Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+51
Matthie
adbyadby
aardvark508
future_anthro
jonezn4Bones
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Blue_Ink
Pat
AmandaFriend
flyersfan35
i_heart_bones
howie
joybrennan
Kasper
bella
Fi1975
empiricist
NY2KS
geraghtyvl
Cassiopeia
ReginaPhalange
andreana22
MI_Bonesgirl
MoonlightGardenias
lancelot
Ankuuh
DoctorB
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
bones fan 99
royaldinerlurker
treble21
SJB
phoebsfan
crzy4bones
tinkrella
Lorna Doone
Lo
iheartbooth
SnoopGirl
dreamerktm411
jro54
CanadianBones
HermioneGirl101
Miller259
katharine
bailey
dawnsfire
bugaboo628
gordongordonfan
THX1138
55 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION Empty 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:24 pm

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

The season premier is fast upon us, so if you want to discuss and countdown to the episode do so here!

(Just remember, no posting spoilers before after the show on Thursday!)

king RM

Last edited by THX1138 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by gordongordonfan Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Woo to the Hoo! SOOOOOO grateful to SOON have a new episode to discuss! We need some fresh epi's! 21 hours and counting! :-)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by bugaboo628 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:24 am

REMINDER!

Promos are considered spoilers. Please do not discuss next week's promo in this thread.

bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:15 am

bugaboo628 wrote:
REMINDER!

Promos are considered spoilers. Please do not discuss next week's promo in this thread.

I don't understand that at all. They aired, so they should be open for regular discussion. But whatever. Rolling Eyes

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:13 am

This may be a stupid question but do we consider it spoiler safe during/after the east coast airing or not until after the west coast airing?
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:54 am

Not a stupid question and I would say spoiler safe after the EST/CST showing. At least that's my theory.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:10 am

All I needed to see was the first 9 minutes and that look on her face when she saw Booth (who is hot as hell) for the first time.

She couldn't wait to touch him. It's on like Donkey Kong, Hanah.

I'm all in...........BRING IT ON................

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller259 Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:24 am

I don't like that they're not in the lab....it's bothering me....
Miller259
Miller259
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:33 am

I'm mad at Cam for blaming Brennan, and the actual hug between Booth and Brennan was disappointed.

But Wendell is making it all worth it. Very Happy
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:33 am

um Wendall, holy hot as hell.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller259 Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:38 am

lol Bones "paying attention" to Angela cracked me up.

AND OH MY GOSH ANGELA'S NEWS!!!!!!!
Miller259
Miller259
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller259 Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:46 am

hehehehe, squinterns. pfffffhahahaha. That made my day
Miller259
Miller259
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:02 am

I got all gushy at the end just now, with the mastodon. Literally, out loud: "oh, it's a giant mastodon! in the room! it's the mastodon! it's their relationship; it's a metaphor! I love this show so much!" and got teary-eyed.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:04 am

What happen in the scene with Brennan and Angela at the diner in the promo? It seemed very intriging. Suspect
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:04 am

there was an actual mastodon in the room, they are clever those bones peeps.

Overall super pumped about season 6 and really liked the premiere and getting all the gang together again.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:09 am

Okay, so I haven't watched yet. Anyone want to let me know...
IS IT SAFE TO WATCH?

(Just to let you know: By this I am not referring to Hannah, I don't mind as much about her, though it's not my favorite plot line. I'm talking "Is it one of those disastrous episodes from the end of last season?")

Last edited by dreamerktm411 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:11 am

All I have to say is that I feel sorry for all of the folks that aren't watching because of the "Hanah" storyline. After tonight I am so stoked that this is the year for Brennan to realize what she has missed,
what she wants, and what she needs in a loving relationship, ie:Booth.

Why do I think that -
The snake comment about jumping on Booth
Daisy saying to Sweets that Dr. Brennan said she made a mistake
Brennan wanting to hug Caroline for bringing them back together
Booth only saying that "a heart attack" was serious, not his relationship

As for Cam blaming Brennan for the break up of the team - you go girl.
I think that the Hanah story and the rest of the team will push Brennan this year to realize that love is something special and to be cherished. i think they will continue to ask her if she's bothered or upset or why isn't she jealous. She's gonna have that ahah moment and I for one want to be there when it happens.
I think Booth will realize he doesn't have love with Hanah just a cheap imitation of what he wanted with Brennan.

This episode wasn't earth shattering, but it set me to believe that storm known as Hanah Burley isn't going to upset me in the least. I'm telling you folks we may have to sit through a disgusting kiss or two, but I am not worried. I am excited.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:12 am

dreamerktm411 wrote:Okay, so I haven't watched yet. Anyone want to let me know...
IS IT SAFE TO WATCH?

I haven't watched it yet, but I've heard specifically that there is no Hannah. They just mention her and we see a picture of her.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:14 am

katharine wrote:All I have to say is that I feel sorry for all of the folks that aren't watching because of the "Hanah" storyline. After tonight I am so stoked that this is the year for Brennan to realize what she has missed,
what she wants, and what she needs in a loving relationship, ie:Booth.

Why do I think that -
The snake comment about jumping on Booth
Daisy saying to Sweets that Dr. Brennan said she made a mistake
Brennan wanting to hug Caroline for bringing them back together
Booth only saying that "a heart attack" was serious, not his relationship

As for Cam blaming Brennan for the break up of the team - you go girl.
I think that the Hanah story and the rest of the team will push Brennan this year to realize that love is something special and to be cherished. i think they will continue to ask her if she's bothered or upset or why isn't she jealous. She's gonna have that ahah moment and I for one want to be there when it happens.
I think Booth will realize he doesn't have love with Hanah just a cheap imitation of what he wanted with Brennan.

This episode wasn't earth shattering, but it set me to believe that storm known as Hanah Burley isn't going to upset me in the least. I'm telling you folks we may have to sit through a disgusting kiss or two, but I am not worried. I am excited.

Really? Booth didn't described his relationship as "serious as a heart attack," he just said "heart attack?"..and what happens in the Brennan/Ang diner scene?
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:16 am

jro54 wrote:
dreamerktm411 wrote:Okay, so I haven't watched yet. Anyone want to let me know...
IS IT SAFE TO WATCH?

I haven't watched it yet, but I've heard specifically that there is no Hannah. They just mention her and we see a picture of her.

That's what I really liked, actually. There wasn't over-emphasis "OMG BOOTH HAS A GIRLFRIEND" all episode.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:16 am

As usual I was interrupted but it was my doing so no one to blame but my self *sigh* But from what I did see, pretty good.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:18 am

REMINDER!

bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:20 am

I was expecting worse, so I was pleasantly surprised. No Hannah in the opener and I was pleased by that, it would have been a needless distraction. The actual story worked much better than I thought it would and I found it well balanced, and oddly endearing. In fact the biggest downer for me was the actual "Mammoth in the Room". The concept was a rather stupid play on the common phrase "Elephant in the Room" and having an actual mammoth there at the end? Meh, it just didn't work for me. Anyway, Fringe is on and I've got an Inkslinger to write. Catch y'all later!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:22 am

IS IT SAFE TO WATCH?

(Just to let you know: By this I am not referring to Hannah, I don't mind as much about her, though it's not my favorite plot line. I'm talking "Is it one of those disastrous episodes from the end of last season?")

I thought the case was solved quicky and a bit too conventially ... but it was an interesting case in its own right. Actually there's kinda two cases going on here.

There was a lot of metaphoric stuff about BB ... I thought it was done fairly well, enough to make me smile but it didn't overwhelm. Booth only told two ppl about Hannah -- Bones and Caroline and both asked directly.

The girl scene with Ang and Brennan was pretty good ... I think it's very clear they're trying to show change in Brennan. She stuck up for Wendell when she had the perfect opportunity (or two actually) to insult him, she rather rationalized his thought processes. She even wanted to hug Miss Julian at one point.

I think it's safe to watch, IMO, better than Predator and Witch in the Wardrobe and the others from the end of last season (well aside from The Boy with the Answer, and the finale but I liked those.) Smile
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:26 am

bugaboo628 wrote:
REMINDER!

I wasn't discussing anything that happens in next week's episode. The specific scene that I'm curious to see does happen in this episode according to the various reviews that I've read.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next