Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+51
Matthie
adbyadby
aardvark508
future_anthro
jonezn4Bones
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Blue_Ink
Pat
AmandaFriend
flyersfan35
i_heart_bones
howie
joybrennan
Kasper
bella
Fi1975
empiricist
NY2KS
geraghtyvl
Cassiopeia
ReginaPhalange
andreana22
MI_Bonesgirl
MoonlightGardenias
lancelot
Ankuuh
DoctorB
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
bones fan 99
royaldinerlurker
treble21
SJB
phoebsfan
crzy4bones
tinkrella
Lorna Doone
Lo
iheartbooth
SnoopGirl
dreamerktm411
jro54
CanadianBones
HermioneGirl101
Miller259
katharine
bailey
dawnsfire
bugaboo628
gordongordonfan
THX1138
55 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by katharine Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:24 pm

treble21 wrote:Brennan " I find I'd like to hug you" best moment of the episode.

So agree.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Ok so my thoughts... it was ok. there were good moments, and it seems like they are trying to fix some of the issues with the finale, which is good. But it wasn't a great episode.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:30 pm

treble21 wrote:Brennan " I find I'd like to hug you" best moment of the episode.
I'd have to agree, that and Caroline's reaction to her saying it, too damned funny.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:14 pm

LOVE Bones trying to hug Caroline! And when Booth comes back they are both looking at each other so weird and he says to Bones "Bones, what did you do!" LMAO

Thought it was a good episode as well. Not one of my top fav's, but likable, and definitely good at painting a clear picture of how some storylines are going to go this season. Some of the stuff was 'over the top' (read DAISY here, Waaaaaay too much)... Oh, and Sweets needs to shave! (looks like a walking stereotype of a homeless wannabe blues musician.) And the photo that they have Booth show of Hannah on his phone! LMAO! It looks sooooo much like an actors portfolio shot [Only admins are allowed to see this image] Every hair in place as she leans up against the building in war torn territory. Almost like old time soldiers carrying 'pin up' photos! But these are just little things. Overall I really liked it, and I always love when they use Caroline and she was big in this epi!
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by royaldinerlurker Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:39 pm

I thought it was a good episode. The case was much better than some of the cases we got last year particularly given everything else they had to fit into the episode. It is clear that Bones has changed - she was much more open with her feelings and to other people's feelings. Booth is trying to be happy and is clearly distancing himself from Bones.
Spoiler:
Looking forward to next week.

royaldinerlurker

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:07 pm

treble21 wrote:I love that Sweets is asking for advice from Booth, but wow Booth's response,"give yourself a chance to be happy" kinda made me sad for him.

Me too I was a wee bit heart broken
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by SJB Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:44 pm

I just saw the episode and really liked it!

Laughed so much at caroline asking booth if he got a bit of 'sumtin sumtin' while he was away!! loved it!

It was a pretty jam packed episode, with bringing everyone together, solving cases (plural) and everything else that was in it

Spoiler:
SJB
SJB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:54 pm

The episode was not as bad as I expected. However when I compare my mood after watching this episode and Castle's season premiere, I'm blase about Bones but I'm trilled with Castle.

In Castle's season premiere both Castle and Beckett demonstrated jealousy, and each showed how much they wanted to be involved in the others' live. What sent chills up my leg (borrowing from Chris Matthews) is knowing that Beckett let Castle win the bet because she wants him back, and when Espo call her on it she just smiles. As to Bones, I am really getting tired of the way Brennan keeps denying her feelings. The longing looks everyone is excited about are nothing new. Even the emotional connections she makes in this episode are more a throw back to the Brennan of season one who was capable of making connections with people. I know Brennan is not Beckett, but I'm wishing she were.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:09 pm

I loved it!

it feels so surreal to have finally watched a NEW episode!

i thought it was a really funny episode, me and my sister just kept on laughing! I was shocked by Angela's new. but sooo happy for her and Hodgins! Smile Smile

I couldn't believe Booth though, when Brennan was so obviously comparing herself with Hannah, about Booth arresting her. Booth you fool, could you not see her jealousy?? seriously!!!!

And ummm... how hot did Wendell look?!!!

I'm so glad to have our gang back together! Smile
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:45 pm

I enjoyed it purely because I like having Bones back on my screen again, but I can tell the entire Hannah storyline is going to be vomit inducing. The whole thing is quite heart breaking. It felt obvious that Booth was trying to distance himself from Brennan, their chemistry was lacking IMO because he is trying to convince himself he's moved on from her and doesn't need her in his life anymore.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankuuh Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:05 pm

I liked this episode. And for me (and maybe Im ready to much into this) the fact that Booth kept telling everyone how he moved on and is happy totally says the opposite.
Spoiler:
Btw, I was very very very happy to see that Angela told Brennan first that she was pregnant. Ive missed those moments between them and hope to see more.

The case overall was okay, but I did like the episode. Its not like some of you said that it is in my top 5. But I think its a good start of the season.
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Overall I enjoyed the episode. I"m glad Booth was distant. I don't think Brennan really gives him enough to get excited about besides she's done those longing glances before and it amounted to nothing. It seems to me in this episode her friends stopped cutting her breaks, including Cam. No matter how brilliant you are there comes a time where you have to own up to your actions. I think Cam was just saying, "you messed up a good thing" and that has consequences. I think she was referring to the work they did as a team in Washington. When something is good you take care of it - protect it. Good for Cam!

I think last season Brennan clearly wanted her cake and eat it too. She won't let herself be vulnerable, pushes Booth away but she also wants Booth by her side. Life doesn't work that way.

I thought the comment "you weren't there to protect me" was selfish and IMO he finally responded the way a strong healthy man would- he laughed it off. I kind of hope he keeps it up for a little while. I"m not a fan of the door-mat Booth.

I thought the diner scene between Angela and Brennan was great. That humor is such a big part of why I like the show. The hug scene with Caroline too.

What I wasn't so happy with was the unbelievable sort of cartoony beginning of the show. Brennan and Daisy posing at the jeep acting like women and Booth answering his cell phone during combat. BUt it didn't ruin the show for me.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:34 pm

lancelot wrote:

I thought the comment "you weren't there to protect me" was selfish and IMO he finally responded the way a strong healthy man would- he laughed it off. I kind of hope he keeps it up for a little while. I"m not a fan of the door-mat Booth.

I took that as Brennan obviously making a joke. She didn't actually blame Booth for not being there to protect her, nor was she suggesting she wanted him to be. It was a joke. Brennan is an independent kick ass woman, she doesn't need Booth to protect her nor does she think she needs him to protect her.

It's not like Brennan forced everyone else to leave. Booth, Angela and Hodgins made the choice to go. If Brennan is at fault for leaving, so are they, IMO.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:36 pm

I forgot to list one thing that did annoy me.....Caroline saying the whole "Scooby Gang" was back. While it could have been homage to the real Scooby Doo, it just came off as a BTVS rip-off with DB standing right there...kinda weird....

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:48 pm

DoctorB wrote:
lancelot wrote:

I took that as Brennan obviously making a joke. She didn't actually blame Booth for not being there to protect her, nor was she suggesting she wanted him to be. It was a joke. Brennan is an independent kick ass woman, she doesn't need Booth to protect her nor does she think she needs him to protect her.

It's not like Brennan forced everyone else to leave. Booth, Angela and Hodgins made the choice to go. If Brennan is at fault for leaving, so are they, IMO.

I see your point but I'm not taking her comment literally. She definitely can fend for herself however it was flirtatious and she was the one that turned him down last season.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:57 pm

lancelot wrote:
I see your point but I'm not taking her comment literally. She definitely can fend for herself however it was flirtatious and she was the one that turned him down last season.

I didn't think it was particularly flirtatious. It was more of a friendly joke IMO. Is Brennan not allowed to treat Booth as her friend anymore, one who she can joke around with? I just don't see how a comment she obviously meant as a joke can be considered selfish especially when Booth is the one doing things like implying Brennan has something missing compared to his new GF who is clearly perfect Rolling Eyes

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:00 pm

I'm just enjoying the twist that's all. Very Happy

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:01 pm

Okay, was it just me or did this episode seem to go by incredibly fast? I don't mean that in the sense that it felt rushed (although admittedly the last fifteen or so minutes while dealing with the case and stuff was fast paced), it just seemed like one minute Booth and Brennan were welcoming each other back and then in the next they were standing in front of the Mastadon.

Was it my favorite episode ever? No, but it wasn't my least favorite either. To me, and I guess this is because they're bringing Hannah into the picture and so there wasn't as much UST between Booth and Brennan, but it felt incomplete somehow.

It DOES seem like maybe Booth is over her somehow. But it's only been one case. They've only been home a few days. I didn't really like him the majority of the episode but I don't know why. For one, protective!Booth didn't rear his head when Brennan talked about the men she had to fight off.

My favorite moment was between Brennan and Caroline too. The "I would like to hug you now." because it shows that she's grown you know? She's more emotionally connected. That being said, when she ran to Logan with that smile on her face and she just beamed? GAH. That was so amazing.

OH. And yay for that BFF/Sister moment between Brennan and Angela when she told her about the baby. That was great. I love that they're connected again. That was awesome. And Hodgins--"I'm gonna be a daddy."...*tear*
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:05 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:
It DOES seem like maybe Booth is over her somehow. But it's only been one case. They've only been home a few days. I didn't really like him the majority of the episode but I don't know why. For one, protective!Booth didn't rear his head when Brennan talked about the men she had to fight off.

Yes - this is the vibe I got. Booth not really wanting much to do with Brennan. Hopefully he will go back to showing the side of himself that still, you know, likes her, as the season progresses.

ETA: I loved the Hodgela scenes! So lovely Smile

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:12 pm

I don't think you can have a moment like they did in the 100th episode las season without him backing off. I think they should have followed through with that then but they didn't. It seems natural that he'd protect himself. He seems human. I do think that it'll come around though.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:16 pm

lancelot wrote:I don't think you can have a moment like they did in the 100th episode las season without him backing off. I think they should have followed through with that then but they didn't. It seems natural that he'd protect himself. He seems human. I do think that it'll come around though.

I think Booth needs to realise he can't move on from Brennan to really prove to himself how deep his feelings are for her... and Brennan needs to realise that having a romantic relationship with him will be worth the risk. I still thought his comment about Brennan missing something was mean and unnecessary. She is still supposed to be his best friend, and someone he cares about, even platonically.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:25 pm

I must have missed that. I'll watch again and listen for it. I find I miss a lot of the nuances the first time around. I don't know if you agree but I think sometimes Booth says things that are SO out of character. It's bothered me throughout the last few seasons.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:45 pm

Overall I liked it just because I was happy to see everyone back in a new ep Very Happy

I didn't really enjoy Booth as much as I normally do this episode (and I am a big Booth fan). I thought his comment about Brennan missing something (esp in comparison to Hannah) was cruel and nasty. Sure he is clearly distancing himself from Brennan, but he was almost acting like he wanted nothing to do with her. I found it painful to watch. Just cos he's "moved on" doesn't mean he should stop treating her like his best friend or as if she is some estranged co-worker he's been forced to work with and has to put up with. Their chemistry was totally lacking and like I said in other threads, I hope that we see the part of Booth who still actually likes and cares for Brennan emerge throughout the season. I really don't want watch him talk about how perfect his GF is in comparison to Bones all season.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:54 pm

I do like the ending though, with the whole "We've worked around bigger." comment and the look she gave him. It was sad in a way because that really does make it seem as if he's finally moved on and I guess in some ways he has. And who can blame him? But at the same time, it just seemed like a moment of...what exactly? Not reassurance but something else. Sort of like a "We are the center, and the center must hold." type of thing.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:55 pm

lancelot wrote:
DoctorB wrote:
lancelot wrote:

I see what you're saying. It was flirtatious. That was the point and booth didn't really respond as he normally would....though you can tell it was sort of a struggle for him not to get all cute and gushy with her.

Booth is deff keeping himself at a distance. I like that way better than door mat booth. But, I do hope that he's not the last to realize that she HAS changed and she does have feelings for him. I feel like last season was based off of one miscommunication after another. Remember when Hodgins and Angela broke up....and then last season they were looking back thinking 'why did that happen? either one of us could have stopped it?' Thats exactly how it was for booth and bones too. Either one of them could have changed their outcome. Booth could have fought a bit more....perhaps even SAID the word love to her. Brennan could have tried harder. She could have given him a chance that night. Both of them are pretty much at fault IMO and it's going to take time I think for Booth to get over being hurt and realize that he could have done something about it too.

Hodgins and Angela went through the same thing in season four when Hodgins was mad at her and everyone else. Also, notice how daisy and sweets are mirroring brennan and booth.

Daisy wants another chance and Sweets says he can't give it to her because she left him for her job. She says she only did it to emulate dr. brennan and that dr. brennan was wrong....so she was wrong too.

I almost forgot!

My favorite line of the whole thing was "I like that I am only afraid of snakes when I have booth to jump on" HILARIOUS because in season one she has NO problem with snakes. She plays with one in that new orleans episode! It always drove me nuts that all the sudden in season three, she's terrified of snakes.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next