Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

+8
mereva
Rike
Nane
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
ToZiKa
CheeseBK
bpaltland
magicstar
12 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007 - Page 3 Empty Re: and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:52 am

Posted 11/01/2008 12:15:18 AM
ToZiKa

I liked it...like always...pps
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11652
Say What You Want : Leader of the puritan party...pimp is my right hand man!!!
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007 - Page 3 Empty Re: and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:52 am

Posted 11/01/2008 07:29:57 PM
DBAngelfan

more more more!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:53 am

Posted 15/01/2008 05:23:50 AM

CheeseBK
Ha, now the thread is back again.... life is strange, really...

anyway, thanks for the comments, people, here's the next chapter!

Temperance Brennan was just about completing her paperwork, when a sudden wave of sickness hit her. There was no way out, she had to go to the bathroom. She quickly walked out of her office, hoping that nobody would speak to her on her. She was pretty sure that opening her mouth to talk would be a very bad idea right now.

Miraculously nobody seemed to take notice of her...In fact it even was as if people were intentionally ignoring her, which was strange. The urge to vomit was getting stronger and she quickened her pace. Every theory about why people may ignore her, eluded her... she only had one goal. When she finally opened the door to the bathroom, relief came over her.

A few minutes later she had washed away the bad taste in her mouth. She stared at her reflection in the mirror and wondered how she was going to keep her pregnancy a secret for the next few weeks. Her frequent trips to the bathroom were bound to raise suspicions. She could tell people she had the stomach flu..... which would be an excuse for one week, not five or six. She could only hope, that the sickness was going to get better with time.

The door opened and Brennan quickly straightened herself. “Sweetie.” The sound of Angela’s voice let her relax. “Hey, Ange.”

“Feeling sick?” Angela asked, careful concern in her voice. Brennan only nodded, but after a moment she added. “It’s better now.”

Angela smiled gently. “Tell me, when you need me, okay?”

Brennan nodded. “Sure.... Ange... Uhm....what did you tell people... they practically ignore me.”

Angela’s eyes widened. “Do they? Ah, well.... they know about you and Booth, but Cam told them not to look at you as if you were a circus animal, just because you finally hooked up with him. So I guess it’s just kind of... withholding the curiosity.”

Brennan frowned a little. “Oh... okay. I guess I better get used to... people’s reactions, right?”

“Uh-uh.” Angela gave her another thoughtful look. “People will notice that you are pale and use the bathroom more often, Bren.”

Her best friend sighed. “I know. I hope it gets better soon. I can’t tell people I have a stomach flu forever...”

“I am sure it will get better soon, Sweetie.... it’s all about positive thinking, right?” Angela tried to sound encouraging.

Brennan’s snort told her what she thought about positive thinking and Angela grinned to herself. “Zach is working on new remains from limbo, Bren, there are some interesting scrapes on the skull, maybe you want to have a look at them.”

“Are you trying to cheer me up or distract me?” Brennan gave her friend a suspicious glance while drying her hands.

Angela grinned. “Both, I guess. Is it working?”
Brennan smiled back. “Yes. Thank you, Ange. And sorry if I am going to be obnoxious...”

“I’ll let you know as soon as you are.... now come, let’s get some work done before Booth drags you out of the lab for lunch.” Angela winked at her.

Booth was trying to concentrate on the paperwork in front of him, but he often caught his mind wandering off to Temperance Brennan. And how gorgeous she had looked, as if glowing, when she had been lying beside him after making love.
She had occupied his thoughts before.... he had thought that he would be less distracted by her now, but instead it had become worse. Because Instead of wondering how she looked underneath her clothes, as he had done before, he now was easily able to picture her without clothes on, and oh, that sexy tousled look of her after they had spent hours in bed.... not sleeping of course. Talk about distraction.

He sighed and willed his thoughts back to the file in front of him.... He had given Cullen the first, quick résumé, but he still had to finish the detailed report. A glance at his watch told him that he had one hour left before picking up Brennan for lunch.

‘Better hurry, buddy’, he told himself. ‘Not a good idea to let a pregnant woman wait.’

Zach looked at Dr. Brennan, but quickly averted his gaze, when her eyes met his. She let out a deep sigh and finally said: “Please.... if you want to ask something, Zach, do it. This staring and not saying a word is driving me insane.”

Zach fidgeted a bit, but then he blurted out: “You and Booth are a couple now.”

Brennan’s eyebrow rose slightly. “Yes. I was aware of that, Zach.”

“Dr. Saroyan said that I am going to the crime scenes with Agent Booth now.” Zach continued.

Brennan nodded. “For now. Cullen is not too happy with us. Is there a problem, Zach? I thought you would be... proud to be in charge now.” She gave him a confused look.

“Oh. Yes. I have no problems with going to a crime scene... but... you went with Booth to question suspects and arrest them. I doubt I well be of help in things like that. I am not trained in self-defence like you.” Zach stated.

Brennan tried to picture Zach with Booth, arresting a suspect. And failed. It just was.... an impossible scenario... and Zach’s company would not make Booth’s situation any safer.

She gave Zach a gentle smile. “You won’t have to do that, Zach. Booth is training another agent for the next few weeks, he is going to accompany him to question suspects and all that. Don’t worry.”

“Oh. Good.” Relief showed on Zach’s face. “That’s good.” He murmured.

“Is there anything else?” Brennan asked, knowing that Zach still had something to say.

“I... I hope you and Agent Booth are going to be happy together.” The younger forensic anthropologist finally stammered.

Surprised she just stared at him, but then hurried to answer. “That’s.... thank you, Zach. I certainly hope so, too.” Somehow, the exchange had been awkward, and they both hastily returned their attention to their work.

Angela, who had witnessed the scene, had to smile to herself. Those two were just too funny and adorably clueless when it came to emotional things.
It was like watching penguins in the desert – completely out of their territory.
She chuckled and continued with the sketch she had been working on.

here we go, please let me know, what you think!!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:53 am

Posted 15/01/2008 10:57:08 AM
gimmeagun

cheese just got caught up on this and i love it! wonder how long they can keep it a secret for...

i loved zachs line how he wants them to be happy...he's so awkward..gotta love him.

great job so far cheese...cant wait to read more!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:54 am

Posted 15/01/2008 12:44:08 AM
ToZiKa

Cheese you got me really worried with not finding the thread and everything....I really thought the whole story would be lost...but thank god here t is again...

Like always I really liked the new chapter.
Especially the conversation of Zach and Temperance at the end....but the best part was that:

CheeseBK wrote :
It was like watching penguins in the desert – completely out of their territory.

I love the penguin-image....
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:55 am

Posted 15/01/2008 02:15:25 PM
CheeseBK

hey gimme, tozika
thanks a lot for your reviews!!!
and thanks for pointing out certain passages, that really means a lot!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:55 am

Posted 15/01/2008 04:38:12 PM
piratesmiley

oh, sweet jesus. i love zack. i really just want to give him a big ol' hug, and maybe tussle his nonexistant hair...

I love this story! Total perfection..
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:57 am

Posted 16/01/2008 01:11:45 AM
DBAngelfan

awww yeah he does need a hug. Post soon!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:58 am

Posted 16/01/2008 10:35:49 AM
Sarah9488

Oh, that is such a cute story. Zack was great and I loved Angela's thoughts in the end, as well as the conspiracy thing she was thinking about earlier. Hodgins who loves conspiracies isn't part in that one. Poor guy!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:58 am

Posted 21/01/2008 08:36:28 AM
CheeseBK

Hey sweeties! Thank you all so much for your wonderful reviews. Glad you liked the penguins in the desert
Here we go, Chapter 10 is ready!!!

Chapter 10:

Booth could hardly believe how lucky he was. He was sitting in an italian restaurant, facing his Bones, who was studying the menu. He had opened his menu too, but he simply was too enthralled by the look of her in front of him.

If somebody had told him only a week earlier, that Temperance Brennan and he were going to be a couple and soon-to-be-parents he would have laughed. Not because he did not want it, but just because he would have never thought it possible. But here was now.... and it felt good, almost too good to be true.

“You’re staring...” Brennan interrupted his thoughts, giving him a questioning look.

He sighed, reached over the table and took her right hand in his. “I just thought, that this is so unbelievable. Like a dream.... If it’s a dream, then I don’t want to wake up.”

Brennan snorted. “If you would be the one doing all the gagging you would not have the illusion it could be a dream.” Despite her words, he saw a glint in her eyes. A certain expression he now knew was reserved for him and their growing child. A wonderful secret.

Gently he squeezed her hand and said. “You know I would take that sickness thing for you, if I could... but I can’t.”

“I know Booth.” She sighed. “It’s okay, I guess. Countless women endured it before me. It’s bearable.... but still disgusting.”

“That’s why will drop the subject while picking our meals, okay?” He winked at her and she smiled. “Yeah, I am starving.”

“Big surprise.” He laughed. “I guess feeding you will get expensive.”

“I have my own money, Booth.” She remarked, frowning a little, a hint of accusation in her voice.

“I know, Bones. It was a joke.” Booth explained gently, causing her eyes to widen in surprise and understanding. “Oh... sorry.... I “

“I know, Bones. It’s not your fault you’re more touchy now. Just remember I love you.” He winked at her, but she knew he meant it. She leant in towards him a little and whispered. “It’s going to be easier to keep that in mind if you say it.... regularly.” She smiled and he grinned at her. “So you do like it when I tell you that you mean everything to me?” He quickly closed the distance between them and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“Sure, Booth, I am a woman.” She stated, rolling her eyes.

“ I noticed.” Booth winked again then he nodded towards the menus. “Let’s pick something ... can’t let you starve, can I?”

She nodded, concentrating on the menu again... and he admired her for another moment, then forced his attention on the listed meals.

Special Agent Julian Andrews was curious by nature. Paired with his plan to make himself the only apparent choice for replacing Deputy Director Cullen in a few years his curiosity lead him to keep an eye on Special Agent Booth, one of his only real competitors for the job.

When Booth had left the building for lunch break, Andrews followed him. He wanted to know what was up with Booth.... something had changed, he seemed to be in a good mood.... so very contrary to his behaviour before talking to Cullen, Andrews had become suspicious.

He followed Booth to the Jeffersonian and saw him pick up Dr. Brennan, his partner, a squint. Andrews snorted. He had never understood why Cullen had agreed to a liaison between the Jeffersonian and the FBI that allowed a squint to accompany a FBI agent in official matters.

But when he followed them to a cosy Italian restaurant he was pretty sure things were not official. A self-satisfied grin spread over his face. So, maybe he had just found a way to get Booth out of the competition.

He watched them take their seats on the small terrace of the restaurant, watched them talk. The exchange of looks would have told him enough, but Booth even had the nerve to kiss the woman. Andrews chuckled.

Special Agent Seeley Booth was a fool. And he, Julian Andrews, would make sure everybody was going to know about it.

A few moments later he was on his way back to the J.Edgar-Hoover-building.

“Look, Mrs. Benton... I know Deputy Director Cullen is a busy man... it’s just I have something pretty urgent to discuss with him.... so if you can fit me in between his appointments....”

Rachel Benton sighed. “Okay, Andrews. He just came back from an appointment and will be leaving to have lunch in five minutes. Lunch is important to him. This better be serious, okay?”

She quickly announced him over her headset, trying to ignore the disapproving grumble of her boss. She motioned for Julian Andrews to enter the office and sighed again. She did not like him.... and the smug expression on his face just could not mean anything good.

“Sir.” Andrews greeted his boss. “Sorry, but something urgent came up.”

Cullen frowned a little and gave him an odd look. “This better be good, Andrews.... I want to leave in five minutes.”

“Yes, sir. Sir, first I want to tell you, that I by no means had the intention to sneak up on one of my colleagues. But I just witnessed something and I am sure you will be interested in this. I see it as my duty as a responsible agent to report inappropriate behaviour of other agents.”

Cullen’s frown deepened, but he looked a bit concerned. “You have my full attention, Andrews.”

“I... just – accidentally – witnessed that Special Agent Booth kissed his partner.” Andrews said, in a low and confidential tone.

“Did you?” Cullen tried to hide his amusement and decided to give Andrews a lesson ‘Accidentally, my ass’ he thought. ‘This guy is trying to improve his chances to get my job.’

“Well, this is a surprise..... I would have never guessed... that Booth...... Well, I think I will have to assign Agent Saunders to somebody else.” Cullen mused, trying to keep his voice serious.

“Yes...... what? Agent Saunders? No, no, Sir. I am talking about Dr. Brennan..... the squint he’s been working with the past few years.” Andrews stammered, confused.

“Oh. So you came here to tell me Booth is kissing Dr. Brennan? Well, I think it’s a perfectly normal behaviour for a couple.... I don’t see where the problem lies, Andrews.” Cullen remarked.

Andrews’ jaw dropped and he needed a moment before he was able to form a coherent thought. “You knew?” He finally choked out.

“I knew. Special Agent Booth informed me about the change in his relationship with Dr. Brennan. For the time being Agent Saunders was assigned to be his partner. Which is a good thing, since Saunders is a young and inexperienced agent who will surely benefit from working with a reliable senior agent like Booth.” Cullen stated calmly.
“Oh.” Andrews stammered, embarrassed. “I did not know.....I just thought it was my duty...”

“Yeah, I understand, Andrews. But perhaps it would be better .... to channel your energy into solving crimes rather than into these accidental sightings of your colleagues. I am inclined to think your report on how you saw Special Agent Langley use his SUV for private purpose has something to do with your career planning. Let me get this straight, Andrews. You will not improve your chances for this office by finking on your colleagues. I don’t tolerate something like that. Understood?” Cullen’s voice was now icy, his gaze fixed on Special Agent Andrews.

Andrews’ eyes widened. “I... This was never my intention, Sir. But, yes, understood.”

“Good. I think this was all, then?” Cullen asked. Andrews only nodded, embarrassment reddening his cheeks.

“Goodbye, Special Agent Andrews.” Cullen said calmly and Andrews returned a breathless. “Goodbye, Sir.”
before fleeing Cullen’s office.

Cullen grinned to himself. He wondered how his predecessor had ever endured these awful bootlickers.
“Rachel?” He called over his phone. “Andrews is gone?”

“Yes, Sir.... he practically ran away.” Rachel informed him, amusement and wonder in her voice.

“Good.” Cullen chuckled and Rachel’s eyebrows shot upwards in surprise. Her boss hardly ever smiled, let alone chuckle.

“You can leave for lunch now, Rachel.... and maybe you might want to let some people know that Booth is going to be training Agent Saunders for the next few weeks and not be accompanied by his squint. But I assume he will still be seeing Dr. Brennan quite often.... No official declarations of any sort, Rachel, that’s something Booth will have to do for himself. But Andrews should not be the only one knowing about ... changes.” Cullen told her.

“Deputy Director Cullen... are you officially instructing me to.... gossip?” She asked incredulously.

“Damn right. And make sure Booth comes to my office in the afternoon.” Cullen said, his voice almost cheerful.

“Ehem... yes, Sir. I will inform Special Agent Booth.” Rachel confirmed and when she heard that Cullen had hung up she gave the phone an confused look.
Then she smiled.
Her boss had just told her to gossip...... a woman could get used to that.

haha, evil andrews got a lesson, right??? did you like it?
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:59 am

Posted 21/01/2008 08:47:16 AM
MissFabulous

just read it quickly and I liked it cheesy !
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:00 am

Posted 21/01/2008 09:50:30 AM
mereva

You go!!!!! I knew there should be a reason why I always liked Cullen!
GREAT chapter, liked it very much!!!!!

"Her boss had just told her to gossip... a woman could get used to that." Hehe... That's priceless!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:00 am

Posted 21/01/2008 10:33:51 AM
CheeseBK

hey mereva...
hi missfab...
thank you two so much for your reviews!!! it means a lot to me!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:01 am

Posted 21/01/2008 11:10:19 AM
piratesmiley

Well, damn skippy he got what her deserved! Power to the people! And good for Cullen for sticking up for Booth. I always thought the guy was kind of evil.

I loved it! Update soon!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:01 am

Posted 21/01/2008 01:17:56 PM
ToZiKa

I didn't like Andrews in the last chpter but now....I think he kind digged his own grave....did he really think he might get the job like this?
But Cullen showed him what he thinks of such a behaviour.

Btw I loved how relaxed Bones now is about her pregnancy.

Please continue soon!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:02 am

Posted 22/01/2008 08:05:54 AM
CheeseBK

thanks for your comments, sweeties! next update may take some time, I am working on the next installment for "Don't be scared" right now ... and yesterday I posted two one-shots, if you are interested (Shivers and other one-shots)
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:03 am

Posted 23/01/2008 00:49:17 AM
DBAngelfan

hmm that should be interesting. More soon!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:04 am

Posted 25/01/2008 06:06:46 AM
CheeseBK

Hey sweeties! Thank you all so much for your wonderful reviews. Glad you liked how Cullen reacted to Andrews.... Here we go, Booth and Brennan are still at the restaurant.

Chapter 11:

Booth’s phone rang, interrupting his meal. He sighed, lowering his fork, and looked at the lasagne on the plate in front of him. He could only hope the conversation was going to be short or the delicious pasta would get cold.
Or Miss “I-eat-it-all” in front of him was going to steal it from him. She sure had a predatory expression on her face and her plate was already empty.

He quickly pulled out his cell phone, not happy when he saw it was a call from his boss’s secretary. “Booth”
He answered it.

“Special Agent Booth, Deputy Director Cullen asked me to inform you, that he wanted to meet you in his office after lunch. He is leaving for lunch now.... he should be back in an hour.” Mrs. Benton’s voice told him.

“He wants to see me again?” Booth could not hide his surprise. Had he changed his mind?

“Yes. Ehm....Booth, there is ... something I wanted to ask... I mean...” Booth could not believe it.... was Rachel Benton really stammering, as if embarrassed? Cullen’s secretary usually was pretty forward and professional.

“Rachel?” He asked, waiting for her to continue.
Then he spotted Brennan’s hand - armed with a fork - move towards his plate and hissed.
“Could you keep your hands off my food, Bones?”

Brennan gave him a pleading look, patting her belly, as if she wanted to say. ‘I am eating for two.’

Booth rolled his eyes and gestured for her to take his plate. Who could resist that look?

“Rachel?” He asked again, still waiting for Cullen’s secretary to ask her question.

“You’re with Dr. Brennan right now?” Rachel Benton blurted out.

“Yeah.” Booth answered, frowning. Why would she want to know that?

“Booth.... Cullen kind of... implied you and her...” Rachel stopped again.

Booth could hardly believe that the Rachel Benton he knew seemed to be flustered and embarrassed about this.

“Rachel if you are asking if we are a couple, then the answer is: yes, we are. But WHY do you ask?” Booth said, watching Brennan’s eyes suddenly snap to his, at the word ‘couple’. Her eyebrows rose, questioningly.
Booth shrugged lightly. He would explain it to her later.

“Well.... I just wanted to make sure. Cullen told me to inform people that you will be working with Saunders from now, but that you will be seeing Dr. Brennan often. I... he practically told me to gossip. I don’t do that, usually. I don’t want to be just telling tales, you know.” Rachel quickly explained.

“Cullen told you to gossip? Why on earth would he do that?” Booth gasped.

Brennan watched him intently, chewing on a bit of lasagne. A quick glance to the plate in front of her told Booth it had been the last bite of HIS lasagne. Her gnocchi were finished too. That left only a bit of salad..... well, he would not go that low to battle over a few leaves with her. Better endure the hunger like a man.

“Well, Booth.... I am not sure if I should tell you this..... But I like you and I just want you to be warned, when you come back later..... Andrews rushed in to talk to Cullen about something urgent.... and soon afterwards he practically ran from Cullen’s office. After this Cullen was in a good mood and well...... told me to go for lunch and tell people about you and Dr. Brennan....... unofficially, as he said.” Rachel reluctantly reported.

“Well, if he told you, do it.... I don’t care. People will find out eventually. It does not matter.” Booth answered, watching his girlfriend finishing off the salad that she had ordered as a side dish.

“Okay, Booth..... Hey,... Congratulations.” Rachel said, her voice indicating she was relieved now.

Booth’s eyes widened in surprise. “On what?” He quickly asked, suspicious. Rachel Benton could not know about Bones’ pregnancy, could she?

“That you two finally admitted what you mean to each other, what else?” Rachel gave back, surprise in her voice.

Booth relaxed “Oh, right.... Thank you, Rachel. Until later, okay?” He quickly closed the phone, effectively terminating the conversation.

Brennan gave him a questioning look. “What was this about?” She asked, reaching for the last slice of white bread that was left in the bowl on the table.

Booth watched her incredulously, but answered: “Cullen told his secretary to make sure people know we are a couple. I don’t know why, but I have the dubious honour of meeting him in an hour – again. Maybe he will explain it. Rachel thinks that another agent might have something to do with it. People will be talking about us pretty soon....... ah well,... it would have happened anyway.”

Brennan looked at him, a smile tugging on her lips. “It’s awkward, isn’t it? Zach told me he hopes we’ll be happy together.... it was.... strange.” She mused, recalling the conversation that had taken place earlier that day.

“Bones, Zach IS strange.” Booth commented, watching the last crumb of bread vanish between her lips.

“He is not. You know, he was afraid he would have to go out and arrest and question suspects with you.” Brennan mumbled, licking her fingers.

“As if....” Booth chuckled. “The kid would be no help, more the contrary.”

“I know. I told him you’ll take Agent Saunders with you instead. He was relieved.” The forensic anthropologist said, her hand searching for another slice of bread. A frown appeared on her face, when she found the bowl empty.

“How about dessert?” She asked, licking her lips. The predator was back.

Booth shook his head. “Where is all the food going?”

Her frown deepened. “It’s going the same way as usual. You chew, you swallow...”
Booth leant forward, silencing her with a passionate kiss.

“What was that for?” Brennan asked after a moment, still savouring the feeling of his lips on hers.

“You know, it’s kind of sexy, this hungry, ravenous side of yours.” Booth grinned at her.

“It’s perfectly normal that I need more nutrition now, Booth. Especially since my sickness cost me my breakfast today.” Brennan lectured him, a stern look on her face.

“Uh-uh. I know, Bones. Come on, let’s order dessert. I am still hungry, since you ate half of my lasagne.” Booth quickly answered, taking her hand in his.

“I think I’ll try that chocolate cake....” She sighed, the expression on her face going dreamy. “Or how about a macedonia? Or..... maybe I’ll just take both.”

Booth watched her, how she mused about which dessert to take, her fingers absently tracing the rim of her water glass. She looked adorable and he whispered in a gentle voice. “I love you.”
Her eyes fixed on him. “I’ll take both.”

Booth chuckled. “Did you hear what I was saying?” He had never thought Brennan could get so excited and distracted by food.

Brennan smiled at him. “I love you too.”

Then she motioned for the waiter to come to their table.

Okay, all together now: aw! Please let me know if you liked it.

Thank you!!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:04 am

Posted 25/01/2008 09:27:00 AM
ToZiKa

Oh poor Booth nothing's left of his food.....but she has to eat for two now....it's totally normal....
I liked it, that Rachel didn't start to gossip right away but first called Booth to make sure it is true.
And I'm curious about what Culen wants to talk to Booth....maybe he is going to tell him what Andrews did?
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:05 am

Posted 25/01/2008 09:28:27 AM
mereva

*totally melting* Those food cravings are adorable!
Very sweet chapter, loved it.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:06 am

Posted 25/01/2008 01:19:00 PM
CheeseBK

thank you so much for your reviews!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:06 am

Posted 25/01/2008 04:29:30 PM
piratesmiley

I can NOT wait until she starts getting fat.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:07 am

Posted 25/01/2008 05:16:43 PM
DBAngelfan

lol more more!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:07 am

Posted 30/01/2008 10:38:58 AM
CheeseBK

Thanks for your comments, sweeties!!! Glad you liked it!

Chapter 12

Booth drove Brennan back to the Jeffersonian after their lunch. They enjoyed a long kiss good bye in his car, with two scientists watching them with open interest.
“We have an audience.” Booth whispered in Brennan’s ear, but she waved his words away with a simple gesture. “Let them.” She added, kissing him again. “See you in the evening?” She then asked, before opening her door and he nodded. “I’ll call you later.” He added, smiling.
She nodded and left the car, walking towards the main entrance.

He stayed were he was for a little longer than necessary, simply watching her walk, watching the sunlight dance over her auburn hair. And he decided, that he was a very lucky man.

Then he waved playfully at the two people that had been watching him and Bones earlier, before driving away.

Fifteen minutes later he was sitting in Cullen’s office, waiting for his boss to return. Rachel had told him to wait in the office, assuring him that it would be better.
Better than what? He had asked himself, but had done as Cullen’s secretary had told him.

So, he was waiting now, thinking of Rachel’s call, wondering what could have happened that had made Cullen decide that his secretary needed to gossip about him and Bones. He could not picture Rachel Benson sitting in the cafetaria, chin-wagging. And with official permission, too.

A few moments later, Cullen entered his office, not surprised to see Special Agent Seeley Booth sitting in front of his desk.

“Booth..... Just sit.” He added to the casual greeting, when he saw Booth was about to stand up.

“Thank you, Sir.” Booth said, eagerly waiting for his boss to finally explain the need for a second meeting.

“Booth, what I am telling you now is between you and me... understood?” Cullen said, after sitting down.

“Yes, Sir.” Booth nodded.

“Special Agent Andrews was here a few minutes before I left for lunch. He was trying to surprise me with the news you and Dr. Brennan were together.” Cullen simply said.

Booth’s eyebrows rose. “How would he know that? I picked Bones up at the Jeffersonian... he would have to....” Booth stopped and paled a little.

“Exactly what I suspected.” Cullen slowly nodded. “He followed you. Andrews seems to be keen on denouncing his colleagues. I already knew he is quite eager to become my successor, although I am going to stay for another few years.... but I never thought he would go to such extremes. I already told him in no uncertain terms, that I won’t tolerate this behaviour. But I also had to tell him I knew about the relationship between you and Dr. Brennan. I told Rachel to make it more or less unofficial knowledge... also the fact that you are going to work with Saunders the next few weeks. So everything Andrews has to tell people will be old news by then.”

Booth frowned a little, but nodded. “I think I understand, Sir.”

“Good. I did not want to hurry you into something...” Cullen tried to explain.

“No, Sir. It really won’t be a problem. We never intended to hide it any longer.” Booth assured his boss.

Cullen nodded. “Good. There is something else, though, Booth. I will have an eye on Andrews, but my.... reach is limited. He was pretty upset, when I told him he was not going to get my job by finking on colleagues. Andrews is good at his job, but he is too focussed on his career...... and I think maybe he will try something. Just be prepared.”

Booth’s eyes widened in surprise at Cullen’s serious and honest words, but he caught himself quickly. “I will, Sir, thank you. I... never liked him anyway.”

Cullen let out a humourless laugh. “Me neither. But he IS good at his job. And I can’t afford losing talented agents.... which includes you, Booth. So you and Andrews have to ... get along.”

“Yes, Sir.” Booth answered. ‘Get along, my ass.’ He thought. ‘Andrews, that ass-hole, FOLLOWED us... how sick is that?’

“And you are not going to mention this conversation to anybody, Booth. I hope Andrews learned his lesson and is going to behave now, so there is no need to draw more attention to this.... incident. Understood?” Cullen said, his voice stern.

Booth nodded courtly. “Of course, Sir.” But he sighed inwardly at the words and swallowed hard.
A colleague – somebody he was supposed to be able to trust - had followed him and his pregnant partner.....
How was he supposed to just forget about this? Even if Andrews had only done this because he wanted to improve his career chances..... who knew he had not developed some kind of personal grudge against him now? Against Bones?
Unbidden, images of another ‘incident’ invaded his mind.
Bones, gagged, threatened by Jamie Kenton. Another colleague, somebody Booth HAD trusted....somebody who nearly had killed the woman he loved.

Cullen saw his reluctance and interpreted it correctly. After a moment he finally said. “For God’s sake, tell Dr. Brennan, but nobody else.”

Relief washed over Booth. “Thank you, Sir. I will feel better if she knows about it.” He was genuinely thankful..

“Andrews is not Kenton, Booth.” Cullen added after moment. “He is not going to harm her.”

The sudden perceptiveness of his boss took Booth aback, but he did not deny he had just been thinking about Jamie Kenton. “I know, Sir. But still....Once burnt, twice cautious.” He murmured.
Especially now, he thought, with this new relationship between them and the life that was growing inside her.
The knowledge of all this was still so fresh, but he already felt used to protect this new aspect of his life.
He was going to be very careful.

Cullen nodded understandingly and dismissed him with a few words.

Still lost in thoughts, Booth was strolling towards his office a few minutes later... so he did not notice the meaningful glances and suggestive grins his colleagues were giving him.
A whistle, however, finally caught his attention and he looked up, surprised to see several agents grinning at him broadly.

“Booth....” A younger colleague, Agent Cramer, finally addressed him. “You know, we heard something VERY interesting.”

Booth understood. Facing the inevitable he smiled and feigned ignorance. “And what was that?”

“That you finally screw-” An older agent nudged the younger one, interrupting him and grumbled:
“You should know better than that. Don’t say anything wrong about his bone lady or you can crawl to her and ask her for the names of the sorry bones of yours Booth broke.”

Booth’s eyes had narrowed when Agent Cramer had started to talk, but the words of the older agent made him smile. “Hmmm... she would cook him first to get off the flesh. Bones doesn’t like to work with fleshy remains. Cooking could take a few hours, Cramer.” Booth said with a meaningful look at Cramer’s stomach.

The other agents laughed, while Thomas Cramer frowned a little. “You know that’s gross, right?” He asked..

“Ah, you asked for it, Tom!” Another agent said. Again everybody laughed. Then Special Agent Brown – the older colleague who had saved Cramer from at least a black eye before – winked at Booth.
“But she makes an exception with you, Booth, doesn’t she?”

“I do not even have to break my bones first.” Booth admitted, grinning sheepishly and laughter erupted from the group again.

“So it IS true.” Brown stated. “Told ya, guys..... Rachel’s not telling tales. Is that why you’re going to train Saunders now, Booth?”

“Sort of...... But Bones is pretty busy at the Jeffersonian too.” Booth answered, trying to find a good balance between truth and lie.

After another few witty or suggestive comments by his colleagues, the group spread again and he finally was able to enter his office.
He drew in a deep breath and sat down at his desk, smiling to himself. ‘That went better than expected’ He thought.

Please let me know if you like it!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:08 am

Posted 30/01/2008 10:53:23 AM
ToZiKa

Good to hear that every other agent he met liked the idea of Booth and Bones finally together....only Andrews thought he could use it for his own carreer....
PPS
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next