Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Case for Hannah

+11
bones20
RubyRuby
THX1138
Lorna Doone
gordongordonfan
joybrennan
bonesfan158
jro54
MI_Bonesgirl
nclabrat
elyon
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Case for Hannah - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case for Hannah

Post by elyon Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:03 am

It's still very old. From the promos she's still stuck in the schizoid rut of 'I don't know what that means.' I would so like them to go back to the Brennan of the pilot episode with all of those quick, sharp characteristics that the writers have buried in trying to get laughs with her cluelessness and spoonerisms. They let her give that touching toast about love to Booth, Jared and Padme and then in the promos have her burbling on again to Booth about how love is simply a chemical reaction. So exasperating for us and probably for ED.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:12 am

I'm not nearly as mad as how the portrayed Brennan's character as I am about how they portrayed Booth's character in the 100th. Here is this sexy, hot FBI guy in seasons 1-4...and then turn him to love, sick puppy. He great ability of reading people which made him very good at his job...and then when Brennan gives him a little sob story about how she can't change, he believes her and just gives up. I was so pissed that TPTB just totallt f**k up his character and I still am. I'm not bashing Booth's character by any means, it's just how writers don't believe in character consistancy anymore.

You guys can think what you want, but I truly believe that this is Brennan's year. She will still be a little cloudy about her feelings at first, but this season will be all about her opening up and coming to terms with her feelings...bedcause IDK, in like every article that I've read, HH, SN and ED have all confirmed that Brennan will regret her decesion and come to terms with her feelings.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:36 am

I agree with the portrayal of brennan. What I don't know....is who to blame for it. I guess it's like...the chicken or the egg thing. But, are they fundamentally writing brennan differently? Or, has Emily just changed the way she has been portraying Brennan? Is she interpreting the character differently? It's probably both to be honest. But, I'm hesitant to blame either one because it's not just the writer or the actors....it's pretty mixed when you get into the craft of acting and writing.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:29 am

tinkrella wrote:I agree with the portrayal of brennan. What I don't know....is who to blame for it. I guess it's like...the chicken or the egg thing. But, are they fundamentally writing brennan differently? Or, has Emily just changed the way she has been portraying Brennan? Is she interpreting the character differently? It's probably both to be honest. But, I'm hesitant to blame either one because it's not just the writer or the actors....it's pretty mixed when you get into the craft of acting and writing.
I'd go with the writing/directing, because Emily was consistent as hell for the first three seasons and you don't see the kind of schizophrenic acting that we saw in S4 unless either the writers or the directors or both are pushing the actress in that direction.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:47 am

elyon wrote:It's still very old. From the promos she's still stuck in the schizoid rut of 'I don't know what that means.' I would so like them to go back to the Brennan of the pilot episode with all of those quick, sharp characteristics that the writers have buried in trying to get laughs with her cluelessness and spoonerisms. They let her give that touching toast about love to Booth, Jared and Padme and then in the promos have her burbling on again to Booth about how love is simply a chemical reaction. So exasperating for us and probably for ED.

OMG! REALLY!? I didn't see that one. ....Good thing I didn't. Rolling Eyes Poor ED!
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:13 am

I'm going with writing/directing as well.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:41 am

joybrennan wrote:
elyon wrote:It's still very old. From the promos she's still stuck in the schizoid rut of 'I don't know what that means.' I would so like them to go back to the Brennan of the pilot episode with all of those quick, sharp characteristics that the writers have buried in trying to get laughs with her cluelessness and spoonerisms. They let her give that touching toast about love to Booth, Jared and Padme and then in the promos have her burbling on again to Booth about how love is simply a chemical reaction. So exasperating for us and probably for ED.

OMG! REALLY!? I didn't see that one. ....Good thing I didn't. Rolling Eyes Poor ED!

Check out the B roll on the Bones Blog site or on the New Interviews 9/17 thread. B&B are at the FF and she's back to giving him the same old love is only chemistry crap that she finally left off doing in season 5.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:54 am

^Okay, HH, SN and ED have all confirmed in like every single freakin' article that I read that "Brennan will regret her decesion and realize her feelings for Booth. She maybe a little couldy at first, but I assume she will...because I have no idea why they would lie about that. Emily's always very honest. " Who knows? Maybe she's just saying that because she doesn't really want to believe that Booth's really in love another woman...because she does look really hurt in that scene when Booth tells her about Hannah. Let's just wait to pass judgment until we see the episode.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:09 am

Can we PLEASE wait to pass judgement until we actually see the episode??!! It's kind of ridiculous to go on and on about how stupid HH's writing is and how this season is so going to suck. I understand the frustration and the people who don't like the direction of where the show is going are just as passionate as those who love where the show is going, but honestly, how do we really know how this season is going to be when we haven't seen the first episode yet?! You can't know based on one stupid clip.

...and it also doesn't mean that Brennan is completely clueless about her feelings. I have a feeling that this is the season where Brennan comes to terms with her feelings, just like how Booth came to terms with feelings last year Rolling Eyes...and maybe because the big boys and Em have repeatedly said this.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:58 pm

I really would like to see Brennan's admittance of love for Booth, it doesn't matter to who but this is what I would really like to see this season.

Then there's something else; Hannah Burley, her name also begins with a B. I don't think this is coincidence, so I figure Booth is just trying to replace Brennan with Hannah. But I'm positive he will soon find out that it doesn't work that way.
Also, Booth is telling Sweets that he has to move on just like Sweets told him to do that. But now Sweets is going to face a hard time himself with moving on. Conclusion: this advice wasn't the best advice he gave to Booth and maybe he wants to admit that to Booth.

One other thing; I have the feeling that the cases they go in to now are very much referring to their own personal lives.

kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:50 pm

I don't think this is just going to be a season of Brennan figuring out her feelings. I think Booth needs to figure out his feelings too... seeing as he is the one who has "moved on". Brennan needs to admit to herself that she is not only in love with Booth (because I think she has, on some level, known she loves him for some time) but that pursuing a relationship with him is worth the risk. Booth needs to realise there isn't anyone else for him other than Brennan and that he is indeed in love with her.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Ink Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:34 am

jro54 wrote:Can we PLEASE wait to pass judgement until we actually see the episode??!! It's kind of ridiculous to go on and on about how stupid HH's writing is and how this season is so going to suck. I understand the frustration and the people who don't like the direction of where the show is going are just as passionate as those who love where the show is going, but honestly, how do we really know how this season is going to be when we haven't seen the first episode yet?! You can't know based on one stupid clip.

Thank you! Sometimes I'm shocked by how quick people decide their feelings on an episode (or a whole season, my God!) on a few clips. I'm like Brennan in that I don't judge until I have all the facts. We all should remember that promos and clips can give us a very screwed up version of an episode. Remember the Purple Pieces promo where we were all convinced she was going after Wendell?

Blue_Ink
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2