Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TVGuide - What's next for B&B?

+15
Ankuuh
anteater
Groovycathers
nati.cba
Bonesicted
treble21
katharine
THX1138
olivia
MI_Bonesgirl
jro54
mereva
19ana89
bugaboo628
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TVGuide - What's next for B&B? Empty TVGuide - What's next for B&B?

Post by bugaboo628 Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:20 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

If you thought Deschanel's crying in the 100th episode was heartbreaking, just wait until you see the season finale. "There are some big changes for them in the finale that affects the future in a big way," Deschanel says. Executive producer Hart Hanson adds: "We have a big finale, and I hope for some more crying — of joy or sadness, I don't know."
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

TVGuide - What's next for B&B? Empty Re: TVGuide - What's next for B&B?

Post by 19ana89 Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 am

So sad to think about, but yet, exciting! I can't wait till the finale!
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:39 am

bugaboo628 wrote:If you thought Deschanel's crying in the 100th episode was heartbreaking, just wait until you see the season finale. [/i]
[Only admins are allowed to see this image] What a pleasant news...
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:41 am

I like this article. I always thought that would never get together completely until the finale season, but the "the big change" can't be that bad because they are going to be in some from of relationship next season so the writers the "will they/won't they dynamic" going for another 5 years. (actually, I don't think it will take that long) And the longer we wait the better it's going to be when it finally happens!!!!! Wink
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:49 am

jro54 wrote: And the longer we wait the better it's going to be when it finally happens!!!!! Wink
Who told you that? By X-Files we waited for 9(!!!!) years. And it wasn't very impressive in the end. I wouldn't want to go through this again.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:54 am

Oh Stephen Nathan-you are wildly mistaken-we will not hate you if you put them together. Quite the opposite actually.... facesmack
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:58 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Oh Stephen Nathan-you are wildly mistaken-we will not hate you if you put them together. Quite the opposite actually.... facesmack
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:09 am

mereva wrote:
jro54 wrote: And the longer we wait the better it's going to be when it finally happens!!!!! Wink
Who told you that? By X-Files we waited for 9(!!!!) years. And it wasn't very impressive in the end. I wouldn't want to go through this again.

Oh so agreed! Never watch the XF to learn how to make a couple happen! Laughing

Talk about push and pull...and not on the show...in the frakkin' spoilers! banghead

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:11 am

mereva wrote:

No one told me. But Bones is not like the X-Files at all because the whole point show is B&B relationship and it how grows and develops. I only watched a view episodes of the X-Files, but it seems like the it was more about looking for extra-terrestrial life, rather than Mulder and Scully's relationship and that the writers only put them together after 9 years because they ran lut of things to talk about. I just think that the HH&Co. are geniuses who know what they are doing and what happened in the 100th and everything that happens in the next 6 episodes is all part of their clever plot that will eventually push B&B together and fans will not be dissatisfy. And just because they are not going to have their cute little happy ending where they run off together, get married and make cute little babies this season doesn't mean that we should just give up, guys!
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:01 am

mereva wrote:
bugaboo628 wrote:If you thought Deschanel's crying in the 100th episode was heartbreaking, just wait until you see the season finale. [/i]
*hands Mer a VV&T in a tall glass* I made 'em extra strong hon, 'cause trust me - we're gonna need 'em.

Now if I might presume to speak on behalf of Mereva - here's what she and I and many like is truly fear:

Given Ausiello's new spoilers, what we'll see is the "Logical Next Step" of two people in love who are trying to move on with their lives. Booth will go to Ft Benning to train Rangers, Brennan will go to Indonesia on the dig, and the two will part company for 12+ months: end of relationship, parthership, and friendship for all intents and purproses. They will not, as the silver lining squad insists, "keep in touch". They will not, as the pollyanan brigades desire, have a tearful scene at the airport where Brennan decides not to leave and Booth decides he can't go. Oh, there'll be a tearful scene alright - Daisy will decide at the last moment she just can't be parted from her Lancelot, because love is more important than ancient remains, and Brennan will say something derisive of that sentiment just as Booth is about to tell her again he loves her and ask her to stay, but hearing her snarky condescending remark, he'll instead wish her well and say, in a non-committal manner, "keep in touch".

Yep, 5 alarm angst mode kiddies, S5 will go down as the Best Season of Bones to KILL B&B. S6 SN (taking over for HH) will try and get us all back on the bus with them living a year in the future and basically starting over as partners and rediscovering their friendship/relationship. If they do that? Personally I hope Booth comes back engaged and Brennan's got a boy toy, and neither can freaking stand the other because honest to God some outright HATE would be preferable to all this noble suffering shit that's been spoon fed to us for five fucking years. At least it'd be an honest emotion.

Maybe Brennan did Booth a favor, with HH & SN in charge, she'd have either cheated on him with the first symetrical rationlist that came along, or flaked out and run to China the morning after. Lord I want to look HH right in the eyes and tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

That about sum it up Mer?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:06 am

THX1138 wrote:
mereva wrote:
*hands Mer a VV&T in a tall glass* I made 'em extra strong hon, 'cause trust me - we're gonna need 'em.

Now if I might presume to speak on behalf of Mereva - here's what she and I and many like is truly fear:

Given Ausiello's new spoilers, what we'll see is the "Logical Next Step" of two people in love who are trying to move on with their lives. Booth will go to Ft Benning to train Rangers, Brennan will go to Indonesia on the dig, and the two will part company for 12+ months: end of relationship, parthership, and friendship for all intents and purproses. They will not, as the silver lining squad insists, "keep in touch". They will not, as the pollyanan brigades desire, have a tearful scene at the airport where Brennan decides not to leave and Booth decides he can't go. Oh, there'll be a tearful scene alright - Daisy will decide at the last moment she just can't be parted from her Lancelot, because love is more important than ancient remains, and Brennan will say something derisive of that sentiment just as Booth is about to tell her again he loves her and ask her to stay, but hearing her snarky condescending remark, he'll instead wish her well and say, in a non-committal manner, "keep in touch".

Yep, 5 alarm angst mode kiddies, S5 will go down as the Best Season of Bones to KILL B&B. S6 SN (taking over for HH) will try and get us all back on the bus with them living a year in the future and basically starting over as partners and rediscovering their friendship/relationship. If they do that? Personally I hope Booth comes back engaged and Brennan's got a boy toy, and neither can freaking stand the other because honest to God some outright HATE would be preferable to all this noble suffering shit that's been spoon fed to us for five fucking years. At least it'd be an honest emotion.

Maybe Brennan did Booth a favor, with HH & SN in charge, she'd have either cheated on him with the first symetrical rationlist that came along, or flaked out and run to China the morning after. Lord I want to look HH right in the eyes and tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

king RM

Wow! LOL! I am in absolute agreement.

I think what happened in the 100th episode may have ruined the show.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:07 am

THX1138 wrote:
mereva wrote:

king RM

bowdown bowdown bowdown bowdown That's all.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:26 am

THX1138 wrote:
mereva wrote:

king RM

Ok, Clark W. Griswold, but I can't accept they would back up to zero. REFUSE to accept!!!!

thank you.

*experiencing doubt*

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:48 am

olivia wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
mereva wrote:

king RM

Ok, Clark W. Griswold, but I can't accept they would back up to zero. REFUSE to accept!!!!

thank you.

*experiencing doubt*
Well as the Indians said after meeting the Pilgrims, "What a nice group of people, they promised not to stay too long and they gave me all these lovely beads..."

Denial, it ain't just a river in Egypt.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:58 am

THX1138 wrote:...That about sum it up Mer?

king RM
Robert, you're a doll!
(If it's too girly for you, then you're precious, nice and all over the best! [Only admins are allowed to see this image] )
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:06 am

Wait-so does this mean that my fantasies of Brennan dragging Booth away by the tie for some sexitime just got dashed?? Damnit. facesmack

*Sarcasm peeps. It's what I do.*
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:23 am

mereva wrote:
THX1138 wrote:...That about sum it up Mer?

king RM
Robert, you're a doll!
(If it's too girly for you, then you're precious, nice and all over the best! [Only admins are allowed to see this image] )
Aww Mer you're gonna make me Embarassed *blush*, but I just know we're gonna get the green weenie on this one. So another round of VV&T's and keep'em coming, I forgot my wallet but I'm sure my lovely Queen will be by to spot me $20.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:38 am

Wow, RM really threw it out there for us didn't he!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to say that I agree with him, but I have my doubts about a somewhat happy ending sometime soon.

I've watched the show from the beginning and have loved their tension and playfullness although it took me a while to warm up to Brennan's character. I've seen growth in her, but I also wonder why sometimes we don't see an episode or two where her BFF Angela takes her aside and bitch slaps some sense into her. She tried with the whole pregnancy issue, but not hard enough. I do feel she's grown as a character, there are numerouse episodes of late that show that. Maybe not enough though. I agree with RM's notes about that alot of times any intelligent guy that came along she'd smile at and want to "have coffee" with them. Look at the physco patient in Devil episode. She was ready to date him, and he's in a looney bin.

My problem is the love thing is out there now and how can we back away from it. And is there a real thing with the FBI not being involved with contracted employees, because Brennan doesn't actually work for the FBI. If there is, then it is hard to get them together, without working together. Then how will there be interaction through their characters. Do we really just want to see Booth stopping by to say hi to the Squint squad every once in awhile and Brennan working with another FBI agent. I don't, do you???? And it can't become a series about them getting up in the morning, having coffee, going off to separate jobs, coming home and rolling around in the sheets. Hello, we would all get tired as hell of that too.

So what's the common ground. Push, pull??? I don't know. Hide their relationship maybe, I don't see that happening. So how do we write a show about 2 people that are in love, dating, or engaged, or planning a marriage, but can't work together. Their working together is the fundamental workings of Bones. Answer that for me and maybe for HH too. Just a thought? Maybe we've worked ourselves into a corner with trying to keep a show about forensic cases and two people who aren't allowed to have a loving relationship and work together. I'm sure that's what the writers struggle with every day.

The show wouldn't be Bones if they both quit their jobs to satisfy FBI rules and ran off into the sunset on some deserted island, while Booth only wears speedos and climbs up trees cutting down coconuts while opening them with his shinny white teeth..........No that's just my dream, not a TV show.........

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:59 am

bugaboo628 wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
mereva wrote:

king RM

Wow! LOL! I am in absolute agreement.

I think what happened in the 100th episode may have ruined the show.

Can you can you guys just be a little positive? As much as I hate to disagree with Rob, I have some doubts about a happy ending in the finale, but that doesn't that mean that B&B will ever get together. Everything that HH, SN and the actors say can be have many interpretations like "The next logical emotional step" could mean that B&B decide to go their separate ways and not see each for a year, but it doesn't mean that they "will" and it wouldn't be "really, really good" for HH and SN, the fans or the characters if they went their separate. And HH and SN (they may be evil, but they are not stupid) could be just yanking our chain and throwing us off to surprise us at the end and we know how they love to surprise us. So we don't actually know what is going to a happen until we see the finale.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:08 am

Ok regarding the king theory, ...... It's actually very plausible that this could happen, and honestly I could be ok with them outright hating each other in S6 I mean really, it would be a normal emotion, especially if they haven't seen each other in a year, all that hurt would just sit there festering. I really really think we should expect the worst and hope for the best in this situation , I think B/B will eventually end up together but as much as I would like it to happen I just don't see it happening this season.
However all that being said I do NOT think that the 100th ruined the B/B ship, it can still be salvaged IMO.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:10 am

Sorry, sweetie, but I don't see anything 'positive' in the possible scenario(s) right now. Anything.
And HH and SN (they may be evil, but they are not stupid...)
That's where I have my big doubts! Suspect
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:27 am

jro54 wrote:Can you can you guys just be a little positive? As much as I hate to disagree with Rob, I have some doubts about a happy ending in the finale, but that doesn't that mean that B&B will ever get together. Everything that HH, SN and the actors say can be have many interpretations like "The next logical emotional step" could mean that B&B decide to go their separate ways and not see each for a year, but it doesn't mean that they "will" and it wouldn't be "really, really good" for HH and SN, the fans or the characters if they went their separate. And HH and SN (they may be evil, but they are not stupid) could be just yanking our chain and throwing us off to surprise us at the end and we know how they love to surprise us. So we don't actually know what is going to a happen until we see the finale.
Hey, I can be a little positive, just give me something to be positive about, right now all anyone can do is talk about hopes and dreams and aspirations and say HH and SN aren't that stupid, they'd never do that...but we're here precisely because they're doing exactly what they'd said they'd do.

HH believes in the (long debunked) Moonlighting Curse. He honestly thinks that if they get together the show will suffer. Hell he's come right out and said "We're in our fifth season...those two have been dancing around whether or not they're going to be a couple for five seasons. My entire audience wants them to get together. If I were pandering, I would put them together. And everyone would stop watching next week....Can't have that happen."

Now maybe I'm missing some subtext here, but you'd have to be one of those relentlessly optimistic smiling perky whackjobs that hosts a Daytime Talkshow to find anything in that statement that says there'll be a happy ever after moment for B&B anytime in the near future. HH, SN, and even DB have all said at one time or another that Booth & Brennan should never get together, it would ruin the chemistry of the show, and there's too much to explore in their relationship as it is now. To me the 100th was a defining episode, and I'm not - as one might presume - writing the show off. I'm giving Hart his moment to prove me wrong - five more shows after tonigt to show me his grand scheme of things that makes it all better. But I warn you, if he has Booth & Brennan acting as if nothing is wrong at all, like they're best buds just a little weird? That's not a good sign, for them or the show, because it means he's treating the whole love thing as if it's a chess piece you can just take off the board whenever you want to. Well it's not, and if that's how he's going to play it then it, whatever he's planning, won't work.

Split them up, send him to Georgia, her to Indonesia, hell you want UST? Let him get married, let her get engaged, then they can meet again and realize what a mistake each made. She can watch him kiss his wife, he can watch her laughing with her fiance, their hearts can be crushed while each pines for the other and we'll all drown in Hart's precious UST, Merry freakin' Christmas to all won't someone shut out the lights.

But I'm still not giving up.

king RM

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those that see the glass as half empty, and those that see the glass as half full.
I'm the third kind, I want to know who the hell has been drinking out of my glass.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:27 am

Somehow I got a worrying feeling after reading that article.

Do they (HH & co) have the guts to throw us another curve ball?
Do they have you-know-what of steel?
I mean, what if it's the last straw for the majority of the viewers?

I guess I better set myself up for a not so happy finale after all. I know, it's taking the easy way out but, what the *beep*... Wink
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:32 am

mereva wrote:

I was a huge fan of the XF but I have to say it got screwed when stupid DD decided to leave the show! I think that in the end the whole "waiting so long" for a relationship thing was bad because he was only in 6-10 episodes between the last two seasons! Ridiculous! It would have been different if he hadn't left, that's for sure. And besides, XF was MUCH MORE about drama and conspirations than Bones. Bones is more comedy than XF and I guess it's more about the romance between B&B, whereas XF was more about the government the aliens, etc.
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:34 am

jro54 wrote:Can you can you guys just be a little positive? As much as I hate to disagree with Rob, I have some doubts about a happy ending in the finale, but that doesn't that mean that B&B will ever get together. Everything that HH, SN and the actors say can be have many interpretations like "The next logical emotional step" could mean that B&B decide to go their separate ways and not see each for a year, but it doesn't mean that they "will" and it wouldn't be "really, really good" for HH and SN, the fans or the characters if they went their separate. And HH and SN (they may be evil, but they are not stupid) could be just yanking our chain and throwing us off to surprise us at the end and we know how they love to surprise us. So we don't actually know what is going to a happen until we see the finale.

Thank you for your post as it got me in a better mood. And it also gave me a wishful/crazy thought that maybe, just MAYBE HH & co ARE, as you said, yanking our chain. What if they say all these things to make us all go "oh, bummer, it's not going to be a happy finale, they'll go seperate ways" and so on, just to give us the biggest surprise ever in the finale??

Well, I did say it was a WISHFUL thought. Wink
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum