Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

+8
mereva
Rike
Nane
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
ToZiKa
CheeseBK
bpaltland
magicstar
12 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007 - Page 2 Empty Re: and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:38 am

Posted 18/12/2007 04:06:14 AM
nane

How do you do that? It´s getting better and better. I feel like a voyeur somewhere hiding in a corner. And all these lies and streched truth´s, hope they don´t backfire.... But I guess you have that under control. Now I can imagine a REAL long story with all this ongoing development. Keeps me happy!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11652
Say What You Want : Leader of the puritan party...pimp is my right hand man!!!
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007 - Page 2 Empty Re: and that's how it happened... - romance/drama - BB - rating? T? by CheeseBK Posted 12/12/2007

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:38 am

Posted 18/12/2007 04:34:33 AM
saraluvzbonz

Ah... the memories. My best friend said that she and her hubby weren't planning on telling their families until after the end of the first trimester, but it didn't last very long.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:39 am

Posted 18/12/2007 05:34:44 AM
CheeseBK

hey thanks for your reviews, nane and sara....

yeah it looks like it's going to be a longer story... again... It's funny... I always plan a shortie and end up with a HUGE fanfic... just like Hope or Don't be scared... or Lilac
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:40 am

Posted 18/12/2007 07:45:08 AM
BGWGscienceteacher

Great chapter. I can't believe that she didn't fight him about not going into the field. I just hope that all of this lying doesn't back fire on them. Please, tell Musie to make sure that all is well in the Bones world, please. PPS
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 18/12/2007 07:50:14 AM
CheeseBK

hey bgwgscienceteacher,
thanks again for reviewing.... regarding the not fighting ...... well, she said, she feels protective about the baby in the beginning.... so I thought it would be not right to let her go out and chase suspects... although it might be ooc.... but hey, I've been told pregnant women do sometimes act ooc
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 18/12/2007 10:49:07 PM
miller0259

lol - "Don't babe me"
hehe, that just made me giggle for some reason
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:41 am

Posted 19/12/2007 01:24:14 AM
DBAngelfan

lol nice as always
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:41 am

Posted 19/12/2007 06:17:34 AM
ToZiKa

Good to hear that you are changing the shortie into a longer fic!
It is cute how they try to explain everything without telling the others about her pregnancy.

PPS
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:42 am

Posted 21/12/2007 04:00:22 AM
CheeseBK

Hi people... thanks for being patient.... here we go with chapter 5, chapter 6 is almost finished too.

Chapter 5:

Angela’s face lit up, when she saw her best friend and Booth approaching. She had been worrying about Brennan.... she had taken the afternoon off after her doctor’s appointment – which was a strange enough behaviour for her to start with.... and then she had not been in her office when Angela had shown up. Very strange, indeed. Angela could easily name the rare occasion when Brennan had been late for work.

Usually a “late for work-Brennan” meant problems of some sort. Problems with a case, problems with her family and so on. Angela could not recall a single occasion, when Brennan had just slept in – as normal people sometimes do – there had always been something up, always a reason for her coming late. And watching Booth and Brennan coming closer, Angela knew that her best friend had something to tell her, news of some sort.

Brennan seemed to be nervous, maybe even upset about something. Booth on the other hand looked a little nervous too, but .......happy? Angela frowned. She was pretty sure she had never seen Booth being happy, when Brennan was upset. Never. She wondered, what could have caused this constellation, but her thoughts were interrupted, when Brennan greeted her: “Morning, Ange. Would you mind coming to my office with me? I...would like to talk to you.”

Angela nodded. “Sure, no problem, Sweetie. Hi Booth!” She studied Booth’s face for a short moment, but the FBI agent was not paying attention to her at all. He mumbled a distracted: “Morning Angela.” But his eyes were fixed on Brennan. “I am going to see Cam now, Bones. Okay?” He winked at her, in an encouraging way and Angela’s eyebrows shot upwards. Brennan nodded and gave him a wry smile, then she motioned for Angela to follow her.

When she entered her office, she let out a deep sigh and moved to the wardrobe to hang up her coat. Towards Angela she mumbled: “Close the door , please.”

Angela was surprised, but did as she was told. After a moment of silence she asked. “Big secrets ahead?”

Brennan lowered herself into the chair behind her desk and nodded slowly. “You have no idea. Actually part of what I am going to tell you really is a secret.... part is not.” Her voice sounded odd and again worry rose in Angela.

“Sweetie, you can tell me anything. Your secrets are safe, you know that...... Is it something about your family?”
Angela asked gently.

Brennan shook her head, but all of a sudden she stopped her movement and a small smile covered her face. She looked somewhat surprised and her voice was a soft whisper, when she said. “Family..... Yes.... Yes it’s about family.” Her smile widened....... It was indeed about her family. She had just recognised, that she was going to have her own family. With Booth. She was going to have her own family, somewhere to belong to. Of course her friends were some kind of family too, as Booth had once explained to her. But this was different, this was MORE.

She glanced over to Angela, who looked at her in astonishment and whispered. “MY family.” The words sounded wonderful to her.

“Cam?” Booth gently knocked at the door to Dr. Saroyan’s office. It was ajar, but he did not want to just...burst in. It would be an odd enough conversation.... he might as well try to start it politely.

“Yeah. Come in.” Her voice sounded a little distracted and sure enough he found her at her desk, concentrating on some papers.

“Shall I come later?” He asked, not keen on the prospect of having to postpone the conversation, knowing that Brennan was talking to Angela right now.... and his relationship to her was going to be public knowledge soon. He owed it to Cam to tell her himself.

“No.... just a moment... I need to finish this.” Cam answered and scribbled something down.... after a few moments, she finally lowered the pen and looked at him. “Did I ever mention that I hate paperwork?”

“Yes.... and I usually tell you, that you applied for the wrong job, if you are not happy with paperwork” He smiled a bit.

“Right” She sighed and smiled a little. “What can I do for you, Booth? I am not going to help you out, in case you manoeuvred yourself into an argument with Dr. Brennan again.”

He shook his head. “No argument... but it has something to do with her.” He sighed and hesitated for a moment, then he gestured towards the chair in front of her desk. “Can I sit down?”

Her eyebrows rose in surprise. “Seeley... what is it? You never knocked before and you never ask before sitting down.... Is something wrong with her? She’s been to the doctor yesterday and took the afternoon off....... that was.... unusual.”

She watched as his face lit up a little at her words and her confusion deepened.

“No.... nothing is wrong, Cam.” He answered in a low voice. ‘No, not wrong, indeed...’ He thought and a tiny smile crept on his face.

“Cam.... Bones....and I... “ He stopped and cleared his throat. He had no idea how to tell her... he had never been in such a situation before. How are you telling your ex-girlfriend, that you are in love with on of her employees? ‘Somebody should write a book about things like that. Some kind of guideline’, he thought sarcastically.

“You what? No argument? What then? Wait......... Seeley, are you telling me, that you two finally .... “ Cam’s voice trailed off too. Was he really talking about the same thing she was thinking about?

His brow furrowed a little. ‘Finally’, he thought, ‘finally? Has it been that obvious to everybody?’

“We...... I....... I love her.” He finally blurted out. ‘Great, just great.... ‘ he thought ‘Very smooth.’

Cam looked surprised for a moment, but then the expression on her face changed to amusement. “I knew that.... But... does she know too?”

“You knew?” He breathed, surprised.

“Seeley.... It was kind of obvious... All these things you keep doing for her......Don’t forget, I’ve known you for a while now..... I knew for some time, that you fell for her. But.... does she know?” Cam asked, curiously.

Booth felt a little embarrassed, that Cam had known about his feelings.... he had thought he had been hiding it quite well under the “Partner and friends” – coat. He decided to ignore the embarrassment..... after all, there were more important things right now.

“She knows now.” He answered, not sure how to continue. Should he say, that they were together now.... or that she returned the feeling.... or......what?

Cam chuckled. “So, Seeley, are you seriously telling me, that you are sitting here like a school boy in the principal’s office to tell me you two finally jumped each other?”

“Uhm....... yeah?” Booth blushed a little.

She laughed again. “Well...... that’s good news, isn’t it? Maybe you’ll argue less now.”

“You’re not.... mad?” He asked, cautiously.

She shook her head and winked at him. “Seeley Booth, don’t overestimate yourself. I am SO over you. If she makes you happy and the other way round..... I am okay with it. You deserve it... both of you.”

He let out the breath he had been holding. “Wow... that’s great.... thanks, Cam.” He sounded genuinely relieved and she shook her head again. “What did you think, Booth..... that I was going to fire her, just because she is seeing my ex now? You should really know me better. Now, just for my curiosity: When did you finally ...... get together?”

Remembering, that he had a story to stick to, he smiled secretly and answered. “A few weeks now... but we... decided to wait before telling everybody.”

Cam nodded thoughtfully. She was a bit surprised, she had not noticed anything before, but she could hardly spend all her time watching Booth and Brennan’s progress.... so she might just have overlooked the signs.

“And now you are telling people? Why?” She asked.

The question took him aback for a moment, but then he shrugged and gave her a boyish grin: “Secretly holding hands like teenagers is not her thing.”

Cam chuckled. “I can imagine that. Usually she is..... pretty forward...”

He nodded, glad that her boss – his ex – was taking it that cool. He could only hope his boss would react calmly too. Which reminded him, that he had somewhere to be.

He rose and smiled at Cam: “Well.... now that we talked about that..... I have to go.... My boss needs to know, too.” He slowly moved towards the door, but he stopped, when he heard Cam softly say his name. “Seeley?”
He turned around. “Yeah?”

He saw that her face was serious, when she said: “I am happy for you, I really am.”

Booth smiled broadly at her. “Thanks, Cam. That means a lot.” He waved at her and left her office.

She watched him leave and sighed inwardly. So, another good man was taken.

But she had known, that he had lost his heart to his partner some time ago..... it was good to know, that Dr. Brennan was aware of that now.... Cam had feared, that one day, her friend – because that was how she was thinking of Booth - was going to get his heart broken by Brennan not recognising his feelings. But now she did not only know, but even return the feelings. And it surely was not going to be just a fling or something. Not between those two.

A sad smile appeared on Dr. Saroyan’s face. Maybe, someday she was going to find her other half too. Someday.

reviews are more than only welcome!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:42 am

Posted 21/12/2007 06:15:31 AM
ToZiKa

Nice chapter.
Especially this part:

‘Somebody should write a book about things like that. Some kind of guideline’, he thought sarcastically.

I can't believe that it is this hard for him to tell Cam...
Everybody could see for a while now that they are in love, why should she not have recognized it?
Some times I can't believe how they both can be this oblivious...

PPS
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:43 am

Posted 21/12/2007 07:52:25 AM
CheeseBK

tozika, thanks a lot for your review!!!

early christmas present: Chapter 6

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6:

Angela ‘s eyes had widened at Brennan’s odd behaviour. The thought of her family seemed to make her happy, which was a novum.... normally thinking of her family made her kind of melancholic and usually only a wry smile appeared on her face. But now she was... smiling broadly??? Angela was confused.

“Bren? What.... is it?” Angela asked, her curiosity taking over.

Brennan blinked, she seemed to have forgotten about Angela’s presence. “Oh... sorry... Uhm.”
‘Okay,’ she told herself ‘you can do that. She is like a sister to you. You can tell her.’

“Angela.... Booth and I.... we.... are a couple now.” ‘There! I said it.’ She was proud of herself.

Angela gasped and for a moment her mouth just moved, without a single sound coming out. It looked funny enough to make Brennan chuckle. “Close your mouth, Ange.... You’ve been telling me forever what a nice couple we would make.”

“You are not making some kind of cruel joke, Brennan, are you?” Angela stammered after a moment.

Brennan shook her head. “No. It’s not a joke, Angela. Booth and I.... we love each other.”

Angela’s eyes widened. “Wow” She whispered, taken aback by Brennan’s admission. “I was surprised enough by you telling me you are a couple.... but the big L-word already...... Oh, screw it, ALREADY.... you waited forever.... Oh, I nearly gave up hope, you know that? Bren, I am soooo happy. Since when? How was it?”

Angela had recovered pretty fast and had exchanged her surprised face and being speechless to an expression of curiosity and mischief, questioning her friend for details.

“Uhm.... Angela... there’s more.” Brennan fought against the storm of her best friend’s questions.

“More? What could top you and Booth finally jumping each other?” Angela exclaimed. She studied Brennan’s face for a moment. “What? Do you want me to guess?”

Brennan sighed and shook her head, although there had been a certain temptation. Letting Angela guess would have meant fun and that she would not have to say the following words herself. But she had to. After all, she was going to have to get used to it.

“Angela.... what I am telling you know, is the secret part, okay. You can’t tell anybody.... not even Hodgins.”
She quietly said.

Angela hesitated for a moment, but nodded. “Okay. I won’t tell.... not even Jack.”

Brennan drew in a deep breath and finally started to explain. “You remember the Hardwick-case, right? When Booth and I had to stay in that Motel in the middle of nowhere, I told you about?” Angela nodded and Brennan closed her eyes before she continued. “Booth and I we celebrated at the bar.... and ended up in bed.” She heard Angela’s stifled gasp, but she kept her eyes closed. “It was .... wonderful, Angela. But... he told me he loved me... and I think we both feared it could ruin what we already had: our friendship, our partnership. So we...... kind of suppressed the memories. We did not remember, we simply forgot. Until yesterday.”

She opened her eyes to look at Angela, who was staring back at her, wide-eyed and obviously both surprised and confused. “How did you suddenly remember?” Angela finally managed to ask.

“I was feeling sick lately.... so Booth insisted, that I had to see a doctor. I did and......... Well, I am pregnant.” Brennan whispered.

“Wow” Angela breathed and suddenly a huge grin appeared on her face. “Oh my god, Bren, a baby?” She hopped to her feet and quickly ran to her best friend to embrace her. “Congratulations, Sweetie”

“Thank you.” Brennan whispered into her ear, hugging her tightly.

Suddenly Angela pulled back a little. “Hold on...... you said you did not remember that you had sex. How did you .... remember? How did you know what happened? I mean....How did you know it had to be Booth’s?”

“Well...... “ Brennan smiled. “I took the afternoon off yesterday.... and I calculated and thought it all through. And there was no other explanation. The motel was deserted... only Booth and me.”

“But you did not remember?” Angela asked.

Brennan shook her head. “No. I called Booth and he came over and I... told him. He was shocked, of course, but finally we figured out... that we both woke up in a shape that indicated that we had sex that night. In his room.”

“My God.... how did he react?” Angela asked, fascinated by Brennan’s story.

“He was.... very kind..... and when we kissed, we suddenly remembered the night. And... well... I love him, Angela, and he loves me. And we are going to have a baby in April.” Brennan summed up.

Angela hugged her again and whispered in her ear. “You can not possibly imagine how happy I am for you, Sweetie.” Brennan smiled at that and the smile deepened, when she heard Angela’s next words. “But, by God, Bren.... can’t you do anything the normal way?”

“Where would be the fun in that?” Brennan asked, chuckling.

Angela pulled back and looked at her incredulously. “A joke? Huh, pregnancy sure suits you, Sweetie..... Wow...Pregnant. I still can’t quite believe it. And ... how are you feeling? Morning sickness?”

Brennan frowned and nodded. “Yeah.... unfortunately not only in the morning.... But let’s not talk about it... It’s bad enough to experience it, I don’t want to talk about it too.”

Angela grinned. “Oh, this is going to be great. A baby. I can paint the room, it will look wonderful.”

“Relax, Angela.... the baby is not born yet. And you are the only person we are telling now... Because you are my best friend and you would have figured it out anyway...... And you are the only one besides us, who knows for sure, that we have not been together until now. We want to announce that I am pregnant after the third month.... So people have to think we have been together secretly for two months now. I don’t want everybody to know how I ended up pregnant without knowing I had sex in the first place.”

“I understand, Sweetie.... and thanks for telling me and trusting me.” Angela smiled at her. When she heard a knock at the door, she quickly pulled back from her friend, but relaxed when she saw who opened it.

“Hey.” Booth greeted them almost shyly when he entered the office and closed the door behind him. “Finished?”

Angela’s broad grin was answer enough. “Booth... I am so happy for you two...... three.” She winked at him. “Officially two, of course. But I already told Bren, you people have to learn to do things the normal way... you know... start dating, have sex, move in together, have children..... not all mixed up.”

Booth grinned back at her. “Would not be us, don’t you think so?”

Angela moved towards him and hugged him too. “Congratulations.” “Thank you, Angela.”

“Booth.....” Brennan interrupted them, a bit nervous. “Did you talk to Cam?”

He nodded. “She said she is happy for us.” Brennan’s face lit up suddenly. “Really?”

“Really.” Booth smiled and closed the distance to her, taking her hand in his and pulling her into a tight embrace. “I told you it’s going to be alright.... Now I only have to tell Cullen.”

She nodded and quickly kissed him on the lips. “Don’t forget to mention you want to train the new agent, when you tell him that I am too busy to go chasing murderers with you.”

“I won’t forget.” He promised and gave her another quick kiss. “I’ll call you... and I’ll be here at lunch time.”

He gave her another encouraging smile and strode towards the door. “Bye Angela.... and don’t forget: we’ve been together for two months.”

“Sure.” Angela winked at him. “The rumour will spread in NO time.... I’ll make sure of it.”

Booth waved a good-bye and left Brennan’s office, closing the door behind him.

“You know,” Angela said to Brennan. “You two look great together. But what’s this about a new agent? And you are not going to go out with him anymore? Because you are together now?”

“No.” Brennan shook her head. “Because I am pregnant.... And until we tell people that I am pregnant we have to... lie. I don’t like it, but it’s the best solution.”

Angela nodded, thoughtfully. This was like a conspiracy.... and the one person, who loved conspiracies had to be left out: Her fiancé. She sighed.... She did not want to have to lie to him, but it was Brennan’s and Booth’s decision.... not hers.

--------------------------------------------------------

hope you liked it - since I am pretty busy now next update may take long!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 21/12/2007 08:38:30 AM
evoly

its beatuful..
it really is
good job
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 21/12/2007 12:25:13 AM
nane

Cheese, just read the last two chappies. They are so sweet and lovely written. It is really fun to read. And I definitely love how the talks worked out. Angela not even squealing?
Even some P.D.A. at her office, just cute as a couple those two
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:45 am

Posted 21/12/2007 12:26:30 AM
ToZiKa

CheeseBK wrote :
“But, by God, Bren.... can’t you do anything the normal way?”

“Where would be the fun in that?” Brennan asked, chuckling.

Exactly what I thought...
It is indeed more fun like that.

And like Booth said:

CheeseBK wrote :
“Would not be us, don’t you think so?”

I so love this story.
It's just perfect...
PPS
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:45 am

Posted 21/12/2007 12:37:49 AM
CheeseBK

thank you all so much... you are wonderawesome!

ah, about the not squealing part... people begged me not to let angela squeal... and I think it was not necessary to have her squeal....
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:46 am

Posted 21/12/2007 03:28:34 PM
nane

Actually it´s kinda refreshing behaviour without the always expected screaming. Sometimes I have the feeling Angela is only squealing in fanfiction stories and not in the show..
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:47 am

Posted 21/12/2007 06:28:39 PM
ToZiKa

You're totally right nane.
She isn't squealing that often in the show.
But she seems to do nothing else in most of the stories.
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:48 am

Posted 22/12/2007 00:53:35 AM
DBAngelfan

ooooh more more more!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:49 am

Posted 08/01/2008 10:52:49 AM
CheeseBK

UPDATE!!!!!! I know I made you wait like..... forever, but I've been pretty busy.... but I hope this chapter makes it up to you

Chapter 7:

Booth gathered all his courage, when he approached Cullen’s office with slow, measured steps. He greeted the secretary, Mrs. Benton, with a nod, since she was busy talking on the phone. She granted him a small movement of her head.

When she finished her phone conversation, she scribbled something down, then gave him an inquiring look. “You want to meet him?” She pointed towards Cullen’s door.

“Yeah. Is he free now?” Booth asked. He was not quite sure what answer he would prefer: a yes – which meant he would be able to get over with the talk or a no – which meant a prolongation.... a reprieve. Coward. He frowned at his own uncertainty and straightened a bit. What had Cam called it: Behaving like a school boy in the principal’s office. God damn it, he was 35 years old. The only problem was, Cullen fit the image of a principal pretty good. He took a deep breath.

Cullen’s secretary gave him an odd look, as if evaluating him. “Something urgent?” She finally asked. He simply nodded.

“He’s not free, Special Agent Andrews is in there right now. But I think they should be finished soon. After that he should have time. You can sit and wait here and when Andrews leaves I ask the boss if he is available for you.... okay?” Something in her voice told him that she knew he was nervous. She talked to him as if he was a skittish horse.
He shrugged mentally. Rachel Benton was something like the older and less ... free-spirited version of Angela. Trust her to sniff out a secret from a mile’s distance.

“You look like you did not get enough sleep, Booth.” She commented after taking his appearance in once more. “And you might want to adjust your tie.”

He fumbled with his tie and murmured a “Thanks” before taking a seat. The comment about not sleeping enough made him grin. Oh, he did not mind not getting enough sleep if the cause for it was a certain forensic anthropologist. Naked, of course.

Mrs. Benton granted herself another few moments of watching him. After her remark he had corrected his tie.... and his posture had relaxed, a grin covering his face. So, it had not been NIGHTMARES, that had kept that man awake. She smiled to herself and continued working.

Five minutes later, the door to Cullen’s office opened and one of Booth’s colleagues, SA Andrews, left it. His eyebrows rose slightly when he saw Booth waiting.
“Hi Booth... didn’t know you were scheduled for a meeting today too...” His voice trailed off and he gave him a questioning and somehow suspicious look. Andrews was four years older than Booth and constantly trying to best all other agents. Booth knew Andrews was working on solidifying his chances for becoming Cullen’s successor someday. He was watching the other senior agents’ steps like a hawk and tried to hide it all behind a mask of concern and comradeship. Competition at it’s best.

Booth shrugged and answered truthfully: “I wasn’t... something came up.” He never had liked Andrews and contrary to him he never had felt comfortable with feigning sympathy.

He heard Mrs. Benton speak into the microphone of her headset. “Sir, Special Agent Booth is waiting, he asked if you have time to see him................. Yes............. Your appointment is at half past nine, Sir......... Okay, I’ll send him in.”

She looked at Booth. “He’s got fifteen minutes for you, he has to leave at nine to make it to his appointment. Good luck, whatever it is.” She winked at Booth.

“Thanks, Rachel.” He answered and entered Cullen’s office, feeling Andrews’ suspicious glance on his back.

Mrs. Benton and SA Andrews watched him both close the door to Cullen’s office. With feigned casualty, Andrews leaned a bit closer to the secretary and said: “He seemed a bit nervous. You don’t happen to know what came up, do you?”

Rachel Benton raised one eyebrow and answered coolly: “No. Not that I would tell you if I knew. I have kept this job for over twenty years now, and not by gossiping. If you excuse me now, I have work to do.”

Andrews’ eyes narrowed a little, but he quickly masked his annoyance with a smile. “Of course not. I was merely concerned. Gotta go now.”

He strolled away and Rachel Benton followed him until he disappeared around a corner. In those twenty years with the FBI, she had seen agents come and go.... Time had let her develop a pretty good sense for people. And she had more than just a faint notion, that Special Agent Julian Andrews was not the jovial guy he appeared to be.

Inside Cullen’s office...

“Good morning, Sir.” Booth addressed the older man, who was sitting at his desk.
“Good morning, Booth.” Cullen gave back and gestured for him to sit down in front of him. “Is this something about the case you just closed?”

“Not exactly, Sir. You already received my report, I suppose?” Cullen nodded and Booth continued. “I wanted to inform you that Bones, I mean, Dr. Brennan won’t be able to work cases with me the next few weeks.”

“The Jeffersonian is not going to work with us anymore? What did you do?” Cullen frowned. Although he had disliked the squints in the beginning, he had to admit that their work had helped to solve a lot of cases. They had proven to be useful and reliable.

“Oh, no, Sir. We can still work with the Jeffersonian. Dr. Brennan however will not have time to accompany me the next few weeks... she has some identifications to make, and they specially requested her. If I need to take an forensic anthropologist out to a crime scene I can take Dr. Addy.” Booth hurried to explain.

“Addy? The kid is a doctor now? Is he any good?” Cullen asked.

“Bones trained him, Sir. Of course he is good.” Booth said, not without pride in his voice.
“But he is not exactly the kind of person I can take along when I question suspects. He..... is the very definition of a squint, Sir. No social skills.”

“Worse than Dr. Brennan?” Cullen asked, grinning a bit.

“You have no idea, Sir. And Bones has impressively improved over the past years.” Booth heard himself answer.

“Well, as long as we have somebody for expertise...... I don’t see where the problem lies, Booth.” Cullen raised one eyebrow.

“Well, Sir. Nearly every case I worked on these past years was with Dr. Brennan as my partner.... I sort of... grew accustomed to back-up.” Booth forced himself to say. It was not entirely true that he had grown accustomed to back-up... he had grown accustomed to HER. But he had a deal with her.... and he’d rather have her save in her lab and endure the presence of a partner. Although he had the reputation as some kind of a lone wolf at the FBI, because he had refused to partner with another agent for years.

“Are you asking me for a partner? You?” Cullen obviously thought the reputation of the lone wolf fitted.

“Not exactly, Sir. I heard Agent Saunders is newly assigned to the homicide division.... I thought, he could accompany me to the scenes and everything.” Booth slowly replied.

Cullen inclined his head thoughtfully. “Not a bad idea. Would be a good training. Hmmm.... for how long?”

“I don’t know how long Dr. Brennan will be occupied... as far as I know at least five or six weeks.” Booth lied.

Cullen considered this and nodded after a moment. “Okay. Saunders will get informed. He will accompany you for the next six weeks, so he can get familiar with the procedures in the homicide division.”

“Yes, Sir.” Booth replied, fidgeting nervously. Cullen glanced at him curiously. “Is there something else, Booth?”

“Actually, yes, Sir. Uhm.... I... would like to inform you that the relationship between Dr. Brennan and me has changed.” He finally rattled the words off.

Cullen gave him an astonished, but also amused look. “Changed, Booth?”

“Yes, Sir. We.... are a couple now.” Booth hesitantly admitted, waiting for his boss’ reaction.

When he heard Cullen laugh, his eyes widened in surprise. This was definitely not the reaction he had expected.

“Are you now? So you finally caught up with the gossip?” Cullen chuckled.

Booth’s face showed an expression of surprise. “Ah... we.... you...” he stammered, he could not quite get around the fact, that his boss had known about the gossip about him and Brennan all along.

“It is my job to know what people are talking.... seems there always is that famous grain of truth, right? Since when, Booth?” Cullen asked a bit more serious now.

“Uhm... a few weeks, Sir.” Booth replied.

“And you chose to tell me now...... why not earlier?” Cullen asked interested.

“We thought you might consider splitting our partnership up. We first had to know, if things between us work out before making it.... official and risking this.” Booth explained.

Cullen nodded thoughtfully. “I won’t lie, Booth.... I am not a fan of a romantic involvement between partners. It is dangerous. Between partners at the FBI it even is forbidden, but we both know that we would have to split up a few teams if we were that strict. And a strong friendship can be as ... deep as a relationship, that’s both the strength and the weakness of a team.
Dr. Brennan is not FBI, so I can not officially forbid this relationship... which I would not do anyway. Since you are not going to work with her the next few weeks anyway, I don’t see a problem for now.
As soon as she is going to work with you again, however, I will keep an eye on you. If I ever get the impression that you two can’t handle a relationship and a partnership, I will assign another agent as the liaison for the Jeffersonian. Did I make myself clear?”

“Yes, Sir. Very clear. Thank you, Sir.” Booth eagerly answered, a smile on his face.

“Well, Booth.... Is there anything else? I have an appointment....” Cullen looked at him questioningly.

“No, Sir. Thank you for your time.” Booth rose and strolled towards the door.

“Booth.... Greet your squint.” Cullen called after him.

A huge grin spread over Booth’s face. His squint, indeed. “I’ll do that. Thanks, Sir.” He answered, before closing the office door behind him.

“You look a lot better now, Booth.” Rachel Benton commented, when she saw the smile on his face.

“I feel better, too.” Booth winked at her. “I have a call to make, Rachel.... see you later!”

“See you.” Rachel Benton called after him and watched him leave. Of course she – contrary to what she had told Andrews before – DID in fact know about the FBI gossip.... although she never had played a role in setting up rumours. But she was pretty sure, that one certain rumour just had made the big step to reality. She smiled.

please let me know what you think!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:49 am

Posted 08/01/2008 11:04:52 AM

ToZiKa

You posted!
I can't believe it...
I really liked Rachel Benton...she seems to be a lot like Angela only without the gossiping...
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:50 am

Posted 08/01/2008 03:47:13 PM
CheeseBK

hi tozika,
thanks a lot for your review and yeah, I intended rachel to be similar to angela...
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 09/01/2008 01:21:10 AM
DBAngelfan

very good...I hope you post more soon
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted 09/01/2008 04:38:03 PM
piratesmiley

oh, this is sooo cute. I love it to pieces. Please update soon...
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:51 am

Posted 10/01/2008 06:26:32 AM
CheeseBK

Thanks for you reviews, people, you rock my socks!!! The next chapter is ready, I hope you like it.

Chapter 8:

“Are you nervous?” Angela asked her best friend, who was busily rearranging the papers on her desk while shooting glances towards her still silent phone. They had been going through a file – because that was Angela’s recommended treatment while waiting for an important call: distraction. And the best way to distract Dr. Temperance Brennan was work.

“A little.” Brennan answered truthfully and sighed. “I fear Cullen won’t let him work with the Jeffersonian anymore. If he assigns another agent.... Booth likes what he is doing and he is good at interacting with our team.”

“Sweetie.... Booth is a friend. To all of us. Well... to you he is more, apparently, but to us he’s a friend by now. That’s why we are good at working together.” Angela gently said.

Brennan looked at he best friend and smiled. “Thank you, Angela. I am sure he considers you a friend too.... you remember when he got suspended? That all of you wanted to help him... I think that’s when he finally realised we all became friends.” Or family, as he had told her.

“I am sure it will be alright, Sweetie. Cullen is okay.... And he won’t want to risk splitting up the best team he’s got, right?” Angela said.

“You’re probably right, Ange.... It’s just... things change so fast, it kind of scares me.... Not going out with him anymore is bad enough, but if we were not allowed to work with each anymore at all... “ Brennan’s voice trailed off and she gave her phone another worried look.

“Ha, you just want to be able to ogle his butt at work.” Angela joked and winked at her.

“I have to admit, that is a nice side-benefit.” Brennan returned the smile, but it did not quite reach her eyes. She felt happy about what she had with Booth now, although it had been a bit rushed... but somehow all the quick changes were scary, scary as hell.
She had had her tidy routine, her well-organised life... or at least she had always attempted to keep it that way. Now everything was going to change... it was going to be a different life, with Booth by her side and this little life growing inside her. A child. Somebody so helpless and innocent, depending on her. She swallowed hard.... changes, indeed.

Angela watched her thoughtfully and finally covered one of her hands with her own. “Bren... Booth is a great guy... And you are going to be a great Mum... you’ll see.”

A slow and content smile crept on Brennan’s face when she recalled how Booth had told her that she was going to be a good mother.... and especially what he had done afterwards. A warm feeling spread in her and the memory sent a gentle shiver down her spine.

“Sweetie... I know that look. You are definitely thinking of the baby MAKING, not what came afterwards......” Angela grinned and her voice dropped to a lower level. “Come on,
give me all the hot details...”

Brennan smiled back at her. “I was not thinking of that night at the motel. I was thinking of last night.”

Angela’s eyebrows rose. “So you did not just talk and kiss last night, eh?”

Brennan snickered. “No. Booth called it ....... reviving memories.”

“And it was.... good? Or Breathtaking? Simply amazing? Leaving you totally exhausted? Soulshattering?” Angela counted off several possibilities.

“Yes.” Brennan simply answered.

“To what?” Angela asked curiously.

“All of them.... or...maybe not soulshattering.” Brennan frowned a little. “I don’t believe in souls....seeing as the existence of souls is not scientifically proven. Where would it...”

“Oh, screw that, Bren. So it was THAT good?” Angela’s eyes shone.

“Booth definitely knows what he is doing....” Brennan was interrupted by the sound of her ringing phone. She sucked in a deep breath and braced herself, before reaching out to answer it.

“Brennan.” She said, trying to keep her voice steady.

“Hey Bones. I talked to Cullen.” Booth’s voice did not give her any hint on what Cullen may have said.

“And? What did he say?” Brennan asked, impatiently.

“He accepted that you can’t go out with me in the field for the next few weeks and assigned Agent Saunders to me. He... uhm... he laughed when I told him about us... Seems he had heard about the FBI gossip and well.... expected it. He said as soon as you are working with me again, he’ll keep an eye on us, to make sure we are professional... but since this is not going to happen anytime soon, we won’t have to worry about that anyway. He sends his greetings, by the way.” Brennan listened to his words and felt relieved... that went better than she had thought... in fact it nearly was too good to be true.

“Good.” She breathed, the relief she felt clearly audible in her voice.

“Look, Bones... I am going to call Cam and tell her, that Cullen does not want us to work in the field together for the next few weeks, until he has made up his mind.... remember to stick to that story, okay?”

“Okay. Should I act as if I was upset?” Brennan wondered, not sure what kind of reaction people would expect.

“Bones, of course you have to seem to be upset. Just imagine, what would you say if Cullen really wanted to end our partnership...” She could easily hear, that Booth was smiling.

“I’d say that he has no right to tell me what to do, since I am not FBI.” Brennan’s answer came immediately.

“Exactly. That’s what you’ll tell people, grumble a bit for a few days and that’s it. Don’t exaggerate.... we don’t want Cam to call Cullen about this, right?” Booth reminded her.

“Right.... Booth.... this is going to ... be complicated. So many lies.” Brennan remarked quietly.

“I know, Temperance.... but we’ll manage. We won’t have to lie forever, just for now. I’ll pick you up for lunch later, okay?” Booth said gently, knowing how much Brennan despised lies.

“Uh-uh. I think I’d like to go somewhere else today. Italian food would be great.” Brennan answered.

She heard Booth chuckle. “As my lady desires.... See you later........and Bones? Take care of you two.”

A warm smile appeared on her face and she answered: “I will. See you later, Booth.”

When she hung up, Angela was sitting in front of her and grinning. “So? Did you two get the official stamp of FBI approval?”

Brennan smiled back and nodded. “Cullen is okay with it. But that’s not what we are going to tell people here. Booth is going to tell Cam that Cullen forbid us two working together in the field until the made up his mind.... I will have to act as if I am angry at him. And Cullen thinks I can’t go out with Booth, because I am too busy.” She frowned a little.

“Sweetie, you know all these lies are going to give you a headache. I will try my best to help you... but sooner or later someone is bound to let something slip. What if Cullen and Cam talk to each other?” Angela looked at her best friend, her brow furrowed in concern.

“I know, Ange. But I don’t want to tell people I am pregnant... not yet. It will take enough time until people are used to me and Booth as a couple. It’s just for a few weeks... We just have to be careful.” Brennan sighed.

“Uh-uh. Well then, nothing can go wrong, with you two being experts on being careful and all.” Angela’s glance settled meaningful on Brennan’s abdomen.

Brennan blushed a little. “It was.... well.... the heat of the moment. Of course it was stupid. I quit taking the pill last year, since I figured it was not logical to take hormones without a reason. We should have used a condom, of course... but well....”

“You got carried away.” Angela answered and shrugged. “Well, it happened... too late for regrets now, right? Uhhhhhm..... you don’t regret it, do you?” The expression on her face was a little worried.

Brennan shook her head. “No. I never thought I would say that, but no, I don’t regret it at all.”

Angela nodded satisfied. “Good. Ah, I am so happy. Oh, I have to tell people that I finally got you and your FBI hunk to hook up.”

“Excuse me? You did not do anything... that was all Booth and me..... and alcohol.” Brennan objected.

“Hey, Sweetie... I am your partner in crime, right? I have to lie to Jack... Because of that, I can at least get a bit credit for my years of trying to get you two together.” Angela gave her a pleading look.

“Oh, alright. Tell people you had a hand in it....but don’t make up something else... we all have to stick to the same story.” Brennan gave in, suddenly exhausted.

“No problem, Sweetie.” She gave Brennan a quick hug and left the office, a mischievous expression on her face.

‘Why do I have the feeling, that this was a bad idea?’ Brennan thought while watching Angela leave.

So, did you like it? Please let me know what you think!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:51 am

Posted 10/01/2008 08:25:28 PM
piratesmiley

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS! Can't wait for Bren to get even more preggers!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next