Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ange & Bones B Convo & Season Finale Speculation

+12
joybrennan
heirofloki
jro54
empiricist
MI_Bonesgirl
DONEWITHIT
boothbrennan13
mereva
Bonesicted
treble21
a_rangergrl2
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ange & Bones B Convo & Season Finale Speculation Empty Ange & Bones B Convo & Season Finale Speculation

Post by a_rangergrl2 Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:44 am

I’m wondering if the conversation that Angela & Brennan have in Death of a Queen Bee is a foreshadowing of what is to come in the season finale?

In 100 Brennan chose to maintain the professional relationship with Wendall/Booth. Work Booth - the sexy saint Booth who is all about duty and honor and doing the right thing, on the belief that this is the Booth she is more likely to be able to keep in her life. Angela posits that wouldn’t Jack be the one more likely to stay with her and “not go off to war” because he wants to be with her as opposed to feeling that he has to be with her. That’s the Booth that Brennan turned down in 100, the Jack/Booth who wants to be with her in spite of any inherent challenges that might exist in that relationship. That’s a new concept for Brennan.

Brennan’s description of men avoiding dealing with their responsibilities by geographic exploration and meaningless sexual conquests describes Brennan’s way of avoiding dealing with her abandonment/intimacy issues through the years perfectly.

But, future spoilers have Brennan deciding not to go on a geographic exploration and Booth going “off to war”. Perhaps it’s not another woman that threatens to take Booth away from Brennan; it’s the call of another duty. And perhaps it is that realization that prompts Brennan to abandon her geographic explorations and meaningless sexual conquests and embrace Angela’s choice. Perhaps she tells Booth that she has resolved to confront the issues that she has avoided all of her life so that she can learn to love with an open heart and that what matters more to her is building a personal relationship/life with him even if it costs her the professional one.
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Ange & Bones B Convo & Season Finale Speculation Empty Re: Ange & Bones B Convo & Season Finale Speculation

Post by treble21 Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:07 am

a_rangergrl2 wrote:I’m wondering if the conversation that Angela & Brennan have in Death of a Queen Bee is a foreshadowing of what is to come in the season finale?

In 100 Brennan chose to maintain the professional relationship with Wendall/Booth. Work Booth - the sexy saint Booth who is all about duty and honor and doing the right thing, on the belief that this is the Booth she is more likely to be able to keep in her life. Angela posits that wouldn’t Jack be the one more likely to stay with her and “not go off to war” because he wants to be with her as opposed to feeling that he has to be with her. That’s the Booth that Brennan turned down in 100, the Jack/Booth who wants to be with her in spite of any inherent challenges that might exist in that relationship. That’s a new concept for Brennan.

Brennan’s description of men avoiding dealing with their responsibilities by geographic exploration and meaningless sexual conquests describes Brennan’s way of avoiding dealing with her abandonment/intimacy issues through the years perfectly.

But, future spoilers have Brennan deciding not to go on a geographic exploration and Booth going “off to war”. Perhaps it’s not another woman that threatens to take Booth away from Brennan; it’s the call of another duty. And perhaps it is that realization that prompts Brennan to abandon her geographic explorations and meaningless sexual conquests and embrace Angela’s choice. Perhaps she tells Booth that she has resolved to confront the issues that she has avoided all of her life so that she can learn to love with an open heart and that what matters more to her is building a personal relationship/life with him even if it costs her the professional one.

This is an interesting theory and is entirely possible Smile
I just wanted to point out that the bolded section has not been confirmed, at this point it is just speculation. All we know for sure ( based on sides) is that both Booth and Brennan have had offers to leave, Brennan for a dig in Malaysia (?) and Booth had an offer to train Rangers. Brennan is likely not going anywhere as we have Jack say that she's not going , so we can probably take that as legitimate. But Booth outright turned down the offer in the sides, so as far as we have conformation on, he's not going anywhere. Speculation is that he changes his mind, but we don't know that for sure.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Ange & Bones B Convo & Season Finale Speculation Empty Re: Ange & Bones B Convo & Season Finale Speculation

Post by Bonesicted Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:25 am

a_rangergrl2 wrote:But, future spoilers have Brennan deciding not to go on a geographic exploration and Booth going “off to war”. Perhaps it’s not another woman that threatens to take Booth away from Brennan; it’s the call of another duty. And perhaps it is that realization that prompts Brennan to abandon her geographic explorations and meaningless sexual conquests and embrace Angela’s choice. Perhaps she tells Booth that she has resolved to confront the issues that she has avoided all of her life so that she can learn to love with an open heart and that what matters more to her is building a personal relationship/life with him even if it costs her the professional one.
A very interesting thought you have! Smile

Ok, once again, one should perhaps not completely trust anything HH, SN, DB et al say, but this is what he (DB) said in an interview I read:

Season four ended with a fantasy episode, is there anything you can tell us about the season five finale?
We’ve just started working on that and it looks as though the characters will be going in separate directions for a while, for reasons I can’t talk about. It’s going to be a really nice way to end the run.

(Source: [Only admins are allowed to see this link])

Should we take that as something that might be true, or is it just something he says to throw us off course? It sounds a bit contradiciting with "going in separate directions" and "nice way to end the run" in the same breath. Wink
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:48 am

Huh?
It seems to me that I don't understand the definition of "nice" at all[Only admins are allowed to see this image] ... "going in separate directions" isn't "nice".
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:55 am

mereva wrote:Huh?
It seems to me that I don't understand the definition of "nice" at all[Only admins are allowed to see this image] ... "going in separate directions" isn't "nice".

lol! Me neither! Very Happy Sometimes I'd like to sit down one-on-one with DB and ask him a thing or two. Wink

I wonder if he said it with a grin on his face or if he was dead serious...
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:55 am

the most telling words in his response are "it looks as though"
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:58 am

treble21 wrote:the most telling words in his response are "it looks as though"
Good point! Very Happy

"it looks as though the characters will be going in separate directions for a while" ...but they never go through with it after all. Wink
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by boothbrennan13 Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Bonesicted wrote:
Good point! Very Happy

"it looks as though the characters will be going in separate directions for a while" ...but they never go through with it after all. Wink

I could picture DB saying that with his incredibly sexy grin on his face! Embarassed Haha, back to the topic...When you watch interviews with David, he does like to tease, and he seems to play off words quite a bit. So I would take it at the "looks like" value!
boothbrennan13
boothbrennan13
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:32 am

Exactly so. Very Happy
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:22 am

mereva wrote:Huh?
Oh Mereva, I did not join this forum before because you always take the words right of my mouth., it is almost like you read my mind...it is a sad time for our little shipper heart's isn't ? ..sad time Crying or Very sad nervous
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:50 am

It is. VERY sad time, indeed. I try not to think about the next episode that often and want it to be like... pulling out a tooth: as fast as possible, so it hurts as little as possible.

And I LOVE your username! Love it! Twisted Evil
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:56 am

I wonder if HH would fall for reverse psychology?? Yeah sure Hart-put B&B together?? NOOOOO We don't want that. Not at all. Rolling Eyes
Yeah I couldn't convince myself either.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:00 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I wonder if HH would fall for reverse psychology?? Yeah sure Hart-put B&B together?? NOOOOO We don't want that. Not at all. Rolling Eyes
Yeah I couldn't convince myself either.
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by empiricist Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:34 am

Korbi Gosh from Zap2it @mariisa hoffman said during a live chat after the 100th with fans:

"....it seems everyone is making major moves in the finale. Apparently people are going separate ways like geographically, I think."

She was giving spoilers for the finale. Again, the "I think" thing.

My own opinion is:
I see her realizing "something", and trying to tell him before he flies off. She either doesn't tell him the right way, or notices that he has to do his duty. It will leave us hanging as to whether he understood her. Another moment will be lost. (These two need a good therapist. They give me a headache instead of warm fuzzies anymore.)

I see next year opening with 6 months having passed with the hiatus. Then Brennan gets called to a mass grave in the zone Booth is at. He either has to protect her or save her. Within a few episodes, we get them back at the Jeffersonian. There will be no noticeable progress in the relationship.

They are talking 8 seasons now. Hart is not putting them together until the end. Let us just hope it does not get anymore unrealistic, and stays entertaining. My shipper fantasies are packed up and put in long term storage.

I know it could be done, but I know Hart is not going to do it.

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:56 am

LOL, it's amazing how much time and energy everyone is willing to put into speculating on what is going to happen based on things outside of the show instead of reflecting on what actually has been presented within the show by the writers and actors etc. Why even have the show anymore? All we really need is the interviews. Wink
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:06 am

a_rangergrl2 wrote:LOL, it's amazing how much time and energy everyone is willing to put into speculating on what is going to happen based on things outside of the show instead of reflecting on what actually has been presented within the show by the writers and actors etc. Why even have the show anymore? All we really need is the interviews. Wink
Perhaps I'm totaly wrong but I get the feeling that what is being said in interviews is said to make us confused. They might not lie but I get the feeling that at least some of them (like HH and DB) like to twist the words etc.

Personaly I like watching the episodes and try to figure out what in the different episodes are hints for the future and what those hints may mean. It's hurting my brain big time sometimes, but it's kind of fun despite of that. Wink
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:30 am

"it looks as though" is the key. I don't they will be going. Maybe Booth will have to go, but Brennan decides to stay. Maybe the real cliffhanger will be 'will she/won't she' join him.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:54 am

Ok, I'm out of the loop here a bit perhaps, but I'm hoping no question is a stupid question?! Smile

Has any of HH & co said that the finale of S5 will be "tied together" with S4 finale? Or have they just named the finale of this season sort of similar but with no intention of linking them together in any way? Perhaps my wishful thinking has gone overboard. Smile

Anyone who is more in the loop than me? Very Happy
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 am

Bonesicted wrote:Ok, I'm out of the loop here a bit perhaps, but I'm hoping no question is a stupid question?! Smile

Has any of HH & co said that the finale of S5 will be "tied together" with S4 finale? Or have they just named the finale of this season sort of similar but with no intention of linking them together in any way? Perhaps my wishful thinking has gone overboard. Smile

Anyone who is more in the loop than me? Very Happy

Good question! I don't think anyone with the show has said that the finale is connected to the Season 4 finale, I think that is speculation given that the titles seem to be linked ( The end in the beginning , and The beginning in the end)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:12 am

I think that there is not a single thing connected ... I mean, I just can't figure out where a couple will go after this. In real life that will lead to a break in the dynamics and you stop wanting to feel for that person. Unless who rejected the other goes back and "unrejects" ( is that a word) and I honestly don't see Bren doing that. I mean I would but my IQ is not as high Very Happy
So, I hate to say this but I feel like we are going back to the season 1 with one exception, discomfort / hopelessness from Booth and carelessness from Brennan.
The fact that Bren is going out for coffee with Hacko after Booth declaration is a clear indication that she did not get the extent of her rejection and how her behavior needs to be modify to create more pain and separation in her relationship with Booth.
And Booth, well, he is like many other man that gets hurt ( I am not generalizing here) needs to have proof that still "has it". Now, I have read some postings where they say that Booth would not have sex with catfish because he "makes love". Well, unfortunately, anatomically speaking men have to "engage in intercourse". So he is capable and should say willing to have "intercourse" with the whale. or any other willing and available female ..to my dismay... it is just the healthiest way for him to come back to his old self....boy this was a long post and I am sure I am rambling and not making sense...
Bottom line, I thing this is one of those series (House anyone) where all this drama is counterproductive. I mean look at the amounts of postings and opinions we have !!! tongue
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Why is everyone so negative? The producers/writers only say words like "it look as though" and "maybe" but it DOESN'T mean that they "will". SN said "I think fans don't want him to succeed and that's what we will explore next season" but it DOESN'T mean that he will succeed and that he will move on with "women". I can't believe that people actually think that Brennan does not love Booth and he's going to move on and marry someone else or they are going to not see each other for a year and start their relationship all over again????!!!!! No offense guys, but these scenarios are so ridiculous, that there almost laughable. HH and SN are NOT stupid people. They have kept this show on for 5 years and I'm sure that they realize that they can't just start B&B's relationship all over again because the whole show is about their relationship and how it grows and develops and if they do that, it would make the last 5 years pointless and they know that they would lose so many viewers. Also, everyone has all said that what happens in the finale will be a "big turning point" or "big change" in their relationship which could either mean getting together or moving further apart, but I don't think it implies "starting over" from season 1.

I'm not saying that B&B will get together in the finale, but there is nothing wrong with a having a little faith. And we shouldn't claim that were going to stop watching the show and just assume what is going to happen based on what some spoilers say because we have no idea what is going to happen until we actually see the finale. So people should just chill out and watch the show.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Actually, it could be going separate ways AND a nice way to end the run. If they come to a sort of agreement before they have to part ways. If say, Brennan comes out and says, "sorry, I fucked up, I can and do love you" (but not in those words 'cause it's network tv and it's Brennan), that would be nice. If she says that and at least one of them already has a commitment to go off somewhere else (spec!!) well, there you go: Nice and Separate. They can re-hook up after they are done with their respective duties (that is, after the summer break for us). Again, I'm just speccing, y'all! It just seems to me like it's feasible to have it both ways... *shrug*

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:17 pm

heirofloki wrote:Actually, it could be going separate ways AND a nice way to end the run. If they come to a sort of agreement before they have to part ways. If say, Brennan comes out and says, "sorry, I fucked up, I can and do love you" (but not in those words 'cause it's network tv and it's Brennan), that would be nice. If she says that and at least one of them already has a commitment to go off somewhere else (spec!!) well, there you go: Nice and Separate. They can re-hook up after they are done with their respective duties (that is, after the summer break for us). Again, I'm just speccing, y'all! It just seems to me like it's feasible to have it both ways... *shrug*

Yes, the finale can still be could with them going their separate ways. I don't the finale is going to be really bad. We know that B&B are probably going to be in at least some form of relationship next season, whether it's professional or romantic, because this whole show is about them and their relationship and the writers can't just changed the dynamic of the show. And I highly doubt that B&B will end up hating each other and start their relationship all over again from S1 because they have made so much progress in their relationship, so it would make the last 5 season pointless or marry other people and then realize what a huge mistake they have made. What could else could possibly happen that would be worse than the 100th ending?
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:38 pm

The thing is...the writing basically says, "We are stalling these characters from moving into an openly romantic involvement for as long as possible - even if have to pretend things we wrote before never happened." Sad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderwoman Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:12 pm

heirofloki wrote:Actually, it could be going separate ways AND a nice way to end the run. If they come to a sort of agreement before they have to part ways. If say, Brennan comes out and says, "sorry, I fucked up, I can and do love you" (but not in those words 'cause it's network tv and it's Brennan), that would be nice. If she says that and at least one of them already has a commitment to go off somewhere else (spec!!) well, there you go: Nice and Separate. They can re-hook up after they are done with their respective duties (that is, after the summer break for us). Again, I'm just speccing, y'all! It just seems to me like it's feasible to have it both ways... *shrug*

I agree heirofloki! I think it is very possible for them to separate but also end in a nice way. When she left him in the taxi it was still nice... just the next scene with them together tanked it. I am betting that Brennan does admit she loves him and Booth still has to go. Duty and honour. Who he is. Torn between who he loves and his country. Sully situation anyone??? She will rationally decide waiting is not feasible for either of them (maybe after a step or two forward and then a leap back- again Sully situation). Booth will ask her to have faith. Can't you just hear her response? He will convince her to say it and then the screen goes to black as he leaves her crying. Abandoned again. Just what she was afraid of.

We return in Season 6 Brennan is trying to have faith in Booth and his return but the wall has come up again for protection. Booth will need to work away at it. He can do it. But he will have some demons from the work he has done and leaving her. His family, his kill list, his gambling and maybe he loses a soldier - more blood on his hands. This could be the demon facing DB and HH have talked about and the new story lines that a break Ausilleo spoiler will give the show. They do need to do that. The characters and the show could end up in a rut otherwise. I don't want the show to ever end. I hope the expiry date is a modesty thing and they can keep going as long as possible.

Long post but I think the rollercoaster ride will have some nice ups not just downs. We had a kiss... the dam will break according Emily. I am optimistic. 4 weeks and we will know for sure and be pondering other problems I am sure.

How long is the break anyway? When do they normally come back on in US and Canada?

wonderwoman
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next