Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ RATINGS

+8
joybrennan
bailey
tinkrella
royaldinerlurker
treble21
Cassiopeia
bugaboo628
THX1138
12 posters

Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ RATINGS Empty 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ RATINGS

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:25 pm

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ RATINGS

Post them here!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ RATINGS Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ RATINGS

Post by bugaboo628 Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:02 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Over at Fox, old faithful crime solver Bones remained just that, with the season six opener at a very comfortable (and second place) 6.8/11 in the overnights from 8-9 p.m. Next on Fox was the third season launch of Fringe at a fourth-place 3.9/ 6 in the highly competitive 9 p.m. hour. While that may not sound like much, Fringe did build by eight percent from one year earlier (3.6/ 6 on Sept. 24, 2009).
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ RATINGS Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ RATINGS

Post by Cassiopeia Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:39 am

Some ratings here:
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:44 am

9.79 million? Is that up or down from last year? I'm too lazy to go find out LOL but I think it's up?
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by royaldinerlurker Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:11 am

My understanding is that it is a little down on last year as last year it was 10 million last year. Ratings got higher in the season when there was less competition and as the 100h episode was hyped.

It is better than I feared given that it is up against the much hyped TBBT (I don't get that popularity of that show at all - but it also amazes me that anyone has watched Two and a Half Men more than once when it is the same joke every week - each to their own I guess).

I think Hanson will be relieved and unless it drops off massively in coming episodes I guess it kinds of backs up Hanson's view that the noisy internet haters are not to be taken too seriously.

royaldinerlurker

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:14 am

royaldinerlurker wrote:My understanding is that it is a little down on last year as last year it was 10 million last year. Ratings got higher in the season when there was less competition and as the 100h episode was hyped.

It is better than I feared given that it is up against the much hyped TBBT (I don't get that popularity of that show at all - but it also amazes me that anyone has watched Two and a Half Men more than once when it is the same joke every week - each to their own I guess).

I think Hanson will be relieved and unless it drops off massively in coming episodes I guess it kinds of backs up Hanson's view that the noisy internet haters are not to be taken too seriously.

I was talking about the ratings for premiere last year, the show didn't hit 10 million until about halfway through the season last year. I'm pretty sure the premiere was around 9 million last year.

Last edited by treble21 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Yeah I'm wrong. see post below.)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:21 am

Ok so It was bothering me so I looked it up Bones premiered with 10.1 million viewers last season so the difference is approx 300,000 viewers, which is not bad at all. especially considering all of the factors ( the competetition, angry fans etc.)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:06 am

treble21 wrote:Ok so It was bothering me so I looked it up Bones premiered with 10.1 million viewers last season so the difference is approx 300,000 viewers, which is not bad at all. especially considering all of the factors ( the competetition, angry fans etc.)

Yeah. It's honestly not bad at all. They premiered a week earlier last year and the competition wasn't as steep on that week. That can make a huge difference. Also, big bang was highly hyped on it's new night and everyone has been talking about that dad says show. It will probably settle out as the season goes on unless of course....bones takes a crazy dive which I really doubt it will. I can't imagine fox being upset it by it. They don't need to win thursday nights, they just need a strong, faithful following so that they don't get pummeled.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:14 am

treble21 wrote:Ok so It was bothering me so I looked it up Bones premiered with 10.1 million viewers last season so the difference is approx 300,000 viewers, which is not bad at all. especially considering all of the factors ( the competetition, angry fans etc.)

Prolly 300,000 Big Bang Theory fans. LOL.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:41 am

Before we think Bones is out of the woods,
Spoiler:
I'm more interested in the next few weeks. At this point, I'm not rooting one way or the other. I just want the storyline to end. (No, I didn't watch, and have no interest; I can keep tabs on the plots from here and keep my blood pressure down. Laughing And no, nothing I've read makes me feel like watching. However, I am glad people are. You guys are watching - so I don't have to. Laughing )
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:42 am

I noticed the ratings on bones.blogspot.

I am thinking that Bones, whether they were up or down in the ratings, did a solid 8pm showing.

If you look -
The Big Bang Theory had nearly 14 million viewers (somewhat similar to Survivor if I recall).
Bones had nearly 10 million viewers.

I am truly thinking that even if HH stood on his head and said hey fans S6 premiere I'm gonna have Booth and Brennan kissing and hugging and saying I love you and all that schtick, they still wouldn't get 14 million viewers. I could be wrong but I don't think so.
Even with all the hype last year of the 100th I don't think they got passed 12 million.

I don't profess to understand all that ratings crap, I just know that I enjoyed the show and even after all my bitching about the finale last year I am looking forward to this year.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:48 am

joybrennan wrote:Before we think Bones is out of the woods, remember that they made darn sure everyone knew Raghag wasn't going to be in the premiere. I'm more interested in the next few weeks. At this point, I'm not rooting one way or the other. I just want the storyline to end. (No, I didn't watch, and have no interest; I can keep tabs on the plots from here and keep my blood pressure down. Laughing And no, nothing I've read makes me feel like watching. However, I am glad people are. You guys are watching - so I don't have to. Laughing )

@joybrennan
I understand your decision not to want to watch because of upcoming events and I respect that , but I feel bad for you and others that aren't. I was sooooo pissed at last year's finale and the turn of events I have read for this year. But you know what, I enjoyed last night's show. Mainly because of the ideas of Brennan really looking at her life and her cohorts are gonna dig right in there and push it in her face and help her. There were subtle looks and comments and a few bold ones that are gonna steer her in the direction that we all want.
Feel free to tell me I told you so if I am wrong about 2 months from now, but I just feel bad for you guys because I think you are gonna miss the sweet and sour leading up to what I believe will be "the year of Temperance Brennan".

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:29 am

katharine wrote:
joybrennan wrote:Before we think Bones is out of the woods,
Spoiler:
. I'm more interested in the next few weeks. At this point, I'm not rooting one way or the other. I just want the storyline to end. (No, I didn't watch, and have no interest; I can keep tabs on the plots from here and keep my blood pressure down. Laughing And no, nothing I've read makes me feel like watching. However, I am glad people are. You guys are watching - so I don't have to. Laughing )

@joybrennan
I understand your decision not to want to watch because of upcoming events and I respect that , but I feel bad for you and others that aren't. I was sooooo pissed at last year's finale and the turn of events I have read for this year. But you know what, I enjoyed last night's show. Mainly because of the ideas of Brennan really looking at her life and her cohorts are gonna dig right in there and push it in her face and help her. There were subtle looks and comments and a few bold ones that are gonna steer her in the direction that we all want.
Feel free to tell me I told you so if I am wrong about 2 months from now, but I just feel bad for you guys because I think you are gonna miss the sweet and sour leading up to what I believe will be "the year of Temperance Brennan".

I'm glad you and others enjoyed it. We have different takes on the show. For one, I don't see this mess as being all Brennan's fault, so the above is not reassuring. Very Happy. Being that felt Brennan was coming back knowing her feelings, and from what I've read she has, just reinforces my thoughts about the 100th and this storyline. My feelings are more aloong the lines of
Wendy's - from Obessesed with Bones. As you know she just shut the site down. She also mentioned maybe checking in later in the year to see where the show was at, but that it was no longer the show she fell in love with.

I am enjoying reading everyone's take on what's happening. Nothing I've read makes me feel like downloading it. To use a metaphor from another thread: watching you guys ride the rollorcoaster is fun, I enjoy seeing you throw your hands in the air, screaming and laughing. It doesn't make me for one moment wish I were on it. I'd be miserable, scared and sick. Not just sick while ON the ride, but for HOURS afterwords. Please, don't feel sorry for me for taking care of myself, just continue to enjoy your ride. I'll be watching ya! Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi1975 Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:39 am

Although the ratings are slightly down on last year, it still isn't bad numbers at all, and it's around what I thought the premiere might get. I'm not familiar with the Big Bang Theory at all (I think it's on some satellite channel in the UK, the show's not hugely known here), but in terms of its ratings in its old slot vs its new slot with Bones, does anyone know how that show compared?

Spoiler:
Most viewers who may have only seen promos or not aware of any spoilers may be intrigued by her, or not such big B&B shippers as most of us on the boards. The drop could be from people who decided to stop watching after the S5 finale, be bigger fans of TBBT or just not be aware that Bones has re-started.

Spoiler:

Also, I hope that last night's episode reassured some viewers who were on the fence about this season (although, of course, we're only one episode in, so far). From what I read earlier, people's reactions tended more towards the positive than the negative.

Fi1975
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Say What You Want : Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:43 am

joybrennan wrote:Before we think Bones is out of the woods, remember that they made darn sure everyone knew Raghag wasn't going to be in the premiere. I'm more interested in the next few weeks. At this point, I'm not rooting one way or the other. I just want the storyline to end. (No, I didn't watch, and have no interest; I can keep tabs on the plots from here and keep my blood pressure down. Laughing And no, nothing I've read makes me feel like watching. However, I am glad people are. You guys are watching - so I don't have to. Laughing )

\o/
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:01 pm

I've seen a couple episodes of BBT because one of my roommate from college liked it. Got to say I didn't find it funny, but I have high expectations for comedies.

As for Bones, I'm happy we didn't take any big drop in viewers, although it's really only the intense people who said they weren't going to watch. I'm just as passionate, but I don't let it affect me as much. And in a way I think Hannah brings that chemistry back to B/B which might of took a dive after the 100th just a little. So I think fans should be grateful for that at least I am, canons should have chemistry or the show dies, unfortunately. I know people will disagree, but if you aren't watching you won't know for yourself because everyones take about what they see in an episode is different.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:18 pm

Uh guys? I have to have a moderator moment here..... this is the show discussion thread please remember that the unspoiled ( the ones that avoid promo's etc.)
Spoiler:
. Please stop referring to that as if everyone knows ( outside of the spoiler section anyway)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Although the ratings are slightly down on last year, it still isn't bad numbers at all, and it's around what I thought the premiere might get. I'm not familiar with the Big Bang Theory at all (I think it's on some satellite channel in the UK, the show's not hugely known here), but in terms of its ratings in its old slot vs its new slot with Bones, does anyone know how that show compared?

TBBT performed about the same as their monday night slot they may have lost or gained a few hundred thousand as well, but last time I check the ratings for them they were around 13-14 million viewers, which is right about what they had last night.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:42 pm

treble21 wrote:Uh guys? I have to have a moderator moment here..... this is the show discussion thread please remember that the unspoiled ( the ones that avoid promo's etc.)
Spoiler:
. Please stop referring to that as if everyone knows ( outside of the spoiler section anyway)

lol!
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:17 am

Lol, my bad so the promos after the show are still counted as spoilers? Wait I'm confused actually wasn't
Spoiler:
mentioned in the premiere too? Was I the one blurting spoilers? Very confused, lol sorry.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:21 am

Lo wrote:Lol, my bad so the promos after the show are still counted as spoilers? Wait I'm confused actually wasn't
Spoiler:
mentioned in the premiere too? Was I the one blurting spoilers? Very confused, lol sorry.

yeah unfortunately. There are people that avoid those as well, which is why the promo discussion is always in the spoiler thread.

and No it wasn't you, the posts that were a little spoilery have been tagged.
Spoiler:
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down