Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S6 E2 "The Couple in the Cave" Sides

+44
THX1138
SocksNTies
19ana89
bonesparticulat
Lorna Doone
Kamera
downtownlove99
kat0505
DONEWITHIT
gordongordonfan
Ankuuh
jhi1005
anteater
TinkonBrink
bonedoc
mommahurley
CiscoAg
dawnsfire
boreanazlover82
katharine
jjrobinson73
Beliskner
joybrennan
bugaboo628
andreana22
recoveringbonesaddict
heirofloki
Lo
bailey
jsgemini
dreamerktm411
MoonlightGardenias
sanasus
treble21
BrainySmurf0302
ReginaPhalange
HermioneGirl101
tinge1990
SnoopGirl
tinkrella
MI_Bonesgirl
crzy4bones
Evil Monkey
jro54
48 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

S6 E2 "The Couple in the Cave" Sides - Page 7 Empty Re: S6 E2 "The Couple in the Cave" Sides

Post by DONEWITHIT Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:50 am

joybrennan wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
tinkrella wrote:
kat0505 wrote:I've read the sides and maybe you don't like what i'm gonna say here but I thought it was sort of funny the way Brennan reacted. She's good at hiding her inner emotions but I still think her jealousy will be bursting out. She's already eager to find out everything there is to know about this Hannah person.

So, maybe not in the ways we were dreaming about, i still think it will bring B&B closer together.

I agree. I have no doubt it will bring them closer together "eventually" I'm just not sure what shape the show will be in by then.

Cancellation fodder??
@ MI_Bonesgirl - yep, that's about right. Mad.

I can't believe we're supposed to buy into the idea of this: does nearly getting blow up bring them together - no. Booth having brain surgery, and nearly dying, no. Brennan jealous over some blonde chick reporter - absolutely. scratch My apologies to the teenagers on the forum, but that is the most junior high school thing I've ever heard. Character integrity? Feeling hurt or sad is one thing, jealousy is something else.

Lol Razz Junior High!That's what I am talkinbg about people, loved your post!! So true!!! Wink
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

S6 E2 "The Couple in the Cave" Sides - Page 7 Empty Re: S6 E2 "The Couple in the Cave" Sides

Post by joybrennan Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:02 am

jhi1005 wrote:Reading all of these posts has made me feel a little bit better, because when I saw the Zap2It article on the SO, my stomach dropped. I felt a little silly, b/c, like one poster above said, my reaction was like it was happening to ME, not fictional characters. But I was totally depressed, which has me considering leaving Bones alone for this season until I hear the whole SO thing has wrapped up. I feel like I get enough angst and stomach churning from real life, and I don't know that I want to add anymore right now.

Am I being a total wimp? I don't want to give up my favorite show, but a weekly dose of angst doesn't seem like a good idea.

You are not being a wimp. A wimp is someone who puts up with crap out of fear they can't have better. If you think the storyline is a bunch of angsty, melodramatic, b.s., the courageous thing is to turn the channel, or turn off the tv and read a book, rent a movie, etc. I know I've said this before, but network tv will keep pumping out lowbrow stories so long as they think the audience will watch.

They are doing this because they think if the characters come together people will stop watching. It's an old idea. Basically the reasoning is people are waiting for "that moment" and then interest wanes. The idea has been around way before Moonlighting. Settling for, "oh, they'll get together eventually. I'll just watch and wait," pretty much guarantees that not only Bones, but Network tv in general will continue with that same formula. They take something brilliant and then turn it into a generic setup. It's "safe" and doesn't require having to think past the snow's initial idea.

The characters on Bones really were brilliantly conceived. Now, they act like every "star-crossed" couple that's been on network tv, like ever. Yes, they will get together eventually...but with all the screwed up stuff that's gone on in five's last 8 eps, and where they are taking B&B in six, ask yourself this: will it really feel like the B&B we watched develop in 1-4, and first half of 5? Season 4's finale REALLY pushed it with that reset. In screenwriting, there's a drama theory that says you can ask your audience to accept one random "coincidence" to move a story forward. After that, your story loses credibility. "Bones" had Booth develop a brain tumor out of nowhere - that was their one. In this year's finale - caused by them wanting to change course in the 100th - they lost credibility. What they are opening the season with doesn't help in part because it's the result of a series of unbelievable events to begin with.

So, no, you are NOT a wimp.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:13 am

joybrennan wrote:
jhi1005 wrote:Reading all of these posts has made me feel a little bit better, because when I saw the Zap2It article on the SO, my stomach dropped. I felt a little silly, b/c, like one poster above said, my reaction was like it was happening to ME, not fictional characters. But I was totally depressed, which has me considering leaving Bones alone for this season until I hear the whole SO thing has wrapped up. I feel like I get enough angst and stomach churning from real life, and I don't know that I want to add anymore right now.

Am I being a total wimp? I don't want to give up my favorite show, but a weekly dose of angst doesn't seem like a good idea.

You are not being a wimp. A wimp is someone who puts up with crap out of fear they can't have better. If you think the storyline is a bunch of angsty, melodramatic, b.s., the courageous thing is to turn the channel, or turn off the tv and read a book, rent a movie, etc. I know I've said this before, but network tv will keep pumping out lowbrow stories so long as they think the audience will watch.

They are doing this because they think if the characters come together people will stop watching. It's an old idea. Basically the reasoning is people are waiting for "that moment" and then interest wanes. The idea has been around way before Moonlighting. Settling for, "oh, they'll get together eventually. I'll just watch and wait," pretty much guarantees that not only Bones, but Network tv in general will continue with that same formula. They take something brilliant and then turn it into a generic setup. It's "safe" and doesn't require having to think past the snow's initial idea.

The characters on Bones really were brilliantly conceived. Now, they act like every "star-crossed" couple that's been on network tv, like ever. Yes, they will get together eventually...but with all the screwed up stuff that's gone on in five's last 8 eps, and where they are taking B&B in six, ask yourself this: will it really feel like the B&B we watched develop in 1-4, and first half of 5? Season 4's finale REALLY pushed it with that reset. In screenwriting, there's a drama theory that says you can ask your audience to accept one random "coincidence" to move a story forward. After that, your story loses credibility. "Bones" had Booth develop a brain tumor out of nowhere - that was their one. In this year's finale - caused by them wanting to change course in the 100th - they lost credibility. What they are opening the season with doesn't help in part because it's the result of a series of unbelievable events to begin with.

So, no, you are NOT a wimp.

Yup!I concur vehemently. thumbsup
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Monkey Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:14 am

jhi1005 wrote:
tinkrella wrote:
kat0505 wrote:I've read the sides and maybe you don't like what i'm gonna say here but I thought it was sort of funny the way Brennan reacted. She's good at hiding her inner emotions but I still think her jealousy will be bursting out. She's already eager to find out everything there is to know about this Hannah person.

So, maybe not in the ways we were dreaming about, i still think it will bring B&B closer together.

I agree. I have no doubt it will bring them closer together "eventually" I'm just not sure what shape the show will be in by then.

Agreed-I just worry that eventually will be too little too late for a lot of people (myself possibly included) and that will effect the show moving forward. I really want to be excited about this show the way I was before the 100th-looking forward to Thursday nights rather than dreading what new drama breaks out on my TV.

Also feel a little weird getting this worked up over a TV show Embarassed

If this show's ratings survived the Season 4 Dream-coma-fantasy finale, it can survive anything.
Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:32 am

kat0505 wrote:Who says anyway that this blonde journalist will be the catalyst?

Maybe the appearance of this GF journalist wasn't even necessary. It might be to help speed things up.

Or to slow things down..... ya know?

We could see that Booth going to war and Brennan being separated from him this long time DID make a big difference to her... (and THAT would be the catalyst)... and have Brennan ready to open up, BUT the appearance of this GF halts her in her trackes. (So of course she'll hide). *sigh* I don't know, but at least that whole take on it would make more sense character wise then the GF being the actual thing that makes Brennan realize she loves him all of a sudden after all the crap they've went through. (Although of course over the story arc they'll use the GF meaning "more and more" to Booth as a way to break Brennan's defenses down again... hopefully in a HUGE way this time... [Only admins are allowed to see this image] )

(ps- I'm glad they announced the actress and it wasn't what I was thinking before... I couldn't imagine they would really even THINK to do that!... I just can't get these links to work for some reason!)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by downtownlove99 Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:33 am

Okay, Ive never posted before but today I must. I never have really had a problem with SO sotrylines but this one does. Booth was in a war zone and for him to come home with a girlfriend just rubs me the wrong way. I know many single people serving overseas and the last thing they are looking for in Iraq or Afghanastian is a relationship. If they have met someone they wait until they are back home. From the sides it looks as if they have been together a while. This just does not sit well with me.
Ive been hanging on since the 100th episode hoping for something good to come of all this. The spoilers have yet to give me anything positive. It may just be me but the 100th seemed kind of out of character for Brennan. I mean yes we know she has issues and shes a scientist and needs proof but in the five years they have been partners I think Booth has given that proof. Brennan saying she cant change is pure b.s., she has and she knows it. Hello her speech to Jared and Padme was proof.
I know Hart says everything happens eventually when referring to Booth and Brennan but it just seems llike this eventually he talks about will never happen. I mean I really would be upset if they got Booth and Brennan together at the very end.
Sorry for any spelling mistakes, english is not my first language. Thanks for listening to me rant.

downtownlove99

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamera Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:41 am

Okay at this point I really want Sully to come back so that Brennan wont be alone. I also want Brennan to start acting like bitchy Brennan because it's funny and it will help me cope with the fact that I hate Booth right now. And a BLOND come on really!? Why is it always a blond?
Kamera
Kamera
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 68
Say What You Want : Bones, Bones, Bones, Bones, Uh...and Bones GO B&B
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:45 am

Given the occasional discussion of the Moonlighting Curse that Hart contends does not exist, here are two interesting quotes from comic con that was from eonline:

<< "I know that we can do a very good job for another couple of years. I think eight seasons would be good. I could see us going a solid eight seasons.">>

<<When asked about having a season where those two crazy kids finally are a couple, Hart simply answered, "I don't not see it happening. I will say this, I have no interest in them getting together on the last day of the series.">>

So, Hart thinks the show could go for 8 seasons and he appears to be willing to put them together before the last episode of the series. By my calculation that leaves at least 44 whole episodes of the Tease.

Oh, boy. I'll be gumming my Cheerios by then.

Lorna

Read more: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:13 am

Yep. The blonde isn't a catalyst. She's a horrible stall tactic. Another road block. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Brennan is her own catalyst. Seems Brennan spent her time in Maluku really thinking about Booth and regretting her decisions. Hallelujah. But now she gets to come back and pretend to like the blonde. puke
I am SO not looking forward to angsty Brennan. BUT we know he blond is only in 5 episodes-Praying to the BONES gods that if anything they shorten her stay and don't extend it- we will FINALLY have B&B on the same page in their relationship. Do I dare hope that they will be together by Christmas? Ugh. I swear this show is gonna give me an ulcer.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:14 am

Well, there goes my theory for B&B getting together this season (unless this is the last season, which I doubt it is) But the things that scares me the most is that by the time they get together, nobody will care anymore and the response will be, "oh did that finally happen," instead of being a TV landmark. Honestly, I can wait until the end. All I want is strong, interesting cases and B&B's old chemistry back like in seasons 1-3, but of course that won't happen because Brennan is going to start to realize that she has made mistake while Booth tries to move on. And then we will get a couple more seasons of teasing and then finally, get together in the last five minutes of the series. Ugh!

Last edited by jro54 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:17 am

u
gordongordonfan wrote:
kat0505 wrote:Who says anyway that this blonde journalist will be the catalyst?

Maybe the appearance of this GF journalist wasn't even necessary. It might be to help speed things up.

Or to slow things down..... ya know?

We could see that Booth going to war and Brennan being separated from him this long time DID make a big difference to her... (and THAT would be the catalyst)... and have Brennan ready to open up, BUT the appearance of this GF halts her in her trackes. (So of course she'll hide). *sigh* I don't know, but at least that whole take on it would make more sense character wise then the GF being the actual thing that makes Brennan realize she loves him all of a sudden after all the crap they've went through.
(Although of course over the story arc they'll use the GF meaning "more and more" to Booth as a way to break Brennan's defenses down again... hopefully in a HUGE way this time... [Only admins are allowed to see this image] )
I agree with your point that this would make a bit more sense. Only, for Brennan to realize that she's changed enough admit her feelings and try with Booth, only to come back and hear about Booth's GF, she wouldn't hide - SHE'D RUN. Cam said it to Booth in the season 4 opener - (paraphrasing here) "be sure she's what you want before you ask her, because if you change your mind she will die of loneliness before she'll trust anyone again."

Yeah, they had her act like a second-year Brennan: she got scared and said no. THEN, they had Booth just give up. Even if you say it's her own fault, she's an idiot, etc, BOOTH opened that door, and because she couldn't walk through, he slammed it shut; HE CHANGED HIS MIND. I'm NOT blaming Booth for trying to move on. I'm just saying that it creates the very senario Cam predicated. Brennan may try to be okay with it at first, but, the most honest character choice would be for her to decide to go back and finish out her year in wherever she was, and then send Cam a resignation letter. She opened up, and gets hurt. I can't see her realistically hanging around watching Booth with his girlfriend. She runs, cuts off contact, and Booth will marry the girlfriend because "out of sight, out of mind." Meanwhile, Brennan will be traveling the globe and become an alcoholic - just like in the original books. (You know, I started out trying to be positive...but, truthfully, the mess they've created from the 100th JUST SUCKS. Sad Mad

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:23 am

Lorna Doone wrote:Given the occasional discussion of the Moonlighting Curse that Hart contends does not exist, here are two interesting quotes from comic con that was from eonline:

<< "I know that we can do a very good job for another couple of years. I think eight seasons would be good. I could see us going a solid eight seasons.">>

<<When asked about having a season where those two crazy kids finally are a couple, Hart simply answered, "I don't not see it happening. I will say this, I have no interest in them getting together on the last day of the series.">>

So, Hart thinks the show could go for 8 seasons and he appears to be willing to put them together before the last episode of the series. By my calculation that leaves at least 44 whole episodes of the Tease.

Lorna

Hart obviously thinks the audience is stupid enough to continue chasing that carrot. I hope the Bones audience proves him, and network tv, wrong.
shoot
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:37 am

joybrennan wrote:
Lorna Doone wrote:Given the occasional discussion of the Moonlighting Curse that Hart contends does not exist, here are two interesting quotes from comic con that was from eonline:

Lorna

Hart obviously thinks the audience is stupid enough to continue chasing that carrot. I hope the Bones audience proves him, and network tv, wrong.
shoot

I agree. *Please nobody kill me* but I hope Fox just cancels Bones because I would rather see it end with high ratings and a happy B&B ending than watching the story be dragged out for another couple seasons. And I would think HH would care enough about his show to realize that it's better to end with high ratings and a happy ending, but instead he's just going drag this story out until it's so unbelieveable and unrealistic.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:47 am

After careful consideration, I have something to say. Do you remember how a lot of us handled the Catherine/Catfish situation? We were vehemently opposed to the notion that Booth may attempt to move on. We spent entire threads talking about how much we hated her before she was even cast. There was a Facebook hate group. People purposefully skipped "The Predator in the Pool" just because she was in it. And now did that situation turn out? She was in a single episode; they didn't even kiss; all she did was give him a tie in the next episode; and she was gone. Afterwards, how many of you felt like you severely overreacted? I know I did.

So now I have a question to pose: Do you think we're overreacting to this one too? I mean, really, what's five episodes if we know that in the end, Booth and Brennan will ultimately end up together? Life's about the journey, not the destination, so we should embrace this as another step.

And just in case people claim that I'm bashing the community, I consider myself part of the "we" and the "us" in my post. I overreact as well.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:47 am

Just had a thought.

When Brennan asks Booth if has spoken with Hannah (BTW, in the Ausiello video, Emily refers to the SO as Hannah, so I'm going with that for now) perhaps it's not because we see her in the premiere but rather because in the premiere we find out that Booth and Brennan have been communicating while they are apart?

bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:49 am

Evil Monkey wrote:
If this show's ratings survived the Season 4 Dream-coma-fantasy finale, it can survive anything.

I disagree with you. The ratings for the final 8 episodes of season 5 saw a loss of nearly a million viewers on average, and judging by the fan reaction to the finale IMO the show is near a make or break point.

I personally believe that the first 5-6 episodes of this season will be determinant on whether we get another season. If the ratings are poor and I believe they will be given the SO storyline and fans growing hatred of the "will they /wont they" aspect of the show, this will be the final season of the show.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:56 am

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:
Evil Monkey wrote:

I disagree with you. The ratings for the final 8 episodes of season 5 saw a loss of nearly a million viewers on average, and judging by the fan reaction to the finale IMO the show is near a make or break point.

I personally believe that the first 5-6 episodes of this season will be determinant on whether we get another season. If the ratings are poor and I believe they will be given the SO storyline and fans growing hatred of the "will they /wont they" aspect of the show, this will be the final season of the show.

Is it horrible to say that I kind of hope this is the last season on the show? I would hate for the show to get canceled because of poor ratings, but apparently HH doesn't care enough about his "baby" (the show) to realize that if he keeps this cat and mouse game going for a couple more seasons, people will lose interest and when B&B finally get together, no one will care anymore.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Ok, just posted an interview with Hart from today in the Comic Con thread.

In this interview Marisa asks if maybe we've already been introduced to this evil character who will come in after the GD, "off screen in the end of season five." Meaning, it's someone we haven't seen but we've heard about.

Any ideas?
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:32 pm

bailey wrote:Ok, just posted an interview with Hart from today in the Comic Con thread.

In this interview Marisa asks if maybe we've already been introduced to this evil character who will come in after the GD, "off screen in the end of season five." Meaning, it's someone we haven't seen but we've heard about.

Any ideas?
Sorry Bailey...I can't muster up any enthusiasm to even try or care. Sad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:35 pm

jro54 wrote:
Is it horrible to say that I kind of hope this is the last season on the show? I would hate for the show to get canceled because of poor ratings, but apparently HH doesn't care enough about his "baby" (the show) to realize that if he keeps this cat and mouse game going for a couple more seasons, people will lose interest and when B&B finally get together, no one will care anymore.

I would not say the he doesn't care about his baby. What I will say, however, is that Hart believes his vision of the show is correct, and he is going to tell his story no matter the consequences. There is something admirable in that belief, but we all know that such beliefs more often than not result in unsuccessful outcomes. Visions too can be flawed.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:41 pm

jro54 wrote:

I would not say the he doesn't care about his baby. What I will say, however, is that Hart believes his vision of the show is correct, and he is going to tell his story no matter the consequences. There is something admirable in that belief, but we all know that such beliefs more often than not result in unsuccessful outcomes. Visions too can be flawed.

I agree, but I am scared that when B&B finally get together, no one will care anymore and the response will be, "Oh did that finally happen?" insead of being a TV landmark. Honestly, I'm okay with waiting until the end. All I want is strong interesting cases and B&B's old natural chemsitry back, but I know that many fans are not going to wait.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:42 pm

joybrennan wrote:
bailey wrote:Ok, just posted an interview with Hart from today in the Comic Con thread.

Any ideas?
Sorry Bailey...I can't muster up any enthusiasm to even try or care. Sad

I know. You guys are depressing me. Crying or Very sad I hope you'll get your joy back at some point. hug

But I'm not going to apologize for still liking the show either. So could some happy person talk to me? Lol. If you listen to what they're saying, this show is still about the Booth and Brennan relationship, we're just in an off cycle (kinda like reading the middle books of the Twilight saga, not that I've read those Rolling Eyes ). They're all saying that BB belong together, that's it's a matter of when and not if, I just wish more of you were enjoying the ride.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:00 pm

I'm not giving up and I know this is crazy, but my glass is still "half-full." I have no doubt that B&B will end up together and that they belong together, but I just wish that the journey would be more enjoyable.

To me, the whole point of the show isn't even about B&B getting together. It's not even about Booth. It's about Brennan and her journey of falling in love. And I know it's so frustrating and you think how a silly TV show can make you stay awake at night and pull your hair, but realistically, Brennan isn't just going to wake up and run into Booth's arms. She has some problems and she is going to have to work through them. Even when she and Booth do get together, she still going to have problems to work through. I can just imagine her trying to keep Booth at a distance even if they are together. Hell, even just regretting making her decesion in the is a HUGE step for her. So I'm not giving up because I want to see the whole journey, even the crappy storylines.

But I am scared that many people are just going to give up and then the show will get canceled due to low ratings, so when HH finally puts B&B together, no one will care anymore. I have tried to fill people's "half-empty glass" with my "half-full glass" but that it's really their decesion to decide if they want to watch
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:07 pm

HermioneGirl101 wrote:After careful consideration, I have something to say. Do you remember how a lot of us handled the Catherine/Catfish situation? We were vehemently opposed to the notion that Booth may attempt to move on. We spent entire threads talking about how much we hated her before she was even cast. There was a Facebook hate group. People purposefully skipped "The Predator in the Pool" just because she was in it. And now did that situation turn out? She was in a single episode; they didn't even kiss; all she did was give him a tie in the next episode; and she was gone. Afterwards, how many of you felt like you severely overreacted? I know I did.

So now I have a question to pose: Do you think we're overreacting to this one too? I mean, really, what's five episodes if we know that in the end, Booth and Brennan will ultimately end up together? Life's about the journey, not the destination, so we should embrace this as another step.

And just in case people claim that I'm bashing the community, I consider myself part of the "we" and the "us" in my post. I overreact as well.

Actually, I was one of the people who didn't watch catfish - and I never will. For me, it's not about did they kiss or how much screen time. Yes, I don't want pictures in my head of Booth kissing some other chick at this point. However, one scene or ten, the entire premise sucks for MANY reasons: it was season five, going into six. Now it IS season six. Because it starts to negate everything that's gone on between them up until the end of the hundredth, for the character of Booth, who can "tell when something's wrong" with Brennan (The tender chicken ep), who knows her SO well (or, at least he did Rolling Eyes) to throw out to her the idea of a relationship and then just quit. That last reason alone is like the man has dementia or amnesia - either he can't remember facts about Brennan and their history, or he just has completely forgotten who he has been, as well as what Brennan is like. Booth, once he decides he wants something, has NEVER been a quitter - until the end of the 100th. Brennan's character may have regressed a few seasons in that ep, but honestly, Booth doesn't feel as "Boothy" anymore - and everytime he works on "moving on" like a rejected puppy, it makes him even less so.

So, in answer to your question, in terms of character and story integrity, I don't think we are overreacting.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:32 pm

jro54 wrote:

You're giving him more credit than I do. Frankly, I think he's doing whatever the network wants in order to get renewed, and he threw his original story under the bus. If the 100th had ended differently and they started SLOWLY to get into a relationship, even if this was the last season, it would be an AWESOME season, and as someone else said, landmark television. Instead, we got that crappy cycle of eight, and this season doesn't seem salvageable at this point. Sure, they can put them together midseason, but it will be a watered down version of B&B, you can't take back the "Canon" history of those two - including Brennan's terrror, and Booth's IMMEDIATELY giving up.

I don't know if anyone ever saw the movie "Big Fish" - but part of the story is a love story. The protagonist falls for this girl, and basically KNOWS she's the one. Because of it, he does WHATEVER it takes to convince her - and he does. For someone who said "I'm that guy" and BEING the kind of tenacious character that he's been
up until most of five, I just don't buy that this was HH's vision.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next