Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl

3 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty ashangel45-boothsbaby07 wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:14 am

Wow...I cannot say how amazing this is!!!! the details and all the research you put into it is awesome!!! wonderful chappie...and I cannot wait to see if this lead gets them somewhere. Love it willi!!!!!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2130
Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty BGWGscienceteacher wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:14 am

I love all the research you have put into this. I wish some of my students would put in half this much effort into their research papers. Oh well, it's their grade. Anyway, Great job! PPS
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty he is a wee little puppet man wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 am

willi!!!!!!!!!!!

i am sooo glad you updated!!!!

love this fic, intense, compelling, realistic!!

and i agree with a2b: catholicism is a cult!!!

love that!!!!

I am *coughnotsocough* patiently waiting for the next installment!

bravo willi!!!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty fanofbones wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 am

brilliant will....loved the chapter...especially the discussion of cults/churches...so Bren...
and somehow feeling this slip with the signature is not going to be that easy....
mwhahahahahahahahahahahahah....

hugs woman
fab
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty miller0259 wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:16 am

oh wow! I almost forgot about this story!! I'm glad to see you continue it!!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty AnaG wrote

>>“Ready to go on an adventure?” the man asked.

“Ummm…no....<<

Ah, wills...the irony of that statement...this whole story is an adventure...granted, one with an off the charts creepy killer that does horrible things...but an adventure, esp for the reader...i feel the pieces...the clues...starting to pull together...that latin quote for fantastic by the way...just a dead on kind of eerieness given the nature of the case...and i'm with the others...the characterization is spot-on, i can so hear them in my head...i could very much see this as an epi...or a Bones novelization...this is miles beyond what Max Allen (i think that was the name the authors used)pulled together!

i am very much looking forward to the next chapter...and the next...and the next....keep 'em coming, Wills....puh-leeze!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home &#9829;

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty he is a wee little puppet man wrote

bump!!!

i so love this fic!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home &#9829;

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty A2BOREANAZ wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 am

oh where oh where could my post be
oh where oh where could it be
with its eyeballs and gook
and creepy stuff too
oh where oh where could it be

oh thats right.......it was supposed to be here a couple of days ago.......but lets think.......hmmmmmmmmmm yeah...willis hand hurt..and then we were talking on the phone....and yeah...talking on the phone some more........i think instead of writing the chaps willi........just tell me over the phone........
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 am

lol
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty jerseybones wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:18 am

c'mon will, i'm feeling too goody goody and need some charismatic evil to balance me out.

any chance for a new chapter?
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty jerseybones wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:18 am

ok maybe that was a cheesy line but the intent is still there.

bump! to prompt a chapter. thanks will.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty willgirl wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:19 am

Lol! It's coming I swear! Tommorrow?
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty A2BOREANAZ wrote

thats what you said yesterday and the day before........what the hell is going on?????????? i think i have waited long enough.....now come on........its been like 4 days.......you keep saying tomorrow...........well i think its safe to say that its tomorrow.............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

i didnt want to resort to this willi....but you left me no choice in the matter.........

*a2b puts on protective body gear....straps on breathing mask...and heads out into shed......removing tarp from large vat(which seems to be leaking or oozing some kind of liquid)....she drags said vat to toronto*..........*standing in street...looking up to 23rd floor*.......'willi'.......'this has your name all over it if something doesnt show up soon'......'and i got more where that came from'
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:20 am

creative threats? only the aby and a2b can produce THAT! hee hee

thanks to will for letting us have the light at the end of our tunnel of waiting
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty willgirl wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:20 am

Here we go! Sorry for the excruiatingly long wait! Geez! I'd promise to be shorter next time, but I said that last time! A few people to thank: Luke, who helped me with computer stuff. He'll never read this story but I'm giving him a shout out anyway. Primarily to make Ehbee chuckle. Thanks to Flyers who helped me figure out a map of the U.S.

And thanks to my beta Ana. Every comment she gives, makes this story better. So here we go!

“Alright, tell me you guys have more than I do.” Booth said, swiping his card and making his way up to the platform.

“Possibly.” Cam said.

“What’s going on?” Brennan said, coming out of her office with Angela.

“Guys in cyber crime pulled the website apart. They traced the IP address to a domain website that hands them out like candy. Right now they are tracking down the domain owner. From there, they start searching each record for the person’s credit card information. Then we can trace it to the killer. I’ve got a couple of guys tracing the credit card receipt from the hiking store as well. What about you guys?”

“Hodgins found a splinter on one of the bodies.” Cam said.

“Which one?” Booth asked.

“One of the children.” Hodgins replied, coming towards them. “It was miniscule but it was there. Lucky for us, it was a rare tree. Cotinus obovatus.”

“Which means?” Booth asked.

“American Smoketree.” Hodgins replied. “Very rare. Only found in a handful of states. I know it’s not much, but it narrows it down.”

“What states?”

“Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee and Alabama.”

“Can we narrow it down more?” Booth asked.

“I can. But it’s going to take me a while.” Hodgins said.

“Work that angle.” Booth stated. “What else?”

“I’ve explored the chat room website myself and I can’t find much.” Angela commented. “I started going through some of the cult files as well. But I don’t know what I’m looking for.”

“What about the tattoo?” Brennan asked.

“It’s actually kind of common.” Angela noted. “The eye symbol has been used throughout history. First, there was the eye of Horus, otherwise known as the eye of Ra. It was known as the all-seeing eye and was a symbol of protection and royal power.”

“So this cult is using an eye from Egypt?”

“Not just from Egypt, Booth.” Brennan pointed out. “Eye symbology is everywhere.”

“Even on the dollar bill man.” Hodgins piped up.

“Then of course, there’s the evil eye. People believe that if someone gives them the evil eye, they will be cursed.” Angela noted. “I think, personally, it’s a little overdone. This cult doesn’t have a lot of originality.”

“Okay. Scan it and email it to me and I will give it to the guys at headquarters. See if we can cross-reference it with any cases in the past. What about the bodies?” Booth asked.

“There’s not much.” Cam admitted. “Despite the violence of the crimes, the killer was meticulous. There’s not a shred of DNA on the body. Or any other type of evidence. ”

“That’s unusual.” Brennan commented. “We always find something.”

“This guy knows what he’s doing.” Booth said. “He’s done this before, maybe in a professional setting. What time did you say that cult guy was getting here?”

“Within a couple of hours.” She replied.

“Okay. Let’s go over the bodies and what we know. Victim #1. Tawny Michaels. She was walking home from school and was snatched. Nobody saw anything. Found in a D.C. garbage dump. She was sexually assaulted.”

“Post-mortem.” Brennan interrupted.

“Like I could forget that part.” Booth muttered. “The background check on the parents came back clean and they both had alibis. No suspects. Victim #2. Howard Walkerton. Found burnt to death at Breaks Interstate Park. Unlike Tawny, his body wasn’t moved much. He was killed at the scene of the crime. He was however strung up with grappling hooks. He’s got two missing kids; we haven’t heard anything about them.”

“Victim #3.” Brennan continued. “Ryan Payne. Shot in the head and had his eyeballs removed by Imelda.”

“Who has this crazy tattoo of a goat eye which is very cult-like.” Booth said. “Victim #4.” He paused, trying to form the words that were so difficult for him to conceive of. “Victims #4,5,6 and 7. Charlie Macnaw, his wife and two kids. Cut up and deposited on the FBI doorsteps.”

“We are still trying to figure out what killed them.” Cam noted. “We should get the test results in an hour.”

“What do they have in common? They have to have something in common.” Booth said.

“Not necessarily.” Brennan pointed out. “Cults recruit from all different types of people in order to have well-rounded group.”

“Good point.” Cam noted.

“Dr. Brennan?” Zach asked, swivelling around in his seat by the computer. “Could I get your help?”

“What is it?”

“Tawny Michaels. I was looking at her body again and I think I found something. A bone dimple.”

Brennan walked over to the screen, where Zach was displaying a portion of the skull.

“Magnify.”

She tilted her head slightly as she looked at the enlarged image. “It’s too even to be a bone dimple.”

Zach nodded. “I concur.”

“Match this with whatever weapons you can think of. Booth and I are going to meet with Dr. Rankman. Hopefully he’ll have some more information.”

“Good.” Booth said, clasping his hands. “This is good.”

“It is.” Brennan said, firmly. “We’re finally getting somewhere.”

References:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty Ehbee wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:21 am

woo! i suck at written reviews, so i'm gonna phone it in... and willi, i'll let the bf know that you gave him a 'shout out' in your author's note - he'll think it was cool.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty BGWGscienceteacher wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:22 am

Great chapter as always Willi. I love the detail and research you are putting into this. PPS
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty nane wrote

Willi, it is still an amazing story. I just read both last chappies, I thought I keep it hostage till after New years when all the cheery time wears off. Looks like it is really a tough case for our dream team. You let them sweat a lot! Can´t wait for more!!!!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty miller0259 wrote

woot! another chapter! I was glad to have a mini recap b/c there's so many different victims!!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:23 am

WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME......

and holy shit willi.....interaction between booth and brennan...it appears to be effortless to you....sooooooo freakin spot on...as with all the rest of the squints also......and the case itself...you know i like all the bodies and the blood......but what i also like is its actually sending them into a tizzy of sorts...and you show that frustration also.......and i know you do a lot of research for all these chapters...but next time....if you arent going to post 'tomorrow'..then dont say you will....i waited for several tomorrows........yeah..its worth it....but as your manager and number one fan....i dont like to wait......nor do i think i should.......ha ha
#1 fan a2b...has barry or hart contacted you yet.....i gave them your address......they were looking for new material
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty fanofbones wrote

great will and also loved the recap of bodies...
they do seem to be multipling at an alarming rate....I still have no clue about the perp but I'm still edge of seat here....
hugs woman...

fab
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty magicstar wrote

OMG I have just caught up on my fic reading after the craziness of christmas and this is awsome...it's very detailed...jeez, maybe you could be an anthropologist...or murderer? lol
brilliant willi..... hurry up please waiting for a new chapter!!! x
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty CheeseBK wrote

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:24 am

ohhhhhh, i am so behind... just caught up and I loved it!!! it's really like watching it! great job
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:24 am

A/N: Here’s the next chapter. Sorry for the delay, I was sick with the flu!

“Walter.” Brennan said warmly, shaking the older man’s hand . “This is my partner, Seeley Booth.”

“Nice to meet you.” Walter said. “So you’re the reason Tempe chases after bad guys and writes books instead of doing research?”

“Well, um…I…” Booth stumbled. Brennan just rolled her eyes.

“Have a seat.” Walter said, gesturing to the chairs beside him. They were in a restaurant inside a hotel. There were very few people around which was a good thing.

“I got your email, Tempe. Sounds interesting. This tattoo made you think cult?”

Brennan handed over a print out of Angela’s drawing.

“Hmm, definitely cult-like. I got the data you sent me about the killings. They are completely random and yet I can see how you would think they are interconnected. There’s something there. Especially with this eyeball victim.”

“I need you to tell us about what we’re dealing with, if this is a cult.” Booth commented.

“That could take years, Agent Booth. This is my life’s work. If it is a destructive cult, you need to be careful. Those in destructive cults don’t see past what their duty is. They are blinded by the love of God, the devil or whoever or whatever they believe in.”

Walter paused and took a sip of water. “There are five main characteristics of a cult. The first is the authoritarian pyramid structure. There must be a leader at the top, much like our own society. There are rules and regulations that must be obeyed.

The second is the messianic leader. He, and it’s usually a he, although there have been known to be a few female leaders, is charismatic and cunning. He’s charming and devious, able to snare many followers with his words and his looks. There are fifteen traits that make up a cult leader and the primary one is lack of remorse.”

“Of course.” Booth muttered.

“Obviously, another characteristic is deception, but isolation is more important, whether it be physical isolation from society, like a Koresh or even Charles Manson, or a mental isolation. A cult is your family. They tell you what to do and how to live every aspect of your life.”

“So how do we make the link from our cases to this cult?” Brennan asked.

“Without physical evidence?” Walter noted. “I’m not sure. We need to determine whether this is a religious or non-religious cult. That will narrow the options down. I can’t say I’ve heard of these people, but I’ve probably come across them in my studies.”

“Unless they are new.” Booth pointed out.

“Unlikely.” Walter replied. “Think about it. When you first join a church, do they baptize you right away? No. These people who are killing for him are probably long standing members of his cult. And since you think that each body has a different killer, than I think you’re looking at a cult with about 40 members. Small enough to get under the radar, but big enough to do serious damage.”

“Why the killing?” Brennan asked. “What is the purpose of that? Just for fun?”

“If a cult believes that the person is getting in their way they can kill them. Some cults believe that by killing people they are letting their soul escape and go to heaven. However, given the state of the bodies; cannibalism, necrophilia….I would have to say he probably does it for enjoyment. Garners satisfaction out of taking a life or watching others do his bidding for him.”

“What about the quote?” Booth asked.

“Oh, the quote.” Brennan said, pulling out a piece of paper. “Those who are impure will hide in the darkness until the keeper exposes them for who they are.”

“Hmm, sounds vaguely religious to me, but at this point, I don’t want to rule anything out. What I can do is put together a couple of likely profiles of the suspect based on the information you gave me.”

“That would be helpful.” Booth commented.

“At this point, there’s not much I can do. I won’t be able to help you narrow them down a lot, that’s for sure. There are a lot of cults out there.”

“Anything you can do helps, Walter.” Brennan noted.

“So...” Walter said, shifting the topic. “I heard that you turned down that Oxford position. Is that true?”

“I already have a job.” Brennan stated.

“Clearly.” Walter said, looking pointedly at Booth.

“What?” Booth asked.

“Nothing.” Walter said. “Well, I should get to work. The day’s wasted unless there’s some good, quality research in there, right Tempe?”

Brennan nodded and smiled.

“We may need you later, Walter.” She replied.

“Oh, that’s fine. The university pays for me to do these fun little trips. Adds a little fun to a dodgy old professors life.”

Brennan smiled and she and Booth stood up. “Thanks Walter, I really appreciate it.”

“Yes, thank you.” Booth chimed in, shaking the man’s hand.

“If you ever need a change of pace, Tempe….”

“I have a job.” She said firmly. “But thank you.”

They turned and left the hotel. She could feel Booth eyeing her the whole way. It wasn’t until they got in the car that he said “Oxford?”

“What? They wanted me to teach there, I turned them down.”

“You turned them down because you would miss me right?” Booth replied, flashing his charm smile.

“I would not.” She said pointedly.

He grin got wider if that was even possible. “You so would. You would miss me.” He teased.

“Can we talk about the case?” she said, crossing her arms and looking annoyed.

“Sure.” He replied. They chatted about the case all the way back to the lab.

“Don’t worry Bones.” He said, slinging his arm around her shoulders as they walked into the Jeffersonian. “I would have missed you too.”
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl - Page 5 Empty Re: A Charismatic Evil-M, Drama, Casefic - by willgirl

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next