Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booth calling Bones Temperance/Tempe

+22
snoozy
Fi1975
jro54
Lyanna Stark
ReginaPhalange
tinkrella
Ellie
SJB
muimi07
MoonlightGardenias
HermioneGirl101
sammi31
bailey
mom2mnb
crzy4bones
joybrennan
AmandaFriend
gordongordonfan
treble21
SnoopGirl
katharine
Bonesicted
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Booth calling Bones Temperance/Tempe Empty Booth calling Bones Temperance/Tempe

Post by Bonesicted Fri May 14, 2010 8:06 am

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this question. If it isn't then maybe someone who knows where it belongs can move it. Very Happy

Anyhow...

Has anyone been paying attention to how many times through the seasons Booth has called Brennan Temperance or Tempe?

I can only recall that he's called her Temperance twice (and never Tempe), but I can be wrong - that's why I thought I'd ask the question here. Very Happy
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Booth calling Bones Temperance/Tempe Empty Re: Booth calling Bones Temperance/Tempe

Post by katharine Fri May 14, 2010 8:27 am

Bonesicted wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this question. If it isn't then maybe someone who knows where it belongs can move it. Very Happy

Anyhow...

Has anyone been paying attention to how many times through the seasons Booth has called Brennan Temperance or Tempe?

I can only recall that he's called her Temperance twice (and never Tempe), but I can be wrong - that's why I thought I'd ask the question here. Very Happy
I think you are right, maybe a couple of times, Temperance, but never, Tempe.
Can't quote you the episodes, but I think you nailed it with just a couple.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423

Back to top Go down

Booth calling Bones Temperance/Tempe Empty Re: Booth calling Bones Temperance/Tempe

Post by Bonesicted Fri May 14, 2010 9:07 am

katharine wrote:
So maybe he's saving the third time (third time's the charm right? Wink) for when they get together. Can't we just hear him say "I love you Temperance!"? Wink Laughing
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri May 14, 2010 10:58 am

Bonesicted wrote:
katharine wrote:
So maybe he's saving the third time (third time's the charm right? Wink) for when they get together. Can't we just hear him say "I love you Temperance!"? Wink Laughing
And she calls him Seeley hug

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri May 14, 2010 12:33 pm

just adding my two cents, Booth has only called her that a couple of times, and not at all in recent seasons also I hope they never call each other Temperance and Seely. They have their nicknames for each other, they should stick with them because it's "theirs" Smile
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Fri May 14, 2010 1:10 pm

yeah, don't know if it's 2 times specifically but it's definitely not many... but I agree that they should so NOT go there with each other in any "special" moments.

Can you really picture Bones calling Booth "Seeley"? [Only admins are allowed to see this image] I think it would sound totally weird and artificial. Cam's the only one who really calls him that.

As far as Booth, I can hear him calling her the usual "Bones", or maybe even so far as the "Bren" of the season 4 dream eventually, but probably not a lot of Temperance unless he's a) annoyed with her or b) trying to hammer home some emotional point.

(And lets not forget we've heard Booth call her "Baby" quite nicely too when caught up in worry... all I can say about that one is... NICE!)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaFriend Fri May 14, 2010 9:52 pm

He called her Temperance in Woman in Limbo: "Temperance, go home."

I can't recall a second time, but it could have happened.

AmandaFriend
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat May 15, 2010 5:33 am

Yeah, absolutely not Seely - he's Booth to her. On the other hand, I noticed when he called her "baby" and THAT totally works for more, ehem, intimate moments. I also can see him using Temperance when he's being serious, but not steamy. He absolutely should NEVER use Tempe! Ugh! I mean, her father calls her that. "Bones" and "Baby" with an occasional Temperance now and again. That's it. Now, someone's gotta give Hart the memo. Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Sat May 15, 2010 6:14 am

Jared called her Tempe. ugh! Did Booth ever call her "Bren" other than in last year's finale?

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mom2mnb Sat May 15, 2010 11:41 am

gordongordonfan wrote:yeah, don't know if it's 2 times specifically but it's definitely not many... but I agree that they should so NOT go there with each other in any "special" moments.

Can you really picture Bones calling Booth "Seeley"? [Only admins are allowed to see this image] I think it would sound totally weird and artificial. Cam's the only one who really calls him that.

As far as Booth, I can hear him calling her the usual "Bones", or maybe even so far as the "Bren" of the season 4 dream eventually, but probably not a lot of Temperance unless he's a) annoyed with her or b) trying to hammer home some emotional point.

(And lets not forget we've heard Booth call her "Baby" quite nicely too when caught up in worry... all I can say about that one is... NICE!)

^^ Yes this! Although, I wouldn't necessarily mind her calling him Seeley it would just take time to get used to. I like that Cam is the only one who does it. The other way, I think him calling her anything other than Bones would sound weird. "Baby" is ok with me for more intimate moments because somehow "Ohhh Bones......" in the heat of the moment just sounds weird. Laughing
mom2mnb
mom2mnb

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat May 15, 2010 11:48 am

treble21 wrote:just adding my two cents, Booth has only called her that a couple of times, and not at all in recent seasons also I hope they never call each other Temperance and Seely. They have their nicknames for each other, they should stick with them because it's "theirs" Smile

I agree ... Seely would just sound wrong coming from her. And I love that Booth has his little nickname for Brennan that no one else is allowed to use! Remember when Sweets tried? He got a quick ... "Don't call me Bones."

And I love that scene when Angela asks Brennan if she ever had a nickname as a child, and she gets the cutest little look on her face when she says "no, just Bones, just what Booth calls me."

So, even if they do get together, I think he should stick with Bones ... with Baby for the intimate (cause dang that just sounded "right" in HitF.) Smile
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi31 Thu May 20, 2010 5:45 am

It was more than two. I tried to keep track during all the seasons but I got bored with it. At my last count in was like 25 times he has called her Temperance.

sammi31
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Say What You Want : BONES RULES
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu May 20, 2010 7:38 am

Yeah, I know when it's sad or serious he calls her Temperance. It's special in it's own right. Smile Have to admit, I have some fun fanfictiony ideas about him calling her "Temptress" - a VERY private nickname. Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Thu May 20, 2010 8:43 am

AmandaFriend wrote:He called her Temperance in Woman in Limbo: "Temperance, go home."

Whenever I watch WiL, which happens quite a lot because it's one of my favorites, I always end up replaying that line about 50 times.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Thu May 20, 2010 10:45 am

sammi31 wrote:It was more than two. I tried to keep track during all the seasons but I got bored with it. At my last count in was like 25 times he has called her Temperance.

Wait a minute. Really? I can only think of one right off hand. Are you counting when he's introducing her to other people? Or am I waaaay not paying enough attention? lol
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Thu May 20, 2010 10:55 am

Gah...when he calls her Temperance I melt a little bit. I definitely think it's better that it's saved for those emotional moments because...well, you gotta admit the way he says it in those times is pretty swoon-worthy. (Also, if he ever does say "I love you, Temperance Brennan." or something of that nature I will die of squee-induced excitement).

I could see him calling her Bren on occasion. Bones is of course her name for him...it just is. Still, if he was talking to Parker he might say that, because unless I'm mistaken the whole "Dr.Bones" thing never really happened. It was a fanfic thing. Although...Parker HAS called her Bones before. He's the exception to the rule. Laughing
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by muimi07 Thu May 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Woman in Limbo is the only time i can honestly recall him directly calling her Temperance. Otherwise, I've only heard "Temperance" from him when he's introducing her to someone. (Him calling her "Baby" in Harbingers was cute if not a fluke. I nearly missed it, myself.) If there's a second instance, where was it?

ETA: Rewatching the Pilot, he calls her Temperance once.

I really liked how Jared was calling her Tempe right from the start -- even when she called him to the bar in Hero in the Hold after she had told him off, he still called her Tempe -- shows how different he and (Seeley) Booth really are.

muimi07

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-04-11

http://fwiwfangirl.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Fri May 21, 2010 6:27 am

muimi07 wrote:Woman in Limbo is the only time i can honestly recall him directly calling her Temperance. Otherwise, I've only heard "Temperance" from him when he's introducing her to someone. (Him calling her "Baby" in Harbingers was cute if not a fluke. I nearly missed it, myself.) If there's a second instance, where was it?

Yea, that's the only one I remember as well.

"Temperance. Go home." What that dramatic pause after he says her name. *sigh*
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by SJB Wed May 26, 2010 11:05 pm

So far I have counted twice. I am rewatching season 1.
He calls her Temperance in the Pilot, when he is watching the video of Cleo Eller, He also calls her Temperance in Season 1 ep 3 (A Boy in A Tree) when she talks to the mother of the boy.

Then again in the finale of season 1.

So 3 times in total so far that I can count!

Last edited by SJB on Wed May 26, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
SJB
SJB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SJB Wed May 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Oh!
Twice in season 1 ep 3! (A Boy in A Tree)
He calls her Temperance just before she gives him his Jeffersonian access card.

So 4 in total so far!
SJB
SJB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Thu May 27, 2010 2:41 am

Add to that season1 ep 14 when she asks him to take a look at her parents' file and he says "I'm proud you asked Temperance."

So it makes 5 Very Happy

Ellie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu May 27, 2010 7:16 am

He deff does a bit in season one. I think it is kind of special in it's own right. He really only saves it for super emotional or serious things although....he hasn't done it at all this season. I think 'bones' has taken over as his name for her. I think she likes it as much as him. Very Happy

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu May 27, 2010 7:17 am

So GLAD he never calls her tempe. It's interesting to me....that the guys she dates do. Sully did...didn't he? that professor did and jared did. I can't stand it. For some reason it irks me so thank god booth doesn't get into the tempe thing. I'm guessing they use tempe from time to time b/c that's what everyone calls her in the book.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Fri May 28, 2010 1:22 am

I hope we see a progression of him calling her Temperance a little more if they actually do explore a romantic relationship with each other. It's 100% sexy when he says her name. So intense. Wink

I also hope I never ever hear him call her Tempe. He already has a nickname for her - one that's special to them - and if her Dad calls and past boyfriends call her that, he certainly should not.

So, he's only called her "baby" once that we know of?
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyanna Stark Fri May 28, 2010 4:31 am

ReginaPhalange wrote: So, he's only called her "baby" once that we know of?

Only once in earnest, I think. He's used it jokingly a few times:

Flashback to first case
BOOTH: You're back, baby. Haha! You're re-hired.

1x12, The Superhero in the Alley
BRENNAN: Evidence.
BOOTH: Cold hard facts, baby.

1x15, Two Bodies in the Lab
BOOTH: Hot Blooded? Talk about a guilty pleasure. Check it baby.

and then nothing until...

5x19, Rocker in the Rinse Cycle
BOOTH: That's not music. That's Rock 'n Roll, Baby. Yeah!

--------------------------------

This list brought to you courtesy of [Only admins are allowed to see this link] the command + f function on my keyboard, and apparently too much free time.

Lyanna Stark
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next