Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+18
olivia
i_heart_bones
MI_Bonesgirl
n2seeleybooth
SnoopGirl
sparklyshoes
a_rangergrl2
MoonlightGardenias
CanadianBones
crzy4bones
jjrobinson73
Nightowl
jhi1005
gordongordonfan
treble21
flyersfan35
DBCrazy
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by 192630 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:48 am

flyersfan35 wrote:
treble21 wrote:and also I feel like I should add, the brennan hate is not a spoiler I swear Smile The hate is purely due to the 100th. It just comes up a lot in speculation convo's
That just drives me crazy. But I never said I understood people...

I don't understand the Brennan hate. I think Brennan character is the most difficult. Emily does an excellent job.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:48 am

flyersfan35 wrote:
treble21 wrote:can canadians win the new york mega millions lottery? cause I can use 250 million dollars.......
Even a Pennsylvanian can't win it...unless they drive to NY to buy a ticket...lol

Oh I'm willing to drive there to buy the ticket, it's far but it isn't that far.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:49 am

192630 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
treble21 wrote:and also I feel like I should add, the brennan hate is not a spoiler I swear Smile The hate is purely due to the 100th. It just comes up a lot in speculation convo's

I don't understand the Brennan hate. I think Brennan character is the most difficult. Emily does an excellent job.
Hi...192630! And I agree!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:50 am

treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
treble21 wrote:can canadians win the new york mega millions lottery? cause I can use 250 million dollars.......
Even a Pennsylvanian can't win it...unless they drive to NY to buy a ticket...lol

Oh I'm willing to drive there to buy the ticket, it's far but it isn't that far.
It's not that far for me either...only about 3 hours. But I bought a ticket for ours last week that was for 252 million...but I didn't win...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:50 am

Okay, should my idiot neighbor really be playing the effin' drums during Bones????????????????
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:52 am

192630 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:

Some people prefer to think that she's a completely different character than she actually is. I personally think she's being written pretty much in character, there have been a couple of moments that I think may have been a little much ( "oh I'm sorry is this too hard for you?") but that doesn't mean I bemoan the character as a whole.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:52 am

flyersfan35 wrote:Okay, should my idiot neighbor really be playing the effin' drums during Bones????????????????

OMG that's understandable murder!!
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:53 am

treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:Okay, should my idiot neighbor really be playing the effin' drums during Bones????????????????

OMG that's understandable murder!!
I KNOW!! omg, I hate living here!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:55 am

Hehe...I loved that exchange between Cam and Michelle...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:55 am

flyersfan35 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:

It's not that far for me either...only about 3 hours. But I bought a ticket for ours last week that was for 252 million...but I didn't win...

we have a 50 million cap on ours then it's basically a must go ( anything over 50 mill gets doled out into multiple 1 million dollar prizes, so sometimes they can have 1 50 mill prize and 10 1 million dollar prizes) Although we don't have to pay taxes on the initial lottery win either..... so it probably works out.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:56 am

Perhaps he has a power play...lmao! Or a hat trick...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:56 am

treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:

we have a 50 million cap on ours then it's basically a must go ( anything over 50 mill gets doled out into multiple 1 million dollar prizes, so sometimes they can have 1 50 mill prize and 10 1 million dollar prizes) Although we don't have to pay taxes on the initial lottery win either..... so it probably works out.
Interesting. Though one guy won the last one...lucky bastard.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:57 am

she's gonna unplug him again...

I was wrong...but she should have...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:59 am

flickball
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:59 am

Aww...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:00 am

Nightowl wrote:flickball
Mr G! Are you bored??
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:00 am

Nightowl wrote:flickball

quick run!! before you get spoiled!!
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:01 am

flyersfan35 wrote:Aww...

cute ending right? I liked that the banter was back.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:02 am

treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:Aww...

cute ending right? I liked that the banter was back.
Yep!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:32 am

Ok...my synopsis of the show...I LIKED it!!

It was much better done then all the episodes since the 100th. It actually felt like some of their chemsitry was back. And them singing and that little move Brennan did while Booth was singing....it was just great. Even them talking about Fish and Hacker wasn't that bad. I thought I would get sick...but...it was ok.

So, I have to say...while i have not been a brennan hater....(I LOOOOOVVVEEE ED!) I have felt that BOTH character...Brennan and Booth have been WAY off since the 100th. And, I hope they keep getting their grove back for the rest of the season! This episode was more in line with their chemistry...with some UST peaking through!!!

Ok...I am off to the spoilers board.

Glad to see we have our show starting to come back!!

Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:25 pm

treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
treble21 wrote:go Cam! although I feel I must say, just based on looks alone, she can do better..... the baseball talk is annoying.
Yeah...they should definitely be talking about playoff hockey...

much more intresting!

and with Booth being a hockey fan...but alas hockey isn't shown on Fox but Baseball is....sick of these shows being used as advertisements for everything...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:33 pm

I have 28 minutes before the episode. I missing the Sharks game, but I missed Bones last week. Can't go two weeks without it. I can hardly wait. I'm glad that the chemistry is back.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:41 pm

jjrobinson73 wrote:
So, I have to say...while i have not been a brennan hater....(I LOOOOOVVVEEE ED!) I have felt that BOTH character...Brennan and Booth have been WAY off since the 100th. And, I hope they keep getting their grove back for the rest of the season! This episode was more in line with their chemistry...with some UST peaking through!!!

Ok...I am off to the spoilers board.

Glad to see we have our show starting to come back!!

Jenn

Well yes their characters have been off...they had a very emotional moment in their 'interpersonal relationship' as Sweets would call it. Booth told her he wanted to give them a try, Brennan said no. I think it is natural for B&B to have had the somewhat awkward moments since then as their are trying to figure out how to act around each other. I think they are just trying to find ground on which they can be comfortable with each other again, even though they are moving on (or at least trying too Wink ) and the ease at which they talk to each other about their non work lives improved a lot this week and they seemed a little more back to normal. I think it would've been weird if they had just acted like nothing had happened.

On another note. Angela and Hodgins have been apart and Ange has dated and then did her celibacy thing and H&A seem to kinda be realizing that maybe they might still have something - I'm getting that vibe from them. So to me this B&B dating other people thing is kinda almost like H&A, they have to be apart to kinda see what they miss.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:07 pm

This isn't my favorite episode this season but I don't think it's my least favorite either.

It's really interesting that Brennan seemed intent on bringing Catherine up again and again, and yet she didn't appear to truly be jealous. Maybe she's just trying to get a feel for how serious their relationship is? Also, I'm really hoping we'll get something soon that indicates Booth broke it off with her. Either that, or (and please don't kill me for saying this) that we'll see her again. I just say that because for them to just say things like "Oh, how was your date with Catherine?" or "We had dinner last night. It was a great time." without actually seeing her gets old really fast.

Also, does Brennan not seem interested at all in Hacker to you guys? I mean, that scene with Cam pretty much summed it up. She might like him, but certainly not in a seemingly romantic way.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:15 pm

ROFLMAO – testicular humor, ‘nuff said.

Cam/Michelle awesomeness; this was totally a role reversal for the two of them. Cam’s been left on the sidelines the last couple of eps, but the writers do a great job here of bringing her off of the bench and into the game.

Our resident Muslim plays the all American Sport - got the point guys. Don’t need to keep trying to educate us ignorant and insensitive Americans. HH you are teetering on the insulting. Still – we got the “it’s just fun to hit things” line from it.

My jury is still out on Cam’s man.

Cathy gave Booth a tie after only the second date. Shades of stalker Pam and her socks! Run Booth, run!

Booth wanting to hang out at camp, boys just wanna have fun. See “it’s just fun to hit things.”

Booth & Brennan – here’s where it pays to actually watch the entire episode and not take even clips out of context. Brennan is not overcompensating here and she’s not being insensitive. Quite the contrary, she’s looking for reassurance that she did the right thing not for herself but for Booth. And she’s looking for that reassurance in the reactions from two people who possess personal and professional people skills superior to her own and have both demonstrated a desire to look out for Booth’s best interest in the past. It’s their reactions that tell her yes she’s doing the right thing or no she’s not. And she can’t talk to them directly about it, because that would require that she share something that was between him and her breaking the what’s ours is ours rule. In Rocker both Sweet’s and Cam’s reactions here validate her actions; although, that wasn’t really Cam’s intent. And Brennan’s reminder to Booth that the last time they sang that song he nearly died reflects how that fear of being the reason that he is somehow hurt isn’t far from her mind. She’s also not suffering from self esteem issues; she simply knows what she’s good at and what she’s not good at.

And Rocker puts into perspective some things that happened in Predator. Brennan pointing out she wasn’t interested in having sex with Hacker isn’t because she has come to identify sex with love, but because she knows he does. It wasn’t designed on her part to be insensitive, quite the contrary. Even their elevator conversation she’s quick to point out that Booth is more attractive than Hacker and the fact that Booth had indicated to her in the past that he viewed him as a doofas was also a plus in her book. She’s entered into a social contract with a man that she has reason to believe that Booth would not find any real threat to his masculinity.

Waiting for a light bulb to go off for Brennan realizing that she loves Booth? Waiting for a light bulb to go off for Brennan realizing what saying no to him is costing her? Don’t. She knows she loves him; he’s the most important person in her life. Although she still hasn’t moved over into understanding what being in love with is. But that’s not a light bulb moment – that’s a gradual realization that only comes through experiencing that kind of relationship. Something she won’t commit to. And I think she more than knows what she is missing out on. But Brennan, who is much less obtuse that she appears, also knows that in order to be functional in the kind of relationship that Booth wants, she’d have to confront those abandonment and intimacy issues that she’s spent her entire life running from. Just as Booth knew his gambling issues would damage any possibility of a healthy relationship with her six years ago. But we also have this new fear that she has developed over the last few years. The fear of hurting him and “never being able to look at herself the same way again”, it’s grown to the point that it now rivals that other fear. We aren’t waiting for her to realize that she didn’t make the right decision for herself. We are waiting for her to confront that he’s not ok, that she didn’t do the right thing for him. And then she has to decide what she is the most afraid of. We are waiting for her “I’d do anything to help Booth” statement to Gordon-Gordon to be put to the test. And judging by Booth’s reaction to Brennan’s social contract with Hacker, he’s no way close to moving on.
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next