Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

+8
mereva
Rike
Nane
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
ToZiKa
CheeseBK
bpaltland
magicstar
12 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007 - Page 5 Empty Re: and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:23 am

Posted 24/04/2008 03:53:36 AM
CheeseBK

I am working on the next chapter, tozika

thank you for your review...
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11652
Say What You Want : Leader of the puritan party...pimp is my right hand man!!!
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007 - Page 5 Empty Re: and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:23 am

Posted 24/04/2008 07:54:27 AM
nane

Yeah, our cliffie queen is back!!! Thanks for the update. Don´t know why your muse took you to this end but sometimes you just wonder.....
I just trust you in making everything ok...someday....LOL
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:24 am

Posted 24/04/2008 12:57:26 AM
Steelmonkey

Just arrived here from the other place today and read this whole fic.

I have to say I'm not a fan of pregnant Bones stories but for this one I will certainly make an exception. It's so well written and believable.

I just hope they're both going to be OK.
Please post again soon I don't know how long I can bear this cliffhanger.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:24 am

Posted 24/04/2008 03:29:11 PM
CheeseBK

thanks for your reviews, sweeties....

and welcome steelmonkey!!!

I already finished the next chapter and mailed it to ana, my beta.... so you wont have to wait toooo long
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:25 am

Posted 25/04/2008 03:28:39 AM
CheeseBK

Oh, the angst, the angst…. I know, I told you… I am a bad person ah, well… let’s see if things turn out well or not, shall we?

Thank you all for your reviews – you rock!!!

And special thanks again to AnabellG (AnaG) who invested so much time into beta-ing this chapter.

Chapter 17

A tired-looking Brennan was lying in a big hospital bed, freshly fluffed pillows under her head and a white blanket tucked tightly around her. Booth was sitting by her side, holding her right hand.

“You know,” she murmured “I’d do anything for our child.”

“Me too, Bones. Anything.” He pressed a soft kiss on the back of her hand.

“It’s not you who’s going to be forced to stay in bed for the next few months, Booth. I dread it. You know how I am. I need something to do, but... but when I thought I’d be losing the baby, it nearly killed me. I want this baby so much.”

Despite the weakness in her voice, he also heard the surprise in it. A soft smile appeared on his face. The unconditional love a parent felt for their child was something new for her. He on the other hand already was a father and knew that he would sacrifice anything – including his own life – for his child.

“Baby, trust me, I know how you feel. And we will see about that staying in bed, okay? The doctor said it is possible you’ll have to stay at home. We’ll just have to wait and see. Maybe our little one is going to behave so that you can do at least a little work in your lab.”

He tried to make light of it, though the prospect of one cranky - because the idea of a forced-to-stay-at-home-mommy-to-be named Temperance Brennan was not at all appealing to him. But – as they both had just learned – they would do anything for this baby.

“It has hardly anything to do with behaviour. The fetus has no influence on this, Booth.” She corrected him, stifling a yawn.

He sighed. “I know. I just wanted you to loosen up a bit. You really need to sleep, Bones. A little rest will do you both good, okay? I’ll be outside. I have to call Cullen. He asked me to keep him informed.”

Brennan yawned again, but when he rose, she held him back, a frown on her bruised face. “Cullen... how did it go, how did he react?”

Booth shrugged. “Uh, he didn’t really have time to react. His secretary put Angela through before I could even explain why I was there. And then.... I just ... I don’t remember exactly what I said. But he knows you’re pregnant and he was very understanding.” He watched her process the information.

“I’ll be back soon, okay?” He gave her an encouraging smile. “You two rest a little.” He winked at her and turned around to leave the room.

“Booth?” He heard her tired voice behind him. “I love you.”

He glanced back at her over his shoulder, a smile on his face. “I love you too.” He answered in a low voice, not sure if she heard it, since her eyes were already closed.

When the door softly clicked shut behind him, a small smile crept on Brennan’s face. “Sleep tight, little one.” She murmured and was asleep only a few moments later.

Booth took in a deep breath, enjoying the feeling of cool air filling his lungs and drowning out that unmistakable hospital-stench.

He took out his mobile phone and hit the speed dial button for the FBI headquarters. After a short talk with Rachel, he was waiting for Cullen to answer the call.

“Booth! How is Dr. Brennan?” Cullen asked without further words of greeting.

“We.... she nearly lost the baby, Sir. The doctors said it was a very close call. But everything looks stable now, thank God. She has to stay at the hospital for a few days, for monitoring. Her shoulder was dislocated and her left side is bruised all over....I am just glad they are alive.”

He quickly explained, his body tensing when he remembered the terrifying moments when they had not known if their child was going to survive or not.

“I understand. I am glad she is okay. And congratulations, by the way.” His boss said.

“Thank you, Sir.” Booth answered.

“You can take the rest of the day off, Booth. And if you need more time, just let me know.” Cullen offered.

“That’s very generous, thank you, Sir. In fact the doctor’s said that Bones may have to stay at home for the rest of the pregnancy. So she may need me from time to time.” Booth added, the thought causing him to grimace.

“For your sake I really hope that won’t be necessary. Pregnant women are moody enough without being confined to bed all the time. And well, Dr. Brennan does not strike me as somebody who handles too much leisure time well.” He heard the humour in his boss’ voice and had to smile himself.

“She hates it. Bones simply isn’t able to be idle for more than one hour. Being forced to stay at home has to be one of her worst nightmares.”

“Good luck then, Booth. My best wishes for her too.” Cullen said and Booth thanked him once again. After finished the call, he stared at his mobile and smiled, thinking back on how this morning he had been nervous about Cullen’s reaction.

He closed his eyes and enjoyed the cool air for a few minutes before he went back inside and the sharp and chemical smell filled his nostrils again.

Now, I hope you’re all happy now!

Reviews would be great! Thanks!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:25 am

Posted 25/04/2008 06:11:33 AM
ToZiKa

At least she hasn't lost the baby....
But I'm not sure that she will survive staying in bed for the rest of the pregnancy.

Can't wait for more.
PPS
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:26 am

Posted 27/04/2008 01:07:09 AM
DBAngelfan

I'm glad they're safe. LOL Cullen so has her pegged
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:26 am

Posted 30/04/2008 04:03:38 AM
CheeseBK

Hello again!!! Thank you all for your patience and of course for reviewing – you are all awesome!

And special thanks to AnabellG (AnaG) who once again invested a lot of time into beta-ing this chapter – THANK YOU!

Chapter 18:

She hated being in the hospital. In the beginning, she had accepted it as a necessity, but after being there for five days she loathed it. The mattress felt too soft, the blanket too warm and the air too dry.

She was thankful that everything remained stable so far, that her child seemed to be healthy, just as it should.... but other than that she simply felt restless. Her shoulder still ached and her bruised left side now bore the most interesting colour combinations. Black, blue, red and some were already turning a sickly-looking green-yellow she found disgusting.

So, she avoided looking into the mirror. She had read just about every anthropological journal she owned and had moved on to parenting guides and books with titles like Your Pregnancy – The Best Time in Your Life.

The kitschy title had made her shudder when Angela had brought the book two days ago. But boredom had conquered over her hesitance and she was engrossed in the book when Booth opened the door to her room.

Cautiously, he looked at her and tried to decipher the look on her face. She put down the book and looked back at him. Silence stretched until she finally asked. “Why are you looking at me like that?” Her voice sounded only mildly irritated, so Booth decided he could try to make a joke.

“That was the mood-o-meter working.” He said, grinning at her.

“The mood-o-meter.” She repeated, astonished.

“Yep. To check in what kind of mood you are.” He flashed her his charm smile. “What have you two been up to?”

She pulled a face. “Oh, we went hiking.” She snorted sarcastically. “What do you think? I’m stuck here. I’m not allowed to leave the bed, so all I can do is watch TV or read.... and frankly, what they show on TV during the day is disturbing. Television programming for children is horrible. It is either too violent or it has no educational value at all.”

“Whoa...calm down, Bones. Our kid is far from watching TV. And about the educational value... you do know it’s called entertainment, right? Not ‘Science in motion pictures’” He quirked an eyebrow at her.

“Children should learn something from what they are watching. You can combine entertainment with education, you just have to put a little effort in it... What?” She questioned him, when she realised he had been watching her with a smile on his face.

“You’re awfully cute.” He said and closed the distance between them to press a kiss to her forehead. “Especially that pony-tail... or what’s left of it.” He tugged playfully at a loose strand of her hair.

Embarrassed her hands shot up to her head and discovered that sometime during the afternoon, all her tossing and turning had turned the formerly neat pony-tail into a mess.

“Why don’t you just let it fall down?” He asked and pried her hands away from the remains of the hair-style, gently removing the rubber band and combing through her hair with his fingers.

“I don’t like it when I am reading.” She answered, enjoying the feeling of his gentle hands massaging her scalp.

“But it looks sexy.” He whispered into her ear.

She jerked her head away from him and his husky voice. “And where’s the use in that? It’s not like we can have sex now.... or any time in the near future.”

“I know, but I still think you look sexy. Especially when you let your hair down.” He winked at her.

“Yeah well.... enjoy the look of that body as long as it lasts. I am going to get fat soon.” She sighed.

“Uh-oh. The mood-o-meter sounds the alarm.” He teased, but when he saw the serious look on her face he took her hand in his and said gently. “Bones, you’re not going to get fat. You’re pregnant and it’s our child growing in there. It’s going to be wonderful. You’re going to be beautiful, no matter what.”

Suddenly she had to smile and said: “You sound like Dr. Andrews.”

He frowned a little. “Who’s Dr. Andrews?”

Temperance lifted the book she had placed beside her. “The gynaecologist who wrote this book. A man, I’d like to add. How come men think they can write books about how a woman feels during pregnancy? That would be like me wanting to write a book about how it feels to have a prostate examination.“

Booth grimaced. “Don’t throw around words like that, Bones.” He stifled a shudder.

“But it’s the same thing.” She insisted.

“What? You compare pregnancy to an examination that could qualify as torture technique? You lost me, Bones.”

“No! I mean, a man writing about how it feels to be pregnant and a woman writing about how it feels to get your prostate examined” – she rolled her eyes when she saw Booth flinch – “that’s the same thing. Writing about something you can’t experience yourself.”

She looked at him intently and had to chuckle when she saw that he obviously was still stuck on the mention of prostate exams. “Don’t be such a baby. We’re only talking about it. How come you men claim to be all strong and flinch at the mere thought of a simple...”

He interrupted her “Don’t say it again, Bones, don’t be cruel. I am sure you don’t exactly enjoy gynaecological examinations yourself.”

“No, of course not.... but do you see me wince just because you mentioned it?” She asked, a challenging smile on her face.

“Fine. You’re strong, I am weak. Can we now please talk about what the doctor said today?”
Booth gave in. Brennan was surprised by his sudden retreat, however the mention of the doctor sobered her and she decided not to wallow in her small victory.

“Nothing so far. I’ve had another examination and an ultrasound today. And they took another blood sample. The doctor said he’ll come as soon as he has all the results, but so far he hasn’t been here.” Her gaze locked on the clock on the opposite wall. “He’s bound to come soon, his shift ends in an hour.”

“How come you know that?” Booth asked, surprised.

“I’ve been here for five days, Booth. I am bored enough to notice things like that.” She gave back and sighed. “You know what? Tell me about what you did today. I am sure it is more thrilling than what I did.”

He smiled at her and pressed a soft kiss to her lips before telling her about how his day had been.

Like it? Hate it?
Reviews would be awesome!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:27 am

Posted 01/05/2008 12:22:54 AM
ToZiKa

She is already getting bored after five days.
How can she ever survive the next five to six months.....
But Booth is trying to make it a little easier for her.....
Can't wait to read more!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:27 am

Posted 02/05/2008 01:41:22 AM
DBAngelfan

me either...post soon!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:28 am

Posted 14/05/2008 03:34:19 AM
CheeseBK

Hello everybody. Sorry it took so long to update again, but I was quiet busy and then Ana did not receive my e-mail with the chapter But I sent it again and here we are

Thank you, Ana, for beta-ing! You’re awesome!

Note: The story is set before the latest episodes (Verdict in the Story and Pain in the Heart) therefore Max is in prison.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 19:

The sound of knocking interrupted Booth. They both looked up when Dr. Timms, the gynaecologist, entered the room. “Hello Agent Booth. Dr. Brennan, how are you feeling today?” He addressed the woman in bed.

“Bored.” Brennan answered, not even trying to soften her tone.

“Bones.” Booth chided half-heartedly. She lifted an eyebrow at him and he sighed. “I understand, alright? But still....”

“I understand your situation as well, Dr. Brennan. I am aware that lying in a hospital bed is not the most thrilling pastime. But it was necessary.” Dr. Timms remarked.

“Was?” Brennan asked hopefully.

“Yes.” Dr. Timms nodded at her encouragingly. “Your and your baby’s vital functions are excellent. You will be discharged tomorrow morning.”

“Oh, thank god.” She exclaimed and then grinned at Booth goofily when he mouthed ‘God?’.

“Figure of speech.” She winked at him and he gave her a quick peck on the cheek.
“I am glad I’ll have you at home with me again.” Booth murmured. She gave him a warm smile, but then her attention returned to the doctor.

“Dr. Timms, how about...” She hesitated for a moment, not sure if it would be considered odd to ask about going to work after she nearly lost her child.

“The last few days I got the impression that you used to be quite a workaholic, Dr. Brennan. Is that right?” Dr. Timms asked with a smile, having gained a little understanding of the forensic anthropologist.

“Uh...” Brennan was not quite sure how to answer, but Booth took over and said: “She is. Totally. She tends to forget to eat over work. Horrible.”

He winked at her and she rolled her eyes. “Not always.” She could not restrain herself from throwing in the objection.

“Well, I must advise you to be careful, Dr. Brennan. Regular meals, make sure you drink enough, preferably water. Your baby was in danger, you know that. Regarding work...my suggestion would be to only work part-time, avoid stress and strenuous work. As soon as you feel disorientated or nauseous, lay down and rest. Furthermore, you should come in for another examination next week, just to be on the safe side. Then we will work out a schedule for the following examinations. Is that okay for you?” Dr. Timms said, his voice serious.

Brennan and Booth looked at each other and nodded in unison. “Thank you, doctor.” Booth said and Brennan hurried to add: “Yes, thank you very much.”

The doctor smiled at them. “We will see each other tomorrow morning, then. Good-bye.” He nodded and left the room. When the door clicked shut, Booth leaned forward to kiss his girlfriend deeply.

“Mhm.” She said a few minutes later. “What was that for?”

“For not arguing. For accepting that you have to cut down your working hours. For thanking God. For being you.” He smiled warmly at her and the meaningful tone of his voice nearly made her eyes water, until she realized what he had said.

“I did not really thank God, Booth. It was merely a figure of speech.” She objected immediately.

“Sure.” He agreed with that patronising tone men so often used on women to avoid further disagreements. Her eyes narrowed upon identifying the timbre, but she decided to let it go.

“I can go back to work tomorrow.” She gave him a wide smile, which faded quickly when he shook his head. “What, Booth? You heard him! I am allowed to work. I just have talk to Cam about details, but I am sure she will be okay with me working only part-time.” She said with agitation in her voice.

“Tomorrow is Saturday. You are not going to the lab on Saturday, Bones. No way. We will enjoy this weekend together and then you can go back to work on Monday.” Booth stated, adamant.

“Tomorrow is Saturday?” She repeated, a stunned expression on her face. “I lost track of time in here.” She murmured, embarrassed.

“That’s perfectly normal, babe. Hospitals are like that.” He squeezed her hand gently. “But you agree with me, right? No work on Saturday. I am looking forward to spending a lazy day with you. Just you and me, how does that sound?”

“Good. But....” She stopped, biting her bottom lip.

“What?” He asked, watching her closely.

“I think we should visit my father. Tell him .... about the baby. And we need to talk to your family soon, too.” She murmured.

“That’s a good idea, Bones. Okay, we will visit your dad this weekend. And we will call my parents and ask them when we can visit them. Hmmmm, you should ask Dr. Timms tomorrow if you’re allowed to go on long car rides, though. It might be better to invite them to visit us than the other way round.” Booth said.

A horrific vision of his family staying in her apartment, disapproving of her artefacts, her style, her furniture – well, of her - flickered through her head. She tried to mask it, but Booth saw it anyway.

“Hey” he whispered “They are going to like you. And if they visit us they can stay in a hotel. I don’t want you to be stressed and worried. I want you to be able to rest and relax, okay?”

She nodded and gave him a thankful smile. “That leaves one person we have to tell.” She said after a moment of silence.

Booth nodded. “Parker.” He sighed. “I am not sure how he’s going to react. You know, he is used to my and Rebecca’s full attention.” He swallowed hard, He hoped that the baby was not going to affect his relationship with his son.

“Don’t worry, Booth. He is a good kid. And to some extent jealousy between siblings is perfectly normal.” Brennan tried to allay his fears.

“I know. I do have a brother, you know.” Booth winked at her. “There were times when I hated him.”

“You don’t say! Me too.” Brennan grinned. “But when it comes to the crash, Russ is always there for me.”

“It’s crunch, Bones. But I know what you mean. I guess I shouldn’t be worrying so much, right? Maybe he is going to be all excited. I remember how he told me about a friend of his, who got a baby brother a few months ago. The boy had been excited, rambling about how he was going to play soccer with his little bro. Parker told me, that he was quite disappointed when his parents said he would have to wait a few years.” He smiled.

“Why don’t we invite him over Sunday? Rebecca cancelled your last weekend with him anyway... she owes us, right?” Brennan asked.

Booth smiled, when he heard how naturally she now used ‘us’ instead of simply ‘you’.
“Yeah, she does.” He said and kissed her again. “I’ll call her.... oh, and I have to buy groceries too, since you’re going to come home tomorrow. What’s the latest craving?”

She grinned. “Cheddar. But don’t buy too much of it. You know how fast we change our mind. For all I know it might be strawberries tomorrow.” She covered her belly with her hand and his eyes followed the movement. He placed his hand over hers. “I love you. Sleep tight and don’t argue with the nurses too much.” He kissed her and rose.

“I don’t argue with them.” Brennan frowned.

“Sure.” That tone again. Her frown deepened. “I swear to God, sometimes I have no idea why I love you.” She said, but they both knew she was only joking.

He winked at her and went to the door and opened it, but before leaving he grinned and said: “You know, babe, for a person who claims to not believe in God you use His name a lot.”

She shook her head “You’re incorrigible. Now go.” He blew her a kiss – however cheesy that might be - and she had to smile. A few moments later her smile slowly faded when she realised she had let him get away with calling her “babe”. Twice.

“Stupid infantile endearments.” She muttered and reached for her book, preparing herself to be enlightened by Dr. Andrews incredible insight in the wonders of pregnancy.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I love reviews. They make me very, very happy.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:29 am

Posted 14/05/2008 04:38:33 AM
Virpukka

Thank God you save the baby.

I was so happy to see new chapter in here, I have been waiting that. I like this fic, you keep the angst and fluff in good balance and that makes me just want more. Hope that you will get your muse write the next chapter with you soon.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 16/05/2008 02:03:01 AM
DBAngelfan

lol at the ending. Glad the baby's okay
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 16/05/2008 08:14:37 PM
A2BOREANAZ

seriously people......i am running out of words for these fics......soon i shall be posting pictures instead of words......cheese..........brilliant as always.....love love loved it............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:30 am

Posted 17/05/2008 08:03:52 AM

ToZiKa

I loved it!
Can't wait to read more
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:30 am

Posted 17/05/2008 01:32:13 PM
CheeseBK

thank you all so much, sweeties!!! the next chapter is already off to ana for beta-ing.... so I guess you won't have to wait long for the update!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:31 am

Posted 17/05/2008 02:09:13 PM
karlia

ADORE this fic!!!Can't wait for more
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:32 am

Posted 29/05/2008 04:18:15 AM
CheeseBK

Hi all!
Sorry for the delay, sweeties. As it is, the chapter was finished for some time, but I am having trouble getting in contact with my beta. *waves at ana, in case she is around*

I didn’t want to leave you hanging for too long, so I decided to put the chapter up as it is..... maybe I’ll post the beta-ed version some time later.

Chapter 20:

They were sitting in the car, both waiting – albeit they were not sure for what. Finally she let out a sigh: “Before we go in, you should know, my father doesn’t even know about... our relationship.”

Booth’s eyes widened. “You haven’t told him? After.... 6 weeks? Not one word?”

She swallowed. “No. It.... How was I supposed to inform him about it? I can’t just play cards with him and then say ‘Oh, and by the way... you remember my partner, who arrested you? Well, I am sleeping with him now.’” She shook her head. “You know I’m not good at those kind of things and spending time with him is awkward enough... without bringing up our relationship. And in these past few weeks I only visited him twice.”

“I know.” He said, keeping his answer short and she knew she had hurt him.

“Booth, please. I love you, you know that. And it’s not that I didn’t want to tell my father... I just had no idea how to tell him, don’t you understand? You two are practically standing on opposite sides...” She looked at him, a pleading tone in her voice.

“We’re not really on different sides, Bones. We’re both on your side.” Booth said softly and she looked at him for a moment, then hugged him fiercely, only to pull back a second later with a pained expression on her face. “Ouch.”

“Your bruises?” Booth asked, gently tracing the line of her jaw with his index finger. She nodded, then hesitated a moment before asking. “Are you mad at me?”

He dropped his hand and looked straight into her blue eyes. “Not really. Telling you it doesn’t hurt a little would be a lie, but I understand why you didn’t tell him. But we gotta be gentle today then.... he’s in for one hell of a surprise. First you go in there with those bruises” he gestured towards her still too colourful face ”then we tell him we’re a couple AND to top it all off, expecting.” He smiled at her. “Make sure to start with the accident... or maybe he’ll think I manhandled you.”

Knowing he was joking, she gave him a pointed look. “As if you stood a chance.” Then she gave him a quick peck on the cheek. “Thank you for not being mad.”

She opened the door and got out of the car. Looking at the building in front of her she took in a deep breath, trying to brace herself. A moment later she felt his strong arm gently surrounding her waist. “No need to be nervous, babe. He’s your dad. He loves you... and I’m sure he is going to be thrilled to get a grandchild.”

Although she drew strength from his assurances, she muttered. “Don’t call me babe.”

He let out an amused snort. “What should I call you then? Sweetheart? Darling?”

“Bones.” She shot back.

“And here I was thinking you didn’t like that nickname.” He grinned broadly while walking towards the entrance, his arm still around her waist, enjoying the feeling of how perfectly they fit.

“Anthropologically speaking, nicknames are either a sign of endearment or mocking. Since you live with me and I am carrying your child I hope you mean it as endearment.” She said.

He stopped and turned towards her, taking her chin in his hand. “I never meant to mock you with it.”

“Not even in the beginning?” She asked, uncertainty in her voice.

He shook his head. “It was always an endearment... from day one. My Bones.” He lowered his head to kiss her, but he should have known she had to object. “I am not yours.” She scoffed.

“I thought we’d talked about that the night you told me you’re pregnant..... babe.” He grinned.

“You remember that? The exact words?” She asked, stunned and momentarily distracted.

“Hello? Federal agent? Trained for interrogations?” He winked at her in a playful way and a smile started to cover her face, but then she noticed that...“You babed me again!” She frowned and her voice held an accusing tone.
He felt how her index finger poked his chest. “You’ve got to stop that. No babe. I’ll let you get away with possessive pronouns, because I agreed to it before in a moment of weakness, but you’ll have to stop using that infantile endearments. I never agreed to THAT.”

He acknowledged the conditions she just had stated with pressing a kiss on the tip of her nose “You’re so cute. And your mine. M.I.N.E.” He laughed when he saw her roll her eyes.
“Don’t worry. As I already told you, I am yours too, Bones. Now let’s get inside and tell your father about our baby.”

They resumed walking and entered the prison.

“Tempe!” Max Keenan greeted his daughter, a broad grin covering his face. “Now that’s a nice surprise.” Then he stopped, taking in her appearance and asked. “What happened to your face?”

“I’ve been in an accident. Don’t worry, it looks worse than it is.” She hurried to explain.

“You’ve been to the hospital?” Her father asked, worry etched in his face.

She nodded. “Yes. They only released me today. But I am fine, it was mostly for monitoring.”

Max Keenan nodded. “I see.” For the first time he acknowledged the presence of the FBI agent who had accompanied his daughter into the room. “Booth. You drove her?”

“Max” Booth nodded and offered his hand. “I’ll take care of her.” It sounded like a promise.
Max shook his hand and both men smiled to themselves when they heard Temperance Brennan’s mutter. “I don’t need anybody to take care of me.”

“Sure.” Booth and Max answered in unison.

“I hate it when you do that.” Brennan shook her head. “That patronising tone is unnecessary and condescending!” She stared from one man to another, challenge in her eyes. “I don’t need anybody to take care of me. I am just fine.”

“You’ve got to excuse her, she’s in a temper.” Booth leaned in a little towards Max and lowered his voice to a confidential tone.

“I’m not.” She huffed. Max and Booth both raised their eyebrows in unison again. “Well, maybe I am.” She admitted after a moment.

“It’s okay, Tempe. You’re mother was just like that too, when she was pregnant with you. Even worse the first time around when she was with your brother.” Max patted her hand.

“You.... what?” Her eyes widened. “What did you just say?”

“That your mother was pretty moody when she was pregnant.” Max grinned, giving her a knowing look.

“How do you know?” She choked out. “Good question.” Booth managed to utter, equally stunned.

“Temperance, you’re my daughter. I knew you were with him....’ He nodded towards Booth. ‘...as soon as you so cleverly started to avoid talking about him. And they way you look at each other – I am not blind. And last time you were here you raced out because you were feeling sick. Twice. And at an energy bar afterwards. And besides those bruises on your face.... you just have that glow. Just like your mother had, when she was pregnant. You’re so much like her.” His voice trailed off and an expression of pain flickered over his face before he was able to hide it.

A strangled sob escaped Brennan and Booth quickly put his arm around her shoulders to support and comfort her. “You okay?” He whispered into her hair and was relieved to feel her nod.

“So you knew all along?” She whispered. Her father simply nodded.
“But why didn’t you say anything?” She asked, confused.

“I knew you’d tell me eventually. When you were ready.” Max smiled at his daughter.

She returned the smile, then suddenly rose and went around the table to hug him. Max enveloped her in his arms, a content expression on his face. “I am so happy for you, my baby.” He whispered into her ear and she let out a sound that could have been a sob or a laugh. Maybe it was both. She did not know, but she did not care either.

After a few moments she pulled back and wiped away the tears that had escaped her eyes. “I am very emotional these days. It’s the hormones.” She explained.
“Of course.” Her father agreed and winked at Booth, who had to grin.

“I think congratulations are in order.” Max smiled at Booth. “Thank you, Max.” The FBI agent answered.

“I’d hug you, too.... You know, with you being the father of my grandchild and all, but I’m not sure you forgave me for kicking you in the... you know.” A sheepish grin covered his face.

“Obviously, there was no permanent harm done.” Booth grinned back and the men met in an somewhat awkward bear hug who lasted for barely a moment.

“You kicked him in the testicles? When did this happen?” Brennan asked curiously, effectively ignoring that both men winced a little.

“When he arrested me.” Max answered. “Old men fight dirty.” Booth agreed and Max shrugged, still grinning. “Yeah, well.”

Brennan looked from her father to her boyfriend and back and shook her head. “How come you two are so comfortable with each other?”

“We understand each other.” Booth explained. “Right?” The last word was addressed at her father.

“Right. Though my understanding may fade if I ever hear you didn’t treat her as well as she deserves. We clear on that?” Max’s voice dropped a little.

“What is it with this family? Why do you constantly have to threaten or blackmail federal agents? That a sport of yours?” Booth shook his head in mock disbelief. “No need to worry. She might be an infuriating woman sometimes, but she’s my woman.” He winked at her. “Right, Bones?”

She shot him a death glare, but let out a resigned: “Right. Though I object on the infuriating part. Just because you and I have different believes and...”

“Oh, shut up.” He said and kissed her soundly. “Works every time.” He muttered under his breath, when she indeed was silent after his kiss. “Jerk.” She grumbled and caused her father to laugh.

“God, you still pout the same way you did as a kid.” Max remarked.

“Cute, isn’t it?” Booth asked, grinning broadly.

“Oh, please, cut it out. You two are giving me a head-ache!” She said and shook her head, but despite her words she was pleased to have these two men in her life. After all, they let her feel loved and welcome and she had missed that feeling for most of her live.

But silently she addressed the baby, thinking: ‘Let’s hope you’re a girl. I sure need some reinforcement against those two.’

Reviews would be awesome.

Ana, if you read this: I tried to e-mail and pm you several times..... maybe you could just drop me a line? Thanks a lot!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:32 am

Posted 29/05/2008 12:26:24 AM
nane

Such a lovely chapter. Brennan and her men.....
I love the "you babed me..."
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:33 am

Posted 30/05/2008 02:59:40 AM
CheeseBK

hi nane,
thanks so much for your review!!! I will try to update more regularly now!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:34 am

Posted 30/05/2008 08:17:15 AM
Turi ray of sunshine

CHEESE!! an updated here! so sorry I forgot to review
But I think it's a sweet chapter her wanted the baby to be a girl it's just sooooooo cute!!!! LOL.
WEll look forward to the next chappie when you can
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:34 am

Posted 01/06/2008 12:49:21 AM
ToZiKa

A girl would be nice.
Although I think that another cute little Booth-boy would also be just adorable.....you only have to think about Parker....
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:35 am

Posted 04/06/2008 06:57:16 PM
saraluvzbonz

It's been a while since I last read this story and you added a bunch of chapters since then. And I would like to say... you're doing a great job.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaltland Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:33 pm

very good job. please post more!! Very Happy
bpaltland
bpaltland

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:46 pm

hi bpaltland, WELCOME TO THE ABY!!!! thank you so much!

I will try to update soon, but I have other ongoing stories too and that nasty little thing called real life interferes all the time Wink
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next