Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Hart Booth Fan Club

+19
Sany
Niah
marymageli
PIMP
Turi ray of sunshine
ToZiKa
Secateurs
Cassiopeia
Meegs82
willgirl
himbeer29
missdebra87
Kasper
Polygirl
flyersfan35
fairytales_end
SnoopGirl
Aloemilk
queen bess
23 posters

:: The IHBFC

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

I Hart Booth Fan Club - Page 38 Empty Re: I Hart Booth Fan Club

Post by sadhbh Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:07 am

flyersfan35 wrote:I think my toes are frozen...

Hot shower!! it's the only cure! Or a really good power walk. but the hot shower is generally nicer. And no part of you is cold after, unlike if you try to warm your toes by walking in the cold...
sadhbh
sadhbh
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 2966
Say What You Want : Must. Resist. Spoilers!!
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by himbeer29 Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:07 am

queen bess wrote:
sadhbh wrote:
queen bess wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:
squirtandmilo wrote:How can you live in that cold? I die here in Winter when it drops below 8 during the day. Not that it does that very often. And up at the ranch when it gets to 3 or 4 we all die!
are you talking in F or C???

cos that's bascially what it's like here... and i'm the same as you... i would die if it ever got that cold!!!

I'm assuming C. Since that's what everyone else uses. But I honestly think that makes it more difficult to tell what the temperature is... or maybe I'm just used to fahrenheit. But because the numbers in C are closer... one or two degrees can make a huge difference!
see... i just do NOT understand F... not got a clue... someone can say 50F and i have no idea what they mean... but i can tell you the difference between 24C and 27C... i guess it's all about what you are familiar with...

24 is lovely. 27 is getting up to towards too hot to work. (what! We don't hit above thirty here. And when we do, they report it on the news!)
precisely!! 27 means LOTS of sun cream at least every 45 mins... whereas 24 mean nice happy comfortable bess...

well see we have that here... but on a bigger scale... 70s are beautiful, 80s are great, but in the sun you're going to get hot, 90s are hot, over 100 bring lots of water with you... then in the cold... 30s are cold, but bearable, 20s are a bit colder, 10s are freezing... single digits and low 10s suck the life out of you and make you want to die, and below zero, just don't even go outside if you can help it.
himbeer29
himbeer29
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 10638
Say What You Want : Chicks Against Energy Drinks = C.A.E.D ♫♪Because they are bad for you♪♫ (Thanks to Turi!)
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:08 am

sadhbh wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:I think my toes are frozen...

Hot shower!! it's the only cure! Or a really good power walk. but the hot shower is generally nicer. And no part of you is cold after, unlike if you try to warm your toes by walking in the cold...
Heading there now...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by sadhbh Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:08 am

himbeer29 wrote:
sadhbh wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:
squirtandmilo wrote:How can you live in that cold? I die here in Winter when it drops below 8 during the day. Not that it does that very often. And up at the ranch when it gets to 3 or 4 we all die!

cos that's bascially what it's like here... and i'm the same as you... i would die if it ever got that cold!!!

I'm assuming C. Since that's what everyone else uses. But I honestly think that makes it more difficult to tell what the temperature is... or maybe I'm just used to fahrenheit. But because the numbers in C are closer... one or two degrees can make a huge difference!

But celcius is so much more sensible. At zero is the freezing point of water. What's the number in farenheit?

If we wanted to get pedantic here, from a scientific point of view we should be using Kelvin...Very Happy

Aren't you all glad I joined the conversation??

32! And everyone (who knows F) knows that, so it doesn't make it more difficult! I dunno. The specificity of the numbers and how much difference a degree or two makes throws me off when I travel, because I'm used to estimating.

So would your freezer measure in farenheit?

32 just seems so arbitrary to me, but I suppose if you aren't use to celcius, 0 is equally arbitrary...
sadhbh
sadhbh
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:09 am

sadhbh wrote:
Kasper wrote:Then there would be no negatives... then it will 272.15K tonight.

Want to know a secret? I hate the Kelvin scale. I always have to convert it in my head back to celcius. It's a pain in the ass. Only physicists bother with Kelvin. thoereticists. If someone just tells me what temperature to do the reaction at, in any scale I'm happy. but they lie. they all lie. And that will mean nothing to most, but just accept it and get back to laughing at the scientist hating the Kelvin scale. And admitting it Smile
we had to do one of our chemistry exams in kelvin... and my teacher basically told us to do it all in celcius and then go through and convert it all... and then we spent about three lessons teaching the 'stupid' people how to convert the temps...

i say stupid because they weren't paying attention and kept asking stupid annoying and repetative questions...
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17725
Say What You Want : demoted to countess...
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by sadhbh Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:10 am

himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:
sadhbh wrote:
queen bess wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:

see... i just do NOT understand F... not got a clue... someone can say 50F and i have no idea what they mean... but i can tell you the difference between 24C and 27C... i guess it's all about what you are familiar with...

24 is lovely. 27 is getting up to towards too hot to work. (what! We don't hit above thirty here. And when we do, they report it on the news!)
precisely!! 27 means LOTS of sun cream at least every 45 mins... whereas 24 mean nice happy comfortable bess...

well see we have that here... but on a bigger scale... 70s are beautiful, 80s are great, but in the sun you're going to get hot, 90s are hot, over 100 bring lots of water with you... then in the cold... 30s are cold, but bearable, 20s are a bit colder, 10s are freezing... single digits and low 10s suck the life out of you and make you want to die, and below zero, just don't even go outside if you can help it.

Hmmm. That seems quite sensible. never would have thunk it!
sadhbh
sadhbh
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:10 am

himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:
sadhbh wrote:
queen bess wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:

but ours is just so much more specific.... Razz
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by himbeer29 Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:10 am

sadhbh wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
sadhbh wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:

But celcius is so much more sensible. At zero is the freezing point of water. What's the number in farenheit?

If we wanted to get pedantic here, from a scientific point of view we should be using Kelvin...Very Happy

Aren't you all glad I joined the conversation??

32! And everyone (who knows F) knows that, so it doesn't make it more difficult! I dunno. The specificity of the numbers and how much difference a degree or two makes throws me off when I travel, because I'm used to estimating.

So would your freezer measure in farenheit?

32 just seems so arbitrary to me, but I suppose if you aren't use to celcius, 0 is equally arbitrary...

ummm... my freezer doesn't measure in anything... it's just cold ;-). But yeah, I'm assuming it would measure in F if it did. Things that have C have it coupled with F, so it'll say on a sign or something, it's 12:08, 32F, 0C.
himbeer29
himbeer29
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : Chicks Against Energy Drinks = C.A.E.D ♫♪Because they are bad for you♪♫ (Thanks to Turi!)

Back to top Go down

Post by himbeer29 Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:11 am

queen bess wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:
sadhbh wrote:
queen bess wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:

hence my problem. I can never figure out the specifics of each degree.
himbeer29
himbeer29
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:11 am

See I like all temperature scales. I love numbers... and Kelvin is fun because I give my mother temperatures in it all the time and she goes what the hell everytime.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by sadhbh Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:11 am

queen bess wrote:
sadhbh wrote:

Want to know a secret? I hate the Kelvin scale. I always have to convert it in my head back to celcius. It's a pain in the ass. Only physicists bother with Kelvin. thoereticists. If someone just tells me what temperature to do the reaction at, in any scale I'm happy. but they lie. they all lie. And that will mean nothing to most, but just accept it and get back to laughing at the scientist hating the Kelvin scale. And admitting it Smile
we had to do one of our chemistry exams in kelvin... and my teacher basically told us to do it all in celcius and then go through and convert it all... and then we spent about three lessons teaching the 'stupid' people how to convert the temps...

i say stupid because they weren't paying attention and kept asking stupid annoying and repetative questions...

Seriously? Add 273. That's it. That's all there is to it. I hated those people in class. They always irritated the hell out of me. Not the ones that needed help, but the ones who talked when the help was being given and then we had to sit through it again and again....
sadhbh
sadhbh
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:12 am

Haha funny, my brother called me last night trying to figure out why PV=nRT wasn't working... he wasn't converting to Kelvin the right way.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:12 am

himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:
sadhbh wrote:
queen bess wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:

hehe... and we are back to the initial problem!! circular logic, don;t you love it!
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sadhbh Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:12 am

Kasper wrote:See I like all temperature scales. I love numbers... and Kelvin is fun because I give my mother temperatures in it all the time and she goes what the hell everytime.

hahaha. must try that sometime!
sadhbh
sadhbh
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by himbeer29 Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:13 am

Kasper wrote:See I like all temperature scales. I love numbers... and Kelvin is fun because I give my mother temperatures in it all the time and she goes what the hell everytime.

hahahaha
himbeer29
himbeer29
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by himbeer29 Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:14 am

queen bess wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:
sadhbh wrote:
queen bess wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:

hehe... and we are back to the initial problem!! circular logic, don;t you love it!

as a lawyer-in-training, it's my favorite! ;-)
himbeer29
himbeer29
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:14 am

Well the sad(? is that what you're called?), I'm not responsible for any injuries received as a result...
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:14 am

sadhbh wrote:
queen bess wrote:
sadhbh wrote:

Seriously? Add 273. That's it. That's all there is to it. I hated those people in class. They always irritated the hell out of me. Not the ones that needed help, but the ones who talked when the help was being given and then we had to sit through it again and again....
seriously!!!! but they were like are the "gaps" between the degrees different?? and everyone else just felt like yelling across the lab "NO!!! YOU IDIOTS!! AND YOU WOULD KNOW THIS IF YOU WERE PAYING ATTENTION!!!"

sigh....
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:15 am

himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:
sadhbh wrote:
queen bess wrote:
himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:

as a lawyer-in-training, it's my favorite! ;-)
of course you do... it's how you are going to make all your money.... Wink
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sadhbh Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:16 am

Kasper wrote:Well the sad(? is that what you're called?), I'm not responsible for any injuries received as a result...

Just sad. Or das. Thanks for the warning!

I couldn't figure out if we'd met before. Hello!
sadhbh
sadhbh
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by himbeer29 Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:16 am

queen bess wrote:of course you do... it's how you are going to make all your money.... Wink

hahaha... riiiiight.
himbeer29
himbeer29
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sadhbh Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:17 am

queen bess wrote:
sadhbh wrote:
queen bess wrote:
sadhbh wrote:

seriously!!!! but they were like are the "gaps" between the degrees different?? and everyone else just felt like yelling across the lab "NO!!! YOU IDIOTS!! AND YOU WOULD KNOW THIS IF YOU WERE PAYING ATTENTION!!!"

sigh....

Ugh. And that is why I had my text books read a few months in advance. Just kept reading ahead....
sadhbh
sadhbh
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:18 am

hey guys...go check out my thread in non-bones topics for some entertainment Smile
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:18 am

himbeer29 wrote:
queen bess wrote:of course you do... it's how you are going to make all your money.... Wink

hahaha... riiiiight.
but you are going to be a nice lawyer... so maybe not.... it's how those 'evil' defense attorneys are going to try and beat you....

unless you aren't doing criminal law and then i know nothing....
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:18 am

Ah, hi sad. I'm Kasper... a ghost apparently. Nice to meet you even if you study one of the evils.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down