Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S6 E2 "The Couple in the Cave" Sides

+44
THX1138
SocksNTies
19ana89
bonesparticulat
Lorna Doone
Kamera
downtownlove99
kat0505
DONEWITHIT
gordongordonfan
Ankuuh
jhi1005
anteater
TinkonBrink
bonedoc
mommahurley
CiscoAg
dawnsfire
boreanazlover82
katharine
jjrobinson73
Beliskner
joybrennan
bugaboo628
andreana22
recoveringbonesaddict
heirofloki
Lo
bailey
jsgemini
dreamerktm411
MoonlightGardenias
sanasus
treble21
BrainySmurf0302
ReginaPhalange
HermioneGirl101
tinge1990
SnoopGirl
tinkrella
MI_Bonesgirl
crzy4bones
Evil Monkey
jro54
48 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

S6 E2 "The Couple in the Cave" Sides - Page 14 Empty Re: S6 E2 "The Couple in the Cave" Sides

Post by jro54 Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:04 am

Kamera wrote:I love Bones just as much as the next person but (I'm probably going to get a lot of heat from this but...)why are some people being so dramatic? Sad

I agree. Why are people being so closed minded about season six when it hasn't even started it yet? A soon as people hear the word "significant other" they just assume that the season will suck. We don't even know how this season will play out yet...Yeah, the SO storyline sucks, but there are so many other interesting and exciting plot lines like the new big bad and what happens in the 4th episode...
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

S6 E2 "The Couple in the Cave" Sides - Page 14 Empty Re: S6 E2 "The Couple in the Cave" Sides

Post by treble21 Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:53 am

Kamera wrote:I love Bones just as much as the next person but (I'm probably going to get a lot of heat from this but...)why are some people being so dramatic? Sad

No heat here Smile I wonder the same thing but I think that people aren't happy with certain story developments ( the 100th, Catherine, The season finale) or spoilers ( The SO) and have just lost faith that the show they love is gonna be any good anymore.
I prefer to focus on what I love about the show, and even if I don't like certain story developments or possible storylines, I will always always watch this show, as I've said before even a bad Bones ep, is still far superior to most of the other options.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamera Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:03 am

I loved seasons 1,2, and 3 It was the development of the relationship to see how they grew. BUT they eventaully have to move away from that. Eventually fans would want more than just that. Would we have been happier if they kept doing the exact same dance for 100 episodes? This is just part of the growing phase. I am very confident that Bones and Booth will be in a relationship longer than just a couple of epsiodes. Smile
Kamera
Kamera
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 68
Say What You Want : Bones, Bones, Bones, Bones, Uh...and Bones GO B&B
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:17 am

[quote="Kamera"]I loved seasons 1,2, and 3 It was the development of the relationship to see how they grew. BUT they eventaully have to move away from that. Eventually fans would want more than just that. Would we have been happier if they kept doing the exact same dance for 100 episodes?

It IS the same dance. Different music - maybe. Definitely the same dance. I think fans would be happier if the story moved forward instead of backwards. I understand people keeping the faith that the story will eventually move forward and that there are people with more patience and time on their hands. Understand it, and applaud it. cheers The idea that this storyline direction is useful or necessary in order to keep fans interested? thumbsdown
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamera Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:19 am

If it was the same I don't think Booth would have said ANYTHING to Brennan or kissed her, if it were the same as the older seasons.
Kamera
Kamera
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:22 am

jro54 wrote:

I agree. Why are people being so closed minded about season six when it hasn't even started it yet? A soon as people hear the word "significant other" they just assume that the season will suck. We don't even know how this season will play out yet...Yeah, the SO storyline sucks, but there are so many other interesting and exciting plot lines like the new big bad and what happens in the 4th episode...

couldnt agree more!
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:32 am

Lo wrote:
jro54 wrote:

couldnt agree more!

Well... I've always been dramatic, since I was little. I can't help it Twisted Evil
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamera Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:19 am

My big sister is dramatic so I guess I should be use to it by now. LOL Laughing
Kamera
Kamera
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:25 am

Kamera wrote:My big sister is dramatic so I guess I should be use to it by now. LOL Laughing

My little sister and my youngest son are both drama queens...and I'm still not use to it....LOL!

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamera Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:27 am

At least Bones fans are <3
Kamera
Kamera
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamera Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:27 am

Ooops I meant to say passionate.
Kamera
Kamera
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:33 am

Funny... I'm the drama queen in my family. Apparently not the case online.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Kamera wrote:At least Bones fans are <3

Hmmm...I think that is where I go wrong at.....it's in my definition of "fan"...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:23 pm

[quote="joybrennan"]
Kamera wrote:I loved seasons 1,2, and 3 It was the development of the relationship to see how they grew. BUT they eventaully have to move away from that. Eventually fans would want more than just that. Would we have been happier if they kept doing the exact same dance for 100 episodes?

It IS the same dance. Different music - maybe. Definitely the same dance. I think fans would be happier if the story moved forward instead of backwards. I understand people keeping the faith that the story will eventually move forward and that there are people with more patience and time on their hands. Understand it, and applaud it. cheers The idea that this storyline direction is useful or necessary in order to keep fans interested? thumbsdown

IMO, the show lost the natural progression in the relationship.

If we look back at the first 3 seasons, BB were making progress towards something real. In season 2, each had SO, but each ultimately decided to ditch the SO by the end of the season.

In season 3, we saw Booth and Brennan learning from each other, and we remember Booth's speech about making love.

In the first half of season 4, we saw a regression in Brennan (wanting to have sex with the Brit guy, the underwater welder, Jared, and some other guys), and we knew something was off. The explanation that some of us came up with was that when Booth was shot Brennan regressed. The second half of season 4, we were back to BB building up to something.

The coma dream in the season 4 finale gave us a glimpse into what a possible BB relationship would be like and we were generally satisfied. Hart, however, decided to get cute with us in the last scene with "Who are You?".

Season 5 started strong, Hart yet again decided to make BB the main storyline. Even the misstep with Hacker, BB's relationship was showing some real forward momentum, and to all appearances the 100 was going to be the culmination of the forward momentum in the BB relationship. Hart, yet again, had other plans.

To many of us, the 100 and the episodes that followed lacked any continuity to the history of the show. Both characters were reset because Hart lost his faith in the intelligence of the audience. He made the assumption that if he gave us BB, we would stop watching. This is the basic problem so many of us have. We believe in the show and the characters, and we know if written properly a BB coupling could carry the show for years. Hart lost faith in us, and we in turn have lost faith in him.

For me, I will watch but not with the same passion nor with any expectations. Like I said before, BB has lost its luster for me.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:53 pm

[quote="recoveringbonesaddict"]
joybrennan wrote:
Kamera wrote:I loved seasons 1,2, and 3 It was the development of the relationship to see how they grew. BUT they eventaully have to move away from that. Eventually fans would want more than just that. Would we have been happier if they kept doing the exact same dance for 100 episodes?

If we look back at the first 3 seasons, BB were making progress towards something real. In season 2, each had SO, but each ultimately decided to ditch the SO by the end of the season.

In season 3, we saw Booth and Brennan learning from each other, and we remember Booth's speech about making love.

In the first half of season 4, we saw a regression in Brennan (wanting to have sex with the Brit guy, the underwater welder, Jared, and some other guys), and we knew something was off. The explanation that some of us came up with was that when Booth was shot Brennan regressed. The second half of season 4, we were back to BB building up to something.

The coma dream in the season 4 finale gave us a glimpse into what a possible BB relationship would be like and we were generally satisfied. Hart, however, decided to get cute with us in the last scene with "Who are You?".

Season 5 started strong, Hart yet again decided to make BB the main storyline. Even the misstep with Hacker, BB's relationship was showing some real forward momentum, and to all appearances the 100 was going to be the culmination of the forward momentum in the BB relationship. Hart, yet again, had other plans.

To many of us, the 100 and the episodes that followed lacked any continuity to the history of the show. Both characters were reset because Hart lost his faith in the intelligence of the audience. He made the assumption that if he gave us BB, we would stop watching. This is the basic problem so many of us have. We believe in the show and the characters, and we know if written properly a BB coupling could carry the show for years. Hart lost faith in us, and we in turn have lost faith in him.

For me, I will watch but not with the same passion nor with any expectations. Like I said before, BB has lost its luster for me.

Very Well said...I couldn't agree with you more....For me it's not that I'm saying season 6 will suck, before it even starts...it's that I'm saying...the end of season 5, did so much damage to the integrity of the show, that it's taken me from, "on the edge of my seat, fully committed,, fully interested" to "merely willing to give a chance with no real expectations of greatness, but a wait and see, and hope for the best" attitude. I'm going to need a lot of really good writing to overcome my feeling of having been let down greatly. sort of like...I don't really want to ride the roller coaster anymore, but I've got a couple tickets in my pocket that I'm going to use up...I'll decide if I'll buy more depending on how it goes. But I'm feeling a bit queezy at the moment.

For me there are a few interesting tidbits that have piqued my interest...and I want to see if those are going to be well done...I have hope, but not confidence...I have wishes, but not dreams...I have some interest, but not faith. These are not good warning signs, because I was amongst some of the most ardent fans...and these are the same beginning signs that happened to me before I stopped caring about Grays Anatomy, Lost, Desperate Housewives...all great shows, that just wore out my devotion and lost me. And I really don't want this to be the case, but unfortunately, right now it is.

If you see that as a problem with me...then that's your right ... but I see it as more of a general problem with the show...one I hope will get worked out in Season 6, becuase if it's done right...I will be willing to get back on board.

I'm curious about one thing...there are those who say.. they're in it for the duration no matter what...and things like that...I'm curious what the ratio is of those that are still super gung ho, and how long they have been watching the show...If you've been watching it, week to week for 5 years, and you're still super into it...please say so...cause I have a sneeky suspiscion that it's people who came on board later, and caught up by watching dvd's that are less frustrated and defeated than those that have been doing the week to week expectation and let down thing for many years. I wonder if there is any correlation?

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:36 pm

[quote="mommahurley"]
recoveringbonesaddict wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

Very Well said...I couldn't agree with you more....For me it's not that I'm saying season 6 will suck, before it even starts...it's that I'm saying...the end of season 5, did so much damage to the integrity of the show, that it's taken me from, "on the edge of my seat, fully committed,, fully interested" to "merely willing to give a chance with no real expectations of greatness, but a wait and see, and hope for the best" attitude. I'm going to need a lot of really good writing to overcome my feeling of having been let down greatly. sort of like...I don't really want to ride the roller coaster anymore, but I've got a couple tickets in my pocket that I'm going to use up...I'll decide if I'll buy more depending on how it goes. But I'm feeling a bit queezy at the moment.

For me there are a few interesting tidbits that have piqued my interest...and I want to see if those are going to be well done...I have hope, but not confidence...I have wishes, but not dreams...I have some interest, but not faith. These are not good warning signs, because I was amongst some of the most ardent fans...and these are the same beginning signs that happened to me before I stopped caring about Grays Anatomy, Lost, Desperate Housewives...all great shows, that just wore out my devotion and lost me. And I really don't want this to be the case, but unfortunately, right now it is.

If you see that as a problem with me...then that's your right ... but I see it as more of a general problem with the show...one I hope will get worked out in Season 6, becuase if it's done right...I will be willing to get back on board.

I'm curious about one thing...there are those who say.. they're in it for the duration no matter what...and things like that...I'm curious what the ratio is of those that are still super gung ho, and how long they have been watching the show...If you've been watching it, week to week for 5 years, and you're still super into it...please say so...cause I have a sneeky suspiscion that it's people who came on board later, and caught up by watching dvd's that are less frustrated and defeated than those that have been doing the week to week expectation and let down thing for many years. I wonder if there is any correlation?

I agree with all of this. And I'm one who has been in it since the beginning-although I missed most of S3 live because of my job at the time-had to catch it in reruns... I'm in it til the end. Yeah, I was really pissed at the S5 finale. REALLY pissed. As in-I haven't rewatched the finale. It's the ONLY episode that I've never seen more than once. I still have it on the DVR, but I just can't bring myself to watch it.
I'm still not really over it. I was really considering if I'd be back for S6. But coming here and venting my frustrations, and basically making fun of HH and the stupid SO plot for a couple months did help.
I'm really excited about S6 now. I guess because we are finally getting a breakthrough with Brennan. That was what pissed me off the most about the end of S5-it seemed like there was no progression in her character-only regression. Now we have the road-block, AKA Booth's play-toy, AKA Journo Barbie in the picture, and at 1st I was really pissed about that. Now I get why she fits in the story and it makes sense. So while I hate the plot and the thought of Booth with her makes me want to vomit, I'm ok with the storyline aspect of it. As long as we are getting progression from Brennan, I'm ok with seeing how it all plays out.
IDK I guess I just love this cast, and as others have said, a bad Bones is better than most of the other stuff on TV. I honestly can't imagine NOT watching Bones..
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:42 pm

mommahurley wrote:

I think you're right, there's a correlation. I'm new to the show, and I don't agree at all with what's been said in the last few posts of this thread. I don't think the relationship/show has lost it's integrity in the last couple of seasons. I'm one of those people who watched all the episodes in order on DVD, so it's not as if I am clueless as to what the show "used" to be. I get the feeling some people are just frustrated with waiting for so long for something they really want, and feel like Hart is like the tall kid on the playground dangling a toy just outta your reach. Six years is a long time to wait for anything.

bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14