Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TVGuide - What's next for B&B?

+15
Ankuuh
anteater
Groovycathers
nati.cba
Bonesicted
treble21
katharine
THX1138
olivia
MI_Bonesgirl
jro54
mereva
19ana89
bugaboo628
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

TVGuide - What's next for B&B? - Page 3 Empty Re: TVGuide - What's next for B&B?

Post by joybrennan Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:07 am

[quote="olivia"][quote="mereva"]
jro54 wrote: And the longer we wait the better it's going to be when it finally happens!!!!! Wink[i/quote]Who told you that? By X-Files we waited for 9(!!!!) years. And it wasn't very impressive in the end. I wouldn't want to go through this again.

Oh so agreed! Never watch the XF to learn how to make a couple happen! Laughing

This is VERY much like the X-files. Chris Carter was dead set against having M&S together. Yet, the writing and the performances all led to that being part of the story he was telling. They say that really good writing let's the characters tell you what's next. Seems Hart - like Chris did - is trying to force a direction contrary to the one that's been created thus far. However, unlike X-files, "Bones" was always said to be about the relationship. The cases have always just been vehicle for that. There's only so much driving around in circles a person can stand before getting sick. Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

TVGuide - What's next for B&B? - Page 3 Empty Re: TVGuide - What's next for B&B?

Post by mereva Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:47 am

joybrennan wrote:There's only so much driving around in circles a person can stand before getting sick.
Excellent!
(It seems that't I'm only this short of getting sick... [Only admins are allowed to see this image] )
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:58 am

a_rangergrl2 wrote:I’m curious as to how many people really saw them letting Booth admit to Cam that he was in love with Brennan coming? Or how many people honestly saw them letting Booth tell Brennan that he wanted someone who was going to love him for 30, 40 or 50 years and he wanted that someone to be her coming? So far IMO they took a pretty gutsy risk in the premier of season 5 and again in 100. So I’m strongly encouraged by the risks they have taken so far this year to keep believing they will continue the forward momentum. But I also don’t think taking a third chance here is ending season 5 with them closing the bedroom door and putting out the do not disturb sign. And I wouldn’t want them to. There’s just too much story to mine in them working out how to be a couple. I want forward motion, but I want it consistent with who the characters are. And so far I think what I've seen in season 5 fits that. Keep going that way and I'm good.

I do not thing any of us want them to close the bedroom door and have hot steamy sex on this season finale. I just want to end the nonsense. We need a little bit of movement, maybe not evolution ( I mean if you are born with asperguer you die with it) , but movement in a direction that makes sense to the characters they are playing and the story they are telling.
Right now there is no story, and by now we all figured out that since they have a couple of seasons to go, they are going to get nowhere at the end of this season, next season and the following one. That's what it is making no sense, we are stuck in the will they won't they with a little bit of flavor of the month : longing, passive agresiveness, cluelessness, third parties, brain tumors, death and resurrection...come on!!
No
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:48 am

I didn't think that the 100th episode was heartbreaking... it was heartcrushing. Smile
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3