Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grave Digger Accomplice--A Theory

+7
newhaven5
Shakari
TinkonBrink
*Vodzu*
fairytales_end
ForensicMama
Meegs82
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Grave Digger Accomplice--A Theory Empty Grave Digger Accomplice--A Theory

Post by Meegs82 Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Okay, I have a theory. This isn't really a spoiler, per se, but I thought that some people might not want to even read about the possibility of this, so that is why it is in the spoilers thread. Actually, one of my points has to do with a certain spoiler, which I will specify.

Well, Mama started the whole "Grave Digger accomplice" idea, so here I go with mine:

There IS an accomplice and that accomplice IS Perotta.

Yup, you heard me. And this has nothing to do with me not liking her character ('cuz I do) or me wanting her to go away (especially after the chili thing). No, this has to do with subtle hints that "Hero In The Hold" provided us with.

Evidence for an accomplice: When Cam and Brennan are examining Vega's remains, Brennan notes that the stun-gun marks are placed differently from the other victims. This point is NEVER solved. Who stunned Vega? Accomplice. And in my theory, accomplice=Perotta.

#1: Perotta appears right after Brennan and Hodgins find Vega dead. Yes, she is following them, supposedly keeping them under surveillance for the FBI because of the evidence that they are suspected of stealing. First of all, WHY would anyone simply *suspected* of stealing evidence be under FBI surveillance in the first place? Seriously, it sounds rational, but if you really think about it, what could Brennan, Hodgins, or Vega possibly do with that evidence that would be of the utmost importance to the FBI? The entire "surveillance" thing is a clever cover-up. Taffet and Perotta want Brennan and Hodgins close because they need to monitor them. They don't need Vega, therefore, he is killed. If you listen closely, there is the sound of tires squealing just after Brennan and Hodgins find Vega. Approximately 5 seconds later, tires squeal again and that is when Perotta appears in her car. My theory: The first sound of squealing tires are from Perotta getting out of the way AFTER she has killed Vega. She sees Brennan and Hodgins and has to move before they see her.

#2: Notice that Perotta wasn't a part of the original meeting between Vega, Brennan, Hodgins, Judge Williams, and Taffet. We as an audience have already been introduced to her, so her seemingly TINY role in this episode is seemingly unimportant. We barely see her. The question is WHY? My guess is that "Hero" was originally supposed to air AFTER "Princess," so we would have had an even better introduction to Perotta. Apparently, Fox decided it wasn't all that important and that we had already had enough of an intro to her in "Fire In The Ice." Really, why would the writers use Perotta AT ALL in this episode? What is the point? Since they DO decide to use her, why does she have such a small role? In her other two episodes, she is actually contributing to the case. In this one, she is in the background. The writers did this to throw all of us off. She IS the accomplice...that's why we don't see her very much. She is too busy doing all of the things Taffet needs her to do. i.e. Killing Vega.

#3: This is a character observation. After Perotta questions Brennan and Hodgins in the parking garage, the VERY last shot of the scene is an extreme close-up of Perotta's reaction. She turns her head, looks into the distance of the parking garage, and she furrows her brow. When I first saw this, I thought, "huh, that was weird." The second time, I thought, "why is Marisa Coughlan reacting that way? It doesn't make any sense and isn't relevant to the scene." The last time, I thought, "I don't know what it is she's looking at, but it means something." I think she is reacting to the close call she has just experienced. Why would *Perotta* and her reaction be important after everything that has just happened? Because she played a role in it, that's why.

#4: Perotta appears immediately after Brennan and Hodgins are nearly blown up. Yes, the same reasons from #1 apply, however, WHY is *Perotta* the agent to be following them in the first place? She takes Brennan, Hodgins, Angela, and Sweets in to see Judge Williams, who promptly bans them from the Grave Digger case. Perotta and Taffet are responsible for this, using Perotta as the supposed "surveiller." Angela notices that the video feed interference is very close in proximity...Perotta was the one who controlled the video feed and the bomb. When Brennan and Hodgins escape, she conveniently drives up, appearing to be "surveilling" them.

#5: There is no WAY Taffet could have dragged Booth out of a window all by herself. She needed help. Although Perotta is quite small, she could have helped and the 2 of them could have accomplished the task of lugging a 200lb. man out of a second story window.

#6: Booth tells Brennan that there is a knock at his door, to which she replies, "How can there be a knock at your door if you're driving?" Funny. Smile We should think about WHO he is opening his door to. Yes, he is drugged and dragged, but he is an Army Ranger sniper. He wouldn't just open his door before checking the peephole and he wouldn't have opened it to someone he DIDN'T know. Also, when the team investigates later, they make note that the door is LOCKED. Whoever knocked on that door, Booth knew well enough to let that person in and then LOCK the door behind him/her. He knows Perotta. Why would the Grave Digger be knocking on his door if Booth himself did not know who would be standing there? Ala Brennan and Hodgins, one would think that the Grave Digger would prefer to stun Booth or run him down. That's how the Grave Digger normally works...but not this time. This time, GD is in it to kill off all of the missing links. Perotta is used instead of violence. GD needs a different tactic in order to achieve a different goal: termination of all those involved in catching GD.

#7: One of the latest "spoiler talks" is that of Booth's health crisis. Mama came up with a theory of poisoning and perhaps Perotta has been doing the poisoning. This would fit with the Gravedigger accomplice theory of mine. She and Taffett didn't get him the first time, so she has to "finish the job." Per Mama's suggestion, maybe she begins with poisoning the chili she brings him and it escalates from there.

Okay, you might be thinking "wow, she put WAY too much thought into this." And you are probably right. But it all occurred to me today and if you think about it, it all really makes a lot of sense...at least I think so. Smile Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Ideas? Wanna point something out that will completely and totally destroy my theory? I'd love to hear it! Razz
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Grave Digger Accomplice--A Theory Empty Re: Grave Digger Accomplice--A Theory

Post by Meegs82 Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:13 pm

Thought of another one having to do with the release of the sides ahead of time:

#8: The sides that were released for spoilers were the pages of the script where Brennan pokes Taffet in the ribs and she winces and they figure out that she is the GD. Why oh why would the sides actually REVEAL the killer? ESPECIALLY one as MAJOR as the GD? Has that EVER happened? I'm seriously asking 'cuz I don't read sides very often. Still, it doesn't make sense that the killer (the GD, no less) would be revealed as a spoiler before the episode aired. Why would "they" (Fox) allow that to happen? Because "they" know that there is more to it than revealing Taffet. The GD saga is not over.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:31 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!! This was flipping genius! And I loved that you pointed out the fact that Perotta was on there for two SHORT scenes--why? Why do that? What's the purpose? There's ALWAYS a purpose!

And I have another one for you. I distinctly remember in the sides --BEFORE they decided to recast for Heather Tafett's part-- Hodgins had a line where he said that he always thought that it was somebody who had FBI training (something to that extent), but then THEY CUT IT. Why cut that line? Was it giving away too much of the writers' plot?

Oh I really hope that the GD thing isn't just going to be dropped--but now with just TWO episodes to go, there really isn't a lot of time to introduce a new bad guy. (A bad guy who, according to spoilers, is going to cause dissension among the main players and could possibly lead to Booth's health crisis...) And with THAT SAID, I think this is DEFINITELY a continuation of the GD Saga! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:33 pm

Thanks, Mama! And yes, I agree about the cutting of the line. It was probably too much of a "reveal." It would get us fans actually thinking more about the possibility of an accomplice. By cutting it, not many of us were even contemplating the idea of an accomplice. Except for you and me, of course Razz
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:36 pm

And good point about there not being much time left to introduce anyone new. I hadn't even thought about the fact that "they" have said that Booth's health crisis will have to do with a "bad guy." I'm tellin' ya, it's Perotta poisoning the chili! Well, at least for starters, who knows what else she is capable of. She and Booth are very casual...nothing sexual, nothing serious. Ah, clever writers throwing us off track with Perotta flying under the radar.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Okay, you might be thinking "wow, she put WAY too much thought into this."
A little Razz
Fantastic theory Meegs Very Happy You're a genius Very Happy Very Happy
Hehehehehe, I understand why it took you half an hour.. Can't comment much more or I'll be tempted to read spoilers (you made me break me 'never reading stuff from the spoilers section' pact with myself Razz)
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:00 pm

Oh, I'd like to add to the evidence, this list of poisons that cause Hallucinations (poisons which Perotta has been dosing Booth with through chili and other harmless looking home-made foods...)

# Chemical poisoning - 1,3-Butadiene - hallucinations
# Chemical poisoning - 5,-Methoxy-N,N-Diisopropyltryptamine - auditory hallucinations
# Chemical poisoning - Acetylsalicylic Acid - hallucinations
# Chemical poisoning - Acrylamide - hallucination
# Chemical poisoning - Ammonium Sulfamate - hallucinations
# Chemical poisoning - Bromide - hallucinations
# Chemical poisoning - Ether - auditory hallucinations
# Chemical poisoning - Gasoline - hallucinations
# Chemical poisoning - Glaze - hallucinations
# Chemical poisoning - Lysergic Acid Diethylamide - hallucinations
# Chemical poisoning - Methyl Bromide - hallucinations
# Chemical poisoning - Sodium Monofluoroacetate - auditory hallucinations
# Chemical poisoning - Solder - hallucinations
# Chemical poisoning - Thallium - hallucinations
# Chemical poisoning - Trichloroethane - hallucinations
# Christmas Cherry poisoning - hallucination
# Ciguatera poisoning - hallucinations
# Claviceps purpurea poisoning - hallucinations
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by *Vodzu* Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:12 pm

"he first sound of squealing tires are from Perotta getting out of the way AFTER she has killed Vega. She sees Brennan and Hodgins and has to move before they see her."

But remember that Vega was not killed on the scene, he`s been killed somewhere else and then put into his vevhicle and it seems Perotta is just to small to handle putting Vega in the car on her own Wink Also, they proved that Vega fought his attacker ( Taffet`s broken ribs) so it couldn`t have been Perotta.
*Vodzu*
*Vodzu*
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 408
Say What You Want : Denial ain`t just a river in Egypt
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:22 am

Meegs...I'm convinced!
Get me a pair of cuffs to slap on Preotta's wrist and a briefcase to smack her around the head! (Don't worry I'll read her her Miranda rights an everything before I bash her with the breifcase!)
Also how easy would Booth be to poison?...Here Booth have some pie...Job done! Very Happy
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:16 am

*Vodzu* wrote:

But remember that Vega was not killed on the scene, he`s been killed somewhere else and then put into his vehicle and it seems Perotta is just to small to handle putting Vega in the car on her own Wink Also, they proved that Vega fought his attacker ( Taffet`s broken ribs) so it couldn`t have been Perotta.

That's where the accomplice theory comes into play!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:43 am

I was thinking and it is the only 'diagnosis' that can move the plot forward as part of a crime, as a someone-did-this-to-you bit. If it's just a random brain tumor, then Booth would be in a hospital and not making love to Brennan at the end of this episode--and the lovemaking has to be at or near the end so there's a build up to it, not just a random sexual encounter. Not to mention, people on this show don't just randomly get sick. It moves the plot forward in some way. Booth's back, for example, moved the plot forward in a way by introducing Perotta and by getting B&B closer. Cam's illness was because of Epps. Booth's 'illness' has to be caused by someone else.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:43 am

Wow...this is absolutely and totally GENIUS. It all makes sense! My jaw dropped when I finished reading your post, Meegs. You've got me convinced, too. C'mon Tink. You grab the handcuffs, I'll grab the briefcase. Let's go pay a visit to Ms Diggs No. 2....bwhahahah...
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by newhaven5 Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:28 am

WoW. Haha that was so convincing. I think your 100% right.
newhaven5
newhaven5
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 99
Say What You Want : I would like for Bones and Booth to get over themselves and get together. Obviously!
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:46 am

If it doesn't happen, we're going to Hollywood, CA and making it happen! I've been smelling sequel all over this baby since day one! muwahahaha! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:42 am

Oh good...were starting a rampage! cheers
So that'll be me with the handcuffs, Shakari with the brief case and Mama and Meegs with the big black marker pens to scribble all over the scripts (a little alteration here...cross a bit out there..."What's that you say Zach? Perotta is a master criminal who's trying to kill everyone especially Booth who she's trying to poison with chilli or pie whilst all the time pretending to be an inconsequential character?")...Just a quick question...who wants to operate the tazar gun to stun all the writers into submission?
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

The tree went Crash!

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:10 am

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! cheers
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:54 am

Having too much fun with this? Oh, who's kidding....count me in. Smile

I'd love to see this happen, but it bothers me there's been nothing mentioned in any of the slides about the Gravedigger, a trial, Perotta...or any of that. And what are the chances they'll stretch the storyline into next season? Because you know their track record with bringing things up in episodes after they air. *Is still bitter there was no therapiness or missing two weeks after PITH, and Booth's back pain was magically explained away in PitP*

No seriously though...we'll take over the studio if this does not happen.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:56 am

No. I don't think they'll drag it into next season. I think they'll tie it up in the last two episodes of this season.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:08 am

I'm hoping so, and I guess it does make a lot more sense seeing as obviously they won't reveal her being there in the sides if it's for that purpose.

Good point. Yeah, sorry, it's been a long day, that didn't really occur to me until just now.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:31 am

I'm beginning to wonder if the last two episodes of this season will be tied to one another in a mini-cliffie. Kind of like in last season. I kind of hope so. Then there will be a little bit more of a dramatic build to the B/B escapades and to the capture of the GD's accomplice. Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:43 am

Yeah, I'd like that Mama...(and who's arguing with you since you got first dibs on the tazar gun? Very Happy )...What can we call Diggy's accomplice? Diggy the 2nd? Poisoning Perotta? Diggy II: The return of the shovel?

And just to throw a spanner into the works...We all know Diggy's locked up nice and safe...Right??? In jail??? In the nearest psychiatric facility???(...Hmmm? Now where would that be? McKinley psychiatric facility maybe?? Where Zach is??) affraid
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

The tree went Crash!

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:04 pm

The Accomplice. That's what he's called... hahahaha... or, you know, as others have suggested, and as what has passed through my mind as well, Perotta may be Diggy and Tafett may be the Accomplice!!!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:07 pm

The Accomplice?...Nah, C'mon Mama...that's just too long to keep typing! How about Accey for short? Diggy & Accey...kind of got a nice ring to it! (Hmmm...sounds like a kids TV show...the adventures of Diggy and Accey! "Hello Diggy! Hello Accey! Hello Children! Say Diggy? Accey? What are you two playing at today? What's that? Your busy stuffing an unconscious FBI Agent into a toy yellow submarine?"...Hmmm...maybe not for the kiddies after all!!! Very Happy )
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

The tree went Crash!

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:38 pm

ForensicMama wrote:The Accomplice. That's what he's called... hahahaha... or, you know, as others have suggested, and as what has passed through my mind as well, Perotta may be Diggy and Tafett may be the Accomplice!!!

I started thinking about that as well, Mama. Entirely plausible.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:39 pm

*Vodzu* wrote:"he first sound of squealing tires are from Perotta getting out of the way AFTER she has killed Vega. She sees Brennan and Hodgins and has to move before they see her."

But remember that Vega was not killed on the scene, he`s been killed somewhere else and then put into his vevhicle and it seems Perotta is just to small to handle putting Vega in the car on her own Wink Also, they proved that Vega fought his attacker ( Taffet`s broken ribs) so it couldn`t have been Perotta.

While it is true that he was killed somewhere else, Perotta and Taffet probably did the killing, Vega attacked Taffet, and then Perotta was left to clean up the mess.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next