Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+51
Matthie
adbyadby
aardvark508
future_anthro
jonezn4Bones
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Blue_Ink
Pat
AmandaFriend
flyersfan35
i_heart_bones
howie
joybrennan
Kasper
bella
Fi1975
empiricist
NY2KS
geraghtyvl
Cassiopeia
ReginaPhalange
andreana22
MI_Bonesgirl
MoonlightGardenias
lancelot
Ankuuh
DoctorB
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
bones fan 99
royaldinerlurker
treble21
SJB
phoebsfan
crzy4bones
tinkrella
Lorna Doone
Lo
iheartbooth
SnoopGirl
dreamerktm411
jro54
CanadianBones
HermioneGirl101
Miller259
katharine
bailey
dawnsfire
bugaboo628
gordongordonfan
THX1138
55 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 10 Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by Matthie Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:52 pm

I do not think Booth has shown the photo of Hannah to hurt Bones. He has Bones showed the photo to show her that he has done what he thinks, what she wants.

Booth has always done everything to give to Brennan that he thinks she wants. It's always been like that, not only that he initially agreed to be the father of the child from Bones. All this he did out of love for her. As a favor for a partner it would be a bit too much. I have no doubt in his love for Bones.

In the 100th Bones has rejected him. IMO the result is that he thinks that she will not have a relationship with him, either now or in the future. He thinks everything what Bones wants is to work with him. At the end of the 5th Season Bones would not even work with him anymore. He has apparently also assumed that he was the only one in the seven months Bones had no contact. All encouraged him in his belief that they have never had a relationship.

IMO, Booth showed Bones the photo of Hannah to tell her, "Look, I've done what you wanted, I'm move on. Can we work together again? That is also everything that he asks, can we work together again, Are we a team? Are we back? He does not ask how in the 100th Do you regret your decision?
Matthie
Matthie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 10 Empty Re: 6x01 ~ The Mastodon in the Room ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by lancelot Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:57 pm

joybrennan wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:
jonezn4Bones wrote:Suffice it to say that there have been several things established over the course of the series:

4) Bones is really a vehicle to introduce whatever personal agendas the producers, writers, and actors want to promote.

Is that not the very notion of television?
The actors, writers and producers will always draw from their own personal experiences/opinions to attempt to create a realistic television show...
I know that no one episode is going to please everybody, they know that too.
For me, trying to wish for different plot lines, and a story arc that involves character development that I really want to see happen, is like taking the last chapter of a novel and scribbling it out and writing your own. It just doesn't seem right...
Given the mood in here, I'm almost afraid to say that I agree with you. Being a writer, even if it is only low quality fanfiction and original stories, I completely understand. When I have an idea, I think about it and it grows in my mind. I expand until I see the whole picture...and my vision of the story and development of the characters is going to be completely different than some of the readers. I mean, I've read many, many books, and most times, they don't end the way I envisioned when I started out. That being said, I do get comments about certain things, (ie; plot developments, new characters, etc), and sometimes I think about it and realize that I like the idea and can find a way to use it. But ultimately, it's MY story...it's about my vision. I realize everyone has their opinion, and I respect that, but to say that I shouldn't be writing it the way I envision it is just wrong. HH obviously had a vision about this show...he obviously cares for it, just the way I care about every story I write and every character I create. If he feels he needs so many obstacles to keep BB apart until he puts them together...well, that's his story. Trust me, I get frustrated too...there are things that I don't like, but instead of berating him for his vision, I just try to accept it and move on. Most of the time, I really enjoy the show...if I can laugh and cry and feel something in each episode, then I'm happy. And most times, I do.

I do understand that everyone is different, and they invest so much more into a show, and that's fine. And believe me, I do love reading people's opinions. I just hate when people say that HH is the devil for writing the show his way...it is HIS SHOW. And before I get bashed, I'm not talking about some of the things he gets wrong, I'm just talking about his vision. Although I do think that if he had to follow every rule and law known to man, the show would be a lot less entertaining...some restrictions really need to be dismissed so that the story can be developed.

I think jonezy has a great point...the show isn't imperative to him anymore. He can watch without so much expectation, and I think he can enjoy it more now. Picking apart every little thing seems to me an exercise in futility. I could never enjoy a show so much if I was worried about everything being exactly by the book. But to each his own...trust me, I totally get that.

Yikes...I really didn't start out to write a novel...lol. Although I do have to say, only because I feel so strongly...I feel Hero in the Hold was a great episode, full of action and emotion...and yes, a ghostly quality. So what? Booth the character would completely believe in it, so I really never understood why it was so offensive to some. No one asked us to believe in ghosts, but I think it fit the character well. Soap opera-ish? Why? Because it went out of the realm of solid reality into the unknown? Tough. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I believe in ghosts, but I do know there are a LOT of unexplained things out there, and I would never think of berating someone for their belief of the paranormal. No, the show isn't about ghosts and paranormal activity, but for one episode, we can't even explore the possibilities? Sorry,I just think that's silly. And please don't bash me, I'm just stating my opinion, just like everyone else has.

Holy crap...I've rambled on and now I'm late! I truly hope everyone has a great day/night!

I didn't have a problem with the ghost conceit - it worked for Shakespeare, and HAD A POINT. It also wasn't OUT OF CHARACTER for Booth to believe in such things. We have talked about this stuff on the board before, but not in terms of what to expect from a professional writer - a showrunner. The idea that it's HH's creation and that anything he writes is therefore GOOD, is something that I can't agree with.

In terms of Hart's universe, he breaks his own constructs, and rearranges his characters' history to fit whatever episode is being worked on. If he were writing fan-fiction I wouldn't be complaining. He isn't. He is being paid major amounts of money to turn out a quality product, and IMO he's been falling down on the job. He is a professional. There is such a thing in professional writing as a time line, a treatment, an arc. His lack of continuity comes out of not keeping track of these things. In the world he created, Cam's the best coroner in the state. This means - as a good writer - you need to come up with another reason for being unable to identify the body as NOT being Logan. It means you THINK it through, work with the character. You don't just suddenly turn the character into someone who can't tell the difference between an Asian and Caucasian child.Rolling Eyes

If this were Fringe I could with entering a different universe every few episodes, but this ain't Fringe, and the characters are acting like aliens from some other universe, perhaps "Days of Our Lives," since even within an episode you don't know which version of a character is going to be speaking.

On the other hand. I do agree that it is Hart's Universe to f**k up. Being it's on network TV and he's being paid to write the show, I also think we have the right to comment on the fact that the rules he put in place for his universe - which he wants us to tune into - is currently a mass of chaos. We are allowed to voice our disappointment in his current work. He created high expectations with his first three seasons. If the show had started out at this level of writing, I wouldn't be complaining. (Nor would I have gotten hooked on it, but that's something else entirely.)

The first letdown was Zach - but there was a writer's strike. It was out of his control, a difficult situation. Then, half a season of being told B&B were getting together - and we got a brain tumor and a fantasy. A brain tumor. Total soap opera, but ok. One major unlikely, out of nowhere event in a story arc is allowed. (not kidding, it's a screenwriter's tip. You break the audience's sense of reality if there's more than one. Works great in slapstick comedy, but Bones is a drama/procedural with humorous elements - at best a dramedy).

Season five...Booth thinks he's love, Bones is allowing herself to open up and get closer to him, to people, to love. She's agreeing to be a part of his kid's life, bonding with his grandfather, explaining that she's had change in position about her belief in romantic love, giving credit to Booth for that change...and then two episodes later, she's explaining that she's incapable of change and therefore can't be with Booth, she's afraid her "lack" of being adaptable will hurt Booth. Shocked Saying she unaware of her ability to change - when she JUST EXPLAINED that she HAS CHANGED, is just bad writing. It was inconvenient to the agenda of splitting B&B apart.

It's not that he shouldn't have split them apart. This is not about wanting the show to go in a certain direction. If he'd wanted to split them apart, there are plenty of places building up to the 100th where he could have had Brennan express doubt about herself, her abilities to love. It could have been done without decimating his characters. She could have said to Booth the Christmas gathering made her uncomfortable - even though she knew it was the right thing to do. That speech about believing in love would NOT have happened, even if it was so pretty - in a Brennan sort-of way. Wink She could have reacted as hoping for the best with them, even though she wasn't sure if love truly exists. That would be planning, thinking about where you want the characters to go next. That would have added some plausibility to the ending of the 100th.

I'm not even going to get into Booth. silent

We can split an atom to release energy, but it's not a natural, "organic" (to borrow from SN's TV guide interview) occurrence, and doing so destroys the original mass. Yes, it can produce energy for us to use, but it can also destroy a world. It needs to be done carefully, and with A LOT of thought and planning. Careful thought and planning is not what we're been seeing on Bones.

In a much shorter analogy: If Bones were his baby, I would be calling the authorities about child abuse.

As to why I still care...I love the kid too much to just completely walk away - even if I'm powerless to do anything but be a witness to the parents' abuse. Crying or Very sad

Wow, that was perfectly said. Exactly what I've been feeling over the last 5 years watching this show. I usually don't post of boards about TV shows (just never thought to before) but I came wanting to read if other people felt the show was inconsistent and badly incongruent at times. I'm glad I'm not alone. I think it's sad because as you said it started out SO strong. I think the writers could have worked with the amazing initial characters they created and themes they touched on like fact vs. intuition, God vs superstition, self-preservation vs. sacrifice, love vs. duty, the black and white vs grey areas of life etc. and had an intelligent, funny and heartwarming series as the characters all struggled to understand each other. Hell, Brennan and Booth could come to understand each other and sympathize with each other so deeply they fall in love. Done well that could have easily lasted for years without all the schtick they've thrown in.

I liked the ghost episode. I thought he was actually "in character" the whole episode. I thought he displayed some of the skills he would have if he was a trained army ranger. They neglect that side of Booth. Not solely the action stuff but just the knowledge and experience he would have. I swear sometimes he acts like he's never seen a dead body.

The soap opera-ish thing about it was that it was really a brain tumor. How else do you account for the hockey player and Stewie? He also doesn't see ghosts any more. I think if you're going to go that angle let's have him wake up from surgery and retain some paranormal activity. For God's sake HH if your going to do it stick with it. No instead they use the brain tumor (or lack there of now) as a devise to deconstruct him completely (no more intuition, can't shoot straight, forgets how to do plumbing) except that now he is in love with Brennan. As if that's all his character is there for. (Harlequin romance).

Can't agree more with your neglected baby analogy. It's all been neglected but IMO booth is actually the most neglected of all the characters. Obviously not in time or attention, but in care. It seems like his story lines fall apart or disappear or go off in some weird illogical tangent.

I find that I watch the show differently now than I used to. First I was surprised at how good it was , then I was confused and bothered by it's inconsistencies and now I just enjoy it in a very light and campy entertainment sort of way. That's just not as satisfying for me though.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:48 am

I like Bones and HH.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:01 am

Okay, it has been said before and while I do love an open forum the organic manner in which a discussion grows, we've done enough picking over non-episode related issues in this thread. Let's try and get back to discussion of topics and/or issues that actually pertain to season premier, "The Mastodon in the Room", m'kay?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:06 am

Well I'm pretty sure every aspect of the episode and then some has been discussed in here, I'm not sure what is left to discuss.

oh I just thought of something. I so loved the scene between Ange and Jack at the diner and they are talking about Jack being a Dad and his excitement over the baby and aww it was just so sweet!
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 am

CanadianBones wrote:Well I'm pretty sure every aspect of the episode and then some has been discussed in here, I'm not sure what is left to discuss.

oh I just thought of something. I so loved the scene between Ange and Jack at the diner and they are talking about Jack being a Dad and his excitement over the baby and aww it was just so sweet!
I will say that it's among my favorite scenes in the episode. TJ's acting is far from subtle but it just works. I mean, he pulls off adoring, wonder-struck, future father as well as I've ever seen it done. It was really sort of sweet in a way we rarely see on the show.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:23 am

THX1138 wrote:
CanadianBones wrote:Well I'm pretty sure every aspect of the episode and then some has been discussed in here, I'm not sure what is left to discuss.

I will say that it's among my favorite scenes in the episode. TJ's acting is far from subtle but it just works. I mean, he pulls off adoring, wonder-struck, future father as well as I've ever seen it done. It was really sort of sweet in a way we rarely see on the show.

king RM

It was TOTALLY sweet....I love when a guy gets mushy about becoming a Daddy...does this mean when the time finally comes for Brennan to thaw out Booth's stuff for her baby that we won't get a mushy scene since they've already done a scene like that?

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:26 am

crzy4bones wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM

It was TOTALLY sweet....I love when a guy gets mushy about becoming a Daddy...does this mean when the time finally comes for Brennan to thaw out Booth's stuff for her baby that we won't get a mushy scene since they've already done a scene like that?
Nah, we'll get that scene eventually. Though we're more likely to see a Booth/Brennan blow-out first. I mean Brennan using Booth's juice to get preggers when he'd be more than happy make a direct deposit? Yeah, he won't be happy about that.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:32 am

I liked at the end when he said, "I hope he runs cause I'll bounce on him like a flea". After telling her we would never say that.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:36 am

hahaha oh yeah, that exchange in the car was fantastic.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:57 am

CanadianBones wrote:hahaha oh yeah, that exchange in the car was fantastic.

LOL..."I'm not going to say I'm like a FLEEEEAAA" And then the look she gives him when he uses it later...LOL!

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:22 am

it reminded be of the chicken ep when bones suggested the gov was making mutant worm super soldiers because of their self regenerating ability. Trust Bones to use the comparison with the most nonthreatening effect.

Aww I'm watching the Ange/Jack scene right now...[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:46 am

Matthie wrote:I do not think Booth has shown the photo of Hannah to hurt Bones. He has Bones showed the photo to show her that he has done what he thinks, what she wants.

Booth has always done everything to give to Brennan that he thinks she wants. It's always been like that, not only that he initially agreed to be the father of the child from Bones. All this he did out of love for her. As a favor for a partner it would be a bit too much. I have no doubt in his love for Bones.

In the 100th Bones has rejected him. IMO the result is that he thinks that she will not have a relationship with him, either now or in the future. He thinks everything what Bones wants is to work with him. At the end of the 5th Season Bones would not even work with him anymore. He has apparently also assumed that he was the only one in the seven months Bones had no contact. All encouraged him in his belief that they have never had a relationship.

IMO, Booth showed Bones the photo of Hannah to tell her, "Look, I've done what you wanted, I'm move on. Can we work together again? That is also everything that he asks, can we work together again, Are we a team? Are we back? He does not ask how in the 100th Do you regret your decision?

From what I understand, Booth shows off the picture like a trophy he has won.. Trophies goto the winner. He doesn't say, "hey, I met this amazing girl." He waits to see if Brennan has met anyone - then, once he's established that she has, he pulls out the Raghag, thus making Brennan the "loser."

Brennan never asked Booth to move on - that was his decision in response to her freak-out, "I'm not good enough for you, I can't change speech" last season. Thus, I can't really see how it's possible to construe Booth's actions in the premiere as having any other intention than - "FU - I've moved on to a hottie and I'm happy! Dammit, I. AM. HAPPY!" Rolling Eyes

It does though, leave something unanswered.
If Booth actually BELIEVED what Brennan said last season, and BELIEVED she would never be willing to be in a relationship, and that she DIDN'T want him - why make such a big deal out of this reporter barbie chick? Showing off his love life has NEVER been his style, so why now? The only thing that comes to mind is that he DOESN'T believe her. He thinks this will get to her, his moving on. Which would mean that he IS deliberately trying to hurt her. Real mature of him. (well, of the writers.) Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:00 pm

joybrennan wrote:
Matthie wrote:I do not think Booth has shown the photo of Hannah to hurt Bones. He has Bones showed the photo to show her that he has done what he thinks, what she wants.

From what I understand, Booth shows off the picture like a trophy he has won.. Trophies goto the winner. He doesn't say, "hey, I met this amazing girl." He waits to see if Brennan has met anyone - then, once he's established that she has, he pulls out the Raghag, thus making Brennan the "loser."

Brennan never asked Booth to move on - that was his decision in response to her freak-out, "I'm not good enough for you, I can't change speech" last season. Thus, I can't really see how it's possible to construe Booth's actions in the premiere as having any other intention than - "FU - I've moved on to a hottie and I'm happy! Dammit, I. AM. HAPPY!" Rolling Eyes

If Booth actually BELIEVED what Brennan said last season, and BELIEVED she would never be willing to be in a relationship, and that she DIDN'T want him - why make such a big deal out of this reporter barbie chick? Showing off his love life has NEVER been his style, so why now? The only thing that comes to mind is that he DOESN'T believe her. He thinks this will get to her, his moving on. Which would mean that he IS deliberately trying to hurt her. Real mature of him. (well, of the writers.) Rolling Eyes
Now the sad thing is, I can totally see him doing that, but not necessarily because he doesn't believe her, I think he does, but I still think he's trying to hurt her. And yes, it's juvenile of him and a really shitty thing to do, but I think Booth was hurt much, much more than he let on - and why wouldn't he be?

I mean, here's a guy who's been in love with this woman for six years and he's thinking to himself, "Okay, the first time I made a play for her was no good because it was too much too soon, and I know now you can't rush her, but this is different. We've been friends and partners for five years, we trust each other with everything, we've had a surrogate relationship for the last two years, how can she say no?" Then she says no again. So yeah, he's angry and bitter and then she has the gall to ask him to stay friends and work with her every day like nothing happened between them and he's so love struck he STILL says yes when any other man would have walked. Finally, just when things look like they're going to go back to normal she pulls the rug out from under him by announcing she's leaving him for a year, and now we know she never had any inclination of calling him in that year, and what's he supposed to think?

He's had his heart broken, twice, his ego ground under foot, he's swallowed his pride and stayed, for her, and her response is to say "Sorry but I gotta do this for me"? What the hell?! So yeah, he comes back seven months later, seven months with NO CONTACT from the one woman he's loved for six years, and he can't wait to twist the knife a little. Again, juvenile? Yes. Shitty? Sure. Understandable? Absolutely. Hell, I'd have had some nudes of Hannah there and showed one or two "by mistake". Man, I know this is gonna be a tough sell for this audience but men actually do have feelings and when women treat us like shit we tend to return the favor, and for all the criticisms that can be leveled against Booth for the ham-fisted way he handled himself with Brennan during the 100th, she treated him like something she'd scrape off her shoe.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:41 pm

THX1138 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

Now the sad thing is, I can totally see him doing that, but not necessarily because he doesn't believe her, I think he does, but I still think he's trying to hurt her. And yes, it's juvenile of him and a really shitty thing to do, but I think Booth was hurt much, much more than he let on - and why wouldn't he be?

I mean, here's a guy who's been in love with this woman for six years and he's thinking to himself, "Okay, the first time I made a play for her was no good because it was too much too soon, and I know now you can't rush her, but this is different. We've been friends and partners for five years, we trust each other with everything, we've had a surrogate relationship for the last two years, how can she say no?" Then she says no again. So yeah, he's angry and bitter and then she has the gall to ask him to stay friends and work with her every day like nothing happened between them and he's so love struck he STILL says yes when any other man would have walked. Finally, just when things look like they're going to go back to normal she pulls the rug out from under him by announcing she's leaving him for a year, and now we know she never had any inclination of calling him in that year, and what's he supposed to think?

He's had his heart broken, twice, his ego ground under foot, he's swallowed his pride and stayed, for her, and her response is to say "Sorry but I gotta do this for me"? What the hell?! So yeah, he comes back seven months later, seven months with NO CONTACT from the one woman he's loved for six years, and he can't wait to twist the knife a little. Again, juvenile? Yes. Shitty? Sure. Understandable? Absolutely. Hell, I'd have had some nudes of Hannah there and showed one or two "by mistake". Man, I know this is gonna be a tough sell for this audience but men actually do have feelings and when women treat us like shit we tend to return the favor, and for all the criticisms that can be leveled against Booth for the ham-fisted way he handled himself with Brennan during the 100th, she treated him like something she'd scrape off her shoe.

king RM

I agree with what the King said.......... I'd say word for word.

Last edited by THX1138 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Tag)

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm with the King...yeah, it's probably not the nicest way...and not real Boothy...but TOTALLY understandable. He's very hurt...and I don't think he's purposely trying to hurt her, but I don't think he's going to try to hide his feelings for Hannah from her to protect her.

And really..it wasn't that bad. I'd say joybrennan, that it's probably not fair to judge it just by what other people have said...but then I realize that there were already preconceived notions for the episode so watching the episode wouldn't have changed our opinion of it. He showed the picture, said he arrested her, said it was serious as a heartattack, and that was the end of the Hannah discussion with her. Her going on and on back in PitP about Hacker and sex codes was longer and probably way more hurtful then what Booth did on the steps.

The man has spent 6 years being her doormat, being called stupid many many times, pining after her, watching her sleep with his FBI friend, random men, AND date his boss' boss after he asked her not to. Any normal man would have either quit along time ago or snapped. And her bailing on him to go to Maluku was just the final straw. No, she didn't tell him to move on, that was his idea, but she didn't even attempt to stop him....she gave him NO hope that it would ever be anything other than WORK partners.

Hey..if she can discuss whether coffee with Hacker is a code for sex with him...he can show her a picture of his new hot blonde squeeze. After all...they are just friends and that's what friends do.

I don't remember what thread I said it in...but I said it's like Booth and Brennan have switched places emotionally.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:02 pm

crzy4bones wrote:I'm with the King...yeah, it's probably not the nicest way...and not real Boothy...but TOTALLY understandable. He's very hurt...and I don't think he's purposely trying to hurt her, but I don't think he's going to try to hide his feelings for Hannah from her to protect her.

And really..it wasn't that bad. I'd say joybrennan, that it's probably not fair to judge it just by what other people have said...but then I realize that there were already preconceived notions for the episode so watching the episode wouldn't have changed our opinion of it. He showed the picture, said he arrested her, said it was serious as a heartattack, and that was the end of the Hannah discussion with her. Her going on and on back in PitP about Hacker and sex codes was longer and probably way more hurtful then what Booth did on the steps.

The man has spent 6 years being her doormat, being called stupid many many times, pining after her, watching her sleep with his FBI friend, random men, AND date his boss' boss after he asked her not to. Any normal man would have either quit along time ago or snapped. And her bailing on him to go to Maluku was just the final straw. No, she didn't tell him to move on, that was his idea, but she didn't even attempt to stop him....she gave him NO hope that it would ever be anything other than WORK partners.

Hey..if she can discuss whether coffee with Hacker is a code for sex with him...he can show her a picture of his new hot blonde squeeze. After all...they are just friends and that's what friends do.

I don't remember what thread I said it in...but I said it's like Booth and Brennan have switched places emotionally.

Some of this is one of those circular arguments that have gone on all summer, so I'm not taking it on again. My question is this: Does Booth think she cares about this, or doesn't he? See, because when Brennan had that discussions about codes with Booth, she was trying to find out because she DIDN'T want to have sex with him, and didn't want to give him the wrong message - as well as let BOOTH know she wasn't interested in Hacker that way. She wasn't trying to flaunt some new hot relationship. I don't think the two situations compare. Evil or Very Mad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by royaldinerlurker Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:10 pm

For my part, I think Booth genuinely thinks that Bones does not care for him that way so he wants to show her that he has moved on - for the sake of their friendship and their partnership. Because we know Bones does care, we see her hurt. I don't think he is intentionally rubbing her face in it.

royaldinerlurker

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by adbyadby Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:35 pm

joybrennan wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:I'm with the King...yeah, it's probably not the nicest way...and not real Boothy...but TOTALLY understandable. He's very hurt...and I don't think he's purposely trying to hurt her, but I don't think he's going to try to hide his feelings for Hannah from her to protect her.

Some of this is one of those circular arguments that have gone on all summer, so I'm not taking it on again. My question is this: Does Booth think she cares about this, or doesn't he? See, because when Brennan had that discussions about codes with Booth, she was trying to find out because she DIDN'T want to have sex with him, and didn't want to give him the wrong message - as well as let BOOTH know she wasn't interested in Hacker that way. She wasn't trying to flaunt some new hot relationship. I don't think the two situations compare. Evil or Very Mad

100% agree Joy i am so sick if Booth lovers and yes you know who you are just having a go at Brennan for no reason and please dont start saying i am a Booth hater because i am not if you read my review you would see that im in this for the both of them B AND B, and sorry did we forget that Booth mmmm might have slept with Brennans Boss but some how this is ok and hang of there was Tesser and want there was Rebecca, but wait theres more here comes Hanna FFS they BOTH not just Booth not just Brennan can sleep with who they like and they have so please dont give me this crap about Brennan sleeping with other men while Booth was all alone and been walked over.

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:25 pm

I don't think it was that bad either. I think the first scene with Brennan he wanted to tell her right away and found a way. The longer you wait the harder it is.

With Caroline he was being "a guy" and saving face. Caroline's tough and he was reconnecting with her.

I think his reaction makes perfect sense. I think he was more hurt that she wanted to break up the partnership than she turned him down romantically (which Ithought he handled unbelievably well). I'm sure the two together made him crash.

In this episode she STILL reveals she wants to go back even though they found nothing. She's staying because everyone thinks it was selfish for her to leave. He says he's staying for his kid. Neither one has established that they are there to see each other. No matter what's going on in their heads or their incongruent glances that's the reality.

I think the relationship is competely starting over. Fist they need to rebuild the partnership. I agree they've switched places.

Last edited by lancelot on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by adbyadby Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:33 pm

lancelot wrote: than she turned him down romantically. I'm sure the two together made him crash.

Why i almost agree with you we have to remember that she didnt turn him down, yes she did say no but if we listen she said no Booth i am not good enough for you, i cant change, not no Booth i dont want you im not in love with you, i think we really need to remember this Very Happy

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:44 pm

You're right the phrase turned him down doesn't exactly work. I agree.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by royaldinerlurker Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 pm

I know that's what we saw but I am not sure that's what he got from it. He's never been very good at seeing Brennan's emotions when they relate to him.

royaldinerlurker

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by adbyadby Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:50 pm

royaldinerlurker wrote:I know that's what we saw but I am not sure that's what he got from it. He's never been very good at seeing Brennan's emotions when they relate to him.

ok ok i will give you that he doesnt seem to be sometimes but you have to agree that he should know her well enough and the fact that she basically said i am not good enough for you and he said i know and i have to move on

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Ah, While I'll agree she didn't curtly turn him down, I don't think she said, "I'm not good enough"...and I don't think he agreed that she's not good enough. She said "I don't have an open heart like you". That in Brennan's mind is not a value judgement, it's a fact. Brennan doesn't place value on that, we do. What she was saying is..."I will hurt you". I think she was being compassionate. I think she is still struggling with whether or not it's logical to "be in love".

I think those types of scene are typical between men and women when it's the man with this point of view but here it is the women. We're assuming she didn't really mean what she said - she meant something else. But I think she meant exactly what she said.

Now here's the yucky part. After he says Ok we can still be partners she goes on to hurt him by saying she doesn't think she can do that anymore and needs a LONG break. So, she does what she was warning him she'd do. She hurts him.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next