Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cliqueclack's review on "Rocker in the Rinse Cycle"

3 posters

Go down

Cliqueclack's review on "Rocker in the Rinse Cycle" Empty Cliqueclack's review on "Rocker in the Rinse Cycle"

Post by geraghtyvl Mon May 03, 2010 11:00 am

Discussion on the direction of Brennan's character in season 5..

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Cliqueclack's review on "Rocker in the Rinse Cycle" Empty Re: Cliqueclack's review on "Rocker in the Rinse Cycle"

Post by Lyanna Stark Mon May 03, 2010 2:57 pm

I agree totally with this... well, I'm not sold on the bit about B and B getting together in some way by the finale, but otherwise I agree.

I miss S1-3 Brennan, for her kick-butt gutsy-ness, her deadpan, witty humor, and even for her style of hair/dress (I have trouble imagining S5 Brennan whipping out those karate moves should she ever need them again). I recognize that this is all personal preference, though, as a lot of people like Brennan's softer look, occasionally silly behavior, and hugely exaggerated social incompetence. The show has been unabashedly hamming up the "comedy" angle in the last couple of seasons, and apparently it's working, going by the ratings, although I'll admit I miss the tension, suspense, and sheer gravitas of earlier episodes like "Graft in the Girl", "Woman in Limbo", the Epps episodes, the Gormogon episodes, Aliens in the Spaceship, and "The Verdict in the Story." The changes in Brennan reflect this switch to comedy, but I miss her in-your-face strength and dedication to justice. Sometimes I try to imagine Brennan with some of her old fire in more recent situations... for example, I can't imagine a S1-3 Brennan actually thanking Cam for saying she's good at doing what she's told, like she does in Proof in the Pudding. I understand that many perceive Brennan's current characterization as growth, but I find myself missing the fierceness and passion that made me fall in love with her, and that convinced me that she and Booth were equals, and would be perfect together.

Lyanna Stark
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Cliqueclack's review on "Rocker in the Rinse Cycle" Empty Re: Cliqueclack's review on "Rocker in the Rinse Cycle"

Post by Ankuuh Tue May 11, 2010 7:25 am

Lyanna Stark wrote:I agree totally with this... well, I'm not sold on the bit about B and B getting together in some way by the finale, but otherwise I agree.

I miss S1-3 Brennan, for her kick-butt gutsy-ness, her deadpan, witty humor, and even for her style of hair/dress (I have trouble imagining S5 Brennan whipping out those karate moves should she ever need them again). I recognize that this is all personal preference, though, as a lot of people like Brennan's softer look, occasionally silly behavior, and hugely exaggerated social incompetence. The show has been unabashedly hamming up the "comedy" angle in the last couple of seasons, and apparently it's working, going by the ratings, although I'll admit I miss the tension, suspense, and sheer gravitas of earlier episodes like "Graft in the Girl", "Woman in Limbo", the Epps episodes, the Gormogon episodes, Aliens in the Spaceship, and "The Verdict in the Story." The changes in Brennan reflect this switch to comedy, but I miss her in-your-face strength and dedication to justice. Sometimes I try to imagine Brennan with some of her old fire in more recent situations... for example, I can't imagine a S1-3 Brennan actually thanking Cam for saying she's good at doing what she's told, like she does in Proof in the Pudding. I understand that many perceive Brennan's current characterization as growth, but I find myself missing the fierceness and passion that made me fall in love with her, and that convinced me that she and Booth were equals, and would be perfect together.

I am 100 % agreeing with this. I miss the fire Brennan once had before they went more comical. I not always see that as a sign of growth more as focussing on the comical and not having the place for her to be that fierce in there again. For me I have the feeling that they focus more on her social inabillity than they did before.
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down