Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

+8
mereva
Rike
Nane
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
ToZiKa
CheeseBK
bpaltland
magicstar
12 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007 - Page 6 Empty Re: and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

Post by ToZiKa Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:52 pm

Damn cheese.....you got me.....thought there was a new chapter......damn....can't wait to read more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007 - Page 6 Empty Re: and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

Post by CheeseBK Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:34 pm

I aim to please Wink
New chapter coming up Wink Wink Wink

Thank you all for your wonderful reviews and your patience! You’re awesome.

Chapter 21:

“Oh my God, he knew?” Angela asked incredulously. Brennan winced a little, since her best friend’s surprised exclamation got enhanced by the speaker of her phone to a painfully load squeal.

“Yeah. He just waited until I was ready to tell him.” She confirmed what she had told Angela earlier about her father.

“And no hard feelings towards Booth?” Angela asked curiously.

Brennan shook her head, then remembered that Angela was not able to see her. “Not at all. They act like best friends. It was....” She was at a loss for words.

“Creepy?” Angela suggested and Brennan had to chuckle. Leave it to her best friend to come up with such an apt interpretation. “Yeah, something like that.”

“Ah, you love it that they get along like that, right?” Angela asked.

“Sure. I don’t understand it, but I’m glad.” Brennan answered and reached for a piece of cheddar. “Bah.” She made, after biting a bit off.

“What?” Angela asked concerned.

“Nothing. I thought I wanted cheddar, but now that I ate a little I don’t want it anymore. This is driving me insane, really.” She grumbled and pushed the plate with cheese away.

She heard Angela’s barely stifled laugh. “Not funny.” Brennan said.

“Sorry, Sweetie. But you’re kind of cute, all moody and that. How does Booth get along with that? Is he there?” The artist asked.

“He’s taking a shower. And he really is patient, I have to admit.... though I sometimes forget to appreciate it.” Brennan sighed. “I’m already anti-social without being influenced by pregnancy hormones, Angela. I don’t know how he’s going to be able to put up with me. And meeting his family kind of scares me.”

“Number one, you’re not anti-social, Sweetie. A little rusty, maybe, but that doesn’t matter. He loves you just the way you are, no matter how moody and broody you’ll be. And number two, his family better likes you or I’ll come and show them just what kind of best friend I can be.” Angela said cheerfully. Her words caused Brennan to laugh. “You’re a good friend, Angela. Thank you for cheering me up whenever I need it.”

“That’s what best friends are for, Sweetie. Whenever you need somebody to talk to, just call me or come over.” Angela answered, touched by Brennan’s unusual honest and open response.

“I know. Thank you.” Temperance Brennan took in a sharp breath.. “Maybe I’ll need your support tomorrow. We’re going to tell Parker.” She exhaled slowly.

“He’s going to be thrilled. A little sibling to bully around.” Angela giggled.

“Ange. I’m serious!” Brennan chided.

“I know, I know. Sorry. But really, I think he’s going to take it well, don’t worry too much. He really likes you. I mean he’s only known you as his father’s girlfriend for a few weeks and already totally accepted you, right?”

Brennan felt warmth flood her upon hearing Angela’s words. “Yes, he seems to be content with me being his father’s girlfriend. But... that’s exactly it, Angela. He barely had time to get accustomed to the situation and now there’s going to be another change that quickly.” She sighed and let herself sink back against the cushions of her couch.

“Why quickly? You’re only telling him about the baby, it’s not going to be born any earlier because of that. He has months to get used to the idea of being a big brother. Have a little faith, Bren.” Angela said in a soothing voice.

“You’re right. I mean... it’s still more than 5 months until the baby will be born. Plenty of time. Nearly half a year.... “ Brennan mused and eyed the cheddar again. Suddenly it looked very appealing again.

“That’s the spirit, Sweetie.” Angela cheered. “Although in case the little one inherits your impatience it might not want to wait that long and sneak out a few days earlier.”

“Sneak?” Brennan laughed humourlessly. “There is nothing sneaky about a baby being born. Thinking of the birth scares me. I know women give birth everyday and it’s nothing extraordinary, but....”

“You’re nervous. I understand that. And of course it is something extraordinary. It’s going to be your first child, that’s pretty much as extraordinary as it can get.” Angela interrupted her.

“First? It’s not even born yet and you talk as if I might want more?” Brennan exclaimed.

Angela chuckled. “What can I say. I love babies.”

“Go make your own!” Brennan grumbled and plopped a piece of cheddar in her mouth. Why on earth had it tasted bad earlier? It was pure bliss!

“Oh, I will do that, no doubt about it. But first I’m going to test my abilities a little by playing Auntie Angela.” Angela said.

“My baby is not going to be your guinea pig.” Brennan said, after swallowing down a mouthful of cheese.

“Hey, hey, don’t confuse me with Jack. I’m not the one making experiments all the time. I’ll be the awesomely cool and understanding aunt .... well as long as the baby is in a good mood, anyway. And in case it cries, stinks or burps you’ll get it back immediately.” Angela laughed.

“Thank you so much.” Brennan said sarcastically. “Thank God I have Booth.”

“Oh, I love it when you say that.” A husky male voice from behind her startled Brennan.

“Booth! Don’t sneak up on my like that!” She gasped and half-turned, then a sly smile appeared on her face when she gave him a once-over, her eyes settling on the towel, which was all he wore. He winked at her and she had to grin.

“Oh, Booth’s out of the shower already? Is he wearing clothes or not? Because if he’s not, hang up and go grab him. I sure as hell would understand.” Angela giggled.

“Yes, he is. No, he is not. And thanks for understanding.” Brennan answered courtly and cut off Angela’s delighted laughter.

“What was that about?” Booth asked.

“Oh, she said I should go and grab you.” Brennan answered truthfully, mischief glittering in her eyes.

“Mhm.” He grinned. “Sounds promising.” Then he suddenly turned serious again. “But, you’re in no condition for the things I’d love to do with you, still bruised all over. And the doctors said you’re not allowed to have sex the next few days.”

She hooked one finger in the towel around his waist and dragged him near her. “It’s not always about me, right?” She dropped a kiss on the smooth skin of his stomach and heard his quick intake of breath.

“Temperance, you don’t need to...” He stuttered and stopped.

She smiled up to him. “Maybe I want to. Better enjoy this mood, Booth, you know how fast they change these days.” She tugged at the towel and sent it tumbling to the floor.

Okay ..... you all know what happens now, right? Wink no need to go into details (I can’t write smut, so pu-lease use your imagination).

Reviews would be GREAT!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:35 pm

Okay imagination it is.....give me a few moments.....
Enough....I might never come back to reality.....

But I wanted to talk about the chapter, not my fantasies...
I really liked this chapter and I can't wait to read more soon.
The best part I think was the last part of her conversation with Angela....although I liked the whole talking...

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi sweeties. Thank you for your reviews. Glad you liked the little smut-piece and I sure hope your imagination filled in the blanks Wink

Here we go.... chapter22 is ready!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 22

“When are they going to be here?” Brennan asked Booth, anxiety in her voice.

“No need to be so nervous, Temperance. He is my son, not some monster.” Booth soothed her. “And they should be here any moment.”

As if on cue, the door bell chimed and Booth walked out of the kitchen to answer it. Brennan closed her eyes for a moment and took in a deep breath. It was going to be alright. Right?

“Daddy!” She heard Parker’s merry voice from the living room. “Hey buddy. Hi Rebecca.”

Brennan absently stirred the sauce for their lunch, straining her ears to be able to make out what was going on. Faintly, she heard Booth’s voice. “Parker, Bones is in the kitchen, preparing lunch. Will you go and help her? But don’t forget to wash your hands, okay, buddy?”

A few moments later, Parker appeared in the doorway, a huge smile plastered on his face. “Hi Bones! What are you cooking?” He asked. “I’m preparing sauce carbonara and spaghetti, Parks.”

“Yummy.” The body made as he washed his hands. “Daddy said to help you.”

“Mhm” She mumbled, faintly catching Rebecca’s and Booth’s voices from the living room. She knew Booth was telling her about her pregnancy and that they were going to tell Parker later. Brennan knew it was only fair and also necessary to let Rebecca know.... after all, Parker might have questions when he came home this evening and Rebecca should be prepared. A few hours should be enough for her to come to terms with it. Or not.

Brennan moistened her dry lips... Would his ex be angry that he was going to have a baby with her?

Brennan could of course not care less about Rebecca’s feelings.... but she knew that Parker would need his mother’s acceptance of the situation to be able to love and accept his younger sibling, too. She nervously fingered the necklace around her throat.

“Bones? What should I do?” The voice of Booth’s son startled her and she quickly shook her head as if to clear it of her thoughts. “Sorry, Parker, I was distracted. You know, you could help me prepare the salad. Just take the leaves and tear them apart like that.” She showed him how to reduce it to smaller pieces.

After a some time, she suddenly heard the voices come nearer and she looked over her shoulder just in time to see Booth and Rebecca appear in the doorway.

“Hello Rebecca.” She greeted the other woman. “Hi” Rebecca said. “Parker, I’m going to leave now.” His mother said and bent down to give him a kiss. “Bye, mommy.” The boy mumbled, eagerly tearing leaves apart. When his mother straightened again, her gaze connected with Brennan’s and the forensic anthropologist was surprised to see a warm smile on the other woman’s face. “I’m happy for you two. I know this time is not always easy, so if you need somebody to talk to, just call me.”

Brennan’s jaw dropped in disbelief and her eyes widened. For a moment, she was speechless. She had hoped for Rebecca’s acceptance, but never had she thought the other woman would actually offer support.

After a moment of silence she was able to compose herself and cleared her throat. “That’s really nice. Thank you. I might take you up on the offer.”

“No problem. Seeley, please make sure Parker’s at home before six.” The blond woman addressed Booth and he simply nodded.

“Bye. Have fun.” Rebecca said to all of them and left the living room, waving at her son. “Bye, mommy.” Parker said once more, still busying himself with the salad, who was reduced to little bits and pieces. “Good bye, Rebecca.” Temperance added a little late, still numbed by the shock over the other woman’s kindness.

“Buddy, you can stop now” His father said. “We want to be able to catch it with a fork not suck it through a straw, you know.” Parker gave the bowl filled with salad a disappointed look. He obviously had been enjoying himself. “Okay.” He mumbled.

“Come on, Parks, you can help me setting the table. But wash your hands first.” Seeley said to his son.

Booth used the few moments Parker was occupied with trying to get rid of the remains of salad still clinging to his little hands and tenderly hugged his girlfriend from behind. “Everything’s going to be alright” He murmured in her ear. “Becca took it well and Parker will too.”

“I love you.” She gave back in a low murmur and he placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

“Ew.” Parker frowned at them. Booth loosened his grip on Brennan and turned around to look at his son. “What’s ew here, little man? Watch out or you’re going to get kissed too.”

“Catch me.” Parker grinned. “No.” Booth shook his head. “Lunch’s nearly ready and we’re going to set the table now.”

But when the boy moved within the reach of his hands he gently grasped him and planted a kiss on his cheek. Parker wriggled in his arms. “Not fair, Daddy.” He giggled, when Booth tickled him.

“You’re not going to say ‘ew’ again when I kiss Bones?” Booth kept on tickling him. Parker gasped for air, giggling. “Stop, Daddy, stop. Won’t say it again.”

Booth stopped and grinned at his son. “Prove it.” He stepped away from the boy and enveloped his surprised girlfriend in his arms and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“Ga.” The boy commented.

Booth opened his mouth, but stopped when he saw Temperance laugh.

“He’s smart. He did’nt say ‘ew’. It sounded more like ‘ga’. Let him.” She winked at Booth and turned towards the boy. “Come here, Parker, I need you to tell me if the sauce tastes good.” She pulled back from Booth’s embrace and motioned for the boy to come near her.

Booth stood back and watched his pregnant girlfriend and his son, tasting the sauce, adding a few herbs until they were satisfied with the result. He was convinced his life was as close to being perfect as it could get.

Then he started to set the table for three. In his mind, he could already picture a high chair beside the three chairs and smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After they had had lunch and the kitchen was all cleaned up, they moved to the living room. Brennan sighed when she leant back against the cushions of her couch. “You okay?” Booth asked concerned.

She nodded. “Yeah.... just... a little tired, that’s all.” She reached over to him and covered his hand with hers. She knew what was going to come now.... and she was nervous.

He gave her a warm smile and turned his gaze towards his son. “Parker, we have tell you something.”

“Okay.” The boy simply said, looking at his father.

“Parker, you know Bones has been my girlfriend for some time now. You like her, right?” Booth started gently. Parker nodded. “Uh-uh. She’s cool. And funny.” A smile blossomed on Brennan’s face as she heard Parker talk about her.

“Well, Parker... Bones and I are going to have a baby.” Booth said and watched his son intently. Parker blinked and remained silent. “You’re going to be a big brother.” His father continued.

“Cool” Parker commented. “Where is the baby?”

“Ahm...” Booth swallowed, but now the woman beside him took over. “It’s in here, Parker.” She gently covered her womb with one hand. “You can’t see it yet, it’s so small. The baby has to grow, you know.”

Parker frowned, obviously thinking hard. “How did it get there?” He finally asked and Booth paled a little. Temperance cleared her throat beside him. She could of course explain it scientifically, but somehow she knew that Booth would not approve..... and Parker was too young to really understand anyway. Booth swallowed hard, opening his mouth, but Brennan was faster.

“When a man and a woman really love each other they can make a baby. But the baby still has to grow and needs a warm and safe place, you know. That’s why it’s going to stay in here until it is ready to be born.” She explained slowly, not sure if she had managed to phrase it suitable for a six-year old. She watched the boy, who frowned again in concentration. She felt Booth squeeze her hand gently and knew he approved of her explanation.

“When is it ready?” Parker asked after a few moments of silence.

“In spring next year, Parker.” Booth answered.

Parker’s eyes widened. “But that’s forever away! I’m going to be seven then. Can’t the baby hurry a little?”

Booth chuckled. “No, buddy, that’s not possible. Sorry.”

“Hm.” The boy made, his face once again wearing a thoughtful expression. “Do I have to share my toys?” He asked after a few moments and gave his toy cars a worried glance.

“No, buddy... Only if you want to. And the baby is not going to be playing any time soon. You know in the beginning babies can’t do all that much. You remember what Kenny told you about his little brother, right?” Booth’s voice was gentle.

Parker nodded eagerly. “His brother sleeps a lot. And cries. And stinks. Is your baby going to stink too?”

Brennan had to smile and nodded. “From time to time. That can’t be avoided. Babies have to learn everything, you know. They have to learn to speak, learn to walk, learn to go to the toilet. That takes time.”

The boy nodded again. “Can it be a girl? Cause girls play with dolls and I never have to share my cars.”

“I wouldn’t count on that, Parker. I never liked dolls, when I was little. And we will see if it is going to be a boy or a girl. We don’t know yet.” Brennan answered.

“I’ll be a big brother.” The boy said. “Right?”

“Yes. You’re going to have a little sister or a little brother.” Booth added. “You okay with that?”

“Uh-uh.” Parker nodded. Then his gaze settled on Brennan’s still pretty flat belly, then he looked at his father again. “But.... you’re still my Daddy, right?”

“Of course, Parker. I’m your Daddy, I’ll always be.” Booth opened his arms and Parker stepped into this embrace. “I love you Parker and nothing could ever change that.”

“I love you too, Daddy.” Parker said. “And you, too, Bones.” He added after a pause.

She drew in a sharp breath and blinked back tears. “I love you too, Parker. You’re going to be a great big brother. The baby is going to be so lucky to have you.” She said, her voice thick with emotion.

Parker looked at her. “Why are you crying?” She just smiled at him. “I’m happy.”

“But happy people laugh. You have to laugh.” Parker explained. “Sad people cry.”

Booth winked at his son. “Those are happy tears, Parker. Sometimes you feel so happy you mix it all up, you know?”

“You’ve got to tickle her, Daddy, then she’ll laugh.” The boy suggested.

“Hmmmmm, I don’t know. How about... tickling you?” Booth answered with a mischievous glitter in his eyes and the boy started to giggle before he even had started to tickle him.

Okay, sweeties... please let me know what you think. Like it? Hate it?
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:34 pm

that went surprisingly well...
Rebecca seems to be more than okay with the pregnancy and Parker is happy to be a big brother soon.

I like it.
PPS

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:03 pm

Hi sweeties. Thank you for your review, tozika and your patience. It’s been way too long since the last update, I know, but my life's been pretty busy these past weeks.
Glad you think I described Parker’s reaction in character for a six-year-old.
Please note: I’m ignoring the Season 3 finale Wink
Here we go, chapter 23 is ready! Hope you'll like it!

Chapter 23:

“Really?” Angela asked her best friend. Brennan nodded. “Yeah,... he asked how it got there.” She had to giggle. “You should have seen Booth’s face.”

“Shocked?” Angela grinned. They were both sitting on the couch in Brennan’s office, drinking tea.
“Terrified!” Brennan grinned back at her best friend. “But I think I explained it in a suitable way. Parker was really very grown-up about it.”

“He’s a cutie. But that’s not surprising, he’s Booth’s kid.” Angela winked at her best friend and Brennan shook her head. “Don’t you ever dare to tell Booth he is cute. He already has an ego the size of Texas. No need to encourage him. Although you’re right... he is cute... sometimes.”

“Thank you very much.” A male voice from behind them startled the women.

Booth winked at his girlfriend and chuckled at the expression on her face. “Ah, come on... the size of Texas? You’re exaggerating.”
“Am not.” She shook her head. “What are you doing here?”

“Am I not allowed to visit you?” Booth asked innocently.

“No.” She answered. “Not only one hour after dropping me off here. That would be stalking, not visiting.”

He rolled his eyes at her retort. “Stalking, my ass. We’ve got a case. Saunders is getting Zach. I thought I could use the time Zach takes to get his things together to visit my girlfriend. What a stupid idea.” Despite his words he grinned at her.

“I was just telling Angela about our talk with Parker yesterday.” Brennan said.

“I heard. Thanks for the compliments by the way, Angela.” Booth smiled at the artist and she beamed back at him. “Should I leave you two lovebirds alone?” She asked, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

“No. We’re not lovebirds here, we’re professional. You know that.” Brennan frowned at her best friend.

“So you admit to be a lovebird elsewhere? Pregnancy is making you soft, Bren.” Angela giggled.

The frown on Brennan’s face deepened. “That’s not at all what I said.”

“I was just kidding. But I better go anyway... I have lots of work to do. When are you going to leave today, Bren?” The artist rose and gave her friend a questioning glance.

“I’m going to pick you up for lunch and drop you off at home.” Booth addressed his girlfriend.

“I thought you were going to a crime scene?” Brennan asked. “You can’t know how long it will take. And you have work to do. I can get home all by myself, you know. I have a rental car until mine is repaired.”

“I know that. But you’re going to forget the time over work. And you’re not allowed to work the whole day. Come one, Bones... be reasonable.” Booth tried again.

“I’ll have lunch with Angela and then drive home with my rental car. No need for you to interrupt your work, Booth. I promise not to work longer than allowed. Besides, Angela is going to make sure I don’t work too much, right, Ange?”

“You can count on that. And if I have to drag you to your apartment by myself.” Her best friend nodded in agreement.

Booth scowled and sighed. “Okay, okay. You know I don’t do that to make you angry...I’m just... worried. The last time you drove alone...” He left the sentence hanging.

“Booth, it was an accident. Accidents happen. We might get into an accident with you driving. Would you refuse to ever drive a car again after that?” Brennan answered calmly.

“No... I’m just...” Booth’s shoulders slumped a little in defeat.
Brennan rose and met his gaze. “You’re trying to protect us. That’s okay. But you can’t always be there, Booth. And I have to be able to breathe, okay? I won’t work too long. I’ll drive carefully. I wont forget to eat and I won’t do anything to endanger our baby. You’ve got to trust me.”
She closed the distance between them and put a hand on his arm. The small contact was not enough for him, so he pulled her into a light embrace.
“You’re right. And I trust you. But you can’t blame me for worrying about you and the baby.” He whispered into her ear, inhaling the scent of her hair.

Angela watched the couple with a tender smile. When Booth released his girlfriend, Angela saw that Brennan’s eyes were brimming with tears.
Knowing how much her best friend hated to show her pregnancy-enhanced emotions – Bren tended to equal them with weakness – she teased “I see, you’re really 100 percent professional. Your restraint is enviable.”

Her attempt on distracting Brennan worked and earned her an annoyed look of both of them. Angela just smiled.

“Booth!” Agent Saunders’ voice drifted towards them from outside Brennan’s office. “We’re ready to go.”

“Coming.” Booth shouted back. “Be careful.” He whispered to his girlfriend and brushed a soft kiss over her lips. Then he stepped back from her and strode towards the door. “See you later.”

“Bye Booth.” Angela said cheerfully and grinned at her best friend. “Now, if that was a professional work-related conversation I’ll go grab my fiancé and discuss something with him.” She used air-quotes on the word ‘discuss’.

“Ah, stop it, Ange. Of course we can’t stay totally professional. But we can at least try.” Brennan explained.

“I know, Sweetie. I was just teasing you. I’ll leave you to your paperwork now... Don’t forget we’ll have lunch together, okay? See you later.” Angela walked out of Brennan’s office.

The forensic anthropologist gave the paperwork on her desk a long look and sighed. It had been bad enough not to be able to go out to crime scenes with Booth anymore... but now she had to make sure not to work the whole day as she had been used to, not to stand for hours.
So, working on remains was pretty much out of question. She briefly closed her eyes and imagined how her life would be, if she wasn’t pregnant and Booth and her were not a couple.

She shuddered at the mere imagination... no, she wouldn’t want to go back... but that didn’t change the fact that she loathed paperwork.

“The things I do for you...” She muttered, not even noticing she was once again talking to her unborn child.

Did you like it? Reviews would be wonder-awesome Wink !
Thanks to everybody who’s still reading!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:30 am

It's so cute when she is talking to the baby.....
And I like Booth all alpha-male and trying to protect her and the baby all the time.
I really hope that here will be another chapter soon!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:18 pm

LOL ego in the size of Texas...LMAO.....so funny..
but totally adorable how Booth is so protective and all.....
Loved the chapter
PPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:34 pm

thank you two for your reviews Wink
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Nane Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:09 am

oh, there was an update too...

Let me say, it is so lovely to read. Both have such a soft side. This story could go on forever.... will it?
Nane
Nane
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1035

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi. Some of you may still remember this story. I know it’s been a long time, but I really do intend to go on with my stories.

I hope you’ll like it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24:

“What names do you have in mind?” Angela asked her best friend, while she watched with increasing respect, how much a mommy-to-be could eat. Somehow she was glad, that her best friend was going to pay for lunch. Her appetite sure was getting expensive. Though she had to admit, the burgers had been delicious. And the fries weren't half-bad either.

“Names?” Brennan frowned at her.

“Yeah, sure. Guess you won’t call the baby ‘baby’ for all his or her life. Might get embarrassing at some point, especially if it’s going to be a boy.” Angela smirked and bit into a fry.

“I thought maybe you meant the last name.” Brennan sighed. “Which continues to be topic of our discussions.”

“Why? How many options are there?” Now it was Angela’s turn to frown.

“Well, there is Brennan. Brennan-Booth, Booth-Brennan or Booth.” The forensic anthropologist counted them off. “Which means four choices.”

“See, that’s why Baby wouldn’t work. Baby Brennan-Booth. Way too many Bs.” Angela smiled at her best friend.

“Ange, I’m serious.” The other woman let out a frustrated sigh.

“You want my opinion?” Angela asked cautiously. “Sure” Her best friend nodded. The one word she had managed to press out between the fries in her mouth came out pretty muffled…. And gave Angela a not-so-pretty sight of munched fries.

“Ew, Bren. Ever heard of chewing with a closed mouth?” Angela teased her friend. The pregnant woman shot her a death glare. “Wheeew, ease up, tigress. I was making a joke. You’ll get my opinion, but you’re not allowed to yell at me – especially not with fries in your mouth – and not allowed to beat me.” Angela covered her bases.

Brennan gave her an annoyed look, even emphasised it with a quick roll of her eyes.

“Okay. I wouldn’t go for a double last name. I know this is probably your first choice, seeing as it would be fair to include both your names, bla-bla. But in the end, you gotta keep in mind what’s best for your child, right? First, I think that double names are unnecessarily long. You’ve both got nice short last names… why burden the little one with a double name? And secondly, I’m thinking of Parker.” Angela said.

Brennan’s eyes widened. “Pawka?” Remembering that Angela wouldn’t want another sneak peek at half-munched fries, she slapped her hand in front of her mouth and the boy’s name came out pretty muffled.

Angela nodded. “Yes. I think if he’s got the same last name as his little brother or sister it would kind… of… help them bond. It’s going to be hard enough for him with all the changes, as you said already… but that would be something he could share with his little brother or sister. You know it kind of helps the whole ‘family-feeling’ along.”

Brennan’s eyes narrowed. She took a sip of her lemonade and swallowed down the fries. “Which means you’d opt for Booth.”

Angela nodded cautiously. “I know that’s not your first choice and I know you think that I – as your best friend – should support you, but you asked for my opinion and…”

“Actually, I think you’re right. Those were pretty good points. I never thought a double name could be kind of a burden, but you’re right. It’s just not necessary. And I bet Booth will agree with the fact that it might be better for Parker, easier for him to bond with the baby. After all, he also has his father’s last name and not Rebecca’s although he doesn’t live with Booth. I’m the mother and names won’t change a thing about it.” Brennan mused.

“Thanks, Ange. That was helpful.”

Angela gave Brennan a surprised, but also approving look. “Great. How about first names?”

Brennan sighed. “I don’t know. Well, maybe now that we’ve established the last name it’s going to be easier…. And maybe Booth’s going to give me credits for using his name. I’d like a name with meaning behind it, you know? There are many cultures who were very inventive and thorough regarding giving names. For instance, some tribes in Africa give their children a “childhood name” and after they hit puberty and character and looks have stabilised, they get their “adult name”. I think this is a very interesting way…. But of course in our society not practicable. But still, I want to invest time into choosing a name with meaning, not only something that sounds good.” She explained.

“I think it’s a great idea, Bren. You’ve got time and the baby’s going to have the same name his or her whole life. Better choose wisely.” Angela nodded.

“Or she or he changes it, as you did.” Brennan smiled at her best friend.

Angela laughed. “Oh, I can’t see you being happy with you kid getting a new name cause he or she has been told to change it in a dream.”

Brennan frowned. “We will see.” She sighed again. “You know, I’m still not entirely comfortable with this being a mother-thing. I mean, I want the baby… but I don’t know anything about being a mother. And though I know that maternal instincts should help me, I’m … afraid.”

“Aw, sweetie… but that’s just normal, don’t you think? This is a huge change in your life, a big responsibility, but you’re going to get used to it in no time. And you’ve got Booth. He won’t let you bore the baby to death with bedside stories about digs in Ecuador.” Angela tried to cheer her up.

Brennan gave her friend a sly smile: “I thought these stories were supposed to be boring to get the child to sleep?”

Angela grinned. “Yeah, but there’s boring - like… uh, a fairytale you’ve heard ten times - and there’s boring, - like, look, little one, this is the scapula, this is the ulna, and so on… God, I can already see your child playing with a anatomically correct doll.” She grinned. “I bet you’re all against Barbie.”

“Who’s Barbie?” Her best friend gave her a questioning look.

“No, no, no. You do know what I’m talking about, right? This is a joke? Come on, Bren, you’ve got to know Barbie? And Ken?” Angela nearly begged.

“Ah… I think I know what you mean. These anatomically very incorrect little dolls. Blondes with very big breasts and practically no waist… and legs twice as long as they should be. I don’t see why children should be playing with something that has so little educational value.” Brennan stated, popping the last remaining fry into her mouth.

“Ha! I’ll remind you of that when you’ve got a whining four-year-old at home, that wants exactly THIS DOLL, mommy!” She mimicked the high-pitched wail of a little girl.

Brennan’s eyes widened. “You want to spoil this, right?”

Angela grinned and shook her head. “Nuh-uh. Just want you to be prepared.”

Brennan snorted. “Hmpf.” Then she noticed something that she found very interesting. “Angela… are you going to eat those fries?”

The artist gave her best friend one long look and decided not to fight with the hungry monster. “You can have ‘em.” She gestured for the other woman to take them.

“Ahhh.” Brennan made while munching on a few fries. “Then you’re forgiven.”

Angela watched Dr. Temperance Brennan munching on a handful of fries and had to smile. Life sure was changing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, please let me know if you liked this chapter. I know it wasn’t that long, but I guess the next on should be longer. Thanks of reading!!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:54 am

It's a new chapter!
I can't believe it.....and I didn't even had to yell!
I'm glad that you're continuing this story too.
Bren is really funny when she is eating so much....
And I like the idea that the baby should have Booth's name.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nane Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:32 am

He, an update....and my mind was playing tricks on me...I thought it was finished already LOL

But I highly appreciate your efforts....
Nane
Nane
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:27 pm

thank you two for your reviews, glad you're still interested in this story
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:44 pm

Hi again everybody. Thank you for your reviews. And once again, it took me quite long to update this story, but I hope you understand. After all I finished Case or Cake and started Under Cover(s). Ah, well… here we go, hope you’ll like it.

Chapter 25

3 weeks later…

Brennan scowled at her closet. And she could have sworn it scowled back.

“Bones? We need to leave soon to meet them, are you ready?” She heard Booth’s voice from the living room.

She swallowed hard upon hearing his words. ‘They’. His parents. God, meeting them already made her nervous enough. But to her shock she’d just found out that most of her wardrobe didn’t fit anymore. Angela had been right when she’d told her it was soon going to be time to go shopping for maternal clothes.

Her carefully planned outfit lay crumpled on the bed and she was not too far away from either starting to cry or tearing the damn closet apart with her bare hands.

“Temperance?” Booth’s soft, but also subtly impatient, question from the doorway startled her.

She gave him a look of desperation and his eyes widened. “Are you in pain, baby?” He asked, concerned.

Brennan sighed. His display of worry somehow helped her to feel more normal again. “No. My clothes don’t fit. I’m … I’m getting fat.” She spat the words out.

Booth shook his head, trying not to laugh at her. He simply knew laughing would only make it worse. He closed the distance between them and took his all but naked girlfriend in his arms. “You’re pregnant, Temperance. And you’re beautiful. Some of your clothes don’t fit anymore, but that only means our child is growing. Isn’t that wonderful?”

She pulled back and eyed him suspiciously. “You’ve been reading that book!” Her tone was almost accusatory.

“Huh?” He made an innocent face.

“That book Cullen gave you. Oh, don’t pull that face, of COURSE I know about it. That…. “How to live with a pregnant woman” book.” Her eyes had narrowed a little and he couldn’t hold back his laughter anymore. “Guilty.” He admitted. “Baby, if you don’t want to meet my parents today, I can just go alone, tell them you’re not well enough.”

“You’d lie like that to your parents?” Brennan asked, amazed.

He shrugged. “If that’s what it takes to make you feel better.”

“I need new clothes.” Brennan glared at her closet. “The skirt I wanted to wear today doesn’t fit anymore. The one that would be the best alternative doesn’t either.” She let out a deep sigh. “I should have gone shopping with Angela yesterday, just as she wanted me to.”

She looked at her boyfriend again, tears already glistening dangerously in her eyes. “I’m nervous about meeting your parents as it is, but now I don’t have anything to wear that goes with that blouse.” She gestured towards a blouse in plum. “And it’s the only nice one I have left that I can button over…. Them.” She pointed at her breasts, that had gained a little in size.

“They” Booth mimicked her tone. “Are gorgeous.”

“They are big.” She corrected and sighed.

“And gorgeous.” He insisted, then winked at her. “Now you’re telling me you have nothing to wear? You have jeans and t-shirts that fit you perfectly.” He pointed at a pair of jeans in her closet.

“I want to look nice. I’m not going to wear… something that casual.” Brennan wrinkled her nose.

“Well, what a good thing it is then….. that Angela brought something for you while you were in the shower.” Booth grinned at the astonished look at her face.

“What? She did…. She bought something for me?” Brennan’s eyes were huge. “What is it? Where is it?”

Booth wordlessly left to retrieve the bags from the living room, where he had left it. He’d meant to hide the clothes in case she wouldn’t need them. After all, you never knew if she’d be pleased or pissed at him and Angela for taking the initiative. She’d been moody these past two days, ever since he’d commented on her slightly bigger breasts.

He had learned to avoid the topic…. And had started to read the book Cullen had handed him with a grin. He had known that pregnant women could be a little complicated, but Bones had been like that before actually being pregnant. God only knew what she had in store for him. He smiled to himself, wondering how she’d react upon seeing the clothes Angela had chosen for her.

When he returned to the bedroom, he handed her a bag and Brennan impatiently dug into it, pulling out a pair of soft black pants, a black skirt that promised to skim her knees, a blouse the color of red wine and another one in white. The last thing she smoothed out on the bed was a black jacket, which was adjustable in width, so that it was going to fit

“Ohhhh.” She made. “She chose well. But…. She shouldn’t have… I have to pay her back.” Brennan said after a moment of consideration.

“Nope. It’s taken care of.” Booth smiled at her.

Her eyebrows rose. “You paid for these?”

“We we’re conspiring. She did the work and I paid. And you’ve got new clothes. Now, if you want to come with me to pick up my parents at their hotel, you’ll have to hurry.” He watched her nod at his words, then a frown appeared on her face again.

“My bras don’t fit anymore.” She sighed. “And going without it is uncomfortable… they’re not only bigger, they’re aching.”

A sly smile on his face he wordlessly handed her the small bag he’d been hiding behind his back. She pulled out a practical white bra and a black lacy bra with matching panties. “Angela?” She asked.

“Nope. I bought those all by myself.” He gave her a warm smile. “Figured you’d want a sensible one, too. The black underwear … well, I think you know why I took that” He gave her a lusty smile and she placed a quick kiss on his lips. “Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me yet. I hope they’ll fit, I had to grope all the women in the shop to ‘feel out’ the right size.” He joked and she punched him playfully. “I know you didn’t do that. You’d be locked up for sexual assault.”

“That’s not the only reason why I didn’t do that.” He said, snaking an arm around her waist.

“I know.” She gave him a genuine smile, then leant in to him to brush a soft kiss over his lips. “You don’t need the book, you always now what to say anyway.”

Her words caught him by surprise and he felt touched by the simple statement. He pressed a kiss on the top of her head, then held her on arm’s length to admire her naked body. “Well, as much as I enjoy the sight of you like that, you’ll have to put clothes on or I’ll have to shoot every man who lays his eyes on you.”

She smiled and nodded and hurried to put on the black bra and panties he’d bought her. “Do they fit?” He asked hopefully.

“You tell me.” She said and winked at him. “Perfect.” Booth said, desire gleaming in his eyes. “Now stop tempting me and put on clothes or we’ll never get going.”

“Thank you, Booth.” Brennan said in that sincere tone of hers and he simply nodded. “I’ll wait outside.”

She quickly put on the new red blouse and black skirt, enjoying the feeling of the soft material, then she hurried into the adjoining bathroom to fiddle with her make-up and put on jewellery. Five minutes later she was finally ready and Booth nodded approvingly when she stepped into the living room. “You look great, Bones.”

“Thanks.” She drew in a deep breath, then calmly said. “Well, then let’s go meet your parents.”

Nooooow, what do you say, did you like it? Reviews make me very happy!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:58 am

oho meeting the parents.....
that can't be easy for her....she has no idea how a real family works....
and the whole trouble with her clothes
poor Brennan
but Ange and Booth took care of everything.....

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:22 pm

Hello again. Thank you, TOZ, for reviewing. I'm glad you liked the last chapter. Here we go…. Bones meets Booth’s parents!

Chapter 26

“You’re nervous.” Booth stated, when they were walking towards the ‘Hotel Blue’. “Don’t be. You’re cute, smart and beautiful. And you make me happy. They’ll love you.”

She smiled thankfully upon hearing his words. “Thank you, but I hate to break this to you: You’re biased.”

“And enjoying it.” He grinned at her and she rolled her eyes. Then she took in a deep, calming breath, her eyes on the big doors of the hotel.

“Besides,” Booth whispered in her ear. “They’re going to worship you after we tell them we’re giving them another grandchild.”

“You haven’t told them yet?” Brennan stopped, frozen in shock. She honestly had thought Booth had told his parents that they were going to be parents. Booth smiled at her sheepishly. “No. I thought that’s something to be told face-to-face, you know.”

“Ah.” She made, not sure if she should be even more nervous now, but then another thought occurred to her. “How did you explain us not coming to see them, then?” The doctors had suggested she should not be going on too long car rides, let alone planes, as a precautionary measure.

“I said I couldn’t leave because of ongoing cases.” Booth shrugged. “And this way they get to spend a little time with Parker too. So they we’re quite easily convinced.”

“Oh. Okay.” She said, then sighed again. “Well, no use stalling it, right?”

“Absolutely right. “ He said, but held her back for another moment to place a kiss on the tip of her nose. “I love you.” She leant into his warmth for a moment, enjoying it, drawing strength of it. “I love you too.” She whispered, then pulled back. “Let’s go.”

A moment after they had gone through the doors and entered the foyer, Booth spotted his parents. “Seeley.” His mother exclaimed and he quickly strode over to her and embraced her. “It’s been too long.” She scolded gently.

“I know, Mum. But that’s what you always say.” Her son smiled at her, then gave his father a quick bear hug.

“Seeley, where are your manners?” Mrs. Booth scowled at her son. “You should introduce us!”

“I’m sorry, yes, I really should.” Booth winked at Brennan, who’d been watching the cordial greetings.

“This is my Bones.” He gave her a gentle look full of love and she felt a warm feeling rise in her, replacing the flutter in her stomach, calming her nerves. “My parents.”

“It’s so nice to finally meet you. He’s been talking about you non-stop.” Booth’s mother winked at her. “You can call me Lynn.”

“Temperance. Or Tempe. Nice to meet you. And you too, Mr. Booth.” She extended her hand to Booth’s father too. She realized that ‘her’ Booth had to have inherited the warm, brown eyes from him. They twinkled with amusement at how she had addressed him. “Oh, please, no need to be formal. Call me James.”

“James.” She nodded and smiled…. And realized that she was starving. Before her stomach could growl and embarrass her, she decided to say something. “We made reservations at a restaurant nearby. Would you like to walk? It’s not far.”

“That’s a good idea.” Lynn agreed. “I could use a walk.”

“Great.” Seeley Booth nodded at his parents, then slung his arm around Brennan’s shoulders. “Hungry again, huh?” She whispered into her ear and she nodded. “Starving.” He had to smile. Being pregnant at least ensured that she was eating regularly. Hourly, more so.

Ten minutes later they were seated around a table in a nice restaurant near the Hotel Blue.

Booth had opted for something classy, but not too exclusive. His parents weren’t used to too much ‘city-chic’, so he didn’t want to make them feel uncomfortable. He knew the place was bordering on it, already.

But he also had wanted to show Bones how important this meeting was to him… by choosing a restaurant that was not too ordinary. He hoped he had succeeded at balancing both.

“Would you like a glass of champagne as aperitif?” The waiter asked them and Booth gave his parents a questioning look. He knew his mother had a thing for the bubbly stuff, so it was no surprise to see her nodding. “Yes, please. You too, right?” She looked at her husband, her son and his girlfriend and was a bit dismayed to see the younger woman shake her head. “Not for me, thanks.”

“Oh, come on… I insist. We haven’t seen Seeley for so long and we would like to celebrate that he found someone who’s making him so obviously happy.” Lynn smiled winningly.

“Ah… I’m flattered, but I really shouldn’t…..” Brennan stuttered, sending her boyfriend a pleading look.

Booth started to chuckle and his parents and Brennan stared at him incredulously. “What’s so funny?” Lynn asked, wrinkling her nose a little.

“Just…. This.” He grinned. “Figures that it didn’t quite work out as I planned it. We wanted to tell you later, after you talked a little and are more comfortable, but well….Mom, Dad. Bones won’t be drinking any alcohol. She’s pregnant.”

Lynn’s eyes went huge and James’ grinned. “That’s great news, son.” He said and nodded and clasped his hand over the table. “Congratulations.”

“Oh. Oh.” Lynn made, tears shining in her eyes. Brennan watched the other woman with a little hint of panic, not sure if she was happy or not. Then a single tear trickled down Lynn’s cheek and she smiled broadly “How wonderful.”

Brennan let out a relieved sigh, but added after a moment. “Please don’t cry. The pregnancy makes me very susceptible to that and when I start…. I can’t stop.” Already she felt the urge to sniffle.

Booth laughed at her words. “That’s my Bones. Told you they’d be happy. Cry if you want. No need to be ashamed about happy tears.”

“My make-up would be ruined.” She said and sniffled again. “Then I’d have to go to the restroom to repair the damage. But I don’t want to, because I’m really, really hungry.”

James and Lynn joined Booth in his laughter at her honest words. “Oh, that’s wonderful news, really.” Lynn sighed. “Not that you’re hungry, though. We need to do something about that.”

She motioned for the waiter, who politely had vanished some time during the conversation, to come back to their table. “We won’t need the champagne. “ She smiled at the waiter. “But we’ve got a starving pregnant woman here.”

“I’ll be right back with the menu, water and some bread.” The waiter nodded understandingly and vanished.

“You can still celebrate.” Brennan stared at Lynn Booth.

Booth’s mother waved it off. “I don’t need the champagne to feel festive today. I’m so happy for you two. If you don’t mind me asking… When are you due?”

“End of April” She answered. “We would have told you sooner, but….” She took in deep breath, and bit her lower lip. Talking about the accident wasn’t the problem. But remembering that she nearly had lost their baby still hurt. Still made her feel helpless.

She felt Seeley’s warm hand covering hers, squeezing it gently, giving her comfort. “Sh, sh. Bones.” He murmured, then addressed his parents. “She’s right. We wanted to visit you to tell you personally…. But as you know Bones was in a car accident a few weeks ago and…. It was a very close call. We nearly lost the baby. It was rough on us. “

He heard his mother suck in a breath, shock in her eyes. “My God. The accident, yes, you called. But… everything’s okay now, right?”

“Yeah.” Booth smiled at his girlfriend. “Everything’s perfect now.” He raised their entwined hands to his mouth and pressed a gentle kiss on the back of her hand, then his serious gaze returned to his parents. “The doctor’s just told us to be cautious and better not go on a plane, not even a long drive. That’s why we invited you to come to DC.”

“I knew you weren’t telling me the whole truth, when you called.” Lynn smiled sadly at her son. Then she reached over the table to take Brennan’s other hand in hers, startling the forensic anthropologist with the intimate gesture. “I could hear that he was worried, when he called us a few weeks ago. He had told us about your relationship but I wasn’t sure if it was serious until he called and told me you’d been in an accident. I could hear he loves you and how scared he was. I’m glad you two found each other and are going to have a family.”

Brennan drew in a shaky breath upon hearing these words. “Thank you.” She whispered. Already she felt the familiar burn of tears in her eyes, how her throat seemed to tighten a little.

“Now, now. No tears. Look, the waiter’s bringing bread.” James smiled at her and she let out a shaky laugh.

“I really am not that emotional … usually.” She explained, but Booth chuckled. “Nah, you just were good at hiding it.”

She freed her hand of his hold to punch him playfully. “You changed that. All your fault” She accused him, humour in her voice.

“I take the blame anytime.” He answered, then offered her the bowl with bread the waiter had discreetly placed on the table. “Eat, or you get grumpy again.”

She obeyed and took a bite, then mumbled. “M’not grumpy.” He patted her arm lovingly. “If you say so.”

Brennan rolled her eyes at his words.

Lynn and James were watching their son and his girlfriend and exchanged a parental look of relief and humour. ‘He found the right one’ The look said.

Sooo, how did you like it? Reviews make me very happy. VERY VERY HAPPY Wink
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Rike Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:05 am

bad Rike,
haven't reviewed, I thougth i already had

but to say it now : I love this story so far, really great Very Happy

Rike
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1695
Say What You Want : The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of consious.
Mahatma Ghandi
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:30 pm

I will try to make you very very happy now.....I'll write you a review......

I loved this new part.
Booth's parents seem to be really nice people....but we knew that already, didn't we?......with a son like that they have to be nice!
It's good that they seem to like Brennan and are happy to get another grandchild.
And I love pregnant-Brennan!
Always hungry.....crying or grumpy.....

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nane Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:50 pm

SWEET... and no asking for marriage yet.....
Nane
Nane
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:07 pm

Hi all! THANKS for reading and reviewing! I know it took a week, but here is the update Smile Nane, keep in mind what you wrote while reading this chapter *lol*

thanks nane, rike, toz for your reviews. DANKE!

Chapter 27

Brennan was in heaven. Not that she believed in the concept of heaven… but she had to admit, since her pregnancy was progressing more and more, a place that provided delicious food in great amounts - as restaurants do - came as close to heaven as possible for her.

It didn’t hurt that she enjoyed the company of Booth and his parents, either. They were easy-going and nice and Lynn had just told her that she was a big fan of her books.

“Although, I have to admit….” Lynn gave her a slightly embarrassed look. “It’s a little odd to read certain…. scenes and know where you get your…hm… inspiration from.” Lynn looked at her son, who squirmed under her gaze uncomfortably.

Brennan let out an amused snort. “All the books now published were written long BEFORE Booth and I were in a relationship.” Which didn’t mean she hadn’t occasionally pictured him - accidentally of course – when she’d thought up steamy scenes between Andy and Kathy. But that was – she guessed – that kind of information her boyfriend would prefer to leave unvoiced in the presence of his parents. She saw how he visibly relaxed beside her at the sound of her words. Obviously their sex-life was not what he deemed a proper topic to discuss with his parents. And she could see why. She wouldn’t be comfortable with giving her father details, either.

“Oh, of course.” Lynn winked at her and there was relief in her eyes. “I’m a little curious. Are you going to write more books, Temperance?”

Brennan thought about it for a moment. “I always wanted to write more books, I enjoy writing very much. But… my life changed these past months. I doubt there will be much time for me to spare as soon as the baby is born. Maybe, I’ll keep on writing, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to publish a novel anytime soon.”

“Didn’t you get contracted for more books?” Lynn asked, a little worried. “Wouldn’t that be a problem, if you end up breaking the contract?”

“I got contracted, that’s right… . for two more novels. But I reserved the right to postpone writing in case there were severe changes in my professional or personal life. Maybe I’ll have to pay a fee to the publisher. I don’t really care.” She shrugged. “Our child is far more important than money or books.”

A warm feeling blossomed in Booth upon hearing her words. She hadn’t mentioned the contract or the possible consequences of breaking it to him. Simply because she didn’t think it was important. And the fact that their child meant so much more to her than something that had been a substantial part of her life before their relationship had changed, made his love for her shine even brighter.

“God, I love you.” He said without thinking and his parents grinned knowingly.

Brennan gave him an astonished look, but after a moment, she smiled. “I don’t know why you’re telling me that right now, but I never object to hearing it.”

“Because you’d give up writing for the baby.” He explained, his tone gentle, his hand covering hers.

“Maybe not entirely, but it’s…. far less important now.” She smiled and their gazes locked, emotions clearly visible in both their eyes. James and his wife exchanged another look. They really didn’t mind being ignored if the cause of it was their son being head over heels in love.

James winked at Lynn and reached for his cup of coffee, took a sip and said. “My sweet, you hear wedding bells a-ringing, too?”

Seeley Booth winced at his father’s jovial and teasing words and was quick to throw in. “About that… Bones doesn’t really believe….”
But he got interrupted by his girlfriend. “We haven’t really talked about that yet… with the accident and everything … there wasn’t time.”

Her words caused the FBI agent beside her to cough, his eyes widened in surprise. He stared at her, clearly astonished to hear her so casually talk about the possibility of getting married. Was that really the same woman that had given him speeches about how marriage was an archaic, needless custom? Or something along those lines, anyway.

“What?” She gave him a long, measuring look. “We haven’t talked about it.”

He blinked and nodded. They hadn't. Surely she was just saying this not to embarrass him in front of his Mom and Dad. Surely she was just holding back, trying not to offend his parents, who’d been married for a very long time and probably wouldn’t appreciate her saying how unnecessary that institution was. That had to be it.

“Yeah. We had other things on our minds.” He confirmed. “All this happened pretty fast…” Booth smiled when he recalled how they had found out about her pregnancy and what had happened since. “…but we’re happy, right, Bones? We’re a good team.”

A soft smile covered her face. “Yes. A very good team.” Then a sly grin suddenly appeared as she eyed the remaining chocolate cake on his plate. “Would you give up the rest of your dessert? For the team?” She patted her belly and he had to laugh. “For the team.” He winked at her and exchanged their plates. Hers was already empty… and nearly looked as if had come out of the dish washer. He could only admire her appetite. Or fear it.

He shook his head. “Why not eat the whole plate, while you’re at it?” He asked, watching her stuff in chocolate cake.

“Funny.” She mumbled, her mouth still filled with cake. Remembering how Angela had reacted to a mouthful of fries, she decided to keep it shut until she’d swallowed. She didn’t want to scare Booth’s parents off. But they just smiled at her knowingly.

She swallowed, then gulped down water and glared at Booth. “Before I got pregnant you were constantly nagging at me about not eating enough. Now you mock me for eating too much.”

“I would never mock you.” He leant in towards her to press a kiss against her forehead, kissing away the frown. “I only tease a little.”

“Lynn was like that, too, when she was pregnant.” James shook his head, recalling his wife’s pregnancies.

“It’s a little scary to have a woman eat twice as much as you do. And sometimes in the strangest combinations. What was it you were so obsessed with?” Booth senior narrowed his eyes while trying to remember. “Ah, right…. You would have killed for strawberry ice cream. And those days it wasn't so easy to come by as today.” He gave his son a long, meaningful look. “Strawberry ice cream with peanut butter on top. Disgusting. And when I say she would have killed for it… I mean it."

“I’m not scary.” Brennan frowned a little and turned her gaze towards her boyfriend again. “Do I scare you?”

“Constantly.” Booth grinned. “Now, stop scraping the fork over that poor plate, baby. Face it: There’s nothing left.”

Brennan looked down at the plate in front of her and sighed. “What a pity. It was really good. You think…. maybe they got ice cream? I’ve got strawberry ice cream in my head now.”

“You hate strawberry ice cream.” Booth commented.

“I do?” She wrinkled her nose a little. “No, I don’t think so. I think it would taste great.”

“We’ll get some.” Seeley Booth gave in. He had learned his lesson…. It was never a good idea to argue with a pregnant woman. Especially not, when it came to food.

Resigning, he motioned for the waiter to come to their table and asked for strawberry ice cream. In case Bones would find it disgusting when it was in front of her – which was still possible – he could always eat it. After all, she had stolen half his dessert.

The waiter hurried away to bring the desired ice cream and Booth’s gaze collided with his father’s.

The knowing and compassionate look on James Booth’s face did nothing to encourage him.

“Five months to go, son” The older man whispered in a grave voice, while the women were talking about other things.

“Yeah… cheer me up, will you.” Seeley rolled his eyes at his father’s comment.

“But it’s worth it.” James smiled at the younger man, his brown eyes twinkling.

“I know. God, don’t I know it.” His son agreed, watching his girl friend talking to his mother and thinking of how it had changed his life to see Parker for the very first time.

And he recalled how Bones had explained to his son how he was going to be a big brother.

God, what a team, he thought. Our family.

Ah, isn’t that fluffy? Hope you liked it!!!

Oh, just so you know….I LO-O-O-O-VE REVIEWS!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:24 pm

Fluffyyyyyyyyy! Very Happy Oh, I LOVE fluff, and just sooo much! Yum-yum!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:01 am

oh yes really fluffy.....and I still love the new Brennan.....
and now she even seems to consider marriage?
really?
maybe she finally realized that Booth is the one she wants to spent the rest of her life with and show it to the whole world....

Can't wait for more!!!!!!!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:18 pm

ToZiKa wrote:
maybe she finally realized that Booth is the one she wants to spent the rest of her life with and show it to the whole world....
*cough* you know me and you know brennan... that's not QUITE her take on this Wink
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:59 am

WOW! I just found this site yesterday, and this is my first Bones fanfic I've read. It's lovely! I can just sit back and watch it all right there in my own mind's eye! You're really good - I hope to find a lot more of your writing.

Thank you sooo much!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next