Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TVGuide 'Bones' Goes Back to the 1930s

+8
CanadianBones
mereva
loserette
RGPageantqueen
olivia
Turi ray of sunshine
ToZiKa
bugaboo628
12 posters

Go down

TVGuide 'Bones' Goes Back to the 1930s Empty TVGuide 'Bones' Goes Back to the 1930s

Post by bugaboo628 Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:16 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

TVGuide 'Bones' Goes Back to the 1930s Empty Re: TVGuide 'Bones' Goes Back to the 1930s

Post by ToZiKa Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:24 am

hmmm sounds a little strange....but it might be better than it sounds right now

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

TVGuide 'Bones' Goes Back to the 1930s Empty Re: TVGuide 'Bones' Goes Back to the 1930s

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:59 am

I............ shall......... pretend I didn't read this.....................................
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:07 am

Turi ray of sunshine wrote:I............ shall......... pretend I didn't read this.....................................
Laughing

maybe I should try that too
I'm not sure how they are going to do this.....is it a whole epi that just looks totally different?
or will there be some sort of backstory explaining the whole thing?

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:16 am

Maybe it will be their 100th episode; and as long as it's handled differently from TEiTB I may not be as skeptical.
I ALWAYS say that TEiTB should've been saved FOR such an ocassion......
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:32 am

I am not sure what do with this? Is it just 30's style or actually takes place in the 30's? :?:

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:34 am

I guess we will have to wait and see Olivia Smile

BTW WELCOME!!!! pretty name Smile
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:39 am

Welcome at the ABY olivia!

I don't think it could play in the 30's......they would have to get into another fantasy/dream thing.....and I don't think they'd do that so soon after the last one

so I guess it will just look like the 30's......somehow.....you know, I don't think I have any idea, what I'm talking about here.....sorry Rolling Eyes

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:56 am

Maybe they will uncover a body from the decade?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:38 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:Maybe they will uncover a body from the decade?
I am guessing this will be the case. I am imagining it looking a bit like "Post Modern Prometheus" (black and white and artsy) for anyone who is familiar with XF

Tahnks for the welcomes! I can talk Bones all day Very Happy

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:25 am

but there wouldn't be any need to make it black and white then....and that would sound a lot like Cold Case

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by loserette Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:58 am

That sounds a lot like they (writers/producers) are once again procrastinating any real character development. But what the heck! I guess if we keep an open mind about it we will enjoy it. Cool

and Hello to you, Olivia!

loserette
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Say What You Want : Reality continues to ruin my life. Calvin&Hobbes
Registration date : 2008-10-30

http://notesfromanemotionallyimpaired.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:34 am

There was a black & white episode in The X-files, "Post-Modern Prometheus". It was good.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:53 am

Maybe that explains why they have that pulp style promo poster.

I think the 100th ep is their first case together, no??
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 am

Well it'll really depend on how they handle this. If they do the whole episode in B&W with the current characters adopting different persona it'll just be a cheap rip-off of TEitB, and no one wants that...again. If, however, the B&W portion is tied to a case, like a narrative re-creation of the events that lead up to the murder, etc., then it has potential. You just never know in these situations. I mean, Buffy once did an episode where there was no speaking for 28 minutes, no dialogue just pantomime and folks writing on white boards. It was one of the best episodes of any show I'd ever watched, simply stunning in it's effectiveness, and when they finally did speak at the end of the episode it was almost like breaking a spell. So it could be the same thing here - probably won't be, but let's hold out hope. Afterally ANatBM turned out better than we could have hoped really, so let's see what they've got in mind.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:54 am

ToZiKa wrote:
but there wouldn't be any need to make it black and white then....and that would sound a lot like Cold Case

True, but you never know with this show, After all, an uncovered mummy led to a modern day murder in the last episode, so who knows whats running through lil Harty-Hart's mind, ya know? I have no answer for the B&W though.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:56 am

Whats ANatBM?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:59 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:Whats ANatBM?

A Night at the Bones Museum???
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:02 am

CanadianBones wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:Whats ANatBM?

A Night at the Bones Museum???
Exactly.

ANatBM = A Night at the Bones Museum

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:04 am

Well you people and your abbreviations... I can't keep up
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:34 pm

back on topic here--
What a bizarre concept - Temperance Brennan drinking and having a good time?!
Considering the lengths people have to go to make her loosen up... Laughing

Depending on the context and how it's handled, it could be fun--but then, I've always had a weakness for "what if" and alternate universe type of stories. Making it a dream after one of them (Brennan, by choice--just for a change of pace) gets conked on the head would be strictly out, for example.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:14 pm

dawnsfire wrote:back on topic here--
What a bizarre concept - Temperance Brennan drinking and having a good time?!
Considering the lengths people have to go to make her loosen up... Laughing

Depending on the context and how it's handled, it could be fun--but then, I've always had a weakness for "what if" and alternate universe type of stories. Making it a dream after one of them (Brennan, by choice--just for a change of pace) gets conked on the head would be strictly out, for example.

queen
What?! You're taking the "Gilligan's Island" playbook off the table just like that? Whatever will HH & Company use for brainstorming then? Laughing

While I generally find 30's/40's style 'flashback' episodes to be self indulgent and poorly written there are some shows that have handled them intelligently and I'd like to think Bones could be one of those shows. It really just depends on how they frame the flashback.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thnx4theGum Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:38 pm

THX1138 wrote:

While I generally find 30's/40's style 'flashback' episodes to be self indulgent and poorly written there are some shows that have handled them intelligently and I'd like to think Bones could be one of those shows. It really just depends on how they frame the flashback.

king RM

Judging from the amount of thought that went into that Noir poster, I'm thinking this is somthing that's been brewing for a bit. (not a Coinky-dink, IMO) Do I think they have the writing savvy to pull it off? Yah! The concept has so much potential it's exciting!

Such a fine line to walk though given their belly flops into the AU last season...

I shall reserve final judgment on this one until it airs.

[Fangirl moment: Just the thought of Emily all dolled up and David in a fedora and 3 piece suit sells me on the visual end of things though! Our stars have the classic looks to make a B&W ep ROCK!]

Gum pirat
Thnx4theGum
Thnx4theGum
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Thnx4theGum wrote:[Fangirl moment: Just the thought of Emily all dolled up and David in a fedora and 3 piece suit sells me on the visual end of things though! Our stars have the classic looks to make a B&W ep ROCK!]

Gum pirat
Total Fanboy moment: Emily would look good in almost anything (and better out of it but I digress) but we did get a hint of how she might wear her hair in TBitB, that Veronica Lake look in the diner? *growl* That was something else, the way her hair not only framed her face wonderfully so but also exposed an expanse of that wonderful neck that was totally edible? Again, *growl*

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Awesome!!!
but i agree with you Rob, lets not have them adopting different persona's...that would be lame..
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum