Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x18 ~ The Predator in the Pool ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

+20
mom2mnb
bones_fanatic19
jcn747
ReginaPhalange
Bonesicted
MoonlightGardenias
recoveringbonesaddict
Meegs82
i_heart_bones
djackio
MI_Bonesgirl
SnoopGirl
jjrobinson73
tinkrella
jhi1005
TNBones
treble21
flyersfan35
olivia
DBCrazy
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

5x18 ~ The Predator in the Pool ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: 5x18 ~ The Predator in the Pool ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by Bonesicted Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:21 am

I've watched the ep a couple of times now and here's my thought abt it. And I warn you this post will be long as I've been thinking for a while and need to get it out of my system - so now you've been warned. Wink

First of all, it wasn't half as bad as I thought it'd be. I might be the only one, but I actually thought it was kind of fun. Sure if the only reason why one is watching the series is to see Booth and Brennan get together than I TOTALLY! understand why someone didn't like it and even hated it, but that's not the only reason why I watch so I survived (even though it felt a bit weird seeing Booth with another woman than Brennan).

Booth was sort of acting like someone who's back on the "dating arena" after being in a very long relationship...not used to taking the attention from others of the opposite sex too serious etc...

It was so clear Brennan was jealous but that she tried to hide it. Both the Diner scene and in the end scene it became pretty clear IMO.

It's also clear that Booth really loves Brennan. He was uncomfortable with her dating, for several reasons I assume. He was worried for Brennan but not for Hodgins going down into the "shark tank". And of course the "you're the standard" line (awww my heart both broke and melted at the same time hearing that).

Was it anyone else than me who thought the look Booth gave Brennan as the elevator doors closed was sort of screaming "I love you! Don't go on that date?"? Wink

I also thougth Booth looked confused when Brennan said he was more handsome than Hacker but that Hacker was taller. Booth looked like he was thinking "Is she giving me a compliment or what's she doing?". And when he said Hacker was smarter than him...I felt bad for him. It was like he was lacking confidence and he didn't think he was as smart as he actually is (I mean he solves murder cases for goodness sake).

Oh, and the song that was playing when Booth walked away from the elevator and until Brennan met Hacker:
"it's only so much you can say before it all just dissipates, you see it's only so much you can take, I hope I'm one of those things(?), I hope you never leave, leave me, you stole my breath"

The fact that Brennan didn't know what to wear to the "coffee date" to me proves how comfortable and relaxed she feels in Booth's presence as she sometimes wears pretty weird things around him. Wink

One thing I didn't understand was how come we didn't see the date between Booth and Catfish? Did they actually go on a date?
We say him ask if she wanted to go out sometime (not "do you want to go out again") and then the next scene was the end scene (if I remember correctly). Was Booth just saying that to Brennan to see how she reacted? I mean we all know he's very good at reading subtle signs as facial expressions and body language...

Ok, this next thing might be too deep / over-analyzing and it might be giving the writers too much credit, but the scene where Angela, Cam and brennan are talking:
CAM: "Why can't you just lighten up the guy's face and, you know, zoom in?"
ANGELA: "Because it was a cellphone that was aimed by a child..."
BRENNAN: "...the plexiglas at this point is a foot thick..."
ANGELA: "...and 30 feet of water..."
BRENNAN: "...at night."
Could this be a metaphor for the B&B relationship?
Brennan doesn't see the obvious (in the pic: they don't see the face of the man / in the B&B relationship: that she really loves Booth and wants to be with him) as she is so/too focused on the "obstacles" (in the pic: the thickness of the plexiglas, the amount of water etc / in the B&B relationship: the FBI rules, her fear of hurting Booth) ??

What else...I loved seeing a bit of "kick-ass" Booth again when he was interrogating the Russian mob guy. Smile

Lastly, anyone else who'd liked to have seen Angela and Brennan talking abt what happened in the 100th end scene? Surely Angela would have had something interesting to say to Brennan abt that?!?
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

5x18 ~ The Predator in the Pool ~ SHOW DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: 5x18 ~ The Predator in the Pool ~ SHOW DISCUSSION

Post by djackio Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:22 am

Reading through the comments I feel like a lot people focused on the dialogue rather than the acting in this episode.

If you rewatch you can see Brennan isn't being cold or ridiculous; she is just trying to stay in control of her emotions. When you watch the last scene you can see she's only trying to put on a good front with what she says, but her face is clear - she isn't comfortable and it does hurt her to see him moving on.

One of the rationalizations HH has made regarding Brennan's character development is that the more emotional she becomes the more rational and in control attempting to compartmentalize. Though I think the character's development has more to do with enhancing the comedy aspects of the show as well as putting more distance between her current state and her ideal evolved/healed state. This way they can keep that arch going for the next few seasons.
djackio
djackio
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:23 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote: Also---yet another thing about Hacker---was I the only one who thought it was funny that she openly admitted turning Hacker down for a date she thought meant sex, choosing to just have coffee instead? Yeah. She's SO interested in him. Rolling Eyes

Yes, I picked up on that right away. I think we're going to see that - this time - Brennan is going to be the one to not go through with having sex with Hacker. I think she'll try to go for it, but in the end, stop short of doing it with him.

*shudders at the mere mental image*

While I agree it was hard to see the dynamic between the two of them off this episode, what I DID like was seeing the reprecussions from the 100th episode in this one. Their relationship has changed: they won't ever be able to go back to a time before Booth's feelings were revealed. It's opened her eyes, and in this episode, her eyes betrayed her true feelings when Booth spoke about Catherine. It was a little heartbreaking when she asked how Catherine made him laugh... and that made me really like the episode. Maybe I'm just a sucker for angst. Wink
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:41 am

I find it interesting too that supposedly Hacker and Brennan have seen each other a few times now and yet we haven't seen them kiss (well, on the lips anyway) or anything like that. He's supposed to be second best and I get that but still. There's no chemsitry there. Also, it was a bit interesting how when it got to the rules of FBI liasons seeing each other socially she felt the need to ask for clarifications.

Booth was indeed acting like a guy who's just gotten out of a relationship. He's not quite sure how to act around other women. The bit at the end when Catherine said to call her and he was all "Hey Catherine...do you wanna have dinner sometime?" his smile was there and it was real, but it definitely felt like he was trying a bit, sort of like "I don't know if this is how I do this."

The way I see Booth and Brennan right now is like that couple that, while they broke up, still remain very good friends. I kind of almost want to see more angst not because I enjoy it (even though admittedly I sometimes do), but because I want them both to realize that things can't just "go back to normal" now that how he feels is out there. I don't want them to get stuck in this "Well I love him/her but now it doesn't matter because he/she has moved on." rut.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:46 am

djackio wrote:Reading through the comments I feel like a lot people focused on the dialogue rather than the acting in this episode.

If you rewatch you can see Brennan isn't being cold or ridiculous; she is just trying to stay in control of her emotions. When you watch the last scene you can see she's only trying to put on a good front with what she says, but her face is clear - she isn't comfortable and it does hurt her to see him moving on.

One of the rationalizations HH has made regarding Brennan's character development is that the more emotional she becomes the more rational and in control attempting to compartmentalize. Though I think the character's development has more to do with enhancing the comedy aspects of the show as well as putting more distance between her current state and her ideal evolved/healed state. This way they can keep that arch going for the next few seasons.
I think it's so clear that Brennan is far from OK with Booth moving on, but she's trying to be rational abt it like you say. Totally agree with you!

But, a fan asked HH on Twitter if Bones has been signed up for S7 and S8 and his reply was "Bones has been picked up thru Season VI. After that, we're back in the lottery", so I'm guessing they can't be too sure they'll have a lot of seasons left to "postpone" the B&B relationship (if that's what they'd like to do). There might not be any S7 och S8, who knows... Sad
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:00 am

I watched it again this morning. And yeah, I still hate it. It's like the ugly red-headed step child in an otherwise almost perfect season.. Catfish (Sorry the nickname's sticking) really didn't bother me all that much. I flinched that she was so bold with asking Booth out, but hey, I can't blame her. If I had ovaries of steel I'd ask him out too. Hacker, on the other hand. Ugh. That dude's forehead is so big you can land an airplane on it. He's not funny, and he's really not smart. He's a pompous moron. I could maybe tolerate him if he had half the personality of a human.

The lab scenes weren't too awkward IMO, maybe a little off, but there wasn't any B&B lab interaction except the very beginning. I liked Angela's little dig at Brennan-"You know who I think you belong with"

The diner was horribly awkward. Starting with Hacker's phone call. Ugh. The man just does not get it. And Brennan? WTH Woman?? Show a little compassion. I didn't like the fact Booth threw the Catherine thing back in her face, but she did deserve it. And she didn't like it. This isn't the B&B I know and love. I don't like it. Not one bit. In fact I kinda hate Hart Hanson right now. But that's all part of his evil little plan.

The ending I think is what really killed me. I LOVED LOVED LOVED it when Booth told Brennan she's the standard. Although it killed him to say that. I'm glad the feelings are out there and he can openly say stuff like that now. 3 weeks ago, he never would have said something like that. Booth at the aquarium with Catfish about broke my heart. Here he is with the opportunity for normalcy and he had to struggle with it because he loves Brennan. And as long as he loves Brennan, he will never really fully be able to commit to Catfish, or anyone else. The earring thing? Booth, it really wasn't that funny, buddy.

Brennan tried WAY too hard with Hackjob. He isn't worth that much work. I'm kind of surprised and confused as to why she is with him. At first it was because there is the potential for sex. Now she doesn't want to sleep with him (Thank-freakin God) so-it's ok to date him, and try to build a relationship-but it's not ok to date Booth scratch I just don't get it. She doesn't want to hurt Booth, yet that is exactly what she did, and making him feel inferior in the process? Forget Sweets-Brennan needs some serious one on one with Gordon Gordon to straigten her head out. And I say that because I really do love Brennan.

The B&B ending-I really could have done without. It was like their date after their "dates". AWKWARD. And they were trying WAY too hard to pretend they were happy with their respective "others". I swear those 2 are so infuriating. I can see right through them. This is like watching a bad break up.
HART-FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:07 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I watched it again this morning. And yeah, I still hate it. It's like the ugly red-headed step child in an otherwise almost perfect season.. Catfish (Sorry the nickname's sticking) really didn't bother me all that much. I flinched that she was so bold with asking Booth out, but hey, I can't blame her. If I had ovaries of steel I'd ask him out too. Hacker, on the other hand. Ugh. That dude's forehead is so big you can land an airplane on it. He's not funny, and he's really not smart. He's a pompous moron. I could maybe tolerate him if he had half the personality of a human.

The lab scenes weren't too awkward IMO, maybe a little off, but there wasn't any B&B lab interaction except the very beginning. I liked Angela's little dig at Brennan-"You know who I think you belong with"

The diner was horribly awkward. Starting with Hacker's phone call. Ugh. The man just does not get it. And Brennan? WTH Woman?? Show a little compassion. I didn't like the fact Booth threw the Catherine thing back in her face, but she did deserve it. And she didn't like it. This isn't the B&B I know and love. I don't like it. Not one bit. In fact I kinda hate Hart Hanson right now. But that's all part of his evil little plan.

The ending I think is what really killed me. I LOVED LOVED LOVED it when Booth told Brennan she's the standard. Although it killed him to say that. I'm glad the feelings are out there and he can openly say stuff like that now. 3 weeks ago, he never would have said something like that. Booth at the aquarium with Catfish about broke my heart. Here he is with the opportunity for normalcy and he had to struggle with it because he loves Brennan. And as long as he loves Brennan, he will never really fully be able to commit to Catfish, or anyone else. The earring thing? Booth, it really wasn't that funny, buddy.

Brennan tried WAY too hard with Hackjob. He isn't worth that much work. I'm kind of surprised and confused as to why she is with him. At first it was because there is the potential for sex. Now she doesn't want to sleep with him (Thank-freakin God) so-it's ok to date him, and try to build a relationship-but it's not ok to date Booth scratch I just don't get it. She doesn't want to hurt Booth, yet that is exactly what she did, and making him feel inferior in the process? Forget Sweets-Brennan needs some serious one on one with Gordon Gordon to straigten her head out. And I say that because I really do love Brennan.

The B&B ending-I really could have done without. It was like their date after their "dates". AWKWARD. And they were trying WAY too hard to pretend they were happy with their respective "others". I swear those 2 are so infuriating. I can see right through them. This is like watching a bad break up.
HART-FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I agree!!!!! banghead banghead I just dind't like it and will not watch it again (except for the standard line). To quote Hodgins, I find that I am annoyed! banghead

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:53 am

Okay so this is said in a respectful way, and i am not indenting to offend anyone at all Smile . But i just cant understand why people are being so angry about how Bones is acting. I mean people are saying she has regressed, became more clueless ect. But can i make a few points to point exactly why she is acting this way

- She has just experienced an emotionally torturous event, she had to literally put her own happiness aside and crush her own heart to, in her opinion "protect" Booth. So now why on earth would she be acting normal?? well the thing is she wouldn't. And it has nothing to to with her regressing, nothing at all. It is a normal and understandable thing to do.
-She acts clueless because at least she can distance herself from what is really happening.
-Both her and Booth are stuck in a transition, they dont really know what to do, they want to be together but cant, so they are trying to move and put up a happy facade. And in that process she is acting "different" she is trying so hard to smile and put on a happy face for Booth, and everyone else.
- in past season Bones showed emotions by completely regressing and literally bottling everything inside, and acting completely naive, and clueless. But this time she is showing emotion and is clearly going through the motions, at the same time she is openly caring and understanding.
-She didn't want to have sex with haker, this is one of the most telling things in the episode!! She woudl suually jump anyone who batted and eylid at her and bought her a nice meal, but no this time she did not want to, infact she was woried abot it!! (But then again who wouldn't be worried about having sex with alien )

So guys seriously, she has NOT regressed, she has progressed, but that doesn't mean she always has to show it. She isn't acting clueless because she actually is, she is trying to hide what people already know. If she had regressed she wouldn't care at all, and her behaviour would not change. If she had regressed she would be acting the exact same, to see she has been impacted by and event, shows she feels and understand the enormity and complexity of the event. If she had regressed she would not understand enough about the situation to act different int he first place, and she would not keep asking booth if it is ok to talk to him, because she has progressed she actually understands how things are going to impact them.

So guys just sit back and let these things happen, this is all a prat of what is going to happen, we wanted something and now we got it. I love everything that has been done, everything that is happening is only going to bring them closer in the end, and guys this is just the motions, if this were not happening, then HH would not be portraying realistic feelings.

Sorry about he long rant, but i just love the portrayal of these emotions Very Happy

And i guess you may have guessed that i love this episode thumbsup !! I thought it was a nice simple episode with telling interactions and some truly heartwarming events (and a few heart crushing Razz) cheers
JCN
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by djackio Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:19 am

Nice, liked your rant JCN
djackio
djackio
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:20 am

jcn747 wrote:So guys just sit back and let these things happen, this is all a prat of what is going to happen, we wanted something and now we got it. I love everything that has been done, everything that is happening is only going to bring them closer in the end, and guys this is just the motions, if this were not happening, then HH would not be portraying realistic feelings.

Sorry about he long rant, but i just love the portrayal of these emotions Very Happy

And i guess you may have guessed that i love this episode thumbsup !! I thought it was a nice simple episode with telling interactions and some truly heartwarming events (and a few heart crushing Razz) cheers
JCN
I agree with you! I'm glad to see there's at least one more who thinks the same as me. Very Happy Even though it's a bit heart crushing at times to see Booth and Brennan going through this I believe it's necessary. It's the logical thing after what happened in the 100th ep. There's so much psychology in the epis of Bones and I'm a psychology buff so I like this despite it's hurting at the same time.

In this epi they both were in the "denial state" sort of. Both wanted it to appear like they've moved on, they're going on dates with others, and they are "happy" for the other one, but deep inside they are both still in love with each other.

I wonder how long they'll be able to keep it up until the "dam breaks"!?
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:22 am

jcn747 wrote:Okay so this is said in a respectful way, and i am not indenting to offend anyone at all Smile . But i just cant understand why people are being so angry about how Bones is acting. I mean people are saying she has regressed, became more clueless ect. But can i make a few points to point exactly why she is acting this way

- She has just experienced an emotionally torturous event, she had to literally put her own happiness aside and crush her own heart to, in her opinion "protect" Booth. So now why on earth would she be acting normal?? well the thing is she wouldn't. And it has nothing to to with her regressing, nothing at all. It is a normal and understandable thing to do.
-She acts clueless because at least she can distance herself from what is really happening.
-Both her and Booth are stuck in a transition, they dont really know what to do, they want to be together but cant, so they are trying to move and put up a happy facade. And in that process she is acting "different" she is trying so hard to smile and put on a happy face for Booth, and everyone else.
- in past season Bones showed emotions by completely regressing and literally bottling everything inside, and acting completely naive, and clueless. But this time she is showing emotion and is clearly going through the motions, at the same time she is openly caring and understanding.
-She didn't want to have sex with haker, this is one of the most telling things in the episode!! She woudl suually jump anyone who batted and eylid at her and bought her a nice meal, but no this time she did not want to, infact she was woried abot it!! (But then again who wouldn't be worried about having sex with alien )

So guys seriously, she has NOT regressed, she has progressed, but that doesn't mean she always has to show it. She isn't acting clueless because she actually is, she is trying to hide what people already know. If she had regressed she wouldn't care at all, and her behaviour would not change. If she had regressed she would be acting the exact same, to see she has been impacted by and event, shows she feels and understand the enormity and complexity of the event. If she had regressed she would not understand enough about the situation to act different int he first place, and she would not keep asking booth if it is ok to talk to him, because she has progressed she actually understands how things are going to impact them.

So guys just sit back and let these things happen, this is all a prat of what is going to happen, we wanted something and now we got it. I love everything that has been done, everything that is happening is only going to bring them closer in the end, and guys this is just the motions, if this were not happening, then HH would not be portraying realistic feelings.

JCN

I completely agree Very Happy
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:59 am

Ratings in the States are in and they are down 1 million viewers (8.8M). Hanson is getting his wish, and the viewers are tuning out.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mom2mnb Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:39 am

Did anyone else notice Brennan's expression when the killer said she hadn't had any pain since she faced her fear? Instead of making eye contact with Booth she looked down... and perhaps in on herself?
mom2mnb
mom2mnb

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by yvettelgh Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:37 am

mom2mnb wrote:Did anyone else notice Brennan's expression when the killer said she hadn't had any pain since she faced her fear? Instead of making eye contact with Booth she looked down... and perhaps in on herself?

There was a ton of references about fear....and facing fear...maybe we have some hints or foreshadowing...

Overall, I thought the episode was OK. Not great, Not too bad.

But....

We've watched 4 epi of this 8 epi arc...I'm still holding out hope for something great, but right now...lots of hype (except for changing direction). Don't get me wrong 100th epi is to die for...and I love the fact that the show is acknowledging Booth's feelings...but it's water that is simmering, not boiling...and I want something boiling...

yvettelgh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Say What You Want : I believe in fate.
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:48 am

OK, it is official. Hacker bears an uncanny resemblance to Bart Simpson! I watched the episode again as I missed a few things and there is one shot where Hacker tilts his head and WOW! did he look like a live version of Bart.
I wouldn't have made the connection if it had not been mentioned here before AND the fact the my son and I have been watching Simpson reruns the past few days.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by raineorshine Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:42 am

I've just watched the episode for the second time, and I must say, I really enjoyed it. TREMENDOUS improvement since the #101 (which may have to always be outdazzled by #100) and I loved all the color the aquarium was able to contribute! While I went in expecting to begrudgingly like it, this epi blew me away with how well it was crafted. I mean, how can Hart Hanson expect me to hate him when he torments me while simultaneously giving me hope?

I also would like to mention the the schoolteacher's confession about "not feeling any more pain" and the whole "facing the fears" thing. Definitely seems like a metaphorical nudge for Brennan to me! And to be honest, despite the fact that she said she was not as "open-hearted" as Booth, she has been open-hearted than ever. She's asking how people are doing, observing more of how people act. She just doesn't recognize it yet. And as for her interactions with Hacker, I could see them being casual friends, because as he said, he "puts people at ease". Friends show friends the Rat Pack and make dorky jokes. I can already tell that she isn't looking for something more than coffee with him. I mean, first he had to initiate the whole cheek-kiss thing they do, and it seemed like she forgot about it. Plus she had to work through how the FBI and its consultants couldn't "see each other socially". Another thing is, she was keen on sharing with Booth that she only wanted coffee with Hacker. AND they still go out for drinks! A post-date date!

Angela's dig: "You know who I think you shoudl be with" was great. It's like, "Brennan, you tragedy, you've got this. LOVE it!" Oh, and that scene with Angela, Brennan, and Hodgins with the interactive aquarium camera? Awesome, and I loved that Brennan actually understood it.

On to Booth, shall we? I'm proud of him for making an effort, albeit a somewhat pathetic one. He's trying, but again, back to the end scene, I think both of them want the other to be happy with someone else, but it isn't working out as smoothly as they anticipated. As of right now, I think Booth and Brennan are in a sort of limbo state, trying to figure out what everything means now that he's put his love for her one the table, and what they want it to mean. But for now, we're stuck with glimpses of how they fit together, shown by Mr. TV. She's his standard (as he is hers), and I loved the little part where he admits he's come to depend on her wits, too. Great moment. And how he was looking out for her when they were about to aquarium dive, and not Hodgins. It's kind of like the Angela/Hodgins scene where Brennan finally understands what's happening between her best friend and the bugs-and-slime guy. But this time Hodgins is the spectator. Seems like he always is. He saw Booth rescue Brennan from the Gravedigger, Kenton, and there's probably more but I can't be bothered.

Alright, down to what I originally intended to post. Anyone have flashbacks to "The Headless Witch in the Woods"? First of all, they're in the middle of nature. (aquarium is a stretch), and when Booth calls for her on the intercom, she has the same response/tone: "I'm right here, Booth." Also, when Cam (love her) grabs Booth's hand watching the scary tape, Brennan observes and looks like she wants to know how that works (remember when she asks what Catherine made Booth laugh about?). Both episodes have characters murdered in what made them. Graham where he was filming, going on to be a great screen writer. And Chaz with his self-help seminars and book where he "was able to walk again". Oh, and Angela had to restore mediums (photos, tapes) in both the episodes. That's pretty much all I've got, but there may be more. But "Headless Witch" is the episode where he started "guy hugs"! (Which brought them even closer). SO, if I'm anywhere in the ballpark with this theory, something good with how they connect will happen!

Lastly, did anyone notice Catherine's crazy eyes? I mean, they're pretty, but wild. Just like she was like BAM! "Wanna go on a date?". Brennan's are still intense, but softer, which I like. And Hacker, I know a few people don't like him that much, but honestly guys, he's a total dork. And do you think the Andy and Cathy thing might be of any significance? (You know, the characters in the books). They're sort of similar, including profession (FBI, smart scientist). The looks thing is a stretch for Booth/Hacker, but if you wanted, you might notice similarities between Catherine and Brennan. Is it Catherine with a "C"?She doesn't seen like a Catherine with a "K", or a different spelling.

Okay, j'ai fini. I promise. No more ramblings that are probably totally unfounded in reality.

END.

raineorshine

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:30 pm

SnoopGirl wrote:OK, it is official. Hacker bears an uncanny resemblance to Bart Simpson! I watched the episode again as I missed a few things and there is one shot where Hacker tilts his head and WOW! did he look like a live version of Bart.
I wouldn't have made the connection if it had not been mentioned here before AND the fact the my son and I have been watching Simpson reruns the past few days.

OMG u r not the only one!! The moment i read ur post i was like :O it is true!!! He most certainly resembles Bart!!!
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:35 am

yvettelgh wrote:There was a ton of references about fear....and facing fear...maybe we have some hints or foreshadowing...
There was, wasn't it?! Smile

Just like "The Death of the Queen Bee" was packed with "cutting strings" references:
- Brennan cutting the strings to her bad high school experiences
- Angela cutting the strings to Wendell
- Julie cutting the strings between Brad and Evelyn
- Booth (trying) to cut the strings between him and Brennan
- Mr Buxley literally cutting the "string" that held up the stars
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterfliesandMudpies Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:07 am

Hi all! (first post on here, I came from the boneyard, their boards are ALL messed up since they switched over.)

I watched this episode from between my fingers. Than went promptly to bed to think about and digest all that I had seen.

Of the things that stuck out to me, one of the strongest was the fact that Brennan felt the need to make sure that Booth knew that she wasn't sleeping with Hacker. To me that was huge. Couple that with her and Angela's talk and I was extreamly happy, at least on the Hacker front. She is trying to get Angela to help her get excited about the date.. and you can see its not working. (and thank God Angela told her flat out that she doesn't think she should be with Hacker!)

Booth... Booth was painful to watch this week. It was nice to see him trying to be happy (sans Bones) and some times succeeding. This season has had a lot more serious moments between him and Bones, and not so much of the goofing off that we saw the first couple of seasons. I miss some of their 'light' times together.

At the same time.. it was difficult to see him happy with someone else. You could tell it was hard for him.. even when he was happy he was feeling guilty.

On a positive note- they just added a loophole for Booth and Bones to be allowed to be partners and see eachother outside of work. Hacker would have to give them permission!

Something else I noticed about Brennan... Whenver she talks about having a relationship with someone, she refers to it as 'sex'. 'Hacker wants to have sex with me', 'Now that the case is over Booth and Cathrine can have sex', 'I said no to sex, but yes to coffee..'

One more thing thing and than I'm done, cause this has seriously turned into a monster of a post- lol! Durning Queen Bee it became very obvious to me that when she is uncomfortable in a social situation she becomes much more socially inept and brass. (can we just say OUCH to pretty much everything she said to anyone at that reunion) But it was contrasted by the fact that when she felt safe and loved at FF she was much more eloquent and warm. I saw that contrast again when she was on her date with Hacker, while she was more herself than she was back at her high school (for obvious reasons) you could tell she was trying way too hard, and not the least bit relaxed. Plus, her mind was clearly on Booth sleeping with that woman batterup

lol (I couldn't help it)

*holding on for the finale.. and hoping things look up*

OH! And Hacker clearly saw at the beginning that Bones was jelous of Cathrine and jumped on it to ask her to a play... I did not like the sneeky look on his face at all! It was wayy to self satisfied for me. Mad
ButterfliesandMudpies
ButterfliesandMudpies

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope and Patience Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:05 am

ButterfliesandMudpies wrote:Of the things that stuck out to me, one of the strongest was the fact that Brennan felt the need to make sure that Booth knew that she wasn't sleeping with Hacker. To me that was huge. Couple that with her and Angela's talk and I was extreamly happy, at least on the Hacker front. She is trying to get Angela to help her get excited about the date.. and you can see its not working. (and thank God Angela told her flat out that she doesn't think she should be with Hacker!)

I completely agree! The fact that she TURNED DOWN sex with Hacker, and then realized she wanted (needed) to tell Booth...Very big.

I love the lack of everything "clicking"- chemistry/cohesiveness/comfortableness in this post-100 world we inhabit. I think something very profound had to shift foundationally for the audience (and for B/B) to feel the loss of their status quo relationship. If it felt similar or like nothing really changed, we (or at least I) would feel cheated—like I went through all that pain for nothing. I like awkward and messy and unsure and bumbling and off-kilter at this point—because it means they are feeling the loss of that relationship. It’s affecting everyone. And they can’t seem to stop it. They are desperately trying to keep it together—they smile, joke, go out, pretend nothing's changed—but it’s not gonna work. It’s a catalyst—a brilliant one. Everything has changed. There’s no more hiding the fact that she’s his standard, or he’s her standard. It’s out there. And it’s different. And tragic. And just…difficult.

What I find interesting is that I was not expecting this to be played out so subtlety. I completely underestimated Hanson’s finesse with a script and DB/ED’s ability to portray such nuisances in their delivery and actions. I much prefer this unfolding of events to any fanfic/spoilery speculation because in all honesty (and I know I’m like 1% of the viewer population who feels this way) I really really like how they are bringing the two together. It’s smart, it’s subtle, and it’s long term. Sure there are a few inconsistencies and character blips, but they are far outweighed and overshadowed by amazing lines and looks and details that are making me reinvest and believe in Bones. This storyline is fixing things I didn’t even realize needed fixing. I love how they had the two "dates" back to back with B/H and B/C to show that both could laugh and be quite content dating other people. This removes a lot of the potential roadblocks they might have encountered in the future if one or both questioned that maybe they ended up together due to the fact they worked such long hours, or they never gave anyone else a chance, or they had near death experiences, or it would be easier with other people etc. It means that when they do eventually get together, they will have "chosen" each other because they made each other the happiest and they just “fit” which will make it even more meaningful. They won't have any doubts.

And I thought it was very profound that during the conversation in front of the elevator after Booth says "Bones, you are the standard," she acknowledges (in her own way) that he is her standard. I don't know that she has verbalized that out loud before—the fact that she does recognize he is her "ideal.” And I love how she struggled with her jealousy. Especially when he said he was going to see Dr. Bryar again and she said "excellent." There was definitely a swallowing of emotion. But I'm still not sure she understands that Booth moving on will remove the "emotional" aspect of their relationship. They still ended up at the FF. Her emotional connection was still fulfilled. I’m waiting for him to pull away that last piece of their relationship, so that she feels that loss. She needs to realize the full extent of what he means to her, before she is ever going to take the risk.

My main gigantic quibble is the mysterious darn timeline! I need to know how much time has passed to at least understand where they are in the grieving process. I’m guessing it would make a lot of their actions make more sense.

Whew, this turned out longer than I anticipated. Surprised

Liz
Hope and Patience
Hope and Patience

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterfliesandMudpies Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:07 am

Hope and Patience wrote:
I love the lack of everything "clicking"- chemistry/cohesiveness/comfortableness in this post-100 world we inhabit. I think something very profound had to shift foundationally for the audience (and for B/B) to feel the loss of their status quo relationship. If it felt similar or like nothing really changed, we (or at least I) would feel cheated—like I went through all that pain for nothing. I like awkward and messy and unsure and bumbling and off-kilter at this point—because it means they are feeling the loss of that relationship. It’s affecting everyone. And they can’t seem to stop it. They are desperately trying to keep it together—they smile, joke, go out, pretend nothing's changed—but it’s not gonna work. It’s a catalyst—a brilliant one. Everything has changed. There’s no more hiding the fact that she’s his standard, or he’s her standard. It’s out there. And it’s different. And tragic. And just…difficult.

Liz

I agree. I'm glad they aren't brushing it off like they did with PitH. She was more upset about Zach going to Iraq than she was about Booth's 'death'.

I know it's going to painful to watch, but I am going to enjoy Bren realizing that things aren't going to stay the same if Booth 'moves on.' She's not going to be #1 in his life anymore (other than Parker) and if he gets a new woman in his life he's certianly not going to be showing up with Thai at midnight. I am just going to trust that Hart is putting us through all this for a reason, and that Booth and Bones with come out on top in the end.

and until than I will watch all subsiquent episodes with my hands halfway over my eyes! lol. nervous Shocked
ButterfliesandMudpies
ButterfliesandMudpies

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum