Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ REVIEWS

4 posters

Go down

5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ REVIEWS Empty 5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ REVIEWS

Post by DBCrazy Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:49 am

Come here and let us know where to go read what they're saying about this episode.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ REVIEWS Empty Re: 5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ REVIEWS

Post by bugaboo628 Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:14 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

"Hot Blooded" starts up while Booth and Brennan are crashing a band camp jam session, and Brennan can't say no when Booth says it's their song, even though she points out he was almost killed the last time they sang it. When he jumps up on stage and starts to sing, she picks up a guitar! Booth: "You play the guitar?!" Brennan: "Well, I play the akonting, the folk lute of the Jola tribe, but the guitar is not dissimilar." Apparently not!
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ REVIEWS Empty Re: 5x19 ~ The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle ~ REVIEWS

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 01, 2010 6:52 am

In this episode, Booth and Brennan rocked the place while investigating (see picture above for proof), Cam found a gynecologist for Michelle, while Arastoo compared everything and anything to baseball!
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 01, 2010 6:53 am

Seeleybaby's review!

Social contracts; that’s what the kids are calling it these days, I guess. But seriously…you know, the show breaks my heart in just teeny little ways sometimes, like little paper cuts. For example, Booth’s tie with dolphins on it; yes, Catherine is a marine biologist, so it is clever, but dolphins…I mean, those are Brennan’s thing, right? Her mother’s belt buckle, the figurine from Max. Breaking my heart, Bones writers; breaking my heart. But it’s mended with a Hot Blooded sing-along, and I loved that Booth called it ‘their song’.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 01, 2010 6:53 am

Mild spoilers if you didn't watch the promo for next week!

I debated titling this recap “Testicle Festival,” but since we never found out what caused the victim — a rich poser at a rock & roll fantasy camp, murdered by a fellow camper — to have a prosthetic gonad, it didn’t feel right.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 01, 2010 6:54 am

Also, we continued to see Brennan’s reaction to Booth dating Catherine. Predictably, she tried to be cool and rational about it, but that was clearly a defense mechanism. At heart, I think Brennan feels very strongly about Booth but for now is incapable of acknowledging or expressing those feelings. We’ll have to see how the usual season-ending shakeup affects her.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 01, 2010 6:54 am

Hotel sheets are usually pretty clean, but when a dead body is in the hotel washing machine’s rinse cycle, that’s going to put a crimp in the old hygienics. The victim on Bones, it turns out, was a rock climbing thrill seeker with one testicle. Brennan is as fascinated by the burgeoning relationship between Booth and Catherine Bryar, the marine biologist as she is by the case, which, of course, gets under Booth’s skin no end. (To his credit, Sweets finds it all “interesting.” Of course he does.) Saroyan finds a second, prosthetic testicle, and with the serial number comes an ID on the body: Richard Cole. Mr. Cole, it seems, was big on going to fantasy camps for his birthday every year. This year: a Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp at the very hotel where his body was found. Booth is, needless to say, beyond excited.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 01, 2010 6:55 am

I expect more out both the character and the show. Bones was — and will continue to be — one of the best procedurals on television today. I’ve been a big fan of the way that the characters have been developed over the five-plus seasons that we’ve known them (especially Sweets, with considerably less screen time overall). I can’t deny, though, that I’ve been disappointed in the direction that they’ve taken with the show’s namesake this season.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 01, 2010 7:26 am

What more could you ask if you're a fan: Bones and Booth up at the microphone, tie (that Catherine gave him) wrapped around his head, Bones playing guitar, and both belting out Hot Blooded. Bones even leans down, over, and up to the microphone, right next to Booth, in what was in many ways the hottest scene between them in the series. Long live sex and rock 'n' roll!
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat May 01, 2010 7:27 am

Put this episode on repeat, because in case you missed it, the Bones episode, “The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle,” is full of brief, yet very important, Booth and Brennan goodies, some rather disgusting remains, and a fantasy camp murder mystery!
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Mon May 03, 2010 10:22 am

What sticks out in my mind is how Brennan looks at Booth when she tells him that their partnership is very important to her. He agrees saying it's the kind of partnership where one would die for the other. I hope it won't come to that again. Interestingly they sing the song "Hot Blooded". The last time they sang that song, Booth got shot. Is that a hint to something?
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon May 03, 2010 10:25 am

bugaboo628 wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

What sticks out in my mind is how Brennan looks at Booth when she tells him that their partnership is very important to her. He agrees saying it's the kind of partnership where one would die for the other. I hope it won't come to that again. Interestingly they sing the song "Hot Blooded". The last time they sang that song, Booth got shot. Is that a hint to something?

I have to wonder if these reviewers actually watch the shows.... Booth got shot the last time they sang that song? really? cause I'm pretty sure he didn't. He got blown up by a refrigerator ( and that sounds so soap opera like that it makes me smile to write it.)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon May 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Haha what idiots!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down