Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+51
Matthie
adbyadby
aardvark508
future_anthro
jonezn4Bones
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Blue_Ink
Pat
AmandaFriend
flyersfan35
i_heart_bones
howie
joybrennan
Kasper
bella
Fi1975
empiricist
NY2KS
geraghtyvl
Cassiopeia
ReginaPhalange
andreana22
MI_Bonesgirl
MoonlightGardenias
lancelot
Ankuuh
DoctorB
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
bones fan 99
royaldinerlurker
treble21
SJB
phoebsfan
crzy4bones
tinkrella
Lorna Doone
Lo
iheartbooth
SnoopGirl
dreamerktm411
jro54
CanadianBones
HermioneGirl101
Miller259
katharine
bailey
dawnsfire
bugaboo628
gordongordonfan
THX1138
55 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:39 pm

awww they're so happy to see each other!!! and Daisy's comedic value is overkill so far. But happy to see the return of kickass Brennan
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by crzy4bones Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:39 pm

tinkrella wrote:so....metaphorically was the mastodon Hannah? Or....was it all that has happened between booth and bones and if they were going to stick.

And....who do you think is the lynch pin? It made me chuckle that they all wanted to take credit for that. We know booth and bones are the center.

I think the Mastodon was all that has happened between Booth and Brennan.

And I think that everyone thinking they were the lynch pin was funny...but it was also true. You can't have the team without a single one of them. Just like back in the first Gravedigger episode when Booth tells Brennan that he had thanked God for saving all of them, because if even one of them had been taken away, then Brennan and Jack wouldn't have been saved...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:40 pm

dreamerktm411 wrote:This is actually one of my favorite season premieres. I liked it way better than the last two years.
The Hannah thing was not at all a big deal and the scene where Brennan and Booth talked about it wasn't that bad.
The Angela/Brennan scene was so sweet it wanted me to hug them too and the case was both interesting and a little heartbreaking, the best kind for Bones.
I fell (a little more) in love with Hodgins when he was so wonderful and excited about Angela being pregnant. It actually made me tear up.
Then they smiled at each other and it turned from me tearing up to me full-on crying.
There was something so great about Brennan in this episode. In season 5, her awkwardness made me want to roll my eyes sometimes or even cringe at parts. But in this episode (and hopefully throughout the rest of season 6) it was perfectly endearing like it used to be. There's obviously been a lot of growth in her character in the "seven months" they were away and I can't wait for it to hopefully be explored better in later episodes.
Also, Brennan and Caroline's conversation was the perfect mix of being so completely human and beautifully pure yet at the same time funny (Caroline's facial expressions are epic) that it was probably one of my favorite Bones moments in a long time.
And, of course, the end scene was sweet.

Oh, Hart. Even when I get angry and frustrated and completely unhappy with you, you always win me back in the end.

It's true. I should be in the group "I'm mad at hart hanson.....but dammit, I can't stay mad at him!" Razz

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:40 pm

tinkrella wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:Let's not forget what was, for me, a much more important conversation in this episode in terms of illuminating Booth's relationship than the whole 'heart attack' convo was.... and THAT is his convo with Miss Caroline! I don't have the whole convo in my head, but when she asks what "Dr. B thinks about that" and also Booth drops a VERY TELLING line about how "Hannah doesn't have 'issues'" (He uses different words but I can't remember them right now)... Caroline says something like "nope, no issues there."... It made me happy that right out of the gate they are having Booth bring internal comparisons b/n the 2 women up the moment he starts talking about Hanna to people who are traditionally "His and Bones'" people... He may be trying hard to convince himself he is in love, and I think that at this point he really wants to be, and maybe even thinks he is... but how many obvious clues can the writers have given us to show us straight away what is really going on here. I love that they gave us that.

you're right. i forgot all about that conversation. This episode deserves a rewatch just for all the not so subtle hints they through out at the future of this storyline. It's rather obvious, the more I think about it. The one he had with sweets was very telling too.

I know I should just wait and watch the episode for myself (and this actually makes me feel better reading how other people felt about it) but what is telling? That fact that Booth is just trying too hard to move on?
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:43 pm

treble21 wrote:awww they're so happy to see each other!!! and Daisy's comedic value is overkill so far. But happy to see the return of kickass Brennan
Aww, man, forgot to mention that in my review! For the record, I love the kick-butt Brennan that beats up crazed men in Indonesia and finishes with them knocked out on the ground while she has not a hair out of place! She's my idol. Smile
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:45 pm

LOL I love the updates on the squinterns. Oh. and Cam is super angry at Brennan for leaving.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:46 pm

dreamerktm411 wrote:This is actually one of my favorite season premieres. I liked it way better than the last two years.
The Hannah thing was not at all a big deal and the scene where Brennan and Booth talked about it wasn't that bad.
The Angela/Brennan scene was so sweet it wanted me to hug them too and the case was both interesting and a little heartbreaking, the best kind for Bones.
I fell (a little more) in love with Hodgins when he was so wonderful and excited about Angela being pregnant. It actually made me tear up.
Then they smiled at each other and it turned from me tearing up to me full-on crying.
There was something so great about Brennan in this episode. In season 5, her awkwardness made me want to roll my eyes sometimes or even cringe at parts. But in this episode (and hopefully throughout the rest of season 6) it was perfectly endearing like it used to be. There's obviously been a lot of growth in her character in the "seven months" they were away and I can't wait for it to hopefully be explored better in later episodes.
Also, Brennan and Caroline's conversation was the perfect mix of being so completely human and beautifully pure yet at the same time funny (Caroline's facial expressions are epic) that it was probably one of my favorite Bones moments in a long time.
And, of course, the end scene was sweet.

Oh, Hart. Even when I get angry and frustrated and completely unhappy with you, you always win me back in the end.

I can't say enough about the bit between Brennan and Caroline. It shows Brennan's humanity to a tee. When has she ever really wanted to hug someone (besides Booth). It's her way of saying - thank you (which she did), but much more. She knows she shouldn't have left, she found nothing there except herself, and she's so glad to be home but can't say it now because of Booth's girlfriend. Caroline gave her that and it is hearwarming to see her show that.

I just hope that all of the aby members that were so adamant about not watching can download or DVR because I just really think they are going to miss moments this year that they didn't expect because we were all worried about Hanah.
If you were here you would have heard the sarcasm is my voice when I said the word - HANAH. .. She will be no problem.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:48 pm

ok so I'm a little confused. Parker told Booth to go away in the finale because he didn't want to be the reason Booth didn't go to help people... and now he's all cool with Booth staying home because of him.... help me out here.. am I missing something?
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:48 pm

hot damn! hello Wendell!
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:54 pm

I haven't watch the premiere yet....because I don't have a TV (I know, right Rolling Eyes) but reading everyone's post is making me feel better, so the whole episode wasn't about the team talking about Hannah? And what's up with the convos with Booth and Caroline and Booth and Sweets?
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Booth/Caroline- I'm taking this opportunity to point out that Caroline is awesome, but I really sort of expected a "your a dumbass" comment to Booth.

Jro- I'm halfway through and Hannah has only been mentioned twice
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:57 pm

treble21 wrote:ok so I'm a little confused. Parker told Booth to go away in the finale because he didn't want to be the reason Booth didn't go to help people... and now he's all cool with Booth staying home because of him.... help me out here.. am I missing something?

no, just the bad writing from the season finale that they knew they have to atone for now.

And on an odd note I found it wierd that they even threw in something about Booth not wearing his seatbelt. I had read somewhere before that people had busted HH's chops on why Booth doesn't wear his seatbelt - him being a "cop" and all. He said he couldn't get Booth to wear it, but DB does.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Booth seems unaturally happy.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:01 pm

I love that Sweets is asking for advice from Booth, but wow Booth's response,"give yourself a chance to be happy" kinda made me sad for him.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:03 pm

katharine wrote:
treble21 wrote:ok so I'm a little confused. Parker told Booth to go away in the finale because he didn't want to be the reason Booth didn't go to help people... and now he's all cool with Booth staying home because of him.... help me out here.. am I missing something?

no, just the bad writing from the season finale that they knew they have to atone for now.

And on an odd note I found it wierd that they even threw in something about Booth not wearing his seatbelt. I had read somewhere before that people had busted HH's chops on why Booth doesn't wear his seatbelt - him being a "cop" and all. He said he couldn't get Booth to wear it, but DB does.

I read that HH said that he could never get DB to wear a seatbelt because she doesn't want to wear a seatbelt in fake car, he does in real life.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Brennan/Angela I'm glad Ang told Brennan about being pregnant and didn't keep it from her.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:05 pm

jro54 wrote:
katharine wrote:

I read that HH said that he could never get DB to wear a seatbelt because she doesn't want to wear a seatbelt in fake car, he does in real life.

Katharine quoted correctly, but HH meant what you said jro, DB won't wear one onscreen because the car isn't actually moving, but apparently does wear one in real life ( or at least HH believes he does)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:08 pm

I should see it for myself, tomorrow when it becomes avaible on HULU, but from the posts that I've read, it seems that Booth is just trying to convince himself that he's happy, but he's not really natually happy. It does make me a little sad for him, but it also makes me think that I can get through this "Hannah" arch.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Booth used the term "squintern" I think that may be the first time it's been used on tv?
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:10 pm

jro54 wrote:I should see it for myself, tomorrow when it becomes avaible on HULU, but from the posts that I've read, it seems that Booth is just trying to convince himself that he's happy, but he's not really natually happy. It does make me a little sad for him, but it also makes me think that I can get through this "Hannah" arch.

Well the Booth stuff is subtle if you take it at face value, he's happy, but there's indications that he's not as happy as he could be.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:15 pm

treble21 wrote:
jro54 wrote:I should see it for myself, tomorrow when it becomes avaible on HULU, but from the posts that I've read, it seems that Booth is just trying to convince himself that he's happy, but he's not really natually happy. It does make me a little sad for him, but it also makes me think that I can get through this "Hannah" arch.

Well the Booth stuff is subtle if you take it at face value, he's happy, but there's indications that he's not as happy as he could be.

I'm gonna watch for myself before I make any judgements, but I already kind of expected for Booth to be happy, but he's deep down, he's not completely happy because he can only be completely happy with Brennan.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:15 pm

treble21 wrote:Booth seems unaturally happy.
It's unnatural because it's totally forced. Watch the scene with Booth and Sweets again. Their exchange, when Booth is trying to convince Sweets to let Daisy go and move on? Man if he was giving me that advice I'd go the opposite way because he's clearly unhappy even as he insists that moving on finally gave him his chance for happiness. He's kidding himself and it's all gonna end in tears. Actually I'm looking forward to that now, I'm betting Hannah has even less of a shelf life than Tessa.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 pm

THX1138 wrote:
treble21 wrote:Booth seems unaturally happy.
It's unnatural because it's totally forced. Watch the scene with Booth and Sweets again. Their exchange, when Booth is trying to convince Sweets to let Daisy go and move on? Man if he was giving me that advice I'd go the opposite way because he's clearly unhappy even as he insists that moving on finally gave him his chance for happiness. He's kidding himself and it's all gonna end in tears. Actually I'm looking forward to that now, I'm betting Hannah has even less of a shelf life than Tessa.

king RM

I totally agree about that scene with Booth/Sweets, he didn't even let Sweets finish before he was like "move on" .
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 pm

treble21 wrote:Booth used the term "squintern" I think that may be the first time it's been used on tv?
It is! And still not one (*^$T)@T#T@ nickel in royalties! I tell ya' I coined that term over seventeen months ago and I still haven't seen a penny for my efforts.

headdesk RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Brennan " I find I'd like to hug you" best moment of the episode.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next