Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

+21
joybrennan
dreamerktm411
MI_Bonesgirl
SnoopGirl
mommahurley
bones fan 99
SocksNTies
RubyRuby
Evil Monkey
Manjachka
anthropologystudent
katharine
crzy4bones
bailey
DoctorB
jro54
Lo
treble21
tinkrella
elyon
25 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll - Page 3 Empty Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by jro54 Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:58 pm

I apologize for my "yay Brennan" comment. I shouldn't have posted that. I just sort of posted that to give some balance...and then I added that they are both responsible for this mess...and no one is a fault for this. They are both flawed characters and they make mistakes just like humans beings.

I think Brennan has made mistakes, but I don't think she ever did anything to purposely hurt Booth...and just because she didn’t call him doesn’t mean she didn’t forget about him. She didn’t keep in contact with anyone else…and she never kept in contact with Booth on any of her other digs. Why would she keep in contact with him now? All she had was a satellite phone for emegencies, so how could she have even contact him? If what TPTB say is true, she didn't forget about him.

...and that's all I'm going to say.

Last edited by jro54 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll - Page 3 Empty Re: New Interviews 9/17 ~ Episode 1 spoiler clips~ Episode 2 B roll

Post by DoctorB Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:04 pm

I don't think Brennan has ever WANTED to hurt Booth. I think she thought saying no to him would hurt him less than being in a relationship with him and not being able to give him what she thinks he wants/deserves.

But that is getting off topic LOL

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:22 pm

DoctorB wrote:
bailey wrote:
Manjachka wrote:
treble21 wrote:Brennan has NEVER contacted Booth while she was away on digs, why would she start now? it's completely in character for her to not contact anyone. But to be fair to Brennan it's not like she contacted anyone else either.
Hmmm, maybe because he is in war zone? Very dangerous. He can be killed

Yea, he could be killed while he's distracted answering the phone.

LOL! I cringed a bit watching that. Can soldiers really carry around mobile phones; get reception and answer social phone calls immediately after a fire fight? It seemed a bit odd to me confused

Well apparently he's there to train afghani soldiers in police tactics, to catch terrorist, drug runners etc. , so it's not really a "soldier" type atmosphere...but yeah I think it's a little weird too.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Ya know, maybe we should have a thread just for the "Booth vs Brennan" debate...because I feel like every thread always get derailed with this debate.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Also guys? Stop feeding the trolls ( I'm guilty myself) If you see posts that are deliberate baiting, ignore them. please.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:28 pm

jro54 wrote:
DoctorB wrote:You can have your own opinion, sure, but I am getting a bit sick of coming onto a Bones forum to talk about Bones and finding you constantly bashing Brennan's character. There's opinion, and then there is outright flaming. The show is about Brennan. We can disagree with choices her character makes etc but the level at which you criticize her character is getting a bit ridiculous and I honestly can't understand how you can bear to watch the show at all.

I agree. I wonder how can people even watch this show if they hate main character so much? How could they even enjoy this show? This show is all about Brennan. Booth is just the supporting main character. If I just wanted my DB fix or to watch a show that was more based on forensic/science, I would just re-runs of Angel or CSI. I wouldn't even bother with this show.

If the show is all about Brennan, then why is everyone ticked off at Booth for getting a girlfriend after she tells him no and pushes him away and agrees that he should move on? After all..it's all about Brennan so it shouldn't matter who a supporting character is sleeping with since she doesn't want him...right? Maybe Evil Booth sniper guy's target is Booth so you all can just get that pesky FBI guy out of the way...

It still amuses me how if someone says something even remotely less than worshipping Brennan then they are automatically labeled haters but they can say all they want about Booth and it's all hunky dory. I don't hate Brennan, I can't even reallly say that I dislike....she has just done some things that I don't like in regards to Booth and how she treats him.

And I know I was one of the ones early on in the hiatus who said that I didn't think Brennan would keep in touch with Booth because she never had in the past. But everyone was so gung ho that there was going to be all these e-mails and letters and all that....if she didn't check in after BRAIN SURGERY, I didn't imagine she'd keep in touch with him after pushing him away. I just felt bad after watching that clip that Booth thought he was the only one she didn't keep in touch with. After all, he apparently was at least in touch with Cam since he knew she was no longer working at the lab...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:29 pm

jro54 wrote:Ya know, maybe we should have a thread just for the "Booth vs Brennan" debate...because I feel like every thread always get derailed with this debate.
\

I see your point, but it's just going to promote huge arguments ( see the "does Booth deserve Brennan?" thread) Let's just all agree to disagree and Give peace a chance [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:35 pm

treble21 wrote:
jro54 wrote:Ya know, maybe we should have a thread just for the "Booth vs Brennan" debate...because I feel like every thread always get derailed with this debate.
\

I see your point, but it's just going to promote huge arguments ( see the "does Booth deserve Brennan?" thread) Let's just all agree to disagree and Give peace a chance [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Yeah...I didn't think of that before. I think the best way to deal with it is like you wrote in your previous post, Treble. That's why I didn't directly respond to a specific post after I made my "yay Brennan" comment.

Last edited by jro54 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:35 pm

crzy4bones... my comment that the show is about Brennan was said in regards to how someone could still watch the show if they dislike her so much. At the end of the day, she is the central character, and how could anyone watch it if they clearly hate her so much? Like I said, I don't have a problem with people who disagree with choices her character makes, just like I am cranky with things that Booth has done. But I still love both characters otherwise I wouldn't be able to stand watching the show.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:37 pm

crzy4bones wrote:
jro54 wrote:
DoctorB wrote:You can have your own opinion, sure, but I am getting a bit sick of coming onto a Bones forum to talk about Bones and finding you constantly bashing Brennan's character. There's opinion, and then there is outright flaming. The show is about Brennan. We can disagree with choices her character makes etc but the level at which you criticize her character is getting a bit ridiculous and I honestly can't understand how you can bear to watch the show at all.

I agree. I wonder how can people even watch this show if they hate main character so much? How could they even enjoy this show? This show is all about Brennan. Booth is just the supporting main character. If I just wanted my DB fix or to watch a show that was more based on forensic/science, I would just re-runs of Angel or CSI. I wouldn't even bother with this show.

It still amuses me how if someone says something even remotely less than worshipping Brennan then they are automatically labeled haters but they can say all they want about Booth and it's all hunky dory. I don't hate Brennan, I can't even reallly say that I dislike....she has just done some things that I don't like in regards to Booth and how she treats him.

who is disagreeing with this? I think pretty much everyone here will admit that Brennan has done some terrible things. No one is labeling people who disagree with those choices a "hater" ( and those of us that are defending her are FAR from worshipping) ... these posts were directed at a specific poster who has been deliberately misreading what people have been posting all night, in order to cause strife.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:37 pm

crzy4bones wrote:
jro54 wrote:

If the show is all about Brennan, then why is everyone ticked off at Booth for getting a girlfriend after she tells him no and pushes him away and agrees that he should move on? After all..it's all about Brennan so it shouldn't matter who a supporting character is sleeping with since she doesn't want him...right? Maybe Evil Booth sniper guy's target is Booth so you all can just get that pesky FBI guy out of the way...

And I know I was one of the ones early on in the hiatus who said that I didn't think Brennan would keep in touch with Booth because she never had in the past. But everyone was so gung ho that there was going to be all these e-mails and letters and all that....if she didn't check in after BRAIN SURGERY, I didn't imagine she'd keep in touch with him after pushing him away. I just felt bad after watching that clip that Booth thought he was the only one she didn't keep in touch with. After all, he apparently was at least in touch with Cam since he knew she was no longer working at the lab...

I think you will find that it is quite the opposite, and that is all I'm going to say on this matter.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by SocksNTies Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:41 pm

I know this isn't anyone's primary concern, but I hope they don't keep the clip with Daisy stripping. Brennan flips her hair a few times, and then we look back and Daisy is in her undies? That just seems kind of corny and doesn't really fit with the show. Swallowing the engagement ring was enough humor for this scene.

SocksNTies
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:17 pm

katharine wrote:
bailey wrote:The scene on the steps when Booth asks Brennan "didn't you stay in contact with anyone?" and she gives the speech about her phone only being for emergencies, I thought he sounded a little hurt when he says, "Glad to know it wasn't just me." Makes it seem like he went to Afghanistan fully expecting to hear from her but he didn't. Even more reason to justify his moving on ... he thought Brennan didn't even want to talk to him. And you can totally see how hurt Brennan is when he's talking about being "serious" with Hannah.

Bring on the drama Hart, I think I can handle it. Lol.

I was thinking the exact same thing. In HH's interview he states that B&B are not similar but still should be together. He also states that Booth took Brennan's words in the last season to really mean - move on. He's trying it. And I think that he thought he would be in contact with her while away. Maybe he waited, then didn't hear anything and thought - she really meant move on..... So that's what he's doing. But we all know it won't last.
These clips make me more interested to watch this season. I truly think it will be a season to see the changes in Brennan. I think she will embrace things like social culture, emotions and feelings because she feels she has lost Booth. I think she will be doing it without realizing that is what is happening.

I've come to that conclusion too, she was worried about losing him for 5 years, now she has nothing to lose he has Hannah... bring on the evolution!
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Manjachka Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:47 pm

OMFG, again. loco Trust me! Easy! Very easy!
Manjachka
Manjachka
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : Booth/DB team
I love Booth/Hannah
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Manjachka Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:49 pm

bailey wrote:Yea, he could be killed while he's distracted answering the phone.
Are you serious? lol!
Manjachka
Manjachka
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

I love Booth/Hannah

Back to top Go down

Post by Manjachka Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:58 pm

crzy4bones wrote:

WORD! Thank you! So many BS here.
Manjachka
Manjachka
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

I love Booth/Hannah

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Monkey Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Manjachka wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:

WORD! Thank you! So many BS here.

Off topic question here:

What's with your grammar? No offense or anything, but a lot of your posts are difficult to understand.
Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:03 pm

Many people on this forum come from different backgrounds..different education levels..different typing abilities....many speak English as a second language. I know personally I miss a lot of typos because I might be typing on my Iphone, or becuase I'm in the dark and don't read well in low light so I don't realize I've made a typo...Some have predictive text so a small error can turn into a completely different word if you don't see that the computer has changed the word... So offensive. maybe.? We can all try to be a bit more sensitive to others.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:34 am

I have unlocked this Topic as I watched the Clips and feel there are some great spoiler things to discuss from those clips - but let's keep it to the clips [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:39 am

Loved the clips and wonder how Daisy liked her ring, that was priceless. The mother's line was heart wrenching -"Off fighting someone else' war".
I found Booth's cell phone ringing in the middle of the dessert quite odd. AND the fact he has perfect reception with Caroline. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Hodgins will find the time of death - [Only admins are allowed to see this image] OF THE LAB!!!

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:45 am

SnoopGirl wrote:Loved the clips and wonder how Daisy liked her ring, that was priceless. The mother's line was heart wrenching -"Off fighting someone else' war".
I found Booth's cell phone ringing in the middle of the dessert quite odd. AND the fact he has perfect reception with Caroline. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Hodgins will find the time of death - [Only admins are allowed to see this image] OF THE LAB!!!

Was Booth in the middle of the desert? It looked like a town to me.... so that didn't bother me, the fact that he had perfect reception? that bothered me.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:14 am

It was supposed to be an Afghan village and was filmed in Santa Clarita. Afghanistan is in Central Asia and although it is fairly bleak landscape it is mountainous. It isn't technically desert. When I was there many years ago, you could get more reception yelling with a string and a tin can than you could with any kind of phone. And this whole 'training police' spin as something completely different from being in battle looks pretty absurd in the clips with Taliban fighters holding guns on Booth. Administrative work? Really?

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:38 am

Wow. This thread is...interesting to say the least. I haven't seen the clips yet, and won't be able to til tomorrow, so I have nothing constructive to add right now. Laughing
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Monkey Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:10 am

elyon wrote:It was supposed to be an Afghan village and was filmed in Santa Clarita. Afghanistan is in Central Asia and although it is fairly bleak landscape it is mountainous. It isn't technically desert. When I was there many years ago, you could get more reception yelling with a string and a tin can than you could with any kind of phone. And this whole 'training police' spin as something completely different from being in battle looks pretty absurd in the clips with Taliban fighters holding guns on Booth. Administrative work? Really?

There are actually cell phone towers in Afghanistan. How well they work, I have no idea. The Taliban target them, so I guess they can't be totally useless.

Also, that thing about Admin work I think was just something Booth told Brennan so she wouldn't worry.

Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:15 am

Another thing, how is it that a village woman speaks perfect colloquial English? And how is it 'someone else's war' when it's between Afghanis in Afghanistan? Yes, I'm sure the admin thing was a joke but it makes Brennan look soooo clueless.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next