Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302

+15
sirenized
Mimo
THX1138
dawnsfire
TempestJo
venzwife
carebear
ReginaPhalange
Laffers18
WhenInRome
DBCrazy
A2BOREANAZ
ToZiKa
Bonesbabe
BrainySmurf0302
19 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302 - Page 6 Empty Chapter 17a: LOngest Chapter EVER!

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:32 pm

I ate at Olive Garden today for the first time in my life. Yummy Fettuccine Alfredo. I'm an adopted Italian. Not biologically. But it means mom makes yummy food at christmas.... yummmmmmmmm.
ANYWAYS (soo off topic)! I AM inspired today, and therefore you get not five but 6! Pages! YAY! (In case you haven't noticed, I'm in an... Angelic (? like Angela?) mood today). So grab some popcorn, soda, and santa hats and ENJOY!
Chapter 17! (longest chapter ever!)

The restaurant resonated with the happy chatter of the diners, the aroma of good food in the air. The ceilings were a bit low, but not so low that it would inspire claustrophobia. Dimmed lights, and sparkling candle holders. This is why some Temperance and Angela’s favorite places were restaurants.

Booth was sitting across from Angela and Bones, and Ange was having a heated debate with Booth about some sort of band. Bones wasn’t really paying attention. She looked around, absorbing the atmosphere and doing what she did best: observing.

Suddenly, a motion caught her eye. A pair of small hands started to clap, and her attention was drawn to the baby sitting at a table diagonal from theirs, behind where Booth was sitting.

The infant had apparently sensed the woman’s gaze because she turned around and stared back. The parents (or who Temperance assumed to be the parents) were deep in conversation and didn’t notice the shift in their child’s attention.

Tempe smiled. The baby girl was adorable. With rosy cheeks, bright blue eyes, and only wisps of light brown fuzz, the baby smiled a gummy smile back. There were maybe five teeth in her mouth. At that, Temperance’s smile grew into a repressed laugh. Booth and Angela kept arguing amicably, totally missing the interactions.

The baby was still fixing her with a stare with unnatural focus.

What do babies like? Temperance was at a loss of what to do. Then she remembered. Strange expressions! Booth had told her that.

Angela noticed her friend’s face before Booth did. Brennan didn’t notice the table go quiet as they stared at her in wonder.

She stuck out her toungue and widened her eyes so that she looked surprised. The baby started to giggle and clapped her hands. Spurred on by her captive audience, Brennan wiggled her fingers and then hid her face. The child went silent. Then she uncovered her face, with a new strange expression on it. The little girl burst into peals of laughter, still looking at Brennan. The parents then noticed, smiled, and waved to Brennan. She waved back, and the infant continued to observe her even though she had stopped making faces.

What are you doing?” Booth inquired, laughing. Since the baby was behind him, he had only seen her making faces for what seemed like no apparent reason.

“Did we really bore you that much, because…”

Angela cut him off. “Look, Booth.” She pointed behind him, beaming at the cutie that was now looking at both her and Brennan.

“Oh… okay. Hey pumpkin!” He waved at the baby, and the baby cracked a grin again. My oh my were these strange people entertaining.

“Why do you address the baby as a gourd? I don’t understand.” Bones piped up, now looking at Booth.

“It’s a term of affection, Bones. Like how Angela calls people sweetie.” He explained, fighting the urge to roll his eyes. A gourd?

She nodded, and turned her attention to the meal that had been packaged for her. Four days after movie night, she was starting to feel better. Her moods weren’t as unstable, and she had been sleeping in her bed with Booth and Angela. Good thing she had such a big bed.

She might have kicked Angela out under normal circumstances, but she had a feeling that Angela wasn’t ready to be all by herself yet. And she and Booth weren’t doing anything anyways. Good morning kisses, sure, but nothing that Parker couldn’t have seen. Besides, she felt better with Angela around in that first millisecond of panic she woke up with every morning.

As they got up to leave, they stopped at the couple’s table to say hello. The couple were very friendly, and chatted for a few moments.

“Sofie just loves you.” The mother commented as Brennan tickled her and made her shriek with laughter. “You’re a natural. How far along are you?” She asked, out of polite inquisition.

“Thank you for the compliment, but I’m not…” Brennan started before being cut off by the mother’s apologies.

The three of them said goodbye to the couple and their baby, heading to the car. Angela was incredulous but had maintained her composure until all of them got into the car and Booth started driving back to Brennan’s apartment.

“I can’t believe… wow, the nerve…” Angela muttered to herself.

Brennan remained calm. “She obviously didn’t mean to insult me. It’s alright.” She reassured her friend.

Angela quieted down and they rode back to the apartment in silence, glowing from a good time with good friends.

Later that night, Angela was startled to hear Brennan crying. Booth was out getting a file from work and all of the coinciding paperwork done. He wouldn’t be back until late.

She followed the sound, until she stood outside of the bathroom door. Brennan was sobbing now, sounding like her lungs were gasping. Angela opened the door.

Temperance was curled up in the corner, her face in her hands.

“Sweetie, what’s wrong?” Angela asked, her voice showing her concern.

It was then that her eyes fell on the pregnancy test on the counter.

Oh. My. God.

She wrapped her arms around her friend’s shoulders. Tempe grew quiet, as she became suddenly aware of Angela’s presence.

“Tempe, are you…” Angela asked hesitantly, before being cut off by Brennan.

“No.” She whispered, and the tears started to trail down her face again.

Angela was as confused as hell. But her friend needed her, so she put away her own feelings for a second and just held her as she cried. Eventually, Brennan looked up.

“Sorry…” She started. “The first one was positive. I panicked. It really scared me, Ange. Not knowing. But the second one is negative, so…”

“It’s alright, Sweetie. It’s okay to feel that way.” Angela reassured her, squeezing her hand before helping her up. “You can’t get away from all of your feelings, even if you try your damndest.”

The two women proceeded to clean up the bathroom, then got into their pajamas. Finally, half an hour later, they were both curled up in bed and reading their respective magazines. The flutter of the pages was the only sound in the room.

Booth still wasn’t home, so after another ten minutes; Angela shut off the lights and crawled back into bed. All cozy and warm, she shut her eyes.

“You know you’re going to have to tell Booth, right?” Angela asked after a few moments of considering the events of the day.

“Mmhmm. Goodnight, Angie-la-la, love you.” She murmured sleepily, using her pet name she had called Angela occasionally in high school. She rolled over, turning towards her friend and moved over until her head was beneath Angela’s on the pillow. Sighing, she settled, then was quiet. Angela closed her eyes. “Love you too, Tempe. Sweet dreams.” Soon the room was filled with steady breathing, all asleep.
The other two pages might be posted tomorrow, but most likely the day after christmas ( I'm not leaving till next wednesday, now. YAY.)
Q? C? C? You likey? Tell me about it. I love feedback! <3
~Sunnie~ Sleep sunny santa rendeer MERRY CHRISTMAS! (You can still have a happy 24th/25th even if you don't celebrate) SO HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY AND I'LL SEE YOU ALL SOON <33333. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by BrainySmurf0302 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : In somnis veritas
Failure needs excuse. Success needs none.
Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302 - Page 6 Empty Re: That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302

Post by ToZiKa Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:50 am

So she wanted to be pregnant?
I don't get it.....shouldn't she be afraid that it might not be Booth's baby?
Sometimes I really don't get your logic..... confused

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302 - Page 6 Empty Re: That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:39 am

I realize now it must be confusing. I used the wrong word.
So, she has baby on mind. Takes pregnancy test, first one positive. Panics, because is it Booth's? Or not?
Takes another, because, go to be sure. negative. Thought she had a small human in her for a fleeting moment. Turns out it's not there. makes her upset, because it could have been Booth's. Basically, She's just upset from first the panic, then the negativeness. Overwhelmed with emotion she doesn't know how to identify, so she picks one to explain.
That probably made no sense either.
O__o Smile
Sunnie
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:41 am

BrainySmurf0302 wrote:I realize now it must be confusing. I used the wrong word.
So, she has baby on mind. Takes pregnancy test, first one positive. Panics, because is it Booth's? Or not?
Takes another, because, go to be sure. negative. Thought she had a small human in her for a fleeting moment. Turns out it's not there. makes her upset, because it could have been Booth's. Basically, She's just upset from first the panic, then the negativeness. Overwhelmed with emotion she doesn't know how to identify, so she picks one to explain.
That probably made no sense either.
O__o Smile
Sunnie

oh it did make sense....but you never mentioned that she was afraid it could have been not Booth's baby

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:45 am

That made total sense to me (but then i am slightly odd sooooo.....not necessarily a good thing!!!!!!!) LOL

Look forward to more!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:56 am

You can't be THAT old if you're using a computer Smile
solved the problem. See, that's why I need you people. You're my proofreaders. Thank you <3
My brain is very good at focusing. But I can't easily form thoughts into the written word. So writing stories is a good way of expression and improving writing skills! Yay me!
Bones is back on the 14th. that makes me very sad. I will probably suffer from Bones-withdrawal symptoms such as mutterng parts of the human skeleton under my breath, Shouting king of the lab every day, and quoting bones once a day. Basically, not that much different from before. but instead, grieving the loss of bones.
~Sunnie~
santa santa rendeer sunny jocolor <-King, Queen, may I be the court Jester??? Please???
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:46 am

I figured the initial panic was attached to the rape. No one wants to carry a rapist's child, after all. And the relief (tears that got a little hysterical because she's living on the edge of her emotions right now, and is more volatile than she's been since her parents left) comes because she isn't pregnant. She isn't, right? Suspect I mean, one of those tests was wrong. You wouldn't do that to her, right?

queen

as for the jocolor thing, if the King agrees, I do as well...
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimo Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:50 am

so, I finally made it all the way here and I love it!!
Somewhere rather in the beginning I thought it might get boring but it turned out not to be so, and I'm glad that I kept on reading.
Hope to read some more very soon!!! Wink

Mimo
Mimo
Mimo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 545
Say What You Want : Everything happens for a reason.
Registration date : 2009-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by carebear Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:03 pm

Awwwwww so sad Sad cant wait fr more
carebear
carebear
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 90
Say What You Want : Um dang didn't know there would be a essay part to this I forgot to study. Can you come back to me after I read my cliff notes?
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:30 am

Glad you people are happy Smile
How were your holidays? I hope they were pleasant. Mine were. I got Bones season 4 from Sam (a.k.a. WhenInRome here)! AHHHYAYYY!
I Expect to post tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday. I'm leaving wednesday until New Years. No internet. Boohoo. Sad
Well, type to you tomorrow, right now I'm watching previously mentioned chidren and their bedtime is right about now.
So Goodnight!
~Sunnie~ sunny jocolor
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:43 am

Tomorrow. XP I hate the thing called real life that keeps me from writing. XP Sorry. Sad
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302 - Page 6 Empty Chapter 17b: Longest chapter EVER! Avg. sized portion..

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:09 pm

Hello! Babysitting WhenInRome's small siblings. Two year old boy and Six year old girl. Oh my.
They in bed now, so... time to type.
This is the other two pages. I'm not on my computer, so hopefully this saves.
I might be able to post tomorrow, but I have no clue. I'm gonna be gone from tuesday night to sunday night.
Anyways... Here's the next two pages of the chapter, sorry if it's short.
**************************************************************17b.

Booth could feel her stare from across the room, in the dark. It was about one in the morning, and she should have been fast asleep. If he believed in sixth senses (which he sometimes did), he would have thought she had one for his presence. Strange.

Angela was fast asleep, her left arm draped over Bones' side. Her right hand was fisted in her friend's hair. There was a slight glow from the clock on the night stand and the door of the bathroom that was connected to her bedroom.

Carefully, so as not to disturb Angela, Booth climbed into bed. He could hear Bones’ sigh as she settled back into the bed. Copying her movements, Booth fidgeted until he found a comfortable position. About to fall asleep, he heard one whisper.

“I need to talk to you in the morning. Don’t worry, though. Go to…sleep.” She mumbled, her head unable to turn to face Booth because of Angela’s vice-like grip on her hair.

The morning came quicker than expected, the sunlight peeking through the shades in the bedroom. Temperance Brennan hadn’t always awoken with the sun. Before her parents left, she had been able to sleep until noon. A typical teenager.

Afterwards, being shuffled around from home to home, sometimes it was a good thing to rise before all of the others. It saved her many undeserved punishments that were the cause of the frustration of her foster parents. Even when she had finally gotten out of the system, the habit had stayed with her. Occasionally, she had been able to sleep in after stressful days. Those days, they were rare.

Angela had finally let go of her hair (she had an annoying thing of doing that in her sleep). Gently easing herself out from under her friend’s arm, she noticed that Booth wasn’t in bed. He had come in very early in the morning. The paperwork pile on his desk must have been monstrous. Temperance felt a rush of sympathy for him.

She found him in the kitchen, sitting at the table and drinking his coffee. A cup of coffee was at the seat where she usually sat. Smiling, Tempe sat down.
“Thanks, Booth.”

“You’re welcome, Bones.” He paused for a moment. “You said something about needing to talk to me, last night?”

Tempe nodded in agreement, downing about half of her coffee before beginning. And, to be honest, she didn’t really know how to start.

“I…uhmm. Well, I don’t know if you saw the pregnancy tests. I’m not sure if I’m pregnant or not.” She began awkwardly, the weight of her words falling on Booth’s thoughts. “One was positive, one negative. My period’s late by two days… but that could be a hormonal fluctuation due to my medicine and the stress my body has been undergoing.”

In his mind, Booth’s thoughts were running a mile a minute, trying to process what she had told him and come up with something appropriate to say.

“Were you on birth control?” he finally managed to ask.

“No, that’s what is bothering me. And… I don’t know if… if I am… if it’s yours. Or his.” She answered, her eyes brimming with moisture. “I guess I’ll take another test. I… I’m scared, Seeley.”

He could see the fear in her eyes, and knew how much it meant for her, Temperance Brennan, to admit she was afraid. Booth felt scared for her, too. But it was too early to jump into pessimistic conclusions. This was not what the squint squad would refer to as an educated scientific conclusion.

Brennan studied him for his reaction. She had been afraid that sharing this with him would make him frustrated with her. Instead, he seemed to be as visibly shaken as she was. He stood up, moved over to her, and picked her up onto her feet, wrapping her in a tight embrace.

Surprisingly, she didn’t tense up like she had been doing the past week or so. Tempe melted into his arms. Booth kissed her tenderly on her forehead.

“It’ll be alright, Bones. I know it. Well, I don’t know it, but…” He whispered into her hair.

“Let me guess, gut feeling?” Temperance smiled weakly. She had forgotten how safe his arms had made her feel.

“You could call it that.” He replied, releasing his hold on her. “You could call it that.”

******************************later***************

I will almost never doubt Seeley Joseph Booth’s ‘gut feelings’ again , Brennan thought as she stared at the little blue negative sign in relief. She almost laughed, she was so relieved.

It was later in the day, about midafternoon. Angela was in the kitchen cooking, and Booth was at work. He had wanted to stay home, but his monstrous paper pile was only growing and he needed this weekend free in order to take Parker.

Angela turned around to see Temperance in the kitchen with her, a huge grin on her face.
“I’m guessing this is good news?” Angela asked, tentatively when Brennan didn’t speak.

Brennan nodded her head enthusiastically, and stepped over to wrap Angela in an Ohmygodtootight hug. She finally spoke, a happy tear running down her cheek.

“I’m…so relieved.” She spoke. “I… arggh. I’m just happy, okay?” She apparently wasn’t able to express herself. Angela cracked an internal grin at this.

“Shouldn’t you inform a certain FBI agent and total hot ass of the good news?” Angela grinned, looking at Tempe pointedly.

Tempe left the room, having apparently calmed down to some degree, in search of the phone. Finding the telephone, she dialed the first number on speed dial. While she was waiting for the office to transfer her to Booth’s office, she covered the phone with her hand.

“Oh, and Ange? I would appreciate it if you would stop checking out my boyfriend’s ass.” She grinned, then realized her mistake as Angela squealed in the other room.

“Boyfriend! Hah, I knew you’d eventually…” Angela rambled, coming to stand next to her.

“Shh. Let me talk to my boyfriend” Tempe teased as Booth picked up the phone. I don’t think he’s my boyfriend, she thought, slightly surprised by her possessive feelings for him. He’s my Seeley.

************************end 17************************
So that's it until next week... Damn. I'm gonna miss you guys. I'll be back, though, so don't worry! Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful New Year. Q? C? C? let me know what you think! Wink
~Sunnie~ sunny jocolor <-the unofficial court jester! just have to ask king ... Very Happy

Last edited by BrainySmurf0302 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by carebear Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:55 pm

arggggggggggggggggg noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
carebear
carebear
Squint
Squint

Say What You Want : Um dang didn't know there would be a essay part to this I forgot to study. Can you come back to me after I read my cliff notes?

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:02 pm

I know! I was like that too... You would have blushed, I was cursing at the computer as it died... XD

sunny jocolor

Last edited by BrainySmurf0302 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : really, now?)
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by carebear Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:24 pm

well have fun and be safe and we will be here waiting for more from you and your story Smile
carebear
carebear
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimo Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:16 pm

Ohh, you can't leave us this way!!!!!!
Loved this part. I'm happy that Bones isn't pregnant since it wasn't sure if it would have been from Booth.
Hope you already wrote the next chapter and only have to type it!!! Very Happy
Mimo
Mimo
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:52 pm

it died again?
I think something might be really wrong with it.....maybe you should start working with an external harddrive or something (esp for the really important things for school or uni or whatever)

Okay now on to the chapter......
I am relieved that she isn't pregnant.....although I would have loved a BB-baby it would have been too early and they wouldn't have known who's baby it would have been......so I think no baby was a good thing.
And I liked the possessive side of Bones.....A LOT.

Have a great New Year!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:50 am

Thank god she isn't pregnant. And i love a possessive Brennan, always good!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:59 am

I'm BAAAACCCKKK Very Happy I missed you guys!
I'll probably post tomorrow.
Because although I tried, I didn't get alot of writing done Sad
Hope you all had a wonderful new year's!
One of my resolutions is to write two more tories after this one.... hehehe.
Would you like that?
~ sunny jocolor ~
bestfriends <- I like this one... very suited to the fic.
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:13 am

Oooooooooh, more of your stories are always good!

Look forward to the next chappie!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302 - Page 6 Empty Chapter 18: Back to work

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Embarassed Sorry this is late... I got caught up in By Any Means Necessary over on FanFic.net.
You understand, right? Very Happy
I hope you all had a great new years.
Rolling Eyes Well, now that I'm finally typing...
I'll give you your chappie so you'll be happy!
Haha, I rhyme. how original. Razz
This one is medium size. three pages.ENJOY!

Chapter 18; Back to work.

The familiar sounds of the Jeffersonian calmed her nerves as Angela sat in her chair, facing Cam. Her attention was unfocused, and her eyes wandered every which way as Cam gave her a brief overview of the past couple of weeks.

“Are you all set, Angela?” Cam asked, noting her colleague’s lack of focus.

“Yes. I’ll begin the reconstruction after lunch, I have to catch up on some of this paperwork.”

Cam stepped towards Angela, and gave her a quick hug.

“Glad to have you back. If you need me, you know where to find me.” She mentioned, stepping out of the office.

Angela sighed, and sat down, opening the dreaded paperwork files. Today is going to be a long day.

Temperance Brennan sat not 50 feet away, reviewing all of the files that were just delivered to her. The squint squad had a new case, a murder of an Emilia Reid, age 7. She had been adopted from the foster care system at the age of three. Her adoptive father was missing, and what was even more disturbing was that her little sister was missing too. Her adoptive mother was in custody.

Her sister was Cait Reid, a foster child like her sister. She was adopted as a newborn when her sister was, making her four years old now. In two weeks it would be her 5th birthday.

Child cases always made Bones feel angry. What kind of person could take the life of an innocent child? And where was Cait right now? She was probably scared as all hell and confused as to why her “Daddy” took her away from her familiar surroundings.

Her father.

He was what Booth had called the “creeper” type. Matthew Lemeux was an unemployed, stay-at-home father. He didn’t have a lot of friends, and the ones he had were just like him. His wife, Laurel, was interviewed earlier by Booth, and she had been away for the weekend at her job, coming back to an empty house. She had seemed panicked. Laurel worked two jobs after Matthew lost his (at one of the local car dealers) in order to keep the family afloat.

Her brain processed this information, looking over the reports, findings, etc. She had seen the body earlier today, the team had determined that the girl had been beaten before being killed. The body had been found near one of the factories, in a plastic bag under a nearby bridge. Bones didn’t tell anyone, but she had gone to the bathroom and cried. She found that she had been unusually emotional lately, and hoped it wouldn’t impede her ability to work efficiently.

Brennan looked at the clock and sighed. Today was going to be a long day.

Cait looked around her, curious. Her Daddy had taken them to the ice cream store, and that was great and all, but where were they going? Not home. Home was the other way.

“Daddy? Are Mommy and Emmie back from their trip yet? Where are we going? Is it a surprise?” Cait interrogated, as only a four year old could.

Her father sat quiet in the front seat. For a second, his face was angry, but smoothed over in a cold mask. He looked straight ahead as he answered his daughter.

“No, Mommy and Emmie aren’t back, Caity-girl. And yes, it is a surprise. Now please be quiet so Daddy can focus on driving.” He responded, cooly.

The little girl was quiet as she wondered what the surprise was. Maybe they were going to get a new house. Mommy was always talking about the house. Emmie would like that. She thought. Her older sister was always complaining to her that she wanted a room with a lock. There could be one at the new house. And she would let Emmie have it, because she would be happier then and not so serious all the time. Then they could play dolls and stuff. That would be fun.

Or maybe they were going to meet Mommy and Emmie, and go on a mini vacation for her birthday. After all, it was in two weeks. That would be almost as good as a new house!

Caity kept pondering what the surprise was as the car got further and further from the bridge where Emilia had been found. There would be no new house. Or mini vacations. But of course, Cait didn’t know that. Innocence of small children can be astounding sometimes.
***********************************end 18**********
I know it's sort shortish-looking...
I think maybe this will be done by beginning of march. Then.. A NEW ONE! Yayness. Very Happy
Feedback feeds writeyness as always!
XOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXO O.o
~Sunnie sunny jocolor ~
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Well, i really liked that chapter, but didn't if u know what i mean.

Brilliantly written as usual, but not looking forward to Caity's body beinf found next. Guess thats gonna happen, what with her creepy DAD!!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:14 pm

I really hope they'll find Cait before something can happen to her.
Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimo Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:38 am

One little girl is enough....
but so cute to mention that Bones acutally cried!!

Can't wait to read more!! Very Happy
Mimo
Mimo
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Aww, thanks you people Smile <3
I should be updating later today, soo....
Look forward to this... I am. Busy week ahead. I'll try to update AMAP (As MUCH as possible). Goodnight (morning?)! Very Happy

sunny jocolor
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next