Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season Six Speculation Thread (From Show Discussion)

+14
mommahurley
crzy4bones
THX1138
jro54
jcn747
gordongordonfan
lexie1982
AmandaFriend
future_anthro
bailey
lancelot
joybrennan
AmandaMarshall
Matthie
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Season Six Speculation Thread (From Show Discussion) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season Six Speculation Thread (From Show Discussion)

Post by mommahurley Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:25 am

Very well put...It's all too complex to "blame" anyone. In all relationships..it takes two people walking in the same direction with the same goal....and it takes communication.

I believe they will get there....

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Season Six Speculation Thread (From Show Discussion) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season Six Speculation Thread (From Show Discussion)

Post by joybrennan Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:36 pm

AmandaFriend wrote:Booth's investment in Brennan's enlightenment has always been part of their dynamic as partners and friends. His investment in them as a couple came later, after the coma dream, after he was privy to something she crafted that suggested she saw him as a potential romantic partner.

Both of them miscalculated that night. Booth expected that Brennan had invested in the dream he had believed in and she invested in the fact that she was turning down Booth and he would be all right with it in the end and ultimately, they would be all right in the end. Neither one of them was entirely aware of just how circumstances would conspire against them. Too many of their cases are reminders of their own circumstances-- a relationship gone wrong, a dream unfulfilled, a hope unrealized. And their conversations now have too many unspoken undercurrents. Neither one of them was entirely aware of having unleashed that genie, how difficult it would be to ignore its presence in their lives. Booth probably had more savvy in that regard, but Brennan has struggled with it as well.

Because Brennan is always steps behind herself when it comes to her emotions, her struggles are going to take on a different tenor than Booth's. But neither one of them has really talked through what happened. It's always been squashed or ignored so it's not farfetched to think that there is going to be a reckoning some day. Booth is actively erasing the stain of one failed relationship by pursuing a new relationship with a zeal meant to mask the scars, paint over the "metaphorical marks." Brennan has been less successful in her pursuits-- Maluku was a bust and outside of what she usually did, identify murder victims. Had she found something, she could have used it as a "surrogate relationship", but she found nothing.

I expect the partners to face some kind of explosive confrontation that will either clear the air and make it possible for them to start walking in the same direction together, or just disrupt the universe even more. In the meantime, they both have to have epiphanies about what they really want in their relationship with the other.
thumbsup cheers
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:44 pm

mommahurley wrote:
lexie1982 wrote:"Many posts bemoan the fact that Booth deserves to be happy, that Brennan turned him down and has to live with that, and that he has every right to move on. If that's the case, so be it. But I think a great part of the fault for Brennan and Booth's current situation lies with him!""
Word. Booth totally blew that conversation. He talked about gambling, taking a chance, ect. without remembering that the woman he was talking to doesn't want a gamble...she only really trusts things that are sure, certain and proveable. She is going to need him to KNOW that he loves her (and only her), be able to SAY it to her with certainty and not be afraid to demonstrate his feelings to her.

Yes..these are all good points...he didn't say enough that's for sure...but..remember he is who he is...a person who's had every person that should have been there for him...abandon him...he's had very bad luck with family and women...so that was probably the most he could ask for at that point. For her to believe in him...to ta ke a chance on him..and to try to work it out with him...because "He knew"/// I find it very hard to assign "blame" to either of them...they are two human beings who are working through more baggage than most of us will ever have to deal with in our lifetimes...and they are still valuable, committed human beings who are working for good! Who recognize and appreciate eachoter and accept eachtoher for exactly who they are, wihtout changing...they're just having trouble taking that gamble that says..."we are in love, and we are going to commit to eachother, through thick and thin and be a family and work out our problems, and be together forever" .. that's huge for two people who have never had anyone do that for them...not parent...not sibling...not mates.... I can't blame either! They will have to travel the broken road that brings them home to...eachother!

@mammahurley: That was beautifully said - although my comments tend to be a little more rough around the edges that's exactly how I see it. They are both broken, both scared and very similar at their core.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesfan158 Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:03 am

I am really going to miss this thread. Many of the things I have read have caused me to go back and re-watch episodes and I have learned so much from others points of view and insights.
Thanks

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:36 am

You're welcome to join us at [Only admins are allowed to see this link] - it's a follower forum, so to speak, was created yesterday by our ABY pals.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:48 am

I will also miss this place. Some really fun, intelligent people. I'm jumping over to
the new forum as mereva where more can be discussed. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesfan158 Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:17 am

Thanks for the info. I will join you.

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3