Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season Six Speculation Thread (From Show Discussion)

+14
mommahurley
crzy4bones
THX1138
jro54
jcn747
gordongordonfan
lexie1982
AmandaFriend
future_anthro
bailey
lancelot
joybrennan
AmandaMarshall
Matthie
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Season Six Speculation Thread (From Show Discussion) Empty Re: Season Six Speculation Thread (From Show Discussion)

Post by Matthie Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:39 am

lancelot wrote:Completely agree with the idea that what we see as viewers is not what the characters are experiencing. I also think what we feel as viewers is may not be what the characters are viewing. I think Brennan is more upset that she has lost what she had (which didn't include sex) than the fact that he's having sex with Hannah. She is quite the fan of "recreational sex" as she calls it. I think what she is sad about is that the SO will affect the partnership which in my opinion was not a partnership at all, it was a love affair. Brennan hasn't completely figured that out yet.
I agree. IMO, Bones doesn't regrets now to have rejected Booth. What she said to Hannah, shows me that Bones still believes to have done the right thing. I believe that Brennan maybe in the future begins to think that she has possibly made a mistake when she rejected Booth and that she would like to have a relationship with him.
Emily Deschanel said in an interview that Bones has the feeling that she has lost the partnership and friendship. I think what bothers Bones now is that she thinks that she lost the friendship with Booth.

Previously it was always like that Bones has been the center of Booth. Even if he was with Tessa and Cam together. Now it is different. As soon as Hannah shows up, Bones is secondary. That is what Bones doesnt like and a little hurt her now.

The fact that Hannah has said that she is a little jealous, that Booth and Bones work together, could lead to attempts Booth, to include Hannah in his work, so that Bones felt that she has lost also the partnership with Booth.

To be fair, it's completely normal that Seeley has thanked Hannah for the phone and not Bones. Hannah has given him the phone as a gift and not Bones. Bones had just the idea. But even in this situation was clear to see that Bones is accustomed to be the center of Booth. And when Bones realized she is not, she's gone.

Last edited by Matthie on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spoiler)
Matthie
Matthie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Season Six Speculation Thread (From Show Discussion) Empty Re: Season Six Speculation Thread (From Show Discussion)

Post by AmandaMarshall Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:41 am

jonezn4Bones wrote: They are both enamored of Booth's protective instincts and manliness but he is way too traditional to be ultimately content with either one and no matter how good the sex or the feeling of being in his arms, those two women are meant to be traversing the mysteries of the world and searching for truth as their true love.

Booth needs a home body woman. That is no woman that has ever been a member of the cast of Bones. He tried it with Cam, yet another from the same mold as Temperance and Hannah. Like Cam - Hannah is a normal, healthy woman. Brennan is arrested in her development but absolute in her preferences. It goes way beyond stubborn to the fact she has determined a course for her life that Booth can not provide.

Overall I like what you said about Brennan and Burley aka Hannah but I do not really see Booth like that.

He was a sniper. He killed people professionally. Even if it was for God and Country or he has regrets in hindsight, that required an unconventional degree of coldness -- or a whole lot of beta blockers. Maybe his character is a little bipolar blurry because how he really feels does not match how he thinks he is supposed to feel.

AmandaMarshall
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:03 am

AmandaMarshall wrote:
jonezn4Bones wrote: They are both enamored of Booth's protective instincts and manliness but he is way too traditional to be ultimately content with either one and no matter how good the sex or the feeling of being in his arms, those two women are meant to be traversing the mysteries of the world and searching for truth as their true love.

Booth needs a home body woman. That is no woman that has ever been a member of the cast of Bones. He tried it with Cam, yet another from the same mold as Temperance and Hannah. Like Cam - Hannah is a normal, healthy woman. Brennan is arrested in her development but absolute in her preferences. It goes way beyond stubborn to the fact she has determined a course for her life that Booth can not provide.

Overall I like what you said about Brennan and Burley aka Hannah but I do not really see Booth like that.

He was a sniper. He killed people professionally. Even if it was for God and Country or he has regrets in hindsight, that required an unconventional degree of coldness -- or a whole lot of beta blockers. Maybe his character is a little bipolar blurry because how he really feels does not match how he thinks he is supposed to feel.

I'm going to go mark this day on my calendar - I actually agree with you on this point about Booth. Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaMarshall Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:20 am

joybrennan wrote:
AmandaMarshall wrote:

I'm going to go mark this day on my calendar - I actually agree with you on this point about Booth. Very Happy

Well, to be fair early Brennan isn't the warmest cookie on the tray. Neither was very angsty or shippery the first year out. I liked them better that way.

AmandaMarshall
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:30 am

AmandaMarshall wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
AmandaMarshall wrote:

Well, to be fair early Brennan isn't the warmest cookie on the tray. Neither was very angsty or shippery the first year out. I liked them better that way.

I liked them better that way too.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:41 am

jonezn4Bones wrote:

Now, I would not object to seeing Temperance risk her self-control and become vulnerable and explore her weaknesses in matters of the heart, but let's be brutally honest and admit something important... Temperance and Hannah are opposite sides of the same coin. Temperance is reasoned, cautious, and deliberate while Hannah is a risk taker, spontaneous, and reckless. Both are passionate women and lovers. Both love Booth. However, neither loves a man as much as they do their independence and their profession. They are both enamored of Booth's protective instincts and manliness but he is way too traditional to be ultimately content with either one and no matter how good the sex or the feeling of being in his arms, those two women are meant to be traversing the mysteries of the world and searching for truth as their true love.

And that hits the nail right on the head. No matter what other stuff the writers throw at the viewers THAT is the underlying tension.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:32 am

Brennan is a forensic anthropologist...most of the work she's traveled around the world doing is finding out how people died. Most of the big things we've heard about her travels involve identifying bodies from mass slaughters and wars. It's a writing issue, but this trip of hers to Maluka to look for interspecies blah, blah, blah, is an anomaly for her career. She was teaching classes and working for the Jeffersonian for a while BEFORE she met Booth. I think to say she needs/wants to be traveling the world is a misnomer. IMO what she wants, and has actually created for herself, is a "home" and a "family." That desire absolute terrifies her and she denies it to herself. (or she used to, less so now.) She is certainly not conventional and neved will be, but the Wanderlust the journalist has is very different from Brennan. Brennan runs off to some foreign country or another when she's AFRAID of her emotional self and desires. Like AM said about Booth having a split between what he wants and what he thinks he should want, Brennan's fears and personality challenges cause a disconnect between what she wants and what she THINKS is the right, "logical" thing.

The above analysis is strictly my opinion. Any sense of it being an absolute truth or assessment is purely unintentional. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:01 am

joybrennan wrote:Brennan is a forensic anthropologist...most of the work she's traveled around the world doing is finding out how people died. Most of the big things we've heard about her travels involve identifying bodies from mass slaughters and wars. It's a writing issue, but this trip of hers to Maluka to look for interspecies blah, blah, blah, is an anomaly for her career. She was teaching classes and working for the Jeffersonian for a while BEFORE she met Booth. I think to say she needs/wants to be traveling the world is a misnomer. IMO what she wants, and has actually created for herself, is a "home" and a "family." That desire absolute terrifies her and she denies it to herself. (or she used to, less so now.) She is certainly not conventional and neved will be, but the Wanderlust the journalist has is very different from Brennan. Brennan runs off to some foreign country or another when she's AFRAID of her emotional self and desires. Like AM said about Booth having a split between what he wants and what he thinks he should want, Brennan's fears and personality challenges cause a disconnect between what she wants and what she THINKS is the right, "logical" thing.

The above analysis is strictly my opinion. Any sense of it being an absolute truth or assessment is purely unintentional. Smile

Great post! cheers I totally agree with everything you just said. I think you described Brennan and her situation perfectly. Smile

bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:11 am

I would agree with that also. I think both Booth and Brennan are very complex characters. I would attest a lot of Brennan's issues with fear of commitment however I don't think that's the whole story. I DO think there is a component of "does an independent, strong women need a man, children, commitment" running through the show.

As far as Booth not being content with that type of women. I think that's exactly what he wants an independent, strong women. They pursue him and then they fear him - when they see him more clearly.

I agree with whoever posted the sniper comment. I think Booth can "turn himself off" easily when he thinks he needs to.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:42 am

bailey wrote:
joybrennan wrote:Brennan is a forensic anthropologist...most of the work she's traveled around the world doing is finding out how people died. Most of the big things we've heard about her travels involve identifying bodies from mass slaughters and wars. It's a writing issue, but this trip of hers to Maluka to look for interspecies blah, blah, blah, is an anomaly for her career. She was teaching classes and working for the Jeffersonian for a while BEFORE she met Booth. I think to say she needs/wants to be traveling the world is a misnomer. IMO what she wants, and has actually created for herself, is a "home" and a "family." That desire absolute terrifies her and she denies it to herself. (or she used to, less so now.) She is certainly not conventional and neved will be, but the Wanderlust the journalist has is very different from Brennan. Brennan runs off to some foreign country or another when she's AFRAID of her emotional self and desires. Like AM said about Booth having a split between what he wants and what he thinks he should want, Brennan's fears and personality challenges cause a disconnect between what she wants and what she THINKS is the right, "logical" thing.

Great post! cheers I totally agree with everything you just said. I think you described Brennan and her situation perfectly. Smile

I have just one thing to point out with that... Lets not forget it was Brennan's character herself that said she became an anthropologist for the identification and analysis of ancient remains. That is precisely what she was doing in Maluku. Like most Forensic Anthropologists her interests are not just in physical anthropology but archaeology as well. Not an an anomaly.

That's not me disagreeing that she'd like a home etc, i actually agree with you on that.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaFriend Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:45 am

Great insight into Brennan. I totally agree that she has cobbled together a family that fulfills her needs and she uses her work as a means to escape.

The fact that Maluku was such a bust for her as well as such an anomaly has to have some effect on her. I'm not sure they are going to explore that, but it would be nice if we could see something come of it. In many ways, work wasn't fulfilling or the answer to her need although she came back softer around the edges.

She took Booth's admonition that things had to change to heart, but she seems to be finding that it is too little, too late. With Hannah in the picture, she is supplanted in oh, so many ways. While she backed out of sex with Booth in the 100th, Hannah isn't so afraid and acts on her attraction almost immediately. Booth has ignored her request to "not be a hero" and has earned his reward for being a hero by getting Hannah.

Her family is growing and leaving her behind. Everyone has someone to go home to except her. Her approach to her life is going to be spotlighted more and more as being as unfulfilling as her time in Maluku.

AmandaFriend
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by lexie1982 Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:16 pm

Had'nt really thought of any of this before. Very insightful stuff! Its definately true that the one thing Brennan longed for after her parents disappeared was a real family. She formed, without really realizing it, a surrogate family with Booth and the rest of her colleagues, and it will HAVE to affect her as she sees all of that family starting new lives that she isnt a part of like she used to be. I think she will begin to feel like the outsider.

lexie1982

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:51 pm

I think she already does feel like the ousider, at least in terms of Hannah and Booth. I think they'll show it more and more, and probably in connection with everyone to a smaller extent. (Remember her conversation with Angela how she is the only one living the life she 'expected'... Angela asked how it was... and Bones said "as expected" or something like that... pretty telling IMO)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:08 pm

yeah, and when she said to Booth, "when 2 people live together it's the one that does not live there that needs to leave". That's a really awful paraphrase but it was something like that.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:49 pm

future_anthro wrote:
bailey wrote:

I have just one thing to point out with that... Lets not forget it was Brennan's character herself that said she became an anthropologist for the identification and analysis of ancient remains. That is precisely what she was doing in Maluku. Like most Forensic Anthropologists her interests are not just in physical anthropology but archaeology as well. Not an an anomaly.

That's not me disagreeing that she'd like a home etc, i actually agree with you on that.

Thanks for pointing that out, because I agree with you that Brennan does have various interests and that forensic anthropology has many angles to it, which brings up some interesting thoughts. Just to clarify, I was talking strictly about hercareer which, prior to the Jeffersonian, had been that of traveling around the world identifying remains from wars and massacres. It was an anomaly in terms of her career, not the field itself, or her interest in such things.

I DO think that she has these other interests. She just hasn't had much opportunity to work with them since grad school. (She references being on a 'dig' with Michael). It would make sense that she chose to work at the Jeffersonian as it would allow her to work with ancient artifacts and remains, as well as help others. What happened to change her focus was Booth. She makes that deal with Booth...which on a certain level makes no sense if you add in these other interests. (Which is why I argue that her making that agreement had more to do with being with Booth than anything else. Laughing) In season one she was still doing both. Like, In "the Woman in Limbo" she was supposed to be testifying as an expert witness AND identifying some ancient something or other which is why the morning was so chaotic. By season two you don't hear much about that kind of stuff anymore.

I personally found her saying in the finale that studying ancient remains was why she got into the field to be a bit off (another writing inconsistency) because in "Girl in the Fridge" she says (reluctantly) that she did it so that no one else would have the pain of not knowing what happened to their beloved. Ultimately, her interest is about knowing the truth, whatever it is, in just about every situation. (Except, of course, her own emotional state. Very Happy)

That emotional state is what, IMO, set off her interest in exploring other aspects of her field. It was, in fact, something she HADN'T done a lot of. I also think is was realistic for her to be questioning her work and what she was doing. Aside from the MESS of her personal life those nightmares she was having every night pointed to a real level of burn-out. I mean, the woman's idea of a vacation is to goto Costa Rico and identify more dead bodies. Shocked

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:49 pm

joybrennan wrote:
future_anthro wrote:
bailey wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, because I agree with you that Brennan does have various interests and that forensic anthropology has many angles to it, which brings up some interesting thoughts. Just to clarify, I was talking strictly about hercareer which, prior to the Jeffersonian, had been that of traveling around the world identifying remains from wars and massacres. It was an anomaly in terms of her career, not the field itself, or her interest in such things.

I DO think that she has these other interests. She just hasn't had much opportunity to work with them since grad school. (She references being on a 'dig' with Michael). It would make sense that she chose to work at the Jeffersonian as it would allow her to work with ancient artifacts and remains, as well as help others. What happened to change her focus was Booth. She makes that deal with Booth...which on a certain level makes no sense if you add in these other interests. (Which is why I argue that her making that agreement had more to do with being with Booth than anything else. Laughing) In season one she was still doing both. Like, In "the Woman in Limbo" she was supposed to be testifying as an expert witness AND identifying some ancient something or other which is why the morning was so chaotic. By season two you don't hear much about that kind of stuff anymore.

I personally found her saying in the finale that studying ancient remains was why she got into the field to be a bit off (another writing inconsistency) because in "Girl in the Fridge" she says (reluctantly) that she did it so that no one else would have the pain of not knowing what happened to their beloved. Ultimately, her interest is about knowing the truth, whatever it is, in just about every situation. (Except, of course, her own emotional state. Very Happy)

That emotional state is what, IMO, set off her interest in exploring other aspects of her field. It was, in fact, something she HADN'T done a lot of. I also think is was realistic for her to be questioning her work and what she was doing. Aside from the MESS of her personal life those nightmares she was having every night pointed to a real level of burn-out. I mean, the woman's idea of a vacation is to goto Costa Rico and identify more dead bodies. Shocked
My idea of a great vacation too Very Happy I did the same thing to the USA this year for a holiday.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:03 pm

joybrennan wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
RubyRuby wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
bailey wrote:
MoonlightGardenias wrote:

The Hannah/Brennan scene about the phone and then the end are why this episode wasn't completely cringeworthy for me. Emily does heartbreaking like no other and the "I'm trying so hard to be happy for you right now" attitude was just...*sigh*. Her telling Hannah to be sure about the relationship makes me wonder if she's realized already how big her mistake in letting him go was.

Yes! Totally think she realizes her mistake ... when Brennan said it would break his heart if Hannah wasn't into the relationship the same way he was she might as well as added, "Like I did."
Rolling Eyes Judging by Booth's behavior Brennan made the right choice.

You can say what you want to about Booth, but if he was just following Brennan around like a love-sick puppy I'd have absolutely NO respect for him. He said he had to move on. He's trying. There's no crime in that. He's human - not perfect!And "Raghag," as you call her, is the woman that he's trying with.

Poor Booth, he tried so hard the last time he wanted to spend his life with a woman. Rolling Eyes Someone should perhaps tell Hannah that at the first sign of resistance, he will move on.
She is doing all the work, he's just along for the ride - and folks, take that any way you want. Twisted Evil
You know, that's just evil enough for me to really, really appreciate the sentiment.

As for a lovesick puppy - no, I wouldn't respect that. However, I don't respect him now, either. He's just taking whatever bus comes along because he doesn't want to drive. Has a custom Lamborghini sitting in the garage, but the steering's "too sensitive, and the dashboard's "too complicated". Rolling Eyes Well, while he's out on the bus I hope some hot guy comes and steals his car, someone who knows its worth and likes to drive. Twisted Evil
Hmm, nice try but it's more like this: There was a custom Lamborghini sitting in the parking lot that was free for the taking if anyone could get it started. Plenty of men managed to slip their key in the ignition but Booth couldn't ever get the damn thing to turn over no matter how patient he was or how much TLC he gave it. Finally after five years of taking the bus he decides to get a new mustang. Now the Lamborghini is coughing and sputtering everytime he walks by, acting for all the world like it wants to turn over, but his ride still has that new car smell. Why should he give the Lamborghini a second look again?

Oh, and no way in hell Hannah's a bus kiddo, that's a sweet ride if ever I saw one, and I bet she handles the turns like she's on rails.

king RM

LoL! I'll go with the mustang part, but all Booth did was STARE at the Lamborghini and dream about driving it. Then, when finally opened the damn door and didn't find the ignition in the the first thirty seconds, he backed out, decided he couldn't handle it anyway. Then along came the mustang, open door, keys in the ignition. Sure, nice ride, but it ain't no Lamborghini. Laughing

U see i'm on Bones's team on this one. When she told hannah to be sure, it showed that she truly didn't go into a relationship with Booth based on the fear she would not be able to give him what he needed. She knew that the moment she said yes to a relationship Booth will fully give himself to her. She put her own happiness aside for Booth, knowing that she might break his heart. Booth should have known this, i mean it is in her character, and he should have waited. But i do respect his decision to move on, what I don't really respect his behaviour at all as he is jst reverting back to his old rebellious self, like in season and when he would date the pretty blondes tht just came and went, and in a way he is just contradicting everything he said about relationships. He is also pushing bones further and further away, but he should know she is the only one who really will be there till the end.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaFriend Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:57 pm

jcn747 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
RubyRuby wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
bailey wrote:

The Hannah/Brennan scene about the phone and then the end are why this episode wasn't completely cringeworthy for me. Emily does heartbreaking like no other and the "I'm trying so hard to be happy for you right now" attitude was just...*sigh*. Her telling Hannah to be sure about the relationship makes me wonder if she's realized already how big her mistake in letting him go was.

Yes! Totally think she realizes her mistake ... when Brennan said it would break his heart if Hannah wasn't into the relationship the same way he was she might as well as added, "Like I did."

You can say what you want to about Booth, but if he was just following Brennan around like a love-sick puppy I'd have absolutely NO respect for him. He said he had to move on. He's trying. There's no crime in that. He's human - not perfect!And "Raghag," as you call her, is the woman that he's trying with.

Poor Booth, he tried so hard the last time he wanted to spend his life with a woman. Rolling Eyes Someone should perhaps tell Hannah that at the first sign of resistance, he will move on.
She is doing all the work, he's just along for the ride - and folks, take that any way you want. Twisted Evil
You know, that's just evil enough for me to really, really appreciate the sentiment.

As for a lovesick puppy - no, I wouldn't respect that. However, I don't respect him now, either. He's just taking whatever bus comes along because he doesn't want to drive. Has a custom Lamborghini sitting in the garage, but the steering's "too sensitive, and the dashboard's "too complicated". Rolling Eyes Well, while he's out on the bus I hope some hot guy comes and steals his car, someone who knows its worth and likes to drive. Twisted Evil
Hmm, nice try but it's more like this: There was a custom Lamborghini sitting in the parking lot that was free for the taking if anyone could get it started. Plenty of men managed to slip their key in the ignition but Booth couldn't ever get the damn thing to turn over no matter how patient he was or how much TLC he gave it. Finally after five years of taking the bus he decides to get a new mustang. Now the Lamborghini is coughing and sputtering everytime he walks by, acting for all the world like it wants to turn over, but his ride still has that new car smell. Why should he give the Lamborghini a second look again?

Oh, and no way in hell Hannah's a bus kiddo, that's a sweet ride if ever I saw one, and I bet she handles the turns like she's on rails.

king RM

LoL! I'll go with the mustang part, but all Booth did was STARE at the Lamborghini and dream about driving it. Then, when finally opened the damn door and didn't find the ignition in the the first thirty seconds, he backed out, decided he couldn't handle it anyway. Then along came the mustang, open door, keys in the ignition. Sure, nice ride, but it ain't no Lamborghini. Laughing

U see i'm on Bones's team on this one. When she told hannah to be sure, it showed that she truly didn't go into a relationship with Booth based on the fear she would not be able to give him what he needed. She knew that the moment she said yes to a relationship Booth will fully give himself to her. She put her own happiness aside for Booth, knowing that she might break his heart. Booth should have known this, i mean it is in her character, and he should have waited. But i do respect his decision to move on, what I don't really respect his behaviour at all as he is jst reverting back to his old rebellious self, like in season and when he would date the pretty blondes tht just came and went, and in a way he is just contradicting everything he said about relationships. He is also pushing bones further and further away, but he should know she is the only one who really will be there till the end.

I would say both of them have to share the burden of their actions. We see how this is affecting Brennan and we have great sympathy for her. Her emotional upheaval is quite compelling to watch.

But don't forget that Booth probably thought that she was ready when he proposed they become a proper couple. There were so many things that suggested that maybe he was reading her right and she wanted a relationship with him. When the moment came, she balked out of fear and he backed off because he hadn't really read her right at all. In hindsight, yes, he might have said this or done that, but the problem was he misread all the signs-- something he was struggling with as a detective and something he mangled in the end with Brennan.

His behavior now is in keeping with his behavior earlier in their association, sure. But he is taking care of himself first at this time. He's spent all of his time taking care of his brother, his son, his partner, that now he is taking care of himself. Yes, it seems selfish, but he had no hope from Brennan. He hadn't heard from her for 7 months. Brennan wanted the partnership then walked away from the partnership to pursue ancient remains. He can't read her and he can't understand why she needs to take off.

Hannah is different because she literally does not have the same kind of baggage as Brennan. Booth's relationship with her mirrors his relationship with Brennan, which gives us great sympathy for Brennan. Rather than act on her sexual attraction to Booth, Brennan climbs into that taxi and takes off setting off this stalled romance. Hannah acts on her attraction and goes so far as to follow him back to the states. Brennan did nothing to suggest she would meet Booth part way or any way. She proposed that everything would be the same, they would pick up exactly as they had left it and he was the one who told her things had to change. Booth might look selfish at this time, but his selfishness was well-earned.

I love Brennan and to watch what she is going through is heartbreaking, but to be fair, she was responsible for saying no to Booth and then expecting everything to be the same. She might be naive about what her rejection meant, but the consequences are going to hit her more and more as time goes on.

While Booth might appear to be insensitive, he seems committed. He has to divorce himself from Brennan and make their relationship as professional as possible rather than get sucked in again in a relationship he feels has no future. His commitment to Brennan has now been transferred to Hannah and while I don't enjoy it, I understand it. I don't think he's deliberately trying to make Brennan jealous or flaunt his relationship with Hannah to hurt Brennan. He's literally taking what Brennan is telling him at face value and trying not to read anything else into it for fear that he would be back at square one in a hopeless situation with Brennan. If he were merely using Hannah to hurt Brennan or manipulate Brennan, he would deserve condemnation for using one woman to hurt another, but he's not really like that. He's trying to make both relationships work and while his refusal to talk about it with Sweets suggests he's being naive or stubborn or whatever, it shows he has made his decision and he's going to play the hand that was dealt him.

If Brennan were to tell him that seeing him with Hannah hurts, I could see him being less demonstrative around Brennan, but I don't see her saying that to him if she's doling out advice to Hannah and trying to be supportive. As long as she cannot be honest with herself or with Booth about whatever it is she wants or is feeling, she is going to be subjected to watching their relationship progress. He is doing what people in love do-- show affection for his love. And I will feel a great deal of sympathy for Brennan, but I will also know that she's set herself on this path and helped steer Booth as well.

AmandaFriend
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:24 pm

AmandaFriend wrote:
jcn747 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
RubyRuby wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
bailey wrote:

king RM

I would say both of them have to share the burden of their actions. We see how this is affecting Brennan and we have great sympathy for her. Her emotional upheaval is quite compelling to watch.

But don't forget that Booth probably thought that she was ready when he proposed they become a proper couple. There were so many things that suggested that maybe he was reading her right and she wanted a relationship with him. When the moment came, she balked out of fear and he backed off because he hadn't really read her right at all. In hindsight, yes, he might have said this or done that, but the problem was he misread all the signs-- something he was struggling with as a detective and something he mangled in the end with Brennan.

His behavior now is in keeping with his behavior earlier in their association, sure. But he is taking care of himself first at this time. He's spent all of his time taking care of his brother, his son, his partner, that now he is taking care of himself. Yes, it seems selfish, but he had no hope from Brennan. He hadn't heard from her for 7 months. Brennan wanted the partnership then walked away from the partnership to pursue ancient remains. He can't read her and he can't understand why she needs to take off.

Hannah is different because she literally does not have the same kind of baggage as Brennan. Booth's relationship with her mirrors his relationship with Brennan, which gives us great sympathy for Brennan. Rather than act on her sexual attraction to Booth, Brennan climbs into that taxi and takes off setting off this stalled romance. Hannah acts on her attraction and goes so far as to follow him back to the states. Brennan did nothing to suggest she would meet Booth part way or any way. She proposed that everything would be the same, they would pick up exactly as they had left it and he was the one who told her things had to change. Booth might look selfish at this time, but his selfishness was well-earned.

I love Brennan and to watch what she is going through is heartbreaking, but to be fair, she was responsible for saying no to Booth and then expecting everything to be the same. She might be naive about what her rejection meant, but the consequences are going to hit her more and more as time goes on.

While Booth might appear to be insensitive, he seems committed. He has to divorce himself from Brennan and make their relationship as professional as possible rather than get sucked in again in a relationship he feels has no future. His commitment to Brennan has now been transferred to Hannah and while I don't enjoy it, I understand it. I don't think he's deliberately trying to make Brennan jealous or flaunt his relationship with Hannah to hurt Brennan. He's literally taking what Brennan is telling him at face value and trying not to read anything else into it for fear that he would be back at square one in a hopeless situation with Brennan. If he were merely using Hannah to hurt Brennan or manipulate Brennan, he would deserve condemnation for using one woman to hurt another, but he's not really like that. He's trying to make both relationships work and while his refusal to talk about it with Sweets suggests he's being naive or stubborn or whatever, it shows he has made his decision and he's going to play the hand that was dealt him.

If Brennan were to tell him that seeing him with Hannah hurts, I could see him being less demonstrative around Brennan, but I don't see her saying that to him if she's doling out advice to Hannah and trying to be supportive. As long as she cannot be honest with herself or with Booth about whatever it is she wants or is feeling, she is going to be subjected to watching their relationship progress. He is doing what people in love do-- show affection for his love. And I will feel a great deal of sympathy for Brennan, but I will also know that she's set herself on this path and helped steer Booth as well.

This Exactly IMO. I would also add that although we don't see much about it Booth was also abused and abandoned also as a child (at least thought his father abandoned him) and Brennan leaving most likely threw him into protection mode.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 am

@ MoonlightGardenias
Well written analysis. Smile The reason it doesn't work for me is that it hinges on the idea that Booth "thought" Bones was ready when he proposed giving them a shot.
The reason he attempted it was because Sweets pushed him to take a gamble. They'd just been in a session where they'd been reminded that the sexual attraction they had ended up in disaster and both of them at different times stated that "they were not in love." If Booth had put any "thought" into having that kind of conversation he wouldn't have had it then. He also actually says, "I'd like to give this a shot" to which Brennan replies, "you mean us?" His asking right then wasn't about Brennan being ready, it was about him wanting to try."

I will say I agree with the difference in actions between the journalist and Brennan. My interpretation is a bit different though. Brennan left in the taxi because she wanted more than sex. Booth tells her, "I think this is going somewhere." Most women don't think about starting a relationship on a alcohol-induced first encounter, and Booth was suggesting they could have that. So, she left, thinking there was going to be more. It's all in her facial expression when Booth comes in and says they'll be working together again. She's disappointed. Now Booth may have taken her leaving as she didn't want more, and that's where I think the miscommunications began. Brennan pushes those feelings done, but they come out sideways. They fight all the time she slaps him, walks out. Brennan goes and starts a relationship that's strictly sexual, they don't even LIKE each other (Peter.) That doesn't work. When Booth shows up again she's had those feelings so buried she doesn't know they're there. They come out sideways again. The only way she's work with him is if they can be "partners." Odd request if you think about how they ended up the last time, but it seems reasonable on the surface...

The journalist, however, wasn't thinking about a relationship when she connected with Booth. She was "showing her appreciation." Her mind was not on longterm anything. She followed him because she didn't like sleeping alone - ie, for the sex. She's using the sex as a basis for creating a "relationship." Ultimately, that will probably be what ends the relationship with Booth. It's just based on sex and gratitude.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:22 am

joybrennan wrote:@ MoonlightGardenias
Well written analysis. Smile The reason it doesn't work for me is that it hinges on the idea that Booth "thought" Bones was ready when he proposed giving them a shot.
The reason he attempted it was because Sweets pushed him to take a gamble. They'd just been in a session where they'd been reminded that the sexual attraction they had ended up in disaster and both of them at different times stated that "they were not in love." If Booth had put any "thought" into having that kind of conversation he wouldn't have had it then. He also actually says, "I'd like to give this a shot" to which Brennan replies, "you mean us?" His asking right then wasn't about Brennan being ready, it was about him wanting to try."

I will say I agree with the difference in actions between the journalist and Brennan. My interpretation is a bit different though. Brennan left in the taxi because she wanted more than sex. Booth tells her, "I think this is going somewhere." Most women don't think about starting a relationship on a alcohol-induced first encounter, and Booth was suggesting they could have that. So, she left, thinking there was going to be more. It's all in her facial expression when Booth comes in and says they'll be working together again. She's disappointed. Now Booth may have taken her leaving as she didn't want more, and that's where I think the miscommunications began. Brennan pushes those feelings done, but they come out sideways. They fight all the time she slaps him, walks out. Brennan goes and starts a relationship that's strictly sexual, they don't even LIKE each other (Peter.) That doesn't work. When Booth shows up again she's had those feelings so buried she doesn't know they're there. They come out sideways again. The only way she's work with him is if they can be "partners." Odd request if you think about how they ended up the last time, but it seems reasonable on the surface...

The journalist, however, wasn't thinking about a relationship when she connected with Booth. She was "showing her appreciation." Her mind was not on longterm anything. She followed him because she didn't like sleeping alone - ie, for the sex. She's using the sex as a basis for creating a "relationship." Ultimately, that will probably be what ends the relationship with Booth. It's just based on sex and gratitude.

bowdown bowdown bowdown
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Season Six Speculation Thread (From Show Discussion) Empty Season Six Speculation Thread (From Show Discussion)

Post by THX1138 Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:35 am

This thread is for Speculation on plot and character development for Season Six. So instead of posting it in the Show Discussion thread for Maggots put it here!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Season Six Speculation Thread (From Show Discussion) Empty speculation

Post by crzy4bones Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:37 am

see..I interpreted what happened in the 100th differently. She was all about having sex with Booth while drunk on Tequila until he started confessing all his personal stuff and telling her that he felt like it was going somewhere...and THAT is why she bailed...because Booth was more invested in having a "relationship" then having "sex" and that's not what she wanted. That has ALWAYS been the problem between Booth and Brennan....Booth wanting the whole relationship and Brennan only in it for the physical sexual release. She purposely lets the fights start because it's her way of keeping him at a distance and letting him know that she does not want any kind of actual relationship with him.

In the pilot, Booth says "partners share things" and she says "we're not partners" and Booth says "sorry for the assumption" so even then she's resisting building a relationship of any kind with him...but enjoying the "adventure" of going in the field....in the end she does offer to help him balance his cosmic balance sheet but she still never labels their relationship as a "partnership"...and Booth doesn't even introduce her as his partner until many episodes later.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:07 am

That's how I saw that interlude also. Brennan walked away because he confessed to being a gambler putting it all on the table hoping they would "go somewhere".

All in all I think the 100th episode was confusing and gave a lot of conflicting information.

Last edited by lancelot on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:21 am; edited 2 times in total

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:21 am

I'm not getting into another "Booth vs Brennan" debate...because I don't feel like arguing right now...but I do agree with that Booth/Hannah's relationship is completely based on sex. Hannah wasn't thinking about anything long term when she was "showing her gratitude." She followed him because she didn't like sleeping alone-sex. Their whole relationship is based on sex, lust, adreline and taking risks-short-REBOUND...and the writers have already established this. Sweets knows that it's just a rebound...and how come we haven't seen any mushy scenes between Booth/Hannah? How come they keep throwing Booth/Hannah sex kin our faces? Everything is completely about sex. Soon the flame will burn out...and Booth realize that he's still in love with Brennan.

Last edited by jro54 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next