Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ausiello Scoop

+13
ToZiKa
ReginaPhalange
heirofloki
MoonlightGardenias
mereva
loserette
TinkonBrink
i_heart_bones
HeyHey
THX1138
dawnsfire
anteater
willgirl
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ausiello Scoop - Page 2 Empty Re: Ausiello Scoop

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:32 am

THX1138 wrote:I'm just confused as to the reasoning behind folks NOT wanting them to kiss. No sex I can understand, the whole UST thing, but a kiss is not sex, and it would only add to the UST. No relationship stays in limbo forever, the longer they're stuck at the 'just partners, just friends' stage, the less likely they're getting together becomes and honestly these things have a shelf life - HH can move too late and suddenly no one cares if they're together, in fact he can do it late enough that people wouldn't care if Booth was doin' Brennan in her office with Angie cheering them on. It's a fine line between maintaing the status quo and stagnation. No kiss is really flirting with the latter IMO.

king RM

We're on the same wavelength...again.

I can understand people not wanting them to get together just yet, and I know there are people out there who watch this show and yet for some reason don't ship/support them at all. I know that, but it doesn't mean I get it. I mean, I know there are certain reasons and everything, but there are ways that if played smartly could turn this whole situation into a good one and not kill ratings.

Basically, I look at a kiss not killing UST so much as building it. They know there's attraction there, they know that something is happening, but it hasn't happened yet even though there's that something; an attraction if you will, that begs to plead otherwise. Just because they kiss doesn't mean it will automatically lead to something right away, if at all. Look at what happened with SITS, although I doubt they really planned to go much of anywhere after that one, but it would have been nice to see Bren talking with Ange about it or Sweets trying to bring it up again. A kiss doesn't equal disaster, it just plants the seed that maybe there's something a bit bigger going on there.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:38 am

*hug ToZiKa* What you said! (and don't worry, you can hide in my bunker Razz)

Willi, you're not the only one. I'd rather there wasn't either.

<tho I am a shipper, so we differ on that Wink > I'd elaborate on my reasons but I'm late for class. Later, it is, then. Ciao! *flies out*

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:57 am

ToZiKa wrote:Risking willingly all kinds of insults being thrown my way, I have to say that I really don't understand what all the fuss is about.
Now Toz, I would never insult you intentionally and I'm wounded at the insinuation. The fuss is because I, and those like me, are tired of getting played by HH.
ALL WRITERS do things like that for their show!
True, but I don't care about all the other writers and their shows, I care about Bones. Next up I'll ask the age old question "If all the other writers jumped off a bridge would you want HH to jump too?"

That's why you either should read Spoilers and live with it or keep away from them.
Heh, but for some of us that's like telling a crack addict to just say no to a free hit!
The only purpose of those spoiler-news is to draw attention to a show. But if they tell you everything that will happen in the next 3 episodes and tell you how it happens and why, why should you even bother watching anymore?
Because we're addicted to the show, duh! See my crack addict reference.
All this rumors about having them kiss or not having them kiss, is just a way to keep the viewers interested and maybe to get some informations about what should be done in future epis.
Well it worked, of course HH could be limping in the near future, my mind still isn't made up on that.
*ducks away and hides in the last corner hoping that RM and his 'friend' don't find her, because those two seem to be out of their minds*
Nah, we're perfectly sane. It's just that growing up with guys like Nick, and seeing things like three of your best friends getting pulled out of class so they can be interviewed by the feds because someone tried to blow up their uncle Paul the day before, well you learn things. Remind me sometime to tell you the story of my highschool graduation, first time I ever saw two stretch limos, and as a bonus each came with their very own FBI tail.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:01 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:
THX1138 wrote:I'm just confused as to the reasoning behind folks NOT wanting them to kiss. No sex I can understand, the whole UST thing, but a kiss is not sex, and it would only add to the UST. No relationship stays in limbo forever, the longer they're stuck at the 'just partners, just friends' stage, the less likely they're getting together becomes and honestly these things have a shelf life - HH can move too late and suddenly no one cares if they're together, in fact he can do it late enough that people wouldn't care if Booth was doin' Brennan in her office with Angie cheering them on. It's a fine line between maintaing the status quo and stagnation. No kiss is really flirting with the latter IMO.

king RM

We're on the same wavelength...again.
I think it's well established now that on this topic we share a brain. In fact you often seem to get better use of it IMO, not that I'm complaining.

I can understand people not wanting them to get together just yet, and I know there are people out there who watch this show and yet for some reason don't ship/support them at all. I know that, but it doesn't mean I get it. I mean, I know there are certain reasons and everything, but there are ways that if played smartly could turn this whole situation into a good one and not kill ratings.

Basically, I look at a kiss not killing UST so much as building it. They know there's attraction there, they know that something is happening, but it hasn't happened yet even though there's that something; an attraction if you will, that begs to plead otherwise. Just because they kiss doesn't mean it will automatically lead to something right away, if at all. Look at what happened with SITS, although I doubt they really planned to go much of anywhere after that one, but it would have been nice to see Bren talking with Ange about it or Sweets trying to bring it up again. A kiss doesn't equal disaster, it just plants the seed that maybe there's something a bit bigger going on there.
Exactly. I look at a kiss between them as having infinite plot potential in all directions - both good and bad for them as partners, friends, a couple, etc. - and I just don't get the resistance to the idea of them kissing. In all honesty I'd love for Toz or Wil or anyone to explain it to me, just so I get where they're coming from, not that I will get it but at least now I'm willing to listen.

king RM

See? I can be reasonable. Razz
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:06 am

I really don't want to start fighting with you, I'll just get problems with the queen, if I do.
But I am NOT against them kissing, I don't like that people make lot's of fuss about spoilers, decide what they want to see and everything else is just 'stupid' or 'shit' or whatever words some of you used to describe season 4.
I totally understand that people don't like some episodes, or maybe the whole season, but I can't understand that someone gets all worked up over some spoiler and whatever happens in the 'real world' (the actual episode) is bad anyway.
So I really think that for some people it would be best not to read spoilers anymore....if you can't take it stay away....or at least don't whine about it afterwards....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:16 am

ToZiKa wrote:I really don't want to start fighting with you, I'll just get problems with the queen, if I do.
But I am NOT against them kissing, I don't like that people make lot's of fuss about spoilers, decide what they want to see and everything else is just 'stupid' or 'shit' or whatever words some of you used to describe season 4.
No problem and I'm not looking for a fight, just trying to understand. I get how I come across as hostile though, given I have in fact used far worse words than stupid and shit in describing Season Four, I just don't think I used them to describe anyone here and if I did then I am certainly sorry. I was in a very bad place after the season finale and I know I was hostile, all the more so because it seemed like everytime I started discussing my issues with it I felt like I was in the minority. If I ever said or did anything to make you feel that way Toz just smack me upside the head, if you don't want to do it in the thread then PM me, I'm a big boy and I've got a thick skin, plus I'm grown up enough to know when I screwed up...assuming someone points it out to me that is. Hey, I am a guy.
I totally understand that people don't like some episodes, or maybe the whole season, but I can't understand that someone gets all worked up over some spoiler and whatever happens in the 'real world' (the actual episode) is bad anyway.
So I really think that for some people it would be best not to read spoilers anymore....if you can't take it stay away....or at least don't whine about it afterwards....
That's sound advice, which I'm sure I and others will promptly forget the very next juicy spoiler that comes along. I tried to do it this time but I swear I'm like a junkie with these things - I need an SA meeting or something, they do have Spoilers Anonymous don't they?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:17 am

THX1138 wrote: I swear I'm like a junkie with these things - I need an SA meeting or something, they do have Spoilers Anonymous don't they?
king RM

*stands up*
Hello...Yes...My name is Tink...and I have a Spoiler problem *hangs head in shame* (even though HH is sucking the joy Riiiiiight out of Spoilers at the moment Rolling Eyes )
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:23 am

TinkonBrink wrote:*stands up*
Hello...Yes...My name is Tink...and I have a Spoiler problem *hangs head in shame* (even though HH is sucking the joy Riiiiiight out of Spoilers at the moment Rolling Eyes )
Welcome Tink, donuts and coffee in the back, we should be filling up before long. When we're ready I'll get the meeting started, it won't be pretty I've been addicted to spoilers for almost twelve years now. The sucked me in with Buffy...

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:52 am

Yaaay...we have a club now. This is good. I have this problem with spoilers, and well it pretty much ruined me with Lost a few years ago when I knew the season three finale, pretty much word for word...but with Bones it has always been different. Until recently, when you know...HH and Co. have suddenly decided to start posting things that may or may not be fake and twisting words in a way that we can't decipher whether what they say is truth.

*sighs*. I need help.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:04 pm

I'd say that if they do this to us again that there will be a Bones strike, but, I think that we're all too obsessed to strike. At least, I know I couldn't live wthout Bones.
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:37 pm

You guys crack me up!! And Robert, 12 years of spoilers?? OMGosh! I feel like an absolute infant, still crawling, not even beginning to form words yet! I'm not for sure that I even knew about Buffy a year ago, maybe just!

But if any of you need someone to bring coffee and doughnuts, you can count on me! Just tell me when and where!! LOL!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:19 pm

ToZiKa wrote:I really don't want to start fighting with you, I'll just get problems with the queen, if I do.

'Sall right by me; I enjoy watching a good fight...

Kisses...well, I can work either way with that. We could have Bren & Ange kiss instead of B&B--that would completely alter the entire dynamic! And then cue Booth's little sputter/fit o' jealousy (despite his lesbian aunt). Could be completely evil and have them do it on purpose to provoke him into something! (yeah, read Friend in Need by gawilliams yesterday. If you haven't--do. Very hot and I think different.)

HH--I'll say it as often as necessary. I no longer trust straight from the horse's mouth about forthcoming events. I enjoy reading spoilers and hints, but the salt shaker is at hand!

study Can I join the spoilers club if my primary experience up until last year was primarily with book excerpts & spoilers? I didn't start haunting Bones ones until right before PitH.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:15 pm

DBCrazy wrote:You guys crack me up!! And Robert, 12 years of spoilers?? OMGosh! I feel like an absolute infant, still crawling, not even beginning to form words yet! I'm not for sure that I even knew about Buffy a year ago, maybe just!

But if any of you need someone to bring coffee and doughnuts, you can count on me! Just tell me when and where!! LOL!
Welcome to Spoilers Anonymous. My name is Robert. I'm a Spoilerholic. It started in 1997, I'd started watching Buffy with my girlfriend. She told me about the spoilers being passed around in usenet and I started going to alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer and alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer-spoilers. I learned about subtext and how writers used foreshadowing using both dialogue and scene setting...I knew before Prophecy Girl aired what was going to happen and then seeing it happen on TV, it was like this huge rush. I was hooked. Since then I've been into spoilers off and on for years. All through Buffy, most of Angel, then SG1, Chuck, now Bones...I want to stop. It's ruining my enjoyment of the show, I know that now but the spoilers are so sweet, the siren call of knowing when Booth and Brennan finally hook up it...it's more than one man can take. Still, today is the first day of the rest of my spoiler free life. Remember, admitting you have a problem is the first step...

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:26 pm

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:You guys crack me up!! And Robert, 12 years of spoilers?? OMGosh! I feel like an absolute infant, still crawling, not even beginning to form words yet! I'm not for sure that I even knew about Buffy a year ago, maybe just!

Welcome to Spoilers Anonymous. My name is Robert. I'm a Spoilerholic. It started in 1997, I'd started watching Buffy with my girlfriend. She told me about the spoilers being passed around in usenet and I started going to alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer and alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer-spoilers. I learned about subtext and how writers used foreshadowing using both dialogue and scene setting...I knew before Prophecy Girl aired what was going to happen and then seeing it happen on TV, it was like this huge rush. I was hooked. Since then I've been into spoilers off and on for years. All through Buffy, most of Angel, then SG1, Chuck, now Bones...I want to stop. It's ruining my enjoyment of the show, I know that now but the spoilers are so sweet, the siren call of knowing when Booth and Brennan finally hook up it...it's more than one man can take. Still, today is the first day of the rest of my spoiler free life. Remember, admitting you have a problem is the first step...

king RM
Dang! How many 12 step programs have you been through in your time??
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:53 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM
Dang! How many 12 step programs have you been through in your time??
Me? None. But I've helped a person or two through a few, so I've got the form down. Heh

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:24 pm

Yes, Hello Spoilers Anonymous...It's Tink again.
I've finished my coffee and my donut (OK...maybe it was two donuts...or it could have been three? Who's counting? I'm a woman on the edge! Razz )

Well it all started back in 1998 with The X Files and free internet access at University (Which I used for Academic Research...and by "Academic Research" I really mean...Spoiler Research whilst I tried to look clever at a computer terminal. Very Happy )
Oh Dear! Such a slippery slope.

And now I'd just like to get back to the good ol' days of Bones Spoilers before the passing of The End In The Beginning (Or as I like to think of it...The big pile of fake fakery that was faker than Mr. Fakes fake museum of fakery in Fakesville.) Where Spoiler life went a little something like this:
Sides! Yay! cheers *Frantic skimming...COUGH...I mean reading* Speculation (many, many pages on the ABY later...) Promo! Yay! Annnnnnd start process again.
Instead we now get:
Sides! Ya-...No. Hold on. Just wait riiiiiiight there! Are they REAL sides or FAKE sides? Or the sides are REAL but it's not really REAL it's [delete as appropriate] AU/A Dream/A Hallucination/Air blowing out of HH's arse. So it's REAL and FAKE? Or really FAKE? *Sits down* is now too confused and tired to play the Spec-u-la-shion Game.

Oh, no wait? I'm meant to be here to wean myself off the Spoilers, right? Not to be longing for the good ol' days?...Ummm...Bugger! Tell you what? I'll have another donut and try harder next time 'kay? What a Face
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:53 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Kisses...well, I can work either way with that. We could have Bren & Ange kiss instead of B&B--that would completely alter the entire dynamic! And then cue Booth's little sputter/fit o' jealousy (despite his lesbian aunt). Could be completely evil and have them do it on purpose to provoke him into something! (yeah, read Friend in Need by gawilliams yesterday. If you haven't--do. Very hot and I think different.)
Ummm. wow. I just read that and haaaawt is how I'd describe it. Different, yes, and smoking hot. Me likey very much.

HH--I'll say it as often as necessary. I no longer trust straight from the horse's mouth about forthcoming events. I enjoy reading spoilers and hints, but the salt shaker is at hand!

study Can I join the spoilers club if my primary experience up until last year was primarily with book excerpts & spoilers? I didn't start haunting Bones ones until right before PitH.[/color]

queen
Welcome to SA, we're supposed to be weaning ourselves from Spoilers but I get the sinking feeling we're going to turn into a 'how to' group before long. Laughing

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:08 am

Pwahaha...yeah, sadly. This is BONES, not LOST. We're supposed to be able to take the sides and spoilers straightforward, not be given fake spoilers or having to figure out where in time or if it's even happening at all. AUs are nice to play with in fanfic and I'll admit seeing them together all kissing and happy and her sitting on his lap made me squee in fangirl joy. BUT--after we're on one train track, suddenly we're jerked to another? No, I don't buy that.

I'm not entirely sure trying to go spree will work for me.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:38 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:I'm not entirely sure trying to go spree will work for me.
I sure hope I'm not showing another facet of my incredible ignorance, but spree ... I don't know what that means?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:58 am

DBCrazy wrote:
MoonlightGardenias wrote:I'm not entirely sure trying to go spree will work for me.
I sure hope I'm not showing another facet of my incredible ignorance, but spree ... I don't know what that means?
I believe its short for Spoiler Free.

king RM

And nothing to be worried about there, I didn't get it at first either - and there's still a chance I'm wrong about it now!
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:05 am

Oh. Sorry. It's a term I use in another fandom. Sorry.

It's Spree. Spoiler Free. Yes. Oops. Embarassed
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:27 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:Oh. Sorry. It's a term I use in another fandom. Sorry.

w00t! I called it, and my deductive powers are vindicated! Who's king baby? Me, dat's who!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:49 am

THX1138 wrote:

w00t! I called it, and my deductive powers are vindicated! Who's king baby? Me, dat's who!

king RM
That occurred to me, along with a couple other possibilities that I will not divulge! So, me being me, I had to ask, otherwise I'm apt to make embarrassing mistakes. Embarassed

No worries, MG, and besides, you made the king's day! Wink
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:57 am

DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM
That occurred to me, along with a couple other possibilities that I will not divulge! So, me being me, I had to ask, otherwise I'm apt to make embarrassing mistakes. Embarassed

whoa! Now you got divulge 'cause I'm confused and you know us men when we're confused - which is like 90% of the time - we, um....okay see I'm so confused I forgot where i was going with this. So spill already, pleeeeease?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:21 am

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM

whoa! Now you got divulge 'cause I'm confused and you know us men when we're confused - which is like 90% of the time - we, um....okay see I'm so confused I forgot where i was going with this. So spill already, pleeeeease?

king RM
Oh no you don't!! I could practically patent my own shade of rouge as many times as I've embarrassed myself in front of you! I'm learning to be even more careful.
(Besides I'm still trying to figure out what triggered the other ideas ... nada!)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next