Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booth calling Bones Temperance/Tempe

+22
snoozy
Fi1975
jro54
Lyanna Stark
ReginaPhalange
tinkrella
Ellie
SJB
muimi07
MoonlightGardenias
HermioneGirl101
sammi31
bailey
mom2mnb
crzy4bones
joybrennan
AmandaFriend
gordongordonfan
treble21
SnoopGirl
katharine
Bonesicted
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Booth calling Bones Temperance/Tempe - Page 2 Empty Re: Booth calling Bones Temperance/Tempe

Post by jro54 Fri May 28, 2010 6:26 am

I like it that Booth has his own little nickname for her. It be weird if calls her Tempe. But I like it when he calls her 'baby.'
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Booth calling Bones Temperance/Tempe - Page 2 Empty Re: Booth calling Bones Temperance/Tempe

Post by gordongordonfan Fri May 28, 2010 7:16 am

Yep, love the "Temperance" moments when they pop up. (Love the "baby" more though [Only admins are allowed to see this image] )

I also would absolutely LOVE some "Bren" once they do "cross that bridge" It would be soooo appropriate.
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri May 28, 2010 8:19 am

It's interesting that Brennan doesn't consider "Tempe" a nickname. I can't remember what episode it was when her and Angela were talking about nicknames, and Angela asked her if she ever had a nickname and she said "Just the one Booth calls me...just Bones" and I love that he's the only one that's allowed to call her that. she either shoots them down (like Sweets) or they are just so respectful of the Booth/Brennan relationship that they don't even try.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi1975 Fri May 28, 2010 9:07 am

I'm trying to think about how many times Booth has called Brennan 'Temperance' and it is only a few times, and less as the seasons have gone on. In my mind, to each other,they are Brennan/Bones and Booth, not Temperance and Seeley.

Even in 30, 40, 50 years time, I think they will be 'Bones' and 'Booth'.

Fi1975
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Say What You Want : Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri May 28, 2010 9:59 am

I think so..if she ever gets over her hang-ups with marriage it will be "I Temperance take you Booth to be my lawfully wedded husband" and "I Seeley take you Bones to be my lawfully weeded wife" Laughing

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri May 28, 2010 10:04 am

Don't forget "bingo baby..."not sure what episode in it's in though. I'm pretty sure that's the line. I really need to rewatch them all now.

We had these debates for many hours when the x-files was on. Mulder only called scully 'Dana' in emotional situations and she hardly ever (if not never) called him fox. The shows really are not the same at all and yet everytime I hear them refer to each other as Bones and booth I get a little pang of longing for mulder and scully. sigh.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Fri May 28, 2010 10:16 am

tinkrella wrote:Don't forget "bingo baby..."not sure what episode in it's in though. I'm pretty sure that's the line. I really need to rewatch them all now.

We had these debates for many hours when the x-files was on. Mulder only called scully 'Dana' in emotional situations and she hardly ever (if not never) called him fox. The shows really are not the same at all and yet everytime I hear them refer to each other as Bones and booth I get a little pang of longing for mulder and scully. sigh.

I remember Scully calling him Fox once, and he laughed at her. lol Can't remember the episode, but pretty sure it was a mythology one.

I love the way Booth says baby to Brennan -- it's weird, some terms of endearment just work for people. Like, I couldn't imagine the baby line working in ships like the X-Files, or Castle, for example.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by snoozy Sat May 29, 2010 1:08 pm

In the Verdict in the Story, Booth tells her "Okay, you're not Dr. Brennan today. You're Temperance."

When he calls her baby, it makes me go all melty

loveprincess
snoozy
snoozy
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon May 31, 2010 7:40 am

I think the baby thing in this seasons premier was david add libbing. It was so quiet and soft and I think he uses "babe" "baby" a lot when talking to women. I've heard him a few times in interviews say "babe." Seems like it's his favorite pet name. In the commentary in season one that they do together I'm pretty sure at the end he says "emily, babe, i'll see you in NYC" i could have made that up though. Wink

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jsgemini Mon May 31, 2010 7:49 am

tinkrella wrote:Don't forget "bingo baby..."not sure what episode in it's in though. I'm pretty sure that's the line. I really need to rewatch them all now.

I'm with you on this! I kinda always wondered if naming Booth such an odd name was like a little nod to X-Files. I remember watching X-Files and thinking 'What an weird first name that Mulder has. Who names their kid Fox?' Then Bones starts up and I find myself experiencing deja vu "What a weird name that Booth has. Who names their kid Seeley?' lol
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon May 31, 2010 7:56 am

tinkrella wrote:I think the baby thing in this seasons premier was david add libbing. It was so quiet and soft and I think he uses "babe" "baby" a lot when talking to women. I've heard him a few times in interviews say "babe." Seems like it's his favorite pet name. In the commentary in season one that they do together I'm pretty sure at the end he says "emily, babe, i'll see you in NYC" i could have made that up though. Wink

I think if I remember correctly, it was in the sides, it's actually what made a lot of people think those sides were fake ( and part of them was), Because Booth had never called Brennan "baby" in an emotional way before
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon May 31, 2010 7:58 am

treble21 wrote:
tinkrella wrote:I think the baby thing in this seasons premier was david add libbing. It was so quiet and soft and I think he uses "babe" "baby" a lot when talking to women. I've heard him a few times in interviews say "babe." Seems like it's his favorite pet name. In the commentary in season one that they do together I'm pretty sure at the end he says "emily, babe, i'll see you in NYC" i could have made that up though. Wink

I think if I remember correctly, it was in the sides, it's actually what made a lot of people think those sides were fake ( and part of them was), Because Booth had never called Brennan "baby" in an emotional way before

Really? good to know. i didn't even know what sides were then so i never read them. Perhaps it was a nod to the finale. He called her a few pet names in that I think. My personal favorite was bren. I just loved the way it rolled of his tongue.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon May 31, 2010 8:03 am

jsgemini wrote:

I'm with you on this! I kinda always wondered if naming Booth such an odd name was like a little nod to X-Files. I remember watching X-Files and thinking 'What an weird first name that Mulder has. Who names their kid Fox?' Then Bones starts up and I find myself experiencing deja vu "What a weird name that Booth has. Who names their kid Seeley?' lol

The one guy who works on bones also worked on the x-files...(i forget what his job is) they also film bones on the x-files old set (once it moved to LA) so it really wouldn't be shocking it it was a gentle nod. Fox sort of promoted bones like it was the x-files when it first came out playing off the whole FBI/Partner/girl/boy thing. It was the main reason i resisted watching it for so long. Once I started I realized it wasn't very similar at all. But the name thing kind of it and I love it. Booth even says to Cam, "don't call me seeley" Mulder said that a lot about "fox." Oh and booth's creepy office in the pilot?? Totally reminds me of Mulder's basement dungeon office.

Didn't David D. direct an episode of bones? That still is so funny to me.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon May 31, 2010 8:13 am

tinkrella wrote:
jsgemini wrote:

The one guy who works on bones also worked on the x-files...(i forget what his job is) they also film bones on the x-files old set (once it moved to LA) so it really wouldn't be shocking it it was a gentle nod. Fox sort of promoted bones like it was the x-files when it first came out playing off the whole FBI/Partner/girl/boy thing. It was the main reason i resisted watching it for so long. Once I started I realized it wasn't very similar at all. But the name thing kind of it and I love it. Booth even says to Cam, "don't call me seeley" Mulder said that a lot about "fox." Oh and booth's creepy office in the pilot?? Totally reminds me of Mulder's basement dungeon office.

yes. he directed my most favorite episode Judas on a pole cheers
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jsgemini Mon May 31, 2010 8:16 am

tinkrella wrote:
jsgemini wrote:

DD directed Judas On A Pole. DB had said in an interview that DD was supposed to maybe play in a future episode but that didn't happen. Don't forget The X In The File episode with guest star Dean Haglund aka Langly of the lone gunmen! (Maybe this was the future ep they wanted DD to play in if this was an episode they always wanted to do but held off until season 5.)
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon May 31, 2010 9:46 am

personally loved the x-files homage. i SO wish david and gillian would pop up in bones. not even as a cross over...just randomly. but sigh. she lives in england now. Neutral

I almost forgot he directed that episode. It must have been like going home to him b/c they spent many years on that fox lot.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by snoozy Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:13 pm

At the end of Yanks in the UK, they call each other "Sir Seeley" and Lady Temperance" - it's kind of cute but it sounds all wrong Laughing
snoozy
snoozy
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:48 pm

Sir Seeley. Yikes. I'd love to know where hart came up with that name. I've heard it's of biblical origin but not sure if that's true or not. (my catholic grandmother told me but she's like 95 years old Wink

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:34 am

tinkrella wrote:Sir Seeley. Yikes. I'd love to know where hart came up with that name. I've heard it's of biblical origin but not sure if that's true or not. (my catholic grandmother told me but she's like 95 years old Wink

My grandmother's name is Seeley, but spelled differently. So when I try to think of Bones romantically whispering his name during sex, it really creeps me out. Just not right. No
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:47 am

I knew a girl named seeley too! too funny. never heard it as a boys name before until this show.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jsgemini Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:53 am

I was bored so I looked up Seeley on babynamesworld.com to see what it meant. It actually was listed as a boys name:

Seeley is a surname derived from the Middle English word 'seely' (which means 'happy' or 'fortunate', from the Old English word 'sœlig'). There are many variant spellings. See also Seely.
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:50 am

A friend of my parents went by the name of Ceeley....but her full name was Cecelia.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:55 am

Isn't Booth's middle name Joseph because I think it was in Harbingers that when Sweets was declaring him fit for duty that Booth said, "I'm FBI agent Seeley Joseph Booth."
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:04 am

jro54 wrote:Isn't Booth's middle name Joseph because I think it was in Harbingers that when Sweets was declaring him fit for duty that Booth said, "I'm FBI agent Seeley Joseph Booth."

yes his middle name is Joseph, I can't remember for sure which episode it was stated in, but he did say his full name near the beginning of the season.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:35 pm

jsgemini wrote:

I'm with you on this! I kinda always wondered if naming Booth such an odd name was like a little nod to X-Files. I remember watching X-Files and thinking 'What an weird first name that Mulder has. Who names their kid Fox?' Then Bones starts up and I rofind myself experiencing deja vu "What a weird name that Booth has. Who names their kid Seeley?' lol

In the Pilot Booth makes a direct X-file reference by telling Brennan, "We'll be like Mulder & Scully." Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next