Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffy/Angel fans

+24
country2776
Nightowl
G
SJB
rexcat
katharine
jsgemini
crzy4bones
CanadianBones
yvettelgh
treble21
suck.it.up.buttercup91
Meegs82
THX1138
missdebra87
moonlightbones
i_heart_bones
Tan
DBCrazy
MoonlightGardenias
Zeddie
flyersfan35
lena152
Fluffernutter
28 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Buffy/Angel fans - Page 4 Empty Re: Buffy/Angel fans

Post by flyersfan35 Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:00 pm

The Girl in Question was funny, too...omg, I so loved the whole Angel/Spike dynamic in Season 5! Those two were great together!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:59 am

ooh once more with feeling was just on cable...even though i have all the dvds i cant bear to turn buffy off when its on tv. especially that episode... Very Happy
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:20 am

I would have to say my fav Angel ep would be Waiting in the Wings, and not just because the Angel/Cordy thing in the dressing room.

I thought the speech by the ballerina while in the wings was so heart breaking and poignant... *sigh* Also the end with Wes seeing Fred and Gunn kissing was also very sad for me.

Just a great ep all around!
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 841
Say What You Want : Always in the shit, just the depth that varies
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:43 pm

ooh waiting in the wings is a good one... i loved watching cordy and angel acting like that. haha
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:57 pm

Tan wrote:I would have to say my fav Angel ep would be Waiting in the Wings, and not just because the Angel/Cordy thing in the dressing room.

I thought the speech by the ballerina while in the wings was so heart breaking and poignant... *sigh* Also the end with Wes seeing Fred and Gunn kissing was also very sad for me.

That was a good episode. Tan, did you listen to the commentary for that one? My memory isn't perfect, but I believe that that ballerina wasn't an actress. They were all so impressed by her performance.

And yes, I was devastated for Wesley ... and then for Groo to show up and foil Angel the way he did.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:01 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:ooh once more with feeling was just on cable...even though i have all the dvds i cant bear to turn buffy off when its on tv. especially that episode... Very Happy
On cable? Is Buffy on TV there in re-runs? If it is that is so not fair! I would love for one of the networks here to pick it up. I don't know why they don't - I'm sure it would have wide appeal! I have the DVD's, but who gets around to watching them? At least with Angel on I make a point of popping in now and again and getting my fix!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 pm

Tan wrote:But back to Angel... what is your favourite episode?
I've thought about this off and on, and I can't pick an episode. I keep seeing scenes, mostly scenes where Angel is hurt in one way or another.

A couple happy scenes that I just love are when he gets back with the Angel, Inc. but Cordy's still pissed at him and he's trying to figure out what to do to get back on her good side. He's talking with Wes, she screams, she runs in with her new clothes he bought her, she tells him he has a gay man's fashion sense, and then the both of them are there smiling and Angel is bopping his head dancing around with a big smile on my face - "I bought her clothes!" I just love him in that scene. That's one that I caught a glimpse of before I ever started really watching the show. It's funny to me now, because he's not being Angel - he's just being David! LOL!

Oh, and the other happy scene that I just adore ... he's with baby Connor. Connor just cries and cries and cries, and David's trying everything he can think of to soothe him. Nothing's working. And then he puts his vamp-face on ... and Connor just settles right down! Oh, I just beam when I watch that!

But I think Season II is my favorite. Angel and Darla just have some of the most wonderful scenes together. It just puts everything else in the Buffyverse to shame! (and I think BtVS and AtS are some of the best shows I've ever watched on TV!) There's so much there to pick from, but what comes to mind is their interaction when he wants like hell to help her, she's trying to get him to turn back into a vampire, and tells her that she damned him!

Oh, I'm just a plain ol' sucker for heartache & misery!! And obviously quite long-winded too! Sorry!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:22 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:ooh once more with feeling was just on cable...even though i have all the dvds i cant bear to turn buffy off when its on tv. especially that episode... Very Happy
On cable? Is Buffy on TV there in re-runs? If it is that is so not fair! I would love for one of the networks here to pick it up. I don't know why they don't - I'm sure it would have wide appeal! I have the DVD's, but who gets around to watching them? At least with Angel on I make a point of popping in now and again and getting my fix!

Yep both buffy and angel are on everyday! sometimes twice. And they run in order too, great for when im too lazy to do anything and sit at home all day watching foxtel Smile
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:06 am

Oooooooooooh!! That one's easy! I Will Remember You! But I also really like Are You Now or Have You Ever Been.

DBCrazy wrote:A couple happy scenes that I just love are when he gets back with the Angel, Inc. but Cordy's still pissed at him and he's trying to figure out what to do to get back on her good side. He's talking with Wes, she screams, she runs in with her new clothes he bought her, she tells him he has a gay man's fashion sense, and then the both of them are there smiling and Angel is bopping his head dancing around with a big smile on my face - "I bought her clothes!" I just love him in that scene. That's one that I caught a glimpse of before I ever started really watching the show. It's funny to me now, because he's not being Angel - he's just being David! LOL!
I liked season 2. We should have stayed there. (Sorry, B/A shipper raging mood)

DBCrazy wrote:Oh, and the other happy scene that I just adore ... he's with baby Connor. Connor just cries and cries and cries, and David's trying everything he can think of to soothe him. Nothing's working. And then he puts his vamp-face on ... and Connor just settles right down! Oh, I just beam when I watch that!
Love that scene too!!!
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:49 pm

Fluffernutter wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:Oh, and the other happy scene that I just adore ... he's with baby Connor. Connor just cries and cries and cries, and David's trying everything he can think of to soothe him. Nothing's working. And then he puts his vamp-face on ... and Connor just settles right down! Oh, I just beam when I watch that!
Love that scene too!!!
Somewhere when Connor came back, I kept wanting them to touch on that scene somehow, if only just a comment that makes Connor wonder...
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:52 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
Yep both buffy and angel are on everyday! sometimes twice. And they run in order too, great for when im too lazy to do anything and sit at home all day watching foxtel Smile
Oh yeah, that sounds like a perfect lazy day!

Or maybe one of these re-run stations could play an episode of each in the evening, instead of these 2 and 3 hours of the same show every night. That would be awesome!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:59 pm

Fluffernutter wrote:
Oooooooooooh!! That one's easy! I Will Remember You! But I also really like Are You Now or Have You Ever Been.
Two very good episodes, Fluff! I didn't know "Are you Now..." by name so I had to go look. I watched that one in full just last week ...
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:02 pm

But I think Season II is my favorite. Angel and Darla just have some of the most wonderful scenes together. It just puts everything else in the Buffyverse to shame! (and I think BtVS and AtS are some of the best shows I've ever watched on TV!) There's so much there to pick from, but what comes to mind is their interaction when he wants like hell to help her, she's trying to get him to turn back into a vampire, and tells her that she damned him!
That wasn't the one that I thought it was ... that one was on early this morning. I just went, nope that's not as powerful as the one I'm thinking of. But all that Season 2 Angel/Darla stuff is very good!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:10 pm

Okay, I'm about to wear out my welcome here so I'll go play somewhere else.

Oooohh, one last thing ... in PitP, when Booth was laid up with vicaden(sp?) and he was waxing poetic about chivalry and he mentioned slaying dragons, did anybody else flash to the ending of "Not Fade Away"?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:50 pm

DBCrazy wrote:Okay, I'm about to wear out my welcome here so I'll go play somewhere else.

Oooohh, one last thing ... in PitP, when Booth was laid up with vicaden(sp?) and he was waxing poetic about chivalry and he mentioned slaying dragons, did anybody else flash to the ending of "Not Fade Away"?
hmm im totally blanking on him talking about dragons...ill have to go watch again. well any excuse really Very Happy
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:02 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:Okay, I'm about to wear out my welcome here so I'll go play somewhere else.

hmm im totally blanking on him talking about dragons...ill have to go watch again. well any excuse really Very Happy
Spike: In terms of a plan?
Angel: We fight.
Spike: Bit more specific.
Angel: Well, personally, I kind of want to slay the dragon. Let's get to work.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:30 am

flyersfan35 wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:

That's it, Flyers! Maybe I just try too hard to feel like they're reaching out a bit to throw a bone to the fans!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:18 am

flyersfan35 wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:

hehe i meant i couldnt remember the part in bones...but he does look like booths thinking back when he says it... Laughing
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:30 am

i_heart_bones wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:

hehe i meant i couldnt remember the part in bones...but he does look like booths thinking back when he says it... Laughing
Oh! Haha, sorry! I thought you meant from Angel...lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:16 am

DBCrazy wrote:
Tan wrote:I would have to say my fav Angel ep would be Waiting in the Wings, and not just because the Angel/Cordy thing in the dressing room.

That was a good episode. Tan, did you listen to the commentary for that one? My memory isn't perfect, but I believe that that ballerina wasn't an actress. They were all so impressed by her performance.

And yes, I was devastated for Wesley ... and then for Groo to show up and foil Angel the way he did.

Yeah, I've listened to all the commentaries and she is actually from the US. If I remember correctly she auditioned with both a Russian and English accent and they chose the Russian one. And you're quite correct, she's a professional ballerina.
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 841
Say What You Want : Always in the shit, just the depth that varies
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 am

Tan wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

Yeah, I've listened to all the commentaries and she is actually from the US. If I remember correctly she auditioned with both a Russian and English accent and they chose the Russian one. And you're quite correct, she's a professional ballerina.
Yeah, she was a ballerina, but now she's an actress. And she's good...I love her in Sarah Connor Chronicles.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:40 am

flyersfan35 wrote:
Tan wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

Yeah, she was a ballerina, but now she's an actress. And she's good...I love her in Sarah Connor Chronicles.
Wait, is she Summer Glau?? I never watched that episode very closely. ie, I stopped it after 30 minutes.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:07 am

Fluffernutter wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
Tan wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

Wait, is she Summer Glau?? I never watched that episode very closely. ie, I stopped it after 30 minutes.
I just checked IMDb.com. Yes! It is her from SCC. And she was also in Firefly and Serenity too! I knew that she looked familiar but I just never figured out where from!!! Cool!

Has anyone else noticed how many of the Buffyverse women were dancers? Sarah Michelle Gellar, Charisma Carpenter, Eliza Dushku, Amy Acker, Michelle Trachtenberg ... I think Alyson Hannigan is the only female of note that wasn't!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:27 am

Another funny little tidbit, that Amy Acker is in Dollhouse with Eliza Dushku...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:57 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:Another funny little tidbit, that Amy Acker is in Dollhouse with Eliza Dushku...
I saw that! I hadn't heard a thing about her being in that though. I was clicking by the channels and saw her. She had a long scar on her face, either that or it was a healing wound. She wasn't playing any kind of perky girl though - I'd have to get in and watch it to get accustomed to that sort of persona. Don't know if that's a show I'm wanting to watch though. Any reviews??
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next