Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ausiello Scoop 9/1

+8
SnoopGirl
RubyRuby
bugaboo628
jro54
MI_Bonesgirl
treble21
crzy4bones
HermioneGirl101
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ausiello Scoop 9/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ausiello Scoop 9/1

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:34 am

I like what Hugh Laurie said with regards to the potential House and Huddy hookup because it is what I want Hart to realize -- A BB relationship will not kill the show if done correctly.

Ausiello ask Laurie the following:

Are you happy they finally took the plunge?
LAURIE: I care less about what happens than how it happens. And if you do it right, it will work. And if we don’t do it right, nothing works. But I think we’ve danced around the idea long enough; it was time to take some action.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:38 am

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:I like what Hugh Laurie said with regards to the potential House and Huddy hookup because it is what I want Hart to realize -- A BB relationship will not kill the show if done correctly.

LAURIE: I care less about what happens than how it happens. And if you do it right, it will work. And if we don’t do it right, nothing works. But I think we’ve danced around the idea long enough; it was time to take some action.

Ummm...this isn't House...and the Huddy relationship isn't the center of the show (like B&B's relationship is of Bones). It's just about House.

Last edited by jro54 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:40 am

jro54 wrote:
recoveringbonesaddict wrote:I like what Hugh Laurie said with regards to the potential House and Huddy hookup because it is what I want Hart to realize -- A BB relationship will not kill the show if done correctly.

Ummm...this isn't House...and the Huddy relationship isn't the center of House like B&B are of Bones. It's just about House.

Agreed, but since this metaphor was brought up.... House waited till the end of season 6 to put their "couple" together....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:47 am

treble21 wrote:
jro54 wrote:

Ummm...this isn't House...and the Huddy relationship isn't the center of House like B&B are of Bones. It's just about House.

Agreed, but since this metaphor was brought up.... House waited till the end of season 6 to put their "couple" together....

Yes, that's true. I just mean that *hides in a corner* Hart is going to have a tougher time putting B&B together because they are the center of the show, which means that he will have to change the whole show if he ever puts B&B together. David Shore on the other hand, could afford to put Huddy together because it simply won't change anything because Huddy isn't the center of House like B&B is the center of Bones.

I'm NOT making excuses for Hart to keep B&B apart, but I can kind of understand the difficulty of putting B&B together at some level. I still think he can do it and have a successful show, if it's done right.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:51 am

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with anything you said jro, I was just pointing out to recoveringbonesaddict, that the B/B fans haven't waited as long as the Huddy fans, that's all. ..... yet anyway.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:33 pm

It is not how long we waited, and I know this isn't House, but what I'm saying is that HH must realize that a BB relationship if done properly can propel the show onward. HH's need to needlessly delay the relationship has only served to alienate the fan base and to weaken the overall quality of the show.

Sometimes in life you have to bite the bullet and take the plunge. Just think about it. If (and I do hate ifs) the 100 had turned out differently with both acknowledging that they love each other, this whole summer the tone of the boards and the mood of the fans would be more upbeat. Many of us would be looking forward to the premiere rather than dread, and instead of wondering how many episodes KW will be in we would be focusing on BB and potential storylines.

Last edited by recoveringbonesaddict on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:35 pm

I completely agree that the show can be written better but honestly being that it's like 20 people that post in this section regularly we can't really judge the "mood of the board"
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:36 pm

SnoopGirl wrote:
so it's not like "I love you" would have made any difference to her...
I totally disagree - I love you from Booth to Brennan would have made all the difference to Brennan. There are a million other things Booth could have said but "I want to give it a shot" is not a good thing to say to say a woman you want to be with. He literally told her he wanted to take a gamble in being with her. Sure getting together is gamble but DO NOT tell her that.

It might not have been the RIGHT thing to tell her...but I don't see how an "I love you" would have changed anything at all....even if he said "I love you and I want to have a relationship with you"..I think she still says "NO..the FBI won't let us work together" because after all she had just told Booth earlier that the she didn't care that Sweets concludes they are in love with each other and then tells Sweets that she respects that it's his opinion and it's his right to get everything wrong.

And the whole thing with the brains scans always confused me because Sweets concludes in S4 BEFORE the coma, that Booth and Brennan are in love and they are both sublimating their feelings, GG points out that 1 of them is struggling daily with those feelings, and at the end of Mayhem, Sweets concludes that it's Booth....so where he gets that it only happened AFTER the coma dream I have no clue...same with Angela and GG...I think it was more like he was in love with Brennan before the coma, but after the coma, he desired that life with her and he had never allowed himself to hope for a life like that with her.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:06 pm

crzy4bones wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:
I totally disagree - I love you from Booth to Brennan would have made all the difference to Brennan. There are a million other things Booth could have said but "I want to give it a shot" is not a good thing to say to say a woman you want to be with. He literally told her he wanted to take a gamble in being with her. Sure getting together is gamble but DO NOT tell her that.

It might not have been the RIGHT thing to tell her...but I don't see how an "I love you" would have changed anything at all....even if he said "I love you and I want to have a relationship with you"..I think she still says "NO..the FBI won't let us work together" because after all she had just told Booth earlier that the she didn't care that Sweets concludes they are in love with each other and then tells Sweets that she respects that it's his opinion and it's his right to get everything wrong.

And the whole thing with the brains scans always confused me because Sweets concludes in S4 BEFORE the coma, that Booth and Brennan are in love and they are both sublimating their feelings, GG points out that 1 of them is struggling daily with those feelings, and at the end of Mayhem, Sweets concludes that it's Booth....so where he gets that it only happened AFTER the coma dream I have no clue...same with Angela and GG...I think it was more like he was in love with Brennan before the coma, but after the coma, he desired that life with her and he had never allowed himself to hope for a life like that with her.

I disagree with you. First of all, Booth made up that barrier of not sleeping with people you work with, NOT Brennan...And she didn't reject Booth in the 100th just because the "we are partners, so they can't sleep together" excuse (that's Booth excuse) Instead, she gave a little sob story of how she can't change and hos she doesn't think she's worthy enough for him. Secondly, we don't know who GG was talking about when said "that one of them is completely aware of that attraction and struggles with it daily"...Booth DIDN'T show any romantic interest at all until he woke up from his coma, so how can we believe that he was possibly IN love with Brennan before his brain tumor?
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:14 pm

jro54 wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:

I disagree with you. First of all, Booth made up that barrier of not sleeping with people you work with, NOT Brennan...And she didn't reject Booth in the 100th just because the "we are partners, so they can't sleep together" excuse (that's Booth excuse) Instead, she gave a little sob story of how she can't change and hos she doesn't think she's worthy enough for him. Secondly, we don't know who GG was talking about when said "that one of them is completely aware of that attraction and struggles with it daily"...Booth DIDN'T show any romantic interest at all until he woke up from his coma, so how can we believe that he was possibly IN love with Brennan before his brain tumor?

After I saw the Mayhem episode I thought for awhile that it was Booth he was talking about. As we went through S5 and especially after the 100th I knew it was Brennan, IMO. We really still don't exactly know. That's also why I think he told Booth hope and patience because he knew that Brennan was in love with him.
They are in love. I could care less about all that whooey that Sweets said about the brain scan. They are just afraid.
I also don't think that if Booth said to her in the 100th - I love you with all my heart, it wouldn't have made a difference. When I watched it I thought he should have said that - now I don't. I think that the remaining 8 or so episodes would not have been long enough to give their relationship a chance to build without making it toooooo rushed. I think it needs to start near the 1/3 mark of the season and work it's way out.
We all know when it happens it's going to be awkward, that's just how their characters will act. We will feel that way too because we are not used to seeing them so lovey dovey ( I mean the kissing, hand holding, and God forbid sex part).
If this season is played out right, which at this moment I'm still not sure, it could set up a very nice union for them.
Booth can finally realize he can't move on, Brennan can realize she can't stand seeing Booth with another woman. She wants that. I can't wait until her episode of her solving her own death. I think that will be the best episode, at least I am hoping. I'm not a twitter person, but I think I would join and send HH many thanks if he justs lets her emotions floooooood out in that one. It won't make her less of a woman, in my mind, it'll make her more. Then she needs to put on some eco-warrior boots and go out and kick some ass and get her man back!!!!! whip
I'd be screaming so loud my neighbors would come check on me..... sunny 2Tup

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:30 pm

I don't think anything Booth said would have made a difference because she still would rejected him because she would rather have him as a friend/partner, than risk their relationship and possibly lose him...but I still think Booth should have tried harder to get her to admit her feelings and she might of (in own way) IDK I just think "Let's give it a shot" is just the wrong thing to say to the person that's supposed to be the love of your life. It's basically saying you want to take a gamble being with that person. Relationships are a gamble, but you shouldn't say that to the person you love. The 100th totally rearranged Booth's character and I'm just sure if he really knew Brennan was the one. Rolling Eyes
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2