Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

+21
joybrennan
dreamerktm411
MI_Bonesgirl
SnoopGirl
mommahurley
bones fan 99
SocksNTies
RubyRuby
Evil Monkey
Manjachka
anthropologystudent
katharine
crzy4bones
bailey
DoctorB
jro54
Lo
treble21
tinkrella
elyon
25 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll - Page 4 Empty Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by crzy4bones Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:33 am

yeah...it did make Brennan look clueless especially since at the airport she acknowledged that Booth was leaving for a warzone...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll - Page 4 Empty Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by SnoopGirl Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:11 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Wow. This thread is...interesting to say the least. I haven't seen the clips yet, and won't be able to til tomorrow, so I have nothing constructive to add right now. Laughing
You will once you see them Smile

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:48 am

crzy4bones wrote:yeah...it did make Brennan look clueless especially since at the airport she acknowledged that Booth was leaving for a warzone...

I agree I have no idea why HH wrote it that way, it really does make Brennan look dumb, which she is not, she isn't the best with social graces, but what she does know is academic things, and being that she has been exposed to the after effects of many wars ( by way of identifying bodies) it makes absolutely no sense that she would ask "if he was in danger".
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:16 am

Also, it goes against everything in the finale that was pushing Booth to go to Afghanistan to save lives. How does doing admin work factor in? I get it that Booth isn't one to brag about his heroism and Brennan told him not to be a hero so he's downplaying his role there but to dismiss it as admin work makes it sound as if his going there had no real purpose (and you won't get an argument on that from me!).

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:36 am

elyon wrote:Also, it goes against everything in the finale that was pushing Booth to go to Afghanistan to save lives. How does doing admin work factor in? I get it that Booth isn't one to brag about his heroism and Brennan told him not to be a hero so he's downplaying his role there but to dismiss it as admin work makes it sound as if his going there had no real purpose (and you won't get an argument on that from me!).

Could it be an after effect of Brennan rejecting him...that maybe he's not going to be as open as he used to be with her, since she has drawn this other line in the sand that all she wants is a work relationship? Maybe now it's Booth who is putting up the walls and only sharing small bits rather then putting everything out there, like whereas at one time, he shared extremely personal bits of himself...like his Mom's meatloaf story, and now, he's only going back to just the basics...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:52 am

I think that fits with all of the bits in the sides. Every time Brennan jumps into some personal remark, he seems to cut her off. So I think you're right that psychologically he's putting distance between them by not confiding in her anymore. But if all the hints are right, this is going to get harder and harder for him to keep up.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:58 am

crzy4bones wrote:
elyon wrote:Also, it goes against everything in the finale that was pushing Booth to go to Afghanistan to save lives. How does doing admin work factor in? I get it that Booth isn't one to brag about his heroism and Brennan told him not to be a hero so he's downplaying his role there but to dismiss it as admin work makes it sound as if his going there had no real purpose (and you won't get an argument on that from me!).

Could it be an after effect of Brennan rejecting him...that maybe he's not going to be as open as he used to be with her, since she has drawn this other line in the sand that all she wants is a work relationship? Maybe now it's Booth who is putting up the walls and only sharing small bits rather then putting everything out there, like whereas at one time, he shared extremely personal bits of himself...like his Mom's meatloaf story, and now, he's only going back to just the basics...

Mmmmm...I definitely think that Booth might not be as open with her...because she said that she just wanted to be partners (even though be came up with that stupid "I don't sleep with people I work with" barrier first)..and in some of the promos, I can see that she's the one that's being more flirty with him, but he doesn't respond.

...but I also think that one of the major themes this season will be Brennan coming terms with her feelings for Booth and regretting her decesion. I don't think her feelings will be very clear for her at first, but after the "Brennan centric" episode, I think will start to see a change in Brennan and how she approaches Booth. SHE will start to pull away from him, instead of pursuing him because she will see that he is so happy and in love with Hannah, so she'll see that conversing with him outside of work is inappropriate...meanwhile, Booth will start to get clue...and maybe sense that she is pulling away. (I just really want seasons 1-3 Booth to pursue Brennan)

Last edited by jro54 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:06 am

That may not happen given how far down the episode line the Brennan-centric one has gone. If Hannah is around for less than 10 sequential episodes (please, God!) and they have already scripted 7 episodes without the Brennan one then it looks increasingly likely that Brennan's epiphany episode coincides fairly closely with Booth torpedoing his relationship with Hannah. Which could be meaningful if the d***m writers don't come up with yet another stall tactic.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:18 am

This is just me, but it seems like the writers/actors always talk about how Brennan is going to "pine" for Booth in her own way, but he's "fallen in love" with another woman. I don't think she'll be aware of feelings at first, until the "Brennan centric" episode, which we know will be at least episode 8, so Hannah might be around for longer than 10 episodes...but Brennan could start getting realizing before her "solve your own murder episode." We won't really know what happens until we see the episodes...but just from knowing Brennan's character, she will most likley start to pull away from Booth, than pursure him, once she realizes her feelings for him even if Hannah is still around at that time...because she will calculate how could Booth possibly still love her after all the things he has told her about love and relationships and after seeing him with Hannah.

HH did say that Cyndi Lauper is scheduled to appear in episode 8 (which might not be the case anymore given that he's not very good a linear thinking) and would deliever some "crucial news," which would also be the Christmas episode...and possibly the "Brennan centric" episode, so maybe this is all tied in along with the big Booth/Hannah break up. loco
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Monkey Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:50 am

treble21 wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:yeah...it did make Brennan look clueless especially since at the airport she acknowledged that Booth was leaving for a warzone...

I agree I have no idea why HH wrote it that way, it really does make Brennan look dumb, which she is not, she isn't the best with social graces, but what she does know is academic things, and being that she has been exposed to the after effects of many wars ( by way of identifying bodies) it makes absolutely no sense that she would ask "if he was in danger".

"In danger" I think means in this case "Did anyone shoot directly at you or deliberately try to kill you?"
Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:48 am

I loved all of these clips. It was really comforting that I can still enjoy Bones, coming off those horrible last few episodes of season 5
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:52 am

dreamerktm411 wrote:I loved all of these clips. It was really comforting that I can still enjoy Bones, coming off those horrible last few episodes of season 5

last few? of the last 3 episodes I liked 2 of them. The witch in the wardrobe was ok, and The boy with the answers was one of my favorites ever.... unless by few you are talking about the last 8 which yes most of them ( with the exception of the 2 listed and the parts in the sum of the whole) were not good.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:08 am

...and to not be a hero. Rolling Eyes Here's the thing: HH has acknowledged he has problems thinking linearly. This explains the MASS of continuity issues - such as this one. Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:32 am

If you're trying to tell a story in any kind of chronological order, thinking linearly is sort of a requirement. But he certainly has trouble with continuity (examples upon request).

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:42 am

elyon wrote:If you're trying to tell a story in any kind of chronological order, thinking linearly is sort of a requirement. But he certainly has trouble with continuity (examples upon request).

No need for examples, even I HH's most ardent defender, concede this one. Wink
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:54 am

Evil Monkey wrote:
treble21 wrote:

"In danger" I think means in this case "Did anyone shoot directly at you or deliberately try to kill you?"
IN A WAR ZONE? That is still a stupid question. You're in danger from the moment you arrive until you get the hell out. "No Bones, no was shooting at me directly - they were trying to get the guys across the street and the car bomb that went off wasn't meant for our guys." Come on! Supposedly Brennan's character was in a TON of unstable political situations with with rebel fighting going on etc. Mentioned directly in season ONE. She would know better. Maybe HH doesn't. He clearly has NO idea about this war/military/rebel forces. It's BAD writing. Do some frigging research, and try remembering who your characters are! Mad And yeah, for the record I have relatives over there. Haven't mentioned it before. but I am, because this little moment, for Brennan, the world traveled genuis to ask that? It is the THE DUMBEST question anyone could ask someone coming back from a WARZONE. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:27 am

jro54 wrote:
Mmmmm...I definitely think that Booth might not be as open with her...because she said that she just wanted to be partners (even though be came up with that stupid "I don't sleep with people I work with" barrier first)..and in some of the promos, I can see that she's the one that's being more flirty with him, but he doesn't respond.

...but I also think that one of the major themes this season will be Brennan coming terms with her feelings for Booth and regretting her decesion. I don't think her feelings will be very clear for her at first, but after the "Brennan centric" episode, I think will start to see a change in Brennan and how she approaches Booth. SHE will start to pull away from him, instead of pursuing him because she will see that he is so happy and in love with Hannah, so she'll see that conversing with him outside of work is inappropriate...meanwhile, Booth will start to get clue...and maybe sense that she is pulling away. (I just really want seasons 1-3 Booth to pursue Brennan)

To be fair to Booth (and I know that's an unpopular thing to do around here...LOL), the first time he drew the line (in the 100th flashbacks) he was all about following FBI rules...he wasn't yet the "free thinking road rebel" and the 2nd time he was in serious guilt trip mode, after he used their relationship to pressure Cam into going against protocol and she nearly died. Brennan is aware, thanks to her dating Hacker, that the line Booth drew is not a solid yellow line you can't cross but more like a dotted line...Booth erased the line in the 100th, and she drew it back...

As for Brennan, I see her path differently. I see it as Booth and Brennan almost swapping places, emotionally. As Booth and Brennan re-establish their working relationship, and Booth starts putting up walls, Brennan feels that there is something missing but she's not sure what it is. As she starts to come to grips with her emotions and starts labeling the feelings, she realizes that her "partnership" with Booth, wasn't a typical "partner" relationship...it had a deep friendship component to it. As she supports Booth in his relationship with Hannah, she also tries to pull Booth back to her, not in a romantic pursuit way, but in the near panic way similar to what Booth was doing in the final 2 episodes of last season before Brennan told him she was leaving. And that's where things begin to get complicated in the whole Booth/Hannah/Brennan thing...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:00 am

crzy4bones wrote:
jro54 wrote:

To be fair to Booth (and I know that's an unpopular thing to do around here...LOL), the first time he drew the line (in the 100th flashbacks) he was all about following FBI rules...he wasn't yet the "free thinking road rebel" and the 2nd time he was in serious guilt trip mode, after he used their relationship to pressure Cam into going against protocol and she nearly died. Brennan is aware, thanks to her dating Hacker, that the line Booth drew is not a solid yellow line you can't cross but more like a dotted line...Booth erased the line in the 100th, and she drew it back...

As for Brennan, I see her path differently. I see it as Booth and Brennan almost swapping places, emotionally. As Booth and Brennan re-establish their working relationship, and Booth starts putting up walls, Brennan feels that there is something missing but she's not sure what it is. As she starts to come to grips with her emotions and starts labeling the feelings, she realizes that her "partnership" with Booth, wasn't a typical "partner" relationship...it had a deep friendship component to it. As she supports Booth in his relationship with Hannah, she also tries to pull Booth back to her, not in a romantic pursuit way, but in the near panic way similar to what Booth was doing in the final 2 episodes of last season before Brennan told him she was leaving. And that's where things begin to get complicated in the whole Booth/Hannah/Brennan thing...

I interesting way to put it. I don't agree with it...but I enjoy reading everyone's opinions. It doesn't mean that you are right or wrong, it just means that everyone has their own way of looking at things. I think when Brennan starts to realize her feelings for Booth, I think she'll start to pull away from him emotionally, physically and romantically...and I can kind of see where we might agree. I think she'll try to pull away from him emotionally. He has girlfriend, so she wouldn't want to put a burden on his new relationship-if she really loves him...but she still wants to be his partner, but she'll see that conversing outside of work is innapropriate-no more late night Thai food, no more drinks after case. Strictly work.

...As for Booth, If what TPTB say its true, he will "torpedo" his relationship with the Raghag...because he can't move on from Brennan. Personally, I want to see Booth realize that he can't move on and dump the Raghag. I want him to get his mojo back. I want seasons 1-3 Booth back..and I know you and I don't agree on this, but I would like to see Booth pursue Brennan...because he didn't really do that. He may have loved Brennan and he may of knew she was the ONE, but all he did was sit in a corner and whine about she doesn't love him...and then he just says, "Let's give it a shot." I just want to see seasons 1-3 Booth pursue Brennan like he did when he pursued her as a partner.

Last edited by jro54 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:06 am

Not to change the subject (although I'm pretty sure we've already talked this topic to death Wink) but did anyone else notice what Emily said about the new big bad and someone being killed?

"It might be me, I don't know."

She said something similar at Comic-Con. Ok, come on Emily, you're cute, but we all know you don't really think that. Lol. Smile
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:09 am

crzy4bones wrote:
jro54 wrote:

So - and I'm not agreeing here, just trying to follow the logic. In the beginning, Mr. FBI drew a solid line in the sand, but, by FBI rules it was actually dotted. Wouldn't Mr. FBI have known that?

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:09 am

crzy4bones wrote:
jro54 wrote:

I can't agree with this more (I'm on a roll agreeing with you today LOL) this is exactly where I see it going as well. Also while the romantic in me really wants to see Booth all out pursue Brennan, I really don't think he will ( or should ) go there unless he gets some sort of indication from her that she would be receptive.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:19 am

Well, Brennan sure isn't going do the pursuing at all. Maybe as a work partner, but definitely not romantically. She’s going to see that he’s apparently so happy and in love with Hannah, so she’s not going to think that he’s in love her, that he wants her, but that he clearly wants Hannah…So why would she go after Booth if she thinks that he’s so happy and in love with someone else? If she truly loves him-she wouldn’t want to put a burden on his new relationship. She would want him to be happy, even if he’s with someone else. She’s NOT going to pursue him or even tell him. She’s going to play the “supportive” best friend. I think she will see that conversing outside of work is innapropriate-no more late night Thai food, no more drinks after case...Meanwhile, Booth will "torpedoe" his relationship with Hannah...because he realizes he can't move from Brennan, even though he has no intention of pursuing her.

They BOTH have to come to their own conclusions to get themselves out of this mess. I sort see them at an awkward place after Hannah leaves. They both realize that they love each other, but they won't talk...because they think that the other doesn't want each other (Brennan won't believe that Booth's in love with her after seeing him with Hannah/he still won't believe that she's in love with him)

...but I think Booth could do the pursuing. Brennan might not tell him, but what if Angela or Cam say something? He's floored because she never let him in on it and stayed his friend...so he goes to confront her. Maybe he realizes that Brennan is the ONE and he'll do anything to prove it to her. Who knows, it's TV. They have already screwed up his character so much that anything can happen. It's going to happen in my fanfic anyways...
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:42 am

treble21 wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
jro54 wrote:

I can't agree with this more (I'm on a roll agreeing with you today LOL) this is exactly where I see it going as well. Also while the romantic in me really wants to see Booth all out pursue Brennan, I really don't think he will ( or should ) go there unless he gets some sort of indication from her that she would be receptive.

Like I've said in my previous post, I sort of feel like they have already screwed up his character enough, that anything could happen. I still feel like he totally acted out of character in the 100th. It's fictional TV. Maybe Cam or Angela will say something...and he'll confront her.

Last edited by jro54 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Monkey Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:43 am

joybrennan wrote:
Evil Monkey wrote:
treble21 wrote:

IN A WAR ZONE? That is still a stupid question. You're in danger from the moment you arrive until you get the hell out. "No Bones, no was shooting at me directly - they were trying to get the guys across the street and the car bomb that went off wasn't meant for our guys." Come on! Supposedly Brennan's character was in a TON of unstable political situations with with rebel fighting going on etc. Mentioned directly in season ONE. She would know better. Maybe HH doesn't. He clearly has NO idea about this war/military/rebel forces. It's BAD writing. Do some frigging research, and try remembering who your characters are! Mad And yeah, for the record I have relatives over there. Haven't mentioned it before. but I am, because this little moment, for Brennan, the world traveled genuis to ask that? It is the THE DUMBEST question anyone could ask someone coming back from a WARZONE. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

First of all, calm down.

Secondly, put this in perspective: You don't have to do research to know that Afghanistan is a dangerous place. Everyone knows that. The whole country is a war zone. However, not EVERYONE who goes to Afghanistan is necessarily going to get shot at every day just because it's a war zone (Obama didn't get shot at when he went to visit). There are certain zones that are "secure", and then there are other zones in which there's a lot of fighting going on.

When Brennan asks "were you in any danger?", she's not asking "Were you at risk of being killed?" Obviously, she knows that there was a risk of him getting killed. She's asking if any specific life-threatening incidents happened.

Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:21 pm

treble21 wrote:

Exactly..the romantic in me would love to see him court her, and that might happen...but it's not going to happen until she puts her heart on the line to him. And it has to come directly FROM Brennan. Besides, neither Cam or Angela are the types to go to Booth, on Brennan's behalf. Angela will have conversations with Brennan about Booth, but she would never betray Brennan by running to Booth and telling him. Booth has initiated conversations with Ang about Brennan but she never let anything private out to him and I don't see that changing. And Cam is one of Booth's closest friends. While she knew Booth's feelings, I don't see Brennan confessing to her about it...and if by some chance she did, I also don't see Cam telling Booth. Cam's prett no nonsense...I think after the Rebecca gossip incident, she's pretty mindful of Booth's feelings...

jro54 - 2 things...First thing, I think there are going to be 2 stages of Brennan's discovery...one During Hannan (DH) and one After Hannah (AH). Brennan will try to connect with him on a friend level DH...while she may come to the conclusion that she loves him DH, I don't think she verbalizes it to anyone, like Angela until AH. Second thing...why is it so important to you that it absolutely HAS to be Booth pursuing her? What sense would it make for Booth to put his heart on the line again, without her making the first move?

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next