Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffy/Angel fans

+24
country2776
Nightowl
G
SJB
rexcat
katharine
jsgemini
crzy4bones
CanadianBones
yvettelgh
treble21
suck.it.up.buttercup91
Meegs82
THX1138
missdebra87
moonlightbones
i_heart_bones
Tan
DBCrazy
MoonlightGardenias
Zeddie
flyersfan35
lena152
Fluffernutter
28 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Buffy/Angel fans - Page 3 Empty Re: Buffy/Angel fans

Post by Fluffernutter Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:37 am

DBCrazy wrote:
Fluffernutter wrote:It's absolutely a question of which you saw first ... ... ... Stop, Fluff, stop!! (That's what my friends say when I push it down their throats every second.)
No, Fluff! I'm quite opinionated myself, and I love to hear others express theirs too! Very Happy
Oh, it's good to hear that you weren't offended by my shipper bigotry. Very Happy
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:45 am

Fluffernutter wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
Fluffernutter wrote:It's absolutely a question of which you saw first ... ... ... Stop, Fluff, stop!! (That's what my friends say when I push it down their throats every second.)
No, Fluff! I'm quite opinionated myself, and I love to hear others express theirs too! Very Happy
Oh, it's good to hear that you weren't offended by my shipper bigotry. Very Happy
If you'd BEEN YELLING AT ME, maybe! But I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic, or maybe a bit of a slut. If they want to get together I don't have a problem with it, except Cordy/Connor (ew!! even still I gag!)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:07 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
Fluffernutter wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
If you'd BEEN YELLING AT ME, maybe! But I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic, or maybe a bit of a slut. If they want to get together I don't have a problem with it, except Cordy/Connor (ew!! even still I gag!)
I am a romantic as well. We were talking about The Great Gatsby in my English class and my teacher was going on and on about the illusion of love and how we only love to fit preconcieved notions of perfection and how we don't really love people, just the idea of them to make ourselves happy and I was thinking the whole time "stop bombarding me with your cynicism!! I LOVE LOVE!"
Connor and Cordy was just screwed up. A nasty plot arc altogether. I have NEVER run across a Connor/Cordy shipper and I've seen everything from Buffy/Gunn to Angel/Buffy!Bot/Spike shippers. Whacked!! I want to go back in time and see what the writers were on when they thought "oh, great, let's have Connor and Cordy do it cause THAT'D be attractive." Rolling Eyes
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:32 pm

In a class like that, that's when you turn on the Charlie Brown Teacher Translator so all you hear is "mwa mwa mwa mwaaa".

Forget the writers, I wonder what Charisma was thinking while she was doing that scene?? I bet she tried to call in sick to work!!

I haven't read a whole lot of Angel fanfic, but the very, very, very first piece of fanfic that I ever came across was a piece of Angel/Spike Slash. I had no concept of FanFic and I was thinking it was a script or something!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Connor and Cordy was just screwed up. A nasty plot arc altogether. I have NEVER run across a Connor/Cordy shipper and I've seen everything from Buffy/Gunn to Angel/Buffy!Bot/Spike shippers. Whacked!! I want to go back in time and see what the writers were on when they thought "oh, great, let's have Connor and Cordy do it cause THAT'D be attractive." Rolling Eyes

In the box-set of Angel there is a whole long explanation about why they decided that Cordy and Connor got 'together'... long story short - Charisma found out she was pregnant so they had to write an arc to cover/explain it.

I really thought they could have done a MUCH better job with it but I don't know how. That's why I'm not a writer Twisted Evil

Forget the writers, I wonder what Charisma was thinking while she was doing that scene??

I have no idea, but the poor woman - I gotta say I didn't really find Vincent that appealing in the first place confused
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 841
Say What You Want : Always in the shit, just the depth that varies
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Connor was okay for being a rebellious teenager, but he wasn't exactly Cougar-bait!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:34 pm

DBCrazy wrote:Connor was okay for being a rebellious teenager, but he wasn't exactly Cougar-bait!
LOL statement, right there.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:49 pm

DBCrazy wrote:Forget the writers, I wonder what Charisma was thinking while she was doing that scene?? I bet she tried to call in sick to work!!
I would be uncomfortable having to do a sex scene with any coworker who was a close friend. It seems like it would throw off the whole relationship and make things awkward and uncomfortable. Maybe it's just part of the whole professional actor thing??
But think about how Jaime must feel if/when she reads those user comments of Youtube vidoes that go "David and Emily have such great chemistry, he should divorce his wife and get together with her." (Not to mention stuff like: "oh, Jaime's pretty, but was she really in Playboy?" "I'm sure David's really happy with her, but he's so hot that couldn't he find someone prettier than she is?") When you're intimate with someone on screen, it throws this weirdness into the mix.

DBCrazy wrote:I haven't read a whole lot of Angel fanfic, but the very, very, very first piece of fanfic that I ever came across was a piece of Angel/Spike Slash. I had no concept of FanFic and I was thinking it was a script or something!
I can't even remember the first BTVS/ATS fic I read. But it must be horribly disturbing to just get thrown in to slash if you're not a slasher and especially weird if you think it's an actual script! I had already been into Harry Potter and Bones fic for a while, so knew how to find decent fic already, although I stumbled across a LOT of bad fic at the beginning.
Oh, wait- I think my first Buffy fic was Dreaming of an Angel by Maeve Bran. Huh...whacky brain functioning!
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:15 am

Fluffernutter wrote:I can't even remember the first BTVS/ATS fic I read. But it must be horribly disturbing to just get thrown in to slash if you're not a slasher and especially weird if you think it's an actual script! I had already been into Harry Potter and Bones fic for a while, so knew how to find decent fic already, although I stumbled across a LOT of bad fic at the beginning.
Oh, wait- I think my first Buffy fic was Dreaming of an Angel by Maeve Bran. Huh...whacky brain functioning!
I haven't even been going over to fanfic.net very long, and I'm still blown away by the selection, and the quantity and the quality! I'm not naturally a reader - I've always gone in for movies and TV. But fanfic's made a reader out of me!! Go figure!

Do you recommend this Maeve Bran story you mentioned above?

Fluffernutter wrote:I would be uncomfortable having to do a sex scene with any coworker who was a close friend. It seems like it would throw off the whole relationship and make things awkward and uncomfortable. Maybe it's just part of the whole professional actor thing??
But think about how Jaime must feel if/when she reads those user comments of Youtube vidoes that go "David and Emily have such great chemistry, he should divorce his wife and get together with her." (Not to mention stuff like: "oh, Jaime's pretty, but was she really in Playboy?" "I'm sure David's really happy with her, but he's so hot that couldn't he find someone prettier than she is?") When you're intimate with someone on screen, it throws this weirdness into the mix.
I think it would definitely be weird, at least at first. Portraying an ongoing relationship in a TV show is what would weird me out. Go to work and have a "spouse" there, then go home and have the real one to deal with. Talk about getting the fiction messed up with the canon!!
But about Jaime ... you see my avatar! I hope she stays away from all the YouTube stuff that fans enjoy because I'm sure it could hurt - no matter how level-headed she is!

When I get too much David/Emily, my mind goes into David/Jaime-mode. I get protective ... like he's a friend's kid brother or something. He just seems like a real guy, decent upbringing, good home life, and if he picked Jaime then that's that - and don't be messing with it. I'm sure every now and again he has to deal with some wiseguy, but he knew that going in. Some people may look down on her, but I figure all that's a family matter now. Frankly, curiosity got the better of me and I looked for myself Embarassed. She's gorgeous and she's adorable, and seems to be sorta shy. I don't see any lapses in her judgment, other than maybe agreeing to do that Punk'd prank, and heaven knows in the capitol of Judgment Lapses that was Nothing!

I think they make a nice couple and I wish them nothing but the best!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:17 am

Oh, I'm a doctor now!! Sad I'm going to miss my hunky Booth!! I might not even post as much now. Mad
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:26 am

DBCrazy wrote:Oh, I'm a doctor now!! Sad I'm going to miss my hunky Booth!! I might not even post as much now. Mad

I was like that too.
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
Buffy/Angel fans - Page 3 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:59 am

Zeddie wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:Oh, I'm a doctor now!! Sad I'm going to miss my hunky Booth!! I might not even post as much now. Mad

I was like that too.
Zeddie, it looks like you're about ready for another promotion!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:03 am

DBCrazy wrote:
Zeddie wrote:

I was like that too.
Zeddie, it looks like you're about ready for another promotion!

yepp!
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
Buffy/Angel fans - Page 3 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:20 pm

I know this is very late notice, but just in case somebody who wants to find it finds it ...

Tuesday morning 6:00 and 7:00 AM ET, TNT will be airing the two episodes from Season 1 when Faith arrives in LA after waking from her coma in Sunnydale. (Five by Five and Sanctuary)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:09 pm

DBCrazy wrote:I know this is very late notice, but just in case somebody who wants to find it finds it ...

Tuesday morning 6:00 and 7:00 AM ET, TNT will be airing the two episodes from Season 1 when Faith arrives in LA after waking from her coma in Sunnydale. (Five by Five and Sanctuary)
Oh, they are two of my favorites...luckily I have all the dvd's, though...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:28 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:... TNT will be airing the two episodes from Season 1 when Faith arrives in LA after waking from her coma in Sunnydale. (Five by Five and Sanctuary)
Oh, they are two of my favorites...luckily I have all the dvd's, though...
Yeah, those are two good ones! I have the dvd's too, but I rarely get them out, and right now they're on loan to a friend anyway. I just caught a couple key scenes this morning - Faith trying to commit suicide by Angel, and Angel and Buffy getting into it at the police station after Faith turned herself in. That's some good TV.

I can't believe that I didn't watch either of these shows when they were on originally!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:13 am

DBCrazy wrote:I know this is very late notice, but just in case somebody who wants to find it finds it ...

I love those! I very much enjoy fanfics with the Buffy ep "This Year's Girl"...it's a Buffy/Angel soulmate thing. But back to the point- I very much love the Faith breaking down scene in Five by Five and I think David's acting in that scene in the police station in Sanctuary is AMAZING.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:27 pm

I woke up early this morning to catch Angel and the very first scene I saw Lilah sneaking into an office and straight away I knew the whole Darla aspect of the show! Yummy! The two of them were some of the best Angel. It took until Cordy's vision to remember what the "other story" was going to be - the kinetic girl who crushed the guys with the dumpster in the alley! There was so much cool stuff in that one...

Anybody ever hear the joke about the comedian's old folks home, where they just call out the number of the joke, then all laugh! It's starting to almost feel something like that when I click on an Angel episode! But I like to watch anyway!! Very Happy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:20 pm

I was like that with SG-1 for years! Especially the first 4 seasons. We have a show here called The Einstein Factor and the contestants get to choose the subject they get quizzed on... I always thought I'd be good at the first four seasons of SG-1... Very Happy
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:14 am

Tan wrote:I was like that with SG-1 for years! Especially the first 4 seasons. We have a show here called The Einstein Factor and the contestants get to choose the subject they get quizzed on... I always thought I'd be good at the first four seasons of SG-1... Very Happy
I have these recurring dreams where I'm on a game show and the subject is Buffy and I totally ace all the questions, leaving the other contestants in the DUST and get a lot of money!!! *maniacal laughter* Twisted Evil
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:28 pm

Fluffernutter wrote:
Tan wrote:I was like that with SG-1 for years! Especially the first 4 seasons. We have a show here called The Einstein Factor and the contestants get to choose the subject they get quizzed on... I always thought I'd be good at the first four seasons of SG-1... Very Happy
I have these recurring dreams where I'm on a game show and the subject is Buffy and I totally ace all the questions, leaving the other contestants in the DUST and get a lot of money!!! *maniacal laughter* Twisted Evil
Instead of "Name that Tune" it would be "Name that Show!".

I'd be good through about 1975, before cable shows were everywhere - back when the next day everybody was always talking about the same show. Nowadays I hardly know anything about TV. Everytime they show clips of the Hollywood TV stars I can name a couple folks, but the lion's share of them don't even look familiar!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:35 pm

Oh, I know what you mean DB! And don't get me started on how much I don't know about music Very Happy

But back to Angel... what is your favourite episode?
Tan
Tan
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Oh, I hate picking favorites. Oh ... gosh ... I'm sitting here thinking of some really good scenes that I love ... but I couldn't pick one from the other ... and especially not an episode.

Let me think on it, Tan. I'll get back to you on that one. I was trying to finally get to bed! It's almost 3 AM here and I've got to get up in a few hours!! I'm so bad. I've been reading fanfic here and on ff.net! My youngest even woke up a bit ago to ask me what I was doing? I gotta get to bed!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:44 pm

Tan wrote:

But back to Angel... what is your favourite episode?
ooh i know..
Either the girl in question or smile time...hehe
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:59 pm

Smile Time was the funniest...but my fave? Hmm...I'd have to think.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next