Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

+8
mereva
Rike
Nane
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
ToZiKa
CheeseBK
bpaltland
magicstar
12 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007 - Page 7 Empty Re: and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

Post by CheeseBK Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:26 pm

hi dbcrazy, well, thank you so much!!! Welcome to the crazy-ness here... gotta say I love your nick Wink you'll fit right in!!!

Have fun!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007 - Page 7 Empty Re: and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

Post by CheeseBK Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:28 pm

thank you for reviewing!!! and here we go, the next chapter is ready. it was ready yesterday too, but I couldn't get on the site, who knows why

As I stated before… this storyline is set somewhere BEFORE verdict in the story… you’ll see why I have to mention it later Wink Enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 28

“You were right.” Brennan nodded after a taste of the ice cream. “I don’t like it. I can’t even stand the smell of it.” She wrinkled her nose in disgust and pushed the bowl away.

“You ate my dessert, I’ll eat the ice cream.” Booth offered, more than eagerly. She only shrugged. “Don’t you dare to kiss me with strawberry ice cream breath.” She added as an afterthought.

“Strawberry ice cream breath. The ultimate threat. Wouldn’t dream of it.” He winked at her and she rolled her eyes. But somehow she just loved their little bickering and secretly enjoyed it.

“Would you want to try something else? Chocolate ice cream?” The waiter seemed to appear out of thin air.

“No, thank you.” Brennan shook her head. “I think I just lost my appetite.” She eyed the strawberry ice cream loathingly.

“Oh, just come by in ten minutes and ask again.” Booth snickered in his ice cream bowl and Brennan scowled at him “Not funny.”

James Booth stifled a laugh at her pouting face and decided to distract them both.

“So, how’s Parker doing? Does he know he’s going to be a big brother?”

Instantly a warm smile settled over both their faces and Lynn and James were relieved to see that Temperance Brennan seemed to have a soft spot for Seeley’s firstborn.

“He’s great.” They both said in unison and had to chuckle. Booth scooped up another spoonful of ice cream and motioned for his girlfriend to tell his parents about Parker.

“He’s doing very well. He was very understanding when we told him we were going to have a baby. He asked all kinds of questions.” She gave Booth an amused smile. “And asked if it could be a girl, so that he wouldn’t have to share his toys. Of course, we couldn’t guarantee that.”

“You don’t know if it’s going to be a boy or a girl?” Lynn asked, interested.

“No.” Booth shook his head. “It doesn’t matter, right?” He glanced at the pregnant woman beside him.

“The foetus is healthy and developing as it should.” Brennan agreed. “And that’s all that is important right now…. Besides… in case we would know and then tell people .…we’d get a lot of clothes and gifts in pink or blue. I don’t want to force my child into a role before it’s even born.” She shook her head. “I don’t see why girls should always have to play with dolls and boys with cars.” She shrugged.

“That’s exactly what I always said, too.” Lynn nodded. “Though it seems boys seem to get automatically drawn to mud holes and cars and all these things.” She smiled at her elder son. “You liked to take your toy cars apart and put them back together.”

“I had many dolls, but I only liked one.” Brennan remembered. “I always stole Russ’ cars and things and played with them. He didn’t like it. Our …mother often had to intervene.” Her breath hitched a little and an involuntary sigh escaped her, as she thought of her mother. “She’ll never meet her grandchild.” She said, in a low voice, sadness clearly visible on her face.

Booth reached over to cover her hand with his, squeezing it gently. “You have a video you can show our child when he or she is older. You have your memories and stories to tell.” He tried to comfort her.

Brennan snorted. “Sure. Your grandparents were bank robbers on the run. Now that makes for a good bedtime story.”

Lynn and James’ eyes widened at her words. “What?” Booth’s mother forced out, in astonishment.

“You didn’t tell them?” Brennan asked, astonished. “I come from a family of criminals.” She stated matter-of-factly.

“Bones!” Booth interrupted but she just arched a brow at him. “My mother and my father were bank robbers. You arrested both my father and my brother. What would YOU call that?”

“Complicated?” Booth tried after a moment of silence. She just stared at him.

“Okay, okay. Your parents were bank robbers and your brother got in trouble once or twice. Which doesn’t mean anything. I thought we covered that? There’s no… criminality-gene you could’ve inherited.” Booth’s eyes bored into hers.

“If there was such a gene, we’d all be criminals.” James Booth stated dryly.

All eyes suddenly turned towards him and he shrugged lightly. “John Wilkes Booth was my… a few times grandfather’s brother. Not something I’m proud of, but you can’t change where you come from. But you can decide where you go to.”

“You’re related to the man who murdered Lincoln.” Brennan stated astonished.

“Very distantly, but yes.” James Booth nodded.

His son just gaped at him. “You never mentioned that. When I came home from school and told you that I learned a guy with our name had killed Lincoln you just said, you knew and that it was a coincidence we had the same name.”

James Booth nodded. “It is nothing more than a coincidence. Because I sure as hell didn’t inherit the urge to go around and murder presidents. Did you?”

“No.” Booth shook his head. “Of course not.”

James Booth shrugged. “Well, then. I didn’t tell you back then, because first, it doesn’t have anything to do with our lives and second it wasn’t exactly what I wanted to tell a ten-year-old boy. There are always narrow-minded people who might have shunned you after knowing that. I bet you got more than your fair share for having that surname anyway…. Without telling us.”

Seeley nodded. “You just bet I did. Whenever the murder of Lincoln came up at school, half of the class gave me those weird looks.” He sighed and shook his head. “But I’m not ten anymore, Dad. You could have mentioned it.”

“I thought you knew. You’re FBI for God’s sake. They know.” James gave him a lopsided smile. “They sure as hell know.”

The FBI agent frowned at that for a moment and sighed again. “Guess so. Somewhat embarrassing.”

“What?” Brennan asked, interested. He’d repeatedly told her she shouldn’t feel embarrassed about having criminals in her family. Was he now doing exactly what she – according to him – wasn’t supposed to do?

“That some people I work with know more about my family’s history than I do.” He shrugged. “You’re right, Dad. It doesn’t say anything about us.”

“At least your parents were only bank robbers, not murderers.” Lynn threw in and Brennan and Booth both flinched a little, then exchanged glance. Both smiled wryly, not commenting on the statement.

“Honey. Seeley’s working homicide.” James reminded his wife gently.

She frowned. “I know. What do you mean?”

“He arrested her father. And brother. You’re reading all that novels and watching that tv shows. Connect the dots.” The man said and gave his wife a long look. She paled a little and her eyes widened. “Oh.”

“My brother didn’t kill anybody.” Brennan threw in. “Booth just had to arrest him because he helped my Dad with… other things.” She took in a deep breath. “My father’s in prison and charged with murder, though.”

“And Seeley arrested him?” Lynn asked after a moment. “And…. You’re not… having problems about that?”

Temperance Brennan shook her head. “Actually they get along pretty well. God knows why.” She shrugged.

“Max tried to protect her and her brother. Somebody was out to kill them. He….” Booth sighed. “… used his own methods to prevent that. That’s why I had to arrest him. But he could have escaped. He didn’t. He let me arrest him.” He gave his girlfriend a long look. “He stayed for you. He loves you.”

Brennan took in a shuddering breath. “I know. He has an odd way of showing it sometimes.” Then she frowned. “I thought you said he kicked you in the…” Her voice trailed off as she remembered his parents where still watching… and listening to them.

Booth snorted. “If memory serves, he punched me there. But I didn’t lie to you, Bones. He could have escaped…. The little fight he put up before I restrained him… that was just … for fun, I guess.”

Silence settled over the table for some time, until James Booth cleared his throat. “I think,” He said slowly, giving both of them a meaningful look “You should buy a book with bed time stories instead of telling the kid the family history.”

Laughter bubbled up in Brennan’s throat and she heard Seeley Booth chuckle beside her. “You’re… not concerned or something?” Brennan asked a moment later, still a little worried.

“I’m not. A blind man could see you love each other. That’s what counts.” James said and looked at his wife, who nodded after a moment as if she had considered everything that had been said again. “He is right. You can’t change where you come from. But you get to decide what you do with your life. And I think… you two are doing something good.”

Brennan let out a relieved sigh. “I have to admit… I was nervous about that. Among other things.”

Booth smiled at her in a reassuring way. “I told you, there is no need to be nervous.”

“I think I could try that chocolate ice cream now.” She stated after a moment and the Booths all chuckled.

“Told you that, too.” Seeley grinned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I hope nobody’s offended or something about me using John Wilkes Booth in my story and tie him to the Booth family. I just thought, this was a way to show Brennan that other families have black sheep too and it doesn’t have to say anything about who you are.

Please let me know what you think about this conversation between Booth, his parents and Bones. I’d love to hear (uh, read) your opinion.
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:13 pm

CheeseBK wrote:
ToZiKa wrote:
maybe she finally realized that Booth is the one she wants to spent the rest of her life with and show it to the whole world....
*cough* you know me and you know brennan... that's not QUITE her take on this Wink
yeah I know.....
and that's why I have to dream every now and then Rolling Eyes

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:22 pm

I liked the idea of Booth having criminals in his family too.
And I think it made it a lot easier for the Booth's not to be concerned because of Brennan's family.

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:45 pm

This was worth waking up early for! Nice twist!

And thanks for mentioning my nickname. I wanted it to be catchy and I really thought about it a while. Nothing. This is simple, and True. I feel like I've gone off the deep-end.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rike Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:32 am

why can`t she belive Booth that she don't like straberry ice cream Laughing
it's geat!

and hey DBCrazy!

Rike
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1695
Say What You Want : The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of consious.
Mahatma Ghandi
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:14 pm

Hey readers! You rock! Especially those who left reviews. THANK YOU!

I know it took me pretty long again to update, but here we finally are!!!!

Chapter 29

After having returned to Brennan’s apartment, the forensic anthropologist changed into more comfortable clothes. She was looking forward to a few hours of rest and relaxation on the couch.

She had just pulled a loosely fitting sweatshirt over her head, when she heard footsteps approaching.

“How are you feeling?” Seeley Booth asked her, snaking his arms around her waist from behind her.

“A little tired.” She replied, leaning into his warmth, her back against his muscular chest. “And… glad.”

“Glad?” He asked and pressed a kiss against her hair.

“Yes. I like your parents and they seem comfortable enough with our relationship and the fact that we’re going to have a baby.” She answered and turned in his arms, resting her head against his shoulder.

“Yeah.” Booth whispered. “That’s great, isn’t it?”

“Mhm.” She made, closed her eyes and simply inhaled his male, comforting scent.

“Bones, can I ask you something?” He asked and something in his tone made her pull back a little.

“Sure.” She answered, eyeing him curiously.

“We… should probably sit down… “ He jerked his head in the direction of the living room and a hint of a frown appeared on her face. He seemed so serious… a slight feeling of nervousness made her eyes widen, when he took her by her hand and led her to the couch. “What…. is something wrong?” She asked, worry in her voice.

“No… it’s just…..” He hesitated and took in a deep breath and the intense look of his eyes made her squirm a little. “It’s just that you said something before… and I’m not sure if you were serious or not.”

She blinked, not quite sure what he was talking about.

“About…. Marriage.” He said, his voice a little hoarse. “You said…. We hadn’t talked about it and that’s true, we never had that conversation….”

“I know. I thought…. You proposed to Rebecca because she got pregnant and she refused you…. I understand you wouldn’t care to risk repeating that experience, so I never initiated a discussion about it.” She explained, her voice levelled.

His eyes widened upon hearing her words. “Bones…. The reason I never started to talk about it is, that I thought you didn’t believe in marriage. You called it an…. Archaic and nowadays useless institution or something like that.”

“Two people don’t have to get married to express their love for each other.” She immediately gave back.

“So, you don’t believe in marriage.” He stated.

“I didn’t say that. I don’t believe in the necessity of marriage for a couple to prove how much they mean to each other. I love you. Marrying you would not change that.” She said matter-of-factly. Booth stared at her, not sure what to make of her words. What the hell was she saying? Was she totally opposed to the idea of marrying him or not?

“So, I don’t think marriage is necessary for you and me to prove what we mean to each other” His heart sank a little, he had not quite realised that her words during the meeting with his parents had given him hope, but he felt how it left him again. She continued. “But… I gave it some thought. I know it would mean a lot to you… but that’s not a good reason, right? You’d think I was making a compromise and you wouldn’t want that. ” He blinked. Thankfully she didn’t wait for an answer. “But I’m pregnant. We’re going to have a child…A responsibility. “ She took in a deep breath. “The accident made me realise how fragile things we take for granted can be…. In case something happens to me, I want you to be able to raise our child without having to file for parental custody first. Without having to prove you’re the father first. I understand that this is maybe not the romantic reason for marriage you’d like, but… it’s an important reason nonetheless. Important to me. I want our child to be safe.”

Seeley Booth stared at her, stunned and speechless for a moment. “So….. you would like to get married?” He asked, hesitantly.

“You shouldn’t feel obliged to ask me now, after I told you that. If you don’t want to, I’m okay with that. I just think it would provide more safety for our child’s future.” She said.

“You would marry me?” He asked again, still dumbfounded.

“I thought I just made that perfectly clear.” She arched an eyebrow at him.

“God. ….God.” He stammered. “I never even thought you’d consider it.” A huge smile suddenly appeared on his face. “And it is so very you to find a practical reason.”

“You’re not upset about that, are you?” She asked, a little worried.

“No.” He shook his head. “This is you. I always thought marriage is a wonderful way of commitment, but I was aware you wouldn’t see the need for it. That’s okay, I never thought you’d want to marry me, I knew that and accepted it, because having YOU in my life is far more important than that…. But now….” He gazed at her, his eyes shining bright with wonder, amazement and love.

Suddenly he knelt down in front of her, startling her. He took her hand in his. “I love you. I love that you’re thinking ahead like that, wanting to make sure that our child is safe, no matter what. I love you for being honest and saying marriage is not important to you, although it’s maybe not romantic. I love you for being so stubborn sometimes, for being blunt and reasonable…. I love you for talking to the baby when you think nobody is listening.” He winked at her, when she blushed.” I love you for who you are, Temperance, and I want you in my life, forever. Will you marry me?”

Tears stung her eyes and she had to swallow hard, or she would have cried instead of saying the words she wanted to say. “Yes. I will.”

Booth’s happy smile made her heart jump. He hugged her, then kissed her passionately. “I love you.” He whispered and she smiled, her eyes brimming with tears and said the words back. “I love you.”

He pulled back a little and watched her face, saw how a single tear escaped her eyes and brushed it away with his thumb. “If I had known you were thinking about it, I would have asked you weeks ago. And I would have planned it and given you something romantic.”

“You know I don’t need romance.” She answered. “But…. What you said, Booth… it was romantic. Beautiful.”

He kissed her again. “I would have given you a ring….. will you… would you wear my ring, baby?” He asked, a little anxious…. After all, an engagement ring was a symbol…. Maybe she thought he would want to visibly stake his claim over her or some other anthropological thing.

“I don’t need a ring. … But I would love to wear your ring, Booth” She asked, hesitantly.

“You’re not afraid I would be…. staking my claim or something like that?” He asked, just to be sure.

She smiled at his concerned words. “I agreed to marry you. Why wouldn’t I want to show it? And it would mean something to you, right?”

Booth kissed her again, hungry for the contact. “Yes, it would mean a lot. We’re going to buy a ring as soon as possible, okay? Whatever you want.”

“There is this beautiful one carat… platinum ring I saw….” She started and laughed when her new fiancé visibly paled but nonetheless managed to nod bravely.

“I’m kidding, Booth. I don’t need an expensive ring with a big diamond you can’t afford. It’s just carbon anyway. Something sensible will be more practical… something I can wear under my gloves and don’t have to take off for work. After all, the idea is to wear it all the time, right?” Brennan asked and the FBI agent could hardly believe how lucky he was. “Yeah… until the wedding at the very least. Speaking of which…. When do you want….”

“Before the baby is born. I think the wedding should be…. as soon as possible. You’ll probably think it’s vain… but I don’t want to have to waddle … and look like a barrel at my wedding.” She gave the barely visibly bump a doubtful look. “I know it is our baby and I should be proud….”

“But every bride wants to be as beautiful as she can be on her wedding day, because it is something memorable. Seems you have a romantic streak too.” Booth winked at her. “I’d marry you on the spot, Temperance. I’d also marry you nine months pregnant when – just for your information - you’ll be just as beautiful and look nothing like a barrel.” He pressed a soft kiss to her temple. “Whenever you want, Bones. You choose.”

She frowned a little. “Angela and Jack managed to put together a very impressive wedding within one week.”

“Yeah, because Hodgins is stinkin’ rich.” Booth threw in. “And they didn’t actually get married…”

“Saturday in four weeks?” She suggested. Booth did a quick calculation in his head. “That would be 23rd of December…. nearly Christmas.”

“Oh… right…” She hesitated, thinking that he wouldn’t want the wedding to intrude on a religious holiday, racking her brain for an alternative. Too soon would mean a lot of stress. Four weeks was already stressful, but less? But waiting too long was no option either. The sound of his voice interrupted her thinking.

“It’s perfect.” He smiled at her. “You’d have a happy memory. A happy memory for Christmas time. We could celebrate Christmas as husband and wife. Because of the holiday we’d have a few days for us…. Not exactly the honeymoon I’d love to spend with you, but you’re not allowed to drive too far or fly…so….”

Brennan gave him a long, intense look. “Thank you.” She said her voice thick with emotion.

Booth frowned a little. “What for?”

“The happy memory. You’re right… that’s a wonderful idea.” She sniffled a little, tears once again threatening to fill her eyes. “23rd of December it is, then. We have a lot of things to… take care of.”

“I don’t want you to wear yourself out, Bones.” He gently touched her cheek. “Angela will be thrilled to help you, I’m sure… and I don’t need something fancy. I only need you.”

“A small ceremony. With your family and mine.” She sighed. “Which narrows it down to… my brother… since Dad is in prison.”

“Your brother… and Amy and her girls, right? They’re family too… Angela, Jack, Zach… they’re all your family, Bones.” Booth said soothingly.

She considered it for a moment then nodded. “There’s more than one kind of family, right?”

He smiled upon hearing her repeat the words he once had said to her. “Right. Besides…. We have our own little family now.” Gently he laid a hand on her stomach and whispered. “You heard that, little one? Mommy and Daddy are getting married. Don’t make Mommy sick on the big day, okay?”

“I doubt he or she will understand you, Booth.” Brennan said with amusement in her voice.

“Ah… that’s something we’ll have to work on.” Booth grinned at her.

“It will take a considerable amount of time until our child will be able…” She started, but he silenced her with a kiss. “Not that. You calling me Booth.”

“Oh.” She nodded. “Right. It would confuse our child. I’ll work on it, Seeley.”

He smiled at her. “I love you, Temperance Brennan. You know that, right?”

“I love you too. I’m not going to give up my last name, though.” The forensic anthropologist said. “Temperance Brennan-Booth. That’s all I can offer.”

He chuckled. “You don’t have to use a double name, Bones. You agreed to marry me, you suggested our child will bear my last name…. That’s more than I ever hoped for.”

“Angela…. Angela said that having the same last name would make it probably easier for Parker to accept his younger sibling. I agree. And I’ll take the double name, Bo…Seeley. It’s going to show that we’re a family.” She said.

Seeley Booth smiled at his fiancée, amazed by her and her decision. “I know you won’t admit it,….but you’re a sucker for romance, too.” With that, he kissed her deeply and kept her too busy for quite some time to object to his statement.

Hah. FLUFF; FLUFF; FLUFF. It’s all pink and fuzzy and warm now, right?

Hope you liked it, please let me know!!!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:00 am

I love it!
I didn't thought she might even consider marriage at all.....and here she was more or less asking him to ask her......of course she had her rational reasons for it.....but she wants to get married to him.....I can't believe it.....and she will wear the ring and everything....

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:40 am

thank you toz!!!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:00 am

Woo hoo! There's gonna be a B/B wedding! Great stuff!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nane Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:57 am

I think you just wanted to use the word fiancé more often LOL
How is your´s doing?
I´m still loving the story...warms my heart every time I read a chappie... So perfect for winter time LOL
Nane
Nane
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1035

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:15 pm

thanks for your reviews, glad you liked the fluff

nane, my fiancé is doing fine, thanks Wink
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi again everybody… I know it took me quite some time to post something, but I had the flu and my concentration level was nowhere near being able to write something coherent Wink But finally, I’m better and I can write again! Hope you understand!

Please keep in mind ---- this story takes place BEFORE Verdict!

Thank you all for reading and special thanks to my wonderful reviewers!

Chapter 30

“Sweetie! Finally you call! How was the big meeting with Booth’s parents?” Angela asked, excited, when her best friends called her, as she had made her promise earlier.

“They are very nice. Actually it all went pretty well. They seemed to be comfortable with Seeley and me being a couple and having a baby. They were surprised, but seemed to be pleased.” Brennan answered truthfully.

“I thought they already knew?” The artist asked, stunned.

“No… I thought that too, but Boo…Seeley said he wanted to tell them in person.” Brennan informed her.

“Since when do you call him Seeley? It sounds… kinda weird.” Angela asked.

“I have to get used to it…. it would confuse our child if I refer to his or her father only by his last name. Besides….” Brennan hesitated for a moment, then decided to be blunt. “…Booth is going to be part of my last name soon, too…. so I guess it would be better…”

“What? WHAT?” Angela interrupted her, barely containing her excitement.

“Ah… We’re going to get married.” Brennan informed her. After a long pause of stunned silence, Angela’s deafening. “OH MY GOD” pierced her ears.

“You and Booth. You’re getting married? Oh my God. This is sooooo awesome. How did he propose… I mean… he proposed, right? Not you?” Angela fired questions at her.

“Ah…. Yes he did, but….” Brennan started, but got interrupted by her best friend. “Did he get down on one knee? Did he?”

“Yes.” Brennan answered.

“Oh, oh, oh. So romantic.” Angela sighed. “And what does your ring look like? I bet it’s beautiful. Where did he propose? Not with his parents there, right? I mean… that would be kind of…. Weird…” Angela babbled on.

“Ange! How am I supposed to answer your questions when you never even stop talking to listen to me?” Brennan squeezed in between Angela’s ramble.

“Oh… right. Sorry. But… I’m so excited! And so happy for you.” Angela answered.

“He proposed at home. It was… kind of spontaneous, so there is no ring. Yet. We will buy one on Monday,… although I told him I won’t really need one, since we’ll get married in four weeks, but well… if he wants to buy a ring, I suppose I can wear it.” Brennan reported.

“Ohhhhh… poor baby, forced to wear a ring.” Angela’s voice definitely held a not so subtle note of sarcasm.
“Why spontaneous…. What does that mean? After wild monkey sex?”

“Angela!” Brennan rolled her eyes, although she knew her best friend wouldn’t be able to see it.

“What? You’re pregnant! Everybody knows you’ve been doing the dirty for some time now.” Angela snickered. "It kinda comes with the condition."

“It was after I told him I would like to get married.” Brennan informed her and this definitely captured Angela’s attention.

“Hold on, sweetie…. You told him, you wanted to get married? Were you drunk… or high?” Angela said incredulously.

“Of course not! I’m pregnant, I don’t drink alcohol…. Or use any other kind of…” Brennan’s response was cut short once more. “Relax, mommy, I was joking, okay? So…. Why did Miss ‘Marriage is an outdated fashion’ suggest getting married, huh?”

“Because of our child. In case…. Something happens to me, I want him to take care of the baby….. And the easiest way to ensure there is no legal doubt whatsoever is….. to get married before the baby is born.” Brennan answered.

“That’s a typical Temperance Brennan reason.” Angela giggled. “But I guess he had no objection, huh?”

“No.” Brennan gave back. “He seemed genuinely relieved. He told me he never talked about marriage, because he thought I wouldn’t want to marry him… didn’t believe in marriage.”

“But you do… believe in it?” Angela asked, a little doubtful.

“I don’t think that it is necessary to express the feelings you have for each other…. But to ensure our child is as safe as possible….. it is useful.” Brennan admitted.

Angela snickered. “Only you would call marriage useful. What happened then?”

“Well… he got down on one knee and proposed.” Brennan answered, slightly irritated.

“I know THAT. But HOW did he propose? What did he say?” Angela asked curiously.

“Ah… it was actually…. Very romantic.” The forensic anthropologist admitted hesitantly.

“Romantic. I didn’t think you’d even knew how to spell that word.” Angela gave back.

“It’s fairly easy to spell.” Brennan’s retort came promptly.

“You know what I mean, Bren…. You’re…. not the romantic type. Or at least you don’t admit it. Now spill, Sweetie… what did he say?” The artist pressed for details.

“He said….. he loved me for being reasonable and for thinking ahead, for being stubborn and blunt and …. For… well, talking to the baby when I think nobody is listening. Obviously he HAS been listening, though… Well… he said he loved me for being… me. “ Brennan had to bite her lip. Words should not be able to hold power over anybody, he told herself…. But somehow Booth’s statement that he loved her for being herself moved her. His words had touched her, because she was quite sure that nobody ever had loved her for simply being herself. At least nobody besides maybe her parents. She blinked, trying to hold back the tears. She was not quite sure if she could blame the pregnancy this time…. Maybe his words would have been able to bring tears to her eyes without the hormones.

“What else?” Angela’s voice brought her back to reality.

“He said he wanted me in his life forever. And asked if I would marry him.” Brennan finished.

“Awww.” Angela made.

“He told me that if he’d knew I was thinking about getting married he would have planned something more special and asked me weeks ago….” Brennan informed her friend.

“I just bet he would have done that. I’m so glad you two are getting married…. You’re so perfect for each other. And what did you say? You’re going to take his name?” Angela asked.

“I’ll add it to mine.” Her best friend answered.

“So, you’ll be Temperance Brennan-Booth?” Angela said.

“Exactly.”

“Wow. That’s….awesome. And romantic too. And don’t even think about telling me that you’re not a romantic at heart. You so are!” Angela laughed.

“Booth accused me of that, too.” Brennan frowned a little.

“Are you nuts? That’s not an accusation, that’s…. great. It’s how it’s supposed to be.” Angela exclaimed. “Love turns you upside down. Even somebody as tough as you.”

“Whatever.” Brennan sighed. “Angela? I’ll need you to come with me to find a suitable wedding dress that will still fit me in four weeks.”

“You want me to go wedding dress shopping with you?” Angela sighed.

“Sure.” Brennan nodded.

“Ohhhh, sweetie. That’s such an honor.” Angela cooed.

“It is?” Brennan asked, slightly taken aback.

“Of course!” Her best friend gave back.

“You didn’t take me when you chose yours.” Brennan stated and blinked when she actually felt a little hurt at the realisation.

“Sweetie…. I couldn’t. My dress was custom made by a very expensive tailor, which had to work for days on end and charged Hodgy a fortune for the dress plus express charge.” Angela explained, then chuckled, “And we didn’t even get married.”

“Oh. Right.” Brennan gave back.

“Sweetie….. whenever you want to go shopping for the PERFECT wedding dress for you, I’ll be there. And whatever you need me to do, I’ll do it for you, okay? You shouldn’t have to do too much, you have to be careful.” Angela said, genuine concern in her voice.

“Thank you, Ange…” Brennan sighed. “There is one thing I would ask you….”

“Anything.” Angela assured her.

“Will you be my maid of honor?” Brennan asked.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Of COURSE, I’ll be your maid of honor. You were mine, right? I mine… you would have been….” Angela sighed. “You know what I mean.”

“Yes…yes I know.” Brennan answered. She could still picture the look on Angela’s face when she had asked her that question…. And she had been so happy for her best friend and for the trust placed in her, she’d hugged Angela tightly.

“Can you make time Monday afternoon?” Brennan asked.

“I’ll have to ask Cam, but I don’t think there’ll be a problem.” Angela answered. “I’m sooo excited for you, Sweetie. Congratulations. Is your fiancé there?”

“You really get a punch out of calling him that, right?” Brennan asked with a smile on her face.

“A kick. And I so totally get a kick out of calling Booth your fiancé…. It’s… just… great.!” Angela gave back.

“Yes, he’s here.” Temperance Brennan informed her best friend.

“Well, put him on. Bye, sweetie.” Angela said and Brennan shrugged and handed the phone to her partner.

“Angela wants to talk to you.”

Brennan rose and went to the bathroom after handing over the phone… despite the fact that her pregnancy was barely in the second trimester, she already had to use the bathroom more often than usual…. Although she’d been told that in a later stadium of the pregnancy it would be worse. She shuddered at the mere imagination.

When she came back after a few minutes, Booth had an amused look on his face. “Do you know what Angela just did?”

Brennan frowned a little. “Congratulated you?” She guessed.

“That too. At first. Then she told me that if I’ll ever hurt you, she’ll skin me alive.” Booth smiled at Brennan’s surprised face.

“Why would she say that?” Brennan blinked.

“Bones…. She loves you like a sister. She’s protective.” The FBI agent rose and closed the distance between them to pull her in his arms. “Good thing I have no intention of hurting you or letting you get hurt by anybody else.” He pressed a kiss to her temple.

“She didn’t mean it.” His fiancée said.

Booth pulled back to look into her eyes. “Of course she did. Well… she wouldn’t skin me, I guess. But I bet she would do her best to make my life as miserable as possible.”

“You think?” Brennan blinked, somewhat stunned that somebody would care that much about her.

“Yes. What if some guy broke Angela’s heart. What would you do?” Booth asked.

“Does this have to be hypothetical? Because I punched an ex boyfriend of hers when he wouldn’t leave her alone.” The forensic anthropologist calmly said.

Booth chuckled. “I should have known. You see? You’re protective of her and she’s protective of you.” He pressed another kiss to her temple. “And now, I think, we should think about informing your brother and your father. We can tell my parents and Parker tomorrow when we’re going to the Zoo.”

Brennan nodded, but her face fell a little. “What is it?” He asked her gently.

“I…. I don’t understand why, but…. It makes me sad that my father won’t be able to come to my wedding.” She admitted reluctantly.

Her confusion and hurt made his chest hurt a little. “I know it’s hard. He’s your Dad, of course you’ll want him at your wedding. But I fear there’s nothing to be done about that.” He gently brushed his thumb over her cheekbone. Silently he vowed to do whatever he could to get Max Keenan out of prison for a few hours so that he could walk his daughter down the aisle. But he wouldn’t mention it to her…. Getting her hopes up only to crush them later? No, he couldn’t do that.

He dropped a kiss to her forehead and held her near, thinking of whom he had to contact to make the impossible possible. For her.

Hope you liked it!!!! Please let me know, reviews make me feel sooooooo good.!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:28 am

I always love how you write the girl talks between Ange and Bren.....they could be directly out of an episode....
And I love that Booth will try to get Max out of prison for a few hours to be there for his daughter's wedding.
Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rike Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:30 am

Just the same as toz already said.
Love the girls.
And of course all the rest, too! Very Happy

Rike
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1695
Say What You Want : The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of consious.
Mahatma Ghandi
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Love Angela.
And Booth for being so perfect...
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:58 pm

thank you for your reviews, sweeties!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:25 am

I love it. I've been hoping that more was coming. Sorry you had the flu, but you sure did do a nice job of getting over it!

As soon as I finish reading a chapter I start imagining what could be coming up next ... stimulation is good for the ol' noodle!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kiisuke10 Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:12 pm

I just LOVE it. It's perfect.
I really hope something like that will happen in bones too.
I really really hope you will write more chapters, because it was amazing, and I would really like to read, what happens next, about how they get married and how they take care of the baby and so on.
kiisuke10
kiisuke10

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:15 pm

hey kiisuke10, welcome to the aby. Seems you took your very first post to comment on my story, and I'm very honored! THANKS!

I will def. continue this story, but since I work on other stories too, it might take some time... but I guess my (poor) readers are already used to me taking so long *sigh*

Thank you, kiisuke!
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:47 am

Cheesey! You know, Kiisuke is from Estonia. Seems like all estonians love your work Wink
You should be honored!
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7