Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

+18
RubyRuby
tinkrella
gordongordonfan
elyon
the beaver1965
crzy4bones
bailey
mereva
TinkonBrink
MI_Bonesgirl
bones fan 99
jro54
Lo
mommahurley
Cordelia
Pat
joybrennan
bugaboo628
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why Is It Important To Like Hannah? Empty Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by bugaboo628 Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:12 pm

From The Lab, I thought I would post the thread here. It is an interesting question.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Why Is It Important To Like Hannah? Empty Re: Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:35 pm

bugaboo628 wrote:From The Lab, I thought I would post the thread here. It is an interesting question.

If I read this tonight I might very well throw my computer. WHY IS IT IMPORTANT!!!

BECAUSE HH DOESN'T WANT HIS RATINGS TO TANK AND HAVE TO EAT HUMBLE PIE OVER HIS F**KING ARROGANCE!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] (I'm having that kind of night.)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Why Is It Important To Like Hannah? Empty Re: Why Is It Important To Like Hannah?

Post by Pat Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:44 pm

joybrennan: I am totally in sync with your rant. It is insulting for HH to think we have spent five years building affection/empathy for Brennan and we are really going to LIKE the person with whom Booth is sleeping instead of her.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordelia Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:55 pm

Hannah is obviously a plot point, plain and simple. It is annoyingly predictable that they will get serious, and then end at the height of their seriousness as plot point SO's always do. I'd rather them end simply because she is not Brennan then because their is actually something wrong with her. Since she is so lovable, this is the most likely explanation.
Cordelia
Cordelia
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:25 pm

Here's a thought...maybe they are saying we should like her..because after Booth sabbotages the relationship...she realizes that Booth is in love with Brennan, and Raghag, turns into the biggest shipper of them all. she could even end up with someone like Wendell who's so in need of a new gal...and maybe she ends up being a nice person... I even have had the thought that Cam may be departing the show at the end of the season... I don't know why I got that little niggling feeling, except that when Tamara is interviewed, she can never come up with anything that her character is doing this year...she says "I'm the reason they all come back together." then she can't think of anything and changes the subject...maybe they just haven't told her anything, or maybe she's just becoming background. That's sad cause she's really funny. I don't know anything...I'm just throwing ideas out there ..... Somebody is going to die at the end of the season, and it seems like shows have been doing this with shocking the audience with departures that we don't expect. Who knows?

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:34 pm

mommahurley wrote:Here's a thought...maybe they are saying we should like her..because after Booth sabbotages the relationship...she realizes that Booth is in love with Brennan, and Raghag, turns into the biggest shipper of them all. she could even end up with someone like Wendell who's so in need of a new gal...and maybe she ends up being a nice person... I even have had the thought that Cam may be departing the show at the end of the season... I don't know why I got that little niggling feeling, except that when Tamara is interviewed, she can never come up with anything that her character is doing this year...she says "I'm the reason they all come back together." then she can't think of anything and changes the subject...maybe they just haven't told her anything, or maybe she's just becoming background. That's sad cause she's really funny. I don't know anything...I'm just throwing ideas out there ..... Somebody is going to die at the end of the season, and it seems like shows have been doing this with shocking the audience with departures that we don't expect. Who knows?

Be careful - people tried to kill me this summer because I was pretty sure it was Cam being killed off. If you receive any PM death threats let one of the mods know immediately. Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Interesting, I really think they will kill off Wendell to be honest. He has more pull squintern wise and I really feel like it won't be a character who has their name in the beginning credits. But we shall see.

As for liking Hannah, I have nothing against her. I feel like every character should have a chance before I write them off as annoying (etc., etc.). I can't say I have ever hated any character though, I feel they all give something good. I guess as long as she isn't boring I have no reason to hate her.

I'm mostly in agreement with the idea that she will help propel B/B together. How that plays out will be something we have to watch for.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:32 pm

^Yeah, I'm kinda thinking it's Wendall too. Honestly, I don't hate Hannah. I know I have expressed my opinions about this storyline and I still don't like SO storylines, but I really can't blame Hannah. She meets a hot, sweaty, single guy in a warzone. What the hell is she going to do? She doesn't know about B&B's history...so I'm willing to give her a chance, ONLY because she will probably end up bringing B&B closer together (but also part me says that she's only here to keep B&B apart Rolling Eyes) even though I will still probably skip the Booth/Hannah puke moments (because I'm still shipper at I love you)

Last edited by jro54 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:33 pm

joybrennan wrote:
bugaboo628 wrote:From The Lab, I thought I would post the thread here. It is an interesting question.

If I read this tonight I might very well throw my computer. WHY IS IT IMPORTANT!!!

BECAUSE HH DOESN'T WANT HIS RATINGS TO TANK AND HAVE TO EAT HUMBLE PIE OVER HIS F**KING ARROGANCE!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] (I'm having that kind of night.)

OK, I take it back about throwing the computer after reading the thread From The Lab. They are basically saying the various things I've thought of...only more polite. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

I calm down now - see?

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Cordelia wrote: Hannah is obviously a plot point, plain and simple. It is annoyingly predictable that they will get serious, and then end at the height of their seriousness as plot point SO's always do. I'd rather them end simply because she is not Brennan then because their is actually something wrong with her. Since she is so lovable, this is the most likely explanation.

Thats what I'm thinking
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:49 pm

I can't bring myself to like Hannah. I just can't. To me she's a tool. A cheap plot point for Hart to continue to drag out this storyine and prevent the inevitable. I have no problem with the actress, and at leas she's been warned that she will be hated.
I just have this really horrible feeling that Hannah will be around all season and there will either be an engagement or a pregnancy scare for Booth/Hannah. Now before you all attack me-I said engagement. Not wedding. Engagements can be broken. Maybe that will be the catalyst for Booth to torpedo his relationship Rolling Eyes

In the meantime I think I will catch up on House. At least David Shore has the balls to put his couple together.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:08 pm

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I can't bring myself to like Hannah. I just can't. To me she's a tool. A cheap plot point for Hart to continue to drag out this storyine and prevent the inevitable. I have no problem with the actress, and at leas she's been warned that she will be hated.
I just have this really horrible feeling that Hannah will be around all season and there will either be an engagement or a pregnancy scare for Booth/Hannah. Now before you all attack me-I said engagement. Not wedding. Engagements can be broken. Maybe that will be the catalyst for Booth to torpedo his relationship Rolling Eyes

In the meantime I think I will catch up on House. At least David Shore has the balls to put his couple together.
I am looking forward to that premier. Clearly, with a character like h
House, this will not be a simple cut and dry relationship. Of course, with a character like Brennan the same could be said...but HH doesn't kknow what that means. Twisted Evil
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:29 pm

joybrennan wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I can't bring myself to like Hannah. I just can't. To me she's a tool. A cheap plot point for Hart to continue to drag out this storyine and prevent the inevitable. I have no problem with the actress, and at leas she's been warned that she will be hated.

House, this will not be a simple cut and dry relationship. Of course, with a character like Brennan the same could be said...but HH doesn't kknow what that means. Twisted Evil

I'm gonna ask Hart on Twitter if he is going to watch the House premier. And tell him to take notes Twisted Evil
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:34 pm

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

I'm gonna ask Hart on Twitter if he is going to watch the House premier. And tell him to take notes Twisted Evil

Yikes! Don't - last year was SO hell. I just don't watch House for Huddy.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:57 pm

No-he needs to take notes on THIS season of House. Not last season Very Happy. Of course it seems he is following the lead-WE are in SO hell now.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:20 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:No-he needs to take notes on THIS season of House. Not last season Very Happy. Of course it seems he is following the lead-WE are in SO hell now.

Which is why he's an idiot (in this instance) Bones doesn't have the same structure as House to sustain an SO. House has 5-8 stories going on at the same time. Bones? Shocked
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:25 am

Err...I don't know?
Why is it important to like Hannah?
What?
Wait...there's no punch line to this joke? scratch

Here...Try this:
Tink: Knock Knock.
ABY Peeps: Who's there?
Tink: Hannah. Mad
ABY Peeps: Hannah who?
Tink: Hann...son's havin' a laff if he thinks we're gonna love her!
(I'm telling you now, she could get B&B together...become certified to marry people...marry B&B...Single-handedly deliver Baby Hodgela...prove Zach's innocence and free him from the loony bin...and I'll still be like, "Meh...that Barbie one's alright...I suppose!) Laughing

TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:53 am

TinkonBrink wrote:I'm telling you now, she could get B&B together...become certified to marry people...marry B&B...Single-handedly deliver Baby Hodgela...prove Zach's innocence and free him from the loony bin...and I'll still be like, "Meh...that Barbie one's alright...I suppose! Laughing

THIS.

I am a BB fan, meaning Booth AND Brennan together. How could I ever like a lover of one of them?! He or she is always a fifth wheel, an obstacle, a damage. So I can't like Hannah. Never ever. No. Way. Out of the question.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:47 am

I don't think it's important for us to like her and clearly most of us aren't going to.

I do think it's important for her to be likeable. As in if this character wasn't dating Booth, we'd like her. As someone else said for this to work Hannah has to be a good fit for Booth. She has to have everything he wants and needs in a mate. That way when it fails he and Brennan and the audience are left with "he couldn't make if work because she's just not Bones." If she's an unlikeable bitch then to me the whole thing is pointless (which I realize a lot of you think anyway.).
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:52 am

bailey wrote:I don't think it's important for us to like her and clearly most of us aren't going to.

I do think it's important for her to be likeable. As in if this character wasn't dating Booth, we'd like her. As someone else said for this to work Hannah has to be a good fit for Booth. She has to have everything he wants and needs in a mate. That way when it fails he and Brennan and the audience are left with "he couldn't make if work because she's just not Bones." If she's an unlikeable bitch then to me the whole thing is pointless (which I realize a lot of you think anyway.).

I agree.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:04 am

jro54 wrote:
bailey wrote:I don't think it's important for us to like her and clearly most of us aren't going to.

I agree.

Well, sure, she can be nice, but that's not what HH and Co. are pushing. They are pushing that fans will LIKE her, accept her, want her as part of the family. Raghag written to be a likeable person? Acceptable. Wishing the actress got a once in a lifetime movie deal and bought out her contract with Bones so the Raghag thing would abruptly end? Priceless. Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:26 am

You stated it perfectly Bailey. Even though Tessa didn't stick around long, really, the only thing unlikeable about her was that she was with Booth. She seemed perfectly nice otherwise. Rebecca...not so much because she was unlikeable at first because she used Parker against Booth. Cam...we've seen how she's turned out...and people didn't like her at first because they thought she was competition for Brennan....

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:12 am

The big difference between Rebecca/Tessa/Cam is that was back in S1-2. Back before Booth became the "perfect" man. Before there were any "real" feelings between B&B. Sure the sexual tension was always there, but they were no where near relationship status with each other.
Now we are going into S6, and the writers have written these characters to be together. They opened the door then slammed it shut. Yet, they still want us to believe in this great love story between B&B. Character continuity went out the window in the last 2 minutes of the 100th, so I guess anything is possible. Brennan will happily sit on the sidelines while Booth rubs it in that he is in love with Hannah. Rolling Eyes
I don't hate Kathryn Winnick, I don't like Hannah, I HATE this storyline. I think that pretty much sums it up for most people.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:16 am

crzy4bones wrote:

You stated it perfectly Bailey. Even though Tessa didn't stick around long, really, the only thing unlikeable about her was that she was with Booth. She seemed perfectly nice otherwise. Rebecca...not so much because she was unlikeable at first because she used Parker against
Booth. Cam...we've seen how she's turned out...and people didn't like her at first because they thought she was competition for Brennan....

Actually, I didn't hate Cam - it was season 2. And honestly, if the scene at the 100th hadn't happened AT ALL, as in all this stuff was still smoldering but unspoken, I probably could tolerate Raghag. I would be ANNOYED, because it's season SIX, but I'd be watching. This is why I said HH's comment about not being good at linear thinking made sense. It also could explain some final issues that he's had....
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:35 am

What puzzles me is how are we going to like Hannah? Why is it important? confused HH&Co. keep pushing that we are going to like her accept and they make it seem like she's going to be a new regular character. No I understand if they try to make her likeable (if she is somehow a catalyst that brings B&B together Rolling Eyes) but I don't it's important to like Hannah or not. I think it's a safe assumption to conclude that Hannah won't last forever (as Booth's girlfriend)...because B&B are just going to end up together anyways...
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next