Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion

+39
Pat
DoctorB
GryphonTatoo
marebear
Zygomatic
bella
RubyRuby
bailey
peacefield
ReginaPhalange
jcn747
ddc
spectacularviews
Brain&Heart
lancelot
adbyadby
Cassiopeia
recoveringbonesaddict
future_anthro
joybrennan
tinkrella
treble21
southerngirl
jhi1005
jro54
katharine
MI_Bonesgirl
BBShipper
crzy4bones
Blue_Ink
dreamerktm411
SnoopGirl
ShannonQ
jonezn4Bones
DBCrazy
willgirl
anthropologystudent
flyersfan35
CanadianBones
43 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:02 pm

I'm just going going to clarify, I think that BOTH Booth and Brennan have to come to their own conclusions. Brennan has to admit her feelings for Booth. She has to openly express her emotions...and after reading Bailey and Recoveringbonesaddict's post. I understand the point they were trying to make. Brennan doesn't need to become exactly like Hannah, but that she need yo express her emotions like Hannah does...

On the other hand...and for the record, I don't expect Booth to just dump Hannah to chase Brennan (because all the extreme Booth lovers seem to jump all over me about this)...but I think he does need to realize that he can't move. He need to realize that he's been keeping Brennan at a distance and compartmentalize. I think he genuinely likes Hannah..and maybe even has feelings for her, IMO I don' t think he feels the same way about her as he does about Brennan. Again IMO, it can't be like that...because if Booth feels the same way about Hannah or loves her even more than Brennan, then the center of the show will be destroyed. If I'm not mistaken, this whole show is about B&B's relationship and their love story. This is supposed to be about a great love. Franlky, I think the worst that can happen is if Hannah dies or she dumps him and leaves him broken hearted...because then I can't see how B&B could ever get together. They still could...but it would seem like Brennan is the rebound. Booth HAS to come to the conclusion that he can't move on. They BOTH have to come to their own conclusions.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion

Post by marebear Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:08 pm

One other thing that I noticed as well was that Sweets was told once or twice his "mojo was off" (maybe not in those exact words but you get the gist). And in Epi 2 Sweets told Booth that he believed him when he said he was really happy, so is Sweets' interpretation (or lack thereof) hinting that things may not be exactly as they seem?

There are definitely a lot of undertones suggesting Hannah could cause some trouble between Booth and Bones, Sweets' judgement is not where it was last season (i.e. the sex "with more than 2 women" has altered his judgments?), and that there is still something undiscovered that will tied Booth and Brennan back together.

Just putting it out there. What do you think?

marebear

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marebear Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:13 pm

What do you guys think of the fact that when Hannah called Booth and his cell phone in the SUV, she automatically asked if he was with Brennan? That and the scene with the two in the bedroom and Hannah telling him she was jealous of them in the field. I think she already knows something about Booth and Bones and it's stated in some of the interviews with Hart that Hannah reads people well and is very intuitive.

marebear

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:37 pm

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:
jro54 wrote:Yes, Brennan has to realize that she's able to change for Booth...but she shouldn't try to be like Hannah. When Avalon said to Brennan, "he knows the truth and he is dazzled by that truth," she meant that Booth knows Brennan...and he's more prepared to love her...she shouldn't have to change herself for love. She has no reason to be like Hannah. She's nothing. Hannah is just a "rebound girl." Brennan is the ONE who Booth is going to spend the reast of his life with...and he should love her the way she is.

I interpreted this comment from Avalon differently than you did. When I saw this episode, what came to mind was the Iceland reference in TEitB. If you recall, Brennan was telling Booth how she hated when people call her a cold fish. Booth's reply, and this is the Truth he is dazzled by, is that she may be cold on the outside, but inside she is a volcano.

In reality, she is not cold. She is emotional and passionate. She just has to let this version of herself (I call this version -- Joy, the heart) out. Her cold exterior, (I call this version -- Temperance, the Brain) is a facade, her self defense mechanism.

I think Booth always saw this duality in Bones. In the 100, he hope the Joy part would manifest itself. He was wrong because the Joy part was not yet ready to push aside the Temperance part. Since the 100, Booth doubts whether Bones' true persona will ever emerge. Hannah in away is Brennan without the cold exterior. They share many of the same qualities. The differences between the two are superficial only. One is blond, and the other is not. One is in-touch with her emotions, and the other so far is not. Overall they are not that different, and this is why Booth is attracted to both.

I disagree with the idea that the reporter and Brennan are the same, nor does it sound like Brennan is still out of touch with her emotions. There is, to me, one glaring difference, and I suspect it will be what breaks them up. Raghag is selfish. She's in a restricted area putting soilders lives at risk - for what? Embedded reporters know how dangerous the situation is, they don't move unless they are told it's ok. The whole fig tree thing, impulsive, stupid, dangerous. Just showing up at Booth's - WTF? In all three cases she's only thinking of herself, and she's impulsive about it. She actually has that same compulsive energy as Booth the gambler - with isn't the healthiest thing.

Brennan thought a lot about things before she left for Maluka, and she wanted to talk it over with Booth first. She decides to stay for the good of the team - even though she wanted to go back. And you know what - she said NO to a gorgeous man - who, whether or not she had the emotional stuff together, you damn well she wanted him sexually (the hundreth) because she was afraid she would really hurt him. Misguided - yes. Does she say stupid things in the moment without realizing it, yes. But she is loyal, and she does think about doing what's right for everyone. Even when she snaps at Clark, yes the delivery is overkill, but she is, in fact trying to help him become a better scientist. The reporter isn't thinking about anyone but herself.

As for being in touch with her feelings about Booth, it's pretty clear she is now. The time away did her good. What is heartbreaking for her is that she figured it out too late. Booth loves someone else now, and she's not going to get in the way of that. Only she's finding she can't compartmentalize like before. The realization that she was taking out her sadness of losing Booth out on Clark couldn't have happened unless Brennan was aware of HAVING those feelings in the first place

Booth is attracted to Raghag because she's fun, hot and easy. They are both impulsive, live in the moment kind of people. That also is how Booth gambles - and it's not a good energy for him to have more of. He NEEDS Brennan's rational think things through approach in his life. IE - when Booth was thinking about taking a sabatical to take care of Pops, it was Brennan who reminded him about the financial responsiblies he has for Parker. Booth doesn't need someone like the reporter as a partner, he needs Brennan - and to be fair Brennan needs Booth. He is the one who has helped her grow emotionally, and has taught her to accept the idea of love. Without him...that might be as far as she gets.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:12 pm

marebear wrote:What do you guys think of the fact that when Hannah called Booth and his cell phone in the SUV, she automatically asked if he was with Brennan? That and the scene with the two in the bedroom and Hannah telling him she was jealous of them in the field. I think she already knows something about Booth and Bones and it's stated in some of the interviews with Hart that Hannah reads people well and is very intuitive.

Maybe it won't be Brennan's jealousy that wakes everyone up, but Hanah's of Brennan. I'm sure that she (Hanah) is curious of his partner. But none of us know what Booth ever discusses about Brennan. We know from past shows that he definitely speaks of her to people outside their circle, his pops, his cop friend from Tokyo. Because when they meet her they mention this, in slight ways that I believe she is not aware of. I wonder if in the beginning with Hanah how much and what he mentioned of Brennan? This would be a unique and unusual twist to their relationship. We all know she is competing with Brennan in a way that the three of them don't.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:23 pm

bailey wrote:
tinkrella wrote:

Emily did steal the show though. SHe is just.......SO good at her craft. She rocks at the dramatic/angsty/lost little girl stuff. She doesn't even have to say anything. All she has to do is look at the camera with those shiny/blue/misty eyes and I'm done for. I'm pretty sure Booth knows it too. One of the reasons he is going out of his way to distance himself.

On a side note, I do wished they had used the scene from the b-Roll where booth looks back at Brennan.

Although I think I've found the perfect cure ... I watched Bones, was utterly depressed, then I watched my DVR'd Big Bang Theory and laughed my ass off. It was really a perfect combo. LOL.

That is exactly what I did LOL...
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:26 pm

RubyRuby wrote:
joybrennan wrote:I've got to say, the idea that Brennan has to emulate The reporter is IMO puke .Brennan has to be able to express her feelings as BRENNAN - not trying to act like someone else. Rolling Eyes If she's got to act like someone else so that Booth will love her, then it's not really Brennan that he loves, is it? He might as well stay with Raghag and let Brennan, the Brennan who now believes in love and is open to it, find someone who actually loves her.

Lucky for me, I don't think it will go down like that. I think this little side trip is about Booth having this "perfect" girlfriend and discovering what he wants is Brennan. Brennan did her thinking while in Maluka - she knows she loves Booth, is mourning what she's lost, and if the opportunity comes up again she'll take it. But emulate the Raghag? God, I hope not. No

Thank you!! I'm so tired of hearing about Brennan learning from or emulating Hannah. I'm sorry, but one should not have to change everything about themselves in order to be with a person. What makes B&B special, is that they are two very different personalities with chemistry, and a deep fondess and respect for one another. The idea of Brennan becomming Hannah-Lite, is puke Brennan does not need a lesson on how to love, or how to feel love, from Booth's new squeeze. Neither does she need to learn how to be perfect for him.

When at the end of the day, what Booth really wants is to be with Brennan, then he will take the whole package, including all her quirks, her bluntness, her social awkwardness, her limited knowledge of pop culture etc. Brennan on the other hand will also accept Booth for all he is. That is love unconditional.

ITA with both of you Brennan should never have to emulate Hannah at all.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:14 pm

jro54 wrote:I'm just feeling bitchy after reading so many posts about how "Brennan should emulate Hannah...because she really loves Booth and she was willing to scrifice herself for him"...like Brennan doesn't love Booth...just because she never had sex with him under a fig tree after he saved her life? That's bull s**t. Hannah does NOT love Booth. People can think what they want, but having sex with a guy under a tree for doing his job...is NOT love. It's adreline, lust and taking risks. Booth doesn't even love her. He may genuinely like her and maybe even have feelings for her...but what Booth feels for Hannah will NEVER compare to how he feels for Brennan. It's definitely not a "once in a lifetime" type of love. It's just a "in the moment" type of thing...and what Booth/Hannah have will NEVER compare to what B&B have.

I agree that my take on their relationship so far (H&B) is that this it's an adrenaline junkie lust fest, met in a war zone, he saved her, she has sex with him under a fig tree in gratitude, Rolling Eyes she loves danger and excitement and Booth is her fix. I don't see a deep emotional connection let alone true love. He clearly hasn't told her much about himself or about Bones so that immediately tells me it's not serious. Remember in the 100th episode when Booth almost immediately tells Bones he's got a gambling problem because he thinks 'this is going somewhere'. That's not the kind of thing you really want to tell someone at that moment but he does. If was seriously head over heels in love with Hannah she would know pretty much everything. Booth was desparate to get over Bones after the 100th so he's latched on to Hannah for all he's worth and is selling it to everyone who will listen. Trouble is I'm not buying it (and I don't think Sweets is either).

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:35 pm

[quote="joybrennan"]
Raghag is selfish. She's in a restricted area putting soilders lives at risk - for what? Embedded reporters know how dangerous the situation is, they don't move unless they are told it's ok. The whole fig tree thing, impulsive, stupid, dangerous. Just showing up at Booth's - WTF? In all three cases she's only thinking of herself, and she's impulsive about it. She actually has that same compulsive energy as Booth the gambler - with isn't the healthiest thing.

I agree and wonder if that is what will pull them apart eventually, she is selfish and impulsive and clearly revels in this kind of behaviour and more importantly she's convinced herself that Booth loves this kind of thing too (see the bed talk). And that spells trouble in my book for them along the line.

As for being in touch with her feelings about Booth, it's pretty clear she is now. The time away did her good. What is heartbreaking for her is that she figured it out too late. Booth loves someone else now, and she's not going to get in the way of that. Only she's finding she can't compartmentalize like before. The realization that she was taking out her sadness of losing Booth out on Clark couldn't have happened unless Brennan was aware of HAVING those feelings in the first place

Yes. That must be eating away at her inside, this realisation that now suddenly she gets it but too late! What makes it worse for her is that she doesn't have the coping mechanism to work out how to act or behave around her friends and especially Booth whilst she processes this pain and confusion.

Booth is attracted to Raghag because she's fun, hot and easy. They are both impulsive, live in the moment kind of people. That also is how Booth gambles - and it's not a good energy for him to have more of. He NEEDS Brennan's rational think things through approach in his life. IE - when Booth was thinking about taking a sabatical to take care of Pops, it was Brennan who reminded him about the financial responsiblies he has for Parker. Booth doesn't need someone like the reporter as a partner, he needs Brennan - and to be fair Brennan needs Booth. He is the one who has helped her grow emotionally, and has taught her to accept the idea of love. Without him...that might be as far as she gets.

Totally with you on this, as suggest in one of their shrink sessions, they complement each other, Booth's gambling past has not been explored at all which is a shame but it's clear he had issues and needed to get help and attend meetings. Bones anchors that 'gambling' side of his persona but Hannah doesn't seem the type that would apply the breaks, it's all fun and excitement for her. He in turn opens doors to Bones emotionally and shows her it's not a bad thing to walk through them. They are perfect for each other because one person's weakness is balanced by the other's strength. It's a set up as old as time I guess but that's the honest truth of it in their case.

bella
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:43 pm

I can't agree that Booth is impulsive (especially with his line of work). He is a gambler though and Gamblers are risk takers.

Hannah is jealous that Brennan gets to do the dangerous stuff with Booth. She does not have him completely. Brennan is and always has been closer to that.

Actually I think Booth and Brennan are a lot alike they both think things through but they have different frames of reference. That is what gives each of them their integrity. We'll find out whether Hannah has the same kind of core as Booth and Brennan or if she is just all about the adventure and troublemaking. If that's so, I don't think either one of them would respect that.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:37 pm

I think Hannah is going to be the catalyst that finally gets B&B together. Nothing was going to be resolved the way it was going after the 100th episode...they needed something to shake things up. I mean, here's Brennan telling him that they can't be together because she can't change, and Booth is saying that if she can't be with him then he has to move on. So they separate for 7 months...obviously it was good for them, since it at least got Brennan to admit that she was thinking about them together. And I think the storyline with Hannah is also something they needed...something to get them both to see that they are meant for each other. I'm super excited to see how they come to that conclusion!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ShannonQ Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:25 am

My heart broke for Brennan in this episode, but I really enjoy what the writers are doing here. Brennan went to Maluku because she thought that she had lost a piece of herself in the years working with Booth and the FBI. That her anthropology side was lost. Her time on the island made her realize that she had not lost anything, that she gained a new life with Booth. THAT is why she returned. Whether she realizes she loves him or not, she knows that her life is in Washington now. I think that it was ironic that she said that shes the only one who's life is what she expected. (My heart broke how sad she was when she said it BTW) In reality, her life IS different. If it wasn't for Booth, she'd be in Maluku or somewhere else digging up ancient bones and artifacts. Not solving crimes. She continually tells others that she is not in love with Booth. But it is her way of rationalizing her irrational feelings. Now that Hannah is here, Brennan can see that Booth has real feelings for her. She can see that her relationship with Booth is different. That hit her most at the end scene where her usual case solved "date" with Booth was interrupted by Hannah. As a result, Brennan was left alone. The worst part of it is, is that I think that Brennan really likes her. That she's happy Booth is happy, but more so that she really likes Hannah. If you think about it, Hannah is a lot like Angela. I think that if she wasn't dating Booth, that Brennan would be drawn to her as a friend. It's obvious that Brennan is feeling things she has never had before: regret, jealousy, love. She is growing emotionally. Hopefully soon she will be able to open up to Booth. My take on Booth on the other hand, is that he DOES have very strong feelings for Hannah. While in Afganistan, his heart was broken and in a war zone. He felt a connection for Hannah away from Bones. She was different than Bones and it was the first time since Brennan broke his heart that he had strong feelings for another woman. Now that he's back with Bones and Hannah is in DC, he is conflicted. Although he has strong feelings for Hannah, I don't believe that he is in love with her. She is the "rebound chick". Booth is conflicted with his feelings for Hannah, and his feelings for Bones. Hannah is very insightful, and can see there is something there between them. It's only a matter of time until she sees what everyone else who is around them can see...that Brennan and Booth are soul mates and they belong together! I love you

ShannonQ

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:32 am

ShannonQ wrote:My heart broke for Brennan in this episode, but I really enjoy what the writers are doing here. Brennan went to Maluku because she thought that she had lost a piece of herself in the years working with Booth and the FBI. That her anthropology side was lost. Her time on the island made her realize that she had not lost anything, that she gained a new life with Booth. THAT is why she returned. Whether she realizes she loves him or not, she knows that her life is in Washington now. I think that it was ironic that she said that shes the only one who's life is what she expected. (My heart broke how sad she was when she said it BTW) In reality, her life IS different. If it wasn't for Booth, she'd be in Maluku or somewhere else digging up ancient bones and artifacts. Not solving crimes. She continually tells others that she is not in love with Booth. But it is her way of rationalizing her irrational feelings. Now that Hannah is here, Brennan can see that Booth has real feelings for her. She can see that her relationship with Booth is different. That hit her most at the end scene where her usual case solved "date" with Booth was interrupted by Hannah. As a result, Brennan was left alone. The worst part of it is, is that I think that Brennan really likes her. That she's happy Booth is happy, but more so that she really likes Hannah. If you think about it, Hannah is a lot like Angela. I think that if she wasn't dating Booth, that Brennan would be drawn to her as a friend. It's obvious that Brennan is feeling things she has never had before: regret, jealousy, love. She is growing emotionally. Hopefully soon she will be able to open up to Booth. My take on Booth on the other hand, is that he DOES have very strong feelings for Hannah. While in Afganistan, his heart was broken and in a war zone. He felt a connection for Hannah away from Bones. She was different than Bones and it was the first time since Brennan broke his heart that he had strong feelings for another woman. Now that he's back with Bones and Hannah is in DC, he is conflicted. Although he has strong feelings for Hannah, I don't believe that he is in love with her. She is the "rebound chick". Booth is conflicted with his feelings for Hannah, and his feelings for Bones. Hannah is very insightful, and can see there is something there between them. It's only a matter of time until she sees what everyone else who is around them can see...that Brennan and Booth are soul mates and they belong together! I love you
I agree 100%! I couldn't have said it better myself.

I do feel that Booth does love Hannah, but he's not in love her with. There is a difference. He is in love with Brennan. He's trying to convince himself he's happy, but he already knows deep down that he's not.

I nearly cried when Brennan was talking to Angela about their lives. She always expected to be alone; though like you said, I'm sure she didn't expect to be in DC, doing what she's doing; but now she realizes that even though it might be what she expected, it's not what she wants. It was so sad to see her realize that.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:37 am

"flyersfan35"
I nearly cried when Brennan was talking to Angela about their lives. She always expected to be alone; though like you said, I'm sure she didn't expect to be in DC, doing what she's doing; but now she realizes that even though it might be what she expected, it's not what she wants. It was so sad to see her realize that.

Emily's acting was wonderful in that scene I felt, just terribly sad and you can see it really hits her at that moment. And Angela's reaction to Bones's look at that point when she said it was also great. I hope one thing that comes out of this season is that Bones and Angela become closer and Bones opens up to her so the audience can get some insight - via Angela - of what is going on with her about her feelings in all this.

bella
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:45 am

bella wrote:"flyersfan35"

Emily's acting was wonderful in that scene I felt, just terribly sad and you can see it really hits her at that moment. And Angela's reaction to Bones's look at that point when she said it was also great. I hope one thing that comes out of this season is that Bones and Angela become closer and Bones opens up to her so the audience can get some insight - via Angela - of what is going on with her about her feelings in all this.
That would be wonderful.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:39 am

lancelot wrote:I can't agree that Booth is impulsive (especially with his line of work). He is a gambler though and Gamblers are risk takers.

Hannah is jealous that Brennan gets to do the dangerous stuff with Booth. She does not have him completely. Brennan is and always has been closer to that.

Actually I think Booth and Brennan are a lot alike they both think things through but they have different frames of reference. That is what gives each of them their integrity. We'll find out whether Hannah has the same kind of core as Booth and Brennan or if she is just all about the adventure and troublemaking. If that's so, I don't think either one of them would respect that.
In his work, no, he isn't impulsive. However in his personal/emotional life I'd say that he is. Like he when to go tell Cam off - and ended up in bed with her. Like he shot the clown out of frustration, like walking out of Sweets office and asking Brennan to "give this a shot." Brennan is defensive - epps makes a move towards her - she breaks his wrist. Guy makes a move to attack her - she takes him down. In that way she and Booth are alike. Emotionally though, she and Booth are night and day. They both could use a dose of each others' sensibilities. Booth could do with thinking things through a bit more, and Brennan NEEDS to not fear acting on emotions. Rolling Eyes It does seem she's moving in that direction. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:49 am

@ShannonQ and Fly I agree with both of you. I totally thought that Booth is going to have to realize that he can't move. That he can't settle for second best...but after watching this episode, I don't think he has to come to any realizations...because he already knows that he still loves Brennan. That he's not completely happy...and here my biggest fear was that Hannah was going to leave him all sad and broken hearted...but that won't happen. Even if Hannah does realize that B&B are more than just partners and leaves him, he won't be sad and broke hearted...because he's in love with another woman.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by GryphonTatoo Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:16 am

jro54 wrote:@ShannonQ and Fly I agree with both of you. I totally thought that Booth is going to have to realize that he can't move. That he can't settle for second best...but after watching this episode, I don't think he has to come to any realizations...because he already knows that he still loves Brennan. That he's not completely happy...and here my biggest fear was that Hannah was going to leave him all sad and broken hearted...but that won't happen. Even if Hannah does realize that B&B are more than just partners and leaves him, he won't be sad and broke hearted...because he's in love with another woman.

I think right now Booth is still in the lustful/infatuation stage of his relationship with Hannah, and it appears to me that independent, kickass Hannah must have been the one to pursue Booth. It's new and exciting after what he went through with Brennan. And personally, I don't want to see another sad, mopey Booth this season...enough already! HE needs to end the deal with Hannah. Any other way wouldn't work for me, because he needs to figure things out...just in different ways than Brennan. Did you notice the look B&B gave each other at the AA meeting when the lady was discussing the couple? Another one of their very telling glances that says it all.
GryphonTatoo
GryphonTatoo

Number of posts : 20
Say What You Want : I have no friends or family who understand my obsession with Bones - and DB! Crazy people, right?
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:45 am

GryphonTatoo wrote:
jro54 wrote:@ShannonQ and Fly I agree with both of you. I totally thought that Booth is going to have to realize that he can't move. That he can't settle for second best...but after watching this episode, I don't think he has to come to any realizations...because he already knows that he still loves Brennan. That he's not completely happy...and here my biggest fear was that Hannah was going to leave him all sad and broken hearted...but that won't happen. Even if Hannah does realize that B&B are more than just partners and leaves him, he won't be sad and broke hearted...because he's in love with another woman.

I think right now Booth is still in the lustful/infatuation stage of his relationship with Hannah, and it appears to me that independent, kickass Hannah must have been the one to pursue Booth. It's new and exciting after what he went through with Brennan. And personally, I don't want to see another sad, mopey Booth this season...enough already! HE needs to end the deal with Hannah. Any other way wouldn't work for me, because he needs to figure things out...just in different ways than Brennan. Did you notice the look B&B gave each other at the AA meeting when the lady was discussing the couple? Another one of their very telling glances that says it all.

Welcome to the ABY!!! I'm JRO.

Yeah...I totally agree. For me, it's not about Booth dumping Hannah to chase Brennan...because then I would kinda sorry for Hannah *hides in a corner* I just don't want to see Booth all sad and mopey again...and I feel like he has to come to the conclusion that he can't move on...because then if B&B ever get together, to me, it would just feel like Brennan is the rebound. To me, when Booth says, "it's still love" means that he's telling Bones that he still loves her in his own little roundabout way. He knows that he still loves Bones, but he thinks that it's not going to work out...and that he has to move on, so he's making the best of it with Hannah. He has feelings for Hannah...but he's not in love with her. He knows that he's not completely happy.

I just have feeling Hannah is going to realize what kind of relationship B&B have...and tell Booth in regards to his feelings for Bones. She's very intuitive. She's good at reading people. She's kickass and independent. Jealous? Maybe...because she kept constantly bringing up Brennan. I don't think she's clingy...and I think once she realizes that she's losing this battle, she'll leave. I don't think Booth would be that broken hearted...if he really knows that he's in love with another woman.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by GryphonTatoo Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:15 am

jro54 wrote:
GryphonTatoo wrote:

Yeah...I totally agree. For me, it's not about Booth dumping Hannah to chase Brennan...because then I would kinda sorry for Hannah *hides in a corner* I just don't want to see Booth all sad and mopey again...and I feel like he has to come to the conclusion that he can't move on...because then if B&B ever get together, to me, it would just feel like Brennan is the rebound. To me, when Booth says, "it's still love" means that he's telling Bones that he still loves her in his own little roundabout way. He knows that he still loves Bones, but he thinks that it's not going to work out...and that he has to move on, so he's making the best of it with Hannah. He has feelings for Hannah...but he's not in love with her. He knows that he's not completely happy.

I just have feeling Hannah is going to realize what kind of relationship B&B have...and tell Booth in regards to his feelings for Bones. She's very intuitive. She's good at reading people. She's kickass and independent. Jealous? Maybe...because she kept constantly bringing up Brennan. I don't think she's clingy...and I think once she realizes that she's losing this battle, she'll leave. I don't think Booth would be that broken hearted...if he really knows that he's in love with another woman.

Thanks for the Welcome, JRO! Very Happy I've been following this site for some time and couldn't resist getting in on the action! That being said, I'm thinking, too, that being the intuitive person Hannah is supposed to be, she will get the message about B&B. She is jealous of their working partnership already, and we will eventually see it affect her relationship with Booth. And I don't want anyone to be the "rebound." She'll also miss the exciting journalism world she left. It will start to wear thin, being stuck at the White House press corps, and that may lead to discontentment...on top of realizing B&B are way more than partners. But...you know...Hannah really is the rebound girl...when you think about it. Even if she's not aware at this point. But I bet she will come to that conclusion. You think? I'm with you, too, that if Booth gets validation from Brennan that she loves him, he won't be that broken up about leaving Hannah...but I feel it shouldn't be a big all-out shouting fest. Happily, it will be a fairly mutual breakup. I don't want Hannah to skulk away, all pouty. But that guy HH...you just never know what monkey wrench he'll throw in! That's the fun part...trying to second guess HH.
GryphonTatoo
GryphonTatoo

Say What You Want : I have no friends or family who understand my obsession with Bones - and DB! Crazy people, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:38 am

GryphonTatoo wrote:
jro54 wrote:
GryphonTatoo wrote:

Thanks for the Welcome, JRO! Very Happy I've been following this site for some time and couldn't resist getting in on the action! That being said, I'm thinking, too, that being the intuitive person Hannah is supposed to be, she will get the message about B&B. She is jealous of their working partnership already, and we will eventually see it affect her relationship with Booth. And I don't want anyone to be the "rebound." She'll also miss the exciting journalism world she left. It will start to wear thin, being stuck at the White House press corps, and that may lead to discontentment...on top of realizing B&B are way more than partners. But...you know...Hannah really is the rebound girl...when you think about it. Even if she's not aware at this point. But I bet she will come to that conclusion. You think? I'm with you, too, that if Booth gets validation from Brennan that she loves him, he won't be that broken up about leaving Hannah...but I feel it shouldn't be a big all-out shouting fest. Happily, it will be a fairly mutual breakup. I don't want Hannah to skulk away, all pouty. But that guy HH...you just never know what monkey wrench he'll throw in! That's the fun part...trying to second guess HH.

Oh, Hannah is totally a rebound girl. I definitely got from this episode, that Booth/Hannah will be more of a fling, than a serious relationship. He just doesn't have that deep emotional connection with Hannah that he has with Bones. I think Booth has feelings for Hannah. He's definitely attracted to her...but I don't think he's "in love" with her. When Booth says, "It's still love," spoke to me about B&B's future than than that BS Booth tries to give Sweets about how he's so "happy" and "in love." He's basically saying that he still loves Bones...but he realizes that it's not going to work out and that he has to move on...so he's make the best out of it with Hannah. He's trying to convince himself that he's "happy," but he knows that he's not completely happy.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by GryphonTatoo Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:24 am

jro54 wrote:
GryphonTatoo wrote:
jro54 wrote:
GryphonTatoo wrote:

Oh, Hannah is totally a rebound girl. I definitely got from this episode, that Booth/Hannah will be more of a fling, than a serious relationship. He just doesn't have that deep emotional connection with Hannah that he has with Bones. I think Booth has feelings for Hannah. He's definitely attracted to her...but I don't think he's "in love" with her. When Booth says, "It's still love," spoke to me about B&B's future than than that BS Booth tries to give Sweets about how he's so "happy" and "in love." He's basically saying that he still loves Bones...but he realizes that it's not going to work out and that he has to move on...so he's make the best out of it with Hannah. He's trying to convince himself that he's "happy," but he knows that he's not completely happy.

Agreed! Booth is being way too vocal about being happy...to Sweets and the rest. Trying to convince himself that if he says it enough, it'll happen...LOL. Don't think so. Never doubted that Booth's "still in love" with Brennan. I think Booth is happy with Hannah...she's giving him more attention and love than he's had in ages! He's eating it up right now, but it won't be the kind of lasting relationship he knows he could have with Brennan. Hannah is just a substitute.

Since we're only two episodes into the season, I'm afraid Hannah will be around a lot longer than we want. Just thinking back to when HH lied and said we'd only hate the writers for two or three episodes in S5, and it turned out to be pretty darn near all of them after the 100th (at least for me, anyway). But this fling with Hannah is a good thing, though...much as I hate to say it. A lot of soul searching seems to be in order for all parties that leads to the BIG CHANGE.
GryphonTatoo
GryphonTatoo

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:26 am

joybrennan wrote:
lancelot wrote:I can't agree that Booth is impulsive (especially with his line of work). He is a gambler though and Gamblers are risk takers.

In his work, no, he isn't impulsive. However in his personal/emotional life I'd say that he is. Like he when to go tell Cam off - and ended up in bed with her. Like he shot the clown out of frustration, like walking out of Sweets office and asking Brennan to "give this a shot."

I think Booth's character is VERY inconsistent. Him walking out of Sweets office and addressing the issue with Brennan on Sweets suggestion was really out of character IMO. That's my frustration with the character throughout the years. I think Brennan has been much more consistent and has shown growth. Booth has just changed IMO.

The Cam thing I think is interesting because he ended up with Cam after he decided to finally put an end to seeing his EX - distraction from what he thinks is a bad situation.? Sounds a lot like now.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:42 am

lancelot wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

In his work, no, he isn't impulsive. However in his personal/emotional life I'd say that he is. Like he when to go tell Cam off - and ended up in bed with her. Like he shot the clown out of frustration, like walking out of Sweets office and asking Brennan to "give this a shot."

I think Booth's character is VERY inconsistent. Him walking out of Sweets office and addressing the issue with Brennan on Sweets suggestion was really out of character IMO. That's my frustration with the character throughout the years. I think Brennan has been much more consistent and has shown growth. Booth has just changed IMO.

The Cam thing I think is interesting because he ended up with Cam after he decided to finally put an end to seeing his EX - distraction from what he thinks is a bad situation.? Sounds a lot like now.

I thought both the ex AND Cam were him unconsciously avoiding his feelings for Brennan. Laughing Mainly because he has that really intimate scene with Brennan and giving her the little pig. Then goes from that to being in bed with Cam.

As for the inconsistency... I'm wondering if they're going to do more work with the addiction stuff. I mean, going to an AA meeting...his brother's an alcoholic, so was his dad, he gambles and rescues... Some of the behavior could be explained by that part of his personality, could be an interesting way to explore Booth's past. (I'm actually using the addiction issue in a fanfic, it's the only thing that made sense to me for his behavior in the 100th Rolling Eyes)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:53 am

joybrennan wrote:
lancelot wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

I thought both the ex AND Cam were him unconsciously avoiding his feelings for Brennan. Laughing Mainly because he has that really intimate scene with Brennan and giving her the little pig. Then goes from that to being in bed with Cam.

As for the inconsistency... I'm wondering if they're going to do more work with the addiction stuff. I mean, going to an AA meeting...his brother's an alcoholic, so was his dad, he gambles and rescues... Some of the behavior could be explained by that part of his personality, could be an interesting way to explore Booth's past. (I'm actually using the addiction issue in a fanfic, it's the only thing that made sense to me for his behavior in the 100th Rolling Eyes)

I hope they do. I think they've thrown out some really interesting stuff about Booth but never really developed it like they do with Brennan. Maybe this year.

He's definitely got adult child of an alcoholic stamped all over him.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next