Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion

+39
Pat
DoctorB
GryphonTatoo
marebear
Zygomatic
bella
RubyRuby
bailey
peacefield
ReginaPhalange
jcn747
ddc
spectacularviews
Brain&Heart
lancelot
adbyadby
Cassiopeia
recoveringbonesaddict
future_anthro
joybrennan
tinkrella
treble21
southerngirl
jhi1005
jro54
katharine
MI_Bonesgirl
BBShipper
crzy4bones
Blue_Ink
dreamerktm411
SnoopGirl
ShannonQ
jonezn4Bones
DBCrazy
willgirl
anthropologystudent
flyersfan35
CanadianBones
43 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:34 am

lancelot wrote:
jro54 wrote:The Booth/Hannah breakup should be mutual. Brennan could learn to emulate Hannah...because she is a fast learner, but ultimately, Booth has to at least come to the conclusion that he can't move, that he can't settle for second best. Hannah can't just dump him and leave him all broken hearted...because then it will seem like Brennan is the rebound girl. To me, it seems more likely if the break up is mutual instead one dumping the other...and the only way for B&B to ever get together is if they both come to their own conclusions.

Yeah, that would be bad. I don't think it would even work if she realizes she's not meant for DC and leaves. Booth has to come to the decision it's over. I think something happens with Hannah to end the relationship - I'm not sure what though. I'm imagining it has something to do with her being a "troublemaker".

I would prefer it was mutual...just because even though I want B&B together, I would kind feel sort of sorry for Hannah if Booth just dumps her for Brennan...because she does seem very nice and likeable. I read something about how Hannah is very intuitive and good at reading people, so perhaps the longer she hangs out with Brennan and the squints, she'll start to pick up on how Brennan feels. Maybe Booth realizes that he can't move on...so he breaks up with Hannah, but she's like, "I know...you and Brennan are in love, so you two should be together" or something like that....but your post gave me another idea. What if Hannah writes a story releasing confidential information about a case...and doesn't tell Booth. I'm sure there is a lot of tension that runs between journalists and law inforcement officials.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 6x02 ~ The Couple in the Cave - Show Discussion

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:44 am

I've got to say, the idea that Brennan has to emulate The reporter is IMO puke .
Brennan has to be able to express her feelings as BRENNAN - not trying to act like someone else. Rolling Eyes If she's got to act like someone else so that Booth will love her, then it's not really Brennan that he loves, is it? He might as well stay with Raghag and let Brennan, the Brennan who now believes in love and is open to it, find someone who actually loves her.

Lucky for me, I don't think it will go down like that. I think this little side trip is about Booth having this "perfect" girlfriend and discovering what he wants is Brennan. Brennan did her thinking while in Maluka - she knows she loves Booth, is mourning what she's lost, and if the opportunity comes up again she'll take it. But emulate the Raghag? God, I hope not. No
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:52 am

He saved Hannah's life and she jumped on the chance to be with him. He's saved Brennan's life many times. Brennan could learn something from that.

Just Sayin'...... Very Happy (in a very friendly way)

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:57 am

lancelot wrote:He saved Hannah's life and she jumped on the chance to be with him. He's saved Brennan's life many times. Brennan could learn something from that.

Just Sayin'...... Very Happy (in a very friendly way)

That's true...but Joy brings up a good point. If she emulates the journalist..and acts like her, it won't be Brennan who Booth loves. I think he should love Brennan for being Brennan...and realize that even though Hannah is the "perfect" girlfriend...she is not who he wants. Interesting....

I gotta say, this is why I love this forums...because we get to express are opinions about what is going to happen. I've read so many interesting posts...and I have a few ideas myself.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:07 am

In the middle of a war zone and possibly restricted area while he's on duty. Yeah...No
That's adrenaline, lust, gratitude, and liking to take a risk. It's not love. I would take someone who really knows me and thought about what being together means over someone, "showing their appreciation" essentially for doing the job I'm there to do - defending and protecting civilians.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:10 am

I'm with you on that! But I bet just a tiny bit Brennan wishes she didn't think about things so much.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:17 am

lancelot wrote:
I'm with you on that! But I bet just a tiny bit Brennan wishes she didn't think about things so much.
Nah...she just wishes she could think and figure things out faster! Laughing Brennan will never see thinking as a deficit. She is mourning not figuring it out in time. Sad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:20 am

joybrennan wrote:I've got to say, the idea that Brennan has to emulate The reporter is IMO puke .
Brennan has to be able to express her feelings as BRENNAN - not trying to act like someone else. Rolling Eyes If she's got to act like someone else so that Booth will love her, then it's not really Brennan that he loves, is it? He might as well stay with Raghag and let Brennan, the Brennan who now believes in love and is open to it, find someone who actually loves her.

Lucky for me, I don't think it will go down like that. I think this little side trip is about Booth having this "perfect" girlfriend and discovering what he wants is Brennan. Brennan did her thinking while in Maluka - she knows she loves Booth, is mourning what she's lost, and if the opportunity comes up again she'll take it. But emulate the Raghag? God, I hope not. No

Thank you!! I'm so tired of hearing about Brennan learning from or emulating Hannah. I'm sorry, but one should not have to change everything about themselves in order to be with a person. What makes B&B special, is that they are two very different personalities with chemistry, and a deep fondess and respect for one another. The idea of Brennan becomming Hannah-Lite, is puke Brennan does not need a lesson on how to love, or how to feel love, from Booth's new squeeze. Neither does she need to learn how to be perfect for him.

When at the end of the day, what Booth really wants is to be with Brennan, then he will take the whole package, including all her quirks, her bluntness, her social awkwardness, her limited knowledge of pop culture etc. Brennan on the other hand will also accept Booth for all he is. That is love unconditional.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:23 am

Joy, what your previous reminds me of an interview I read with KW...and she said that Hannah truly loves Booth and that she follows him to DC to start a life with him. Puh-lease. Showing your appreciation to someone who is just trying to their job...mmmm, yeah, that's real love.

I don't even think Booth loves her. He may genuinely like her...and even have feelings for her, but it's definitely not a "once in a lifetime" type of thing. It's more of a "in the moment" type of thing...and then he hesitates when he says, "yes," after she says, "isn't that one of the things that you love about me?"

I just go the feeling that Booth/Hannah seems more of a fling, than a serious relationship. Doesn't it seem like when Booth says, "are you going to cause trouble while your here?" sounds like this relationship isn't going to go very far?...which kinda makes me feel better...because I'm okay with Booth having a "play toy" while Brennan realizes her feelings. Hannah is basically a "rebound girl."
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:21 am

joybrennan wrote:I've got to say, the idea that Brennan has to emulate The reporter is IMO puke .

I don't think it will go down like that also. I think Booth will realize what he "loves" in Hanah are the qualities that already exist in Brennan, she just wasn't willing to share them with him.
I know everyone dislikes the SO storyline, but I am stoked about it in a lot of ways after seeing the first 2 episodes (might change mind later). I see this as a character defining year for Brennan. She will come to a great deal, if she hasn't already, of self realization. She has already in just 2 episodes told someone she is sorry for something hurtful she said , has asked more questions about love than she has in the past 5 years, and admitted at the diner counter that she had fantasy dreams about her relationship with Booth. I am hoping that the episode where she sees herself in it will be the topper on the cake.
I would love love love for after that episode for her to have a tearful breakdown and scream out one word ........ BOOTH. I would enjoy it even more he was close enough to hear it.
Hanah will cause trouble, not killer kind of trouble, but trouble none the less. She will cross some kind of wrong Boothy code, whether it has to do with her job or Brennan, and Booth will put his foot down. That's what I think. He will then learn perfection ain't always what it's cracked up to being.
I think I will savor the Booth and Brennan connection even more because I have seen Brennan's dam break. Even though I was totally pissed about it last year, if the writers play their cards right, this could be an amazing hook up for them. And yes, it might be a little soap operaish but in the end I won't give a rats ass.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:26 am

Well just finished watching the episode after previously hearing everyone's views.

The storyline of course parallels B&B relationship which is fine, though they have to be careful not to get too heavy handed with this method of storytelling.

Now my views on Hannah, there were so many emotional tells for me that this thing Booth has with her is a rebound fling kind of scenario. Yes there is lots of sex, yes there is lots of PDA and yes there is lots of hand holding and love sick goofy grins but I don't actually find she has anything like the strong emotional chemistry B&B share.

It's not a mature relationship! The PDA fest in his office which I found very un Booth like seemed rather childish, there was no real substance to their exchanges (the key exchange for example). During the walk to the cave, Booth quickly changes the subject when Brennan awkwardly as only she can brings up the subject of love, he quickly affirms his love for Hannah but not to Bones face and then changes the subject. In the diner he rubs his nose quickly when he talks about Hannah after Bones brings her up again as if he's wiping away the lie.

The car rant with Sweets was just so overboard and forced - I presume deliberately by DB to show this kind of mania, almost bouncing up and down in the car trying to convince him how amazingly happy he is and how the 'past is the past' (yawn) and Sweets is there smiling away going I believe you, you're a lucky man and all the while I see him staring at Booth thinking "liar, liar, pants on fire!'

And the diner scene, is it just me or did KW really not play that scene too well? I kept being taken out of moment with her mangled diction, it was really odd. As for the fig tree, sorry count me out, there in a war zone for God's sake! I can't take Booth seriously with that picture being painted. SN must have been smoking something when he included that little morsel of information for us all.

The bed scene again was over the top, bathed in supposed happiness. I too caught the 'whilst you are here'. And she's already getting bored with life in DC by the sounds of it. I note he didn't say he loved her to her face either and she is immediately sensing Booth's close relationship with Bones and he busily gets dressed whilst he deflects her interest looking uncomfortable.

The diner scene was great, pity Sweets is in the way but the writers seem to want to put something or someone in the way of B&B physically as well as mentally now. Jaw dropping moment when Bones admits she was thinking of Booth and both of them stare at her - difficult to know what Booth was thinking at that moment. He clearly is still determined to brush off her comments and not address them face to face with her alone. Pity.

The end scene in the FF was heart breaking for any Bones devotee, I think if you had just tuned in and not seen all the other pointers that show this Hannah episode as just that an episode not a life changing event (unlike the moment he met Bones) you would want to cry. Booth called her on the usual love is a mixture of chemicals diatribe as she has saved his life a number of times so she's lying to herself there.

But to give us some hope, there were a number of times when you got those LOOKS and you know the ones I mean between B&B where you could see the love and deep emotional connection was there. Once when Hannah was talking about how Booth didn't shoot to kill unless he had to and also when Booth said 'it was still love' when he looked hard at her over his glass in the bar at the end. Also at the clinic for gambling they exchanged sad looks. There may have been a few more, he wasn't quite as cold towards her as he was in the first episode but he is still emotionally cold and distant I find at times. I also note he didn't really go near the lab.

Can I just say that Emily knocked the ball out of the park today with her facial expressions, her ability to convey pain and loss with just a flicker of her eyes or with her mouth/voice are truly brilliant and in the hands a lesser actress it would be a disaster.

As for Hannah, I would like to see a little less of her now for a few episodes, okay we get it she's hot, sexy and Booth is HAPPY! Rolling Eyes I can see the chinks already in their relationship being sign posted, Booth has not told her about his past and most importantly not told her about his past (cough) feelings for Brennan.

The next 5 or 6 episodes should be very interesting.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:37 am

RubyRuby wrote:Thank you!! I'm so tired of hearing about Brennan learning from or emulating Hannah. I'm sorry, but one should not have to change everything about themselves in order to be with a person. What makes B&B special, is that they are two very different personalities with chemistry, and a deep fondess and respect for one another. The idea of Brennan becomming Hannah-Lite, is puke Brennan does not need a lesson on how to love, or how to feel love, from Booth's new squeeze. Neither does she need to learn how to be perfect for him.

When at the end of the day, what Booth really wants is to be with Brennan, then he will take the whole package, including all her quirks, her bluntness, her social awkwardness, her limited knowledge of pop culture etc. Brennan on the other hand will also accept Booth for all he is. That is love unconditional.

Totally agree, especially after seeing KW's portrayal of Hannah, I don't have anything against the actress but the last thing I want Bones to turn into is Hannah! The impression I got of her was someone who thinks she is smart, sassy, kick ass, arrogant and likes to get into trouble to prove herself. I didn't find her overly warm she was very nice yes and pleasant to everyone but she has none of Bones innocence for want of a better word, Bones would never have had the conversation or acted like that with Booth in his office or in his bedroom. Hannah is forward in her behaviour and I also find her a bit immature at times or perhaps I find she makes Booth seem a bit immature.

Booth fell in love with quirky, innocent, razor sharp, mysterious, confused, conflicted, beautiful Bones. She does not have to try and emulate this person, you shouldn't have to change yourself to find love. Remember what Avalon said to Bones 'he knows the truth and he is dazzled by that truth' and the revelation (or so we thought) in her eyes at that moment. That sums it up for me, Booth knows what Bones is and I think he's more than prepared to love her - she has no reason to want to try to become more like Hannah. The only use Hannah serves for me is to show Bones more about Booth and how he behaves in a relationship and that she can give herself to him and take that risk.

bella
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:40 am

treble21 wrote:Oh to those that mention that Booth is distancing himself from Brennan and the Squints, I completely agree , in fact they aren't even subtle about it , they've gone so far as to have people literally "come between them" ( Sweets at the diner counter. Hannah at the founding fathers.) I don't think that means that Booth no longer loves Brennan, I think it actually means the opposite, that spending all that time so close to her, is hard for him. But he's still trying, he's still doing the lunches, and drinks etc.

They're about as subtle as a sledgehammer with this. I must admit it still pains me to see Booth being distant and cold - almost uncaring - with Bones at times. I realise this is the way the writers want it for now but it still hurts to see Bones so upset. Ironically it hurts more from the Bones perspective than it did watching Booth all tormented in previous seasons. I just have to keep believing that his apparently disinterest by Booth as Bones slowly unravels emotionally will eventually make him sit up and take notice and not just brush her off or pretend she never even said a thing.

bella
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:42 am

bella wrote:
RubyRuby wrote:Thank you!! I'm so tired of hearing about Brennan learning from or emulating Hannah. I'm sorry, but one should not have to change everything about themselves in order to be with a person. What makes B&B special, is that they are two very different personalities with chemistry, and a deep fondess and respect for one another. The idea of Brennan becomming Hannah-Lite, is puke Brennan does not need a lesson on how to love, or how to feel love, from Booth's new squeeze. Neither does she need to learn how to be perfect for him.

Totally agree, especially after seeing KW's portrayal of Hannah, I don't have anything against the actress but the last thing I want Bones to turn into is Hannah! The impression I got of her was someone who thinks she is smart, sassy, kick ass, arrogant and likes to get into trouble to prove herself. I didn't find her overly warm she was very nice yes and pleasant to everyone but she has none of Bones innocence for want of a better word, Bones would never have had the conversation or acted like that with Booth in his office or in his bedroom. Hannah is forward in her behaviour and I also find her a bit immature at times or perhaps I find she makes Booth seem a bit immature.

Booth fell in love with quirky, innocent, razor sharp, mysterious, confused, conflicted, beautiful Bones. She does not have to try and emulate this person, you shouldn't have to change yourself to find love. Remember what Avalon said to Bones 'he knows the truth and he is dazzled by that truth' and the revelation (or so we thought) in her eyes at that moment. That sums it up for me, Booth knows what Bones is and I think he's more than prepared to love her - she has no reason to want to try to become more like Hannah. The only use Hannah serves for me is to show Bones more about Booth and how he behaves in a relationship and that she can give herself to him and take that risk.

I totally agree with the both of you. thumbsup
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Zygomatic Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:11 am

When I hear "Brennan emmulates Hannah" I don't think that it means that she tries to learn from her or become her, and that is what Booth wants. Rather, IMO, she thinks that is what she needs to become for him (i.e. she realizes she loves him, wants to change for him, relating back to the 100th) and tries to emmulate Hannah. I feel like that would be an EXCELLENT set up for Booth to stop and confront her about it, and after she gives him her rational ("clear thinking") ideas he'll be able to tell her how stupid she's being and how she would never have to change for him.

Imo, in the 100th, it was a HUGE oversight on booth's part (or rather he wasn't ready yet) not to say that she was enough as she is, that she didn't need to change- perhaps brennan trying to be someone/something she's not will give him the kick in the pants to realize that she is amazing how she is, that she doesn't need to change for him...
Zygomatic
Zygomatic
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:25 am

Yes, Brennan has to realize that she's able to change for Booth...but she shouldn't try to be like Hannah. When Avalon said to Brennan, "he knows the truth and he is dazzled by that truth," she meant that Booth knows Brennan...and he's more prepared to love her...she shouldn't have to change herself for love. She has no reason to be like Hannah. She's nothing. Hannah is just a "rebound girl." Brennan is the ONE who Booth is going to spend the reast of his life with...and he should love her the way she is.

I'm just feeling bitchy after reading so many posts about how "Brennan should emulate Hannah...because she really loves Booth and she was willing to scrifice herself for him"...like Brennan doesn't love Booth...just because she never had sex with him under a fig tree after he saved her life? That's bull s**t. Hannah does NOT love Booth. People can think what they want, but having sex with a guy under a tree for doing his job...is NOT love. It's adreline, lust and taking risks. Booth doesn't even love her. He may genuinely like her and maybe even have feelings for her...but what Booth feels for Hannah will NEVER compare to how he feels for Brennan. It's definitely not a "once in a lifetime" type of love. It's just a "in the moment" type of thing...and what Booth/Hannah have will NEVER compare to what B&B have.

Last edited by jro54 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:31 am

One of the underlying topics in this episode is that things change and people change. Brennan with all her awkwardness wants to change too.

When I said that Brennan has to emulate Hannah, I said that Brennan has many of the same qualities that Hannah has but is unable to express them openly. We know she is capable of change, we know she is capable of loving someone, we know she is caring, and we know she is willing to commit to someone. The only one that doesn't know this is Brennan. When she recognizes that she has those qualities and is free to express them openly, she will be transformed. In this sense, she will be emulating Hannah. She will be open to love, to commitment, to people, and to family. She will let herself go and no longer be trapped by the construct she has created for herself. Deep down this is what she truly wants. Joy (the heart) will be asserting a greater control over Temperance (the brain).

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:38 am

Being totally superficial, can someone in the wardrobe department, stop trying to make Emily look so drab! Her wardrobe this evening was awful, those shirts remind me of a high school teacher of a certain age. She used to dress really well in earlier seasons, sometimes she looked absolutely luminous, I don't know if this is a conscious decision by the writers ('Hannah is HOT! and Brennan is NOT!' How could Booth possibly go back etc). Hopefully things will improve later in the season, please writers put her in a nice dress or something and no more trench coats!

bella
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:41 am

RubyRuby wrote:

Thank you!! I'm so tired of hearing about Brennan learning from or emulating Hannah. I'm sorry, but one should not have to change everything about themselves in order to be with a person. What makes B&B special, is that they are two very different personalities with chemistry, and a deep fondess and respect for one another. The idea of Brennan becomming Hannah-Lite, is puke Brennan does not need a lesson on how to love, or how to feel love, from Booth's new squeeze. Neither does she need to learn how to be perfect for him.

But I agree with that. I was just saying that Brennan is really good at learning from people. She's learned from Booth and Cam and Angela and Sweets. She will never become Hannah. I think Hannah is Brennan lite.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:58 am

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:One of the underlying topics in this episode is that things change and people change. Brennan with all her awkwardness wants to change too.

When I said that Brennan has to emulate Hannah, I said that Brennan has many of the same qualities that Hannah has but is unable to express them openly. We know she is capable of change, we know she is capable of loving someone, we know she is caring, and we know she is willing to commit to someone. The only one that doesn't know this is Brennan. When she recognizes that she has those qualities and is free to express them openly, she will be transformed. In this sense, she will be emulating Hannah. She will be open to love, to commitment, to people, and to family. She will let herself go and no longer be trapped by the construct she has created for herself. Deep down this is what she truly wants. Joy (the heart) will be asserting a greater control over Temperance (the brain).

Yea, I didn't think your post the way others did.

I agree that Brennan will see that good things happen when you're able to express your feelings to someone, by watching Hannah with Booth. And once Hannah's gone, she will realize that she has to tell Booth that she loves him or else risk losing him again.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:06 am

[quote="bailey"]
recoveringbonesaddict wrote:One of the underlying topics in this episode is that things change and people change. Brennan with all her awkwardness wants to change too.

Agree. I think this episode Brennan is dealing with having these pre-set ideals and not budging from them. She is finding out that life is exactly what she expected but she's surrounded with people who allow the unexpected to enter their lives (including Hannah).

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 am

I don't think Brennan will pursue Booth or even let him in how she feels. I think she will realize that she loves him, but that she missed her chance, so she should try to move on, just like Booth did. Even after Hannah leaves, she’s still not going to pursue him. She won’t just show up at his apartment wearing nothing but a trench coat after she sees him put his lips all over Hannah. She won’t think that he’s in love with her after seeing him all happy and in love with Hannah and thinking about everything he’s said about love and relationships, so it wouldn’t make sense for her to pursue him if she thinks that he will be unreceptive.

I don't expect Booth to just dump Hannah just to chase Brennan...but he has to at least realize that he can't move on...and that he can't settle for second best. I think he will have feelings for Hannah...but he won't feel the same way about her as he does for Brennan. It just can't possibly be that way. Brennan is the ONE. Hannah is basically just a rebound. IDK I just don't want Hannah to dump and leave him broken hearted...because then it will seem like Brennan is the rebound. They both have to come to their own conclusions that they belong together if they are ever going to get together.

I have feeling that the sniper and GD will bring B&B closer...like Brennan get seriously injured or she's there when some else gets shot because it could give Booth a kick in the pants that he's being a total douche bag and to kick Hannah out the door.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:18 am

jro54 wrote:I don't think Brennan will pursue Booth or even let him in how she feels. I think she will realize that she loves him, but that she missed her chance, so she should try to move on, just like Booth did. Even after Hannah leaves, she’s still not going to pursue him. She won’t just show up at his apartment wearing nothing but a trench coat after she sees him put his lips all over Hannah. She won’t think that he’s in love with her after seeing him all happy and in love with Hannah and thinking about everything he’s said about love and relationships, so it wouldn’t make sense for her to pursue him if she thinks that he will be unreceptive.

I don't expect Booth to just dump Hannah just to chase Brennan...but he has to at least realize that he can't move on...and that he can't settle for second best. I think he will have feelings for Hannah...but he won't feel the same way about her as he does for Brennan. It just can't possibly be that way. Brennan is the ONE. Hannah is basically just a rebound. IDK I just don't want Hannah to dump and leave him broken hearted...because then it will seem like Brennan is the rebound. They both have to come to their own conclusions that they belong together if they are ever going to get together.

I have feeling that the sniper and GD will bring B&B closer...like Brennan get seriously injured or she's there when some else gets shot because it could give Booth a kick in the pants that he's being a total douche bag and to kick Hannah out the door.

A lot of people keep saying that, but I disagree ... it is possible to love more than one person in your life and I think this episode really set up Booth trying to get that point across to Brennan. As MI_Girl and I were discussing earlier he really made a point to tell Brennan that the present does not change the fact that he loved her, and would die for her.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:27 am

bailey wrote:
jro54 wrote:I don't think Brennan will pursue Booth or even let him in how she feels. I think she will realize that she loves him, but that she missed her chance, so she should try to move on, just like Booth did. Even after Hannah leaves, she’s still not going to pursue him. She won’t just show up at his apartment wearing nothing but a trench coat after she sees him put his lips all over Hannah. She won’t think that he’s in love with her after seeing him all happy and in love with Hannah and thinking about everything he’s said about love and relationships, so it wouldn’t make sense for her to pursue him if she thinks that he will be unreceptive.

A lot of people keep saying that, but I disagree ... it is possible to love more than one person in your life and I think this episode really set up Booth trying to get that point across to Brennan. As MI_Girl and I were discussing earlier he really made a point to tell Brennan that the present does not change the fact that he loved her, and would die for her.

Yes, I agree with that. All I'm saying is I just don't see Brennan making that move easily. I see her realizing that she loves Booth, but that she missed her chance and that she has to move on

...and I also think Booth HAS to realize that she is the ONE. He has to realize that he's keeping her at a distance and comparmentalize. I don't agree with all this stuff about Brennan having to all the work. They BOTH have to make their own conclusions, otherwise I don't see how B&B can ever get together. (and this isn't directly to you, Bailey) I guess you can say that I'm just worried that Hannah is going to dump him and leave him all broken hearted...and then when B&B finally get together, it will seem like Brennan is just a rebound. Sad I really don't what that to happen (...and the romantic side of me really wishes that Booth would pursue her, which I doubt will happen)
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:42 am

jro54 wrote:Yes, Brennan has to realize that she's able to change for Booth...but she shouldn't try to be like Hannah. When Avalon said to Brennan, "he knows the truth and he is dazzled by that truth," she meant that Booth knows Brennan...and he's more prepared to love her...she shouldn't have to change herself for love. She has no reason to be like Hannah. She's nothing. Hannah is just a "rebound girl." Brennan is the ONE who Booth is going to spend the reast of his life with...and he should love her the way she is.

I interpreted this comment from Avalon differently than you did. When I saw this episode, what came to mind was the Iceland reference in TEitB. If you recall, Brennan was telling Booth how she hated when people call her a cold fish. Booth's reply, and this is the Truth he is dazzled by, is that she may be cold on the outside, but inside she is a volcano.

In reality, she is not cold. She is emotional and passionate. She just has to let this version of herself (I call this version -- Joy, the heart) out. Her cold exterior, (I call this version -- Temperance, the Brain) is a facade, her self defense mechanism.

I think Booth always saw this duality in Bones. In the 100, he hope the Joy part would manifest itself. He was wrong because the Joy part was not yet ready to push aside the Temperance part. Since the 100, Booth doubts whether Bones' true persona will ever emerge. Hannah in away is Brennan without the cold exterior. They share many of the same qualities. The differences between the two are superficial only. One is blond, and the other is not. One is in-touch with her emotions, and the other so far is not. Overall they are not that different, and this is why Booth is attracted to both.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next