Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booth and Bones As a Couple? Yay or Nay?

+15
shipperatheart
Lo
SnoopGirl
ForensicMama
sadhbh
HeyHey
mereva
Sarah9488
MoonlightGardenias
Fluffernutter
jagglebells
marymageli
Shakari
sweetie_dude
bugaboo628
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Booth and Bones As a Couple? Yay or Nay? Empty Booth and Bones As a Couple? Yay or Nay?

Post by bugaboo628 Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:28 am

Well, TV Guide wants to know! Should Booth and Brennan become a couple? Will the show jump the shark if they do?

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

No show has played the "will they or won't they" game more aggressively this season than Bones. Goofy, brawny FBI agent Booth and overly-clinical, brilliant forensic anthropologist "Bones" have been bickering and flirting for more than three seasons now. Last season they shared a mistletoe-prompted smooch, and producers have hinted at more romantic developments this season. Might Booth and Bones hook up on the back of a jumping shark?
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Booth and Bones As a Couple? Yay or Nay? Empty Re: Booth and Bones As a Couple? Yay or Nay?

Post by sweetie_dude Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:41 am

its BUGABOO...sorry...got excited. i think that they will get together when the time is right thats all im going to say Razz
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Booth and Bones As a Couple? Yay or Nay? Empty Re: Booth and Bones As a Couple? Yay or Nay?

Post by Shakari Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:47 pm

I agree, and I'm definitely looking forward to it!
Shakari=Shipper. All the way!
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:22 am

I'm a shipper. Everything happens eventually. We all know that. Very Happy
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Number of posts : 28379
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:31 am

sweetie_dude wrote:its BUGABOO...sorry...got excited. i think that they will get together when the time is right that's all I'm going to say Razz

I agree. I think that they'll get together when the time is right. I just want the characters to both acknowledge to themselves that they have feelings for the other.

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:52 am

I agree. I think that they'll get together when the time is right. I just want the characters to both acknowledge to themselves that they have feelings for the other.

I agree with you. They really need to profess(sp?) their feelings to one another.
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:05 am

As much as my inner fangirl is slobberingly shouting "GET THEM TOGETHER RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!!!" the more rational part of my mind has control of the keyboard and says that they should wait just a little longer, but should ABSODEFINITELY be together by the end of the show. I'm just afraid it will take away the Bonesness of Bones if they are pushed together too soon.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:54 am

What I'm afraid of is that it might not happen until the last ew episodes ever. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they should get together just yet...but there's going to come a point when all of the tension and the awkward situation should/could amount to something, but they don't.

So yeah...it'll happen, and I really don't think they'll "jump the shark"...if they wait just a little longer. Like next season maybe. Or, well...hopefully. They can't wait too long, but even the mega-shipper in me wants things to be right first, feelings to be acknowledged.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:39 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:What I'm afraid of is that it might not happen until the last ew episodes ever. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they should get together just yet...but there's going to come a point when all of the tension and the awkward situation should/could amount to something, but they don't.

So yeah...it'll happen, and I really don't think they'll "jump the shark"...if they wait just a little longer. Like next season maybe. Or, well...hopefully. They can't wait too long, but even the mega-shipper in me wants things to be right first, feelings to be acknowledged.

Very true. At some point if they wait to long viewers will get bored.
And I have trust in the writers that the tension will stay even if feelings are acknowledged.

It doesn't have to happen this season, ... though a real kiss would be nice... but if Brennan or Booth have some dreams about each other or sth like that.
Such a pity that there wasn't a New Year's episode. That'd be a perfect setting for a kiss...

Ah, and to the question... How can you possibly NOT be a shipper with that chemistry. It's everywhere. I know, there are some people who watch it more (or only) for the cases than for the personal stories... No offense, but I think BONES is the wrong show for these people.
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:06 am

Even though I understand that the creators won't bring them together as long as possible, I still hope that they won't do it in the very last episode. I would LOVE to see BB as a couple for at least(!) 5-7 episodes, to watch them developing a committed relationship.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:37 am

mereva wrote:Even though I understand that the creators won't bring them together as long as possible, I still hope that they won't do it in the very last episode. I would LOVE to see BB as a couple for at least(!) 5-7 episodes, to watch them developing a committed relationship.

I agree. After all of this build-up we gotta see how it turns out!
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:10 am

After such a huge build up to a relationship - and really, that's what this season has been all about - the writers, to some extent do have to go through with it and get them together. The audience will get fed up of being played with otherwise and just stop watching - especially casual viewers. When I think of other ships I've followed over the years, there have been several mistakes:
e.g.
Mulder and Scully - lost interest - took too long - got bored.
Lois and Clark - ridiculous obstacles in their path - clone eating frogs for one...
Syd and Vaughn - ridiculous obstacles in their path - time jump and evil wife.
And countless others involving 'misunderstandings' and love triangles (bah!).

All of those stopped me watching. It wasn't that the couples were together, it was the fact that they thought I'd be content to have 'my couples' messed with!

I think the B/B relationship would be so interesting to watch, because they're basically already in one. They're not going to stop bickering, they have so many issues to work through, so many things to deal with.

There's at least another season there, if not 2. And how many seasons do shows get anyway these days? Sometimes (and I would hate to think of this happening to Bones obviously), it's better to call it a day while the quality is still there.

Anyway, I've gone on and on. Apologies for the essay. I could have just said 'yes, they should' and left it at that! Very Happy

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by sadhbh Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:13 am

mereva wrote:Even though I understand that the creators won't bring them together as long as possible, I still hope that they won't do it in the very last episode. I would LOVE to see BB as a couple for at least(!) 5-7 episodes, to watch them developing a committed relationship.

So that they can break up and get back together and break up and get back together and become the new meredith and derek?

That is my fear if they get together with a few seasons to go. They producers won't know what to do, so they'll begin this on-again/off-again cycle that will ruin the show Sad

I want them together but fear the shows semise when it does happen...
sadhbh
sadhbh
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 2966
Say What You Want : Must. Resist. Spoilers!!
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:01 am

sadhbh wrote:So that they can break up and get back together and break up and get back together and become the new meredith and derek?
Huh? No... Why? Couldn't it be a good functioning relationship? Not necessarily married, just a stable loving couple? For me, it would be a disaster if they'd get together in the last episode of the last season. Hence I'd love to see them in a relationship in some episodes by the end of the show, not just the 'I love you's in the last 5 minutes.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:55 am

I vote that they shouldn't be in a relationship until the last bit of the last season. I know that I look forward to the sexual tension/chemistry in the show. If they were together, then I'm afraid that people would stop watching--I'd keep watching, though!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:04 am

It seems this is quite a split debate, which is interesting.

I agree I wouldn't like it if it was left 'til the end of the very last season. I want to see them in a relationship. A flash forward to the future type thing at the end of the series wouldn't cut it for me either.

The other thing is, as well, is that the longer they leave it, they're going to have to come up with a very plausible reason for keeping them apart, given the huge romance hints we get *every* episode now. I don't think I want to see the 'Booth finds a love, Brennan is jealous', 'Booth breaks up with new love to tell Brennan how he feels, just as she gets a new love' kind of storyline. That would 'jump the shark' big style for me. I would also hate, hate, hate continued break-ups if they did get together.

People do fall in love with their best friends and get together without that much drama... me and my husband did. Although, to be fair, I can't see anyone making a TV Series about us. We rarely solve any murder cases together. Sigh. Laughing

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:28 pm

I've heard on some forums and talking to some fans that this season has kind of been dubbed the one "In which Brennan figures it out". I'm not sure how much truth there is to that, but we've seen her (as well as Booth) make a few leaps in their relationship in the last season or so.

I don't want them breaking up and getting back together either, but I don't want the Luke and Lorelai thing to happen to them either. I don't want them to get together, then things get screwed up, and they realize they finally wanna just set that all aside in the final episode.

Personally, I'd like to see them as a couple trying to solve cases, I'd like seeing them in that dynamic. Like, the FBI techs and suspects are always making comments about them being a couple; would they continue to refuse? And wouldn't it be just classic if once they actually DID get together, Angela (who in everyone's fanfic stories has like a sixth sense about that sort of thing)...didn't know until they came out and said something? And also, what would happen with the Bureau? We haven't seen the Deputy Director since Cullen left (though everyone assumes he's still DD, at least it seems that way in fanfics)...but there's bound to be issues there, right? Stipulations; Do the rules concerning relationships within partnership really apply since Bren isn't an agent?

Also, I wonder what would happen if they got together and the FBI really did split them up, and I mean for more than just an episode? Would Brennan's "I never want to work with another federal agent but you, Booth." still stand?

Or maybe I've thought too much about this... Rolling Eyes
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:55 pm

I completely agree with you Moonlight Gardenias. I'd forgotten about Luke and Lorelei too. I'm just catching Gilmore Girls as I make tea for my children every evening and I saw the end of the series and then they started repeating the first ones. If I'd watched from the beginning, well... I'm not sure I would have!

All of your ideas for plotlines sound great. It can be done. It can! Very Happy

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:36 am

I concur vehemently...
There could be so many interesting issues to solve even if they were actually a couple.
And they could do sth else than all these religious discussions...

And yeah, I can see why people think this is the season where Brennan figures it all out... Though I think she kind of began that in season 3 already...
In my opinion Booth is the one who takes a little longer...
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:47 am

B&B together for sure!!!
Hart and company missed a fantabulous ending scene to move their relationship along one tiny step, in The Bone That Blew but redeemed himself in Fire On the Ice ending. I love the baby steps that B&B take however, I think they should be openly at least admiting to each other that they are more than "just partners". Like say they could be friends Smile

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:00 am

SnoopGirl wrote:B&B together for sure!!! Like say they could be friends Smile
Uhu. A boyfriend and a girlfriend! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:51 am

HeyLJ wrote:After such a huge build up to a relationship - and really, that's what this season has been all about - the writers, to some extent do have to go through with it and get them together. The audience will get fed up of being played with otherwise and just stop watching - especially casual viewers. When I think of other ships I've followed over the years, there have been several mistakes:
e.g.
Mulder and Scully - lost interest - took too long - got bored.
Lois and Clark - ridiculous obstacles in their path - clone eating frogs for one...
Syd and Vaughn - ridiculous obstacles in their path - time jump and evil wife.
And countless others involving 'misunderstandings' and love triangles (bah!).

All of those stopped me watching. It wasn't that the couples were together, it was the fact that they thought I'd be content to have 'my couples' messed with!

I think the B/B relationship would be so interesting to watch, because they're basically already in one. They're not going to stop bickering, they have so many issues to work through, so many things to deal with.

There's at least another season there, if not 2. And how many seasons do shows get anyway these days? Sometimes (and I would hate to think of this happening to Bones obviously), it's better to call it a day while the quality is still there.

Anyway, I've gone on and on. Apologies for the essay. I could have just said 'yes, they should' and left it at that! Very Happy

i agree with you LJ. However, I think it would be smart to wait until maybe mid-late season 5, to get them together that is. Side note: I also followed Syd and Vaughn...and wow. I never seen more eye-sex in my entire life.

And there was a somewhat recent (this year) interview with Hart/Josephen(SP?) and another dude...and they were asked how they are going to handle the getting Booth and Brennan together but keeping the appeal of the show. And Hart said he is hoping to jump the shark (?) or get them together they are just trying to find a way to do that and keep the viewership. And when they have found a way to do that they will implement it.

So to me it sounds like they are buying time and possibly always having the "how do we get them together but keep viewers" dilemma in the back of their minds...hoping to maybe have a eureka moment.

I wasn't a big Booth and Brennan shippa. Till probably last season towards the end. So I'm new to this intense feeling of fangirl-ing and what not.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:37 am

I understand their fear, the not wanting to lose viewers over putting them together. But isn't that what the majority of BBers want to see? I love the case files sometimes, I'm not going to lie. That's not what I tune in to see though, I tune in to watch the characters and how they all interact together.

Personally, and this might be just me, but I was talking to my friend Erica about this, and it kind of seems like Booth already knows, even if he hasn't completely admitted it to himself yet. He knows he loves her. Maybe not IN love yet, but come on. How many times can he lean across the table making those dreamy eyes or scoot closer to her, saying those perfect show-capper moments...and it not lead to something else? I love me some Booth speeches, don't get me wrong. But there's going to come a time where that can't be just it.

They know they're friends, and maybe have addressed the awkwardness of them being something not quite professional. I mean, they pretended to be a married couple in 'Double Trouble'. Not just "engaged to be engaged" a la Tony and Roxy, but married. ("Where is the Buck Moosejaw I married?"). I'm not saying I expect their entire relationship to change, but it would be nice if they'd at least acknowledge that there's something there. Like those "guy hugs", for her to be all "This isn't a guy hug, is it?"...or something a little more blunt.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:33 pm

Yeah, Booth keeps dropping all of these little hints for Brennan...
"There's more than one kind of family"
"There are people who are meant to be together"
"You're special, Bones."
etc.

She's a genius, for heck's sake! She's gotta catch on sooner or later.
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:47 pm

i think they fear loosing viewers by putting them together because they understand it to be that people tune in only to see if something will happen. And they probably attribute the tension as being the reason the show took off as well. So to them if you take that element away...if you solve that element then there is nothing left, unless they have a plan to create another story that has to be resolved...which is part of the reason why Hart has said they haven't gotten them together is because they don't have another element that will keep viewers hooked to see and wait for the solution.

I think tthat yea putting them together will make people happy for a couple episodes and then there's that fear of boringness (complacency) which is probably what made them tear Hodgins and Angela apart.

They are just treading very dangerous waters.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum