Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302

+15
sirenized
Mimo
THX1138
dawnsfire
TempestJo
venzwife
carebear
ReginaPhalange
Laffers18
WhenInRome
DBCrazy
A2BOREANAZ
ToZiKa
Bonesbabe
BrainySmurf0302
19 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302 - Page 4 Empty Re: That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302

Post by ToZiKa Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:12 pm

I really liked this chapter
the smut was good and, like Dawn said, I wouldn't even have thought about it affecting Ange in that way

the best part imo opinion wasthe last one though
I like to see that side of Bones, caring for someone, showing emotions
and of course Booth was right.....she would make a good mom

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302 - Page 4 Empty Re: That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302

Post by Laffers18 Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:18 am

Loving the smut, but really liked seeing how it affected Angela. So sad bless her, she has such a long way to go.

And i agree with Booth, Brennan would make a wonderful mother!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:02 am

Very Happy thanks for the reviews, guys (FUEL!), chapter eleven coming soon. Booth is going all federal, hhehehehe. Angela does have a long way to go. Something like that is not easy to recover from. Remember, the last chapter ended Sunday night a week after the start of the story. This chapter is on monday/tuesday. It will be up soon! going to watch Bones again for inpiration. <3 loves,
~Sunnie~ sunny Razz
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : In somnis veritas
Failure needs excuse. Success needs none.
Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:06 am

Booth going all federal, mmmmmmmmmmmm...........excuse me while i go lie down!! LOL
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302 - Page 4 Empty Chapter 11: On the Chase

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Ayayay. I have 104 degree temp drunken <-sick face (the usual for me...*sigh*), so don't blame me if some of this does not make sense... my mind is addled. I have no clue what I'm sick with. Fingers crossed it improves! Booth goes federal in this chappie... mostly investigation focused, Booth POV, etc.
Enjoy (especially you, my Booth obsessed [well who isn't?] Dylan friend Wink )!

WARNING WARNING WARNING: Something big happens in this chapter. Also, is sort of graphic assault. Don't want to give anything away, but wanted you to be warned, it's disturbing ( I tried to make it the least amount possible, being vague while you (reader) get the idea of what I'm trying to convey). Not overly detailed, but still. Definitely rated M, but not for smut. violence.

Thanks to all of yous who read my story ! :3 <-cute face.

Chapter Eleven: On the Chase

“Seeley Booth.” He answered, holding his phone to his ear as he drove. “Yeah. Okay. I’ll head right over.”
Seeley Booth flicked his siren on. There had just been a sighting of William in the area, at a local hotel. After a long week of no leads, it had seemed like the man had disappeared off of the face of the Earth. Now that he was sighted, Booth promised himself that he wouldn’t get away this time.
Bones and Angela were at home. They had still been sleeping when he had slipped out of the door in the morning, leaving a note for them. He had told them to call him when they woke up. Booth glanced at the time.They should be calling soon. It’s almost noon, and I doubt Angela can sleep that long, or Bones.
He had gone over the files again this morning, and he had been frustrated when he still had no leads. Charlie had walked in cautiously (he had known he was playing with fire), and asked him if he had wanted a coffee break. So that was why he had been at the diner, then was heading back when he got the call about the sighting.
Booth sped up, maneuvering skillfully through the noontime DC traffic. He had a filthy bastard to catch.
***********************approximately 60 minutes later***************
In his mind, Seeley Booth cussed in ways that would make a sailor blush.
The scene was empty. Well, almost empty. The room William had been staying in was almost immaculate except for two things. A suitcase full of clothes (with a handgun in it), and an anti-smoking ad on the counter.
Booth went over to the counter. Why would he clean up everything EXCEPT for the ad? Maybe it is important to him? Has an address?
He put on his gloves and turned it over. His heart stopped for a second.
Circled in the red hotel pen, was the line about trying to quit.
Finish what you have started, and this time follow through!
This could only mean one thing. They hadn’t called him yet. The line.
Holy God.
He ran out to his car and sped off to Brennan’s apartment, his sirens blaring until he got closer, then he shut them off. He was going to have to surprise William. He just hoped that Brennan and Angela weren’t hurt…or… No, he wasn’t going to think about that. He set his eyes straight ahead, preparing.
*****************Brennan/Angela about 35 minutes earlier, 12:25 pm******
Angela was in Brennan’s room, reading People magazine with Tempe. They were sitting on the king-sized bed, laughing at the idiotic styles and stories. Apparently, one of the Hollywood starlets had gotten a purple Mohawk, and they both giggled at the notion. Angela started to read again, but stopped reading suddenly, her body taut and staring at the door.
“I think I hear something…” she whispered, her eyes wide with fear.
Brennan was instantly worried, but she didn’t hear anything. Angela’s reaction scared her, though.
They both remained at high attention. Something wasn’t right.
Brennan put her hand gently over Angela’s mouth as the door knob began to slowly turn. Angela was trying to stay quiet, her whimpers muffled in her friend’s hand.
A barrel of a gun preceded the man as he walked in.
Oh, fuck.
Definitely not Booth, like Brennan had been hoping.
The man stepped into full view, his gun pointed at them. He grinned. His blond hair was mussed up, and his blue eyes were shiny. He closed and locked the door behind him.
“Hello, Angela. I see you have a pretty friend for me, too. What’s her name? Oh, and don’t say anything above the level I’m talking. So no screaming, shrieking, and the like. Or you and your pretty friend are going to die. And that would be a shame.” He finished, his grin now lopsided.
Angela’s whole body quivered, and all that came out of her mouth was whimpers. Seeing that Angela wasn’t going to talk, he angled his body slightly to look at Brennan, still keeping Angela in sight.
“So, what’s your name, pretty? You got a name?” He probed, stepping close enough to intimidate her but far enough away that she couldn’t grab the gun.
She looked at him defiantly. He immediately stepped towards her and held her arms behind her back in a hold, the gun to her head before she had time to react. He obviously had extensive martial arts training, because he squeezed her arm at a pressure point and her sight wavered before her eyes. Angela went silent and as pale as a sheet.
“Temperance.” She gave through gritted teeth as she tried to fight off the waves of pain radiating from her arm. Better to give him her name than be unconscious.
William stopped squeezing the pressure point, and took the gun to her shoulder now, still having her in the armlock. He licked his lips.
“Good girl. You’re a feisty one. I like that.” He praised, whispering into her ear. She shivered. He took a rope out of his pocket. He bound her hands together, then bound her feet as well, the gun still trained on her shoulder.
Angela silently watched in fear as he bound her friend, then turned to tie her.
“Oh, no, we can’t have you running away again.” He scolded as Angela shifted herself uncomfortably once she was bound. Their ankles were tied so they could walk in tiny steps, but couldn’t run.
He led them to the staircase and down the stairs, the gun still trained on them. They reached the back exit, and right outside was his car. There was no one in sight.
Angela was pushed from behind as she hesitated to move towards the vehicle and Brennan could feel her heart catch. Tears were streaming down Angela’s face, and while she was certainly scared, Angela had had recent memory of what this man was capable of doing.
She was standing next to the car now, next to Angela. They exchanged a glance. There was no getting out of this right now, they were stuck.
There was a cloth pressed against her mouth and nose, and as she gasped, she inhaled the chloroform. And all was dark.
Angela watched as her friend slumped unconsciously and William lifted her into the medium-sized trunk of the car, still looking at Angela.
“Her first. She was a lot more…defiant. Now it’s your turn.” He quickly held the cloth over her face, and Angela dropped into unconsciousness as well as William picked her up and put her in the trunk.
************Booth arriving at the apartment, time captured:55 minutes.******
Gone. They were gone. The covers in the bedroom were messed up, and an open magazine lay on the bed. The door had been open, and he was careful not to touch it in case it had fingerprints on it. Not like he didn’t know who that SOB was. He just needed incriminating evidence.
The backup team was on its way, he had called the squint squad and they were ready for him at the Jeffersonian. As soon as backup arrived, he would bring his files to the Jeffersonian and they would find his girls. He prayed to God they were alright.
****************************Brennan/Angela, same time*************
Her wrists were burning. Angela opened her eyes, fighting through the fuzziness that was her vision until the images became more clear and her eyes focused. She was in a room with no windows, and the walls were painted a pale pink. Ashe couldn’t find the door from where she was. There were two lamps, one on either side of the white four-poster full size bed. Her hands were tied to the top post on the left.
She became aware of breathing on her right, and turned her head to see Temperance lying next to her, her hands tied up to the right post. Her blue eyes were fluttering, then they finally opened and looked at her.
“Ange…” She rasped, her voice suddenly gone.
“Tempe. Can you see the door?” She whispered.
Tempe looked around, her gaze searching, then shook her head no. Angela looked at the wall. There was an antique clock on the wall, it read 1:25. They had already been captured for an hour.
The door clicked open behind them (so that’s where it was), and both women froze, their breath momentarily held.
William stood at the foot of the bed and watched them shrink under his gaze. He slowly went to Brennan and untied her for a second before putting her in a chair they hadn’t noticed and tying her there.
Angela was internally shutting down again; her mind already far away as Will stalked over and started undressing her. She had already known what he would do, just like before.
Brennan closed her eyes, hard, for a second, as he started to touch her friend. She could hear Angela whimpering in pain, and opened her eyes for one moment. Angela’s eyes were glazed over, her head to the side and her body limp as William continued to violate her body.

She couldn’t bear to watch. Her intestines roiled around in her stomach. She was going to be sick… Angela, get away from Angela…
“Stop!” She called loudly, causing him to turn around and fix her with an angry glare.
He got up and walked over to her. He stood there for a second. She looked down, as he remained still. His hand quickly flew out and slapped her hard across her left cheek.
She could see stars for a second as he hastily untied her and dragged her over to the bed by her hair, and she yelped as he hit her with the other hand, both of her cheeks now throbbing and red.
He tied her to the bed again and held her down as she struggled against him, but he was too heavy and her body was too exhausted.
“Bitch.” He hissed, his eyes shiny with anger. He held her arms at her sides, his fingers making more angry red marks as he gripped her arms like iron cuffs.“You and your friend are gonna pay for that.”
And for the next 15 minutes, her mind was just as far away as Angela’s as they both avoided the reality in their bed. Take me away from here, Booth . Brennan thought as their captor finally left the women shivering on the bed, in fear of when he would come in next. Take us away. We need you.
*************************Booth, same time************
“What have you people got? C’mon, we have a timeline!” Booth shouted at the startled squints.
“Seeley, we’re doing the best we can. We want to find them, too. Fast.” Cam replied, looking him directly in the eye.
Hodgins was at his station, working diligently. He had soil samples from the treads of the car outside and William’s shoes. The man had obviously been in hurry to make so many mistakes. They would definitely find him, it was just a matter of time. And right now, time was the one thing they didn’t have.
“I’ve got it!” Hodgins shouted. Booth and Cam practically ran over to his station.
“Desmoine street, in DC. The particulates are particular to that area…” He looked into their eyes and sped up his explanation. “And the tire track indicates a Chevy Impala. Look for the car and you should find where they are.” He finished, grabbing his jacket as the three of them ran out of the door, Booth in the lead.
*****************end chapter 11****************************

So sorry to leave you on a cliffie like that. That was kind of mean (i know, I know), but I promise that at least half of chapter 12 will be up tomorrow. I might have been a bit graphic. I was right about somethig big happening....
So, like? dislike? In between? Tell me! Your feedback is writeyness fuel!
FEDERAL BOOTH KICKS ASS!
A sick ~Sunnie~ <3 loves! sunny Sleep drunken
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Oh god he got them?
both of them?
you really have to get Booth there asap!
he needs to rescue them

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:27 am

Oh god, oh god, oh god! Not nice at all (what happened, not ur writing!)

Handled it perfectly. enough detail for us to know whats happening without it begin too horrible to actually read.

Now defo need the next chappie so Booth can go all federal on his ass and kill him (obviously rough him up first, don't want him to die painlessly now, do we?!)
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:38 pm

The chappie will be up tomorrow. I'm sick again, and so Sam is typing this for me. No sicknesses on the computer, please! Of course, Sam (wow this feels wierd typing in the third person-Sam) cannot write a chapter because Sunnie wants to write it and she's not masochistic enough to make Sunnie angry... esp. when she's sick, tired, and crabby. I (this is Sam speaking in 1st now) know that she apprciates the reviews. Thank You!
Hehe. Did you know that Sunnie talks in her sleep? Really loudly, too. I think she just said something about a blanket? And a tee shirt? I have no clue what the hell that mens, but alrighty. Anyways, bedtime for Sam! Hopefully Sunnie will shut up so I can get some sleep. Goodnight!
(For those of you who don't know, I'm one of her roomates)
>SAM< Like a Star @ heaven
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by carebear Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:47 pm

felt like I was interupting some kind of conversation there and I think I took a wrong turn at sunnie and ended up in Ohio lol hope you get better cant wait to read your next chapter you have me checking all the time for your story!
carebear
carebear
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 90
Say What You Want : Um dang didn't know there would be a essay part to this I forgot to study. Can you come back to me after I read my cliff notes?
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302 - Page 4 Empty Chapter 12: Closing In

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:29 pm

Hey guys! I'm (sorta) back! No fever anymore, so that's good. Just fatigue, and I napped from noon to four so I'm not especially tired right now... so I'm better!
Laughing YAY!
Sam- Thank for hitting me over the head with a pillow last night, that was sooo kind of you. *rolls eyes, then laughs* Suspect
Carebear- I can honestly say that I have no clue what the Ohio reference is, but I found it funny Very Happy here's chapter twelve for you.
oh, and one thing. I will be gone until monday with no internet acess, then my finals are monday and tuesday. I will TRY to post, but there's no guaranteeing. It just about breaks my heart (again, metaphors) not to be able to write for you people (well I' assuming you're people. But Hodgins would be mor an expert on this topic than I could ever be...)! I'm NOT bandoning this story, just thought that you should be warned that the next chapter might not be up for about a week-ish. Sad

Chapter Twelve: Closing In

****************************Booth*****************************

Seeley Booth had his lights on, but no sound came from them, as he sped towards where he hoped and prayed he would find the girls, alive. William was going to suffer.
Cam and Hodgins sat quietly in the backseat, knowing better than to speak when Booth was in this kind of mood, frankly, they didn’t want to talk much, either. Cam was staring straight ahead, and Hodgins was looking out of the window, hoping his Angela and Dr. B. were all right. Sure, he knew that he and Ange had stopped going out a while ago, but he still was very protective of her. Suddenly, Hodgins spotted something.
“Booth…” He ventured tentatively, hoping not to be poking the sleeping dragon, so to speak. “You’re gonna want to turn here. Take a right, and we’re on the street.”
Booth looked in the mirror at Hodgins and nodded, steering the car to the right. As he did so, he addressed the two squints in the back of his car.
“You’re going to stay here until I tell you. Got it?” He asked, his tone implying that anything but a yes would be a major issue.
Both Jack and Camille nodded their heads.
A black Chevy Impala was parked next to one of the houses, under the shade of a group of trees. Booth parked across the street, and went around the house so that if anyone was inside they wouldn’t be able to see him. When he reached the car, he crouched behind it and called for backup; telling them to be quiet or else it might startle William into doing something drastic. Of course, they knew this, but it gave Booth a better peace of mind.
He inspected the car carefully. There was no blood in it or on it, which was very good. The license plate number was taken down in a little pocket-sized notebook with a pen that he kept in his pocket.
After he was done with the car, he crept into the huge bushes that surrounded the abandoned-looking home. He sat there for a second, formulating how he would get into the house without being noticed. Then he made his move.
*****************************about twenty minutes earlier************
Bruises. They would show up in approximately an hour. Temperance Brennan had always been an easy and quick bruiser. Angela’s, which had started to fade, would now be replaced with a wave of new ones.
They both lay shivering on the bed, both very sore. There were cuts, insistent little scratches, all over their shoulders and backs. Brennan could feel a bit of the blood soaking into the sheetless mattress.
Without a word, both turned towards each other, icy blue eyes meeting light amber-brown ones. Angela reached her hand out and Brennan took it, silently.
The two friends were like this for about ten minutes when they heard the dreaded doorknob turning. Still holding each other’s hands like lifelines, they steeled themselves.
“Hello ladies.” The disturbingly calm voice greeted.
William walked over to Brennan and ran his hands through her hair. She reflexively shivered. He went to the other side and lifted Angela’s hair up and kissed the nape of her neck. He traced his fingers over her mouth. A loud crunch could be heard as Angela bit his index finger with all of her might, an angry, hurt, and scared look set on her face.
Hauling her off of the bed, the ropes quickly becoming undone, he threw her to the ground and screamed at her unintelligible words as he kicked her once. She shrieked, her breath coming in gasps as he descended upon her.
Brennan said a word of thanks to Booth’s God as she finally got the ropes undone. She quickly jumped off of the bed and kicked William. He fell over to the side of Angela with a groan of pain. Trying to get him away from Angela, she used the brief moment of her having the upper hand to drag him about five feet to the other side of the bed.
When he got over his temporary surprise, he grabbed Tempe’s ankle, causing her to fall to the ground next to him. He instantly got on top of her and knelt with his knee on her ribcage as he slapped her twice more. She weakly swung her fists, but Brennan could barely think with the sting of her face distracting her and the restriction of her lungs from William kneeling on her.
Suddenly, she heard a pop and a flash of pain as two of her ribs snapped under the pressure of her assailant’s weight. She screamed, and her screams faded to whimpers as her vision started going fuzzy and William took over her body. The last thing she heard and felt before everything went black was the door being kicked open and William being knocked off of her. I knew you would save us, Booth .
**********************Booth, present time****************************
Cold, pure,fury. That was all he felt right now, as he pinned the man, the monster, William, to the ground. Bones was still, her body limp, and Angela was curled up, whimpering, in the corner of the room.
“You. Fucking. Bastard. Don’t. You. Dare. Touch. My. Temperance.” He shouted, right in his ear.
The other man’s eyes bulged as Booth wrapped his hand around his throat and started to strangle him. There was no mercy here, as far as Booth was concerned.
“And. Don’t. Hurt. My. Family.” He added, as William’s face started to turn blue. He considered Angela as the sister he never had, Bones as his soulmate. They were his family.
Suddenly, Booth let go of his throat and took his gun out, aiming not for William’s head, but instead shot him slightly to the right of his heart, intending for him to bleed out. The man writhed in agony, and Booth left him there (he certainly wasn’t going to be going anywhere) and checked on Temperance. She was alive, but she looked broken. And that made his heart break.
There was nothing he could do for her at that moment until the medics came, so he slowly walked over to Angela, who was staring at him, wide-eyed. Surprisingly enough, she didn’t flinch when he got closer to her.
“Angela? Can you move?” He asked gently, his heart splitting now into corners as the usually vibrant young woman nodded silently through her tears. He drew her into a gentle hug and she burst into body-wracking sobs.
“Hey, shh, you’re safe now. Sit on the bed for a second and close your eyes, please.” He commanded softly, not wanting to traumatize her as he killed her tormentor. Angela wasn’t used to this sort of stuff (not like you could ever really get used to it).
He pulled out his gun again and this time shot William in the head, killing him instantly. There was a great amount of blood on the floor. Good. He had suffered.
“Okay, you can open your eyes now. Let’s get out of here.” He said to Angela, and she walked over to him. He gently picked Brennan up in his arms, and Angela clung to his right arm like a lifeline as he got them all the hell out of there, the sirens of the ambulances and back up outside.
They were safe. He sent a quick prayer of thanks to God before they emerged into the daylight, Cam, Hodgins, and the medics rushing over to help. I cannot thank You enough
************************endchpt.12*************************
Q?C?C? Writeyness is inspired by your lovely comments Very Happy Sleep now, now I'm actually tired. Have a wonderful Turkey Day, People! <3 Loves,
~Sunnie~ sunny Sleep I don\'t think so <-heh. I love this.
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by carebear Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:53 pm

Awwww your making me tear up over here now I gotta go fid me some chocolate to make me a happy carebear , lol. I am going to re-read you story up till now and can't wait to read your next chapter. Yeah the Ohio thing just popped into my head it was funy at the time I wrote it if ever read a comment by me and have no idea what it means try the carebear dictionary it comes in handy to understand my thoughts Smile No more saddness when your back joy joy and a little happiness thown
carebear
carebear
Squint
Squint

Say What You Want : Um dang didn't know there would be a essay part to this I forgot to study. Can you come back to me after I read my cliff notes?

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:51 pm

apart from the fact that Booth will lose his joband will have to be prosecuted for murder, this chapter wasn't too bad......but seriously this could never happen on the show......Booth isn't stupid after all

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:31 am

I liked it. I understand peeps may say Booth went OTT but i'm not too fussed. I think he prob should of shot him as soon as he saw him suffocationg Brennan, but dead is dead so its all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look forward to your next chappie!!!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:57 am

aha! I'm temporarily back! Thanks for all of the feedback, guys. <3
Toz-
You'reright that Booth isn't stupid,and that this cold probably never happen on the show. And I agree this was OTT. I thought about the whole Booth getting in trouble thing and I think that I have found him a reasonable loophole. I think.
1) He's allowed to carry and discharge a firearm at his discretion, he's an FBI.
2) This man wan't an innocent bystander, he kidnapped and assaulted (polite way of saying it...) two women with intent to kill them.
3) He was defending unarmed civilians againstan unprovoked attack.
I have no clue what that would do in the real world legally, but I think it would make a jury to side with him and I don't think would be fired if hewasn't prosecuted. These are just my ideas, I'm not saying you're wrong Smile
Carebear-
Awwww, chocolate? Save some for me... Wink I will try to write a personal carebear dictionary to decipher you comments in the future then sell it on ebay for millions of dollars, bwahahaha! Well, not really, but hey, I enjoy being a spaz sometimes. Very Happy Next chapter deals with whatever is necessary but hopefully it won't be too dark. Fingers crossed.
Dylan- Thanks! I tried to make him suffer a bit, at least not have an instant death. hopefully that doesn't get Booth charged with murder... that would be wicked bad. NOT GOOD. heh, hopefully I get away with him not getting prosecuted, etc. like Toz said. eeps! I might have the next chapter by tonight.
LOVES TO YOU ALL <3
~Sunnie~ sunny
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:45 am

BrainySmurf0302 wrote:aha! I'm temporarily back! Thanks for all of the feedback, guys. <3
Toz-
You're right that Booth isn't stupid, and that this cold probably never happen on the show. And I agree this was OTT. I thought about the whole Booth getting in trouble thing and I think that I have found him a reasonable loophole. I think.
Well see, I think the case can be made but your loopholes are going to need some widening for his career to fit through them unscathed.
1) He's allowed to carry and discharge a firearm at his discretion, he's an FBI.
Not entirely. He has to have cause to discharge his firearm and any discharge requires him to fill out paperwork and undergo an administrative review. Booth's had a few of these and with Brennan being in the mix you can count on it being another lengthy review and psych eval.
2) This man wasn't an innocent bystander, he kidnapped and assaulted (polite way of saying it...) two women with intent to kill them.
Yes, but the fact that the man is guilty of being a pathetic scumbag rapist doesn't mean he can be shot on sight. It doesn't even mean he can be assaulted with undo force. Only if there's a direct threat to the two victims/hostages can the use of deadly force be warranted - and I can make the case for that in a second.
3) He was defending unarmed civilians against an unprovoked attack.
Yes, and that's your strongest point really but here's the problem - in your story he tackles William and pins him to the ground - that means Booth has effectively established control of the perp/situation and deadly force is off the table. Then things go south as Booth relinquishes control of the perp in an attempt at manual strangulation - now not only is shooting off the table but we're looking at attempted murder in the second degree. Worse, the subsequent shooting would be attempted murder in the first degree because previous circumstance - the establishment of control, relinquishing control and attempted strangulation, would impart premeditation on all subsequent actions of Booth's. Toz is right, Booth would lose his job for that, go to jail for sure, and he's way, way too smart for that to happen. Nope. Don't see it breaking that way.

What I do see happening is Booth coming through the door, gun drawn, when he sees the man who raped Angela, who may have raped Brennan (he doesn't know for sure yet) and was in the process of assaulting her. Given that scene it'd only be natural for his gun to come up and for him to snap off one or two shots. Result, dead perp. That or Booth bull rushing William the minute he gets in the apartment and in the ensuing struggle he is knocked to the ground. William's a big guy after all and if Booth gets knocked down he'd have reason to believe he or Brennan or Angela could be in danger, then I can see Booth drawing from the prone position and emptying the magazine in him. BTW, the number of shots would be important in each scenario. The first would be a controlled entry and an Agent responding to a threat against his partner and a civilian, the second would be an Agent reacting in what he perceived was a threat to his life and the lives of the 'hostages'.

I have no clue what that would do in the real world legally, but I think it would make a jury to side with him and I don't think would be fired if he wasn't prosecuted. These are just my ideas, I'm not saying you're wrong Smile
Yep, from a story point of view I've got no real issues but I see Toz's point. Anyway I've always been a fan of Dark Booth, and this is pretty dark. Wink

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302 - Page 4 Empty Chapter 13: Silence After the Storm

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:30 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven *applause*
Thanks for the review, king RM! I wish I could do it over again, but I don't think that would be fair to the readers (more delay in the subsequent chapters, eekkk!) or to me (I already have this chapter thought out...). Can I *pleasepleaseplease* make it a bit fantasy rather than fiction in the fact that Booth can get away? Pretty please? I know this wouldn't ever happen on the show, real life, etc., but the rest of the story won't be so... debatable. Okey Dokies? HEY SO GUESS WHAT?
NEW CHAPPIE! JUST FOR YOU AWESOME PEOPLE/ALIENS(<-carebear? hehe just kidding Very Happy )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHOOOHOO!
I think that writing and TV shows are more successful when there's controversy. So yay to controversy!
I realize you probably want me to get on with it and that right now my vocabulary skills have regressed to those of a nine-year old (no offense to you nine year olds, but HEY! get out of my fanfic [not like I hate you or anything, but...], and wait at least another eight or nine years!).
So get on I must. Enjoy!
Actually, I changed my mind, not on posting a new chapter, but I'll revise the last scene to make it legal and so I won't feel guilty (<- not your fault, i admit I was rushig a bit when writing said scene). So, revision. Then new Chappie. Yes?

********************revision***************************

The first thing he could see was the man, correction, the monster, crouched over her as she lost consciousness, his knee on her chest and his hand around her neck. Direct threat and harm to an unarmed civilian. Strike one, two to go before you’re dead, bastard.
Cold, pure,fury. That was all he felt right now, as he pinned the man, the monster, William, to the ground. Bones was still, her body limp, and Angela was curled up, whimpering, in the corner of the room.
“You. Fucking. Bastard. Don’t. You. Dare. Touch. My. Temperance.” He shouted, right in his ear. “And. Don’t. Hurt. My. Family.” He finished.
Angela was honest-to-God like a younger sister to him. Bones was his soulmate. And they were a part of his squinty family. Seeley Booth was loyal to his family.
William seemed to be trapped, and closed his eyes in what seemed like submission. What happened next, Booth should have seen coming. But seeing as he was preoccupied with restraining the man and it was all he could do not to submit to the red curtain before his eyes and kill the goddamn man, the former sniper let the warning signals slip past him.
A burst of pain exploded in his left leg as William stabbed his leg with the knife he always carried with him, the same he had threatened Angela with the first time. He used the agent’s temporary surprise to roll over and pin him down. After about one second, Booth was still trying to recover when his leg was stabbed again, this time higher up. The pain was sharp at first, but then they both faded to a dull roar. Assault of a federal agent. Strike two
His thought was for about one second as he thought about what was preventing him from shooting and killing the bastard right then and there. The answer?
Nothing .
He had been attacked, and the man was trying to injure him and quite possibly kill him, there was no doubt. He had a witness to William’s attack on him, Angela. Strike three. He quickly heaved all of his weight forwards, sending the man backwards. Booth drew his gun out and aimed. At the shot,William slumped onto the carpet, the knife still in his hand and his cold blue eyes glazed over. Dead.
Booth wasted no time on the dead man in the room and rushed over to the still limp body of Temperance Brennan. He put his fingers to her neck for a pulse, and thankfully found it. Brushing her hair from her face, he looked at her. She looked so… broken. And that tore his heart in half. Seeing as there was nothing he could do for Bones right now, he made his way slowly over to Angela, not sure of how she would react.
At first she flinched when he got near, so he stopped where he was. After about two seconds, though, she let him help her up. Angela was totally silent, and Booth took off his jacket and put it around her shoulders. It was long on her tall but slender frame, and so it preserved what little dignity she had left. She raised her eyes to Booth’s in a silent thanks, and with him limping on his left leg, they made it over to the other side of the room again.
Brennan’s face was pale, her eyes closed and her limbs loose as Booth wrapped her as gently as possible in one of the sheets lying around. Bracing himself so that he didn’t fall over, he picked her up and with Angela on his arm, he headed out of the house with Angela at his left, clinging to his arm like a lifeline.
He sent a quick prayer to Him as they emerged into the daylight and to where Cam, Hodgins, backup, and the medics rushed to their aid. I cannot thank You enough .
*****************REVISION COMPLETA!**************************

yes? no? maybe? I think this is mucho mejor (<- much better, for you non-spanish speaking peeps Wink ). Now the new Chapter. Yay! Que fantastico!

*********************Chapter 13!!!******************************

The empty eyes. He could see them again. Except this time they were in not only Angela's eyes, but Temperance's as well. There was no doubt in his mind that she had been victim to William's lust. And as if to prove his point, both of their rape kit tests had come back positive. That bastard was lucky he was already dead.

The empty eyes. He could see them again. Except this time they were in not only Angela's eyes, but Temperance's as well. There was no doubt in his mind that she had been victim to William's lust. And as if to prove his point, both of their rape kit tests had come back positive. That bastard was lucky he was already dead.
Bones had regained consciousness eighteen hours ago, one hour after going unconscious. She had refused to let Booth even near her, and it hurt him a little bit even though she had explained that she wasn’t ready to be near anyone except for Angela right now. He had resigned to hanging out outside of her and Angela’s room, making sure they could call to him and he could be there. Because that’s what he was for. Being there.
Pain having been obliterated temporarily by heavy painkillers, the two friends lay side by side. Brennan had withdrawn into a shell, as had Angela, and the silence in the room was so thick you could have cut it with a knife except for the sound of their steady, drug-induced breathing.
Angela had new bruises across her whole body. She thought about Booth as she tried to think about anything but what had caused those marks. Booth had been treated for his leg and now had one temporary crutch, but he would be fine.
Angela now regarded him with hero worship. He had saved them, and she couldn’t thank him enough. If he hadn’t… well who knew what the hell could have happened. It wouldn’t have ended well, that’s for sure. She shuddered.
She closed her eyes shut tightly as she tried to fight off the images that assaulted her mind. Angela’s eyes opened, and having been successful for now, she listened when Brennan finally spoke next to her.
“Hey Angie?” She rasped, her throat swollen and bruised like most of the rest of her body.
“Yeah?” Angela replied, and reached out to hold her hand.
“Have you ever considered suicide?” She blurted out, studying her fingers.
Angela’s eyes flew open at this, and she was silent for a second for a moment before answering.
“First of all, DON’T YOU DARE. You’re too important to me, and I love you.” She looked Brennan in the eye, and she looked back, her gaze wavered but held.
“And to answer your question, yes, twice.” She added more quietly. “The first time was a close call, you remember, don’t you? You do. But that was when I was seventeen, and I was in a severe depression. And I was lucky I got to the hospital on time. The second time was immediately after he raped me, but I didn’t even get close to it because you and Booth were taking such good care of me… and by the time I had thought it over again and again, I had realized you and the people I loved were too important to me to make them suffer in that way. I was being selfish, I figured. And I think someday this will be behind me, not forgotten, but behind.”
Brennan was silent during this talk, absorbing the information. Of course, she hadn’t thought she could carry through with the physical act, but she had thought on it quite extensively in the silence that had been in the room. She nodded, realizing that what Angela had said was right.
“You’re right…” She agreed, pausing. “And Ange?”
Angela looked her in the eye and looked at her expectantly.
“I love you too.”
Angela and Brennan both smiled for the first time in the past day, letting go of each other’s hands. They were both glad that they were there for each other. Sisters, they had said when they were young.
Angela smiled at this memory as she drifted off to sleep, the painkillers finally having their way. Next to her, Brennan had already succumbed to the heavy curtain of sleep weighing on her eyes and slept. Both of the women’s faces were free of pain as they slipped into deep sleep.
***********************end chapter 13*************************

Yeah, I know it was short. Sorry about that. I gotta go to bed! trimester Finals tomorrow, tuesday, and wednesday (Whoo I'm so excited Rolling Eyes ). More probably either on wednesday or friday. Let me know what you coolio readers think! Was it too OOC, or is that understandable under the circumstances? Or was it in charatcter? You peeps inpire my writeyness,so feedback is fabulous and very appreciated. <3 Loves,
~Sunnie~ sunny Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Have you guessed that I like to sleep late and stay up late? Unfortunately, that just isn't possible all the time, much to my dismay. Sad I want Sleep for sunny !
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:54 pm

Like the revision--a better flow and (yeah) a better set-up.

I'm not entirely sure about Brennan's reaction...at least the suicide aspect. Otherwise, good Bren/Ange interaction!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by venzwife Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:36 pm

Excellent chapter...heartbreaking & dramatic, but excellent. I hope they are able to recover from this. I know they will, but I know it will be difficult. I feel sorry for Booth as well because he just got with Brennan, and now they have another crisis to deal with.Those poor people just can't live a simple life, can they?

venzwife

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 am

I have to agree that the flow and setup are much better in the revision, even though I was willing to accept the other version (creative allowance as it were) I think this just reads better. Also, poor Booth and Brennan. It seems callous to say but Angela's been through the wringer once so as damaged as she is part of her was already prepared for what she was going to go through with William and the aftermath of the rape. But poor Brennan, she'd just entered into her ideal relationship with the love of her life, so she's dealing not only with the trauma of the rape itself but I'm sure she's convinced he won't want her anymore because she's been soiled by the bastard who violated her. They say the course of true love ne'er did run smooth, but for these two it'd be nice if it could at least avoid the log jams of life.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:36 am

I didn't mean to cause so much discussion.....and you really didn't have to rewrite the last chapter.
But I liked the new version a lot more anyway.

And the - very short indeed - chapter 13 was well done too.
Although I feel sad, that they won't let Booth into their room just yet.....but I can understand that they need some time.

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:59 am

Poor Bren and Angela, literally been to hell and back.

I hope this doesn't totally destroy Brennans relationship with Booth, but i guess its gonna go through a difficult patch for a while as Brennan recovers (physically, mentally and emotionally)

Looking forward to the next chappie!!!!!!!!!!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:33 am

Here to reply to all of your wonderful comments- next chappie is halvsies, half tomorrow and half friday. Yay! I had all smart and not brief replys for you, but the deleted. So, brief for now, and sorry about that.

Dawnsfire- Thanks! I wasn't sure about the whole suicide thing either, but I don't think I could ever kill her off. ever. Ange/Bren interactions are my specialty! Smile
Venzwife-Thank you too ( hehe clever rhymer, I am)! I hate that there's so much crisis in their lives, but I guess it's job hazard. At least we know that since they've been through so many before, that they will emerge in one piece.
RM- Poetic. Can you read my mind? You captured where I feel the characters would be about now. Good job Smile I think that they are all the more stronger for the log jams, though, survivor strength, i guess?
ToZ- DOn't worry, be happy! *hums a little then returns to earth* I liked revising it, and it put me at peace with myself. It runs alot smoother. I like it. Very Happy Glad you did, too.
Dylan- I don't think it will. They have stayed strong thus far. They will prob. go through a few little patches, but we'll see. Chapter 14 (wow that far already?) part one coming up tomorrow!

Loves <3,
~Sunnie~ sunny <- is it me or does this look like an orange and yellow snowflake? Not a sun?
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by carebear Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:03 am

wow I really liked the redone version can not wait to read more of your chapters and us aliens thank you as well* beams up* Wink
carebear
carebear
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:38 am

Dropping by to see if new chappie up, guess i'll have to be a bit more patient!!

Looking forward to more!!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302 - Page 4 Empty Chapter 14: Even When There's Clouds You Know The Sun Is There

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Screw halvsies! I'm putting it all up today (friday/saturday)!
The title is kind of long. Oh well.
I got new glasses. They're light blue and sort of epic. My old ones broke, I've been surviving the last two years without 'em. They're good for when your eyes are dry and allergy-sore. And I can see the computer after contacts are taken out! More story for you! YAY!
Sorry I didn't post this earlier, I found out on wednesday that I had more finals. I had to study. XP!
Here's chapter 14. <3s.
“Please eat your breakfast, Temperance.” Booth gently asked.
A week later, and they had been released from the hospital. Booth had been at Bones’ apartment for a couple of days already. Angela was in the other room, drawing. She had been recovering faster than her best friend, as far as having the appearance of being psychologically alright. He knew she wasn’t, but at least she was able to fake it.
Temperance.
She, however, was recovering slower. It had always been hard to get her to eat before, but at this point it was easier to get Parker to eat his broccoli. He would bug her until she ate. Instead of responding in her usual ‘I can take care of myself’ attitude, she would just cave. And that scared him.
He had told her that he still loved her. Booth knew she needed to hear that. She had looked up at him and gave him one of those half attempts at a smile that melted his heart. Brennan had whispered back that she loved him too.
But he understood, she hadn’t shown any physical affection towards anyone but giving Angela an occasional hug. So he wasn’t disappointed when she had walked into her room, where she and Angela had been staying. Booth was in the guest room. And that was fine with him, as long as he could keep her safe.
A clang of the fork on her plate brought him back to the present. Tempe was staring up at him, her plate finally finished.
“Done.” She explained, seeing the startled look on his face.
Bones took her plate over to the kitchen and stuck it in the dish washer. Booth looked after her for a moment, then sat down as she went to go find Angela.
Lines. Angela furrowed her brow, concentrating. She was drawing, well, she didn’t know what. It was abstract art. The feel of a pencil in her hand, with the lead pressed to the paper, was therapeutic. It calmed her down when she was upset, focused her when she became unfocused. Maybe that was why she had filled a whole sketchbook that week.
“Hey Ange.”
Angela startled, stifling a shriek as Temperance’s voice sounded from right over her shoulder.
“Don’t DO that!” She said loudly, still breathing heavily.
“Sorry,” Brennan apologized, looking at Angela’s drawing like one of her bodies. “Abstract?” She asked, her voice taking on a confused sound.
“Yeah. I know, I haven’t done it for a while. I thought I’d refresh my memory.” Ange replied, turning towards her friend.
Angela took her pencil and flipped her sketchbook to a new page, handing them to her friend.
“Here. You try drawing. Anything, everything, it doesn’t matter.” She explained. She wanted to see what Tempe would draw.

Temperance put the pencil down, proud that even though she wasn’t as good of an artist as Angela, she could still hold her own. She was finished with her drawing.
Her style was very different from Angela’s. Whereas Angela was comfortable with just letting go, using imperfect lines in her art, Brennan’s eye for detail and perfectionism came into play when she drew.
The paper was filled.
In the foreground, a heart was being unwrapped from barbed wire, the white bone hands freeing it bleeding. There were still marks on the heart, but they were closed. There were clouds rolling behind it, but there were just one or two light shafts that broke through the clouds, the hand not bleeding on the places that the sunlight hit it.
Angela studied her drawing, not saying anything about the obviously metaphorical imagery that was on the page that Brennan was holding. It spoke on its own.
Brennan felt strange. Every time Angela had gotten her to draw, she felt like she was stripped naked, with people studying her. And she knew, she knew that Angela could understand what was being portrayed in her drawing.
“Good.” Angela praised, lifting her gaze from the paper.
They understood. And they believed in it.
******************************more later today. ******
I need sleep. Understatement of the year. TGIF/S (it's saturday by all means). So i wil post more later today, probably before 2 pm. Loves! <3
~Sunnie~ sunny Sleep
Thanks foral lof your patence and awesomeness! <333333
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next