Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+18
olivia
i_heart_bones
MI_Bonesgirl
n2seeleybooth
SnoopGirl
sparklyshoes
a_rangergrl2
MoonlightGardenias
CanadianBones
crzy4bones
jjrobinson73
Nightowl
jhi1005
gordongordonfan
treble21
flyersfan35
DBCrazy
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: 5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by crzy4bones Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:31 pm

very beautifully put.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: 5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by DBCrazy Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:08 pm

crzy4bones wrote:
treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
treble21 wrote:go Cam! although I feel I must say, just based on looks alone, she can do better..... the baseball talk is annoying.
Yeah...they should definitely be talking about playoff hockey...

much more intresting!

and with Booth being a hockey fan...but alas hockey isn't shown on Fox but Baseball is....sick of these shows being used as advertisements for everything...
lol! You northerners are too funny with your hockey!!

One night, one stinking night on the show and they use baseball metaphors Very Happy which a southern girl like me can understand and yous guys have issues with it!!!! Razz I just love it! Laughing
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:12 pm

I loved that bit at the end about the Led Zeppelin concert in '07. What's so cool about Booth wanting to go to it soo bad is that DB was actually there! He listed it in one of his interviews as the best concert he's ever seen.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:21 pm

I really like this episode. BB almost seemed back to normal. Brennan's bringing up Catherine so much was her way of verifying to herself that she made the right decision. I don't think she will be able to resolve her romantic feelings for Booth. Booth also appeared to be going through the motions with Catherine and is Brennan with Hacker. Booth seemed to be trying to understand Brennan somewhat this episode. There singing duo was good and I very much liked the ending. Next episode looks good too.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by sparklyshoes Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:06 pm

It's probbaly been said earlier in the thread, but how good was the Hot Blooded scene?? I was a bit disappointed at the lack of singing at first, but then Emily did thay massive dip at the end, with an unmistakeably "Emily" grin and it became of of my fave scenes of the season.

And the end! The "our partnership means so much to me" ahhh, we're building to something, folks. I can feel it in my, er, bones!

sparklyshoes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 111
Say What You Want : "I want to punch the writers sometimes"
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:08 pm

crzy4bones wrote:
treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
treble21 wrote:go Cam! although I feel I must say, just based on looks alone, she can do better..... the baseball talk is annoying.

much more intresting!

and with Booth being a hockey fan...but alas hockey isn't shown on Fox but Baseball is....sick of these shows being used as advertisements for everything...
Haha, true. Oh...GO FLYERS! lol, sorry...I couldn't help it...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:12 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:

much more intresting!

lol! You northerners are too funny with your hockey!!

One night, one stinking night on the show and they use baseball metaphors Very Happy which a southern girl like me can understand and yous guys have issues with it!!!! Razz I just love it! Laughing
You're silly. I didn't mind the baseball references...but when treble said something, I just had to bring up hockey, of course...you know me! Besides, baseball deserves to be brought up...after all, we had a whole hockey episode...which rocked, btw! lol

And the south has hockey too...lol excited
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:30 pm

Cathy gave Booth a tie after only the second date. Shades of stalker Pam and her socks! Run Booth, run!
I disagree. Booth is dating Cathy. Pam was a stalking lunatic part of a murder investigation. Booth/Cathy have a mutual interest in each other. Booth/Pam did not.
I think a dolphin tie was a cute present.

I think Brennan should buy Booth a tie with skeletons on it cheers

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by n2seeleybooth Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:02 pm

"Cathy gave Booth a tie after only the second date. Shades of stalker Pam and her socks! Run Booth, run"

I agree it seems very early in the relationship for gift giving, Booth told Brennen they had only been out twice. Reminds me of the Beatles song "money(ties) can't buy me love"
n2seeleybooth
n2seeleybooth
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Say What You Want : Life is good
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:40 pm

DBCrazy wrote: lol! You northerners are too funny with your hockey!!

Hmm...I lived in PA for 9 years, now live in VA for the last 8...but don't consider myself either Northern or Southern...LOL! I am originially from CO LOL! I don't like neither hockey or baseball...I'm more of a NASCAR gal. LOL! Maybe Booth and Brennan can investigate a dead body found in the Talladega infield. LOL! Booth likes fast cars...and Fox shows NASCAR Smile

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:53 pm

I loved, loved LOVED this ep. I see everyone here is in disagreement with me-but I LOVE baseball. My 3 favorite things in an hours time-Bones, baseball, and music. Oh and DB. Ok my 4 favorite things! Doesn't get much better than that. Only problem was Brennan constantly "picking" at the metaphorical Catfish scab. Brennan, sweetie, STFU about Catfish-out of sight out of mind for us! That dip Brennan did while singing-when she leaned up against Booth? That was hot. I feel after this week we might finally be on the upswing of getting back some normalcy between B&B.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat May 01, 2010 12:14 am

crzy4bones wrote:
DBCrazy wrote: lol! You northerners are too funny with your hockey!!

Hmm...I lived in PA for 9 years, now live in VA for the last 8...but don't consider myself either Northern or Southern...LOL! I am originially from CO LOL! I don't like neither hockey or baseball...I'm more of a NASCAR gal. LOL! Maybe Booth and Brennan can investigate a dead body found in the Talladega infield. LOL! Booth likes fast cars...and Fox shows NASCAR Smile
hey hey hey! I'd take a NASCAR episode, for sure!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat May 01, 2010 12:19 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I loved, loved LOVED this ep. I see everyone here is in disagreement with me-but I LOVE baseball. My 3 favorite things in an hours time-Bones, baseball, and music. Oh and DB. Ok my 4 favorite things! Doesn't get much better than that. Only problem was Brennan constantly "picking" at the metaphorical Catfish scab. Brennan, sweetie, STFU about Catfish-out of sight out of mind for us! That dip Brennan did while singing-when she leaned up against Booth? That was hot. I feel after this week we might finally be on the upswing of getting back some normalcy between B&B.

LOL the only one in disagreement with you about the baseball is me Wink it seems everyone else was either ok with it or loved it.... I just can't help it, I'm canadian, baseball is not our thing. The point about Catherine is that while she may be out of sight out of mind for us, she clearly isn't for Brennan. I'm too lazy to type out why, but there is a great post on the previous page by a_rangergrl2 that details the reasons 2Tup
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sat May 01, 2010 12:22 am

Was looking forward to Cam getting a love interest, and I really enjoyed seeing this side of her.
Really liked Cam and Brennan bonding, don't get to see that too often!
DB and ED looked really good in this episode, DB's hair looked delicious!
Looks like Brennan is having more trouble with Booth dating than Booth is with Brennan dating, well at least Brennan is being more obvious about showing it...

And I love that DB actually went to that Led Zeppelin concert in 07 [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

"I'd die for you partner"... [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Sat May 01, 2010 12:44 am

After watching 2 times, I have decided I am liking this episode! First of all, Brennan is now showing her own form of jealousy. She just can't stop focusing on Catherine. And that converstaion with cam was just SO telling. She just doesn't feel anything for Hacker ("not like Booth").

I was also a huge fan of the Hungry Hungry Hippos joke- go Arastoo!

My one questions is WTF is up with Sweets lately? Is it just me or is he being completely awkward? Examples: 1) swooning over his memory of the girl in highschool at the end of DotQB 2) telling the kids in PitP that there was a murder and 3) falling all over the rocker in the interrogation room. It's like he is just off his groove!

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat May 01, 2010 12:49 am

treble21 wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I loved, loved LOVED this ep. I see everyone here is in disagreement with me-but I LOVE baseball. My 3 favorite things in an hours time-Bones, baseball, and music. Oh and DB. Ok my 4 favorite things! Doesn't get much better than that. Only problem was Brennan constantly "picking" at the metaphorical Catfish scab. Brennan, sweetie, STFU about Catfish-out of sight out of mind for us! That dip Brennan did while singing-when she leaned up against Booth? That was hot. I feel after this week we might finally be on the upswing of getting back some normalcy between B&B.

LOL the only one in disagreement with you about the baseball is me Wink it seems everyone else was either ok with it or loved it.... I just can't help it, I'm canadian, baseball is not our thing. The point about Catherine is that while she may be out of sight out of mind for us, she clearly isn't for Brennan. I'm too lazy to type out why, but there is a great post on the previous page by a_rangergrl2 that details the reasons 2Tup

Oh I know why Brennan mentioned Catfish as much as she did. It's her way of showing her insecurity and jealousy by making it look like she's overly happy for Booth. I would rather just forget about her LOL. I kinda wish Booth would just tell her "Look, you don't need to be jealous. If you want me, I'm yours." Point blank. THAT would be priceless and I'd love to see Brennan's reaction LOL
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Sat May 01, 2010 1:19 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
treble21 wrote:

Oh I know why Brennan mentioned Catfish as much as she did. It's her way of showing her insecurity and jealousy by making it look like she's overly happy for Booth. I would rather just forget about her LOL. I kinda wish Booth would just tell her "Look, you don't need to be jealous. If you want me, I'm yours." Point blank. THAT would be priceless and I'd love to see Brennan's reaction LOL

^ I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't want to see that! Very Happy

This whole Brennan going on about Catherine is total misdirection - something which Sweets should totally pick up on. No, Sweets - she isn't taking Booth's dating well! Hello?!? She's overcompinsating! facesmack

I did like the moment at the end when she told Booth how important their partnership was to her: a moment of seriousness amid the companionship chatting. Very nice.

Sidenote: I wanted Booth to hit the rock star anyway. I love protective, Alpha male-ish Booth! Super hot.

Looking forward to next week!
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat May 01, 2010 1:35 am

Maybe it was just me and I'm interpreting it the wrong way but when Brennan commented on the tie and said he had entered a social contract with Catherine, did Booth seem at all surprised to you guys? I don't know, I mean I guess it's obvious that he is trying his best to have a good time with her and all and that's great, but it almost seemed like Brennan's comment made him realize that it was a bit more serious than he was thinking. You don't just give someone something out of the blue if you don't like a person.

Sweets has to pick up on the fact Brennan is overcompensating, right? He has to.

Also, I really did like the ending. The banter is back but it's still different before. I love that Booth isn't just letting go of the way he feels for her. Granted he's not trying to convince her to change her mind the way some of us might like but think about it. "I'd die for you, partner." You don't say that to someone you don't love, at least in some capacity. They're letting each other know how much they care without actually coming out and saying the words. Pretty cool and frustrating at the same time.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sat May 01, 2010 4:02 am

I kinda liked the epi. It felt like something was missing though, can't put my finger on what, but except from that it was an OK epi.

It's so clear Brennan is trying too hard to be OK with Booth dating Catfish. And the "slip" when she said she didn't like Hacker the way she likes Booth...I was like "HA! Got ya!!" when she said that. bounce

Another interesting thing is that Booth becomes irritated with Brennan always bringing up Catfish. If he was really interested in her (Catfish i.e.) he wouldn't have minded IMO, so that plus the fact that he "destroyed" the Catfish tie (I've learned from male friends that tiing a tie like he did with the one he got from Catfish is like tie sacrilege) doesn't make me too worried abt Catfish coming in between those two.

I liked the scene between Cam and Michelle at the Jeffersonian. Cam become the "daughter" and Michelle acted like the insightful "mother". Smile

The scene at the Diner when Brennan talked abt how a man can become "one-balled" (excuse my English) and the facial expressions on Sweets and Booth's faces was funny. But hey, what's up with Sweets? I mean did he really buy that Brennan was all fine with the dating thing?

And I liked that Brennan actually used a sport metaphor...something she wouldn't have been able to earier. A proof she's "developed" as a "social being". Smile

I loved the last scene. The looks were back! If looks could talk... Those looks they gave each other said a lot IMO. Too bad Brennan had to ruin it by bringing up Hacker, but I guess she might have become a bit scared/uncomfortable when they looked at each other for so long without saying anything. Wink

When Booth said "A die-for-you-partner" that to me was a pretty clear "I love you" tell of his. Wink But I wonder if that line could be a hint for an epi to come? confused
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sat May 01, 2010 4:07 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:Maybe it was just me and I'm interpreting it the wrong way but when Brennan commented on the tie and said he had entered a social contract with Catherine, did Booth seem at all surprised to you guys? I don't know, I mean I guess it's obvious that he is trying his best to have a good time with her and all and that's great, but it almost seemed like Brennan's comment made him realize that it was a bit more serious than he was thinking. You don't just give someone something out of the blue if you don't like a person.
You weren't the only one. I thought the same thing! Smile Maybe that's why he tied the tie around his head, as a way to show that he wasn't too keen on that social contract?... confused
MoonlightGardenias wrote:
Sweets has to pick up on the fact Brennan is overcompensating, right? He has to.
I 2nd that!!
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sat May 01, 2010 4:11 am

i_heart_bones wrote: DB's hair looked delicious!
It did, didn't it!? Very Happy
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat May 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Just to back up a little here...
flyersfan35 wrote:I know I've said this before, but it's pretty sad that it's just us here. Especially when there are plenty of people online. It used to be that people couldn't wait to sit by their computers while watching... Sad
The King and I have talked about this a few times--we're struggled through our Inkslingers since the 100th and I'm sure he'll bring it up eventually--but the end scene (aka The Scene) sucked some of it out of people. I don't know when the drop off here started, I only come by after I write and post my IS...but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wasn't connected to the long hiatus or the end of #100.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sat May 01, 2010 6:39 pm

Bonesicted wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote: DB's hair looked delicious!
It did, didn't it!? Very Happy

Glad someone else noticed!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sun May 02, 2010 4:37 am

I'll have to watch again to view the hair to give it a fresh perspective (It's a sacrifice but I guess I can manage to do it!) [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

My first impression was watching was that his hair looked way too light for him when compared to usual (And I prefer the darker DB)... but I'm willing to re-examine! :-)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana_Flavia Sun May 02, 2010 8:16 am

I really liked that we got to see Brennan being all I-don't-care-who-you-are-we-are-questioning-you-right-now, unplugging the guitar player. I like it when she's that bold.

Brennan is terribly jealous, but I don't think she realizes that. She's far too rational to admit she's feeling something as irrational as jealousy. And she slipped with the whole "I like him, just not like Booth" thing. Cam noticed (and how great was she in this episode! She finally has a date!) I really enjoyed the way she switched to rational-speech when talking to Brennan.

Baseball talk annoyed me a little bit. And we didn't really see much of Angela. that's always sad.

"Hot Blooded" was fantastic. Booth was all dorky and crazy, and Brennan was surprisingly loose. She was actually enjoying herself. ED was all adorable as always and DB, well, he was hot as always.

The ending scene was bittersweet. Kind of sad, but slightly hopeful. The seriousness of Brennan's tone when she talked about their partnership was just... painful, in a way. I just kept waiting for her to hold up her hand and touch his face, but that would never, in a million years happen.

Ana_Flavia

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4