Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffy/Angel fans

+24
country2776
Nightowl
G
SJB
rexcat
katharine
jsgemini
crzy4bones
CanadianBones
yvettelgh
treble21
suck.it.up.buttercup91
Meegs82
THX1138
missdebra87
moonlightbones
i_heart_bones
Tan
DBCrazy
MoonlightGardenias
Zeddie
flyersfan35
lena152
Fluffernutter
28 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Buffy/Angel fans - Page 5 Empty Re: Buffy/Angel fans

Post by lena152 Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:32 pm

there's a dollhouse thread where i'm practically talking to myself.. so if anyone wants to come join me, i might feel less like a crazy person... Very Happy

i'm not exactly sure what to think of dollhouse yet. the first few episodes were kind of weird, some were good, some were really not good at all.. Wink but last week it's really picked up pace.. i think from now on it's going to get really interesting. the set-up is crazy, definitely, but what else would you expect from joss, right!? Smile

and yeah, amy acker is in it, and of course eliza dushku is.. and some dude from battlestar galactica, tahmon pickett (?) (never seen that, but there seem to be a lot of fans).
lena152
lena152
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 668
Say What You Want : DB on my kitchen floor! ;-)
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:42 am

I've only watched the first 3 eps...I'm not sure if I like it or not...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:25 pm

I tuned in this morning. Saturday is usually 1 ep, but today it turned out to be 2. Last ep Angel just did Darla and "woke up", and then he went and saved Kate, and Cordy just walked into the house of the 3-eyed demons! She's getting ready to be impregnated again!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by lena152 Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:26 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:I've only watched the first 3 eps...I'm not sure if I like it or not...

it gets better! Smile
lena152
lena152
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:03 pm

I haven't watched Dollhouse. I barely have the time for the 2 hours of TV I watch every week (Bones-duh-, How I Met Your Mother and 30 Rock. When Bones is on, of course. *coughMORONICFOXEXECScough*)

A weird Angel-linkage thing that totally freaked me out when I was reading about it in my history textbook: In Douglas MacArthur's final speech after Truman took away his command in Korea, he said the following: "Old heroes never die, they just fade away." I'm thinking that it's no coincidence. Anyone wanna ring in on this? Maybe everyone already knew that and you're all pitying the know-nothing high schooler? (Totally viable possibility. Wink)
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lena152 Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:27 pm

Fluffernutter wrote:I haven't watched Dollhouse. I barely have the time for the 2 hours of TV I watch every week (Bones-duh-, How I Met Your Mother and 30 Rock. When Bones is on, of course. *coughMORONICFOXEXECScough*)

okay, i've been pretty sceptical about dollhouse so far, too, but the last two episodes have really been great. now you can finally see what this show is meant to be like. the first few episodes joss apparently had to rewrite and redo according to fox's wishes, which you could totally tell. but now things are really starting to get interesting. Smile
lena152
lena152
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:51 am

Fluffernutter wrote:... A weird Angel-linkage thing that totally freaked me out when I was reading about it in my history textbook: In Douglas MacArthur's final speech after Truman took away his command in Korea, he said the following: "Old heroes never die, they just fade away." I'm thinking that it's no coincidence. Anyone wanna ring in on this? Maybe everyone already knew that and you're all pitying the know-nothing high schooler? (Totally viable possibility. Wink)
Not sure what you're getting at Fluff. That is a well-known quote, but I wouldn't have been able to tell you who said it. I'm not even sure it's original with MacArthur, but its possible.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:28 am

I think fluffernutter just means the title of the last episode. Not fade away....probably not a coincidence at all. nice find Smile
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:31 am

I understand where you're coming from Fluff... Angel is the hero that just faded away, but didn't die. Well, we never saw him die!

I know there are quite a few fics out there that deal with the aftermath of that final fight, and some are really good. I'll have to go and do a bit of R&D and get back to ya Laughing
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 841
Say What You Want : Always in the shit, just the depth that varies
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:35 am

Tan wrote:I understand where you're coming from Fluff... Angel is the hero that just faded away, but didn't die. Well, we never saw him die!
Yeah i think thats what its all about...i probably should have said that lol!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:24 am

bugaboo628 wrote:I thought I would post this because of all of the Angel fans.

Andy Hallett who played Lorne on Angel passed away last night at the age of 33.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Bug posted this in another thread. I thought I'd post it here in case anybody missed it there. So young, so sad.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:20 am

Yeah, I just saw this on Obsessed with Bones. It's terrible. RIP, Andy, beloved Krevlornswath of the Deathwok Clan.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:08 am

Fluffernutter wrote:Yeah, I just saw this on Obsessed with Bones. It's terrible. RIP, Andy, beloved Krevlornswath of the Deathwok Clan.
And he passed away the day before they headed off for Pylea ...
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:08 am

In happier news about former Buffy/Angel stars, Alyson Hannigan and Alexis Dennisof had a baby girl! Read about it [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:50 pm

Fluffernutter wrote:In happier news about former Buffy/Angel stars, Alyson Hannigan and Alexis Dennisof had a baby girl! Read about it [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

oh thats really cute!!
They are such a cute couple...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 am

Fluffernutter wrote:In happier news about former Buffy/Angel stars, Alyson Hannigan and Alexis Dennisof had a baby girl! Read about it [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
It's a girl – and she shares her birthday with her mom!
How cool is that!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:14 am

Aw, that's cute!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:28 am

I'm wondering about the Angel: Live Fast, Die Never CD, soundtrack for the series. Has anybody bought it or listened to it? Any Reviews?

Or even any of the Buffy soundtrack CD's?

I love, love, love the soundtrack for Bones, but I thought I'd check before buying one of these...
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:33 am

DBCrazy wrote:I'm wondering about the Angel: Live Fast, Die Never CD, soundtrack for the series. Has anybody bought it or listened to it? Any Reviews?

Or even any of the Buffy soundtrack CD's?

I love, love, love the soundtrack for Bones, but I thought I'd check before buying one of these...
My #1 most played song on my iPod is LA Song by Christian Kane. GREAT song. I don't have the full soundtrack, but from what I've seen, it's a lot of instrumental, personal themes. Not too many songs with lyrics that I know of. I could be wrong, though.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:44 pm

Hmmm. I don't know yet.

But I did just see that Darla is returning the first TNT episode Monday morning. Belly out to here *holding hand way out*! ICAWTK! (see if you can figure that one out!)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Oh I miss Darla... she's such a b***h but in a good way Laughing I especially liked her when she had a soul when pregnant with Connor.
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 841
Say What You Want : Always in the shit, just the depth that varies
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:33 pm

Tan wrote:Oh I miss Darla... she's such a b***h but in a good way Laughing I especially liked her when she had a soul when pregnant with Connor.
I loved those eps...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Tan wrote:Oh I miss Darla... she's such a b***h but in a good way Laughing I especially liked her when she had a soul when pregnant with Connor.
I've been depriving myself of sleep these couple days ...

Yeah, it was awesome watching Angel with her, knowing that she's having his son. There's one thing that it echoes back to for me, and that's where he admits that even after he had a soul - all he wanted ... was Darla. (for the life of me I can't remember if that was an Angel moment somewhere or a Buffy moment.)

And something that was new for me this morning was when she was lying in Lorne's bed in Caritas, with Angel by her side, and she says "My boy. - My darling boy... " It's something that she always says to Angel/us, but this time with so much affection she was speaking to her baby. (I didn't catch that ... (can't think of a word for it) ("resonance" comes to mind (?)) before.)

Then after her proclamation, in the alley in the rain, that this baby is the only good thing they'd ever done together, she staked herself. And Angel, in shock, scooped up baby Connor and guarded him out of the alley, past a dazed Holtz! That section of the show is so emotional. I just love it!

(You'd never know I own the DVDs since I still watch it on TV so much!)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:28 am

DBCrazy wrote:
I've been depriving myself of sleep these couple days ...

Yeah, it was awesome watching Angel with her, knowing that she's having his son. There's one thing that it echoes back to for me, and that's where he admits that even after he had a soul - all he wanted ... was Darla. (for the life of me I can't remember if that was an Angel moment somewhere or a Buffy moment.)

And something that was new for me this morning was when she was lying in Lorne's bed in Caritas, with Angel by her side, and she says "My boy. - My darling boy... " It's something that she always says to Angel/us, but this time with so much affection she was speaking to her baby. (I didn't catch that ... (can't think of a word for it) ("resonance" comes to mind (?)) before.)

Then after her proclamation, in the alley in the rain, that this baby is the only good thing they'd ever done together, she staked herself. And Angel, in shock, scooped up baby Connor and guarded him out of the alley, past a dazed Holtz! That section of the show is so emotional. I just love it!

(You'd never know I own the DVDs since I still watch it on TV so much!)
I really should watch the whole series over again. I only watched each episode once and I was rushing through them a little so I could get to the end. After like halfway through season 2, my memory gets spotty.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:59 am

Fluffernutter wrote:I really should watch the whole series over again. I only watched each episode once and I was rushing through them a little so I could get to the end. After like halfway through season 2, my memory gets spotty.
Well, I definitely recommend it! I still catch stuff, especially different nuances in things.

Hey, Fluff, do/did you ever write in Angel fic?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next