Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

+29
andreana22
mommahurley
SnoopGirl
Pat
AmandaFriend
the beaver1965
MI_Bonesgirl
bones fan 99
adbyadby
crzy4bones
Lorna Doone
RubyRuby
ReginaPhalange
bonesfan158
SouthunLady
anthropologystudent
sanasus
kat0505
elyon
katharine
TRUSSELL33
treble21
bonesparticulat
bailey
HermioneGirl101
joybrennan
tinkrella
mereva
jro54
33 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The 8th episode will "blow your mind." - Page 2 Empty Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by elyon Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:29 am

Treble, even if this happened, we know that deep down he doesn't really believe this and it would only be a temporary anomaly but I doubt, if Booth is still with Hannah, which he obviously is in this episode, that Brennan is going to say anything until that situation starts to fall apart, if then. Didn't some commentary say that Brennan would try and keep what was happening to her from Booth and he would try and dig it out of her?

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

The 8th episode will "blow your mind." - Page 2 Empty Re: The 8th episode will "blow your mind."

Post by treble21 Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:37 am

elyon wrote:Treble, even if this happened, we know that deep down he doesn't really believe this and it would only be a temporary anomaly but I doubt, if Booth is still with Hannah, which he obviously is in this episode, that Brennan is going to say anything until that situation starts to fall apart, if then. Didn't some commentary say that Brennan would try and keep what was happening to her from Booth and he would try and dig it out of her?

Yeah I remember that, but that was in the summer when the episode was first mentioned, before it was actually written, so I'm not sure it still holds. I agree IF it did happen, it would be temporary. I just think it's more likely that than Brennan committing suicide, as another poster suggested... Virtual Horizon just brought up a thought in another thread that they think it might be Brennan having surgery, the poster brings up some interesting points.

well I said I wouldn't speculate this season.... looks like I lasted for eight episodes of sides before I broke. I think it's a record for me LOL
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:54 am

That would be the worse case scenario pale or Booth/Hannah get engaged...and we get to see Emily make her sad little girly faces.

I'm starting to think that Brennan might pursue Booth (even though the romantic side of me really wants Booth to pursue her)...because if she keeps her feelings to herself, they will go back into the same holding pattern...and even though I doubt for a second that he still loves Brennan, I don't think Booth would put his heart out on the line again...unless Brennan gives him a signal that she would be receptive. I can really see this going both ways- Brennan realizes that she missed her chance and tries to move...because HH or SN did say something like Brennan would try try to keep this from Booth for as long as possible...OR she pursues Booth, but only after Hannah leaves...because I don't think she would pursue him while he's still with Hannah.

jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:09 am

I find it fascinating to contemplate what Brennan would consider 'pursuing'. She seems to have such very different ideas from the normal courting rituals. Would she knock him down and jump on him? Confront him with her feelings and demand he reciprocate? Hedge around the issue with a dozen metaphors that the poor guy has no idea what she is trying to say? Or maybe present it in scientific terms that need an interpreter? How Brennan finally puts her feelings into words should be fascinating if we all live long enough to hear it.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:09 am

treble21 wrote:
elyon wrote:Treble, even if this happened, we know that deep down he doesn't really believe this and it would only be a temporary anomaly but I doubt, if Booth is still with Hannah, which he obviously is in this episode, that Brennan is going to say anything until that situation starts to fall apart, if then. Didn't some commentary say that Brennan would try and keep what was happening to her from Booth and he would try and dig it out of her?

Yeah I remember that, but that was in the summer when the episode was first mentioned, before it was actually written, so I'm not sure it still holds. I agree IF it did happen, it would be temporary. I just think it's more likely that than Brennan committing suicide, as another poster suggested... Virtual Horizon just brought up a thought in another thread that they think it might be Brennan having surgery, the poster brings up some interesting points.

well I said I wouldn't speculate this season.... looks like I lasted for eight episodes of sides before I broke. I think it's a record for me LOL

I'm still betting on Hannah and her wounded hand.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:25 am

It would be interesting. I don't even know what that would like. I totally thought that once Brennan realizes her feelings, she wouldn't dare come between Booth/Hannah or even after Hannah leaves...but after reading some other posts, it does seem plausible for Brennan to pursue Booth after Hannah leaves. I never expected her to even verbally admit that she thought about Booth and her together to Booth and Sweets...so maybe she will.

I could see Brennan realizng that she missed her chance...so she pulls away-no more lunches at the diner, no more "after case drinks," she won't even acknowledge him or make eye contact with him. Booth starts to notice that something is wrong with her...because in the sides, he appears to be concerned about her and he asks her what's wrong. I think after a while, it will become more clear that Booth still has feelings for Brennan...and Hannah will just become like background noise. He won't pursue her romantically, but their still friends/partners. He'll wonder what's wrong...and confront her. Brennan will confess her feelings to him, tell him about the doctor, how she saw her as herself, and she missed her chance.

Of course, this will eventually lead to B&B getting together, so it won't go exactly like this, unless they don't get renewed for another season...or just the Bones god himself decides that it's time. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by jro54 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:30 am

Right after the finale I said something to a co-worker (him and his wife are the ones who got me hooked on Bones) about how I thought Booth would kiss Brennan at the airport and he replied, "Why would he? She needs to be the one kissing him."

And after I thought about that, it made a lot of sense.

That being said, I don't think either of them will be pursuing the other. I think we've already seen Booth chase after Brennan, I think this Hannah arc will show us Brennan pinning for Booth but not doing anything about it because not only does she think it would hurt Booth, but it would hurt her too much to admit how she feels.

When that is said and done, I don't think there'll be any pursuing left to do ... I think it'll be more of a natural falling together of two people who finally realize that they are suppose to be together. I see something dramatic happening in one or both of their lives that will serve as a catalyst for this, but I really don't see any traditional courting going on between these two.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:47 am

What if the sniper and GD will bring B&B closer...like maybe, Brennan gets seriously injured or she's presumed dead. No doubt that Booth will be there for her. Emily keeps saying that Brennan could be the victim. Bones can't die-no Bones, no Bones...but she could be seriously injured...then when Booth is holding her while she's bleeding death waiting for the paramedics to come, she could whisper "I love you" and he could whisper, "I love you too," back to her...but it still leads to B&B getting together, which I've tried conditon myself to get over. Rolling Eyes
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:52 am

jro54 wrote:What if the sniper and GD will bring B&B closer...like maybe, Brennan gets seriously injured or she's presumed dead. No doubt that Booth will be there for her. Emily keeps saying that Brennan could be the victim. Bones can't die-no Bones, no Bones...but she could be seriously injured...then when Booth is holding her while she's bleeding death waiting for the paramedics to come, she could whisper "I love you" and he could whisper, "I love you too," back to her...but it still leads to B&B getting together, which I've tried conditon myself to get over. Rolling Eyes
I'm still going with the journalist as the sniper. Just icing on the cake. Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by sanasus Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:18 am

I thought I'd insert my wild thoughts here...

I think that it's possible that Brennan exhibits signs that something is up throughout the Brennan P.O.V episode/episode 8. It looks like she's starting to regret her decisions already so it wouldn't be 100% out-of-the-blue. Booth asks her what's up and she admits that she is having second thoughts about the events of the 100th episode. He reacts badly, shouts about how he's happy now and it ends up in a fight, where harsh words are exchanged before the episode ends without closure for the audience.

I think this theory fits with Hart's tweets about our reactions to one of the scripts (I was pretty sure he was referring to episode 8 but I'm not sure if that was confirmed or not.)

I think it'd be a realistic situation (if the above happened) for Booth to be mad that after trying hard to move on, he's now confronted by the fact that Brennan has now put the proverbial spanner-in-the-works. It'd be a typical knee-jerk reaction. Brennan confronting him could easily make him re-consider his relationship with Hannah even if he's initially mad at her. I also think that Hannah might become aware that, as HH says B&B "belong together" and might end up being the one that encourages them to take the final step towards starting a "real" relationship. I also think this fits in with HH's quote(?) about us eventually loving Hannah.

I'm probably 99.73% off the mark but it was fun guessing. heh Wink
sanasus
sanasus
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-04-13

http://www.twitter.com/sanasus

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:55 am

sanasus wrote:I thought I'd insert my wild thoughts here...

I think that it's possible that Brennan exhibits signs that something is up throughout the Brennan P.O.V episode/episode 8. It looks like she's starting to regret her decisions already so it wouldn't be 100% out-of-the-blue. Booth asks her what's up and she admits that she is having second thoughts about the events of the 100th episode. He reacts badly, shouts about how he's happy now and it ends up in a fight, where harsh words are exchanged before the episode ends without closure for the audience.

I think this theory fits with Hart's tweets about our reactions to one of the scripts (I was pretty sure he was referring to episode 8 but I'm not sure if that was confirmed or not.)

I think it'd be a realistic situation (if the above happened) for Booth to be mad that after trying hard to move on, he's now confronted by the fact that Brennan has now put the proverbial spanner-in-the-works. It'd be a typical knee-jerk reaction. Brennan confronting him could easily make him re-consider his relationship with Hannah even if he's initially mad at her. I also think that Hannah might become aware that, as HH says B&B "belong together" and might end up being the one that encourages them to take the final step towards starting a "real" relationship. I also think this fits in with HH's quote(?) about us eventually loving Hannah.

I'm probably 99.73% off the mark but it was fun guessing. heh Wink

I think booth would be mad at first too. I agree. And it honestly isn't like brennan to lie....or not be honest (as long as she herself knows.) like right now, if someone asked if she were in love with him she may say no because she isn't fully sure. But by the 8th episode, she will probably know for sure and if booth keeps asking what's wrong....she could just come out and say it.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:22 am

HH or SN also siad that Brennan would try to keep this from Booth for "as long as possible"...so I'm guessing that she won't tell him in the 8th episode. It'll probably go on for a few episodes before Booth confronts her...and Hannah might already be gone by then.

I've read so many great posts about what they think will happen...and I really don't know what to expect. I can sort of see Brennan pursuing Booth after Hannah leaves...because when she realizes her feelings in the 8th episode, which I'm guessing that Booth is still with Hannah, she won't dare come between them...because it will hurt Booth and admitting her feelings wll hurt her too.

That being said, I think what @Bailey wrote seems more likely...because I also don't think Booth would (or should) put his heart out on the line again...so maybe Hannah will leave leaving B&B knowing that they love each other and that they want to be together...but we shall see. Wink
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:16 pm

jro54 wrote:What if the sniper and GD will bring B&B closer...like maybe, Brennan gets seriously injured or she's presumed dead. No doubt that Booth will be there for her. Emily keeps saying that Brennan could be the victim. Bones can't die-no Bones, no Bones...but she could be seriously injured...then when Booth is holding her while she's bleeding death waiting for the paramedics to come, she could whisper "I love you" and he could whisper, "I love you too," back to her...but it still leads to B&B getting together, which I've tried conditon myself to get over. Rolling Eyes

I kinda like the idea along this lines of something happening to Brennan that kinda makes Booth & Brennan kinda "wake up" you know. We know someone is going to die this season and I got to thinking what if its a intern who is working with Brennan, She gets critically injured and the Intern dies all by the hands of the Sniper. Like you said Booth would be holding her while she is basically bleeding out and I can see him having a freak out in the hospital, Sweets being there trying to calm him down. I know that sounds very almost fan-ficky but still it would be good tv! hahah and to make it better Hannah would still be around it would similar to in Harry Potter when Ron was calling Hermine's name under this breath when he was knocked out. Hannah would see how Booth is with Brennan and then everything would all come crashing down and Hannah would finally see what she has been trying to ignore all of these months......

Sorry now I want to write fan fiction I haven't done that in years!
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:23 pm

anthropologystudent wrote:

I kinda like the idea along this lines of something happening to Brennan that kinda makes Booth & Brennan kinda "wake up" you know. We know someone is going to die this season and I got to thinking what if its a intern who is working with Brennan, She gets critically injured and the Intern dies all by the hands of the Sniper. Like you said Booth would be holding her while she is basically bleeding out and I can see him having a freak out in the hospital, Sweets being there trying to calm him down. I know that sounds very almost fan-ficky but still it would be good tv! hahah and to make it better Hannah would still be around it would similar to in Harry Potter when Ron was calling Hermine's name under this breath when he was knocked out. Hannah would see how Booth is with Brennan and then everything would all come crashing down and Hannah would finally see what she has been trying to ignore all of these months......

Sorry now I want to write fan fiction I haven't done that in years!

Ooh, that remains me of a really good fanfic I just read. It starts off really bad...because Brennan gets kidnapp by a serial killer rapist and she kills him just before he ummm...yeah...but then Booth never leaves her side...and it really sweet. I love you

...but yeah, it sounds a little too fanfiction-icky...but I could see it happening. Brennan and one of the squinterns get shot. The squintern dies and Brennan is critically injured. Booth holds her while she's bleeding and her last breathe, "I love you," and he whispers, "I love you too." While she's in sugery, Booth is freaking out...and Sweets is trying to calm him down. Love it. Either that or Max dies..and Brennan's all upset.

...and it could great way for Hannah see the relationship B&B really have...but after the 2nd episode, I think Hannah might be around a little less than I orginally assumed.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Let's hope so. Not interested in too much more, "All My Squints." (coined by MI_Bonesgirl!) Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthunLady Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:33 am

I hope this episode blows our mind in a good way. I don't think I can handle many more blows to the gut.
SouthunLady
SouthunLady

Number of posts : 9
Say What You Want : Love Bones, David Boreanaz, Reading British Mysteries, Painting, Silk Embroidery, Celtic Music
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:37 am

Cautiously hopeful from the material in the sides. But I agree, anymore low blows or future SO's and this show goes.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesfan158 Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:49 am

The only thing it means to me is that something is happening in the 8th episode that this person didn't expect and it's huge. We'll have to wait and see. I hope the World Series is a sweep--less days without Bones!!!

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:27 am

I'm really excited about this episode...but I'm a little nervous, assuming that Hart's tweet is referring to the fans, I just can picture Brennan admitting her feelings to Booth and he rejects her...OR Booth/Hannah get engaged and we get to see how Brennan feels about it.nervous
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:31 am

I think you have to view Hannah on the same trajectory as Brennan and Daisy were at the end of last season. She's ambitious and career-driven. She's infatuated with Booth, after all he's gorgeous and did save her life, and willing to give DC a chance in order to be with him but it's obvious from the last episode that her career is number 1. We've been given no indication that she wants to carve out a domestic relationship, create a home or a family which deep down is what Booth probably does want. The odds of them getting engaged I think are pretty slim.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:35 am

elyon wrote:I think you have to view Hannah on the same trajectory as Brennan and Daisy were at the end of last season. She's ambitious and career-driven. She's infatuated with Booth, after all he's gorgeous and did save her life, and willing to give DC a chance in order to be with him but it's obvious from the last episode that her career is number 1. We've been given no indication that she wants to carve out a domestic relationship, create a home or a family which deep down is what Booth probably does want. The odds of them getting engaged I think are pretty slim.

I totally agree with this; Hannah is much too ambitious and as a reporter she would want to search some adventure in her life instead of settling down.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:38 am

After the 2nd episode, I don't think an engagement is very likely...just because Booth/Hannah seems way more of fling, than a serious romantic relationship. They definitely don't have the same deep emtional attachment that B&B have...but still ya never know.

I so hope Booth doesn't propose to Hannah...and she turns him down leaving him all sad and broken hearted. Then if B&B ever get together...it would seem like Brennan is the "rebound girl." nervous
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:55 am

I loved the scene at the FF when Hannah was telling Brennan about how she and Booth met and she says, 'Seeley never went for the kill if he could help it.' She says it as if she is telling Brennan something that Brennan doesn't know but there is so much backstory between B&B in the implications of that statement that the two of them instinctively look at each other with stares that told this viewer at least that there may be a crust of cold rock on the surface but the lava is still boiling below.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:03 am

Hannah has no idea about B&B's back history. Twisted Evil I kinda like it how Booth hasn't told her much about his personal life...because it might mean that he doesn't see this going very far...because if he did see this going somewhere, I would expect him to tell her everything...like when B&B first met...and he told Brennan that he had a gambling problem...because he thought this was going to somewhere.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:17 am

Hannah doesn't seem to know much which says that Booth is protecting the same past he told Sweets he's putting behind him. If he really felt that it was going somewhere with Hannah during those stressful months in Afghanistan, I agree he would have confided in her. It would have been a catharsis for him but instead he has buried his relationship with Brennan deep inside. It's still there. The kind of commitment that they have had for each other, no matter what their romantic connection, doesn't just disappear in a few months.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next