Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+51
Matthie
adbyadby
aardvark508
future_anthro
jonezn4Bones
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Blue_Ink
Pat
AmandaFriend
flyersfan35
i_heart_bones
howie
joybrennan
Kasper
bella
Fi1975
empiricist
NY2KS
geraghtyvl
Cassiopeia
ReginaPhalange
andreana22
MI_Bonesgirl
MoonlightGardenias
lancelot
Ankuuh
DoctorB
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
bones fan 99
royaldinerlurker
treble21
SJB
phoebsfan
crzy4bones
tinkrella
Lorna Doone
Lo
iheartbooth
SnoopGirl
dreamerktm411
jro54
CanadianBones
HermioneGirl101
Miller259
katharine
bailey
dawnsfire
bugaboo628
gordongordonfan
THX1138
55 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:19 am

lancelot wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
lancelot wrote:
...but it's still logic that turns her. Booth taps into that logic. All I'm saying is that for Brennan to get with Booth it needs to make logical sense. Right now she thinks it's illogical to be with him romantically because it will eventually ruin their relationship. When she sees there's a fault to her logic (which there is) things will change.

I actually like her logical nature. I think the interesting thing about this show is that everyone has such different opinions and can back them up with episodes, lines etc. That's what makes it fun.
The above is very different from saying Brennan doesn't HAVE feelings and that people are projecting feelings onto her. VERY different. I can agree with the idea that Brennan doesn't see any logic in telling Booth how she feels because he's in love with someone else. However; that same logic will also keep her away from Booth if/when he doesn't have time for her. She loves him and would do anything for him. If his new relationship means he no longer has time for her - she will be VERY hurt, but silent to Booth about it, and not try to have more time with him. She DOES want him to be happy, so she won't do anything that she sees as upsetting that happiness. So basically, unless Booth notices and does something, this could go on forever. Rolling Eyes

Th

I most definitely think Brennan has feelings. I'm probably not explaining myself correctly. When I say projecting their feelings on her I mean they may not be Brennan's feelings. Brennan may have different feelings. Just like when Sweets projects his feelings on Booth. They're more about Sweets than Booth.

I think Brennan's actually slowly addressing what's really going on in her brain this season. I love her in the last 2 episodes.

This is probably in the wrong thread. Brennen may have different feelings....than what? What is it that you think is being projected on to her? That she's in love with Booth? That she came back ready to try with Booth only to find out she can't? Who would go around telling everyone they realized they had fallen in love with someone who now has a girlfriend? Instead, she is trying to be rational and compartmentalize her feelings but is discovering that she can't? What is it that you see as the projection?
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by lancelot Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:27 am

joybrennan wrote:
lancelot wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
lancelot wrote:
...but it's still logic that turns her. Booth taps into that logic. All I'm saying is that for Brennan to get with Booth it needs to make logical sense. Right now she thinks it's illogical to be with him romantically because it will eventually ruin their relationship. When she sees there's a fault to her logic (which there is) things will change.

I actually like her logical nature. I think the interesting thing about this show is that everyone has such different opinions and can back them up with episodes, lines etc. That's what makes it fun.
The above is very different from saying Brennan doesn't HAVE feelings and that people are projecting feelings onto her. VERY different. I can agree with the idea that Brennan doesn't see any logic in telling Booth how she feels because he's in love with someone else. However; that same logic will also keep her away from Booth if/when he doesn't have time for her. She loves him and would do anything for him. If his new relationship means he no longer has time for her - she will be VERY hurt, but silent to Booth about it, and not try to have more time with him. She DOES want him to be happy, so she won't do anything that she sees as upsetting that happiness. So basically, unless Booth notices and does something, this could go on forever. Rolling Eyes

Th

I most definitely think Brennan has feelings. I'm probably not explaining myself correctly. When I say projecting their feelings on her I mean they may not be Brennan's feelings. Brennan may have different feelings. Just like when Sweets projects his feelings on Booth. They're more about Sweets than Booth.

I think Brennan's actually slowly addressing what's really going on in her brain this season. I love her in the last 2 episodes.

This is probably in the wrong thread. Brennen may have different feelings....than what? What is it that you think is being projected on to her? That she's in love with Booth? That she came back ready to try with Booth only to find out she can't? Who would go around telling everyone they realized they had fallen in love with someone who now has a girlfriend? Instead, she is trying to be rational and compartmentalize her feelings but is discovering that she can't? What is it that you see as the projection?

I don't think Brennen is "a shell that can't be cracked and disappointed or she'll never love again". As Cam and Sweets have both said. I think that's more like them than her. I think she's stronger than that. I also don't think there's all this underlying stuff going on with Brennan. I think Brennan usually says exactly what she's thinking - she impulsive and unfiltered. She told Booth she fantasied about him. The girlfriend in his life didn't stop her from saying that.

I think Booth is the one with all the layers. He's more vulnerable than Brennan and Brennan knows it.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:53 am

lancelot wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
lancelot wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
lancelot wrote:

Th

I don't think Brennen is "a shell that can't be cracked and disappointed or she'll never love again". As Cam and Sweets have both said. I think that's more like them than her. I think she's stronger than that. I also don't think there's all this underlying stuff going on with Brennan. I think Brennan usually says exactly what she's thinking - she impulsive and unfiltered. She told Booth she fantasied about him. The girlfriend in his life didn't stop her from saying that.

I think Booth is the one with all the layers. He's more vulnerable than Brennan and Brennan knows it.

I agree with the Sweets statement. When Cam said that at the top of season 5 I think she was right. However, Brennan has changed so much since then I don't think it's completely true anymore. I COMPLETELY disagree about Brennan being less vulnerable as a character and having no layers. Well, maybe not layers. More like boxes within boxes. All people see is the one big outer box. However, this is a circular discussion. How about we just agree to disagree? Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:02 am

I'm good with that. It was a good discussion... Smile

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:10 am

I agree. Laughing It's nice to have one with someone who doesn't freak out with differences of opinion. Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesfan158 Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:17 am

I hope you don't mind but I'm jumping in on this discussion. I, too, enjoy a friendly discussion and am capable of accepting and even enjoying a different point of view.

I agree with both Cam and Sweet's statements at that point in Season 5. Brennan has such trust and abandonment issues that they were absolutely correct in cautioning Booth as they were both unsure as to his mental state. Neither one of them told him not to proceed, just be sure before you do and it was very wise advice.
I believe that she is very different now. She still has a long way to go emotionally, but at least is venturing out and I think it is because of the outcome of the 100th episode. When she refused to become an actual couple with Booth, he did not abandon her. He agreed to remain friends, and really tried. He in a sense showed her that it was OK to allow someone to see your emotions. He was there for her for the remainder of the season, and held her when she again admitted that she was struggling(something she did not do earlier) when she talked about the nightmares.
I believe she reached her emotional breaking point in The Boy with the Answer, but the team all rallied around her. I think for the first time in her life, she is actually experiencing friendship and was overwhelmed which is one of the reasons she left.

Season 6 has seen her come back much more together, both professionally and emotionally. She still has a long way to go, but she is taking chances that she would never take before and is seeing some positive results.

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:48 am

Ok, here's an example. Cam tells Brennan in the last episode that she is acting harshly in the lab because of her feelings about Booth having Hannah. However by the end of the scene we see that Brennan was right about Clark making a big mistake by not thinking on his own and relying on her opinion when she didn't have all the facts. He then sees what she's talking about and she nicely tells him "Chicago made a mistake" because he sees the thing he missed. IMO it's unclear whether Cam is right or not. I think there are a lot of moments like that especially in the seasons past.

Let me add though, I DO think she's bothered by Hannah's presence.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:52 am

bonesfan158 wrote:I hope you don't mind but I'm jumping in on this discussion. I, too, enjoy a friendly discussion and am capable of accepting and even enjoying a different point of view.

I agree with both Cam and Sweet's statements at that point in Season 5. Brennan has such trust and abandonment issues that they were absolutely correct in cautioning Booth as they were both unsure as to his mental state. Neither one of them told him not to proceed, just be sure before you do and it was very wise advice.
I believe that she is very different now. She still has a long way to go emotionally, but at least is venturing out and I think it is because of the outcome of the 100th episode. When she refused to become an actual couple with Booth, he did not abandon her. He agreed to remain friends, and really tried. He in a sense showed her that it was OK to allow someone to see your emotions. He was there for her for the remainder of the season, and held her when she again admitted that she was struggling(something she did not do earlier) when she talked about the nightmares.
I believe she reached her emotional breaking point in The Boy with the Answer, but the team all rallied around her. I think for the first time in her life, she is actually experiencing friendship and was overwhelmed which is one of the reasons she left.

Season 6 has seen her come back much more together, both professionally and emotionally. She still has a long way to go, but she is taking chances that she would never take before and is seeing some positive results.

Wow! Nice point. I hadn't looked at that aspect in terms of her leaving.

thumbsup
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesfan158 Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:11 am

I thought of that because I kept going back to her conversations with Cam, Booth, Angela and Hodgins.
The scene between she and Cam when they were discussing the fact that Cam had met someone and Booth was dating. Cam made a point to Brennan stating essentially that everyone including her needs someone.
Opening up to Hodgins about her feelings about the Gravedigger
Her discussion with Booth where she stated that she felt she was losing her edge because of all the people in her life.
Her nightmares
and finally her admission to Angela that she was worried all the time.
To me, all this added up to emotional overload.

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13