Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x18 ~ The Predator in the Pool ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+20
mom2mnb
bones_fanatic19
jcn747
ReginaPhalange
Bonesicted
MoonlightGardenias
recoveringbonesaddict
Meegs82
i_heart_bones
djackio
MI_Bonesgirl
SnoopGirl
jjrobinson73
tinkrella
jhi1005
TNBones
treble21
flyersfan35
olivia
DBCrazy
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

5x18 ~ The Predator in the Pool ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x18 ~ The Predator in the Pool ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:03 am

jhi1005 wrote:I thought the whole scene between them in the aquarium was played well-she puts it out there to call her sometime, and Booth almost walks away, and you can see him pause, look back and make a decision to ask her, and it's cute, but also shows his struggle.
Exactly.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

5x18 ~ The Predator in the Pool ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: 5x18 ~ The Predator in the Pool ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by TNBones Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:09 am

I was glad that they got together after their dates at the FF, but it was awkward. It's like they don't know how to talk to each other without flirting. It's like a whole new kind of tension that I hope breaks soon!
TNBones
TNBones
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 25
Say What You Want : Nothing happens unless first a dream.
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:09 am

flyersfan35 wrote:
jhi1005 wrote:I thought the whole scene between them in the aquarium was played well-she puts it out there to call her sometime, and Booth almost walks away, and you can see him pause, look back and make a decision to ask her, and it's cute, but also shows his struggle.
Exactly.

you're a flyers fan? go flyers they are kicking major ass Very Happy Very Happy

Did you guys see the promo? i missed it. was it interesting? any catherine/hacker stuff?

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by TNBones Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:11 am

tinkrella wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
Exactly.

Did you guys see the promo? i missed it. was it interesting? any catherine/hacker stuff?

Yeah I saw it, but I think we have to keep that stuff in the Spoiler forum. Looks like a happy one though.
TNBones
TNBones
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 25
Say What You Want : Nothing happens unless first a dream.
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:11 am

TNBones wrote:I was glad that they got together after their dates at the FF, but it was awkward. It's like they don't know how to talk to each other without flirting. It's like a whole new kind of tension that I hope breaks soon!

yeah awkward is the best description of the episode, but really after the 100th how else was it gonna be? I don't think it's gonna last that long though.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:11 am

tinkrella wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
Exactly.

Why yes...yes they are! A win is so much sweeter against the sucky devils...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:12 am

tinkrella wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
Exactly.

tink come to the spoiler thread and I'll let you know what happened in the preview
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jhi1005 Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:12 am

It's funny, because if it wasn't awkward I'd be aggravated because it would be unrealistic with all that has occurred since the 100th, but it crushes my heart a little to see the chemistry so off. Although, they do have a chemistry even when they are awkward, so props to DB and ED, cause they pull it off.

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:12 am

TNBones wrote:I was glad that they got together after their dates at the FF, but it was awkward. It's like they don't know how to talk to each other without flirting. It's like a whole new kind of tension that I hope breaks soon!
I agree...I feel awkward just watching it...lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:13 am

I don't know if I like this or not. I was on the spoilers last night and some of our friends said it was ok. I just dunno. I didn't like the fact that Booth had to point out that Brennan was still smiling about her date with Hacker. What in the world does she see in him?

I hope next weeks episode brings back some of the UST that is SORELY missing . I don't like the "jealous" Brennan. B/c, yes, she is jealous...but she is also clueless too...and I don't like that about her. I like her like she was PRE 100th. UGH!!!

Jenn

Last edited by jjrobinson73 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:15 am

jhi1005 wrote:It's funny, because if it wasn't awkward I'd be aggravated because it would be unrealistic with all that has occurred since the 100th, but it crushes my heart a little to see the chemistry so off. Although, they do have a chemistry even when they are awkward, so props to DB and ED, cause they pull it off.

I agree!! Only DB and ED can do this...but I want it fixed because the chemistry needs to be back!! I miss it. I don't care if it the UST...I just want it back.

Maybe this is HH's trick. Make it so bad we want everything to back to the staus quoe. (Spelling.)

Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:47 am

flyersfan35 wrote:I love sweets...
Me too cheers

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:56 am

I hated this episode. Absolutely hated it. Literally all I could manage was ew. Ugh. Gross. Blech. Ew. And an AWWW when Booth told Brennan she is the standard. I get the fall out from the 100th and know it has to be that way and it won't be all puppies and rainbows but I really hope this is the only ep they pull the 3rd party stuff. That being said I'm really looking forward to next week and the last 4 episodes. I think if we could make it through the 100th and tonight we can handle anything they throw at us
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by djackio Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:08 pm

I loved today's ep. If only for the last scene. Emily does such a great job of Brennan trying to put on a good face when it's clear it pains her that he is doing as he said he would and trying to move on.
djackio
djackio
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Brilliant ep.
As much as it pains me to see Booth fraternising with another woman...I think I can deal with the Hacker thing because i don't see him as a threat...
They both did such a good job though of attempting to put on a front, but you could clearly see the pain they're both in.
Loved Brennans face when Hodgela were sharing that moment!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:17 pm

jjrobinson73 wrote:I don't know if I like this or not. I was on the spoilers last night and some of our friends said it was ok. I just dunno. I didn't like the fact that Booth had to point out that Brennan was still smiling about her date with Hacker. What in the world does she see in him?

Spoiler:
I hope next weeks episode brings back some of the UST that is SORELY missing . I don't like the "jealous" Brennan. B/c, yes, she is jealous...but she is also clueless too...and I don't like that about her. I like her like she was PRE 100th. UGH!!!

Jenn

Hey not to be picky, but we spoilerforum junkies need to be very very careful about what we post in here. It's so easy to let something out , that the unspoiled don't want to know.

Last edited by treble21 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:18 pm

If it wasn't for the "Bones you are the standard" line....well, lets just say this was not a favorite. I get what they're doing, but I don't have to like it.

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:21 pm

It's me in here poking around a bit.

Just a reminder to keep anything at all from any future episodes contained to the Spoiler forum. I've seen several of you being very conscientious to keep the spoilers out of the Show Discussion forum (as well as anywhere else on the site.)

Thank you very much!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:00 pm

I'm sorry. That was me. I will go back and delete it if you want me too. I got to worked up!! I totally forgot whoch forum I was in!!! Sorry!

Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:06 pm

jjrobinson73 wrote:I'm sorry. That was me. I will go back and delete it if you want me too. I got to worked up!! I totally forgot whoch forum I was in!!! Sorry!

Jenn
Jenn, I love you I totally understand. I can do the same thing. If you want to edit something that would be fine, but don't delete your post. No
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:27 pm

It's taken care of now!!!!! Thanks ya'll!!!!!

Still looking forward to next weeks epi. I wonder if David's singing has improved!!!

Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:16 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:Brilliant ep.
As much as it pains me to see Booth fraternising with another woman...I think I can deal with the Hacker thing because i don't see him as a threat...
They both did such a good job though of attempting to put on a front, but you could clearly see the pain they're both in.

YES!!! Me too! I rewound it...it was priceless...Emily is brilliant! As for the rest of the ep, it was SO incredibly painful to watch that I still can't decide if I liked it or not. Awkward IS a good word, but I will go so far as to say painful as well. The end scene, I was like "really?! They're still being all friendly and talking about their dates?!" It really kinda annoyed me...but I should rewatch 'cuz I was kinda in a weird mood tonight. Too bad I deleted it off my DVR right away 'cuz the end annoyed me so much.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Meegs82 wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:Brilliant ep.

YES!!! Me too! I rewound it...it was priceless...Emily is brilliant! As for the rest of the ep, it was SO incredibly painful to watch that I still can't decide if I liked it or not. Awkward IS a good word, but I will go so far as to say painful as well. The end scene, I was like "really?! They're still being all friendly and talking about their dates?!" It really kinda annoyed me...but I should rewatch 'cuz I was kinda in a weird mood tonight. Too bad I deleted it off my DVR right away 'cuz the end annoyed me so much.

Oh no Meegs go watch it again!!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:24 pm

This episode felt awkward. BB and the whole gang were of their game. The case and the scenes at the Jeffersonian were disappointing. Maybe it is Hanson's way of pointing out how much BB affect everyone around them.

I guess my overall problem with this episode, as a matter of fact the last 3 episodes, is that the Brennan character has been portrayed as childlike and not likable. The progress that she has made in the last two years has been tossed out to advance a poorly envision plot point and to further Hanson's ego. This current Brennan has none of the qualities that would dazzle a guy like Booth. Hanson's mishandling of Brennan current story arc has damaged the Brennan character.

As to the Catherine character, I like what I saw. I know Rena Sofer only signed up for one episode, but I saw sparks between DB and her. Catherine is beautiful, smart, not socially awkward, giving, and funny. She also values intuition and does not dismiss out of hand what Booth values. She is not needy, and she will give as much as Booth puts in a relationship.

I like how in the first scene, she pointed out that Booth was different from most law enforcement types because he showed empathy for the victim. I also like the aquarium scene where she made him laugh, and how she immediately recognized that he needed companionship because he was hurting. Wow. I really could see Catherine as the perfect foil (Rena please come back).

As to Booth, he loves Brennan that goes without saying. Yet I think in this episode, with Catherine, he sees that he can be happy with someone else. He had fun with Catherine and was glad about having a second date. The end scenes with Brennan were also revealing. When Booth tells Brennan Catherine's ear ring joke and Brennan fails to get it, I saw a recognition on his part that maybe Brennan is really not worth the effort. Normally he would take the time to explain it to her, but this time he refuses because he doesn't want to continue to emotionally invest on her knowing there is no future. He also is indifferent about her Rat Pack confusion. These are the signs of a guy that is now noticing the imperfections that he once overlook.

We know Brennan and Booth will end up together after all this is what the show is about, yet one has to question whether they truly belong together. I don't see how they can fix it by season's end. Maybe that is Hanson's intention. If it is, then all I can say is that he missed the boat. Season 6 will be more of the same, Brennan needing to catch up to her own reality, and Booth, the difference, here, will be struggling with moving on. I believe that by the middle of season 6, Hanson will have Brennan, who has let her emotional self go, attempt to recapture Booth's heart. She will need to because Booth will not be willing to risk having his heart broken again.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:06 am

I don't know what I feel about this episode. I went in knowing some of what would happen already and so I basically went in not liking Catherine and...I don't know, but I didn't hate her as much as I thought I would. The thing is, she's Booth's equivalent to Brennan's "Booth lite" in Jared. It's really interesting because she's a scientist just like Brennan, and yet she gets all of the things he does like gut and intuition, so it's easy to see why he would like her. And yet even though he seems like he could be with her and be happy, it would still be settling.

Like he said, Bones is the standard. I do love that they're not just skipping past this awkward phase, which is why as painful as that scene in the diner was with them talking about how they were going on dates, I liked how it turned out. Brennan realizes that when she turned him down he really did make a decision to try and move on, but she also realizes that something is different between them now and she doesn't really know what to make of it.

Angela. While she wasn't in this ep that much (which annoyed me I might add), I loved the conversation between her and Brennan. I love that she's not doing much in the way of offering advice to her about dating Hacker. Not to mention the fact she's not darting around the bush, cutting straight to the point with "You KNOW who I think you should be with.". I just wish she'd find out that Booth told her and that they talked about it, so maybe she'd kick some sense into her. But nooo. *sigh*

OH. One more thing. I don't even know if it was intended this way or if it's just me being annoyed by him, but it's yet another thing that makes Booth better than Hacker. When he started talking about the Rat Pack and basically freaked out when Bren admitted she didn't know who they were (and we got an "I don't know what that means." it's sort of sad how much I've missed hearing those), and he didn't really make her feel stupid I don't think, but when she was talking to Booth about it he did his little smirk and wasn't like "You've NEVER heard of them?" because he KNOWS her. He gets her. Also---yet another thing about Hacker---was I the only one who thought it was funny that she openly admitted turning Hacker down for a date she thought meant sex, choosing to just have coffee instead? Yeah. She's SO interested in him. Rolling Eyes
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next