend and sighed. “Temperance, what happened?”

“I..... Ange, please? My jaw hurts” Brennan mumbled.

Angela quickly explained to Booth that Brennan had not been able to find the Brookman file and wanted to search at her apartment for it. But on her way there, a car had smashed her car, right on the driver’s side.

“Oh, Bones, you gave the file to me.” Booth had to smile, despite the situation. Brennan’s lips formed a surprised “oh”, followed by a muttered “damn”.

“Temperance, I am so glad you are okay. You really scared me, baby.” He lowered his head to place a soft kiss on her forehead.

“Don’t call me baby. And kiss me right, won’t you?” She murmured.

“I thought your jaw hurt?” He asked, concerned.

“Well, kiss it better then.” She countered and he grinned at her response..... and obeyed. Angela beamed at them, not in the slightest embarrassed about watching them.

“Ow.” Brennan grimaced and Booth immediately retreated. “I’m sorry.” He cursed himself for kissing her with too much force.

“No. Not you. Get the doctor in here now. It’s my stomach.” Her eyes were wide, her hand pressed against her belly. Booth stared at her for a moment, shocked to his very core by her words, then he ran to the door and yelled for the doctor.

“Sh, sh, sh, Bren, don’t panic. It’s probably nothing, right? Sh....” He heard Angela trying to soothe her best friend behind him.

‘This is a nightmare.’ Booth thought as he watched the doctor and a nurse rush into the room, ushering him out of their way and then exchanging worried glances. “Get the ultrasound ready..... and we need a gynaecologist.” The doctor said and Booth’s heart sank.

I know... quite angsty here..... I am a bad person..... but I hope to be able to update soon!

Reviews make me happy!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:22 am

Posted 23/04/2008 06:12:57 PM
ToZiKa

You can't let us wait so long and then e
leave it like that!
You won't let anything happen to the baby, right?
Everything is gonna be alright.....or at least I hope so.....

Please update asap.....I really can't wait...
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next