Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl

3 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty magicstar wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:09 am

A2BOREANAZ wrote:i would like to point out that magic wanted a little nibble on his cock.......or something........i did not write that........the hooker did..........i rest my case

LOOK! do you want some smut or not? hmmmm? haha

and willi this fic has me absolutely intrigued. I am actually trying to work out who the murdere is too, trying to peice together all your complicated peices of the puzzle. You really are a very amazing writer...the twists and turns are brilliant and all very well researched. Looking forward to the next chappy x x
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2130
Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty willgirl wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:09 am

Yea that was a typo A2b! LOL! And thank you both for your reviews.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty willgirl wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:14 am

A/N: Here’s the next chapter. I will fully admit this gave me the heebies. And the jeebies. I hope you enjoy!

“Tell us about him.” Brennan asked.

“He’s not that bad.” Susie whispered. “He’s just…”

Brennan and Booth waited.

“I…” she hesitated. “He told me I would be happy. And I was. It was nice being there, on the farm with everyone. And the children. I can’t have children and I got to care for them, you know? He told me that this was my destiny. That I would finally be rewarded for my good life.” Tears came to her eyes.

“I’m a good person.” She said. “I am, I promise. He tells me that all the time, Ezekiel. I’m good.”

Brennan nodded. “Do you live with him?”

“Sometimes.” Susie said. “I have my house with my husband but Zeel, he…”

“Do you have sex with him?” Booth asked.

“Not just sex.” Susie replied. “The joining. I feel so beautiful and pure and he shows us all what it’s like to be loved. I love him. I love him a lot, I’m just talking to you because he’s scaring me a little, you need to understand, he’s not a bad person.”

“We understand.” Brennan said. “What do you do when you live there?”

“We get up in the morning to listen to him talk. He tells the most wonderful stories.” Susie said dreamily. “Then the men go teach the children. You see, the children are bad. The devil’s inside them and only the men can get him out.”

“What do they do to get the devil out?” Brennan asked.

“Sometimes they have to beat it out of them. The children are very naughty. And the joining. They do that a lot too. It’s secret though and I’m not supposed to know about that. Zeel says my curiosity is evidence that the devil’s still inside me.”

“What do you do while the men teach the children?” Booth asked.

“We go bring members to the light. We talk to men and get them to like us and then we get them to come back to the farm with us.”

“How many children are there?” Booth asked.

“Right now we have about fifteen.” Susie replied.

“What ages?” Booth said stiffly.

“Our youngest is six and our oldest is seventeen.”

Booth visibly recoiled. “Excuse me.” He said, standing and leaving the room.

“We’ll be right back okay, Susie.” Brennan said.

“You’ll come back?” Susie replied worriedly.

“I promise.” Brennan stated. “Just a few minutes.”

She left the room to see her partner pacing the halls.

“Booth…”

“He sexually assaulted all those children. Six years old…”

“I know.” She reached out and grabbed Booth’s hand, making him stop. “I know.” She repeated. “But this is good. She’s trusting us, telling us everything. I’m sure some of it isn’t going to be pretty, but we have to show her we can listen.”

Booth nodded. “I know.” He ran his hands over his eyes. “ We need her to confess to one of the murders. Let’s keep her talking for now about Ezekiel. The more we know about him, the better.”

“At least we know his name.” Brennan pointed out.

“Yeah, now we need to know where to find him.”

They turned and headed back into the interrogation room and came face to face with a tearful Susie.

“You can’t tell him.” She said adamantly. “Please, he’s not a bad person but his temper, the father he…”

“Susie.” Brennan said, placing a hand on her shoulder. “The father?”

“Ezekiel. He’s the father, the one that takes care of us…he…” she trailed off, shaking slightly.

“What did he make you do?” Booth asked.

“Nothing.” She said adamantly. “It was Howard’s fault. He didn’t want her to be a part of the joining.”

“Her?” he asked.

“His daughter. I don’t know her name, she’s Mary now. All the girls are Mary.”

“What happened to Howard?” Booth said gently.

Susie bit her lip.

“Ezekiel said he had to be punished. But that a whipping wasn’t good enough. He needed to be punished so hard because the Devil was permanently inside of him. He needed to be punished. I just did the right thing. I’m a good person.” She said, becoming agitated.

“We know you are.” Brennan said. “What happened?”

“Me and Miller, we took him to the park, like Zeel told us. Miller hit him a couple times and tried to get him to listen. Ezekiel is the father, he knows best. Why can’t people see that? Why can’t he have seen that?” Susie said hysterically.

“Miller he shot him with hooks and we tied him in a tree and he was screaming, screaming so loud but he wouldn’t confess that the devil was inside him. He just wouldn’t. So I reached into my pocket and pulled out the matchbook. I struck a match and put it at his pant leg. And then another and another until the flames spread up his pants. And more and more and more until he screamed and burned.”

“Oh god.” Brennan gasped.

“You don’t understand.” Susie said, rocking back and forth. “He was a bad person. I did this because he’s a bad person and I’m good. Ezekiel is good. And I will be punished hard when he finds out that I told you.”

“Then what happened?” Booth prodded.

“I got to do the joining.” Susie said. “With Ezekiel.”

“What about Howard’s children?”

“They’re still there at the farm.” Susie replied, calming a bit. “They understand.”

“Susie… “ Brennan started.

“No.” Susie replied forcefully. “I want you to let me go. I need to see him, to explain. He will still love me. He will hold me and kiss me and love me. He will.” She said insistently.

“Where is it? This place?” Booth asked.

“NO!” Susie yelled, standing up and smacking her hands on the table. “I love him. He loves me. I’m a good person. Howard was not. I killed him because the devil was there and I’ll do it again. I’ll do anything he tells me. I’m his. Let me go to him. Let me go to him NOW!”

Brennan felt a wash of panic go through her. She had helped Booth interrogate many suspects, but Susie seemed so unhinged that she could let loose at any moment.

“Okay.” Booth said calmly. “Let me go get the paperwork, okay?”

“You’ll let me go?” Susie said, her eyes shining with hope.

“We’ll be back, okay?”

Susie nodded.

They made their way to the door before Brennan turned back.

“Susie?” she asked. “Do you have a tattoo?”

“Bones…” Booth said under his breath.

Susie nodded, her mood rapidly shifting to one of joy. “I got it after being there for six months. See?” she lifted her pant leg to show the tattoo on her inner thigh.

“What’s it mean?” Brennan asked.

“It means he’s always watching.” Susie replied, smiling down at it.

Brennan nodded and backed away, leaving the room with Booth.

“Now what do we do?” she said, turning to Booth.

“We book Susie for Howard’s murder and get her some psychiatric help. Then we have another visit with your buddy Rankman. I think it’s time he helped us out.”

Brennan nodded.

She couldn’t help but feel they were in over their heads.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty BGWGscienceteacher wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:15 am

OOO, Bones with a gut feeling. Now that's a new development to say the least. This is getting really intense. Loved the chapter. Keep up the great work. PPS
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty miller0259 wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:16 am

hmmm...they couldn't bug her or whatever...follow her back to "Zeel"? Use her as bait? silly, ridiculously hot FBI man.....he isn't thinking straight. Especially considering he hasn't jumped Bones yet......

And what gives with that, by the way? Are they ever going to get together in this fic or will they just suffer through this horrific case all by their lonesome? come now, willi, all of this death and craziness will get the better of us soon if you don't do something!!!

I'm still hopelessly addicted to this story though!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty magicstar wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:16 am

this is becoming more and more intense...i love it! And i dont think unhinged is the right word....susie is pure crazy! I can totally believe how a cult could grip a person....A very believable fic, well done willi x x x
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:19 am

A/N: Here we go. Here’s the next chapter, sorry for the delay. Thank you to everyone for the reviews and for reading. I really appreciate it!

“So this is your lab?” Walter said, looking around in awe.

“Yes.” Brennan replied. “My office is this way.” She led them inside and sat in one of the chairs facing the couch.

“Very nice, Tempe.” Walter said, sitting down on the couch. “Now, I’m assuming I’m here about your case?”

Brennan nodded and proceeded to fill him in on what happened.

“Interesting.” Walter replied, after a pause. “I’m surprised she cracked so easily. Usually cult members are quite resolute.”

“Like Miller Wheats.” Brennan said.

“Exactly.”

“She’s psychologically damaged. I doubt we’ll get more out of her.”

“She’s regressing.” Rankman said. “When you leave a cult, a number of things happen. The ex-member becomes depressed; Susie probably believes she’s not special anymore. They make you believe that you are a part of a lucky group going to heaven, or space or getting some sort of reward. Add on the guilt of ‘betraying them’ coupled with the fear that she will be reprimanded in some horrible way, and you can see, she will have problems to come for a while.”

“How do we question her into giving us more information about Ezekiel?”

“Ahh, Ezekiel. The name means God strengthens. Ezekiel was a prophet, not just any prophet, a big one, in the Old Testament. He had these visions that told him how to restore the kingdom of Israel.”

“So it’s a religious thing?” Brennan asked.

“Yes and no. His name would suggest yes, however the goat eye tattoo is more of a Satanist symbol. And the manner in which these murders were committed suggest that he is more than a regular cult leader, he is killing for the sake of killing. You see, cult leaders believe that their actions are because of an outside force, such as God. Ezekiel seems to me like he built this cult up around him. Perhaps part of him believes in the religious aspect, but the other, baser part of him wants to kill because he likes the taste of it.”

“So he’s just your average serial killer then?” Booth said from the doorway.

Walter and Brennan looked up.

“Ahh, Agent Booth, good to see you again.” Walter said.

“You too.” Booth nodded. “Susie’s at the Psychiatric Institute for observation. When we need to question her, we can go there or they will bring her to interrogation. My question is this, how do we draw out Ezekiel?”

“You’re doing it already.” Walter noted. “You’re holding several of his people in custody. No matter how much fear he imbued them with, he will be thinking that one of them might reveal something. Even unintentionally. Because he doesn’t have them close to him, he cannot maintain control.”

“Well Patrick Shila’s being brought in, so we will leave Susie alone and see if we can get him to crack.”

“The more pieces of the puzzle you unravel, the more unhinged he will be.”

“He’ll keep killing?” Booth asked.

“Oh no doubt. It’s important to be as quick as you can. When a leader’s been threatened, they can turn to their cult members and ask them to do horrible things. Kill people, like Charles Manson did, or kill themselves.”

“Jonestown.” Booth said.

Walter nodded. “Over 900 people dead. But this Ezekiel is different. As you said, he’s a serial killer. It’s unlikely that he will kill himself in some sort of ritual, instead he will turn on the members.”

“So we’ve got to act fast.” Brennan said. “We can do that. Thanks Walter.”

“Anytime.” Walter replied. “But be careful, Tempe. Men like Ezekiel, they are severely disturbed. He will do anything and everything to maintain control.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Today’s sermon is about loyalty.” He said, raising his arms high. “There are those who say that what we believe is wrong but you know the truth, right?”

“Right.” Chorused the group of people sitting in front of him.

“Would you shed your blood and the blood of others for God?” he boomed.

“Yes I would.” They chorused.

“They are trying to divide us.” He said. “But they will never divide us. We are united.”

The group cheered, raising their hands in the air.

“I have seen the light. I was there. And I know that what we are doing will get us into the first level of heaven. And those, those who do not listen, do not obey, they will burn in hell. Hell is reserved for those who cannot be saved.”

The group, each sitting on their own mat, nodded solemnly as they absorbed his words.

“God is busy.” He said, clutching at his robe. “He does not have time to smite those who do evil. He asked me, asked us to do it for him. Will you go forth and get people to see the light?”

The crowd nodded.

“If they do not see the light, bring them here to face me. I want them all; women who have turned their eyes from the lord, children who possess the soul of Satan, I want them in front of me.” He said thunderously.

“Now go. Go and do my bidding for I am the servant of God.”

The group of people got up and began to disperse.

“Leave the children.” He said in a low tone.

Soon the barn cleared until only the children, about thirteen in total, varying in ages, stood before him.

“Have you all been good?”

The children nodded emphatically.

“Good.” He replied. “I need one of you to help me tonight. Be a part of the joining” He surveyed the children, his eyes landing on a twelve year old girl. “Mary, why don’t you…”

“I’ll do it.” Another girl interrupted.

He surveyed her. Oh yes, he had her several times. She was fourteen, once the child of that Howard idiot but now, now she was his.

“Well aren’t you eager?” he said, smiling. “Come on. And run along children.”

The children left and he grabbed her hand, pulling her into the darkness.

References

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty BGWGscienceteacher wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:19 am

This story is really getting creepy, but I keep reading and reading. I'm almost afraid to find out what he is planning to do with the 14 year old. Definitely keep going. PPS
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty A2BOREANAZ wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:20 am

omg willi.......this is freaking fantastic........lovin all the cult stuff......and all these crazy freakin people........i want to be in the cult..........undercover of course........not for real.......i want more more more..........i think rankman has something to do with it............i want to know if i am right.........muahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:24 am

A/N: Phew! I’m so sorry for the delay, I got caught up in other things. I’m hoping the next chapters will come a bit more quick. I’m actually away for a few days starting tomorrow, but I’m hoping that gives me lots of time to write and I can come back and post tons! Thanks to everyone for the reviews! Oh, and there’s probably about 11-12 chapters left, just to let everyone know!

As soon as Booth entered the lab, he knew something was wrong. His fears were confirmed when he got to the platform and found Brennan and Cam squaring off against each other.

“There’s more here, I know there is.”

“We’ve catalogued everything, Dr. Brennan.” Cam noted. “And made casts of the remains.”

“It doesn’t matter, this is an active case.”

“What’s going on here?” he interjected.

“Cam wants to release the bodies.” Brennan said sourly.

He nodded. “Cullen is on my ass to release them as well. Have we got all the evidence we can off them?”

“No.” Brennan said.

“Yes.” Cam said at the exact same time.

“What do you think’s missing, Bones?”

“I don’t know.” She replied feebly. “Just something.”

“Release the bodies.” He said to Cam.

“But Booth…” Brennan protested.

“C’mon Bones, we’ve got to go interrogate Shila.”

“Fine.” She replied, stalking off the platform and following him out to the car.

Two minutes into the drive, she still hadn’t spoken to him.

“C’mon Bones are you really mad at me?” he cajoled. “I’m just doing my job.”

“Yea, by not letting me do mine.” She muttered.

He understood then why she was upset. He was taking away her aspect of this case, what she was good at.

“Look Bones, just because there’s no evidence left, doesn’t mean that we can’t still solve this case. Together.”

She turned and gave a weak smile.

“Maybe we can get Shila to crack.”

“Let’s hope so.” She replied.

He pulled into the parking lot and they got out of the car, making their way into the building.

“He’s probably going to deny everything.” Brennan noted as they got into the elevator.

“Probably.” Booth agreed. “But maybe he’ll give us a piece of the puzzle.”

They made their way to the interrogation room, opening the door and entering inside.

“Patrick.” Booth said, a fake smile on his face. “Good to see you.”

Patrick grunted in reply.

Booth sat down in the chair opposite him, Brennan following suit.

“Let’s talk.”

Patrick folded his arms across his chest and leaned back in his chair, not saying a word.

“Why did you attack us?”

Patrick remained silent.

“C’mon Patrick, this works easier if you talk to us.”

Patrick stared straight ahead, barely moving.

Booth moved until his face was an inch from Patrick’s. “Listen Shila, it’s in your best interest to talk to us, do you understand?”

There was no nod of the head or a word that escaped from Patrick’s lips.

Booth and Brennan glanced at each other quickly, concern etched on both their faces.

“Patrick.” Brennan said quietly. “You’re protecting him but you shouldn’t. He knows you’re in here. What will happen when you go back?”

They continued for several more minutes trying to elicit some word from the man, but he stubbornly refused. They made their way out of the interrogation room.

“What now?” Brennan asked.

“Susie.” Booth replied.

“Do you think she can handle it?”

“Let’s hope so.” Booth said, running his hand over his face. “These people are driving me crazy.”

Brennan nodded. “This case is….” She trailed off, unsure of what to say.

“Whatever it is, I’m taking vacation after.” Booth grumbled.

“Alright, give me five minutes to get someone to put Shila away and we can go to the Institute.”

She nodded and watched him go off.

“Excuse me?” she turned and came face to face with a man, another agent she presumed.

“Yes?”

“You’re Agent Booth’s partner right? Dr. Brennan?”

She nodded.

“I’m Agent Wilders. I’m helping out on the case.”

“You were the one who brought in Imelda right?” she asked.

“Right. Is Booth around?”

“He’ll be right back.”

“Oh right.” Wilders said. “Well, I guess I can fill you in. We’ve started pulling up information about all the victims, trying to make a link, however we don’t have much so far. Did you interview the friends and family?”

“We interviewed Mrs. Walkerton as well as Tawny’s parents. We haven’t interviewed anyone associated with the MacNaw’s yet, although we informed the family of their deaths.”

Wilders nodded. “Well hopefully we can find something that links them all together.”

“Yes, we appear to be running out of forensic evidence.” Brennan noted.

“And the suspects aren’t talking?”

“Literally.” Brennan said. Seeing Wilders confused look, she elaborated. “We just tried to interrogate Patrick Shila. He didn’t say one word.”

“Wilders, what’s up?” Booth said, coming up to them.

“I was just telling Dr. Brennan here that we haven’t found much on the search yet, but we are still digging.”

“Thanks.” Booth replied. “We are on our way to question Susie again, so hopefully that will give us something.”

“Good luck man.” Wilders said. “Nice to meet you Dr. Brennan.”

“Nice to meet you too.” Brennan replied, heading out with Booth.

Fifteen minutes later, they were at the Institute, waiting for Susie to be brought in. When they did, both Booth and Brennan were surprised at her appearance.

Her cheeks were sunken in and she was hunched over. She looked exhausted.

“Susie?” Booth said gently, gesturing to the chair.

Susie sat down and looked at them.

“Susie, we need to talk to you again about Ezekiel.” Booth said.

“No, please don’t.” she replied, fear penetrating her voice. “He’ll come for me. I didn’t mean to tell.”

“We know you didn’t Susie.” Brennan said. “We know he hurt you, and we want to make sure he doesn’t hurt anyone else.”

“He didn’t hurt me.” Susie protested. “I love him, he would never hurt me. The children were just being bad.”

Booth looked at the distraught woman and decided to take a different tack.

“Susie, when you lived with Ezekiel, where was it?”

She reached up and scratched her head. “What?”

“Where did you live?” Booth repeated.

“Oh, it was pretty. There were nice trees and a lovely house. And the meeting room is so big. It was nice to be outside.”

“What else?” Brennan asked. “I’d like to go there some time.”

“You would like it.” Susie said, nodding emphatically as she tapped her fingers on the edge of the chair. “It’s so pretty and special. Like me, you know?”

Booth nodded.

“If we wanted to visit, how would we get there?”

Susie suddenly stopped all movements.

“I can’t tell you. It’s a secret. Only the special people know.”

“Can we become special?” Brennan asked.

Susie jerked her head slightly. “I suppose.”

“What would we have to do?” Booth questioned.

“You would have to see Zeel.” Susie replied. “He would be able to help.”

“Okay, that sounds like a good idea.” Brennan said, playing along. “How do we get there?”

“I’m special.” Susie said defensively.

Booth and Brennan shared a confused look and pressed on.

“We know.” Booth said. “We want to be too, but where do we go?”

“They didn’t….I hadn’t passed the levels yet. I accidentally said something and he punished me. That’s why I can’t see.”

“Can’t see?” Brennan asked.

“They blindfold me when I get taken up there and it feels like hours and hours sometimes and other times it’s very quick. They stick a needle in my arm that makes my mouth taste like metal.”

“So you don’t see where you are?” Booth said.

“Well…” Susie said, biting her lip. “We’re in Kentucky, I know that. That makes me special right?”

“Yes it does.” Brennan said, reaching over and patting her hand.

“I don’t want to talk anymore.” Susie said, standing up.

“Okay.” Booth said. “We don’t have to talk anymore. We’ll come visit later. Okay?”

Susie nodded.

After the nurse came in and led Susie away, Booth and Brennan headed to the car.

“Well at least we know it’s Kentucky.” Booth commented.

Brennan’s stomach growled loudly in response.

“Hungry, Bones?” Booth said, chuckling. “C’mon, let’s go to the diner.”

They strode off to the car, content to take a short break from the case
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty CheeseBK wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:25 am

awesome update, will!!!! I love this story!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:25 am

wow this is probably the creepiest fic i have read. Thanx for the update willi x x
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:28 am

A/N: Sorry for the delay, here’s the next chapter! After this, there’s only 10 chapters to go! And in a few chapters we will meet the mythical Zeel! I hope you like! Also, promo time! I’ve started a little venture called Red Ink Books. The link is in my sig. If you like smut, you’ll love this! Now, on with the show!

Now that they were eating, everything seemed a bit better. Booth noted how exhausted Brennan looked and decided he was going to do something nice for her when this case was over. He didn’t know what, but he was sure he would think of something.

“So..” she said, taking a forkful of her salad. “Kentucky.”

Booth nodded. “It can’t be too far from where Susie lived, so that narrows it down a bit.”

“We are probably looking for a farm.” Brennan noted.

“How do you get that?”

“The American Smoketree.” She replied. “Remember it was found on one of the MacNaw children? It’s most likely from a barn since Smoketree doesn’t grow in Kentucky.”

“Nice.” He said. “That narrows it down a little bit, although not much.”

“And with Miller and Patrick not talking…”

“Well, the Kentucky field agents got a warrant to search Patrick’s place. I told them to go through it with a fine-tooth comb. Forensics, digging, the whole nine yards.”

“Maybe they’ll find something.” She commented.

“Let’s hope so.” He took a bite of his burger.

“Do you have Parker this weekend?” she asked.

He nodded and swallowed. “Yes, we are going to the zoo on Saturday. Wanna come?”

“No, that’s okay.” She replied. “You two need time together by yourselves. Besides my editor has been bothering me for my latest chapters and I haven’t even started.”

“How do you have the time to do all this stuff?” he asked.

“I like writing.” She replied defensively. “It’s very cathartic.”

“I guess those ‘special scenes’ must really be relaxing.” He said, waggling his eyebrows.

“ What special….oh you mean the sex scenes? Well, in fact…”

“No, Bones I don’t want to hear about it.” He said, holding up his hand.

“Then why did you bring it up?” she replied, looking perplexed.

“I just…never mind.”

They ate in silence for a few minutes.

“I’m glad you have time with Parker.” She said softly.

“Thanks, Bones.” He grinned.

They finished their meals and made their way to the lab. Despite the late hour, everyone was still there. Booth filled them in on what they learned.

“That definitely makes sense.” Hodgins said. “That would explain the Smoketree on the children.”

“Is there any way to narrow it down?” Booth asked.

Hodgins shook his head. “There are a lot of barns in Kentucky.”

Booth’s shrill cellphone cut through the air and he walked away to answer it.

“Is this over yet?” Angela asked wearily. “I just feel like we aren’t getting anywhere.”

“We will.” Brennan said assuredly.

“But you aren’t getting anything from the suspects?” Cam asked.

Brennan shook her head. “Susie is incapacitated. She’s completely hysterical, we couldn’t get much out of her. Both Miller Wheats and Patrick Shila are unshakeable. We’ve questioned them both several times, they won’t give up anything. Patrick Shila refused to say a word.”

Booth bounded back up the lab steps. “We’ve got a lead.”

“What?” she asked.

“Wilders just called. You know how he was searching through all of the victims’ background, trying to come up with a link?”

Brennan nodded.

“Apparently, Charlie had money problems. He had a business, installing pools. It seemed he made a few bad financial decisions. He was almost bankrupt.”

“That couldn’t have been good for the family.” Cam noted. “Did he receive any money from the military?”

“You don’t get a lot.” Booth said. “There’s a severe pay gap. A lot of guys come back wounded, unable to work and can’t support their families.. It really depends on how long you’ve been in the army.”

“How much do you get?” Brennan asked.

“I waived mine.” Booth replied. At her questioning look, he elaborated. “I make enough at the FBI to get by. There’re guys who need it more then me.”

“So he was in debt.” Hodgins said.

“Yeah, and he went to a loan service for help.”

“Not a bank?” Brennan asked.

“A bank wouldn’t give a guy like him a loan. There’re lots of these shady finance places that charge ridiculous fees but give you whatever amount you want. Charlie went to this Powell Loans, and got a $25,000 loan for his business.”

“They just gave hi $25,000?” Cam asked.

Booth nodded. “Wilders looked up the loan company owner to give him a call. It’s registered to one Reginald Powell. Unfortunately, there’s a problem.”

“What?” Brennan asked.

“Reginald Powell is dead.”

References

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:29 am

Seems that no matter what clue they get it comes to a 'dead' end. Can't wait for more, espcially to see how you finally draw all of this together.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:31 am

A/N: Here we go! They are finally getting somewhere...

“How long?” Booth asked.

“Be patient.” Brennan chided. “I’m sure Angela’s working as fast as she can.”

“I know.” He sighed. “It’s just …we’re close now, I can tell.”

“Your gut?” she questioned.

“Of course.” He replied staunchly.

She shook her head. “I hope you’re right.”

“Guys.” They looked up and saw Hodgins in the doorframe.”Angela’s got something.”

Booth sprang off the couch and they headed to Angela’s office, Cam and Zach following behind.

“So?” Booth asked.

“Reginald Powell died twenty-two years ago.” Angela replied. “It was horrible. This man, Orton Sikes escaped from a nearby psych hospital and came across Reginald and killed him. He was stabbed eleven times, then shot twice in the head.”

“Twice?” Cam asked.

“Two rounds in succession.” Booth commented.

Angela nodded. “Orton Sikes had schizophrenia. Apparently he thought Reginald Powell was some sort of threat. He was sent back to jail…”

“Not the pysch place?” Booth asked.

“No. They put him in jail. Three months later, he hung himself in his cell.”

“So who’s giving out the loans?” Cam asked.

“Reginald Powell was survived by one son, Aiden. He appears to have dropped off the map.”

“Aiden’s Zeel.” Booth said. “He’s got to be.”

Brennan nodded in agreement.

“Run his name through a list of convicted offenders. I’m going to see what I can dig up. Catch you guys later.”

He ran out the door before anyone could speak. Heading to his SUV, he flipped open his cell phone and punched in some numbers.

“Rick, it’s Booth. I’ve got a name I want you to look up. Aiden Powell. I need to know everything about him. Yeah, he might be our guy. Okay, bye.”

His hands gripped the steering wheel as he pulled out of the parking lot. It was him, he knew it. He could taste it. They were closing in on him. He felt some of the weight lift off his shoulders. The end was in sight.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Brennan was sitting on her couch, feet up on the coffee table, reading an article from her newest anthropology journal that she received in the mail. She was in her pajamas, despite the fact that it only nine o’clock. She found herself with an evening all her own, something that hadn’t happened for a while. Especially not in the middle of a case.

But Booth was off finding out about Aiden and there wasn’t much left for everyone else to do. Cam ordered everyone to go home and she had no choice but to comply. She ended up writing four chapters of her book before sitting down and reading.

She reached for the glass of wine on her table, her eyes never straying from the page. However a knock at the door made her look up and she set the journal and her glass down on the table, getting up and moving towards the door.

It was Booth, she knew. Nobody else ever visited her at night. She opened the door and came face to face with a grinning Booth, who was holding up a box.

“Wong Foo’s?” he asked. “And a file on our suspect?”

She smiled and opened the door.

“How did you know I was hungry?” she asked.

“You’re always hungry.” He retorted, moving into the kitchen. She could hear him getting plates down and she smiled.

“Wine?” she asked, coming into the kitchen.

He nodded and she poured him a glass, carrying it out to the couch. Despite the fact that she had a perfectly good kitchen table, they ate here more often than not, especially during a case. He followed with the food and soon they were dining onSid’s specialities.

“So?” she said, in between a mouthful of noodles.

He put his plate down.

“Aiden is definitely our guy. Three and a half years ago he was sent to prison for attempted rape and when he got out, he disappeared. Nobody put out a missing persons so he just slipped under the radar.”

“What about his parole officer?”

“He checked in once then disappeared and violated his parole. They haven’t found him since.Also, it turns out that Aiden was a witness to his dad’s death. He was eleven at the time and he saw the whole thing.”

“That would definitely leave some psychological scarring.” Brennan noted.

“I thought you didn’t believe in psychology.” He teased.

“This is different. Clearly he’s suffering from some sort of post-traumatic stress disorder or…’

“He’s crazy?” Booth interjected, grabbing a spring roll from his plate.

Brennan shrugged her shoulders. “That is a possibility.”

“Anyway, I’ve got Wilders looking up any properties that Reginald or Aiden might have, but so far there’s nothing.”

“Is there a police photo?” Brennan asked.

“From when he was jailed? Yes.”

“We should give it to Angela and see if she can update it and then take it to Susie, Miller and Patrick.”

“And get their reaction. Nice one, Bones.”

“Thanks.” She replied.

“Well, it’s been fun, but I should get going”

“Thanks for the food, Booth.” She smiled.

“No problem, you’ve got to eat right?”

“I’m perfectly capable of feeding myself.” She grumbled slightly.

“Then why don’t you?” he replied, nudging her shoulder.

She didn’t reply; just shot him a dirty look that melted into a smile.

“Well,” he said, getting up off the couch and heading for the door. “See you tomorrow.”

“I’ll get Angela to work on the picture right away.”

“Sounds good.” He said, opening the door. “Bye, Bones.”

“Bye, Booth.”

She shut the door behind her and surveyed the mess on her table. She was always on cleanup duty when Booth came over.

But she wouldn’t have it any other way.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:31 am

Great job as always Willi. This has been a really interesting fic with all of the detail and research that you have put into it. PPS
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:32 am

awwww they had wong foo's on her couch...pitty she didn't eat him on the couch..lol, sorry my brain is in smut overdrive. Loving this story still willi, as always the convo's between B and B were perfect x x
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty A2BOREANAZ wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:32 am

okay....finally caught up with my fave fic..........holy shit willi.......this is fucking fantastic.......i know i keep saying this........but cant stop........hart hanson is going to get a copy of this.........i swear........if a2b has to deliver it herself....and how could he not love it......you capture b and b perfectly......the case......omg the case is fantabulous.....with so many freaky people doing so many freaky ass things.....sooo fucking good......and now we are actually getting a break in the case.......love it.......seriously i have run out of words to say about this........when i read each chapter......its like watching it on the tele.........brilliant.......so now that i am caught up...ummmmmmmmm can you please post another chapter......i am sad that its going to be over..........but excited.....cause i know there has to be more creepy people involved........and must admit.....that is my favorite thing........glugg glugg whooo hooooo.................MORE MORE MORE MORE...........also have to agree with magic.......he could have eaten brennan on the couch......but all is still good........lol
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:34 am

A/N: Here's the next chapter! We are creeping towards the end. I hope you like! And thanks for the reviews!

The sunlight streamed in, illuminating the room with its warm rays. Illuminating it a little too much for the occupant of the bed in the middle of the room. He cracked one eye open and rolled over, pulling the covers over his head and shutting the light out.

It didn’t work.

Booth groaned and rolled back over. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he glanced at the clock. 7 am. He had no doubt his intrepid partner was already up, probably already at the lab. But he just wanted to roll over and fall back asleep.

He never felt such a strong desire to stay home from work before. He loved his job, the challenges and problems that came along with it. Although there had been a time when he didn’t want to admit it, he enjoyed his work with Bones and the squints. They were smart and fiercely loyal. And dedicated. To the point of exhaustion. In the three years since they had been working together, he had never seen anyone else work harder.

Especially Bones.

She had this intense focus that he admired. He was focused too, of course, but not like her. She could stare at a skeleton for hours, working her way through it meticulously.

This wasn’t the reason why he didn’t want to go to work. It wasn’t the gigantic stack of paperwork either.

It was Ezekiel.

This case had been going on for so long; he could hardly remember what happened in the weeks before it. And now, now they were so close he could taste it. They were coming to the end.

Or so he hoped. He prayed to God it wouldn’t take months to locate Zeel, he must have slipped up somewhere.

For the first time, he was feeling the weight of the case on him. He was tired of chasing after this guy, tired of having to cancel with Parker so he could interrogate suspects, just generally tired.

And a little afraid.

He would only admit that to himself in the comfort of his own bed. This was one of the most difficult cases he had worked on. Not only that, the pure violence of the crimes had become rooted in his soul. He could recollect Tawny’s body in an instant, Howard and the others too.

He knew exactly what happened to them, every cold, bare fact had been reiterated until it was planted in his brain. He only hoped when this was over he could forget it.

He was unsure what it was going to be like. Facing Ezekiel. The man had violently killed these people without remorse. He was like Howard Epps but amplified, ten times worse. The comparisons with Epps made his heart pound.

He remembered last time. What happened to Cam, what could have happened to Parker and Bones. He didn’t like that feeling. Like his control was seeping through his fingers like sand.

That wouldn’t happen this time.

This time he wouldn’t lose control.

He sat up and swung his legs over the edge of the bed, his feet hitting the cold hardwood floor. Running his hands through his hair, he decided to take a shower and head over to the lab. Maybe Angela had the updated face.

He had to stop worrying about this. They were going to get this guy.

They always did.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was dark, black curtains draped across the windows, so light could not come in. And yet, he was awake. Staring at the ceiling, his mind never stopping, always thinking of each scenario as it came to him. Trying to come up with a plan for his people.

They were his people. They followed him, did what he asked, kissed his feet, bowed before him, offered sacrifices.

He was God. And he liked it.

And yet, he had never felt himself faltering in his mission before today. He loved his life, loved killing those who he deemed not worthy, surrounding himself with those who were. They had setbacks lately but that wasn’t the reason he didn’t want to get out of bed. It wasn’t the line of new recruits that he had to see either.

It was the FBI agent.

He didn’t know much about him, but what he did know was his desire to pull his still-beating heart from his body and watch him collapse to the ground in his own pool of blood.

He had taken Imelda, Miller, Susie and now Patrick. He’d stolen them. His people. He wanted them back. And hewas formulating a plan, one he hoped wouldn’t take weeks. He wanted them by his side at the end of the week at the latest. He wanted Susie to gaze at him with her adoring eyes and Miller and Patrick to carry out his wishes.

For the first time he felt a weight upon him that he couldn’t shake. He was tired of this FBI agent and his poking around. He wanted to be alone with his people. He was tired.

And a little afraid.

He would only admit that in the comfort of his own bed, never in front of his people. He had never met him and yet he instinctively felt as if this agent was smart. Like he could be the one to stop him. And that he couldn’t allow. It was just unacceptable.

He remembered last time. What happened to his father. When he saw him being killed in front of his eyes. He didn’t like that feeling. Like his control was seeping through his fingers like sand.

That wouldn’t happen this time.

This time he wouldn’t lose control.

He sat up and swung his legs over the edge of the bed, his feet hitting the cement floor. Running his hands through his hair, he decided to head to the common room and watch everyone participate in the daily prayer circle.

He had to stop worrying about this. He was going to kill this man.

He always did.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty miller0259 wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:35 am

oh my...creepy mirroring! Well done, but gives me the shivers!!! :S
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty Ehbee wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:35 am

hey willi - i did not want to disturb your slumber so i'm writing a review! shocking!

this is a GREAT chapter! excellent form... the two 'alpha-males' sizing each other up. it was as if they were circling before a big fight... i can't wait until the interrogation, because they're both going to get to each other and its going to be intense!

completely sets the mood for the end of the story, great build up of suspense for the final chapters.

woo!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty CheeseBK wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:36 am

awesome update, will
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:36 am

okay....i left my review at ff......and i am not like bella....cant leave two reviews that say something totally different......cause both mine would say the same thing.........genius i tell you....absolutely genius..........cant wait for the showdown.....'this town aint big enough for seeley and zeke'....
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 am

RollOnFriday wrote:He didn’t know much about him, but what he did know was his desire to pull his still-beating heart from his body and watch him collapse to the ground in his own pool of blood.

where do you get this shit willi...you are creeping me out woman and i am thinking you have a very dark side lol...

if that wierdo creep touches one hair on our boothy boo's head i will cry, well not literally, cos i dont do that but you know what i mean. I am worried for booth, holy crap hurry up and update already.....
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:40 am

A/N: Here we go! Next chap! Thanks to everyone for the reviews.

“Got your face, Booth.” Angela said, as soon as he walked in the lab.

He clapped his hands together. “Good job Angela.”

“That’s why I’m here.” She replied, smiling.

He followed her into her office and found himself unable to stop smiling himself. They were going to get this guy and he was going to take Bones out for pie at the diner and it would be just another day. But then, he was definitely taking vacation.

As he walked in, she handed him a clipboard with a drawing.

“This is him?” he asked, disbelievingly. The sketch Angela had done showed a man with a baby face, clean cut hair and almost a twinkle in his eye. “He doesn’t look…”

“Killerish?” Angela interjected. “I know. But that’s him.”

“Thanks Angela, I’m going to run this through a couple of databases, see what we come up with. Where’s Bones?”

“In her office. But she’s in a phone meeting.”

“With who?’

“Her editor.” Angela replied. “Apparently the new book’s going to be out soon.”

“Already?” he asked. “That was quick.”

“I know.” Angela nodded. “She’s a speed demon.”

He gave a slight nod and headed towards Brennan’s office. Editor or not, they had work to do. Rapping his knuckles on the door twice, he waited. Brennan opened it and he held up the picture.

“That’s him?” she asked.

He nodded. “Yep. Let’s go get it confirmed by Miller and Patrick. “

She bustled around, picking up papers and putting them into piles. “Elaine, I’m sorry, I’m going to have to cut this short.” She spoke into the phone.

“That’s okay, Tempe. We can talk another time. Anyway, great job on those chapters.”

“Thanks. I will send you an email with the revised ending this week.”

“Perfect. Bye.”

Brennan grabbed her coat and followed him out the doors.

“New book?” he asked.

She nodded. “I just have to finish up the end.”

“How do you possibly have time?” he asked, as they got into the car.

“Time management is a skill. You need to be able to prioritize your work effectively. Then it’s easy. You should try it.”

“My time management skills are fine.”

“Then why do you always have a big pile of paperwork to do at the end of the month?” she queried.

She had him there. He hated paperwork and always put it off.

“Let’s not talk about this. I’d rather talk about how we are going to find the man behind the face.”

“Well, hopefully either Miller or Patrick will confess to knowing who that is.”

“So far they’ve both been close-mouthed. We could visit Susie again but I’d rather not have to. She’s already pretty damaged.”

He pulled into the jail’s parking lot and found a spot near the entrance.

“Here we go.” He said, turning off the car and getting out. They headed towards the prison, hoping the check in system wouldn’t take that long.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Forty-five minutes later, they were waiting for Patrick to be brought into the room. They had already met with Miller, who didn’t appeared to recognize the sketch at all. Booth felt a sinking feeling in his stomach, but pushed it away.

“Patrick.” He said, as the prisoner entered the room.

Patrick said nothing.

“That’s okay, don’t respond. I don’t need you to say a thing.” Booth said. “Just look.”

Brennan held up the photo of Ezekiel.

And Patrick flinched.

Booth saw it. It was a slight twitch of the face, but it was there. It seemed like they were on the right track after all.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

She looked at the words she had just typed and shook her head. This wasn’t good at all. Sighing, she leaned back in the chair. She was five chapters away from the end and things just weren’t working, despite the fact that she had an outline. She just couldn’t convey what she wanted to.

“Bones.”

She looked up wearily and saw her partner in the doorway.

“The Kentucky agents called.” Booth said, depositing himself on the couch. “And they found stuff.”

“Stuff?”

“They searched Patrick’s backyard and came across an outdoor cellar. They opened it up, went in and not only found the bloody axe, but about seven bodies as well. So far.”

“Are they being careful extracting them? Maybe we should go down there so I can do an examination.”

“Actually, I was thinking we could send Zach.” He replied. “We are close to solving this and I may need you here.”

“Zach does need some more field experience.”

“There you go. Send the baby squint out into the world.”

She rolled her eyes at him. “So even if we don’t have Ezekiel yet, we’ve got Patrick.”

“I’m getting them to bring him back in for interrogation tomorrow. We tell him what we found and he cracks and tells us who Zeel is.”

“Do you think he will?”

He nodded. “Once we tell him that he might get the death penalty, he’ll crack.” He said confidently.

“We’re close.” She noted.

“Yep. So close I can taste the celebratory pie when we wrap up the case.”

“I don’t like pie.”

“I know, we’ve had this discussion before, remember? I don’t even understand how you can’t like apple pie. I mean, c’mon Bones, apple pie. It’s the best.”

“I prefer chocolate.”

“Ooh, chocolate pie. Also good.”

“No I mean, just chocolate. No pie.”

“You’re strange. Everyone likes pie.”

She shook her head and turned back to her computer.

“So I’ll pick you up here tomorrow at nine.”

“Sounds good.” She replied, not tearing her eyes from the screen.

“Later, Bones.” He said, getting up and heading to the door.

“Bye, Andy.” She murmured.

He grinned widely. He doubted she meant to say it, which made him smile even more.

“So I am Andy Lister.” He said, chuckling as he headed out of the lab.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 8 Empty Re: A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next